The Tommy Wiseau Movie Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Jocke1

Re: The Ed Wood Movie Thread

Post by Jocke1 »

rip Uncle Phil
-*:-
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Jocke1 wrote:rip Uncle Phil

Probably not the first thing that came to mind here. But I loved "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air", and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". (He was the voice of Shredder.) So he will be missed.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Anybody know when Rush is coming out on DVD?

And I heard a review for 1 (Life on the Limit) on BBC Radio 5 Live's flagship film review show podcast this weekend, implying that the film is now on release in the UK, but doesn't seem to be being shown by my local cinemas. Any idea where it's being shown? By which chains?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Rush will be on DVD January 28. At least in North America. Not too sure about Europe, though I would assume it would be around that time. What a bloody good movie, I might even buy that movie! :)

Does anyone know of a good movie that's out right now in theaters? I'm in the mood for one for some odd reason... :?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aerospeed wrote:Rush will be on DVD January 28. At least in North America. Not too sure about Europe, though I would assume it would be around that time. What a bloody good movie, I might even buy that movie! :)

Ahh brilliant, thanks. Might be released just in time for my dad's birthday at the end of the month then. :D
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:
Aerospeed wrote:Rush will be on DVD January 28. At least in North America. Not too sure about Europe, though I would assume it would be around that time. What a bloody good movie, I might even buy that movie! :)

Ahh brilliant, thanks. Might be released just in time for my dad's birthday at the end of the month then. :D

According to Amazon, 27th of January in the UK.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Aerospeed wrote:Does anyone know of a good movie that's out right now in theaters? I'm in the mood for one for some odd reason... :?

Depends what sort of genre you're looking for. I'm kind of into the action stuff. That saying, I heard that "Lone Survivor" had very good reviews. Anything with Mark Wahlberg shooting things up is pretty much a must see for me.

good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Philip Seymour Hoffman has died. He was an Academy Award winner and a deserving one at that, not to mention he played the baddie in Mission: Impossible 3.

RIP Philip. :cry:
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

That is really sad. I loved him in a lot of films, a really good actor.
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56749623/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1
-*:-
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

That's a shame. Couldn't keep the drugs off him. I'll always remember him as Dusty from the movie "Twister". A very good actor. Also worth mentioning that another Oscar winner Maximilian Schell just died as well.

good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

DOSBoot wrote:Also worth mentioning that another Oscar winner Maximilian Schell just died as well.

Another one-time Oscar winner, for Judgement at Nuremberg. The only film which I remember watching with Schell was disaster-movie Deep Impact (it's Armageddon but with a comet!). I'm guessing it's one of his much less notable performances, but he was good, got crushed by the megatsunami towards the end if anyone remembers.

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

good_Ralf wrote:
DOSBoot wrote:Also worth mentioning that another Oscar winner Maximilian Schell just died as well.

Another one-time Oscar winner, for Judgement at Nuremberg. The only film which I remember watching with Schell was disaster-movie Deep Impact (it's Armageddon but with a comet!). I'm guessing it's one of his much less notable performances, but he was good, got crushed by the megatsunami towards the end if anyone remembers.

Yeah that was a good role for him. Another good sci-fi movie he was in was "The Black Hole". An underrated Disney film. A couple other good movies he was in was "Cross of Iron", and "A Bridge Too Far". Both classic war movies if you ever get to see them. And of course, the 1961 version of "Hamlet", which got the MST3K treatment.

Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
eurobrun wrote:I actually have only watched 1 movie this year, and then I only went because a girl I like invited me to go.

And what film was that? Hopefully it wasn't that shite Dustbin Beaver one!

Oh, and how about naming this the Driven Movie Thread? After the most rejectful movie of all time

Um, if you looked at our site's review, driven is actually not a bad popcorn flick.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Sonic 06 wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
eurobrun wrote:I actually have only watched 1 movie this year, and then I only went because a girl I like invited me to go.

And what film was that? Hopefully it wasn't that shite Dustbin Beaver one!

Oh, and how about naming this the Driven Movie Thread? After the most rejectful movie of all time

Um, if you looked at our site's review, driven is actually not a bad popcorn flick.

That, and I've seen way.....way worse movies than "Driven". (Even racing themed ones.) Someone earlier suggested calling it "The Tommy Wiseau Movie Thread". I quite like that. So I'm changing it to that.

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

DOSBoot wrote:That, and I've seen way.....way worse movies than "Driven". (Even racing themed ones.) Someone earlier suggested calling it "The Tommy Wiseau Movie Thread". I quite like that. So I'm changing it to that.

Why Tommy Wiseau? What was so rejectful about him?
DOSBoot

Re: The Tommy Wiseau Movie Thread

Post by DOSBoot »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
DOSBoot wrote:That, and I've seen way.....way worse movies than "Driven". (Even racing themed ones.) Someone earlier suggested calling it "The Tommy Wiseau Movie Thread". I quite like that. So I'm changing it to that.

Have you ever seen "The Room"?

Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

DOSBoot wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

Unfortunately not many people have.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I think it should either be the Jack and Jill or Adam Sandler movie thread when you consider that that movie swept EVERY CATERGORY at the 2011 Razzies and Adam Sandler looks like he's on the wane. But hey if Tommy Wiseau is what you want then that's fine.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I think it should either be the Jack and Jill or Adam Sandler movie thread when you consider that that movie swept EVERY CATERGORY at the 2011 Razzies and Adam Sandler looks like he's on the wane. But hey if Tommy Wiseau is what you want then that's fine.

Trust me, watch "The Room", and you'll be begging for those later Adam Sandler movies back.

shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I think it should either be the Jack and Jill or Adam Sandler movie thread when you consider that that movie swept EVERY CATERGORY at the 2011 Razzies and Adam Sandler looks like he's on the wane. But hey if Tommy Wiseau is what you want then that's fine.

You must be kidding aren't you.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:No I'm not

Ha, I remember laughing my head off when they won all the awards. And I remember seeing an ad for the movie and thinking, "jeez, this movie looks stupid." I pinned it right on the head. :lol:

Though I'm very surprised Movie 43 won the worst picture razzie and not After Earth. (God, what a clunker!)
Trulli bad puns...
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Aerospeed wrote:Though I'm very surprised Movie 43 won the worst picture razzie and not After Earth. (God, what a clunker!)

Judging from the cast that "Movie 43" had, they should have known better.

OsellaFA1L

Post by OsellaFA1L »

I can't stand Jaden Smith personally. He only has a career because of his famous dad despite lacking any real talent of his own. And the less said about his brain-numbing twitter presence the better.
RIP Jules Bianchi

Only Bernie could pay his way out of a bribery court case
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

DOSBoot wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

Although I must admit I'm not a huge fan of all threads being called "The [tangential reference] [actual subject] thread", I 200% approve of the movie thread being named in honour of Tommy Wiseau.

He is the film equivalent of "And what is Deletraz doing?!?"

Actually, he takes "And what is Deletraz doing?!?" and turns it up to 11 ... in every scene of The Room.
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

Glad to hear the title is Enoch approved. :D Thank Biscione for the idea. If it wasn't for him, I most likely would NAUGHT have used it. ;)

Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

Looking at those Razzie nomination and award lists, I must say that a good idea has been ruined. Every year, they seem to give the worst actress award to a man in drag. While this may have been somewhat funny at first, the joke has got old very fast.

As for the other awards, the whole thing seems to be their attempt to be cool, giving a dozen awards to movies that one has to hate not to be ridiculed, e.g. Twilight and its sequels. I saw a bit of the first film in the series, and while it wasn't a masterpiece, I have seen movies that were a lot worse (and I am not ashamed to admit this). This kind of bandwagon hate for a film, singer or anything else, also often shown by the Razzies, is really ridiculous. This sheep mentality only adds to my respect for the works involved, regardless of how bad they are. :roll:
Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

DOSBoot wrote:
Sonic 06 wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:And what film was that? Hopefully it wasn't that shite Dustbin Beaver one!

That, and I've seen way.....way worse movies than "Driven". (Even racing themed ones.) Someone earlier suggested calling it "The Tommy Wiseau Movie Thread". I quite like that. So I'm changing it to that.

1. True, Also does anyone think that driven has a good soundtrack, which is one of the few good things about that film? (where can i find the OST?)
2. Anyone heard about need for speed, the latest rejectful video-game-to-film conversion?
3. NFS was distributed by Disney. Speaking of disney and video game movies, i wonder when will they stop faffing about and adapt kingdom hearts into a movie or TV series?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Sonic 06 wrote:2. Anyone heard about need for speed, the latest rejectful video-game-to-film conversion?

Considering it appears to be plastered over many billboards and sides of buses over here, I'm not sure if I have or not... :roll:
MCard LOLA
Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

dr-baker wrote:
Sonic 06 wrote:2. Anyone heard about need for speed, the latest rejectful video-game-to-film conversion?

Considering it appears to be plastered over many billboards and sides of buses over here, I'm not sure if I have or not... :roll:

Just saw it on a bus.

also how come no one has replied earlier?
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Sonic 06 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Just saw it on a bus.

The thing is, no one actually had to reply. Replying to someone's post is optional, not necessary.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

go_Rubens wrote:
Sonic 06 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Considering it appears to be plastered over many billboards and sides of buses over here, I'm not sure if I have or not... :roll:

Just saw it on a bus.

The thing is, no one actually had to reply. Replying to someone's post is optional, not necessary.

That, and perhaps nobody cares about the film? Even in the games thread, nobody seems to talk about the Need For Speed games much. And games-to-film movies tend to flop a bit. It's not that we don't care about you (probably), it's just the topic matter. With practice and reading around the forum more, you'll find out more about what people enjoy discussing, and then join in with those topics. You'll soon get the hang of it. One thread I started (here) has had just 208 replies in the space of more than 1250 days - about 1 post per 5 days on average. All because people are not replying quickly doesn't mean that they do not care necessarily, but just have nothing to add that day.
MCard LOLA
Sonic 06

Post by Sonic 06 »

Anyway back to movies.

Did you know that driven was made by franchise pictures, which had made an even worse movie the year before?

And the year after driven?

DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

I saw the Need for Speed movie not to long ago, and kind of enjoyed it. The plot, and characters were pretty bland, but the racing sequences were well done. Especially since they used real cars for the stunts, and crashes. Unlike in most movies were it would be CGI.

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I know everyone here by now knows of the legendary movie "The Room," for which the leading star Tommy Wiseau got this thread named after him due to his spectacularly memorable performance in that film. However, I do suggest at least a contender for the worst movie ever made - "The Black Ninja," another film written, directed and starred by the same guy, this time "martial arts expert" Clayton Prince.

I cannot find the correct words to describe how bad the film is, but the cinematography (which for me is usually an afterthought in any other film but in this case it cannot be ignored) is horrendously bad it defies all expectations. The plot makes little sense and the acting is incredibly stiff. Overall, the movie suffers all the bad problems at once, turning this film into a complete train wreck. I highly recommend it for those who enjoy the "So bad it's good" movie genre, or for those who simply enjoy watching complete cheese for a few minutes. This post cannot do this movie justice in explaining just how awful this film is. Use this as a cautionary benchmark. :lol:
Trulli bad puns...
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

They were mentioning this on the NBC Broadcast yesterday that James Garner, star of the racing classic "Grand Prix" just died. :( He was 86.

W12

Post by W12 »

DOSBoot wrote:They were mentioning this on the NBC Broadcast yesterday that James Garner, star of the racing classic "Grand Prix" just died. :( He was 86.
Terrible news :(

Rest in Peace, James.
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Lord Richard Attenborough has died. Didn't see much of him, but in Jurassic Park he was cool as the creator. Yet to see his greatest works such as Gandhi or Chaplin though.

RIP Richard.

DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

good_Ralf wrote:Lord Richard Attenborough has died. Didn't see much of him, but in Jurassic Park he was cool as the creator. Yet to see his greatest works such as Gandhi or Chaplin though.

RIP Richard.

That's a shame. Loved him in "Guns at Batasi". His work in "A Bridge to Far" is one of the most historically accurate war films that I have ever seen.

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Star Wars : The Force Awakens

You'd been doing so well up until now but, no, JJ. Just.....no.
Just For One Day...