RTCC - A New Touring Car Series!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: RTCC - A New Touring Car Series!!!

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Race 2 -Qualifying

ROBBIE THORNE!!!! ON POLE!!!! Team Ultimate didn't get the times they were hoping for today, with the track temp being slightly cooler than yesterday. Rick Tyryn must be thrilled to take 2nd spot on the grid, but at the back it's still all Volvos. Aurelien Moll put in a stunning performance to get the Peugeot in 5th place. With the Audi's in contention, the Hondas looking fast, Thorne on Pole, Nissan looking good and Team UIltimate not too far back, who knows what will happen in the race?
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 16 May 2012, 19:48, edited 2 times in total.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Kieran Sutherland wrote:...SIDEKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK?
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Niko Nurminen wrote:We definitely need to improve our qualifying performance. We can't expect miracles like last race to happen always, and again both of our cars are at the back, with Nurmovitsch only being faster than the hapless Taiwan Motorsport car.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Someone at TGWORY wrote:Damn and blast! Why is this Swedish shitbox so slow in quali trim? Methinks there's gonna be a lot of heads banging against walls if this isn't sorted out.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Someone at TGWORY wrote:Damn and blast! Why is this Swedish shitbox so slow in quali trim? Methinks there's gonna be a lot of heads banging against walls if this isn't sorted out.

Kieran Sutherland, while repeatedly slamming Catalin Gheorghiu's head against the wall wrote:There's "gonna be"? You mean you folks haven't started doing that already?

Catalin Gheorghiu wrote:Dop de baie...

-

Zakspeed wrote:"Where the hell did Volvo assemble their cars? At the IKEA plant? Because there seems to be a missing part, which makes the cars slow."

Catalin Gheorghiu wrote:Don't look at m-- OW.
Last edited by Pamphlet on 16 May 2012, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Zakspeed wrote:"Where the hell did Volvo assemble their cars? At the IKEA plant? Because there seems to be a missing part, which makes the cars slow."
MIA SAN MIA!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Silverstone, England - RTCC Round 1, Race 2 *And no, Jean does not exist*

Hello and welcome once again to ITV4's coverage of the RTCC. I'm Edward Bens, and today and for the rest of the season I'll be joined by Jean Menu, brother of BTCC title winner Alain Menu and DTM title winner . So, Jean, what's on the menu today?

Menu: You taking the piss out of my name?

Bens: No, no, Jean, it was just a question. So, who do you think will come out on top?

Menu: It's impossible to tell really Edward. John Thorne lead some of Race 1 so we can't rule him out, and MNR have yet to show us their true pace. Ben Fleet in the Vauxhall Vectra could be a contender as it seems the Vauxhall is fast, and we all know about Team Ultimate's pace. It'll be an exciting race though

Bens: Indeed. As the cars leave the grid for their formation lap, I can't help but notice that the latter half of the grid is all Volvos. Volovo were one of the most popular manufacturers, and yet it seems the car is terribly slow in qualifying. If you were driving a Volvo, Jean, what would you be thinking?

Menu: Why the bathplug did I sign a deal with them in the first place. The cars awful.

Bens: err, yes, Jean..... Anyway, Volvo has announced theat they will be looking into the uncompetitiveness and will try to bring an improved version of the S40 to Round 2 at Donnington.

Menu: And then maybe the drivers will be able to haul the bloody thing of the back of the bathplugging grid.

Bens: *silence*

Menu: What? What did I say?

Bens: *Sighs* Anyway, Thorne has lined his Nissan onto pole position. The cars are filtering onto the griod now, row by row, there's the Taiwan Motorsport car on the back of the grid, that's the signal to start. 1 Red Light, 2 Red Lights, 3 Red Lights, 4 Red Lights, 5 Red Lights......AND IT'S GO! GO! GO!

Menu: Good start from Thorne!

Bens: Good start by the Mondeos as they race down to the first corner, Thorne has an advantage over Tyryn as the sweep into Copse.....and OOH!! McFRY! SPINS! The American loses it at the first corner, again! He manages to keep it running though...

Menu: Great start from Giovanardi! He's hustling Cave Johnson through Becketts!

Bens: And Catalin Geroghiu brings up the rear of the field as they accelerate down th hangar straight. McGatley's all over the back of Radcliffe for tenth position, and he makes a move into Stowe!

Menu: Thorne still leads though Ed... Tyryn's dropped back a little, Prost looks ready to pounce in third, and Giovanardi's hustling Johnson...

Bens: Poor start from Kickert, he's back down in the second hal;f of the field...

Menu: Yes, the Vauxhall is much faster than tht and Kickert now has the challenge of fighting...

Bens: OOOOH!!! CONTACT! IT'S....JOHN ZIMMER! JUST COMING OUT OF ABBEY! HE'S JSUT TOUCHED BARTELS, THEY BOTH KEEP GOING! AS the rest of the field sweep through bridge, CONTACT! TWO CARS OFF INTO THE GRAVEL! WHO'S THAT? IT'S.... NURMOVITSCH...AND NURMESTER! BOTH NURMINENS OFF! INTO THE GRAVEL!

Menu: Looks like Nurmester just tapped Nurmovitsch and off they went...

Bens: They both get going though, albeitstone last. And the leaders cross the line, Thorne leads from Tyryn and Prost, Johnson in fourth, Giovanardi in 5th from Fleet and Collard, and Aurelein Moll..

Menu: McGatley just dived down the inside of Lutz into Copse there Ed. A good move from the Scotchman.

Bens: Prost gets past Tyryn there, into Maggots, but Tyryn's not giving up! Side by side now on the run up to Club, and Tyryn's through! And Giovanardi follows him through! The Italian's up to fourth!

Menu: Good driving there. Prost left the door open for him and he took the oppurtunity. And Johnson follows Giovanardi through, Prost....

Bens: AND FLEET!!! Ben Fleet, past Michael Prost!

Menu: Unlucky for the French German, with the field this tight atthe front small mistakes are likely to happen that can lead to you losing 1, 2, 3 even 4 or 5 places in the space of a lap.

Bens: Lap 6 now, and Thorne leads from Giovanrdi, who's beginning to close the gap, Tyryn, Fleet, Johnson, Collard, Prost, Moll, McGatley, Lutz, Hywel Jones, John Zimmer, Rafael Modena, Garry Jones, and Michael Bartels...

Menu: Cars off!

Bens: IT'S LUTZ! AND HE TOUCHES HYWEL JONES! OOOH! That's ruinined both of their races, they're able to continue, but at the back of the field!!

Menu: Lutz just taking to much speed into Becketts, got on the kerbs, which sent him across the track...

Menu: And a hue fo for Jenkins! The Laguna just getting away from him at Abbey, and he's gone right off through the gravel and is now last!

Bens: As things stand,... and GIOVANARDI! THE ITALIAN DIVING DOWN THE INSIDE OF THORNE ON THE EXIT OF LUFFIELD! Side by side......AND GIOVANARDI LEADS! MNR IN THE LEAD! WHO'D HAVE PREDICTED THIS?

Menu: Thorne jsut took too much kerb on the exit of Luffield, which slowed him down and allowed Giovanardi to posiitoon the Nissan....

Bens: Now Fleet is all over the back of Thorne, and Tyryn and Johnson closing to! Into Club, Fleet takes a look, switches sides, and DOWN THE OUTSIDE!!!! FLEET.... ACCELERATING...TAKES SECOND POSITION! What a move!

Menu: That Vauxhall is looking good Ed

Bens: Lap 12 now... ANd Fleet is closing on Giovanardi out of Copse, pulls out... SIDE BY SIDE!! STILL TOGETHER, JOHNSON CLOSES, BUT GIOVANARDI HOLDS IT TOGETHER!

Bens: Lap 13, and Giovanardi leads....JOHNSON GETS PAST TYRYN FOR 3RD POSITION! Thorne and Tyryn side by side now, into Maggots.. CONTACT!!! CONTACT!1 THORNE AND TYRYN SPIN THROUGH 360 DEGREES!! WOAH! MANAGE TO KEEP GOING IN 7TH AND 11TH PALCE!

Menu: A racing incident Ed, Tyryn didn't anticipate for Thorne to be there and they ended up tangling....

Bens: And Fabrizio Giovanardi wins RAace 2 for MNR! WJohnson is second, Fleet third, Prost a bit back in fourth, Collard, McGatley, 9 seconds bacvk, Tyryn, Thorne, Moll, Anderson, Modena, Burns, Zimmer, Garry Jones, Hywel Jones, and Richie White just a bumper's length away from a point! What a race Jean!

Menu: Thrilling Ed. Well done to Giovanardi, a cool and calculated race, and what a drive forom Garry Jones in the Privateer Sweetcorn Nissan!

Bens: A superb drive from him. Here's the Results...:

Here's a few screenshots from the race:

And we'll be back with a full weekend analysis and the championship standings after the break.

*Kwik-Fit sponsors the Rejects Touring Car Championship on ITV 4.....
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Before I post the drivers' reactions, I have to ask - how do you "spectate" an AI race anyway?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Paul Jenkins wrote:God this car is shite.

Percival Carrington-Smythe wrote:Indubitably so. This pitiful excuse for a racing car is, as you say, shite.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Niko Nurminen wrote:Saatanan tunarit.

Nathan Nurmester wrote:Excuse me, sir, but what on earth does that mean?

Niko Nurminen wrote:It means in Finnish that both of you just threw away the whole race by driving like idiots and colliding with each other. That's if I put it politely, a literal translation would make your ears blush.

Nikolai Nurmovitsch wrote:Nathan collide with me. It not my fault. Nathan stupid.

Niko Nurminen wrote:That's okay Nikolai, it wasn't your fault for the most part. But please, stop this before it even starts.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Pamphlet wrote:Before I post the drivers' reactions, I have to ask - how do you "spectate" an AI race anyway?

I added another car for myself, started from the back of the grid, and on the formation lap drove it into the garage and left it there, and wqtched the AI race.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Martin McFry wrote:At the starts, I must remember that I am no longer in a time machine - I get distracted as soon as I hit 88 mph, I keep thinking I'm going to travel through time and get confused when I don't. :oops: At least Ben Fleet is getting results for the TARTs.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Code: Select all

Championship Standings after 1 Round/ 2 Races

Cave Johnson          Team Ultimate         40pts   
Micheal Prost          Team Ultimate         39pts
Ben Fleet                T.A.R.T.           32pts   
Fabrizio Giovanardi     MNR                     25pts
Rob Collard                  Team Ultimate      21pts
Robbie Thorne            Prism                    20pts
Rory McGatley            RMcG                    16pts
Hywel Jones                Wales                    15pts
Rck Tyryn                   RMcG                    14pts
John Zimmer              Kickert                  13pts
Jody Radcliffe            Phoenix                 10pts
Thomas De Bock         ECB                        7pts
Aurelien Moll              ECB                        7pts
Robert Anderson         Wales                     6pts
Rafael Modena            Phoenix                  5pts
Martin McFry               T.A.R.T.                 4pts
Mike Burns                  Prism                     3pts
Nathan Nurmester       Nurminen             3pts
Garry Jones                Sweetcorn              2pts
Nikolai Nurmovitsch    Nurminen              2pts
Rickard Rydell            MNR                          1pt

Teams Championship
Team Ultimate      Constructor       100pts
T.A.R.T.                Independant       36pts
MNR                      Manufacturer      26pts
Prism                    Constructor         23pts
Team Wales          Independant        21pts
Phoenix Audi         Manufacturer      15pts
ECB                       Constructor        14pts
Kickert                  Independant       13pts
Nurminen              Independant         5pts
Sweetcorn             Independant         2pts

Manufacturers Championship
Ford           Mondeo        45pts
Nissan        Primera        36pts
Vauxhall     Vectra         32pts
BMW          320              21pts
Audi           A4               15pts
Peugeot     406              14pts
Holden       Vectra          13pts
Volvo         S40                3pts

Bens: An exciting weekend then, Jean. Wondeful victories from Michael Prost and Fabrizio Giovanardi. The Fords have looked competitive all season, haven't they Jean?

Menu: Yes, Ed. The car has been set up perfectly by the Team Ultimate mechanics. Although they dropped back a bit in the second race, I think this was due to lower track temperatures than expected.

Bens: As a consequence of that, Jean, Ford lead the Manufacturers championship with 45 points. Team Ultimate currently leads the Teams championship with a 100 points, with a 64 point gap back to T.A.R.T. in 2nd place. Could we witness a Team Ultimate masterclass this season?

Menu: Altohugh Prost, Collard and Johnson all look confident it is a long season Ed and many things can happen. The Nissans seem to be on the pace as well, with RobbieThorne running at the front during both races and Giovanardi taking a win in Race 2.

Bens: Indeed Jean. I have just received news that series founder, Hermann Mann deemed the race to be highly pleasing.

Menu: And so it was. Tell me Ed, is this Hermann you speak of related to Douglas Mann?

Bens: Err.....no. One's Manx and the other's German..... It's been an exicitng start to the season hasn't it Jean?

Menu: Yes, a great start to the season.

Bens: Let's hope the season stays this exciting. We will not be on ITV 4 next week, there is a new channel dedicated to motorsports on the ITV, ITV PMMT. We hope you enjoyed the weekend, and that you will watch Round 2 at Donnington Park in a week's time .And with that, goodbye, from me Edward Bens and Jean Menu....

The next race might be at the weekend, if I have time :lol ! Feel free to post any sort of scandulous rumours on the series !
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Herwart Kreiner wrote:I am extremely disappointed with these results. If the drivers do not manage meaningful results by the end of the season, they will be sacked summarily.
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Kieran Sutherland wrote:For the record, any and all rumors surrounding me, Catalin or the team are 100% false.

Catalin Gheorghiu wrote:Even the rumors that you're currently repeatedly slamming my head against the wall?

Kieran Sutherland, while repeatedly slamming his teammate's head against the wall wrote:Even those.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

A spokesman for WMRA, organization behind Team Wales, wrote:We need to go better by next race. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Phoenix wrote:
Herwart Kreiner wrote:I am extremely disappointed with these results. If the drivers do not manage meaningful results by the end of the season, they will be sacked summarily.

If not for a retirement and an accident which was laregely his fault, Theo Lutz would have finished 3rd and 10th. He would have 26 points and be 4th in the Driver's Championship. Audi Team Phoenix would have 41 points and be second in the teams championship
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

so, this may sound foolish, but what exactly can I spend my prize money on, attempting to shed weight?
Message me on Discord.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Shadaza wrote:so, this may sound foolish, but what exactly can I spend my prize money on, attempting to shed weight?

After a change in the regulations, you will be given an oppurtunity tp purchase things/upgrade things at the half-way point in the season (After Round 8 at the Norisring). Credits will be tallied up then and I will announce fully what you can buy etc. I hope that's okay
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Shadaza wrote:so, this may sound foolish, but what exactly can I spend my prize money on, attempting to shed weight?

After a change in the regulations, you will be given an oppurtunity tp purchase things/upgrade things at the half-way point in the season (After Round 8 at the Norisring). Credits will be tallied up then and I will announce fully what you can buy etc. I hope that's okay

Okay, understood. Lets just hope on the team to carry on racking up the points then :D.
Message me on Discord.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Shadaza wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Okay, understood. Lets just hope on the team to carry on racking up the points then :D.

Team Ultimate have a quite commanding lead in the Team's Championship. (100pts) to 36pts I'm in the process of adding the race results to the wiki page (http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/1998_Rejects_Touring_Car_Championship_season%20) and if anyone would be willing to help me out that'd be great :D
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

If not for a retirement and an accident which was laregely his fault, Theo Lutz would have finished 3rd and 10th. He would have 26 points and be 4th in the Driver's Championship. Audi Team Phoenix would have 41 points and be second in the teams championship

All three drivers are on probation all season, not only Lutz.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Phoenix wrote:
All three drivers are on probation all season, not only Lutz.

I know, Lutz was the only one of them who deserved better. :)
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Rory McGately's Scottish Translator wrote:Our team is clearly one of the best teams out there.I mean,a front row start and some high points finishes?Brilliant for us.Let's hope us Scots and Welsh can rule Donington!

Is it just me or is RMcG not on the teams points standings?
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

When's the next race?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Nuppiz wrote:When's the next race?

Soon :) I have been busy with gettting alternative 1979 off the ground, don't worry, I have not forgotten about the RTCC :P
Davidellias

Post by Davidellias »

Any room for 1 more? D:
This wrote: So they're actually time-travellers?
Jocke1 wrote: Deletraz yes. Lavaggi no.
Salamander wrote:So that's what Deletraz was doing!
Jocke1 wrote:He was trying to reach 88 miles per hour.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Davidellias wrote:Any room for 1 more? D:

Sorry Davidellias, there grid is full. On that note.. news!

Autosport wrote:Volvo tune RTCC S40s
Volvo have been hard at work over the two week breakwhich wasn't intentional-sorry tuning and tinkering with the S40 used by many teams in the RTCC. Volvo squads have been complaining about a lack of pace and clunky stewering since the first wheel was turned in anger. Earlier this week, a Volvo spokesperson announced: " We have been trying to reduce the performance gap between our cars and the cars of the other manufacturers. I am pleased to announce to all of our teams that we have succeeding in sheeding weight from our finely-built Swedish machine, and that all our teams hould be more on the pace for the Donnington round. We here at Volvo apologise for the uncompetitiveness, it appears several mechanics were too busy making cars for architecs than trying to make the Volvo go fast round our test track. We hope all that most of the problems have been rectified"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Paul Jenkins wrote:Hey! Renault! Wake the hell up and fix this car, it's bathplugging abysmal!
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

ROUND 2- DONINGTON, GB

RACE 1-QUALIFYING

Where did that come from? Genuine shock round the paddock as Prism Motorsports lock out the front row for Race 1, Mike Burns setting exactly the same time to grab pole ahead of his team mate Thorne. Radcliffe lines his Audi up in 3rd, with Cleland 4th for MNR. Kickert gets the Vauxhall working again to take 5th, while Garry Jones pulled off another shock to take 6th in the Sweetcorn Nissan! Team Ultimate were practically nowhere, Prost lining up 15th, Collard 22nd and Johnson a lowly 26th. Both the Ford and the BMW look like they're just not working round this Donington track. Paul Jenkins managed to haul a better-looking Renault to 11th place on the grid. At the back, the Honda also looks slower, TGWORY were the slowest of the rejuvinated Volvo squads while the ECBs take the last two positions on the grid.

RACE 1

Bens: Hello and welcome to ITV PMMT for today's coverage of round 2 of the RTCC, Donington. Once again, I am joined by Jean Menu for today's race 1. So Jean, what did you think of qualifying?

Menu: Well, Volvo really did do a good job on improving the car, and the teams are happy with the feel of the car. Remind me Ed, what does ITV PMMT stand for?

Bens: Pardon?

Menu: ITV PMMT. What does it mean?

Bens: ITV Precision Mechanics and Motorsport Television

Menu:........right.

Bens: Well I didn't name it.

Menu: Hmmnn, it's bathplugging shi-

Bens: And the field are nearing the end of the formation lap, Jean.You've been on pole 15 times in your career, Jean, but what's it like for the first time?

Menu: Nerve-racking. You don't want to make a mistake.

Bens: And a mistake is what Mike Burns will not want to make. Thorne has already been on pole, but was unable to convert it into a win. Will he be able to win today?

Menu: If he doesn't cock it up.

Bens: *silence*....... and de Bock lines his Peugeot up at the back. The man waves his green flag, and that's the signal to start. One red light, Two red lights, Three red lights, Four red lights, Five red lights.....AND IT'S GO, GO, GO!!! Burns leads off the line from Thorne, and a great start from Kickert!

Menu: Yes, he's up to third as the fiedl gos into the first corner, Bartels up to eigth, and Jenkins moved up a few places as well

Bens: THORNE LOOKS AROUND THE OUTSIDE, thorugh the Craner curves.. the field still squabbling behind.

Menu: A good start from Burns there Ed allowed him to cover from Thorne, he moved across at the start, and Kickert challenging Thorne meant that Robbie couldn't move across to the inside.

Bens: Into Mclean's now, KICKERT THROUGH! Kickert gets past Thorne into second, and CLENAND THROUGH! Up into 3rd!

Menu: Thorne just left too much space on the inside, and he paid for that badly, losing two positions.

Bens: Burns leads under the Dunlop bridge, from Kickert and Cleland...

Menu: He's got a good 1 second lead now Burns, as Jones in the Sweetcorn NIssan is up to sixth!. A good start there fro-

Bens: COLLISION! IT'S DE BOCK! And it looks like his team mate moved over on him!

Manu: Correct Ed, Aurelien didn't know he was there and moved over, a slight tap on the left front of the number 25 car , and de Bock spins round. A poor weekend for ECB.

----------
Lap 4

Bens: Lap 4 now, and Burns leads from Kickert, Bartels, and Jones... AND JONES, DOWN THE INSIDE! Past Bartels, and up into third now!

Menu: He's really bonded with his Nissan today Ed, and I thi-

Bens: SIDE BY SIDE THROUGH THE CRANER CURVES! AND....JONES INTO SECOND!

Menu: As I was about to say, he got better traction out of tun 1 than Kickert, and it was easy for him to go side by side with the Vauxhall, and when he was there, he stayed confident, and manged to come out in front.

Bens: Into the Esses, and Jones is right on the back of Burns!

Menu: He's done well to close the gap!

Bens: Down to the Melbourne hairpin.... Jones pulls out... AND DIVES DOWN THE INSIDE! Can he keep it together? HE CAN! GARRY JONES IN THE LEAD!

Menu: A good move there Ed, Burns tries to get ast into the final corner, but Jones covers.

-----
Lap 5

Bens: Kickert's dropped back a bit from the leading trio of Jones, Burns, and Bartels..... Burns right on the bcak of Jones under the Dunlop bridge, with Bartels stuck to his bumper, Burns looks down the inside, AND GOES THROUGH! Rides the kerbs, clean move, and Burns leads again!

Menu: Jones needs to watch out for Bartels, he's left the door open, and Bartels capitalises , down the inside intot he Hairpin, and Bartels is up to second

Bens: From 1st to third in a few corners, but the top three are still extremely close!

-------
Lap 6

Bens: Burns still leads from Bartels, Jones has dropped back a bit, with Jody Radcliffe poised to move into third through the Craner Curves, and he does!

Menu: The Audi is really coming to him now Ed.

Bens: Bartels closes through McLean's.... and LAUNCHES AN OPPURTUNISTIC MOVE! TO TAKE THE LEAD!

Bens: Into the last corner now... and RADCLIFFE...DOWN THE INSIDE OF BURNS.... AND HE GOES THROUGH! UP TO SECOND NOW! And immeadiately goes after Bartels!

Menu: And Jones there, just follows him through, Burns down to fourth now.

-----
Lap 9

Bens: RADCLIFFE LEADS!

Menu: A ggod move down the inside into turn one there, Ed, but Bartels is still on him!

Bens; Bartels, on Radcliffe's bumper still, through the Craner Curves, closes... has a look... RADCLIFFE SHUTS THE DOOR!

Menu: He's still there though, Ed

Bens: And TAKES THE LEAD! THROUGH COPPICE!

Menu: Bartels just took his time there Ed, and he profited by taking the lead. That Volvo looks impressive now! I don't know what they did to it, but it's sure worked!

------

ooops, accidentally posted this incomplete - hold on for part 2!
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 02 Jun 2012, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Lap 12

Bens: BURNS! OFF! OOOOOHHHH!

Menu: He's kept it runing though....but he's down to 8th now!

*REPLAY*

Bens: Now.. what happened.... into the first corner... aah, just outbraked himself from 5th position...

-------
Lap 13

Bens: Garry Jones got past Radcliffe earlier in the lap.... Now he's up behind Bartels into the Esses, a long way back.... BUT LAUNCHES A MOVE, AND GOES INTO THE LEAD! He took Bartels by surprise, and with a bit of barging leads the race!

Menu: Another good move from Jones there... We look at Thorne now, who's just got past Nurmester for 4th position...

Bens: And now, a short break

*Kwik-fit sponsors the RTCC on ITV PMMT*
------
Lap 17

Bens: As we cross the line, Bartels leads, who got past on Lap 16, from Garry Jones, Jody Radcliffe, Uwe Alzen in 5th, Nathan Nurmester, Catalin Gheroghiu, Klaus Ludwig, Mike Burns and Paul Jenkins in tenth....

Menu: Into Coppice now, Ed, and JOnes lines up a move... round the OUTSIDE!

Bens: UNBELEIVABLE! GARRY JONES LEADS! AND PULLS AWAY!!!!

------
Lap 23

Bens: Jones leads by 3 seconds now, from Bartels and Alzen across the line. And here's Collard, up to eigth place now, a strong race for him

Menu: He's just kept out of trouble, Ed. There's been a few spinners through the Craner Curves, and the leaders and the midfield have been incredably close, and he's managed to gradually pick up positions.

------
Lap 25

Menu:....and Jones has drove a fantastic race today Ed

Bens: Yes, hes comes round the Hairpin a second ahead of Bartels, he looks set to take his first victory... unfancied and written off, he showed his talent by getting a point from the back during Silverstone Race 2, and Garry Jones crosses the line to win Race 1 for Sweecorn Motorsports... Bartels a close secpond, in what's been a thrilling race Jean!

Menu: Yes Ed, as Nurmester finishes fourth, the Sweetcorn Motorsports team are running wild in the pit lane! They're tossing tins of Sweetcorn in the air!

Bens: *laughs* Exubarent scenes all down the pit lane, as Zakspeed celebrate a triple points finish! Collard finishes 7th, a consolation prize for Team Ultimate, with Prost in 26th and Johnso in 30th! What went wrong today Jean?

Menu: It looks like the Ford isn't suited to this Donington track... it's looked twitchy, and a spin from Johnson while running 15th didn't help

Bens: Although Johnson and Prost fail to score, they still lead the Driver's championship, and Robbie Thorne is now equal third with Ben Fleet on 32 points.

Driver's Championship
1:Cave Johnson - 40pts
2: Michael Prost - 39pts
3: Robbie Thorne - 32pts
= Ben Fleet - 32pts
5: Rob Collard - 30pts
6: Garry Jones - 27pts
7: Fabrizio Giovanardi - 25pts
8: Michael Bartels - 20pts
9: Jody Radcliffe - 18pts
10: Nathan Nurmester - 17pts
11: Uwe Alzen - 16pts
= Rory McGatley - 16pts
13: Hywel Jones - 15pts
14: Rck Tyryn - 14pts
15: John Zimmer - 13pts
16: Catalin Gheorghiu - 10pts
17: Klaus Ludwig - 7pts
= Rickard Rydell - 7pts
= Aurelienn Moll - 7pts
= Thomas De Bock - 7pts
21: Nickolai Nurmovitsch - 6pts
= Robert Anderson - 6pts
22: Paul Jenkins - 5pts
= Rafael Modena - 5pts
24: Martin McFry - 4pts
25: Percival Carrington-Smythe - 3pts
= Mike Burns - 3pts
27: Keiran Sutherland - 2pts
28: John Cleland - 1pt

Teams Championship
1: Team Ultimate - 109pts
2: Zakspeed - 43pts
3: TART - 36pts
4: Prism -35pts
5: MNR - 33pts
6: McGatley - 30pts
7: Sweetcorn - 27pts
8: Phoenix - 23pts
= Nurminen - 23pts
10: Wales - 21pts
11: ECB - 14pts
12: Kickert - 13pts
13: Astral - 12pts
14: Renault - 7pts

Manufacturer's Cup
1: Nissan (Primera) - 66pts
2: Ford (Mondeo) - 45pts
3: Vauxhall (Vectra) - 32pts
4: BMW (320) - 30pts
5: Audi (A4) - 23pts
= Volvo (S40) - 23pts
7: Peugoet (406) - 14pts
8: Holden (Vectra) - 13pts
9: Renault (Laguna) - 5pts
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 03 Jun 2012, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Paul Jenkins wrote:I scored some points? How the hell does that even happen? Oh, er, I mean, great job by Renault to make this car not shite.

Percival Carrington-Smythe wrote:I dare say that this Renault is actually somewhat competitive. A pleasant surprise after the first couple of dreary races. Hopefully this upswing can continue and me can score some more points forthwith. Pip pip, cheerio!
Everything's great.
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

Kieran Sutherland wrote:The sidekick defies me once more...
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Foul Play! Foul Play is to blame for Team Ultimate's slow Fords, there is no other way.

Collard drove an excellent race to drag the BMW up, hopefully the Fords being slow will not be a regular occurrence and hopefully just a one off, it is for situations as this we entered the BMW in the first place!
Message me on Discord.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

More championships!

Kwik-Fit Independant's Cup
1: Ben Fleet - 32pts
2: Garry Jones - 27pts
3: Michael Bartels - 20pts
4: Nathan Nurmester - 17pts
5: Uwe Alzen - 16pts
= Rory McGatley - 16pts
6: Hywel Jones - 15pts
7: Rck Tyryn - 14pts
8: John Zimmer - 13pts
9: Catalin Gheorghiu - 10pts
10: Klaus Ludwig - 7pts
11: Nickolai Nurmovitsch - 6pts
= Robert Anderson - 6pts
13: Martin McFry - 4pts
14: Keiran Sutherland - 2pts

Daily Star Independant's Championship
1: Zakspeed - 43pts
2: TART - 36pts
3: Prism -35pts
4: McGatley - 30pts
5: Sweetcorn - 27pts
= Nurminen - 23pts
7: Wales - 21pts
8: ECB - 14pts
9: Kickert - 13pts
10: Astral - 12pts

Shadaza wrote:Foul Play! Foul Play is to blame for Team Ultimate's slow Fords, there is no other way.

Collard drove an excellent race to drag the BMW up, hopefully the Fords being slow will not be a regular occurrence and hopefully just a one off, it is for situations as this we entered the BMW in the first place!

The Fords were working their way through the field, and were in the points positions, but Johnson span of his own accord and Prost was caught up in Mike Burn's spin. Unfortunate, really
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ben Fleet wrote:Not such a good race for my championship hopes, but at least I am still leading the Independants Cup...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Niko Nurminen wrote:It was a good race for us, the Volvos are now certainly much better than in the last race. Great drive from Nathan to finish 4th, and Nikolai didn't fare bad either, he gained a lot of places after that not-so-good qualifying, and most importantly was on points as well.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Muddly Talker's Interview with Donington Race 1 winner Garry Jones

MT: "I'm down here with Garry Jones, race winner. How does it feel to win your first race in the RTCC?"

GJ: "Aw, it's sweet as bro, haven't won anything before except for the meat raffle at the NZTCC presentation"

MT: "So it's your first time racing here at Donington, how have you learn't the track so quickly?"

GJ: "It's my favourite track on ToCA for the Playstation, I just overtook cars at the same place as I do on the game bro. I also reckon I gain driving skills by eating a sweet as Chiko Corn Jack when I go for fush and chups. You can't beat creamed corn cased in batter and then deep fried, it's as corny as it gets, eh bro."

MT: "Some teams are said to be protesting against your team for using corn-based ethanol, how much performance do you gain?"

GJ: "Nah bro, we only tested with corn petrol, but we had problems with it wrecking the fuel lines"

MT: "Alright, one final question. Can you stop calling me bro?"

GJ: "Aw, I suppose, no worries then cuz"
This is a cool spot.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Someone from TGOWRY wrote:Why didn't Volvo give our team an upgraded spec car? :evil: :evil:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l