Rejected from the word go?

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Monstrobolaxa

Rejected from the word go?

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

Well there's this american guy called Dan Pentacost who wants to build a F1 team and become the oldest F1 world champion!

Here is his website: http://force1usa.com/force1usa-f1-racing-budget/

Go through it and let me know what you think.

To be honest it looks likes the guy hasn't got a clue on what F1 is! Wants to start with 1 car (stage 1) then increase the budget for stage 2 which is either a second car or spare parts! Only by stage 4 comes the R&D bit!

He's publicising this idea on Linkedin in a few F1 groups and he's getting the shite beat out of him!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Rejected from the word go?

Post by Klon »

First off: for that Google Translate German, I - being a translator myself - really want to smack this guy.

Well, aside from that this could end up hilarious. I will throw a thousand of an eye on him and his efforts.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:To be honest it looks likes the guy hasn't got a clue on what F1 is!

I'm thinking so me too.
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

I daresay this James Allen doesn't know what he's talking about...since when does more of your budget get directed towards the people working than the car? And how does he figure to survive long enough to start the "R&D phase" without barely any spares or other car development? Overall, this would probably end up making Andrea Moda look like McLaren in terms of professionalism and being able to effectively run a team. Really, to me, it just looks like a Ponzi scheme disguised as a racing team.

Don Pentecost wrote:Personnel $29.6 Million USD
Car-Related $23.4 Million USD

How does one spend $29.6 million on personnel? The average F1 team nowadays only has around 150-200 people working for it. And the likelihood that this guy would hire a pay driver seems higher, so that would eliminate that salary. Unless this Pentecost guy's giving himself a multi-million dollar salary too? Any of you know how the salary structure of an F1 team works?
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I don't know about the whole system, but maybe Faustus can tell us about how much a race engineer can earn...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

Jnr Eng positions: £24000-26000/ year
Eng: £35000-50000/year
Snr Eng: £60000-120000/year
Mechanics/Technicians: £25000-36000/year
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

I did some figuring and if this team had 10 Jr. Engineers at a rate of $38,940/yr, 20 engineers at a rate of $70,092/yr, 4 senior engineers at a rate of $124,608/yr, 90 technicians/mechanics at a rate of $46,728/yr, 1 team principal at a rate of $250,000/yr, 1 technical director/ chief designer at a rate of $250,000/yr, and 30 other personnel(clerical staff etc.) at a rate of $40,000/yr the grand total of personnel costs minus drivers would be $8,195,192, which equals about 27.7 percent.

Granted my rough estimations for personnel numbers are probably off some, so feel free to adjust/revise as needed.

It still leaves the question of what the rest is for. Either that or this guy may have had some inflated salary figures as well.
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I cannot fathom a reason as to why this guy thinks that he and his 'team' will be allowed to race in F1....
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

pasta_maldonado wrote:I cannot fathom a reason as to why this guy thinks that he and his 'team' will be allowed to race in F1....

One simple phrase: He's American...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:I cannot fathom a reason as to why this guy thinks that he and his 'team' will be allowed to race in F1....

I think Zoran Stefanovic would be more likely to get an entry than that tosser. Clearly he has no idea what he's talking about and judging by the caliber of the "news" posted on the website he must think that we all have less brains than him(which he hasn't enough brains to pour into a teacup). Either that or he's more arrogant than 10 Fernando Alonso's.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I don't know why,but this seems about as legit as the "revived" A1GP website.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

tzerof1 wrote:

I think Zoran Stefanovic would be more likely to get an entry than that tosser. Clearly he has no idea what he's talking about and judging by the caliber of the "news" posted on the website he must think that we all have less brains than him(which he hasn't enough brains to pour into a teacup). Either that or he's more arrogant than 10 Fernando Alonso's.

Compared to this half-arsed effort, Schumacher's excuse for parking his car at the 2006 Monaco Gp seems credible :lol:
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

What a dumbass...the man's as thick as pigshite.

He wants other people to invest the money too...not even the most inbred of rednecks who shares one braincell with his 12 brothers and sisters (two of whom have borne his children) wouldn't put that money in.

Now, WE should enter a team. Faustus as team manager should be a given...who else wants a role?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:What a dumbass...the man's as thick as pigshite.

He wants other people to invest the money too...not even the most inbred of rednecks who shares one braincell with his 12 brothers and sisters (two of whom have borne his children) wouldn't put that money in.

Now, WE should enter a team. Faustus as team manager should be a given...who else wants a role?

I'll chuck myself in as PR manager :lol:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Alasdair Lindsay for Chief Executive Officer Image
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I'm not being a realist here but I did some quick maths and I found out that the budget is about 1.5 BILLION. Good christ I've heard of over-estimating but he puts it to a whole new level.

According to a news source Ferrari's 2011 budget was around 199 million Euros, which translates to around $250 million US Dollars. Guess who the investors are going to put their money on?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

The funniest bit I've found is that he has about 30-odd followers on Twitter. About 27-28 of them are himself...

He said at one point 'I can win the world championship. Anyone that disagrees doesn't know me' (or words to that effect)...this guy's taken far too much DMT, he's mixed up the visions from hallucinogenics with reality.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

Seems like a bussinessman trying to cash in with a gimmick of a free-spirit independent team. It may be an idea to make a buck with the whole "racing in F1 thing being an afterthought" but i thought the ruthless enforcer and savior of F1 demanded you give him all your money and worldly possesions and your soul and your firstborn before he gave you a shot specifically to discourage this type of chicanery. And also, the nineties came and went a while ago, you just dont do this thing anymore.

Getting some publicity for yourself off F1 comes of wrong. I'd like to introduce him to some Canadian students.
Leyton House wrote:Sauber - found out painting your car like an HRT will make it go like one.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Is he trying to be the second Andrea Sassetti? :lol:

kostas22 wrote:Alasdair Lindsay for Chief Executive Officer Image

And then arrange sponsorship with Italian sponsors :lol:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I for my part apply as Executive Vice President Of Talent Relations. :lol:
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

My favourite part of that website was the news section, filled with spurious articles whose sole purpose was to combine a random female celebrity's name with the phrase "F1 Racing", complete with links to relevant Facebook pages on the same subject. I wonder who could possibly have created those? :lol:
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Scuderia Alitalia look more professional than these numpties Image
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

kostas22 wrote:Andrea Moda look more professional than these numpties Image

Fixed
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

That site:

The news section, yeah, throwing in names of random female celebrities and adding "might race in F1" after them. And then promoting some "Alternative Energy Solution" that looks so much like scam that Charles Ponzi would look like a saint compared to that. Not to mention having dozens of Twitter accounts, looks really professional, eh?

And why the Norwegian translation? Last time I checked not a lot of Norwegians were interested in F1...
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I love this quotation from level 6:

It is not a real business and it is not a real job.

That sure sells it to me! :roll:

And how does he hope to get a Superlicence? I can imagine him (whoever he is!) to be even more rejectful than Yuji Ide. And USF1 had more chance than this guy does.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

That site gave me a laugh :lol:

I didn't know Paris Hilton had a Superlicense either :roll:
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

56-year-old driver, probably with no racing experience whatsoever. This can only go well :lol:
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Pointrox wrote:56-year-old driver, probably with no racing experience whatsoever. This can only go well :lol:

F1 equivalent of Christophe Hurni or Plamen Kralev :lol:
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Pointrox wrote:56-year-old driver, probably with no racing experience whatsoever. This can only go well :lol:

Not immediately thinking of Chanoch Nissany shows you are new to the world of rejects. :| :P
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Klon wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Not immediately thinking of Chanoch Nissany shows you are new to the world of rejects. :| :P

Chanoch Nissany is far worse than Hurni or Kralev.... :)
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Chanoch Nissany is a hero. Just like Hurni or Kralev.... :)

Fixed in the traditional sense of F1Rejects.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

AdrianSutil wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Chanoch Nissany is a hero. Just like Hurni or Kralev.... :)

Fixed in the traditional sense of F1Rejects.

I agree
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

If I wanted to start my own Formula 1 team, the easiest way to do it would be to buy one of Lola's assets - the plans for their 2010 car, which they were actually developing and updating round-the-clock so that they would have a competitive car for 2014.

Then I'd do a deal with PURE. Yes, it means working with Craig Pollock, but ScarbsF1's article on the PURE engine makes it look pretty good.

Once I've got my engine and chassis, I would find a racing team to run it, preferably one with adequate facilities, or the ability to expand out to include adequate facilities. I'd probably look at Prema Powerteam, Rebellion Racing, Fortec Motorsports, Racing Engineering or Tech-1 Racing.

Then I'd have to find some sponsors. I'd probably go for companies like bwin.party or Visa; failing that, I'd approach the Weyland-Yutani corporation, because they have a long-standing history of making bizarre investments in the name of profit, and should be easily swayed. If at all possible, I would try and get manufacturer backing as well. Hyundai, maybe.

Finally, I'd need drivers. Experience always helps, so Jaime Alguersuari would be my first port of call. And since I like what I see in Kevin Korjus, he'd be my second driver. I'd probably take Tio Ellinas and Robert Visoiu as test and reserve drivers.

There. In ten minutes, I have created a better business plan than Pentacost.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I'd probably have a go at purchasing Toyota's 2010 cars, if they're available.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

AdrianSutil wrote:I'd probably have a go at purchasing Toyota's 2010 cars, if they're available.

Considering the Toyota TF110 was built around the Double Diffuser modifying it to the current regulations would probably be too troublesome.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

eurobrun wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:I'd probably have a go at purchasing Toyota's 2010 cars, if they're available.

Considering the Toyota TF110 was built around the Double Diffuser modifying it to the current regulations would probably be too troublesome.

Well the back end would have to be changed a little to accommodate the Cosworth engine I'd plan to use so no problem there. I'd use the Cosworth engine as Bernie likes new teams using that.

I'd make sure I'd team up with an existing but financially struggling team from LMP Racing. Epsilon Esukadi maybe. Last I heard the team were in real financial trouble so I'd purchase the team and use them, along with some ex-Toyota employees to run the cars.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

The more I read this, the more I think it might be a scam. Just read this:
I do have (what I consider) collateral, but even this will take speculation and an investor with vision.

The collateral is my invention for a Global Alternative Energy Solution. If it dominates the entire transportation and energy market as I project, there will be no need for Middle East oil.

My invention translates to a (projected) return on investment of over $100 Billion, possibly the first return on investment of one $Trillion

There have been several instances over the uears where people claim to have invented free energy devices - devices that use perpetual motion or zero-point energy and so on (all of which are considered impossible under the laws of physics) - and tried to get investors involved. If Pentacost has a "Global Alternative Energy Solution", why hasn't it been introduced? If his projections of total market dominance are so accurate, why does he need investors for a Formula 1 team?
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Anybody who gives him enough money to run a team is possibly the biggest idiot in the history of......well,ever.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

Well the back end would have to be changed a little to accommodate the Cosworth engine I'd plan to use so no problem there. I'd use the Cosworth engine as Bernie likes new teams using that.

You've missed the point entirely. The Double Deck Diffuser is an integral part of the car and removing it would require an entire redesign of the rear end which, given the cost and the potential adverse effect on handling, is far more trouble than it's worth.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Verde

Post by Verde »

Scheduled an interview with him. Looking forward to seeing what exactly does this crazy old guy want.
http://www.bandeiraverde.com.br

The reject (and non-reject) side of motorsport. In Portuguese.