F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - ROTY voting!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
AdrianSutil

Re: F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - ROTY voting!!!

Post by AdrianSutil »

Ataxia wrote:I think I'd best brush off these accusations of whatever with a full account of the facts here. No harm in revealing my plans to potential customers...

If you're after a contract, just drop me a PM and we can talk business. If you're not, then it's a shame but I'm not gonna go for the hard sell...

We've been running Bridgestone since our British F3 days and would like that to continue. So although this isn't a formal request for a contract, it still kinda is if you know what I mean. We'll talk more once the new season kicks into life.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Autosport wrote:GTRWC Series Boss Critical of F1RWRS Commission
GTRWC Series Boss Terrence Carter showed his displeasure for the current situation over the naming rights issue with the two F1RWRS races in Australia in a recent interview. The issue has arose when the name of the race at Mount Panorama, was changed to the New South Wales Grand Prix with the Australian Grand Prix moniker going to Adelaide. Event organisers from Bathurst have since began to refund ticket sales, which has sparked the issue with the GTRWC boss.

"With the tickets being refunded, all series that are taking part on that weekend are losing money. While the Bathurst Regional Council are fine with GTR and other series (RTCC) going, it's a big blow to us seeing a big part of our audience not making the trip because of the (F1RWRS) Commission not being able the right decision. In seven seasons, there have already been 33 different names for races (in the F1RWRS), whilst the series which is the main rival to the F1R (contemporary F1) has over 40 the span of 60 years. That should be seen as a potential warning to new races on the calendar of what they may be getting into."

Carter also confirmed that the GTRWC will still make the trip to Bathurst, even with the potential walk-out by the local fans.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Report: Fans "thrilled" of free Bathurst tickets, praise for GP organizers everywhere
According to a recent survey, apparently "100%" of Australian F1RWRS fans are happy that the Bathurst GP organizers (referred to as the New South Wales GP on the official calendar) have suddenly given away tickets to the race for free. Although the authenticity of the survey has been put into question, there is no doubt that there is lots of excitement from the fans as a result of the actions put by the organizers. "We're thrilled that we can get into the race for free," said a F1RWRS fan down the street of Adelaide. "Normally it costs ($400 CDN dollars) for us to go into the race, but this time around we can finally get there with no financial burden." The government was also quite pleased with the giveaway - the Ministry of Tourism released a statement saying that "the giveaway should boost tourism not only from people living in Australia, but also from those living all around the world. And to be honest, it was a bloody good idea to begin with."
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Report: Fans "thrilled" of free Bathurst tickets, praise for GP organizers everywhere
According to a recent survey, apparently "100%" of Australian F1RWRS fans are happy that the Bathurst GP organizers (referred to as the New South Wales GP on the official calendar) have suddenly given away tickets to the race for free. Although the authenticity of the survey has been put into question, there is no doubt that there is lots of excitement from the fans as a result of the actions put by the organizers. "We're thrilled that we can get into the race for free," said a F1RWRS fan down the street of Adelaide. "Normally it costs ($400 CDN dollars) for us to go into the race, but this time around we can finally get there with no financial burden." The government was also quite pleased with the giveaway - the Ministry of Tourism released a statement saying that "the giveaway should boost tourism not only from people living in Australia, but also from those living all around the world. And to be honest, it was a bloody good idea to begin with."

A group of enraged taxpayers, reading at the news, wrote:But they forget that we, the taxpayers, still have to PAY FOR THIS S**T! Our hard-earned and hard-paid money should be invested on something useful! Like, pollution and education stuff! :evil:

(Sorry, just had to. Because I know taxpayers won't be pleased on this :lol:)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

FMecha wrote:
A group of enraged taxpayers, reading at the news, wrote:But they forget that we, the taxpayers, still have to PAY FOR THIS S**T! Our hard-earned and hard-paid money should be invested on something useful! Like, pollution and education stuff! :evil:

(Sorry, just had to. Because I know taxpayers won't be pleased on this :lol:)

Mate, you are in the completely wrong country :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

I have good and bad news;

Bad news first: The motherboard of my PC has broken. So no old PC; Good news is I have ready the new PC, and that the old Hard Drive is safe and works correctly.
But, I don't know if it's possible to extract files in any way from the old Virtual PC install. But the worse it could happen is that I'd have to reinstall GP2 completely on this new computer (+ Virtual PC, Video Plugins to broadcast and so on)...
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Aerond wrote:I have good and bad news;

Bad news first: The motherboard of my PC has broken. So no old PC; Good news is I have ready the new PC, and that the old Hard Drive is safe and works correctly.
But, I don't know if it's possible to extract files in any way from the old Virtual PC install. But the worse it could happen is that I'd have to reinstall GP2 completely on this new computer (+ Virtual PC, Video Plugins to broadcast and so on)...

Do you still have the performance files?
For the gp2.exe file itself I could send you a copy of mine.
Trulli bad puns...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Aerond wrote:I have good and bad news;

AFAIK Virtual PC installs are pretty much simulated hard disk drives and act individually of the program. So moving the VHD from your old HDD to the new one and then booting it up in a new Virtual PC install should work perfectly.

Jarno Toivonen wrote:What's all this arguing about F1RWRS GP naming? Have one race in each country, just like us in the IFRC. Makes everything much easier.

Paul Hamburger wrote:I believe we have already revealed before that Pirelli F1RWRS tyres will cost 160 credits per season for each team. Only 80 if you sign for two seasons or more!
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Actually Aerond, can't you just run GP2 in DOSBox? If you set the core to dynamic (in dosbox.conf) and extract your GP2 data to the physical HDD (use WinImage) and auto-mount the folder containing the extracted data (in dosbox.conf) you can just run it way better than in Virtual PC.

Mecha Grand Prix, by the way, has, provisionally, signed a two-year tyre contract with Pirelli, budgets pending. :)

TMLW, blame NationStates for that. Although I think it is true that every country has angry taxpayers everywhere :lol:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

What Foxdale would like to know is how much Dunlop tyres are going to cost...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

dr-baker wrote:What Foxdale would like to know is how much Dunlop tyres are going to cost...

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:
dr-baker wrote:What Foxdale would like to know is how much Dunlop tyres are going to cost...

150 a year, or for a two year contract? And what does that mean for the MRT-Dunlop works deal?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Wizzie wrote:
Aerond wrote:

150 a year, or for a two year contract? And what does that mean for the MRT-Dunlop works deal?

Both, I guess...a one year deal is the asking price, and a two-year deal adds up to half that price per year.

Of course, the Bridgestones are still cheaper...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Ataxia wrote:
Wizzie wrote:150 a year, or for a two year contract? And what does that mean for the MRT-Dunlop works deal?

Both, I guess...a one year deal is the asking price, and a two-year deal adds up to half that price per year.

Michelins are even cheaper!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Ataxia wrote:
Wizzie wrote:150 a year, or for a two year contract? And what does that mean for the MRT-Dunlop works deal?

We'd rather stump up the extra cost to get Dunlops for 2016, as all the money from the contract goes straight into their development budget :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

So cheap, you'll save enough money to pay for the funeral caused by the godawful quality of our tyres! Yeah!
FORZA PIRELLI
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Goodyears,meanwhile,are offering tyres of supreme pace in racing conditions while also providing a decent amount of qualifying pace,all yours for 120 credits,a whole 5 credits cheaper than Bridgestone and a whopping 30 credits less than Dunlop tyres.

At least that's what I remember setting my stats to...I may have forgotten to save my stats on tyres...
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Any news on Continental?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

tommykl wrote:Any news on Continental?

Continental aren't coming back. The tyre choices are Michelin, Pirelli, Goodyear, Dunlop, Bridgestone, and Goodride (Goodride being the free tyre supplier).
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

In that case, I think Goodyears are the better option. Financially, I should take Goodrides, but I'm allowed some dignity, I think.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Bridgestone are looking for a minimum of 4-6 customers for next season. We've got three having declared interest, and to ensure that we get the best tyres we need to look at another few teams.

We invite all 2015 Bridgestone-supplied teams to join us, but more are certainly welcome. I'm not greatly pleased that we're so close in price to the Goodyears, but I'm confident we have a tyre that's a lot more of an all-rounder than they do.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Foxdale assume that you get what you pay for, and due to their longstanding arrangement with Dunlop, are looking to sign a multi-year contract with them...

(We are doing all the negociation for tyre supplies via this thread, aren't we? It's how I would prefer to operate...)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Ataxia wrote:Bridgestone are looking for a minimum of 4-6 customers for next season. We've got three having declared interest, and to ensure that we get the best tyres we need to look at another few teams.

We invite all 2015 Bridgestone-supplied teams to join us, but more are certainly welcome. I'm not greatly pleased that we're so close in price to the Goodyears, but I'm confident we have a tyre that's a lot more of an all-rounder than they do.

That's what Kingfisher Racing are hoping for. A solid all-rounder. We know where our pace will be immediately rather than having a faster qualifying/race tyre but poor in the other session.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

dr-baker wrote:Foxdale assume that you get what you pay for, and due to their longstanding arrangement with Dunlop, are looking to sign a multi-year contract with them...

(We are doing all the negociation for tyre supplies via this thread, aren't we? It's how I would prefer to operate...)

Dunlop are offering a two-year contract (so the price will be 75 credits per year). Also, due to being only 5th on the waiting list, I'll be most likely also controlling Dunlop in 2017.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Aerond, I would like to make an enquiry.

Under the new engine rules, is it possible for Prospec to use an in-house engine, as they did in the pre-2013 era? This could work in two ways

EITHER
Prospec would be one of the 10 manufacturers and operate in exactly the same way as the other 9 (but I would only have them supplying the Prospec team)
OR
Prospec would be an 11th manufacturer falling outside the jurisdiction of the other 10 but obeying their conventions, that is, no more than 4 upgrades per season, to be decided by you.

This would also make Prospec a factory team.

By way of clarification, I would be happy to let you set the performance stats of the engine, and the price. Although the cost would of course be for development and manufacturing rather than simply purchasing the engines.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

HRT are considering using Bridgestone, but I'm going to wait until the final budgets are confirmed before I make a decision.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:HRT are considering using Bridgestone, but I'm going to wait until the final budgets are confirmed before I make a decision.

Ditto for ArrowTech. I have a feeling that we got shortchanged with the Mad Uncle's accounting...
Trulli bad puns...
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

I would like to agree with Warren Hughes' proposal of having Prospec back also as an engine manufacturer.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

If the price (and power) is right I wouldn't mind giving Prospec engines a shot... :)
Trulli bad puns...
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

JeremyMcClean wrote:If the price (and power) is right I wouldn't mind giving Prospec engines a shot... :)

I would be unlikely to provide Prospec engines to any other team in the first year - unless I get a healthy financial incentive to do so (ie a fair proportion of the price of the engines goes into my team's budget)
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Warren Hughes wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:If the price (and power) is right I wouldn't mind giving Prospec engines a shot... :)

I would be unlikely to provide Prospec engines to any other team in the first year - unless I get a healthy financial incentive to do so (ie a fair proportion of the price of the engines goes into my team's budget)

Yeah, right. In that case, I'll check Gilles Simon's phone number from my phonebook. AeroPower Engineering is born!

I was being sarcastic, BTW.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Can somebody count ROTY votes for me please??
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Warren Hughes wrote:Aerond, I would like to make an enquiry.

Under the new engine rules, is it possible for Prospec to use an in-house engine, as they did in the pre-2013 era? This could work in two ways

EITHER
Prospec would be one of the 10 manufacturers and operate in exactly the same way as the other 9 (but I would only have them supplying the Prospec team)
OR
Prospec would be an 11th manufacturer falling outside the jurisdiction of the other 10 but obeying their conventions, that is, no more than 4 upgrades per season, to be decided by you.

This would also make Prospec a factory team.

By way of clarification, I would be happy to let you set the performance stats of the engine, and the price. Although the cost would of course be for development and manufacturing rather than simply purchasing the engines.

I'll add Prospec as a manufacturer if you wish.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:Can somebody count ROTY votes for me please??

Give me a few minutes and Mad Uncle's Dodgy Accounting service will be more than happy to do it :P

Speaking of which, have you double-checked my dodgy financial estimates yet?

EDIT: The ROTY results are in, and they are as shown below:

1. Daniel Melrose: 19 points - 200 credits to be split between HRT and Simpson (presumably)
2. HRT: 14 points - 100 credits
3. Sunshine: 12 points - 50 credits

4. Dofasco: 6 points
5. DGNgineering: 5 points
=6. Kay Lon: 4 points
=6. Douglas Mann: 4 points
=8. Mitchell Macklin: 3 points
=8. Shinobu Katayama: 3 points
=10. Sammy Jones: 1 point
=10. Ron Mignolet: 1 point
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Wizzie wrote:

Give me a few minutes and Mad Uncle's Dodgy Accounting service will be more than happy to do it :P

No, not yet; crazy week again (at least me and my sister are making some money with the business); but shouldn't take long.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Aerond wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

No, not yet; crazy week again (at least me and my sister are making some money with the business); but shouldn't take long.

Ah, fair enough mate. Gives me more time to finally get my lazy arse to sorting out the F2RWRS for this season. :lol:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Autosprint wrote:RWRS All Stars to face off against Standard Liège as part of centenary celebrations

Alessandro Linari has confirmed an all-star football friendly will go ahead during the centenary week of F1RWRS at Spa-Francorchamps, with members of the RWRS paddock facing off against a select group of former Liège stars.

Already signed up to the "home" team are former players Michaël Goossens and Jean-Francois Gillet, with more names for both sides to be added in the coming months before the event.

"It's something I've been hoping to do for a while," said Linari. "This was the right moment to host such an event. It will add another special something to the celebrations of F1RWRS' 100th race, with legendary racers facing off against legendary footballers. It will be a great occasion for everyone."

Signups aren't open yet. But, I'm hoping that if some Belgian drivers from RWRS sign up they'll be placed in the Standard squad, so there can be another 11 slots left in the RWRS All Stars Team.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Stramala wrote:
Autosprint wrote:RWRS All Stars to face off against Standard Liège as part of centenary celebrations

Alessandro Linari has confirmed an all-star football friendly will go ahead during the centenary week of F1RWRS at Spa-Francorchamps, with members of the RWRS paddock facing off against a select group of former Liège stars.

Already signed up to the "home" team are former players Michaël Goossens and Jean-Francois Gillet, with more names for both sides to be added in the coming months before the event.

"It's something I've been hoping to do for a while," said Linari. "This was the right moment to host such an event. It will add another special something to the celebrations of F1RWRS' 100th race, with legendary racers facing off against legendary footballers. It will be a great occasion for everyone."

Signups aren't open yet. But, I'm hoping that if some Belgian drivers from RWRS sign up they'll be placed in the Standard squad, so there can be another 11 slots left in the RWRS All Stars Team.

You can count my belgians in.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

This wrote:
Stramala wrote:

And mine. All five of them if you want.

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

tommykl wrote:
This wrote:
Stramala wrote:RWRS All Stars to face off against Standard Liège as part of centenary celebrations

And mine. All five of them if you want.

Well, not Van Dycke, (s)he is a KV Oostende fan. But other than that, you can have them, all 2 of them! I would also advice to do a mud-football match with the female FRWRS drivers ;)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!