Court of Arbitration for Sport (Virtual motorsport) thread

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
DemocalypseNow

Re: Court of Arbitration for Sport (Virtual motorsport) thre

Post by DemocalypseNow »

dr-baker wrote:Wow. The state sector is in a mess. I went to public school, and ended up learning French from the age of 7 all the way through to uni level. Along the way, I also did 3 years of German (ended up with a GCSE in both French and German) and Latin for a few years (but no GCSE there). Age 13 was interesting when I was doing English (obviously), French first year of German and final year of Latin... Would probably have started French earlier if I hadn't needed full-time Speech and Language Therapy for two years. In a special department of a main-stream school.

Not every state school is a mess. Despite the city's reputation, Glasgow is actually littered with very good free schools like Jordanhill, Williamwood, St Ninian's, Milgavie, Bearsden, Balfron and Newton Mearns (where all the footballers live).

The last time I looked at High School league tables was like five years ago, and back then it was only just scraping inside the top 70% schools in Scotland. And it's not as if we were in a run down socially deprived area either. The school was just very badly run, which must have explained why they had such a hard time of attracting new teachers to join the staff, even though there is a well documented shortage of jobs for teachers to take.

Why HMIe gave them a mostly positive review I will never know. Perhaps I am grossly overestimating what other schools were achieving...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Oh god school. This just reminds me how properly f*cked my future is. The fact that I really struggle acidemically and have always done so just makes it worse. I doubt very much I will ever get a jod as every potential employer will run 500 km after seeing my grades.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Over here, there is no such thing as GCSEs or A-Levels. For the third and fifth years of Secondary school, you pick three or four subjects that you would like to study more (ie you get more periods of said subjects every week), and then all you have to do is pass your exams in December and June, and that's it.

For example, being in my fifth year of Secondary, I picked the option of 35 periods a week (the maximum available), with 8 periods of Math, 7 periods of Sciences (2 of each subject, with the seventh rotating weekly between Physics and Chemistry), 4 periods each of Dutch, German and French, and the remaining 8 periods consisting of the standard classes that every student has (2 periods each of Gym, Geography, History and Religion).
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

tommykl wrote:Over here, there is no such thing as GCSEs or A-Levels. For the third and fifth years of Secondary school, you pick three or four subjects that you would like to study more (ie you get more periods of said subjects every week), and then all you have to do is pass your exams in December and June, and that's it.

For example, being in my fifth year of Secondary, I picked the option of 35 periods a week (the maximum available), with 8 periods of Math, 7 periods of Sciences (2 of each subject, with the seventh rotating weekly between Physics and Chemistry), 4 periods each of Dutch, German and French, and the remaining 8 periods consisting of the standard classes that every student has (2 periods each of Gym, Geography, History and Religion).

The available choices depend a lot on which school you're going to (at least, it was like that in my day), choosing to go to a relatively small local school, there wasn't a lot of choice. Personally i think they force people to make a choice way too early (because it was very difficult to change after you've cosen a direction in the third year, i don't know if this is still the case). And there are lots of useless directions in technical schools (which is were the majority of students are), i think the structure of the ASO-TSO-BSO (i don't know how you call that in Wallonia) is outdated anyway. The biggest problem is that most directions are career dead-ends. The best thing would be staying in aso,which keeps a lot of options open. Most people try to, but if you're horrible in one of the subjects (i was horrible in anything i had to calculate things or use grammar :lol: ), you don't stand a chance. Falling out of the aso is like gambling, you choose a direction, not knowing where you could end up in later life, and just have to pray it's the right one. If you make the wrong coiche, too bad, you will not get a second chance. The majority of people are not wise enough to make such decisions when they're 14, not even when they're 16. I haven't managed to make a choice yet when i'm 26, mainly because of the system that gave me no useful information whatsoever. Basically, if you don't have friends or family that can give you good advice you're screwed. And i've been slightly screwed, as i chose for a economical direction (for a lack of better options within my school), and it proved to be the wrong one, because i sucked at it. Thankfully i still had a lot of general subjects, so i could still do university/college, but lot of others were screwed.
And they should replace the subject 'religion' with something more useful :lol:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Bump
Instead of law(I had the wrong grades) I am doing I.T at collage and a photography refresher course
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

roblomas52 wrote:Bump
Instead of law(I had the wrong grades) I am doing I.T at collage and a photography refresher course

...what has that got to do with anything in this topic? The above few posts were already wide off the mark, so bumping the thread with more off topic makes no sense.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Nuppiz wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:Bump

...what has that got to do with anything in this topic? The above few posts were already wide off the mark, so bumping the thread with more off topic makes no sense.

Sorry
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Also, you can't bump a thread that's stickied! When I saw there was a new post I assumed it was about the Voeckler superlicense controversy.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Warren Hughes wrote:Also, you can't bump a thread that's stickied! When I saw there was a new post I assumed it was about the Voeckler superlicense controversy.

Me too, to be honest. Bit disappointed...

By the way, just in the wrong thread. We are discussing courses and futures in the 'Just nipping out for a while' thread...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Why not produce a thread on school etc?
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

You know what? I'm locking this thread until someone actually has a case to discuss on. Contact me via email or the Mibbit chat when you want this opened.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Kamaha are lodging an appeal against the one race ban of Nathan McKane.

• the name and full address of the Respondent(s)
Kamaha Motorsports Ltd
On behalf of Nathan McKane
1 The Pits
Brands Hatch
Fawkham
Longfield
Kent DA3 8NG
England

• a copy of the decision appealed against;
* Nathan McKane gets a 1 Race Ban for causing his accident with Tomo Kazama in 1st Lap

• the Appellant’s request for relief;
The incident was caused by a number of cars hitting each other which caused McKane to hit Ben Fleet, Ben Fleet continued straight but we believe that McKane had a bent steering arm and a stuck throttle which caused him to arc off the track before going back on the track and being hit by Kazama. Telementary data shows that McKane had the same throttle pressure during the accident. However the resulting crash unstick the throttle and damaged the steering arm further so it is impossible to show it as conculsive evidence. McKane has said in a statement to us that is what happended. We have watched the footage several times and believe that it was purely an unlucky accident and therefore a racing incident.

We also like to point out that no driver is going to drive into a pack of racing cars sideways, as death or injury may occur. McKane suffered minor brusing and Kazama lost a lot of time and went to the back of the field. So we feel that we have been punished enough this weekend.

• the nomination of the arbitrator chosen by the Appellant from the CAS list, unless the parties have agreed to a Panel composed of a sole arbitrator;
We are quite happy to accept anyone as long as they do not have a say in a F1RWRS team or Tyre company.

• if applicable, an application to stay the execution of the decision appealed against, together with reasons;
The FRWRS commission have asked that this be resolved by Friday, however if an agreement can not be reached then we would like the ban to be suspended until the appeal can be held and judged.

• a copy of the provisions of the statutes or regulations or the specific agreement providing for appeal to the CAS.
The F1RWRS rules do not have any rules or notes regarding driver penalities for racing incidents.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

SuperAguri, when it refers to the respondent it means the defendant, which is F1RWRS.

Anyway,

CAS informs that the appellant's appeal was well received. The Respondent, a representative on behalf of F1RWRS, has now 2 days to submit its answer.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Daniel Prieto, as a representative of F1RWRS Commission, would like to answer to the case started by Kamaha Motorsports ltd, regarding the penalty handed to driver of the car #13, Nathan McKane, at the 2016 F1RWRS Italian Grand Prix.

The Respondent answer to the Appellant:

* After watching footage of the accident, we can conclude that:
- Car #13 Steering arm wasn't damaged after hitting Ben Fleet, as McKane easily steers the car over the grass towards the track.
- Car #13 Throttle wasn't stuck, or not to the point of the driver being unable to stop the car before re-entering the track, as the car did not gain any speed towards rejoining the track. Had the throttle been stuck, the commission understands that Car #13 would have gained speed.
- Driver of Car #13, Nathan McKane, did not take any measures either to: Stop the car before re-entering the car, or direct the car to a safer point out of the racing line.

* As for the lack of specific notes regarding penalties, we believe that the Kamaha team has no case as per two reasons:
- Penalties have been consistently being handed by the commission since the start of the 2014 season; with the verbal agreement of all teams. Therefore there's more than one precedent of the commission handing penalties.
- There's no other government body with enough competence and responsability to hand penalties against F1RWRS drivers and teams, therefore the Commission has the right to hand penalties as the organizer and government body of the F1RWRS Championship.
- However, the commission accepts that a set of rules regarding this matter should be added to the rulebook, to avoid confusion in the future.

* In conclusion, the commission feels that a One Race Ban for Nathan McKane is appropiate and in touch with the seriousness of the accident at the start of the 2016 F1RWRS Grand Prix. We'd also like to remind that this is not the first dangerous action by the driver this season, as the driver ran to the back of another driver (Brucie Kibbutz) during the 2016 F1RWRS Australian Grand Prix, although no penalty or further action was taken at that point. However, we can't forget that is not the first act of reckless driving by Nathan McKane during this season.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

The CAS confirms the reception of the respondents answer.

As stated by the appellant, it is the duty of the CAS President to appoint independent arbitrators. Whence the decision to appoint Mr Roblomas52 as the sole arbitrator of the Panel.

The CAS informs that given the urgency requested by the appellant, the CAS reserves for itself the power of shortening the deadlines present both in the General Provisions and in the Procedure of Appeal Provisions.

Consequently, both parties have now one day to challenge the arbitrator. In case of a successful challenge, either the parties agree on the name of the new arbitrator or the President will be automatically assigned the position.

Meanwhile, the President informs that the appointed arbitrator, Mr Roblomas52, shall immediately begin review all the presented evidence and decide as soon as possible if an hearing is needed in order to acquire further evidence or more arguments. If no hearing is required, it is of the arbitrator duty to then present his decision and the reasons that led to it. The President will then render the award accordingly. If in case of absolute need, Mr Roblomas52 may take council with either the President or Mr Salamander unless one of the involved parties presents an objection.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DanielPT wrote:The CAS confirms the reception of the respondents answer.

As stated by the appellant, it is the duty of the CAS President to appoint independent arbitrators. Whence the decision to appoint Mr Roblomas52 as the sole arbitrator of the Panel.

The CAS informs that given the urgency requested by the appellant, the CAS reserves for itself the power of shortening the deadlines present both in the General Provisions and in the Procedure of Appeal Provisions.

Consequently, both parties have now one day to challenge the arbitrator. In case of a successful challenge, either the parties agree on the name of the new arbitrator or the President will be automatically assigned the position.

Meanwhile, the President informs that the appointed arbitrator, Mr Roblomas52, shall immediately begin review all the presented evidence and decide as soon as possible if an hearing is needed in order to acquire further evidence or more arguments. If no hearing is required, it is of the arbitrator duty to then present his decision and the reasons that led to it. The President will then render the award accordingly. If in case of absolute need, Mr Roblomas52 may take council with either the President or Mr Salamander unless one of the involved parties presents an objection.

Your honour, we at Melrose Racing Team wholeheartedly object the appointment of Mr Roblomas52 as arbitrator for this case, on the basis that he is the F1RWRS activities manager of the Michelin tyre company. In our opinion, this presents an unacceptable situation, as the Kamaha team currently has a works tyre deal with Michelin, which will no doubt affect the proceedings of this case.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Autodynamics protest this as this Roblomas52 individual has clearly shown incompetence in the past, including failing to read several basic instructions
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Having revised its role on the F1RWRS, the President rules favourably the challenge to Mr Roblomas52 appointment due to his duties with an indirect party (unknown to the CAS at the time). Exceptionally, the CAS now calls forward Mr Pycku, Mr Ben Purse, Mr Dark77, Mr Takagi_for_the_win or Mr Matt121 for one to become the independent arbitrator that is required to make the decision. If no arbitrator is appointed within one day, the President will assume the role of the sole arbitrator. The CAS reminds that, if this do happen, no challenge can be made (R34).
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

As no arbitrator was appointed, the President will assume the role of the sole arbitrator.

Tonight (GMT) will be announced if an hearing will be needed or not for further collect and analysis of evidences and/or interviews.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

The Panel has decided that a hearing will take place next Tuesday at 22:30 GMT. It will be constituted by an interview with Mr McKane, a second interview with a responsible expert within Kamaha chosen by the latter and a final third interview with a responsible expert from the respondent party. Until the hearing takes place the ban will be suspended.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

The Panel declares the hearing for the McKane case open.

For the first interview, it summons Mr McKane to the stage.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

DanielPT wrote:The Panel declares the hearing for the McKane case open.

For the first interview, it summons Mr McKane to the stage.

Nathan McKane arrives at the stage.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Mr McKane, in the appellant's case, you mentioned that you bent the steering arm and stuck a throttle, yet in the video evidence it shows that you tried to steer the car, which is proven by the wheels changing their direction at least twice. Meanwhile the car kept its speed instead of increasing it while rejoining the track. What is your version?
RealRacingRoots

DanielPT wrote:Mr McKane, in the appellant's case, you mentioned that you bent the steering arm and stuck a throttle, yet in the video evidence it shows that you tried to steer the car, which is proven by the wheels changing their direction at least twice. Meanwhile the car kept its speed instead of increasing it while rejoining the track. What is your version?

Mr McKane wrote: The start at Monza is always one of the trickiest in the world; it's the the cars going from V-Max to first gear in a tight right left chicane with a narrowing braking zone. Judging from the replay everyone from the back of the grid forward was playing for keeps when they should have been trying to survive. We saw this in 2 cases, the first being the melle which included Pippa Mann.

The other started when a Arrowtech (Phillippe Nicolas) being the instigator of the second melle, which included myself, Kazama and Fleet. Nicolas, who started P11, failed to slow down at the braking zone and moved into the middle lane so that he could use Kazama as his brakes. Tomo was then along for the ride, and ran into me, which vaulted me into Fleet who found himself by the inside barrier. The sideswipe with Fleet was what gave the damage to the steering arm. Now, I was in the grass at this point, and aiming for what I know is the escape road that cuts the second part of the chicane. Which, just for the race, was covered with a astroturf. That astroturf was as slippery as ice, leacing me with little control and the illusion of a stuck throttle. The throttle was never stuck, the damage that was sustained during the crashes before Tomo ran into me with no where to go was the steering arm, and rear subframe/suspension after Kazama hit me.

In Short. This was all started by Phillippe Nicolas. He moved into the middle lane when there was plenty of room on the inside. He didn't brake and ran into Tomo Kazama. And that caused the series of unfortunate events for Kazama, Fleet and Myself. In a premier racing series, such a dangerous action should never be welcomed or promoted. Especially considering he went on to win the Italian Grand Prix after causing the demise of three cars with one wreckless action. If I have a one race ban because of damaged car and the track getting changed at the last minute, then Nicolas should should have a penalty ten times worse for intent to harm and doing it without remorse.
GT Super Series
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Mr McKane, you mentioned astroturf which is slippery as ice. The car mantained a straight trajectory after it was seen the aforementioned change of directions. Would the astroturf spin you out of control given sudden change of directions?
RealRacingRoots

DanielPT wrote:Mr McKane, you mentioned astroturf which is slippery as ice. The car mantained a straight trajectory after it was seen the aforementioned change of directions. Would the astroturf spin you out of control given sudden change of directions?

Mr McKane wrote: On the astroturf, the car's inertia proved high enough after the collision with Kazama that it provided me with little chance to change the trajectory of where I was going to go on the other side of the chicane.
GT Super Series
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

So you reckon, Mr McKane that it was the astroturf the biggest responsible for the direction that your car took?
RealRacingRoots

DanielPT wrote:So you reckon, Mr McKane that it was the astroturf the biggest responsible for the direction that your car took?

Mr McKane wrote: Alongside the steering damage inhibiting my ability to change my direction of travel as I was approaching the astroturf, yes.
GT Super Series
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

The Panel is still wondering, though, why the wheels turned several times since you, Mr McKane, entered the grass and left the astroturf. What is your explanation?
RealRacingRoots

DanielPT wrote:The Panel is still wondering, though, why the wheels turned several times since you, Mr McKane, entered the grass and left the astroturf. What is your explanation?

Mr McKane wrote:Without actually applying steering lock, one cannot know if there is damage to the steering unless it is of such a high magnitude. After Kazama hit me and I sideswiped Fleet, there only place for me to go was into the grass.
GT Super Series
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Thank you Mr McKane. That is all.

The Panel now summons the expert nominated by Kamaha to the stage.

(By the way, the hearing might drag more than a real life day, depending on the availability of the involved).
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Simon Edgeworth wrote:Hello, my name is Simon Edgeworth and I am the chief race engineer for the Kamaha F1 team and I will be representing them in this hearing.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Mr Edgeworth, it is mentioned that Mr McKane's car had a throttle struck. However, during his interview, Mr McKane blamed this fact on the astroturf that is present which gave him the illusion of stuck throttle and therefore his conclusion that the throttle wasn't stuck. This apparently conflicts with the telemetry. What analysis do you make of this?
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Simon Edgeworth wrote:It is difficult to say as the car was quite damaged when McKane came back on the track and got t-boned. We believe that the onboard computer that opened the throttle was playing up giving the illusion of a stuck throttle even if McKane seemed to think that it was not. The astroturf also meant the tyres span and were not giving any grip.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Mr Edgeworth, video evidence shows that Mr McKane's car turned the wheels. Accordingly with the evidence that the team provided, the steering arm was bent and thus led for McKane to arc off into the track again. How is that possible?

(I am sorry for the delay)
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Although it looks like McKane is turning the wheels and that the wheels are turning, the arm is bent enough that McKane has no control. If you were driving a car with a wheel pointing a slightly different direction then you would find the car hard to control. However as the arm was damage on the impact with his team mate, we can't give evidence that this was the case, however the telemetry data show the wheels slipping a lot more on the other tyres.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Still, how can you argue that the arm was bent if, as you say, you cannot present it as evidence?
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Through telemetry data and through the video evidence. You can see that the steering is not as sharp as it would be even on a slippery surface.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Finally, Mr Edgeworth, could Mr McKane have hit the brakes in order to prevent the car from entering the track in such a way?