Welcome to the Eric van de Poele Memorial Forum

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Welcome to the Eric van de Poele Memorial Forum

Post by eytl »

Hi everyone,

Due to popular demand, we have created a new forum on this board for "miscellaneous motorsport" discussion - threads about F1 history that don't necessarily have a reject slant, quizzes and other random threads (that aren't about video/computer games or alternative series - that belongs on the Perry McCarthy forum), and all other forms of motor racing. We have decided to call it the Eric van de Poele Memorial Forum, after arguably the most versatile driver we've ever profiled.

In fact, what we have done is rename the old Jean-Denis Deletraz forum as the EVDP forum, and recreated the JDD forum before moving across all the threads that were about reject drivers and teams. This is because "miscellaneous motorsport" threads outnumbered "reject" threads about 3 to 1, and so it was easier to move the latter across to a new forum.

The process has now been completed so please enjoy the two new forums - and try your best to post the right thing in the right place!

Cheers,
Enoch
Last edited by eytl on 03 Feb 2012, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Transfer of posts to new JDD forum complete.
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: New forum: the Eric van de Poele Memorial Forum

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Eric van de Poele FTW
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Yay! My favourite reject got his own memorial forum. I am pleased, thank you very much.
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

I might add, EVDP was the first driver to ever contact us personally, which he did out of the blue, back in 2000.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

The JDD Memorial Forum has already given birth to the Perry McCarthy Memorial Forum. And now the EvdP Forum. Wow.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Kuwashima wrote:I might add, EVDP was the first driver to ever contact us personally, which he did out of the blue, back in 2000.

I've never heard this story. What did he say?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

dr-baker wrote:The JDD Memorial Forum has already given birth to the Perry McCarthy Memorial Forum. And now the EvdP Forum. Wow.

so that is what Délétraz is doing?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

This wrote:
dr-baker wrote:The JDD Memorial Forum has already given birth to the Perry McCarthy Memorial Forum. And now the EvdP Forum. Wow.

What were Alesi and Schumacher doing?
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

redbulljack14 wrote:
This wrote:

I don't care what Alesi and either Schumacher were doing. They're not rejects. :o ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

dr-baker wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:
This wrote:so that is what Délétraz is doing?

I don't care what Alesi and either Schumacher were doing. They're not rejects. :o ;)

Murray Walker says it matters what Alesi and Schumacher were doing. So it matters. Although what Deletraz was doing was more important.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I was wondering what had happened to the new forum idea, but I suppose that other thread about the 2037 F1 Rejects Superteam explain it in a way!

I'll make my best attempt to keep the right stuff in the right forum...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

kostas22 wrote:
Kuwashima wrote:I might add, EVDP was the first driver to ever contact us personally, which he did out of the blue, back in 2000.

I've never heard this story. What did he say?

Alas, we no longer have the email. But he basically said he'd come across our page, liked it, and provided a few extra details. We then replied and our subsequent correspondence eventually became our EvdP interview: http://www.f1rejects.com/interviews/vandepoele/index.html (link dead)
We then corresponded a bit over the years - the content of which was basically us trying to get him to do Bathurst!
We should try to get some of these people on the phone or Skype for future podcasts!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Kuwashima wrote:We should try to get some of these people on the phone or Skype for future podcasts!

I propose the F1 Rejects podcast trivia challenge during the 2012 season and the winner gets an F1 Rejects cap :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Wizzie wrote:
Kuwashima wrote:We should try to get some of these people on the phone or Skype for future podcasts!

I propose the F1 Rejects podcast trivia challenge during the 2012 season and the winner gets an F1 Rejects cap :lol:

I second this notion; my never-ending re-listen to all the podcasts could actually come in handy. I'm currently in the midst of the 2009 season.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Wizzie wrote:

Or a T-shirt with "I won the F1 Rejects Podcast Trivia Challenge and all I got was this T-shirt" printed on it. :D
This is a cool spot.