The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
Julien

Re: The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

Post by Julien »

Just because some players don't like heavily narrated gameplay and they are so focused on action that they can't stop and just admire the world around them or the complexity of the characters it doesn't mean that Final Fantasy is dead. I actually quite enjoyed XIII. Not as much as VII or X because they are masterpieces, but I still got enchanted by the whole world, the story, and I didn't mind the "interactive movie" gameplay either. If you think about it, 90% of the current FPS games are nothing more than interactive movies. And they usually can be finished within one afternoon, while it takes you weeks to finish a FF game. I really can't see why a few people are crying so loud...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Sonic 06 wrote:1. Theres too many of them.

It's a series, there's bound to be many of them.

Sonic 06 wrote:2. I'd like to see them make some racing games.

And they should do what you want, right?

Yeah, no. These stories aren't proof, they're opinion pieces. Shame to see that in the time you've been away from the forum, you're still a complete idiot.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

For my birthday, I received £50 to spend in HMV, and am wondering what to get. Is it worth getting GRID:Autosport (reduced from £40 to £28), GT6, or should I just go for some CDs and DVDs?

And there haven't been any recent motorsport releases for PSP have there (or indeed any releases...)?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dr-baker wrote:And there haven't been any recent motorsport releases for PSP have there (or indeed any releases...)?

Nope. I'd say they've switched focus to the Vita, but that would imply that Sony are doing anything with the Vita. :P
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Is GP2 worth buying from amazon?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dr-baker wrote:For my birthday, I received £50 to spend in HMV, and am wondering what to get. Is it worth getting GRID:Autosport (reduced from £40 to £28), GT6, or should I just go for some CDs and DVDs?

If I had to pick between GT6 and GRID Autosport, then I'd say GT6. However, GRID Autosport is a lot of fun; haven't had the chance to try the online stuff yet though, so I couldn't possibly say.

roblomas52 wrote:Is GP2 worth buying from amazon?

Nope. You'd be wasting your time and money if you did.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Ataxia wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:Is GP2 worth buying from amazon?

Nope. You'd be wasting your time and money if you did.

Yeah, you can easily download it from the internet. Somewhere. I forget where to download it.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

So, for those of you that still care, I'm composing another lengthy update on my Minecraft world - so you can all see how many more F1 Rejects references I can crowbar into it.

Well, now it seems Mojang have done one for me. There's going to be a new default skin in 1.8, and it's called...

ALEX.

"Ja, it is Meinkraft now. Vot is this version 1.8? It vill now be version 1.049!"
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

AxelP800 wrote:Sonic 06/umatbru, do you have sense of respect, condolence, support, symphaty, and emphaty?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Alright i will make an alternative cover ASAP.

Ataxia wrote:

And they should do what you want, right?

Well what would you want them to do?
Last edited by Salamander on 29 Aug 2014, 13:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed double-post
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Sonic 06 wrote:Well what would you want them to do?

Does it matter? As long as they're churning out good games that bring joy to the majority of people, then that's all you can ask for.

You are so late with your ripostes; you'd be crap at fencing.
Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

Ataxia wrote:

Does it matter? As long as they're churning out good games that bring joy to the majority of people, then that's all you can ask for.

That's because I was banned for the past fortnight.

Back my claim that Square enix needs to diversify, Hironobu Sakaguchi was asked if Square was to dependent on Final fantasy. he answered with:

"Avoiding that has actually been one of Square's goals for a long time. It is our aim to try and develop a few more major franchises for the company; that has always been on our minds."

and i'm working on an alternate cover for CART 2001.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Sonic 06 wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

That's because I was banned for the past fortnight.

What were you banned for this time?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

dr-baker wrote:What were you banned for this time?

check the previous page.
Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

Julien wrote:Just because some players don't like heavily narrated gameplay and they are so focused on action that they can't stop and just admire the world around them or the complexity of the characters it doesn't mean that Final Fantasy is dead. I actually quite enjoyed XIII. Not as much as VII or X because they are masterpieces, but I-.

Let me stop you there so I can tell why Final Fantasy VII is not a masterpiece.

Firstly the name makes less sense the Medal Of Honor Warfighter. It can't be Final fantasy if it has a number at the end. Secondly the pre-rendered cinematics are unskippable. thirdly the gameplay is a horrific mangling of real-time and turn based combat. Fourthly the graphics are all mashed up: The over world features characters that were rendered on an atari jaguar amongst beautiful environments. In battle the graphics on both the characters and environments are prim and proper and finally the music sounds like it was composed for the SNES instead of the PlayStation.

There is supposed to be a storyline but since i'm trapped in the starting area due to some legendarily thick map design, I cant get any.

This game cocks up on all accounts. 0/10.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sonic 06 wrote:
Julien wrote:Just because some players don't like heavily narrated gameplay and they are so focused on action that they can't stop and just admire the world around them or the complexity of the characters it doesn't mean that Final Fantasy is dead. I actually quite enjoyed XIII. Not as much as VII or X because they are masterpieces, but I-.

Firstly the name makes less sense the Medal Of Honor Warfighter. It can't be Final fantasy if it has a number at the end. Secondly the pre-rendered cinematics are unskippable. thirdly the gameplay is a horrific mangling of real-time and turn based combat. Fourthly the graphics are all mashed up: The over world features characters that were rendered on an atari jaguar amongst beautiful environments. In battle the graphics on both the characters and environments are prim and proper and finally the music sounds like it was composed for the SNES instead of the PlayStation.

There is supposed to be a storyline but since i'm trapped in the starting area due to some legendarily thick map design, I cant get any.

Nobody cares.
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Sonic 06 wrote:

I don't know why I'm bothering to answer such a poor attempt at a troll (not to mention defending winner of "Spambot of the Year") but you do know where the name "Final Fantasy" comes from right? Hironobu Sakaguchi wanted to make an RPG, but Square thought it would bomb. With a staff of only three other people, and no marketing budget to speak of, it looked like it would, and so Hironobu-san would be fired. He expected it to be his last game, and named it as such. Obviously, things changed a bit.

And as for being stuck, you must just suck. Sorry.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

Wallio wrote:
Sonic 06 wrote:

I don't know why I'm bothering to answer such a poor attempt at a troll (not to mention defending winner of "Spambot of the Year") but you do know where the name "Final Fantasy" comes from right? Hironobu Sakaguchi wanted to make an RPG, but Square thought it would bomb. With a staff of only three other people, and no marketing budget to speak of, it looked like it would, and so Hironobu-san would be fired. He expected it to be his last game, and named it as such. Obviously, things changed a bit.

And yes I know Final Fantasy is the name of the first game in the series because Hironobu Sakaguchi thought it would be his last game but come on Square, Final Fantasy VII? They need to learn the definition of Final.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I no longer read this thread because of everyone's bickering stemmed from Sonic 06's misinfo. :evil:

And now for something else completelt different, kids.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

FMecha wrote:I no longer read this thread because of everyone's bickering stemmed from Sonic 06's misinfo. :evil:

And now for something else completely different, kids.

When FMecha said misinfo, he actually meant Sonic 06 being a absolute retard and attention-whore. It is unacceptable and incredibly unnecessary. /bury

Meanwhile, Circuito de la Sierra looks neat. It reminds me of some ribbons of road that were popular in both TDU games, which would mean this track would be a nice addition for online cruise sessions in GT6.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

...and if you're wondering if it was any good, no, it wasn't.
This is a cool spot.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Sonic 06 wrote:
Wallio wrote:
Sonic 06 wrote:Let me stop you there so I can tell why Final Fantasy VII is not a masterpiece.

And yes I know Final Fantasy is the name of the first game in the series because Hironobu Sakaguchi thought it would be his last game but come on Square, Final Fantasy VII? They need to learn the definition of Final.

Fee, fi, fo, fum, is that the sound of banning just begun?

Whoever bans this troll, consider it an esteemed act of community service. Have a medal and some cookies, certificate's in the post.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sonic 06 wrote:And yes I know Final Fantasy is the name of the first game in the series because Hironobu Sakaguchi thought it would be his last game but come on Square, Final Fantasy VII? They need to learn the definition of Final.

Nobody cares.
Everything's great.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Sonic 06 wrote:
Wallio wrote:

Fee, fi, fo, fum, is that the sound of banning just begun?

Whoever bans this troll, consider it an esteemed act of community service. Have a medal and some cookies, certificate's in the post.

To sonic 06
Here is a message.
to quote the Australian comedian Adam Hills... (from The Last Leg)

STOP BEING A DICK!! :evil:

Sorry but I had to get that out of my system.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Don't stress over Sonic and his crap, he's just a bit special.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

FMecha wrote:I no longer read this thread because of everyone's bickering stemmed from Sonic 06's misinfo. :evil:

And now for something else completelt different, kids.

I was really hoping that would redirect to John Cleese :(
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

MinardiFan95 wrote:

Hmm, so that's why we never got our proper sequel to Racing Lagoon :(

Come to think of it, "driving with another genre twist" has all but disappeared by the end of the 2000s. Never have I seen another Racing Lagoon (driving/RPG) or Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Driving with a Fighting-game style health system) these days...
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Come to think of it, "driving with another genre twist" has all but disappeared by the end of the 2000s. Never have I seen another Racing Lagoon (driving/RPG) or Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Driving with a Fighting-game style health system) these days...

It's symptomatic of a general problem in the video game industry, especially among larger publishers and developers. Everyone's terrified to take risks or change up gameplay in any really meaningful way so they do the same old boring proven thing.
Everything's great.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
MinardiFan95 wrote:

Hmm, so that's why we never got our proper sequel to Racing Lagoon :(

Come to think of it, "driving with another genre twist" has all but disappeared by the end of the 2000s. Never have I seen another Racing Lagoon (driving/RPG) or Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Driving with a Fighting-game style health system) these days...

Don't know how you could have forgotten Square's most famous racing game, Chocobo Racing!

Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

How do I get the cars and tracks I downloaded last night for GP2 to work? Before you ask, I did look on google and youtube but to no avail.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

roblomas52 wrote:How do I get the cars and tracks I downloaded last night for GP2 to work? Before you ask, I did look on google and youtube but to no avail.

Do you read the documentation supplied with the tracks? Also, read this: http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopi ... 09#p152950

---------

Post your Sierra Time Rally scores.

Mine's:

Abarth 500: 1,344,755
VW Sirocco: not yet
Ferrari GTO: not yet

:)
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Can't remember my exact scores but I was around the 1.5 million mark in all 3 cars. The prize cars are fairly nice as well. :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0oTs_8y9r8

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but I hereby withdraw my prior rants about the new systems, and am going to go out and buy a PS4 today, just for that (its released in 3 weeks). Will the ciggy liveries stay though is the question.....

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Wallio wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0oTs_8y9r8

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but I hereby withdraw my prior rants about the new systems, and am going to go out and buy a PS4 today, just for that (its released in 3 weeks). Will the ciggy liveries stay though is the question.....

It is also available on the Xbox One, PC and Wii U.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

One of the comments say that the liveries are fan add on ;)
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

FMecha wrote:

One of the comments say that the liveries are fan add on ;)

Correct, but from what I understand, all fan packs will be available. CARS actually stands for Community Assisted Racing Sim IIRC. I'm just hoping Sony doesn't ban the patch.

TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

Anyone know how you can download one of the Grand Prix games on a Mac? Ive tried a couple of websites but they only support windows :(
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
TheFlyingCaterham

Post by TheFlyingCaterham »

I was playing F1 2000 yesterday on my ps2 when I came across a very reject-worthy mistake.

I was doing a quick race at Silverstone as Pedro Diniz. I steadily worked my way up the field, and got into second on the last lap. I wasn't expecting to get past the leader, Barrichello, but he made 2 mistakes on the Luffield complex. The first one, he failed to get around a Minardi until the corner where the National layout joins up to the GP circuit, and enabled me to get right behind his rear wing. I didn't get past him until he made his second mistake. HE PITTED. ON THE FINAL LAP. IN THE LEAD OF THE RACE!!!!!

So, in those turn of events, I somehow won my 3rd Grand Prix in Quick Race mode.
Resident Track Designer Addict

2016 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Champion
2017 F1Rejects Track Designing Competition Runner-Up

More of a reader than a poster on these forums, so I won't post much compared to others.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Video opens with a Senna quote. My wallet cannot close any faster.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:

Video opens with a Senna quote. My wallet cannot close any faster.

Damn, and I was looking forward to Project CARS too...
Everything's great.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

As some of you know, in addition to being a professional historian and running a museum, I park cars at an uber exclusive country club a few nights a month for extra cash. Well 3 of the other valets have quit for "real jobs" so until they hire more, its become basically a second job. Now since my wife doesn't mind me working an extra 25-30 hours per week, and since the pay is ludicrously disproportionate to the amount of actual work we do (if you can call getting paid to drive 911s, Bentleys, 458 Italias, AMG Mercs, etc "work") I've jumped in head first. This has left me with quite a bit (comparatively) of disposable income lately. And since racing season for me is over, I did the only responsible thing, and bought a PS4.

REALLY LONG REVEIW POST WARNING!!!

The system itself is small. Its only about 40% of the size of a PS3 (I have an original "fat" PS3) and looks fine, although I am annoyed that the bundle only came in white. When I plugged in my usb port to use my headset (never went to Bluetooth) it recognized the keyboard and mouse still plugged into it from my desktop, so I can at least use the internet browser like a proper computer. And with a hard drive as big as my laptops, and as much RAM as my work desktop, I honestly wondered why I needed a PC anymore. Then I hated myself for thinking that, as that's what Sony WANTS you to think. Bastards

The controller is taking some getting used to however. Now I must preface this by saying, I've had every Playstation there is. So I've used every DualShock controller ever made. Hell, I had a PS1 before they had the DualShocks (really showing my age here I know), and in damn nearly 20 years (1996 was the first DualShock, I believe?) it hasn't changed, at all. So its quite a departure to feel it now. The handles are fatter, longer, and have grips on them. Its very ergonomic. The control sticks are up higher, and are otherwise unchanged. R2 and L2 and lower and fatter, and feel better. The four buttons are the same. However the center is a mess now. A giant touchpad replaces the Start/Select buttons. This is useless. Admittedly, I only have Destiny and Driveclub, but neither game uses the touch pad as a feature. Both use it as a button, both for a third tier function you won't use. So aside from swiping across menus in the systems OS, I can't understand this one. And the Start button has been replaced by "Options" which does exactly what the Start button did for years. Why rename it? Finally in the center mess is the "Share" button which posts videos of you playing to Facebook, Twitter, and Twich (whatever that is) if you use this, you are a sad empty person. The problem is muscle memory. Everytime you need the (now much smaller and for reasons unknown, vertical) start button, er, I'm sorry "Options" Button, you end up pressing this giant touchpad. Ditto if you try to press the PS4 button, which is now smaller and below where it was. The useless touchpad takes up half the damn controller. Overall though the controller is fine, touchpad aside, and the way the giant LED changes colors to reflect gameplay is pretty cool.

However, there is the online issue. Unlike the X1 which requires it, the PS4 doesn't have to be online, however, it really wants to be, all the damn time. Destiny has no offline mode at all, it merely kicks you back to the menu. Which I cannot figure out as it has a single player story. Why you have to be online to play it makes as much sense as an arsehole on your, nevermind. Driveclub won't let you even look at the club you created/joined without being online, which gets fun in that particular instance. Hell the bloody bluray player wouldn't play unless you go online to activate it, once only thank God. Now my apartment does not have internet. I use my phones hotspot for occasional gaming with friends. I have 14GB a month, but that also has to be used for all my work stuff. Data is a resource I need to closely husband. Why do I need to waste it on playing Destiny by myself? And everytime you do bother to link up to the internet, here come the updates. Wave after wave after wave. And of course PS+ is required now, which means you have to pay to play your own games, although to be fair, you get a lot of free games with it too.

The visuals though, oh my god. I have need seen such beauty. Destiny looks like a Michael Bay wet dream. And Driveclub is the most gorgeous racing game ever made. Which is good, since its lacking in a lot of other bits. Sound is ludicrous as well, especially through a soundbar and sub, when the wife will let me use it. One thing I cannot figure out though is the price. The PS3 as a bundle cost $699.99 back in 2006 when our money was still worth something. It only had the system, one game (Wing Commander? Lair?) and two controllers. And Sony lost money on that! The Destiny bundle has the system, game, HDMI cable, cheap headset, two DLCs, and one month of PS+ all included for $449.99! How is that possible? Are Blurays that much cheaper now? Really? I'm not complaining, but something isn't right here.

As for the games, Destiny is stupid fun. I play with my old college buddies back in Boston, and even with 5 of us slaughtering alien hordes, there's no lag, framerate drop, nothing. Just pure fun. And why there is the single player mode I mentioned, the game really should be played with friends, as the hilarity that ensues when you put a bunch of drunks on the moon with guns, is well, epic. Bungie has also thrown in a ton of callbacks to other games as well, which is nice (power-ups are skulls for example). And with a whole years of DLC planned, its not gonna be stale. Overall, a must buy.

Driveclub is less clear cut. It looks and sounds as pretty as any game I've played, but the physics are pretty meh. Think Grid 2, with less drifting. And while half the game is online, the servers blew on launch and haven't been fixed yet. And if you so much as want to change your club's colors, you have to be online, fun when the servers don't work. The main gripe of the game is the small, car list, with no Japanese and only 1 American car. Despite my 'MURICAN! attitudes I don't mind this, as I find Japan's offerings overrated and the one American car is the Hennessy, so all good there. And more importantly, the Euro cars are ones you actually WANT to drive, like the BAC Mono, Ariel Atom V8, AMG GT, etc. The inability to turn on driver aids like AB or ideal line doesn't bother me either, I actually prefer that, but I wish the cars didn't all pull hard right when you lock the front wheels. And why are there buttons for DRS and KERS, when only one car in the game, the P1, which is the LAST car you unlock has it? I get it that there's going to be DLC, but how many more road cars have them? Dumb. I would buy it though. Its a nice hold until Project CARS comes out in three weeks.

So I'd give the PS4 an 8/10. If they ditched the "always online please" aspect and gave it the old DualShock 3 controller, it'd be perfect. But I'm a cranky old man. :P Rant Over.