rFAF1 1980: SEASON OVER

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: rFAF1 1980 - USGP live now!!

Post by pasta_maldonado »

The US GP will take place tonight, at approximately 8:00 PM BST (British Summer Time, GMT +1), with live commentary as always in the F1Rejects IRC chat channel.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

In a discussion with AxelP800 about the prospect of using Mondello Park for LGPS, it was revealed that the International extension wasn't built until 1998. So you have only two layouts available in 1980: Short and National, of which National is the longest... at 1.867 kilometers :P . Just a heads up to reduce any possible historical inaccuracies.

Also, the F1C version of this track (which is clearly an rFactor conversion) has a major problem: the lap counter does not work when exiting the pitlane, so anyone pitting during a race is set a lap down on everyone else. I'd recommend you test this as soon as possible to avoid any controversy, given that the Irish GP is quite soon on the calendar. Axel managed to fix this on F1C, so if the problem exists on rFactor as well, you could try the same fix.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

How about we just handwave it and say the international extension in RWRS-canon was built for 1980 purely to accomodate F1 in the wake of Kevin-mania?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Nuppiz wrote:. So you have only two layouts available in 1980: Short and National, of which National is the longest... at 1.867 kilometers :P . Just a heads up to reduce any possible historical inaccuracies.

If we don't race on Short Klon rio-, eh, I mean bitches online. :lol:
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Nuppiz wrote:Image

In a discussion with AxelP800 about the prospect of using Mondello Park for LGPS, it was revealed that the International extension wasn't built until 1998. So you have only two layouts available in 1980: Short and National, of which National is the longest... at 1.867 kilometers :P . Just a heads up to reduce any possible historical inaccuracies.

Also, the F1C version of this track (which is clearly an rFactor conversion) has a major problem: the lap counter does not work when exiting the pitlane, so anyone pitting during a race is set a lap down on everyone else. I'd recommend you test this as soon as possible to avoid any controversy, given that the Irish GP is quite soon on the calendar. Axel managed to fix this on F1C, so if the problem exists on rFactor as well, you could try the same fix.

Thank you for that Nuppiz, I'll test it tonight. I've decided that IrelNd, in the wake of Kevin mania, managed to construct the international extension, but in doing so effectively bankrupted the circuit owners and therefore the track will disappear off the calendar for '82.

Also, massive apologies for the complete lack of updates. As you all know it's exam time, and rFAF1 requires quite a bit of work, so I haven't had the time to get round to it. Expect updates from the 25th of June, the day after my last exam when I can devote more time to this and to RTCC. Thanks, and sorry again for the delays!

In the meantime, the US GP was run before the hiatus, and the results can be found on the wiki. In effect, Williams scored a 1-2, with super sub Gauthier leading home Scheckter , with both Lotuses retiring, and Perkins third.

Could you all please post any driver changes for the Canadian Grand Prix, the next round. Gauthier will be going back to McLaren a d McAllister will be back at Williams, but that's the only confirmed change.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Well well well...two races, two times Voeckler has finished ahead of Bellof...interesting.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Thank you for that Nuppiz, I'll test it tonight. I've decided that IrelNd, in the wake of Kevin mania, managed to construct the international extension, but in doing so effectively bankrupted the circuit owners and therefore the track will disappear off the calendar for '82.

Right. Well LGPS will only use the National section in 1993, but this gives me a good way to explain the existence of access roads for the International section - it simply fell into disrepair after the bankruptcy and wasn't properly restored until 1998. :)

I'm using a similar storyline for Zandvoort - there's access roads from the Club circuit to the full circuit, but in 1992 it was still under construction so they're only there to provide roads for the construction equipment.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: rFactor Alternate F1 1980

1980 United States Grand Prix / Cleveland Burke Lakefront Airport / Waether: Scorching / 8th June 1980

First of all, apologies for this being so late (blame exams) and also apologies for this being a short review, as it's been so long I've shamefully forgotten most of the action. Sorry.

Pre-race

Due to Callum McAllister's minor injury last time out in Dijon, up and coming Frenchman Guilliame Gauthier has been drafted in to fill his seat at Williams. The vacant seat at McLaren will be taken by Derek Warwick, who impressed in testing.

Arrows management has finally had enough of Riccardo Patrese, with the Italian being benched in favour of German rookie Olivier Kunz

Niki Lauda has been given the sack by Audi; the veteran Austrian has been let out to pasture in favour of German Jochen Mass, who failed to get a seat last year.

Qualifying

Jody Scheckter took an impressive pole by 6 tenths ahead of new team mate Gauthier, the South Afircan racking up his second pole of the season, and in doing so ensuring himself the best chance of closing the gap at the front of the championship to the two Lotii. A task made easier by the off-colour qualifying session from the Essex-liveried machines. Alan Jones managed a respectable fourth, behind JPJ, but Harvey could only manage 14th! A great performance from Fittipaldi put him in 5th, ahead of the two Brabhams, Villeneuve, and the ever-impressive Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler.

Further down the grid, Andretti couldn't seem to get it together in the Merzario, with strong sessions for JLD and Arrows, Laffite was off-colour, and the Monaco Messiah Thomas Nurmester dragging the Osella kicking and screaming all the way up to 22nd place! It was a great session for Osella, with Stohr also making the grid! Somehow, Rene Arnoux could only mange 26th place on the grid, with Villeneuve managing to get into the top 10, and Deyan Rangelov makes his second successive F1 start on the bounce. O'Connell sneaked onto the gird for the first time since Monaco, Nicchi had a 'mare in 29th, with Davey Clarke being the last man to take the start. Rossler, Ghinzani, Pironi, Surer, Prost, Mansell, Daly, Lammers, de Cesaris, and Brancatelli all failed to qualify, with RAM still evidently struggling to get any sort of performance out of their Hart engines

Race / 66 laps

The first 10 of the 66 laps proved to be the most entertaining. Scheckter made a decent start, but Gauthier had a cracking getaway, and was alongisde the South African into the first corner. Gauthier leaped down the inside and into the lead; if anyone had told him to keep back he'd ignored them, as he barged Scheckter out of his way, allowing, JPJ through into 2nd! At the back, things were kicking off; Padraig O'Connell outbraked himself and clattered into Arnoux, putting both men out on the spot. And if that wasnt bad enough, Padraig pulled off the track in front of Davey Clarke, who had nowhere to go and speared the Rebaque, putting him out of the race too!

Jean-Pierre Jabouille couldn't keep Scheckter behind for long, with their positions being reversed by the time they came across the line, and Peter Brock fancied a look at Emerson Fittipaldi. But like O'Connell, the Aussie misjudged everything completely, and clattered into the back of the Merzario! The pair crawled back to the pits minus a front and rear wing respectively, and were a lap down by the time they re-emerged.

Laffite and Andretti's engines cried enough before the lap counter reached 6, in disappointing weekends for them. Williams still had a 1-2, with Jean-Pieere Jabouille 3rd ahead of Jones and Perkins. However, Peter Brock had rejoined in front of them, and refused to be lapped. In scenes reminiscent of Horford's antics at Monaco, Brock did all he could to make his car wider than a 747 and to keep the trio behind. His behaviour was bound to result in tears for someone, and unfortunately for Brock that someone was him - on lap 12 he pushed too hard an ended up in the wall, race over.

By this time the race had settled down, with Gauthier leading Scheckter, JPJ, Perkins, and Alan Jones. This is the way it would stay to the flag; Scheckter got close but never close enough to take the lead, Perkins managed to pip JPJ for the final podium position, and both Lotuses succumbed to mechanical gremlins for a change.

Ed Kevin had a strong race, with 5th place being his reward, and Reutemann made it a double points finish for Renault, despite being a lap down. Shadow finished 7th and 8th, Brancatelli notched up a valuable finish for the reliability-struck Restov team, and Rangelov finished 10th for the second time in a row. JLD recorded a double finish, and Thomas Nurmester came home 14th, ahead of Fittipaldi, who also took fastest lap. Siegfried Sthor was prevented from finishing last by the lacklustre McLaren of Warwick.

Driver's Championship

Scheckter's 2nd place allows him to move closer to the front of the standings, and Perkins leapfrogs McAllister but aside from that not much has changed at the sharp end of the table. Gauthier leaps to 6th with an emphatic win.

1. Alan Jones - 37
2. Harvey Jones - 31
3. Larry Perkins - 23
4. Callum McAllister - 22
5. Jody Scheckter - 19
6. Guilliame Gauthier - 14
7. Jean-Pierre Jabouille - 13
= Edward Kevin - 13
9. Nelson Piquet - 12
10 Jacques Laffite - 8
11. Mario Andretti - 7
12. Stefan Bellof - 6
13. Carlos Reutemann - 5
14. Rene Arnoux - 3
= Peter Brock - 3
= Padraig O'Connell - 3
17. Jan Lammers - 2
= Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler - 2
= Thomas Nurmester - 2

Constructor's Championship

Williams get closer to Lotus, and Brabham, Renault, and Ligier build their scores; but the positions remain the same

1. Lotus-Renault -64
2. Williams-Honda - 51
3. Brabham-Renault - 38
4. Ligier-Talbot - 21
5. Renault - 18
6. Shadow-Ford - 8
7. Merzario-Lamborghini - 7
8. McLaren-Ford - 4
9. Ferrari - 3
10. Rebaque-Ford - 3
11. RAM-Ferrari - 2
= Osella-Alfa - 2
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 25 Jun 2013, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
Salamander

Re: rFactor Alternate F1 1980 - US GP results up!

Post by Salamander »

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:Zis was a fantastique race! I knew it would be 'ard to beat Jody, he iz very quick, but, uh, I focused on making the car fast for ze race and got a good start, and once I passed 'im I just focused on being easy with ze car. I want to thank M. Williams, M. Mayer, and M. Dennis for all allowing me to be here, zis is ze best day of my life!
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Andretti has 8 points but Merzario only has 7. Whut?

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Stramala wrote:Andretti has 8 points but Merzario only has 7. Whut?

Pasta maths strikes again!!! Andretti should have 7 points.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

Ah damn, shouldn't have said anything! Oh well, that's what I get for trying to get Merzario and extra point on the board... :|

Image Image
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

Well you should've done well in the GCSE's then :P

Nice to actually get a finish, if we can finish a race of attrition, points are on the cards
TORA! TORA! TORA!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Well you should've done well in the GCSE's then :P

Somehow I got an A in maths :P
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:Well you should've done well in the GCSE's then :P

Somehow I got an A in maths :P

Fair play :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Valentino Nicchi wrote:Gah! I was on for a good finish until my gearbox failed. Although with Gianfranco finishing it's nice to see some progress being made with reliability.
Trump 2016
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Enzo Osella wrote:Happy for both cars qualifying and finishing. Unfortunately points require many more retirements than this.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Teddy Mayer wrote:LAST?! DNQ?! WHAT THE BATHPLUG IS THIS?! WHAT THE BATHPLUG?! AND GAUTHIER WINS THE RACE FOR WILLIAMS?! Well,all credit to him and at least I know I have race winning potential on my team,BUT STILL WHY IS WARWICK BLOODY LAST?! AND DALY WITH A BATHPLUGGING DNQ?! DIDN'T I SIGN YOU UP TO HELP THIS TEAM,DENNIS?!

Ron Dennis wrote:Calm down,Mr. Mayer.At least we have knowledge that Mr. Gauthier has high potential for succes with McLaren in the near future.But do take note that this is Derek Warwick's debut race,and to outqualify his prestiged teammate in a miracoulous fashion is something unheard of before in McLaren since Daly pulled off that same extreme feat in Dijon last year. Although Daly did not perform as expected,we can still look forward to the next race as a morale booster with Gauthier back.Do be assured that Project 4 will help McLaren,and to help this currently ailing team,we will be using technology never before seen to develop our 1981 challenger for the world title.

Also,pasta,you might want to check on how to spell weather. ;)
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Did I mention on the chat that I wanted to hire Guillaume Gauthier for 1981? Or is he legally bound to McLaren?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Phoenix wrote:Did I mention on the chat that I wanted to hire Guillaume Gauthier for 1981? Or is he legally bound to McLaren?

I believe you already did, though it'd probably be best to formally announce that here. Either way, Guillaume Gauthier is available for 1981, and although he is very thankful to McLaren, he is very interested in racing for Williams.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

La Gazzetta Dello Sport wrote:Renewal of Andretti almost certain

Rumours indicate that Merzario are keen to hang on to star driver Mario Andretti, who has scored all of the team's points this season. With only a single year contract, he is theoretically free to leave at the end of the year, but Merzario are looking to tie him up to a contract extension well before then.

"We are really happy with the job Mario has done this year," said team principal Arturo Merzario. "He has led the team magnificently. He is one of the best drivers in the sport, he is a huge asset to this team. We want our partnership to continue in the coming seasons, as we work with Lamborghini to strengthen the engine further, and develop an even better chassis for 1981."

"There is nothing signed as of yet, but when the time does come to write up a contract, it should mostly be a formality. Mario has indicated he's happy here, in a team he feels supported by, and we don't want him to leave. It's a win-win."

Image Image
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

Although Audi were not impressed with the delay in the calendar, we were delighted with Jochen Mass' return to racing! A splendid qualifying performance and race performance before our engine let him down again.

He will continue to take the second seat for the foreseeable future.

When will the next round of upgrades be available?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

JJMonty wrote:Although Audi were not impressed with the delay in the calendar

I'm sorry about the long hiatus, my exams got in the way; and as much as I love running the series and being an active member of this forum my future success was more important to me. Next time I'll announce such a hiatus so you don't think I've slipped of the face of the planet. :P
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

La Gazzetta Dello Sport wrote:Automercato: Prost - Fittipaldi swap deal complete

Merzario-Lamborghini have swooped for what can only be assumed as their target for second driver next season, Alain Prost, after agreeing a deal with Alfa Romeo to exchange drivers.

Going in the other direction therefore is Emerson Fittipaldi, who has been outshone by team-mate Mario Andretti this season, failing to register a point compared to the American's seven so far.

"We are happy to have a talented young driver like Alain join us," said Merzario team principal Arturo Merzario. "Unfortunately Emerson has not been able to adapt well to our car, and has struggled compared to Mario. A switch to Alfa will hopefully get his season abck on track, and also Alain will hopefully benefit by joining us."

The deal is only until the end of the season, but Merzario has made a clear intention of what his plans for Prost are.

"Prost is a talent for the future," said Merzario. "We are constructing the building blocks for the future right now. Lamborghini have come in and helped us climb up the order, but we have some way to go yet. Entering a long-term relationship with a driver helps the team, car and its pilot achieve the maxiumum results. A driver with as much potential as Prost could make such a proposition interesting for us."

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Renault would like FISA to clarify the rules on driver contracts, as per trading drivers from team to team.
Everything's great.
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
JJMonty wrote:Although Audi were not impressed with the delay in the calendar

I'm sorry about the long hiatus, my exams got in the way; and as much as I love running the series and being an active member of this forum my future success was more important to me. Next time I'll announce such a hiatus so you don't think I've slipped of the face of the planet. :P

It's cool :) As a uni student, you have my full sympathy :D
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Renault would like FISA to clarify the rules on driver contracts, as per trading drivers from team to team.

Merzario would like to inform Renault that they can shove their clarification where the sun don't shine. ;)

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Stramala wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Renault would like FISA to clarify the rules on driver contracts, as per trading drivers from team to team.

Merzario would like to inform Renault that they can shove their clarification where the sun don't shine. ;)

Renault would like to inform Merzario that they can kindly piss off, we're simply interested in whether or not this system could be used to Renault's advantage. Assuming it is legal, of course.
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Stramala wrote:

Renault would like to inform Merzario that they can kindly piss off, we're simply interested in whether or not this system could be used to Renault's advantage. Assuming it is legal, of course.

Mid-season transfers of drivers is perfectly legal, but for any transfer involving real life drivers it'll be run on an RNG, which I'll do shortly.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

We're so rejectfully anonymous now - what should Tyrrelll do? :?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

FMecha wrote:We're so rejectfully anonymous now - what should Tyrrelll do? :?

Something is definitely wrong in your chassis, given that even Osella is faster than you at times. Either that or your drivers are poorly motivated. Plus, like us, you need turbo engines and fast!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Transfer: Emerson Fittipaldi to Alfa Romeo

0-70 - Emerson decides to continue his career at Alfa
71-90 - Emerson decides he'd like to continue his career, but at another team, becoming a free agent in the meantime.
91-100 - Emerson retires from Formula One

20 - Fittipaldi moves to Alfa Romeo

Transfer: Alain Prost to Merzario

0-95 - Alain is attracted by the prospect of racing for a bigger team and moves to Merzario for the rest of the season
96-100 - Alain decides that Merzario isn't for him, becoming a free agent.

61 - Alain Prost is now a Merzario driver
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Autosport wrote:Renault looking to resign Jabouille; Reutemann on notice
The latest news from Renault suggests that the French manufacturer is looking to retain the ever-impressive Jean-Pierre Jabouille heading into the 1981 season. Despite approaching 40 years of age, the Parisian driver shows no signs of slowing down, having scored the bulk of Renault's points this season.

The outlook is markedly more dismal for his teammate, Argentine veteran Carlos Reutemann. Despite securing Renault's sole GP win at Monaco last season, and beating Jabouille in the points standings, relations between team management and Reutemann have been getting incresingly rocky as Reutemann has been frequently outpaced by Jabouille. Rumours suggest that Renault is looking to three young rising stars to replace Reutemann from 1981 should his form fail to improve. One of the drivers in question are the team's test driver, Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler, who has already impressed in testing, and has already scored his first points on debut for Shadow this season.

Another candidate is Alain Prost, who has recently switched from Alfa Romeo to Merzario, and is widely tipped to be a future World Champion. The last is Vatican driver Valentino Nicchi, who has starred in qualifying for the tiny Restov team. The rumours also suggest that, following the inter-team trade between Merzario and Alfa Romeo for Alain Prost and Emerson Fittipaldi, that Renault may look to do a similar trade with Restov for Reutemann and Nicchi, should Reutemann's form fail to improve.
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: rFAF1 - Canadian GP 21:15 GMT

To get things moving, the Canadian GP will be live from 9:15pm British time, that is 21:15 GMT.

As usual, live text commentary in the F1 Rejects chat room: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net&channel=%23F1Rejects
FMecha

Re: rFAF1 - Canadian GP 21:00 GMT

Post by FMecha »

Last-ditch medium chassis upgrade, please? :)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

FMecha wrote:Last-ditch medium chassis upgrade, please? :)

Postponed until after the Canadian Grand Prix I'm afraid.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
FMecha wrote:Last-ditch medium chassis upgrade, please? :)

Postponed until after the Canadian Grand Prix I'm afraid.

:|

Meanwhile, the Grand Prix Journal is reporting that Tyrrell is considering to switch to turbocharged version of the Ford-Cosworth engines. (Please response to this, AdrianSutil) :)
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Well, here's hoping that Ferrari does well in front of the semi-hometown crowd. Go Gilles!..
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: rFAF1 - Canadian GP Results UP

1980 Canadian Grand Prix / Circuit Ile-Notre-Dame / Weather: Overcast, but hot / 15th June 1980

Pre-Race

Callum McAllister is now back at Williams after recovering from his injury, and Guilliuame Gauthier returns to McLaren.

Emerson Fittipaldi is now an Alfa driver, with Alain Prost now at Merzario.

Qualifying

Williams dominated qualifying, locking out the front row. An impressive performance from Renault saw them line up 3rd and 4th. The tight, twisty and short nature of the circuit meant that many people were held up on their runs, and couldnt find clean space to get a lap in. Great laps from Villeneuve, Kevin, and Nicchi; Merzarios and Lotii were blocked badly, along with Daly; and the RAM s suffered engine failure.

Race / 63 laps

The results speak for themselves. Jody Scheckter got a great start and led until his brakes failed, leaving McAllister in the lead. McAllister lead until his gearbox failed. This left the two Renaults in the lead, with the rest of the field playing catchup. Reutemann led JPJ and Kevin, with Perkins in fourth. On lap 19, Ed Kevin lunged down the inside of Jean-Pierre Jabouille, sending the Frenchman into the gravel.JPJ managed to rejoin and catch back up to the leaders by lap 31. Perkins had taken the lead from Reutemann by this point, and he nor Kevin could challenge the Brabham; Reutemann's engine failed on lap 37, and Kevin lost his frotn wing - and several positions - crashing in to him. This left JPJ in second place. The Renault was hustling Perkins, until lap 41, when they came to Ghinzani's Rebaque to lap. Ghinzani simply turned into JPJ at the hairpin, sending the Frenchman out of the race on the spot! Ghinazni managed to continue, but earned himself a Disqualification and a four race ban. Harvey Jones inherited 2nd, and chased Perkins to the flag, but could nto challenge the Australian, who was in a class of his own.

Alain Prost kept the car on the road to finish 3rd on his debut, with Laffite 4th. Davey Clarke finished in an emotional 5th for Wolf, the teams first finish and points of the year on home soil! Jochen Mass scored Audi's first ever Formula One point. O'Connell and Arnoux failed to score; Arnoux would have been 5th but for a late race puncture.

Reject of the Race: Everything but Larry Perkins, ALain Prost, Davey Clarke and Jochen Mass.

Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race: Davey Clarke's drive to 5th.

Driver's Championship

Harvey's second place allows him to take the championship lead. An off colour weekend for Alan Jones means he stays on 37 points, with Perkins victory moving him within 5 points of the championship lead.

1. Harvey Jones - 38
2. Alan Jones - 37
3. Larry Perkins - 33
4. Callum McAllister - 22
5. Jody Scheckter - 19
6. Guilliame Gauthier - 14
7. Jean-Pierre Jabouille - 13
= Edward Kevin - 13
9. Nelson Piquet - 12
10 Jacques Laffite - 11
11. Mario Andretti - 7
12. Stefan Bellof - 6
13. Carlos Reutemann - 5
= Alain Prost - 5
15. Rene Arnoux - 3
= Peter Brock - 3
= Padraig O'Connell - 3
18. Jan Lammers - 2
= Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler - 2
= Thomas Nurmester - 2
21. Davey Clarke - 2
22. Jochen Mass - 1

Constructor's Championship

Williams record another embarrassing no-score after leading, while Lotus extend their championship lead. Brabham ominously loom closer.

1. Lotus-Renault -71
2. Williams-Honda - 51
3. Brabham-Renault - 48
4. Ligier-Talbot - 24
5. Renault - 18
6. Merzario-Lamborghini - 12
7. Shadow-Ford - 8
8. McLaren-Ford - 4
9. Ferrari - 3
10. Rebaque-Ford - 3
11. RAM-Ferrari - 2
= Osella-Alfa - 2
= Wolf-Renault - 2
14. Audi - 1

If you want to know how a specific driver did, just ask :)

Piercarlo Ghinzani has been disqualified from the Canadian Grand Prix and has received a 4 race ban. tristan1117, you must nominate a replacement by Friday 5th July.
Ed Kevin has recieved a warning for his collision with JPJ.

Upgrades and Testing are now open. Please check the first post to see how many Upgrades you have left, and how many testing tokens you have left. If you woukd liek an upgrade or a test, can you please announce it by Monday 1st July. Thank you. You also have until Friday 5th July to announce any driver change
Gerudo Dragon

Re: rFAF1 - Canadian GP Results UP

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Valentino Nicchi wrote:My crew gave me a great car and I just threw it away as usual. It hurts for me and it hurts for my team because they keep putting the work in and I keep throwing it away.
Trump 2016