The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
AdrianSutil

The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

Post by AdrianSutil »

I don't know how popular this thread will be so if it's slammed by everyone than so be it. But I've seen a lot of members who either have teams, drivers or actually run a series and get a little frustrated when other members disappear for a period of time. Now sometimes members come and go and there's no warning, but this thread is for those, that whatever reason, won't be around for a while and may miss some vital info in the virtual world.

For example, I've started a job as a National courier and have very little time to even take a shite let alone trawl through the many threads in here that I'm associated with. so a friendly heads-up to everyone. I'm off most weekends so will do my 'catching-up' then. If anything needs my drastic attention, e-mail me. Thanks.
Last edited by AdrianSutil on 22 Dec 2012, 23:41, edited 2 times in total.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
dr-baker

Re: The AWOL thread

Post by dr-baker »

Well, my posting will now go up again now that I have finished my 8-week Occupational Therapy placement. I will have another just after Easter 2013 (which will happen as the world has not ended today) (although a South Korean song has become the first video on YouTube to hit an American billion hits?!).

I think that this thread is a good idea, although I can see it regularly falling off the first page (that can happen to any thread in this forum if untouched for less than a week...)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Waris

Post by Waris »

Technically isn't it no longer AWOL if you post in this thread?

+ I've been way less involved in all the fantasy motorsports than I would have liked to because of school business, but since I don't have to go to classes anymore for a few weeks now I'll have more time. I will make a large announcement regarding a number of fantasy series I wish to start, watch for it...
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I've finished my exams now, and am currently running the English Grand Prix for my series. It's on lap 13 now, and I'll continue it tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll get to doing Belgium before the end of the year as well.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I've got holidays for two weeks now, and my exams are in late February, so I don't have to start revising before mid-january. So prepare for a lot of 1977 Formula one races next week.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I'm away from tomorrow until next Wednesday, so don't expect any updates in neither of my racing series during that time. However, I might be able to visit the forums for other matters, such as driver contracts etc.
Last edited by Nuppiz on 22 Dec 2012, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Shadaza

Re: The 'just nipping out for a while' forum

Post by Shadaza »

If I can find the time I will do the Paris-Roubaix before Christmas.

The Chairman game will resume in January (It remains well on schedule.)

MTBMW may be delayed for a long time yet. I apologise.
Message me on Discord.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Expect me to be less active here than dozen posts a day. Engineering coursework with blueprints and calculus being the big drainers. History is the other course I am taking which is more of a breather, but not much of a reprieve. Still will be around, but I expect about 10 to 20 posts a day on non-class days (which means 4 days a week I will be posting as usual). But the three class days, I'll be pretty much a no show.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:Expect me to be less active here than dozen posts a day. Engineering coursework with blueprints and calculus being the big drainers. History is the other course I am taking which is more of a breather, but not much of a reprieve. Still will be around, but I expect about 10 to 20 posts a day on non-class days (which means 4 days a week I will be posting as usual). But the three class days, I'll be pretty much a no show.

A rough estimate is that anything above a PPD of 10 means the poster should question their sanity. A dozen is more than enough!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

kostas22 wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:Expect me to be less active here than dozen posts a day. Engineering coursework with blueprints and calculus being the big drainers. History is the other course I am taking which is more of a breather, but not much of a reprieve. Still will be around, but I expect about 10 to 20 posts a day on non-class days (which means 4 days a week I will be posting as usual). But the three class days, I'll be pretty much a no show.

A rough estimate is that anything above a PPD of 10 means the poster should question their sanity. A dozen is more than enough!

Which just tells you how addicted I am to motorsports of all kinds whether it's F1, IndyCar, or NASCAR. Now that the season's are over... I just can't wait for late February.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Well, as you all know, I've buggered off for the next three weeks with very minimal internet connection (hell, I'm lucky to be online right now here in Kerala) so I won't be around to annoy you guys for a while.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Expect less posts (and indefenite delay of F1RGP4C) from me - my trusty black Dell laptop got UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME BSOD, and it won't enter Startup Repair for a reason. :cry:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

FMecha wrote:UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME BSOD

That means it cannot connect to the partition which has Windows on it.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

My "just nipping out for a while" will last from tomorrow - once the F1RMGP Swedish Grand Prix weekend is posted - and will last for a week. However, as it's F1RMGP's mid-season break, it'll probably be two weeks before the next race.

So, patience, especially if you are FMecha.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

As I am trapped at home for most of the next sixteen days, I will not be nipping out for a while. Expect the conclusion of the 1997 F1RGP2C season, updates on the F1 Rejects Nations Cup and maybe even a NASCAR miniseries, if I have the time.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Londoner

Re: The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

Post by Londoner »

I'll be but a mere shadow in January, thanks to exams, but I'll maintain a presence on here...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

I won't be around as much in the next week, so If I'm needed in any virtual championships, please bear in mind that I may not be able to attend my teams. After that I've got exams, but then i'll resuscitate the RTCC and get rFactor alternate f1 underway!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Well, I might as well announce that I am going back home on the 11 January before moving back to Flensburg around two weeks after that. In Flensburg, I obviously have to get internet access first before being able to do anything. So for that time, my presence here might just be limited.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I am going away tomorrow, so I will be unavailable to contact during that time. Signups for Warped will be still monitored though. :)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FMecha wrote:I am going away tomorrow, so I will be unavailable to contact during that time. Signups for Warped will be still monitored though. :)

One day hardly merits a post here...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

I'm back from my un scheduled departure, a holiday to Cyprus, where it as surprisingly warm! :lol:

Anyway, I'm back full time now
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

School tomorrow and much exam prep to do but I shall be on here as normal because I get sod all homework :D
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Expect to see me less around here for about a week or so. After cleaning my computer from dust, I managed to break the processor. Again. Basically I forgot to open one of the locks holding it in place when I tried to put it back in its place. This will set me back by about 150 euros - what's more embarassing is that I did the same mistake about a year ago... :oops:

Obviously, this means there'll be no updates to either of my series for quite a while.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Nuppiz wrote:Expect to see me less around here for about a week or so. After cleaning my computer from dust, I managed to break the processor. Again. Basically I forgot to open one of the locks holding it in place when I tried to put it back in its place. This will set me back by about 150 euros - what's more embarassing is that I did the same mistake about a year ago... :oops:

Obviously, this means there'll be no updates to either of my series for quite a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viLK8cMKUnY
says it all i'm afraid mate ;)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Well, I'm now 99 euros poorer (settled for a slightly less powerful one), but on the other hand I should get the processor by early next week. Phew.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

"Just nipping out for a while..." 28th-30th January. For this:

This is mainly for FMecha, in case any Warped races are run on those three days and the PR team of Clatterham Racing would be unable to respond. F1RMGP will not be affected, as I've cunningly timed it so that races are run either side of my brief absence - including the next round tomorrow.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

I'm afraid I won't be returning beyond the odd flying visit.

I apologise for the championships left on hold and teams abandoned.
Message me on Discord.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Sorry to hear that Shadaza. If you see this is it possible for me to take over Cave Johnson and Sebastien Prost?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Shadaza wrote:I'm afraid I won't be returning beyond the odd flying visit.

I apologise for the championships left on hold and teams abandoned.

Can you please send me your GPM2 Chairman '98 files, I (or someone else) may resurrect that. :)
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Because I've been a complete dithering idiot, I'm not going to be on (maybe the odd sporadic visit) for the next few days.

After going home for the weekend from uni, I got the train back from Bath today. Got as far as Chippenham before I realised I'd left my laptop charger at home. I don't expect it to get back here until the middle of next week so if anything urgently requires my attention (I don't expect it to) then drop me an email.

It does mean that cars that I'd volunteered to paint will have to wait until at least Wednesday. If any RDS signings are made, I'd be grateful if someone can update the wiki for me.

Sin bin for me...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I've managed to persuade my parents to let me use the prehistoric desktop computer in the house, so I should be on here a little more often until my laptop is fixed, hopefully by the weekend.

Only problem with this setup: I HAVE TO USE SODDING IE AS MY BROWSER! :evil: :evil: :evil:
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

East Londoner wrote:I've managed to persuade my parents to let me use the prehistoric desktop computer in the house, so I should be on here a little more often until my laptop is fixed, hopefully by the weekend.

Only problem with this setup: I HAVE TO USE SODDING IE AS MY BROWSER! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Haha bad luck. Why not Firefox or Chrome?
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

East Londoner wrote:I've managed to persuade my parents to let me use the prehistoric desktop computer in the house, so I should be on here a little more often until my laptop is fixed, hopefully by the weekend.

Just tell them IE is rubbish and prone to getting hacked.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I put Firefox on it back in summer 2011, when my first laptop gave up the ghost. They didn't really like it for some reason, and got rid of it as soon as I got a new laptop at the end of the year.

Parents, eh? :|
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

East Londoner wrote:I put Firefox on it back in summer 2011, when my first laptop gave up the ghost. They didn't really like it for some reason, and got rid of it as soon as I got a new laptop at the end of the year.

Parents, eh? :|

"WHERE HAVE YOU PUT THE INTERNET ON THIS COMPUTER?"
"Umm, it's still there, I've just changed your browser to a safer and better one..."
"CHANGE IT BACK, THIS IS NOT THE INTERNET!"

Coincidentally, IE10 was just released. :P
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Nuppiz wrote:"WHERE HAVE YOU PUT THE INTERNET ON THIS COMPUTER?"
"Umm, it's still there, I've just changed your browser to a safer and better one..."

My other half's parents in a nutshell! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

AndreaModa wrote:

My parents in a nutshell as well :lol: I managed to download Google Chrome on the sly though, so all is well :)
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Thankfully I was spared such a fate since my father is, like most male members of my family, quite technophiliac and able to help himself and we made sure mother never runs into trouble by giving her a PC with Firefox on it in the first place. Smart, eh?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

My parents in a nutshell as well :lol: I managed to download Google Chrome on the sly though, so all is well :)

Luckily my Grandparents accepted Google Chrome on their computer without any fuss then eh? :lol: