Rejected from the word go?

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Barbazza

Re: Rejected from the word go?

Post by Barbazza »

dinizintheoven wrote:"He's looking for chocolate treats, fluffy and light, 'cos he know they won't spoil his appetite..." (followed by Blue saying "Mmm Mmm Mmm!" in a higher-pitched voice than the current version). I'm also convinced Blue was "Smart old blue" in the original....

He definitely was 'smart' in the old version. I'm convinced that they only changed this because they're not allowed to imply that chocolate can improve your intelligence lest most of the idiots in this country actually believe it. In the old days we let people use their intelligence, now there's not much left to go around it seems.
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Barbazza wrote:He definitely was 'smart' in the old version. I'm convinced that they only changed this because they're not allowed to imply that chocolate can improve your intelligence lest most of the idiots in this country actually believe it. In the old days we let people use their intelligence, now there's not much left to go around it seems.

midgrid wrote:Here's the original.

Yes! 23 years since the original advert was on, and I knew I'd remembered it right. Though, Barb, you're probably right about why they changed "smart old blue" - it's depressing, isn't it? No wonder the new one in the comments is called the "nanny state version"...

Even better, and from round about the same time, maybe a few years before, is this - which I could still quote, verbatim, to this day. What? Sir?

Vaguely back on topic, if the red car and the blue car ever had a race with Force 1 USA, I know which one I'd be backing to come last, absence of bridge or not.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I've derailed this thread.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Barbazza wrote:He definitely was 'smart' in the old version. I'm convinced that they only changed this because they're not allowed to imply that chocolate can improve your intelligence lest most of the idiots in this country actually believe it. In the old days we let people use their intelligence, now there's not much left to go around it seems.

midgrid wrote:Here's the original.

Yes! 23 years since the original advert was on, and I knew I'd remembered it right. Though, Barb, you're probably right about why they changed "smart old blue" - it's depressing, isn't it? No wonder the new one in the comments is called the "nanny state version"...

Even better, and from round about the same time, maybe a few years before, is this - which I could still quote, verbatim, to this day. What? Sir?

I personally found this more memorable. Is he picking his nose or what?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

He's just posted no less than 3 articles ranting about 'comments from critics', which I can only assume is a response to mine and Pasta's comments/rants. :mrgreen:

http://force1usa.com/what-is-the-future-of-united-states-formula-1-racing/
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

East Londoner wrote:He's just posted no less than 3 articles ranting about 'comments from critics', which I can only assume is a response to mine and Pasta's comments/rants. :mrgreen:

http://force1usa.com/what-is-the-future-of-united-states-formula-1-racing/

In an attempt to disprove my critiscisms, he has just proved them. Again he has posted practically the same article 3 times, but this time theres no BMW Sauber - oh no, he's gone down a far less intelligent route and used a picture of Bin it Schumacher and Barrichello's crash. Tactful. Also, he says that we critiscise him because we don't want to see him suceed or that we don't want the 'traditional' air of motorsports disrupted. False. We just know he's crap, and are sick of his delusional un educated rants.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

The Muppet wrote:Everything from incredibly naive F1 fans that think that F1 drivers are hard working, “salt ofthe earth” types that worked their way up from the coal mines to be Formula 1 drivers through hard work and their “real” jobs….apparently, a lof of F1 fans don;t even know what a real job is, or what the working class consists of…

Obviously the idiot's never heard of Romain Grosjean and his day job at a Swiss Bank. Or Kamui Kobayashi as a chef in his father's restaurant back in Japan for that matter. :roll:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

The complete and utter smeghead wrote:I think the thing that is drawing so many negative comments from the United Kingdom, (and positive feedback from from American F1 supporters), is the fact that if I start an F1 team, and especially if I end up racing Formula 1 (with my projected success), that it will crush the “mystique” surrounding Formula 1 racing. This, along with the fact that people are very jealous and envious…that’s the bottom line. No one wants to see anyone else succeed if it is not going to benefit them in some way. Sad, but true.

Bollocks. You're just crap. It's funny how he isn't picking up the hints yet.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
The complete and utter smeghead wrote:I think the thing that is drawing so many negative comments from the United Kingdom, (and positive feedback from from American F1 supporters), is the fact that if I start an F1 team, and especially if I end up racing Formula 1 (with my projected success), that it will crush the “mystique” surrounding Formula 1 racing. This, along with the fact that people are very jealous and envious…that’s the bottom line. No one wants to see anyone else succeed if it is not going to benefit them in some way. Sad, but true.

Maybe someone should point to him the existence of the F1RWRS and state that even I would have a better chance at running an F1 team than he does :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

He's actually an idiot isn't he. Proper bathplug.

Of course, it still stinks of HOAX, but I'm impressed with how long it's carried on for. I'm tempted to write him a message from a certain unemployed F1 driver who was wrongly accused of common assault last year, asking for a drive.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil wrote:He's actually an idiot isn't he. Proper bathplug.

Of course, it still stinks of HOAX, but I'm impressed with how long it's carried on for. I'm tempted to write him a message from a certain unemployed F1 driver who was wrongly accused of common assault last year, asking for a drive.

Nah. Write it as an Australian ex-five time F1 World Champion looking to make his Formula One return and see what happens ;) :lol:
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Wizzie wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Maybe someone should point to him the existence of the F1RWRS and state that even dr-baker would have a better chance at running an F1 team than he does :lol:

Fixed :D
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Wizzie wrote:
The Muppet wrote:Everything from incredibly naive F1 fans that think that F1 drivers are hard working, “salt ofthe earth” types that worked their way up from the coal mines to be Formula 1 drivers through hard work and their “real” jobs….apparently, a lof of F1 fans don;t even know what a real job is, or what the working class consists of…

Obviously the idiot's never heard of Romain Grosjean and his day job at a Swiss Bank. Or Kamui Kobayashi as a chef in his father's restaurant back in Japan for that matter. :roll:

I posted that comment on his blog.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Maybe someone should point to him the existence of the F1RWRS and state that even dr-baker would have a better chance at running an F1 team than he does :lol:

Fixed :D

Was that a back-handed compliment by any chance...???
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This man needs some sort of mental help. He's delusional beyond belief.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Wizzie wrote:

I used the example of Grosjean in my rant, which regretfully was moderated before I remembered to post it here. I also mentioned that Coulthard worked for his dad's haulage firm for a bit.

I also told Mr. Pentecost that there would be no bidding process to enter in 2013, and that he needs to contact the FIA should he wish to enter the sport. This, of course, fell on deaf ears. I don't think he realises he can just *start* an F1 team. Otherwise we'd all be doing it.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Don Pentecost spotted going for a bike ride:
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I don't want to see this 'project' die because it provides us all with many great laughs.

What I therefore decided to do is provide him with some information that might actually be useful. I mean, it won't, but still...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

This fellow seems to have some "ambitious" plans. Maybe I'll send an application for my friend "Weblan D. Fill". :mrgreen:
MIA SAN MIA!
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Re: the red car and the blue car.

It occurred to me that the lyric-change might in fact not be political correctness gone mad, but the exact opposite. Advertising something on the strength of it not spoiling your appetite seems kinda square these days, and not really something people worry about much any more. It could be that Milky Way simply wanted to advertise it as tasty.
Waris

Post by Waris »

The impression I get from reading his website is that of a very lonely person, considering he seems to be mostly interested in himself, judging by how often he praises his own skills. I think this guy is mostly after attention rather than anything else.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:I also told Mr. Pentecost that there would be no bidding process to enter in 2013, and that he needs to contact the FIA should he wish to enter the sport. This, of course, fell on deaf ears. I don't think he realises he can just *start* an F1 team. Otherwise we'd all be doing it.

Where that you get that news? :?

Speaking of which, we have American forumites like Cynon and DOSBoot. This thread needs them. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

AdrianSutil wrote:He's actually an idiot isn't he. Proper bathplug.

Do it! But don't forget to include a further offer of support from a certain Japanese driver with a bad back who brings billions of yen for very little return, who could make an excellent test driver, as could a swarthy Italian who drove for the same team the next year in an attempt to rescue his career. Oh, wait a minute, that wouldn't work, because...

"Of course, y'all are deluded idiots 'cos there's no way any of these dang foreign types could possibly drive for this true AMERICAN team for AMERICANS in AMERICA, and y'all knows nuthin' 'bout F1 like I do. Only TRUE PATRIOTIC AMERICANS who read from the BIBLE every day and vote REPUBLICAN like a TRUE AMERICAN will be gettin' near my team."

Playing the banjo would also come in useful, as busking on the streets of Hicksville, Texas might raise a few pennies to keep the team afloat, at least in ol' Don's mind. Yeeeee-haaaaaw! Di di ding ding ding ding ding ding ding...
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Davidellias

Post by Davidellias »

Someone needs to convince him to hire Mark Plourde to his team. :lol:
This wrote: So they're actually time-travellers?
Jocke1 wrote: Deletraz yes. Lavaggi no.
Salamander wrote:So that's what Deletraz was doing!
Jocke1 wrote:He was trying to reach 88 miles per hour.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

FMecha wrote:
BaconLettuceNinja wrote:I also told Mr. Pentecost that there would be no bidding process to enter in 2013, and that he needs to contact the FIA should he wish to enter the sport. This, of course, fell on deaf ears. I don't think he realises he can just *start* an F1 team. Otherwise we'd all be doing it.

Where that you get that news? :?

Well, the process would have started ages ago if there was gonna be one. I mean, in 2010 the teams were announced around now-ish in the year...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Looks like he's kind of given up on F1: http://force1usa.com/racing-during-f1-t ... -1-racing/
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Now he's stalking people :lol:
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:Looks like he's kind of given up on F1: http://force1usa.com/racing-during-f1-t ... -1-racing/

But still can't resist having a dig...

Billy Bob Tinfoil Hat D TK RRR JRRRRBS! Illegal Moonshine Roswell '47 Can Uh Hear An Ayyyy-mayyyyn Hamburger III, Jr. wrote:There are too many F1 fans in the UK who are violently opposed to any effort to start a United States Formula 1 team. Rather than being “threatened” by the idea, they should be encouraging the effort, and the additional competition.being added to F1.

I would encourage more competition in F1. We all would, irrespective of nationality. The key word is "competition", which Force 1 USA is about as likely to bring to the 2014 season as Life did to 1990.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Well looky-here...looks like we got one o' them readers.
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Billy Bob Tinfoil Hat D TK RRR JRRRRBS! Illegal Moonshine Roswell '47 Can Uh Hear An Ayyyy-mayyyyn Hamburger III, Jr. wrote:There are too many F1 fans in the UK who are violently opposed to any effort to start a United States Formula 1 team. Rather than being “threatened” by the idea, they should be encouraging the effort, and the additional competition.being added to F1.

I would encourage more competition in F1. We all would, irrespective of nationality. The key word is "competition", which Force 1 USA is about as likely to bring to the 2014 season as Life did to 1990.

I'm an American. And I've been opposed to this Ponzi scheme disguised as an F1 team since this thread began. Somebody really ought to put a diaper on this guy's mouth, for the amount of fecal matter being spewed from it is quite astonishing. I should go down to Arizona and give this man an ice pick lobotomy, but then again one can't jam an ice pick into what clearly isn't there :lol:.

Also, somehow I doubt Billy Bob Tinfoil Hat D TK RRR JRRRRBS! Illegal Moonshine Roswell '47 Can Uh Hear An Ayyyy-mayyyyn Hamburger III, Jr. has been able to wake from his delusional haze long enough to be bothered to research the mobile deathtrap/fireworks display that was the Life L190.
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

STEVEN SPIELBERG TO FUND $2B MOVIE!!

My movie will be the first to turn a profit of two billion dollars - GUARANTEED! I will be the first person to win BEST DIRECTOR and BEST ACTOR for the same film - and all on a budget of less than one million dollars!!!!!

These Hollywood rich kids and fat cats don't know what the HELL they're doing. They turn out trash time and again, and who watches it? Only MORONS! Producers, directors, stars - they're over-paid and all born with silver spoons in their mouths. I will be the first truly working class film-maker!

I am one of the world's most talented actor-directors. Movies are in my genes. I just need MONEY. I made my sister's wedding video, and everyone said it was the best wedding video they had ever seen. All my short stories came FIRST PLACE in local competitions - I am the only person in the history of my state to achieve this feat. I am a gifted film-maker, actor and storyteller... I'm not boasting, it's just a fact. If you don't believe me THEN OBVIOUSLY YOU DO NOT KNOW ME.

I have a (future) best selling novel upon which my (future) Oscar-winning movie will be based. Top Hollywood stars and directors ask $10M or more a movie. I ask only $50,000. TOTAL.

Mr Spielberg, you could fund this film a thousand times over. I will make a guaranteed $2B profit. How can you turn this opportunity down? Please fill out the web form at the bottom of this page. (ONLY Mr Spielberg may do this. You other MORONS may not - I am NOT looking for feedback. You are just jealous of my (future) success. Keep your stupid opinions to yourselves, you IDIOTS. I am only interested in communicating with TOP INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS).

I played the part of JESUS in our local Passion Play. It was the BEST Jesus we had ever seen. I WILL win the 2014 Best Actor Oscar.
Earnard Beccelstone

Post by Earnard Beccelstone »

Has anyone asked this clown how he’s going to get a FIA superlicence?

I know this is taking him with a degree of seriousness that is completely unmerited, but I want to see him try and squirm out of the question.

Superlicence requirements are either Grade A competition licence + championship/multiple podium place getter in lower formulae (GP2, GP3, F3) OR 300 km in a current F1 car plus unanimous approval of all teams. Top finishes in IndyCar will also be accepted.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Earnard Beccelstone wrote:Has anyone asked this clown how he’s going to get a FIA superlicence?

I know this is taking him with a degree of seriousness that is completely unmerited, but I want to see him try and squirm out of the question.

Superlicence requirements are either Grade A competition licence + championship/multiple podium place getter in lower formulae (GP2, GP3, F3) OR 300 km in a current F1 car plus unanimous approval of all teams. Top finishes in IndyCar will also be accepted.

I said something along the lines of "To compete in F1, you need to obtain an FIA Superlicence. As your as getting closer to the date of the projected start-up, I would pursue this very soon."

I also said "To get into F1 as soon as possible, you must develop a design base soon. As he has knowledge of 'contemporary' F1 aerodynamics and design, you should put your efforts into hiring Nick Wirth." He'd fall for that, right?

Here's something he's clearly missed out: if a corporation wanted to get into F1, surely they'd start their own team rather than give it to some guy who was a background redneck character in South Park, and who is absolutely clueless. Or invest in an existing team.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I've connected with him on LinkedIn, as I'm very curious to see if he is posting anything different there.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

I said that I genuinely hoped he could follow his passion for racing, but needed to give up on Formula 1, put his energies into something he could actually achieve, and just start enjoying himself.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Can someone post up the link I need to send him a letter like Kostas did with Mike Coughlan? I can't seem to find it on that joke of a website. Might do some trolling.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

AdrianSutil wrote:Can someone post up the link I need to send him a letter like Kostas did with Mike Coughlan? I can't seem to find it on that joke of a website. Might do some trolling.

Find an article, scroll down to the bottom of the page and there will be a white box that says "leave a comment". Make sure to post what you've said here though because sometimes the comments are moderated out!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I was bored, so I decided to fire another comment in the direction of Mr Pentecost, telling him about Kamui Kobayshi and how he had to work at his dad's restaurant. Maybe this will finally make him stop posting shite on F1 drivers.

Don, have you never heard of Kamui Kobayashi? The guy had to work in his dad’s sushi restaurant for long hours to raise the cash to go racing. He’s had to work his way up through hard graft with no guarantee that he would be successful in racing. Now, he is the Banzai master of F1, in a decent team (Sauber), scoring a good haul of points whilst wowing spectators and TV viewers alike with his overtakes and crazy moves. So, your view of ‘all F1 drivers’ being wealthy and elitist, never having to work in a tough job, simply isn’t true. It is in fact in tatters. So stop saying it in every article you post.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Earnard Beccelstone

Post by Earnard Beccelstone »

"I have to watch my weight. Completely “ripped”, six-pack abs, and 18 inch arms, I still weigh 185-190 lbs."

How is he going to race with arms only 18 inches long? :P