Your Reject of the Race - Singapore!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
dr-baker

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Singapore!

Post by dr-baker »

Very few seem to have mentioned Rrrmmnn Grrrjjjnnn - retired after 3 laps, already complaining about the breaks, having also complained about them in practice. But I reckon to a bit of a comspiracy here - when the FIA passed down their sentance last week, did they insist that the no. 2 Renault had to retire within a few laps to ensure that the new regime could not fix this race? Yet Alonso still managed to get Renault's 1st podium of the year...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
hynee

Post by hynee »

dr-baker wrote:Very few seem to have mentioned Rrrmmnn Grrrjjjnnn - retired after 3 laps, already complaining about the breaks, having also complained about them in practice.

Good call, I feel if a guy can't get on top of his brakes, it's back to the little leagues for him. Maybe there was a problem with his set or the compound, but I doubt it, they could tell from telemetry. He couldn't drive the race because he couldn't use his brakes. That's a reject performance worthy of the ages.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

AllAmericanReject wrote:I guess he was found guilty of not driving a Ferrari.

That conspiracy theory is SO 2008... :)
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

dr-baker wrote:Very few seem to have mentioned Rrrmmnn Grrrjjjnnn - retired after 3 laps, already complaining about the breaks, having also complained about them in practice. But I reckon to a bit of a comspiracy here - when the FIA passed down their sentance last week, did they insist that the no. 2 Renault had to retire within a few laps to ensure that the new regime could not fix this race?

No.
Jordan192

Post by Jordan192 »

Arguably a more plausible CT for Grosjean would be a money-related start & park, given the sponsorship they just lost.

However, I think it was just a straight up brake calibration problem (Calipers not pushing hard enough in qually, not releasing properly in the race), given that no amount of driver abuse (short of riding the pedal constantly, and he's not that bad) is going to overheat them in three laps.
I coined the term "Lewisteria". The irony is that I actually quite like Lewis Hamilton.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jordan192 wrote:given that no amount of driver abuse (short of riding the pedal constantly, and he's not that bad) is going to overheat them in three laps.

My thoughts exactly. But why couldn't the brakes be sorted? They are all professional, having done the job for years, other than Grosjean...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
rffp

Post by rffp »

For all the reasons already mentioned, my vote is for Adrian Sutil.
A fan of Roberto Pupo Moreno, the one and only, the legend!
Imrryr

Post by Imrryr »

@Captain Hammer - I'll be happy to eat my words regarding Alguersuari! But since I don't rank Buemi particularly highly either, that tends to further cloud my opinion of Jaime. Let's hope that his lack of race pace yesterday had something to do with his gearbox problem, because he was 1.8 seconds off of Buemi's fastest lap (and that's dangerously close to Badoer territory).
chrismcn

Post by chrismcn »

My ROTR is the circuit. Its not as bad Valencia but its no Monte Carlo either.

If there hadn't been all the hooha last week there would be no contest.

My question for 2010 is with Max, Flav, Ron all out the door there will be no distractions. On no what a hideous thought we are going to have to start watching the racing as Lewis Hamilton cruises round from poll to chequered flag. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Trulli. He was dead slow, as has been lately, in a race where his team mate was arguably the brightest shining star. Glock might have saved his career yesterday, Trulli might have put his own to rest in the same race.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Jack O Malley

Post by Jack O Malley »

CarlosFerreira wrote:Trulli. He was dead slow, as has been lately, in a race where his team mate was arguably the brightest shining star. Glock might have saved his career yesterday, Trulli might have put his own to rest in the same race.

I heard from the italian commentary that Trulli was not feeling well and had fever, so maybe his poor performance was due to this.
They also said that Grosjean was suffering from a sort of intestinal flu, so when I saw him retire after just 3 laps I feared the worst :? :D
Sorry guys, I had a little outing.
Ulfuls

Post by Ulfuls »

Jack O Malley wrote:They also said that Grosjean was suffering from a sort of intestinal flu, so when I saw him retire after just 3 laps I feared the worst :? :D

There have been a few drivers who have driven whole races with a helmet full of vomit... Can't think of who they are at the moment. If it's not that it's burned buttocks from your arse bumping along the tarmac at 200 mph...

(note high-tech visual effects)
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Ulfuls wrote:
Jack O Malley wrote:They also said that Grosjean was suffering from a sort of intestinal flu, so when I saw him retire after just 3 laps I feared the worst :? :D

There have been a few drivers who have driven whole races with a helmet full of vomit... Can't think of who they are at the moment. If it's not that it's burned buttocks from your arse bumping along the tarmac at 200 mph...

Webber did it once, I know that much.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Ulfuls wrote:

I reckon Mansell did a couple of times as well, and not just in F1 but Champ Cars as well...
MCard LOLA
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

dr-baker wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:
Ulfuls wrote:There have been a few drivers who have driven whole races with a helmet full of vomit... Can't think of who they are at the moment. If it's not that it's burned buttocks from your arse bumping along the tarmac at 200 mph...

I reckon Mansell did a couple of times as well, and not just in F1 but Champ Cars as well...

Are you sure that it wasn't Nige's whinging that caused you to vomit?
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I only seriously got into F1 in 1993/4, after the majority of Mansell's time in F1, so the whinging didn't really influence my opinion of him...
MCard LOLA
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

dr-baker wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

Plus he did famously get his arse burned by fuel leaking into the cockpit during his first F1 race.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Jack O Malley wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:Trulli. He was dead slow, as has been lately, in a race where his team mate was arguably the brightest shining star. Glock might have saved his career yesterday, Trulli might have put his own to rest in the same race.

I heard from the italian commentary that Trulli was not feeling well and had fever, so maybe his poor performance was due to this.
They also said that Grosjean was suffering from a sort of intestinal flu, so when I saw him retire after just 3 laps I feared the worst :? :D

Ooops, didn't know about any of that. If it turns out to be the case, of course he has an excuse.

On the subject, of vomiting inside the helmet, MotoGP's Casey Stoner did it this year in Jerez.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Paul Hayes wrote:I reckon Mansell did a couple of times as well, and not just in F1 but Champ Cars as well...

...Dennis Vitolo crashing into him in the 1994 Indy 500 when fuel from Vitolo's car leaked onto Mansell's. That was a weird incident because there were like two crashes after the yellow flag came out... and that was one of the wrecks that followed the yellow.

I seem to remember A.J. Foyt (while we're talking about CART) have burns on his back and behind during a few Indy 500s.

Captain Hammer wrote:I don't think Toro Rosso are deliberately withdrawing their cars because it's more cost-effective. If they did, the FIA would have their heads. And I can't see how it would be more cost-effective than finishing.

Less strain on the engines and parts. Following the race there wouldn't be as much mileage on them and a team could save the effort to replace or repair them for the next race. I'm not sure about tire bills in F1, but I know in NASCAR one guy only has enough money to run until his tires give out, and then he parks it. I'm just putting the Toro Rosso Start And Park Theory out there.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Paul Hayes wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
thehemogoblin wrote:

Plus he did famously get his arse burned by fuel leaking into the cockpit during his first F1 race.

I thought that was the case, that Mansell both vomited and had burnt buttocks in various races... but not at the same time as far as I'm aware...
MCard LOLA
Ulfuls

Post by Ulfuls »

dr-baker wrote:
various wrote:
vomit...buttocks...Mansell...buttocks

I thought that was the case, that Mansell both vomited and had burnt buttocks in various races... but not at the same time as far as I'm aware...

So it's Mansell in the lead for the Bodily Indignity Championship then...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

hynee wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Very few seem to have mentioned Rrrmmnn Grrrjjjnnn - retired after 3 laps, already complaining about the breaks, having also complained about them in practice.

Good call, I feel if a guy can't get on top of his brakes, it's back to the little leagues for him. Maybe there was a problem with his set or the compound, but I doubt it, they could tell from telemetry. He couldn't drive the race because he couldn't use his brakes. That's a reject performance worthy of the ages.

I think it's difficult to judge how bad/good Grrrjjjnnn is considering he's driving "THE DREADED SECOND RENAULT". It wouldn't surprise if Renault revealed that their second car was just a Flintstones-style rolling chassis propelled my the driver running.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

watka wrote:I think it's difficult to judge how bad/good Grrrjjjnnn is considering he's driving "THE DREADED SECOND RENAULT". It wouldn't surprise if Renault revealed that their second car was just a Flintstones-style rolling chassis propelled my the driver running.

At least, the 2nd Renault got a real Renault engine, unlike the 2nd Alan Shoe Spammer F1 Rejects Racing Life that as rumour has it, would have only gotten a CD of Formula 1 engine sounds as F1 Rejects Racing only could get their hands on only ONE of the Life W 12 powerplants - having received minor burns in the process. But as we all know, F1 Rejects Racing never made the entry list.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Possible late entry for reject of the race?

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 1150.shtml

FIA speed measurements potentially ruining the championship fight!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

There's not much they'd be able to do about it. They wouldn't be able to prove it would have made a difference if it had been working properly; after all, Vettel's car started falling apart.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

This is true as far as Sebastian's race goes; however it could change the future standard of penalty distribution for the better.