f1 forum game

Archive for the three above subforums
andrew

f1 forum game

Post by andrew »

A game I found on another website, NOT mine and I am not taking credit.

1. Firstly pick a real f1 team from here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fo ... nstructors
2. When there is enough players. Say about 14 I will start the season.
3. To start a race I will say The Syrian gp starts at 03.00 (All times are what the f1 rejects clock says)
4. I will end race race after about 2 days.
5 Points will be either 10-6-4-3-2-1 or 10-8-6-5-4-3--2-1 or 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 based on the popularity
6. Saying finish before the race start will be a penalty: Normally about 3 hours
7. More than 5 mins early it is a dq from next race.
8. Editing finishing post is not aloud
9. If Finish is spelt wrong your finish still counts
10. Calender

1. Syrian gp
2. Australian gp
3. Swiss gp
4. British gp
5. French gp

6. Monaco gp
7. German gp
8. Belgium gp
9. Italy gp
10. Canada
11. USA
12 Brazil
13. Argentina
14. Malaysia
15 China
16. Japan
17. north Korea

McLaren: Pycku, Shadaza
Zakspeed: Darkapprentice77, Wizzie (Melrose)
Aston Butterworth: Blindcavesalamander, East Londoner
MasterCard Lola: Andrew, FMecha
Embassy Hill: Pasta Maldonado, Tristan117
Rial : Tommykl, Baconlettuceninja
Super Aguri; Superaguri, Dr Baker
Jaguar: Hawkaussie

For now
HRT: Pi, Gerdudo Dragon (not that he is around on the forums)
Eurobun: Eurobun, Meatwad

Syrian gp will start at 5am CET On FIRDAY!!!
Last edited by andrew on 21 Mar 2016, 21:39, edited 20 times in total.
pycku

Re: f1 forum game

Post by pycku »

May i take Mclaren?
To finish first, first you have to finish!
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Can I have Zakspeed?
Trump 2016
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Is there a reason it begins in Syria and ends in North Korea?

Either way, McLaren will be entering.
Message me on Discord.
andrew

Post by andrew »

sure

Zakspeed: Darkapprentice77

not not really. The first 16 countries that came to my head :)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'll take... er, let's see, Aston Butterworth.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Aston Butterworth: Blindcavesalamander
MasterCard Lola: Andrew
Embassy Hill: Pasta Maldonado
Last edited by andrew on 02 Nov 2012, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I'll take... Hill. (Graham Hiil's racing team, Embassy Hill)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
pycku

Post by pycku »

How can we play with Shadaza with one and the same team?
To finish first, first you have to finish!
andrew

Post by andrew »

Right. For now no new team. Anyone who joins can you please pick a current team before making new ones.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

First that comes to mind, strangely is Rial.

So, Rial for me, then :)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

pycku wrote:How can we play with Shadaza with one and the same team?

as team mates, but I will change if you wish.
Message me on Discord.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Embassy Hill: Pasta Maldonado
Rial : Tommykl

please don't make any new teams. Please fill out the ones we have already
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Can I join Pasta at Embassy Hill?
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'll join Tommy at Rial if he's ok with that...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
andrew

Post by andrew »

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Can you please elaborate how this works, in detail? :?

I'm with Lola. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
andrew

Post by andrew »

FMecha wrote:Can you please elaborate how this works, in detail? :?

I'm with Lola. :)

right basically. I will say: the syrian gp starts at 4.00pm at 4pm you will post finish onto this forum. After about a day or so I will say end of the Syrian gp after the post you may not post finish. I will Bold and underline The start time and Finish post.
Simply it is whoever posts finish after the race start time who wins.
Eg if Shadaza POSTS finish AT 4.01 and you post Finish at 4.05 Shadaza wins. Get it?
andrew

Post by andrew »

Would you guys like a test race, to see how the game works?

VOTE YES
or VOTE NO
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

yes
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Yes
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

andrew wrote:Would you guys like a test race, to see how the game works?

VOTE YES
or VOTE NO

But what if you wanted to vote 'I was having a sh*t'? :lol: :P [/F1 Slate]

I'll join Aston Butterworth, if that's ok. :)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

It has to be Super Aguri for me :D
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
andrew

Post by andrew »

Aston Butterworth: Blindcavesalamander, East Londoner
Super Aguri; Superaguri

Thanks for that east Londoner, that means your car will be nice and light at the start then
andrew

Post by andrew »

ok then. The test race at Abu Dhabi will will at 23.00 f1 rejects time
andrew

Post by andrew »

Another rule is the Champion from this season gets to host season 2
andrew

Post by andrew »

Finish
Understand the concept people? For real races I will give at least 12 hours notice of a race (Probably more) So don't take me posting the start time 2 and a half hours before the actual start as something I will always do. It was just a EG of how the concept worked.
Do you want anther test race with a more realistic time of notice?
I will also do race reports.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I'll do a test for you all to see if this "F1 Rejects Time" actually works. My computer says 22:52 as I post this, and I'll edit the post to say what it says on the timestamp on this post...

EDIT: and it said 23:52. So "F1 Rejects Time" is Central European Time, by the looks of things. Even though this is an Australian website, and who knows where the server's hosted...

EDIT AGAIN: Andrew, you do realise what's going to happen here, don't you? dr-baker will enter and sit in front of his computer waiting for the time to post "finish", I suspect eurobrun will do the same (instead of going out and having fun with the girl it took the best part of a year to ask out), and there'll be three or four others who'll then all get the same idea. It'll be like eBay snipers, only... without goods and money and reputation points at stake. And don't anyone tell me I'm wrong, given how quickly the F1RMGP Women's European Cup signups happened...
Last edited by dinizintheoven on 02 Nov 2012, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dinizintheoven wrote:I'll do a test for you all to see if this "F1 Rejects Time" actually works. My computer says 22:52 as I post this, and I'll edit the post to say what it says on the timestamp on this post...

EDIT: and it said 23:52. So "F1 Rejects Time" is Central European Time, by the looks of things. Even though this is an Australian website, and who knows where the server's hosted...

Actually, the true way to find out the "F1Rejects time" is to log off from the forums, which disables all timezone settings you may have. I'll have a go at it now.

EDIT: And for this post, it said "03 Nov 2012, 08:56". So the server is more than likely in the Eastern Australian timezone.
Last edited by Nuppiz on 02 Nov 2012, 22:59, edited 2 times in total.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Nuppiz wrote:Actually, the true way to find out the "F1Rejects time" is to log off from the forums, which disables all timezone settings you may have. I'll have a go at it now.

...that's what I thought it might be, seeing as I'm sure I've seen this forum set to an Australian time zone, but judging by Andrew's post above demonstrating when to "finish", it seems his F1 Rejects Time is CET...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dinizintheoven wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Actually, the true way to find out the "F1Rejects time" is to log off from the forums, which disables all timezone settings you may have. I'll have a go at it now.

...that's what I thought it might be, seeing as I'm sure I've seen this forum set to an Australian time zone, but judging by Andrew's post above demonstrating when to "finish", it seems his F1 Rejects Time is CET...

Right, right. For compatibility reasons with people all around the world however, I guess we should stick with the forum's default time.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dinizintheoven wrote:EDIT AGAIN: Andrew, you do realise what's going to happen here, don't you? dr-baker will enter and sit in front of his computer waiting for the time to post "finish", I suspect eurobrun will do the same (instead of going out and having fun with the girl it took the best part of a year to ask out), and there'll be three or four others who'll then all get the same idea. It'll be like eBay snipers, only... without goods and money and reputation points at stake. And don't anyone tell me I'm wrong, given how quickly the F1RMGP Women's European Cup signups happened...

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Nuppiz wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:

Right, right. For compatibility reasons with people all around the world however, I guess we should stick with the forum's default time.

So is F1Rejects time the time the clock says when you log off?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:EDIT AGAIN: Andrew, you do realise what's going to happen here, don't you? dr-baker will enter and sit in front of his computer waiting for the time to post "finish", I suspect eurobrun will do the same (instead of going out and having fun with the girl it took the best part of a year to ask out), and there'll be three or four others who'll then all get the same idea. It'll be like eBay snipers, only... without goods and money and reputation points at stake. And don't anyone tell me I'm wrong, given how quickly the F1RMGP Women's European Cup signups happened...

Hey, I'm on placement at the moment, I'm out 4 evenings a week, and I'm at Brands Hatch this weekend watching TAruck racing and fireworks. Hasn't anybody noticed my average posts/day go down a bit over the past 5 days? Anyway, I can't obsess about this until Christmas... So enter me anyway for Williams.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

pasta_maldonado wrote:So is F1Rejects time the time the clock says when you log off?

I guess so.
I am more concerned about the fact the grand prize for winning is having to invest the time to host the championship. I can see "Ireland eurovision song contest" type scenario.
Message me on Discord.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dr-baker wrote:
BaconLettuceNinja wrote:

Hey, I'm on placement at the moment, I'm out 4 evenings a week, and I'm at Brands Hatch this weekend watching TAruck racing and fireworks. Hasn't anybody noticed my average posts/day go down a bit over the past 5 days? Anyway, I can't obsess about this until Christmas... So enter me anyway for Williams.

I'll be honest, Mr. Baker...I DID wonder where you'd gone.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

If you're on placement, surely that means you've got a chance at finding that elusive girl of your dreams, considering you're away from uni. ;)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
andrew

Post by andrew »

Shadaza wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:So is F1Rejects time the time the clock says when you log off?

I guess so.
I am more concerned about the fact the grand prize for winning is having to invest the time to host the championship. I can see "Ireland eurovision song contest" type scenario.

you don't have to host it. You can hand it on to somebody else. Right so Test race 1 is now over.

I did not realise about the f1 rejects time being different for different people, so Test race 2 will start at 10:30 pm CET (Central European time)
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Andrew : you might want to edit the first post to list all the teams entered. So it is easy to find. :)
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
andrew

Post by andrew »

SuperAguri wrote:Andrew : you might want to edit the first post to list all the teams entered. So it is easy to find. :)

Thanks for the idea
does every body know when test race 2 starts??