The TM Master Cup Series thread (NR2003)

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
TomWazzleshaw

Re: The TM Master Cup Series thread (NR2003)

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RealRacingRoots wrote:A huge hunk of teams have walked out of the Round of Michigan because they won't get Provisional Entries at Indy and Karjala.

I really want a huge nWo style invasion of the TMMC in the future after the MCMA walks out and makes their own series, like what happened with the STCC and TTA.

Oh, and Melrose Racing Team taking part with current Formula A drivers Daniel Melrose and Nathan McKane at Michigan or in the future.

MRT will be more than happy to jump at the chance for Michigan but we'll let McKane run the Stateside operations as I have very little understanding of the rules. :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Wizzie wrote:
RealRacingRoots wrote:A huge hunk of teams have walked out of the Round of Michigan because they won't get Provisional Entries at Indy and Karjala.

I really want a huge nWo style invasion of the TMMC in the future after the MCMA walks out and makes their own series, like what happened with the STCC and TTA.

Oh, and Melrose Racing Team taking part with current Formula A drivers Daniel Melrose and Nathan McKane at Michigan or in the future.

MRT will be more than happy to jump at the chance for Michigan but we'll let McKane run the Stateside operations as I have very little understanding of the rules. :lol:

Nor do I. But that's why we have Cynon (cues Cynon stage left) too help out with everything. Or we can WORK TOGETHER rather then leave one person with everything on the plate.

I mean, what could POSSIBLY go wrong? :lol:
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Nor do I. But that's why we have Cynon (cues Cynon stage left) too help out with everything. Or we can WORK TOGETHER rather then leave one person with everything on the plate.

I mean, what could POSSIBLY go wrong? :lol:

Sounds like a plan. With two former multiple time Formula A world champions, we'll take over the world! :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RealRacingRoots

Wait, lets do this right. Formula A teams replace MCMA and take over TMMC!
GT Super Series
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'm not sure the MCMA will form their own series, I think it's pretty likely they'll just switch to the ASCC. I'm also not sure all of the teams in the MCMA will leave, but I'm sure at least one or two will - I don't think the officials will take kindly to this. I think I see a sort of situation similar to the new teams in F1 in 2010, where the teams were chosen because they toed the line and went along with what Mosely wanted, not necessarily because they were the best for the job. So, good for my hopes of entering the series full-time with Wernström next year.

Also note that Wernström also have a Formula A team of their own... perhaps with a certain big-mouthed Welshman at the helm of one of the cars?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Accidental double post.
Last edited by RonDenisDeletraz on 10 Jul 2012, 03:19, edited 1 time in total.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
RonDenisDeletraz

I think you are all forgetting that I have actually had success un the TM Master Cup Series. #2ndPlaceAtKarjala
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
RealRacingRoots

eurobrun wrote:I think you are all forgetting that I have actually had success un the TM Master Cup Series. #2ndPlaceAtKarjala

I don't think that's enough of an invasion. Sure, you can join BlindCaveSalamander. But that's just one team, we're talking a full scale invasion.
GT Super Series
raveen

Post by raveen »

I have got a lot of information from her. Really nice topic.
RonDenisDeletraz

raveen wrote:I have got a lot of information from her. Really nice topic.

So, who is she?

RealRacingRoots

eurobrun wrote:

So, who is she?

Alexis Rainsford is real? :o
GT Super Series
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

So, who is she?

Alexis Rainsford is real? :o

Sssshhttt, dr-baker might stumble on this topic :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Could you disclose on this? Sounds like a nice topic. ;)

MODERATOR!!!!
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

eurobrun wrote:So, who is she?

RealRacingRoots wrote:Alexis Rainsford is real? :o

tommykl wrote:Sssshhttt, dr-baker might stumble on this topic :P

Hmmm. Somebody called me??? And just who is Alexis Rainsford?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

RealRacingRoots wrote:EDIT: I wonder if Greg Woodard snoops around F1Rejects and saw what I said about the Corsa kinda looking like a Manticore. He had to ruin my bliss. Boo. :cry:

You rang? :lol:

Anywho, I can't help it if I create cars that look like cars in the TM canon or in Real Life. If you've snooped or are a member of the forums (I'll guess that you are), then you've seen the whole 'I can't believe Lycoia is just a clone of a Holden' issue I've dealt with. I had never seen a Holden until after the fact.

Oh, yes, for you who aren't members of EFR, but follow the series on the site, you'll know me to be obsessed with Lycoia as it is my creation :D.
Lycoia Motors - Pushing the Limit
Helsing Racing Technologies - Slay the Competition
Founded and 'Built' Proudly in the USA!
RonDenisDeletraz

gwoodard41 wrote:
RealRacingRoots wrote:EDIT: I wonder if Greg Woodard snoops around F1Rejects and saw what I said about the Corsa kinda looking like a Manticore. He had to ruin my bliss. Boo. :cry:

Anywho, I can't help it if I create cars that look like cars in the TM canon or in Real Life. If you've snooped or are a member of the forums (I'll guess that you are), then you've seen the whole 'I can't believe Lycoia is just a clone of a Holden' issue I've dealt with. I had never seen a Holden until after the fact.

Oh, yes, for you who aren't members of EFR, but follow the series on the site, you'll know me to be obsessed with Lycoia as it is my creation :D.

Welcome to the forum. It would be great if more people from EFR joined here.

I am unknownuser, just so you know.

gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

eurobrun wrote:
gwoodard41 wrote:

Welcome to the forum. It would be great if more people from EFR joined here.

I am unknownuser, just so you know.

Yeah... The Corsa (default cup, not the current one) was created by another person. I didn't join up at EFR until last year. (8/20/11) so It's almost been ONE year :D
RealRacingRoots

Curses, Arto DNFd.

The track (Quebec) reminds me of the Buddh with it's undulating straight and flowing corners. But that race was extra sloppy in the beginning.

Oh, and when you said "Formula A antics" it totally reminded me of DGNgineering's title run in the F1RWRS in 2014.
GT Super Series
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

Is it me or does Lycoia tend to have an issue with wrecking their own cars? :lol:
RealRacingRoots

It all started at Decatur. It looks like some people are jealous you get the Interceptor. Even if the Brute is one of the more underrated cars in the TMMC, although it's not the best at road courses.
GT Super Series
RonDenisDeletraz

gwoodard41 wrote:Is it me or does Lycoia tend to have an issue with wrecking their own cars? :lol:

I have sort of noticed that.

I really want Paasonen to have another good run.

RealRacingRoots

eurobrun wrote:I really want Paasonen to have another good run.

Hes in the wrong car. If Lynxe makes their own team, Mika should go to Volpi.
GT Super Series
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

RealRacingRoots wrote:It all started at Decatur. It looks like some people are jealous you get the Interceptor. Even if the Brute is one of the more underrated cars in the TMMC, although it's not the best at road courses.

The Interceptor is an R&D Chassis for the remainder of the season, but let me explain the thing between the Brute and Interceptor. Also, TIM being my team, and the 'factory' team, tends to get red shirt status when testing chassis this year.

The Interceptor is based off the new design of the Sentinel, aka the civilian chassis. The Brute is merely the old design... or that's how I had it planned. Now seeing as the Brute and Interceptor will be in next year (The Interceptor going full time, no clue to which team yet, and the Brute remaining the Independent's trophy chassis.)

It matters how the cars are set up for the year is how they will do on specific courses. Also, driver preferences matter in the long run too.

Jealousy is not a good reason to throw the lead away and possibly locking up the IT championship :lol: Moore isn't my driver, but that was rather hilarious what happened.

The thing with Decatur was that the Striker SS was a hastily created model due to my laptop (with everything on it) having it's hard drive going bye bye. I wound up recovering a lot but I needed a chassis to compete in Decatur. Teller Jr got the Striker SS and my team got the Brute. Still 'handled' like crap. That's because I focused on everything but chassis stats (you know steering/control/etc).

Oh right, sign ups for Indy are going on right now... same process as Karjala (I hope Cynon doesn't kill me/ban me for posting about it before he did *gulp*).

The ugliest version of the Brute was definitely the Patriot Brute I used for the 2011 Indy race. The Design has significantly improved.
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

Finally, nothing went wrong and my driver snagged a 13th place finish - I'm happy!
RonDenisDeletraz

Well Paasonen only just qualified for Indy

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:Well Paasonen only just qualified for Indy

Jaeger, on the other hand, didn't. A shame since he looked reasonably competitve in pre-qualifying. :(
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

Jaeger, on the other hand, didn't. A shame since he looked reasonably competitve in pre-qualifying. :(

I think he had a tyre failure

gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

eurobrun wrote:

Jaeger, on the other hand, didn't. A shame since he looked reasonably competitive in pre-qualifying. :(

I think he had a tyre failure

Friedrich Jaeger and the Wernstrom were having problems keeping that car on the pace and lost a lap after pitting for a cut tire. In other words, Murphy's Law.

Mechanical failures on top of a cut tire led to his lack of transferring to the main race.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

I don't think I have posted here yet, haven't I? Anyway, I want to compliment you for the universe you created. I wish I had the endurance to do THAT amount of series at the same time. I guess that's what the users involved in my IndyCar and DTM series wish, too. :mrgreen:
MIA SAN MIA!
Magus978

Post by Magus978 »

I'll bump this because the first of two races in the Australian tour is up.

BTW, I'm Tom Delgado, 2-time TM Master Cup race winner (2011 Round of Las Vegas & 2011 Round of Michigan) & former driver of the #37 Five Guys Burgers & Fries Nemoto. I retired after failing to pre-qualify for the Round of Indianapolis, citing health reasons. Glad to see a lot of people enjoying Cynon's' work :D

That post wasn't in character at all. The character is just named after me :P
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

What do you get when you imitate a bulldozer at a professional auto racing league race? Nothing but a fat points penalty!

Anyway, with the Round of Decatur coming up, who do you want to lay the claim to fame and win the TMMC Trophy for 2012?!

Just askin'
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'm rooting most for Leonid Roderick and Arto Kekkonen, though I wouldn't mind if Devereux won it, he has been driving awesomely all through the season. The only one I really don't want to win is Soveral, I just think he hasn't been as good as the other three. Which probably explains why he's the longest shot to win it.
Everything's great.
RealRacingRoots

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:I'm rooting most for Leonid Roderick and Arto Kekkonen, though I wouldn't mind if Devereux won it, he has been driving awesomely all through the season. The only one I really don't want to win is Soveral, I just think he hasn't been as good as the other three. Which probably explains why he's the longest shot to win it.

That about sums it up for me too. After Luciano spun Ryan Matthews at Quincy for the assist to his win, I've become critical of him. He's good, but he's not that good and that incident showed his immaturity. Also he got the best car in the field bar the Manticores if it doesn't blow up.
GT Super Series
RonDenisDeletraz

I am really hoping Paasonen manages to finish off his season well

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:I am really hoping Paasonen manages to finish off his season well

I am hoping Jaeger manages to qualify and complete at least 1 lap this time.
Everything's great.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

eurobrun wrote:I am really hoping Paasonen manages to finish off his season well

The fact that car qualified for Karjala was a miracle in and of itself because I never got ratings for it. :lol:

Clévenot, Johaanes, Sykes, and the Volpis have the potential to be championship spoilers... and possibly the Manticores as well if they don't explode and Taube if he doesn't crash into everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8qrZAlQM38
Here's Round 20 for anyone who missed out...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9174A37646B4A540
...or for anyone who wants to catch up on the season...
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Cynon wrote:

The fact that car qualified for Karjala was a miracle in and of itself because I never got ratings for it. :lol:

Oh, well, I guess that's something. But I thought I already gave you ratings for it. You have them now though, right?
Everything's great.
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

I noticed something, when my namesake raced at both Road America and HLR Circuit, he finished 13th both times after a late race charge towards the front. Coincidence? Probably.

I hope that my team pulls off a miracle and gets into Decatur. After that, I just hope the three drivers don't act like a bunch of stooges or bulldozers during the race :lol:
RealRacingRoots

Passonen, Chuc-Friedrich Jaeger and Woodard all survived PQ. But I'm most stoked for Treven Terrell and Tutino for being smarty-pants to make it past PQ. :mrgreen:

Rock on Decatur!
GT Super Series
gwoodard41

Post by gwoodard41 »

Cynon ran the main qualifying race, see if your driver (or favorite) made it in or choked!

A little first turn mayhem ensued when Danny Savin and Robert Dorian eliminate each other as they exited the hotel. Despite neither driver appearing upset over the incident, Manticore Engineering did file a protest. Later on, Ethan Everett went wide on the exit of the Snake, chopped across the front of Mark Blackwell, and eliminated himself. Despite the insistance of studios everywhere to try and blame the wreck on Blackwell, it was so clearly Everett's own fault that no excuse could be found. The wreck was obviously caused by Ethan Everett's inexperience and Mark Blackwell being a dick.

Tutino did not roll the dice on pit strategy as they did in pre-qualifying, but their pit crew did a good enough job to see them through... and for the first time ever, a Tutino will start a special event, courtesy of Treven Terrell's efforts. The team was celebrating as if they had won the race.

Other longshots that qualified for the race include both Blackstorm Motorsports cars, Tommi Arjanien, Ben Hurran, Alessandro Rossini, and Chuck Bloomers.

F S # DRIVER INTERVAL LAPS LED BURGERS STATUS
1 5 4 L Roderick 129.110 12 6* 185 Running
2 4 64 C Johaanes -0.87 12 1 175 Running
3 2 98 A Laporta -5.02 12 5 170 Running
4 1 74 M Clevenot -R- -5.42 12 0 160 Running
5 3 8 Y Nosova -8.73 12 0 155 Running
6 10 22 D Roswell -10.96 12 0 150 Running
7 6 999 M Leonard -11.34 12 0 146 Running
8 8 99 L Jensen -11.63 12 0 142 Running
9 9 88 S Bates -14.10 12 0 138 Running
10 7 85 L Vladimirovich -14.29 12 0 134 Running
11 23 66 T Arjanien -16.44 12 0 130 Running