rFAF1 1980: SEASON OVER

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Salamander

Re: rFAF1 - Canadian GP Results UP

Post by Salamander »

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:Eh, I made a mistake. Zat is pretty much eet. I pushed too 'ard in ze beginning to try and maximse my early position, and I 'it a kerb too fast and ze car was uncontrollable after zat. It is a shame for ze team, I only 'ope I can make it up to ze team next time.

The entire Renault team wrote:Image
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Haven't been in this thread for a while. I'm now back in charge of Shadow.

Pasta, FMecha is talking about Cossie engines for his Tyrrell team and wants me to respond. What exactly do I do? Am I in charge of Turbo Cosworth's?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AdrianSutil wrote:Haven't been in this thread for a while. I'm now back in charge of Shadow.

Please don't bring Henton back to the team, I beg you! Voeckler will make Bellof look silly given the chance!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Ron Dennis wrote:Although Guillame tried his utmost best to push our team forward for a solid finish to the Canadian Grand Prix,unfortunately his effort was too great for the tightest of confines that is the Circuit Ile-Notre Dame,thus his premature end to what could have been a fantastic result which could have had both cars in the points.

Teddy Mayer wrote:Bloody useless techno babble. And how could we have double points if ONE OF OUR CARS IS NOT IN THE RACE! I'M GOING TO FIND THE MAN WHO BLOCKED DALY ON TRACK.I'LL FIND HIM SOON ENOUGH!!
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

AdrianSutil wrote:Haven't been in this thread for a while. I'm now back in charge of Shadow.

Pasta, FMecha is talking about Cossie engines for his Tyrrell team and wants me to respond. What exactly do I do? Am I in charge of Turbo Cosworth's?

Yes, currently you are the representative for Ford. You can either accept to provide engines to Tyrrell, or deny, but the way you make a deal with FMecha is up to you!

All current manufacturer representatives:
Renault - BlindCaveSalamander
Honda - Phoenix
Ferrari - JeremyMcClean
Lamborghini - Stramala
Ford - AdrianSutil
Audi - JJMonty
Talbot - shinji
Hart - This
Alfa Romeo - Klon
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Pasta, how were Brancatelli and Nicchi getting on before the DNF's?

Edward Restov wrote:Obviously its a shame we couldn't finish today, as we had the pace to challenge for points, but its nice to see that Gianfranco and Valentino are getting used to the car and our way of working. We need to work on our reliability for sure, but people forget we are a small privateer team in our first season of F1, running two inexperienced drivers, and we have shown ourselves to be one of the top 6 teams in terms of pure race pace.

I certainly don't blame Valentino for his accident, many people went off the track today so he was in good company. The speeds obviously there with him, we just need to help him get the most out of his latent talent.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I dunno about Brancatelli, but I'm certain Nicchi would've scored a podium.
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Pasta, how were Brancatelli and Nicchi getting on before the DNF's?

Brancatelli was running a solid 4th before his engine blew, he was roughly 10 seconds behind Alain Prost on the road.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Stramala wrote:

Please don't bring Henton back to the team, I beg you! Voeckler will make Bellof look silly given the chance!

Henton was only in the team on a race-by-race basis and he's been rather poor so keeping Voeckler in the team has shown a better performance so he'll stay don't worry.

As for Tyrrell, they're rather poor at the moment and Ford don't want to supply poor teams as it looks bad for potential customers. Ford only want to support teams that have a good chance of being on a similar competitive position as Shadow. Therefore, Ford WILL allow one car to run a temporary Turbo engine for the next two races, to see if it'll make a difference to their performances. FMecha, it's your choice which driver gets the turbo but I'll advise you to choose your better driver to have a bigger chance of success.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Holy shite, Clarke finished 5th! :shock:

Bruno Giacomelli is hereby sacked from Walter Wolf Racing with immediate effect. His replacement will be announced in due course.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

A large decrease in body drag would do fine right now. We're going to need all the help we can get!

Also,

REPORT: Ferrari designer sacked, replaced by Montezemolo
"Clearly I'm the only one around here that knows what they're doing here," says Luca
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AdrianSutil wrote:
Stramala wrote:

Henton was only in the team on a race-by-race basis and he's been rather poor so keeping Voeckler in the team has shown a better performance so he'll stay don't worry.

As for Tyrrell, they're rather poor at the moment and Ford don't want to supply poor teams as it looks bad for potential customers. Ford only want to support teams that have a good chance of being on a similar competitive position as Shadow. Therefore, Ford WILL allow one car to run a temporary Turbo engine for the next two races, to see if it'll make a difference to their performances. FMecha, it's your choice which driver gets the turbo but I'll advise you to choose your better driver to have a bigger chance of success.

The offer from Renault is still on the table, FMecha... it will cover both cars until the end of the season.
Everything's great.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

McLaren are going for a medium increase in engine torque.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
takagi_for_the_win

Restov will go for a medium upgrade reagarding the random element of reliability.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

Audi are delighted with scoring their first ever championship point! Though we can't help but feel some irony that Jochen Mass scored the point!

However the performance of our car has been poor, but so has our reliability - we are glad to have at least 1 point, achievement for season 1 met! Now to improve on this!

Audi would like to arrange a test session (if possible?) at the Salzburgring with Marc Surer, the focus being on reliability and driver development.

Based on the results of the test, we would like a medium upgrade on either Reliability (if the car blows up before the test is complete), or reduction in body mass if the pace is poor :)
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Shadow would like the biggest possible upgrade on reliability please. Specifically the engine if possible.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

FMecha

Re: rFAF1 - Canadian GP 21:00 GMT

Post by FMecha »

I'll say it again:
FMecha wrote:Last-ditch medium chassis upgrade, please? :)

In another news, Hiroshi Takagi will try the Ford turbos. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
AdrianSutil

Re: rFAF1 - Canadian GP 21:00 GMT

Post by AdrianSutil »

FMecha wrote:I'll say it again:

Excellent news. Ok then, is a two race deal as mentioned before. Ford are not bothered if he retires or not, we want to know is relative pace during the races. So don't worry if he pulls off on lap 9 or something.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Large chassis mass reduction for Merzario.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

JJMonty wrote:Audi are delighted with scoring their first ever championship point! Though we can't help but feel some irony that Jochen Mass scored the point!

However the performance of our car has been poor, but so has our reliability - we are glad to have at least 1 point, achievement for season 1 met! Now to improve on this!

Audi would like to arrange a test session (if possible?) at the Salzburgring with Marc Surer, the focus being on reliability and driver development.

Based on the results of the test, we would like a medium upgrade on either Reliability (if the car blows up before the test is complete), or reduction in body mass if the pace is poor :)

JLD will join Audi at the Salzburgring test with Bleekemolen and Keegan. We'd also like a medium reduction in body mass.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
takagi_for_the_win

If its ok, Restov will join JLD and Audi at the Salzburgring test with Nicchi and Brancatelli
TORA! TORA! TORA!
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Brabham will try for a medium reliability upgrade.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

JeremyMcClean wrote:A large decrease in body drag would do fine right now. We're going to need all the help we can get!

0-5 - Detrimental
6-45 - Success
46-100 - Failure

56! - Ferrari have just 1 upgrade remaining!

WaffleCat wrote:McLaren are going for a medium increase in engine torque.

0-5 - Detrimental
6-55 - Success
56-100 - Failure

75! - McLaren have 2 upgrades remaining.

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Restov will go for a medium upgrade reagarding the random element of reliability.

0-5 Detrimental
6-55 - Success
56-100 - Fialure

45 - Success. The random element is the range in which a number will be selected by the game to either add or subtract from the stated average engine life. So, in other words, if your engine has a low reliability average, and a low random element, the engine will consistently fail while the race is underway. A high reliability average with a low random element means the engine is more likely to finish a race.

JJMonty wrote:Audi would like to arrange a test session (if possible?) at the Salzburgring with Marc Surer, the focus being on reliability and driver development.

Yes, testing is allowed, and I'll get to running the test after the Monday deadline. Salzburgring is a championship venue, so that will dock 4 tokens from Audi's testing total. Audi now has 10 tokens. Noted about the upgrades, that will leave Audi with 2 upgrades remaining.

AdrianSutil wrote:Shadow would like the biggest possible upgrade on reliability please. Specifically the engine if possible.

The engine is the only form of reliability that can be upgraded (specifically, the reliability parameter in rFactor is governed in the engine file. The game randomly decides what kind of failure will occur, suspension, gearbox or engine.)

0-5 - Detrimental
6-45 - Success
46-100 - Failure

17! - This leaves Shadow with just 1 upgrade remaining.

0-5 - Detrimental
6-55 - Success
46-100 - Failure

49! This leaves Tyrrell with 1 upgrade remaining.

Noted about Takagi's engine change. Tyrrell-Ford will be a different constructor to Tyrrell-Cosworth.

Stramala wrote:Large chassis mass reduction for Merzario.

0-5 - Detrimental
6-45 - Success
46-100 - Failure

98! - Merzario have 2 upgrades left.

Wizzie wrote:JLD will join Audi at the Salzburgring test with Bleekemolen and Keegan. We'd also like a medium reduction in body mass.

Noted. JLD now have 10 testing tokens remaining.

0-5 - Detrimental
6-55 - Success
56-100 - Failure

9! - JLD have 2 upgrades remaining.

takagi_for_the_win wrote:If its ok, Restov will join JLD and Audi at the Salzburgring test with Nicchi and Brancatelli

Noted. I dont think there's any union clash. Restov now have 10 testing tokens.

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Brabham will try for a medium reliability upgrade.

0-5 - Detrimental
6-55 - Success
56-100 - Failure

30! - This leaves Brabham with 1 upgrade remaining.

The deadline for upgrades and testing is 00:01 GMT Tuesday morning! Any upgrades/test applications after that will be ignored!

As a reminder, every team a specific amount of upgrade opportunities. Each team started out after Monaco with 5. You can apply for an upgrade after every race if you so wish until you run out of upgrades! The rule is still only 1 upgrade opportunity between rounds.

Everyone was also granted with 14 testing tokens. The amount of tokens each team has is on page 1, along with everybody's upgrade opportunities remaining. A test at a track is worth a set amount of tokens, with the pricing system outlined in that post.

Remember, the deadline for any driver changes/engine changes is 23:59 GMT on Friday 5th July.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Renault will head over to Mosport before returning to Europe, in order to conduct a test with Jean-Pierre Jabouille and Carlos Reutemann. Invitations will also be sent to Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler and Valentino Nicchi, with their respective bosses permission, of course. The general focus of the test will be engine reliability.
Everything's great.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Nicchi accepts the invitation, if Restov approves ;)
Trump 2016
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Merzario will go testing at Mugello, with Andretti, Prost, Alboreto and Guidetti present.

Image Image
takagi_for_the_win

darkapprentice77 wrote:Nicchi accepts the invitation, if Restov approves ;)

We will allow Nicchi to go to the Renault test, but we would like to remind both Valentino and bosses at Renault that Valentino is contracted to us ;)

EDIT: So long as it doesn't clash with our test. If it does, stuff Renault, you're coming to the Salzburgring mate
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

[takagi_for_the_win"]
darkapprentice77 wrote:Nicchi accepts the invitation, if Restov approves ;)

We will allow Nicchi to go to the Renault test, but we would like to remind both Valentino and bosses at Renault that Valentino is contracted to us ;)

EDIT: So long as it doesn't clash with our test. If it does, stuff Renault, you're coming to the Salzburgring mate[/quote]

We're heading straight to Mosport after the race, so Nicchi should be able to attend both.
Last edited by Salamander on 30 Jun 2013, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
Everything's great.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Osella takes the gamble and attempts a LARGE engine torque upgrade.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: rFAF1:Upgrades, Vote on rule change!

Testing schedules noted.

Nuppiz wrote:Osella takes the gamble and attempts a LARGE engine torque upgrade.

0-5 - Detrimental
6-45 - Success
46-100 - Failure

78! - This leaves Osella with 2 upgrades.

FISA rule proposal: Upgrade tokens can be swapped for entries. A team not entering one race would account for an extra upgrade token being given to them. This would only apply if teams entered NO cars for a specific race. I.e., no only entering one car to gain extra upgrades.

I would like each team principle to vote on this issue by Friday, 5th July. Enough votes for the change would see it implemented this season. If he majority vote no the rule proposal will be dropped. You may align yourselves with your unions for this issue.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

As said on the chat, Osella is supporting this proposal as it allows us to skip races we know we won't qualify for in exchange for more upgrades.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

As I have said in the chat, I'd say the rule is agreeable if we limit the number of races that can be skipped.

Alfa Romeo goes for a Medium Decrease of chassis mass.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:As I have said in the chat, I'd say the rule is agreeable if we limit the number of races that can be skipped.

Renault agrees with this.
Everything's great.
takagi_for_the_win

Restov are against this proposal
TORA! TORA! TORA!
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

Audi are in favour of the theory of this propsal - (as you would expect from a lower ranked team), however I thought upgrades were limted to 1 per "x" amount of races?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

JJMonty wrote:Audi are in favour of the theory of this propsal - (as you would expect from a lower ranked team), however I thought upgrades were limted to 1 per "x" amount of races?

The system changed after Monaco to a permitted 5 upgrades per year, which can now be applied format any point in the season. However, it is still one upgrade per race, so you can't ask for all 5 upgrades after one race for instance
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Merzario are against the proposal.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

As JLD will be one of the teams that'll lose the most from this proposal, we will vote against it.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Shadow are against this proposal.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

RAM would like to request a medium engine top speed upgrade, and would like to test with Emilio De Villota and Mike Thackwell in Silverstone. (i couldn't do this before as i wasn't back home yet, but i don't mind if this counts for the next race)

About the proposal: it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. In fact, UIT thinks that teams should get more tokens when they participate in more more races. Otherwise, teams that love the sport and enter every race will be victim.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!