The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

The place for alternate championships that use real results as a base of forming alternative results, driver careers, and games in general
KL-racer

Re: The "You're Winner!" Gaming Thread

Post by KL-racer »

Meanwhile, I finally got the Platinum trophy in Gran Turismo 6!

And I saw this article today on GT planet. Here's the link:

http://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-takes ... 6-modders/

Any impressions/thoughts?
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

KL-racer wrote:Meanwhile, I finally got the Platinum trophy in Gran Turismo 6!

And I saw this article today on GT planet. Here's the link:

http://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-takes ... 6-modders/

Any impressions/thoughts?

I used to be into hybriding, especially in GT3 where it was so easy to do. No online play in those days so it wasn't an issue.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Codemasters have announced a new GRID game for the "last gen" consoles and it looks like it could be a return to form after GRID 2 strayed away from the series' roots. It's called GRID: Autosport (I wonder if it's associated with the magazine of the same name?) and will include Touring, Endurance, Open Wheel, Tuning and Street disciplines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5RIoJgfQJg
This is a cool spot.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

MinardiFan95 wrote:Codemasters have announced a new GRID game for the "last gen" consoles and it looks like it could be a return to form after GRID 2 strayed away from the series' roots. It's called GRID: Autosport (I wonder if it's associated with the magazine of the same name?) and will include Touring, Endurance, Open Wheel, Tuning and Street disciplines.

If it's not V8 Supercars 4, I will continue to not care about it.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:If it's not V8 Supercars 4, I will continue to not care about it.

Is that Australian for TOCA Race Driver 4?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:If it's not V8 Supercars 4, I will continue to not care about it.

It won't be, though GRID 2 did get Bathurst, utes and Group A cars as DLC so hopefully they will return as part of the game on release, not as rip-off DLC.

dr-baker wrote:Is that Australian for TOCA Race Driver 4?

Yup.
This is a cool spot.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

MinardiFan95 wrote:Codemasters have announced a new GRID game for the "last gen" consoles and it looks like it could be a return to form after GRID 2 strayed away from the series' roots. It's called GRID: Autosport (I wonder if it's associated with the magazine of the same name?) and will include Touring, Endurance, Open Wheel, Tuning and Street disciplines.

This is going to be good, and it come out on my birthday! (June 24)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MinardiFan95 wrote:It's called GRID: Autosport (I wonder if it's associated with the magazine of the same name?)

Yes!!!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

So apparently from what I heard, VirtualR, a popular simracing website, had to take down F1 mods from their site.

#F1Modcalypse :evil:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
W12

Post by W12 »

FMecha wrote:So apparently from what I heard, VirtualR, a popular simracing website, had to take down F1 mods from their site.

#F1Modcalypse :evil:
I used to love that site; lots of free downloads...

Will the old mods get deleted, too?
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I googled first but there is no real good place to find information.

How many patches/updates have Polyphony released for GT6 so far?
What are the DLC circuits that has been released so far, if any?
-*:-
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Jocke1 wrote:What DLC circuits have Polyphony released so far since the launch of GT6, if any?

None. Zahara has been in the works for several months now, but still hasn't been released.

However, PD have announced that as part of their new Senna love-in, they're releasing the Lotus 97T as DLC, and rumours are rife that they're planning on releasing the Adelaide street circuit as well.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

So their initial promise of "one new track per month" crashed and burned even before take-off? :roll:
takagi_for_the_win

Jocke1 wrote:So their initial promise of "one new track per month" crashed and burned even before take-off? :roll:

Yep, same as quite a few of PD's promises for GT6. The Vision GT thingy seems to have died already after just two cars and we're still no closer to getting either B-Spec or the Course Maker; the latter of which is he primary reason I bought the game. :|
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote: None. Zahara has been in the works for several months now, but still hasn't been released.

They really should add Macau
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Thank goodness I switched to XBox when I did. Back in the day, I was holding out getting a PS3 for so long until Gran Turismo 5 got released and got impatient. GT4 seems to be the pinnacle of the series.

Well either that or the Toyota POD race from GT Concept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwC74VvRqwk
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
takagi_for_the_win

Jocke1 wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote: None. Zahara has been in the works for several months now, but still hasn't been released.

They really should add Macau

It might be worth you having a quick gander at Project C.A.R.S; it looks to be an incredibly well put together game, and seeing as it'll be exclusive to the next-gen consoles I dare say it'll completely eclipse anything that Forza or Gran Turismo can achieve.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

This made me dig out Grid 2. I never finished it (I stopped at the end of Season 1 in fact), but I figured "it can't be as bad as I remember it." Being halfway through Season 3 now, I can say, Yes, Oh dear God, it is, it really is. How that Game was ever released is beyond me.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Luckily i never purchased Grid 2 because when i saw the first few Let's plays it looked really arcady. Maybe Grid Autosport will be more like Grid 1, it still was far away from a simulation but it actualy was great fun.
Btw. here is a new trailer i found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N4a4-PtJVk
all that sliding and drifting doesn't look too promising in my opinion...
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Hermann95 wrote:Luckily i never purchased Grid 2 because when i saw the first few Let's plays it looked really arcady. Maybe Grid Autosport will be more like Grid 1, it still was far away from a simulation but it actualy was great fun.
Btw. here is a new trailer i found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N4a4-PtJVk
all that sliding and drifting doesn't look too promising in my opinion...

This is what I had to say on Grid 2 after playing most of it....
roblomas52 wrote:I am actually on season 5 and that only took me about 30ish hours and I am not really the best driver in the world :mrgreen:
The seasons do get a helluva lot longer as the game goes on and you get some good cars in season 4. I'm on about BAC monos, Caterham SP300-R's and some bloody fast V8 super touring cars. Other great cars include the Nismo Z tune Skyline which I use a lot for season 3 and the 4C you mentioned comes in very handy at the end of season 2. There are also a pair of sweet S2000 touring cars you unlock in series 3. Not forgetting the GT3 cars you unlock later in season 5. To get to the start of season 5, I had to do 109 races so the seasons do get a lot longer as the game goes on. Also, the texturing starts to get a bit crappy as the game goes on as well.

roblomas52 wrote:That is a real let down in my mind, especially when one ponders how long they had to develop the game and the "True Feel" handling system is a load of crap to me as the cars which supposed to be balenced (… McLaren F1) do feel like drift cars only with watered down physics. Heck, even the grip cars tend to drift unless you are going at rather silly speeds to get the downforce working. They even screwed up the acceleration and speed on the cars as well. A great example of this is the Nismo Z-Tune R34. In real life, in would get from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. In the game, it's more like 2.7 seconds. I even beat Jason Plato's BTCC pole position time in the Chevy Cruze on Brands Hatch Indy by 8 seconds (48 seconds plays 40 seconds). It just shows how unrealistic it is in terms of the important stuff. :x

Mind you, hitting 300KPH at Spa in a F3 car on Grid 1 was a bit strange since F3's normally top out at 250kph ish.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Well in GT6, the BMW Vision GT car is finally here! Here's my impressions of it

The Good:
At least you can adjust the suspension and LSD settings like a race car should
The black sapphire paint color looks great
The Bad
You can't change the transmission settings which is NOT like a race car as a result 5th and 6th gears are very odd in it's default setting
The Verdict
Drives awesome but too bad you can't add any more power to it, just like the Mercedes AMG VGT Race car which by itself was a pretty good sleeper car in it's own right. I grade this one a sleeper as well.
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I honestly don't care for all these GT Vision cars, I mean they're cool and everything, but we need something more rejectful.

Here are my suggestions for what they should release intermittently:

1. Life L190, with combustible engine
2. G-Wiz
3. Table that beat a G-Wiz in a race
4. Dacia Sandero, with James May delivering a message of good news when it becomes available
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Just got Ferrari F2007 and F10 in gt5(after 3 bloody years!),well,i love it,but was the point of having cars that can only compete in seasonal events :ugeek:

i also buy the X2010 :P
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

FullMetalJack wrote:I honestly don't care for all these GT Vision cars, I mean they're cool and everything, but we need something more rejectful.

2. G-Wiz
4. Dacia Sandero, with James May delivering a message of good news when it becomes available
5. Sinclair C5

Fixed :P

Normal32 wrote:Just got Ferrari F2007 and F10 in gt5(after 3 bloody years!),well,i love it,but was the point of having cars that can only compete in seasonal events :ugeek:

GT5's servers are closing down this May 31st, by the way.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

FMecha wrote:
FullMetalJack wrote:I honestly don't care for all these GT Vision cars, I mean they're cool and everything, but we need something more rejectful.

2. G-Wiz
5. Sinclair C5

Fixed :P

Normal32 wrote:Just got Ferrari F2007 and F10 in gt5(after 3 bloody years!),well,i love it,but was the point of having cars that can only compete in seasonal events :ugeek:

GT5's servers are closing down this May 31st, by the way.

I got my final login bonus on the 27th as I am in Malta now and will be until early June :mrgreen:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

takagi_for_the_win

Anyone here bought Grid:Autosport yet? :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Anyone here bought Grid:Autosport yet? :P

Yes and it is so worth the money.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

roblomas52 wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:Anyone here bought Grid:Autosport yet? :P

Yes and it is so worth the money.

The only thing stopping me from purchasing it is that Endurance (which would most likely be the path I pick) has no pit stops....
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

One piece of potential news for dr-baker (in particular) to get excited about :

A “team of programmers from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe” are reportedly on the Isle of Man, studying the famous TT Race circuit which stretches over 37.73 miles across public roads on the island.

The report comes from Bike Sports News magazine, who claims a source from the Isle of Man’s tourism department informed them that Sony are considering the track for inclusion in Gran Turismo 7 on the PlayStation 4.

http://www.gtplanet.net/rumor-isle-of-man-tt-course-considered-for-gran-turismo-7/
W12

Post by W12 »

madmark1974 wrote:One piece of potential news for dr-baker (in particular) to get excited about :

A “team of programmers from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe” are reportedly on the Isle of Man, studying the famous TT Race circuit which stretches over 37.73 miles across public roads on the island.

The report comes from Bike Sports News magazine, who claims a source from the Isle of Man’s tourism department informed them that Sony are considering the track for inclusion in Gran Turismo 7 on the PlayStation 4.

http://www.gtplanet.net/rumor-isle-of-man-tt-course-considered-for-gran-turismo-7/
I wonder what will be dr-bakers reaction :)
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

IF that happens, I am potentially buying that game... There again, it's been well over a year since I last switched on my PS3 and I don't yet have a PS4...
MCard LOLA
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Once again looks like we're not going to see much that is new, although I'm hoping that the 2015 game turns into a 99-02 CE style game.

If they included GP2 & GP3, plus a management system (ok, I'm dreaming now), I'd be sold on it, but I'm just not sure that Codemasters are the right team to produce a top game.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Yes,if they would include the feeder seriesd just like MotoGP game,and the manager part is very interising.I would also like the ability to more complex editing :roll: (e.g import a pic of your driver,edit ratings,etc).In the career mode you start in GP3 and you move up to GP2 and finally,F1
Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

You guys know Square Enix right?

So you think they should lay off the JRPG'S and doe something else?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sonic 06 wrote:You guys know Square Enix right?

Tomb Raider is not a JRPG. Neither is Sleeping Dogs. Or Deus Ex, Hitman, or Thief.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

Salamander wrote:

Tomb Raider is not a JRPG. Neither is Sleeping Dogs. Or Deus Ex, Hitman, or Thief.

Most of those were by eidos, so I don't count them. Except sleeping dogs, which is a great start but not enough.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sonic 06 wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Most of those were by eidos, so I don't count them. Except sleeping dogs, which is a great start but not enough.

:roll:

How about you come up with an actual argument as to why Square Enix should suddenly stop making games in a genre which their company is very well known for?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

Salamander wrote:
Sonic 06 wrote:
Salamander wrote:

:roll:

How about you come up with an actual argument as to why Square Enix should suddenly stop making games in a genre which their company is very well known for?

1. Theres too many of them.
2. I'd like to see them make some racing games.
3. Final Fantasy is dying a slow excruciating death.
4. Actually its dead.
5. And dead-er.
6. The 10 Biggest Nails In The Final Fantasy Series’ Coffin
Last edited by Salamander on 15 Aug 2014, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link to image of Alex Zanardi's near-fatal crash after complaints.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Sonic 06/umatbru, do you have sense of respect, condolence, support, symphaty, and emphaty?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke