The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Londoner

Re: The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

Post by Londoner »

I haven't seen the good Doctor of Baker here all week. Dare I suggest it, he may finally have broken his bad luck with the opposite sex? ;)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Stramala wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:I'd personally be more worried for Aerond. He's last visited the forums exactly 11 days ago, and while I think he did mention that he'd be busy for some time, I didn't think he would be so busy as to not even being able to come to the forum at all.

I can believe it tbh. If I was in his position I'd probably stop visiting the internet altogether for a while. :lol:

:cry: Then we could have some sort of surprise party when he comes back :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Same with me here. Haven't had the time to continue F1WRCR for a while, but my internet will be more and more reduced in the coming weeks, with exams starting in 13 days, and ending 2-3 weeks later.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

tommykl wrote:Same with me here. Haven't had the time to continue F1WRCR for a while, but my internet will be more and more reduced in the coming weeks, with exams starting in 13 days, and ending 2-3 weeks later.

good luck mate
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:I haven't seen the good Doctor of Baker here all week. Dare I suggest it, he may finally have broken his bad luck with the opposite sex? ;)

Sadly not I'm afraid. :( Still on uni placement in Watford (6 weeks down, 2 to go), while all other Brunel students have completed their exams a week ago. So my evenings have been spent with society exec meetings planning for next term, film nights, etc. And I am shattered as a result. Thank goodness it's a bank holiday weekend...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Where has WeirdKerr been? I've not seen him for at least a week or two.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

go_Rubens wrote:Where has WeirdKerr been? I've not seen him for at least a week or two.

Busy chasing Heelin Coos around Forres in a Renault Megane...probably.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I'll be celebrating Midsummer at our cottage from today until Sunday evening. As usual, I might pop in on the forums and chat, but any series-related things are on hold.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

As it turns out I actually have a life (I know, hard to believe :lol: ), I won't be at home at all this weekend, which means I won't be able to do any forum-related stuff, particiularly for the V8s or the F2RWRS until Sunday evening.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'm heading to Birmingham for the weekend so will be mostly unavailable then, except when I can be bothered to put up with my phones autocorrect. If you need me for something, send a PM/email.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Everyone's on shore leave this weekend!! :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Yep, I'm off to the Mini Racing Festival At Brands this weekend. No, not a small racing festival, but with the Mini car brand...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:Yep, I'm off to the Mini Racing Festival At Brands this weekend. No, not a small racing festival, but with the Mini car brand...

Lucky bastard
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Yep, I'm off to the Mini Racing Festival At Brands this weekend. No, not a small racing festival, but with the Mini car brand...

Lucky bastard

Yeah, should be enjoyable. Do I detect a hint of jealousy in your response, Mr Rob Lomas?
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:

Lucky bastard

Yeah, should be enjoyable. Do I detect a hint of jealousy in your response, Mr Rob Lomas?

Yes because I am a huge fan of the classic mini.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:Yes because I am a huge fan of the classic mini.

It will be mostly classic Minis, but current, modern Minis will be present too. Just like what I drive.
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

So when i'm away for the weekend it's usually some music festival. After punkrock in april, now it is time for metal.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'm off on holiday in about a week, so if anyone needs anything from me urgently then now's the time...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

I will not be on the forums for a majority of the time between Wednesday and the end of July.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

I'll be away from about the 8th to the 25th of July, due to holidays and various family stuffs
TORA! TORA! TORA!
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

dr-baker wrote:

It will be mostly classic Minis, but current, modern Minis will be present too. Just like what I drive.

Mini Coopers are awesome. 'Nuff said.

I actually have a Scuderia Ferrari jacket, but it doesn't keep me very warm :lol:

The reason why I won't be here much between the time given is because I'm trying to make a name for myself in Whitewater Slalom here in the US. I suppose not many people know what Whitewater Slalom is on here?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

go_Rubens wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Mini Coopers are awesome. 'Nuff said.

I actually have a Scuderia Ferrari jacket, but it doesn't keep me very warm :lol:

The reason why I won't be here much between the time given is because I'm trying to make a name for myself in Whitewater Slalom here in the US. I suppose not many people know what Whitewater Slalom is on here?

Is it rafting?
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Not really, but rafting is in whitewater! So I'll give you credit for that! :)

Kayaking and canoeing. Paddling in general. Look up whitewater slalom in YouTube, and you'll find out it's an Olympic sport!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

takagi_for_the_win

go_Rubens wrote:Not really, but rafting is in whitewater! So I'll give you credit for that! :)

Kayaking and canoeing. Paddling in general. Look up whitewater slalom in YouTube, and you'll find out it's an Olympic sport!

Isn't that the one that Team GB took gold and silver in last year?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:Not really, but rafting is in whitewater! So I'll give you credit for that! :)

Yes it is
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

roblomas52 wrote:

Yes it is

That was for C-2, or 2 person canoe. There are other classes of boats, being K-1 and C-1 (single person kayak and canoe respectively). I do all 3 boats.

The rest of the medals last year went to France and I think some Eastern European countries.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

go_Rubens wrote:

That was for C-2, or 2 person canoe. There are other classes of boats, being K-1 and C-1 (single person kayak and canoe respectively). I do all 3 boats.

The rest of the medals last year went to France and I think some Eastern European countries.

How did you get into whitewater slalom go_Rubens? No offence here, but it's no a very popular sport, so that'd make whitewater 'clubs' (that the correct word?) few and far between...
)
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

There was a local race nearby, and since local authorities wanted a giant landfill and didn't believe that this event had around 200 people showing up and competitors would not show up with a giant landfill (reported to HAVE been the largest landfill east of the Mississippi River, but never happened), my mom had to take pictures of how many boats there were going to be used in the race to help the landfill project fail. My mom asked me, "You want to try that?" I replied, "No, mom. Too scary." I was really young at the time. A few years later, I asked if I could try it. I went through 2 YEARS of swimming lessons before I could try it. I finally got my chance about 4 or 5 years ago. My coach taught slalom so I could learn how to handle paddling a boat, and I have done slalom competitively ever since. I'm doing a few national events here in the US, which is why I'll be gone for the time I pointed out.

pasta, no offense is taken. I knew from the get-go it wasn't very popular, which is a reason why I like to do it. Because it is unique compared to other things. Unique compared to say, basketball or soccer, which are big sports to get involved in. Whitewater "clubs" are not common. I'm part of a slalom "team" based in central Pennsylvania about 20-25 km away from where I live! There are 2 or 3 in Maryland, and 1 in Connecticut. There are others, but they are few and far between. Across the US.

I am asked a lot, "Why don't you do something normal like basketball?" I always reply, "Because I'm not normal." I don't like being "normal" anyway. And we're all different. Right?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

go_Rubens wrote:I am asked a lot, "Why don't you do something normal like basketball?" I always reply, "Because I'm not normal." I don't like being "normal" anyway. And we're all different. Right?

RIGHT!

I'm unique, just like everybody else... ;)
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

dr-baker wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:I am asked a lot, "Why don't you do something normal like basketball?" I always reply, "Because I'm not normal." I don't like being "normal" anyway. And we're all different. Right?

RIGHT!

Exactly.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

takagi_for_the_win

dr-baker wrote:

RIGHT!

"YES, WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT.."

"WE ALL HAVE TO WORK IT OUT FOR OURSELVES" :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'm off later tonight for about a week, so I'll see you all then. Hence the week's period to make choices in my management series... :lol:
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

From 19th July onwards, I'll be away from the forums for two weeks.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
takagi_for_the_win

Like I said last week, I'll be away for a couple of weeks from Tuesday on.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I'm going to Italy tomorrow so i won't be back till about Friday

By the way whatever happened to Pamphlet?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I'm off from 12th July to around 9th August. I'll see what I can do with a laptop during that time, but don't expect any wonders.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Kimi-ICE wrote:By the way whatever happened to Pamphlet?

Luckily the idiot seems to have given up on being a fail troll here.

On a less angry note I may or may not be gone for a couple of days next week, it is 50-50 at the moment.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:

Peace and love, man. Peace and love. :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

It's Pamphlet. I see no point in censoring my thoughts on him
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

eurobrun wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Luckily the idiot seems to have given up on being a fail troll here.

It's Pamphlet. I see no point in censoring my thoughts on him

Peace and love my ass ;)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote: