Something that might be useful for fantasy series...

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Cynon

Something that might be useful for fantasy series...

Post by Cynon »

I cooked this up for the TM Master Cup series, but I thought I'd post it here because I think some people around here might be able to use it. It's a TV banner (kinda-F1 style) that can be put on YouTube videos.

Link.
Mirror.

Source.

When you've made your images, just save them to your hard drive and then upload them somewhere like Photobucket. If anyone wants the (really bad and really sloppy) code that is behind this, let me know and I'll gladly toss it your way.
Last edited by Cynon on 24 Sep 2013, 19:17, edited 3 times in total.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Something that might be useful for offline series...

Post by tristan1117 »

Cool. If I ever go back to doing F1RGP2C videos, I will use these. Thanks!
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Cynon

Re: Something that might be useful for offline series...

Post by Cynon »

tristan1117 wrote:Cool. If I ever go back to doing F1RGP2C videos, I will use these. Thanks!

No problem. They could just be used for show, in any case. :D

I plan to add the ability for this to read background plate images from external sources and the ability to use pre-made number plates.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
FMecha

Re: Something that might be useful for fantasy series...

Post by FMecha »

IMO you need more flags, Cynon. ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

FMecha wrote:IMO you need more flags, Cynon. ;)

Such as? :P

I have a few obvious joke flags in there, including the flags from my two NationStates countries.

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Cynon wrote:

I have a few obvious joke flags in there, including the flags from my two NationStates countries.

Britain :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Cynon wrote:

Britain :lol:

I separated the UK into English, Welsh, Scottish, and Northern Irish (as the TM Master Cup series separates the British drivers by that criteria), but I'll get the Union Jack up by itself in a few minutes.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Cynon wrote:I separated the UK into English, Welsh, Scottish, and Northern Irish (as the TM Master Cup series separates the British drivers by that criteria), but I'll get the Union Jack up by itself in a few minutes.

I was wondering; why did you decide to split up British drivers like that?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Cynon wrote:I separated the UK into English, Welsh, Scottish, and Northern Irish (as the TM Master Cup series separates the British drivers by that criteria), but I'll get the Union Jack up by itself in a few minutes.

I was wondering; why did you decide to split up British drivers like that?

I think at one point Franchitti was classified as Scottish for CART's Nation's Cup (and I think Dalziel was too... I recall the English flag being shown on Champ Car broadcasts for Dan Clarke and Katherine Legge, but not for Justin Wilson, for whom they used the Union Jack), so I justified it on that basis. But also, the Welsh national anthem is one of my favorites, and there has been a strong Welshman in the series for years now.

There's more English drivers (for whom I would play God Save the Queen), but the strongest of the English drivers is easily Divina Henton, who probably should have won two races by now, but something usually goes wrong for Henton when she's about to snag a huge result... doesn't help that her teammate kinda lucked into a win and that Volpi reliability is sketchy at best... :lol:

Anyways, I added the Union Jack, Austria, Hungary, Estonia, Latvia, Cyprus, and San Marino. I'll get to work on the ability to read number plates from external sources next.

the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I have a plan for the F3RWRS, do you think you can add flags for Indonesia, Uganda, Mozambique, Iceland and Macedonia? And maybe Tropico as well?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:I have a plan for the F3RWRS, do you think you can add flags for Indonesia, Uganda, Mozambique, Iceland and Macedonia? And maybe Tropico as well?

Indonesia's flag and Monaco's are basically identical, so I can kill two birds with one stone for that.

The rest can be done with ease. Check back in a few minutes. :mrgreen:

Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Added some new functions;

- The ability to use pre-made backgrounds*
- The ability to use pre-made badges
- Number color/border color changes.

* This is made for a number plate .PSD template that I made some time ago; get it here. You can use this to make pre-made badges as well.

Anything you leave blank will default to something, so don't worry about it. :D

Waris

Post by Waris »

I'm not sure how to create the badge. Are you supposed to use "Background Source"?

Also, could you please add the option to change the colour of the bars in which the name and the team name appear? And could you please include "transparent" as one of the colours? And while I'm at it, could you perhaps also add the option to change the font colour of those two lines? And perhaps even the option to use a font of your choice (that you'd have to upload)?

Sorry if this is asking too much XD :lol:
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Version 3 is being worked on:

http://cynon.6te.net/tvb2/tvb3.php

Waris wrote:I'm not sure how to create the badge. Are you supposed to use "Background Source"?

That's only if you have a pre-made one. That part could use some work, to be honest, but you should be able to use one of the solid color backgrounds I provided.

Waris wrote:Also, could you please add the option to change the colour of the bars in which the name and the team name appear? And could you please include "transparent" as one of the colours? And while I'm at it, could you perhaps also add the option to change the font colour of those two lines? And perhaps even the option to use a font of your choice (that you'd have to upload)?

Sorry if this is asking too much XD :lol:

The color of the bars was kept black because of what I designed this for -- that being the TM Master Cup series -- which uses black graphics like this. Could I make the black bars transparent? Possibly. Is it on the priority list? Not exactly.

Penalty banners are forthcoming.

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Just noticed this thread. Would be really interested in getting the code and working on a derivative version that's a bit different. I used to do these manually in photoshop for TMRRC, and if I ever start running another racing series these'd be really useful, but it would be nice to have even more control over what the code produces.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Once I get doing videos for the GT-R WC, I plan to use these. Although the plan would be to use the manufacture logos. Would it be possible to get the logos for Corvette, Saleen, Lister, Lamborghini, Pagani and Porsche implemented into the graphics generator? Thanks in advance Cy.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Just noticed this thread. Would be really interested in getting the code and working on a derivative version that's a bit different. I used to do these manually in photoshop for TMRRC, and if I ever start running another racing series these'd be really useful, but it would be nice to have even more control over what the code produces.

I'll do what I can to make sure you get your hands on the source files before the week is out. Since the forum does not have a PM system I'll probably just zip everything up and post it on Mediafire or something. I should warn you that this is not exactly well made... :lol:

RealRacingRoots wrote:Once I get doing videos for the GT-R WC, I plan to use these. Although the plan would be to use the manufacture logos. Would it be possible to get the logos for Corvette, Saleen, Lister, Lamborghini, Pagani and Porsche implemented into the graphics generator? Thanks in advance Cy.

Yes. I'll try and do it before the week is out. I added the options for all of them in Version 4, but the actual graphics haven't been made.

I am working on penalty banners, with the following penalties being options:

- Active Time Penalty (15, 30, 45, 60)
- Drive Through
- Stop and Go (5, 10, and no time)
- Post Race investigation/Steward's Office
- End of the Longest Line (EOLL)

I will also add options for the two center black bars, but I think the only options for them will be black (default), white (black text), and transparent.

In case anyone is wondering how big I usually make these appear in a video, this will have it.

Cynon

Post by Cynon »

http://cynon44.6te.net/tvb/tvb4.php

Version 4.

Another font or two will be added soon. :D
Last edited by Cynon on 11 Feb 2013, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Well, the generator went down because 6te.net whinged about something I did with the points/results card generator and deleted my account. I'm not very concerned at all. (If you must know, I had this at the top: ini_set("memory_limit","12M"); ... apparently that didn't sit well with them... :lol:)

Update your bookmarks. :P

http://cynon44.6te.net/tvb/tvb4.php

This means I will reupload all of the 2010-2012 TMMC results as well.

Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Points card generator is back online: http://cynon.comuv.com/tvb/tvc.php

Make sure you use a blank image like the one provided for any spaces that are unused! If you need to know how to use it and can't figure it out, let me know.

Cynon

Post by Cynon »

The 6te account went down again...

http://cynon.comuv.com/tvb/tvb4.php

So I put it back up there.

I'm pretty sure the reason it went down this time is because someone opted to not listen to me and is pulling the URL for the image straight from the site.

I'm not saying it was anyone here, I posted this on EFR as well, so it could just as easily have been someone from there.

Point being; this is why I said not to hotlink to the generated images -- save them and reupload them somewhere else please. The code isn't very well written and could be a lot better, so please save me some headaches. 8)

Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

You should add a Vatican City flag to it ;)
Trump 2016
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

darkapprentice77 wrote:You should add a Vatican City flag to it ;)

Done.

I added a few new things, like a lot more font selections, the Vatican City flag, the Aboriginal flag, and the Molossian flag.

However, comuv wasn't playing nice with the Metrostyle font for some reason so I put it back on another 6te account... :D

http://cynon777.6te.net/tvb/tvb4.php

The comuv link still works, but this one is better.

Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Added a few more fonts.

SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

How to use a spreadsheet to calculate alternative point systems.

First copy and paste the wikipedia table into a spreadsheet, make sure you paste it at A3 so you have some rows free. You may want to highlight cells and change fonts to make it easier to read.

At S2, type 1 (yes just the number one), then type at T2 =S2+1
Copy this and highlight the number of cells to the right of this you need points for, so if you want just the top six to score points then it will be the next 4 (U2 to X2), then paste and magically you will get 3 to 6 appear

At S3 onwards type the points you want, for example for a pre 91 score at S3 enter 9, T3 enter 6, U3 enter 4, V3 enter 3, W3 enter 2 and X3 enter 1

At S4, the hard work starts, if you have 16 results then you need to type =COUNTIF($B4:$Q4,S$2) (note openoffice needs a semicolon ; rather then a comma ,)

Copy this, highlight the rest of the line you need results for and paste it (in our example T4 to X4)

You can now highlight what you pasted in and do it for all the other drivers.

Now you have number of wins, 2nd, 3rd, 4ths, 5ths and 6ths and now we have to do some maths.

At Y4, type =(S4*$S$3)+(T4*$T$3)+(U4*$U$3)+(V4*$V$3)+(W4*$W$3)+(X4*$X$3)

And bingo we have calculated the points for that driver, you can now copy and paste this for the rest of the drivers in the same column.

Need to sort them? Highlight the columns you want and copy them. Find some empty space and press CTRL+SHIFT+V, uncheck Paste all and click Numbers and Text only. This way you paste only data and not caculated results. Make sure you have drivers names somewhere in the row and then highlight and click Data then Sort and sort it in the way you want.

Notes : The $ means reference an absolute cell, $S4 means absolute column only, S$4 means absolute row, and $S$4 is absolute cell. Using these means you can reference cells you need to. However they are automatically change if you add columns and/or rows.

Want to change the points for more? Just highlight columns to the right of X, say you wanted 10 finishers to get points, then you would highlight Y, Z, AA and AB then right click and select insert columns.

Add positions by clicking the last one, copying it and pasting it to the empty cells. Change points as needed.

You then need to copy the COUNTIF to the other columns to get 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th positions

The important one which is now at AC4, needs to be edited, just click it and type +(Y4*$Y$)+(Z4*$Z$3)+(AA4*$AA$3)+(AB4*$AB$3)
The easiest way to add more is to highlight the +(Y4*$Y$) part and paste it changing the column letter as required.

Copy and paste as before.

Need fastest laps and poles points? Insert two columns before column S and then you will have to manually enter faster laps and poles in these two columns. Add points as before and edit AE4 (as it now would be), to be =(S4*$S$3)+(T4*$T$3)+(U4*$U$3)+(V4*$V$3)+(W4*$W$3)+(X4*$X$3)+(Y4*$Y$)+(Z4*$Z$3)+(AA4*$AA$3)+(AB4*$AB$3)+(AC4*$AC$3)+(AD4*$AD$3).

Why manually? None of the spreadsheets allow you to do logical calculations based on a cells fromat, so the bold and italics. It is possible to use a script to do the calculations but it would be different for Excel, Open office and Libre office.

Edit as you see fit.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes