The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

Post by Nuppiz »

roblomas52 wrote:
eurobrun wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Peace and love, man. Peace and love. :P

It's Pamphlet. I see no point in censoring my thoughts on him

Peace and love my ass ;)

Steady now...
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Nuppiz wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:Peace and love my ass ;)

Steady now...

It was only a joke
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

roblomas52 wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:Peace and love my ass ;)

Steady now...

It was only a joke

Do you think we can tell jokes through text? I can't do it very well, but I actually got that! :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

eurobrun wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:
Luckily the idiot seems to have given up on being a fail troll here.

Peace and love, man. Peace and love. :P

It's Pamphlet. I see no point in censoring my thoughts on him

Not much of a fail troll if you're still getting riled up about him months later... that's pretty much mission accomplished for him.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

This will be my last post for probably the next 2 weeks or so. I won't be online for anything and if anyone absolutely needs to contact me about something, tough luck. I won't have access to anything. I'll do my catching up after I'm back :D
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

TURN UP FULL VOLUME AND CLICK THE LINK (PARENTAL ADVISORY CONTENT) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdiFH6BcSUE

Yeah, so I finally decided to make an appearance after something like 2 years. The truth is over the last 2 years my work sort of overtook everything and I couldn't really get anything out of the forum without it being a bit of a chore (I used to read pretty much everything). Also, my interest in F1 waned a little, moving the coverage to Sky made me realise that it wasn't the end of the world if I missed a race or two. Now I'm out of work, I've got a bit more time to get back on the forum. Hopefully I'll find a new job that's not half as ruinous on my personal time!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

watka wrote:TURN UP FULL VOLUME AND CLICK THE LINK (PARENTAL ADVISORY CONTENT) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdiFH6BcSUE

Yeah, so I finally decided to make an appearance after something like 2 years. The truth is over the last 2 years my work sort of overtook everything and I couldn't really get anything out of the forum without it being a bit of a chore (I used to read pretty much everything). Also, my interest in F1 waned a little, moving the coverage to Sky made me realise that it wasn't the end of the world if I missed a race or two. Now I'm out of work, I've got a bit more time to get back on the forum. Hopefully I'll find a new job that's not half as ruinous on my personal time!

Good to see you back, man! :)
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

watka wrote:TURN UP FULL VOLUME AND CLICK THE LINK (PARENTAL ADVISORY CONTENT) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdiFH6BcSUE

He hath returned! :o

Welcome back man. Your boy Watkinson hasn't exactly set the F1RWRS world on fire since you left, but he's doing an alright job in the midfield. I think he got an offer from Dofasco last time I checked
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I don't even remember who Dafasco are! Tbh, my driver's had more teams than Keke Rosberg has had cigarettes.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

So, you're back. You've missed a lot indeed - my team has been renamed and has become a sensation, for instance :lol: [/end of egomanical self-plugging]
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

From tomorrow onwards for about 2 weeks, I won't be able to get as much access as I'd like to the forums. In the meantime, for F1RWRS Michelin accept any customers, and if you want to buy a Bentley chassis and/or engine in F1WRCR, it is accepted.

If I'm needed urgently for anything, just drop me an email, and I should be able to respond. :)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Well, by some random surprise, I'm back. For 1 day. Then I'll be gone for another week.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

go_Rubens wrote:Well, by some random surprise, I'm back. For 1 day. Then I'll be gone for another week.

Make the most of it Ruby. I'd post as much as you can if i were you
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:Well, by some random surprise, I'm back. For 1 day. Then I'll be gone for another week.

Yes, because that's the most important thing you can do.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

Some people just don't listen to advice, no matter how experienced or in-the-know the advice giver may be. It really is depressing to see people fail so hard when if they listened,they could have saved themselves a whole world of trouble.

Go_rubens - don't feel pressured to post. By all means, post away if you have something meaningful to add to a topic, but posting for the sake of posting is not a god way to spend your time here. I fell victim to such a thing when I first joined, and yes: after a while it gets boring.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

Some people just don't listen to advice, no matter how experienced or in-the-know the advice giver may be. It really is depressing to see people fail so hard when if they listened,they could have saved themselves a whole world of trouble.

Go_rubens - don't feel pressured to post. By all means, post away if you have something meaningful to add to a topic, but posting for the sake of posting is not a god way to spend your time here. I fell victim to such a thing when I first joined, and yes: after a while it gets boring.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry I regret saying that now
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Surely it's the quality of posts, not the quantity that matters? Though I suppose all of us on here have been guilty of posting for the sake of posting at one time or another.

And anyway, with this surprising British summer weather we have (sunshine in summer?! What is this sorcery?), you should probably make the most of it rather than posting on here.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

East Londoner wrote:Surely it's the quality of posts, not the quantity that matters? Though I suppose all of us on here have been guilty of posting for the sake of posting at one time or another.

And anyway, with this surprising British summer weather we have (sunshine in summer?! What is this sorcery?), you should probably make the most of it rather than posting on here.

It's rubbed off here. We're surrounded by clouds. Besides the lack of F1 action (and Motorsport action as a whole) hasn't helped either
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Well, I haven't gotten outside much this summer until this past week, camping in nearly 100 degree weather which was flat out horrible, waking up in the middle of the night in a sweat, and finally getting a chance to cool off by canoeing and kayaking in Class III whitewater in a 60 degree river. Just perfect :P
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry I regret saying that now

Good. We've mentioned trying to boost post count is a pointless thing to do over and over, and it seems that it's just falling on deaf ears.

Please don't take my (many) complaints personally, but I don't like seeing the forum cluttered up with needless posts that don't do anything to add to a conversation. Posts that exude quality are respected a lot around here.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ataxia wrote:
Good. We've mentioned trying to boost post count is a pointless thing to do over and over, and it seems that it's just falling on deaf ears.

Please don't take my (many) complaints personally, but I don't like seeing the forum cluttered up with needless posts that don't do anything to add to a conversation. Posts that exude quality are respected a lot around here.

Ataxia it's alright honestly lets just move on and discuss the number 1 sport in the world
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Salamander wrote:Image

Its quite depressing how many times this photo has been put up recently... :|
TORA! TORA! TORA!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

Ataxia it's alright honestly lets just move on and discuss the number 1 sport in the world

A1GP is dead though. Oh, you mean F1RWRS? Understood! ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

dr-baker wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

A1GP is dead though. Oh, you mean F1RWRS? Understood! ;)

No just normal F1. I don't take part in the PMMF forum much. That alternative 1990 season is the first time i've done something like that
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Freeze-o-Kimi

I don't know how you haven't understood this yet, given how long you've been on the forums now, but... Don't take everything everybody writes here LITERALLY or SERIOUSLY. A helpful hint: posts containing ;) or :P are likely to be tongue in cheek.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Warren Hughes wrote:Freeze-o-Kimi

I don't know how you haven't understood this yet, given how long you've been on the forums now, but... Don't take everything everybody writes here LITERALLY or SERIOUSLY. A helpful hint: posts containing ;) or :P are likely to be tongue in cheek.

I've actually used :P when being serious. But that's a bad habit leftover from the MSN Messenger era. But then again, not everyone on the forum is like me, and perhaps that might be a good thing, occasionaly. I mean, the forum would be too epic to handle if everyone was just like me. 8-)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I'll have a flight back to my home country on July 25th, meaning I'll be unavailable here until I sort the internet connection (proably getting a mobile one, assuming I can bring my laptop). :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Caring about post counts doesn't gain anyone respect. I should know as I made that mistake in the past. Now I just post occasional dumb garbage instead of regular dumb garbage.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I'm going on holiday for the next four weeks, so my presence here will be heavily reduced, although I'll do my best to keep up with entries for the F1WRCR and attempt to run at least the qualifying sessions at Monaco.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

I'm on holiday for the next couple of weeks. I have wifi where I'm staying but I don't imagine I'll be on the forums all that much.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

I'll be in and out with varying access to wifi for the next two weeks so my presence may be limited at times. The latest F1RGP2C race will be finished at some point next week, so don't worry about any delays. Rounds 8 and 9 may be on a bit longer delay, possibly until the third week of August.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Leaving to go on holiday in Copenhagen tomorrow afternoon. I'll be seeing the majestic Storebaelt and Oresund bridges as well and also visiting some parts of Sweden including Malmo and possibly Ystad, the setting for the Wallander novels and TV adaptation. I'll be back to post on the forum on Monday.

Off now. Hope to post again soon. 8-)
Last edited by good_Ralf on 06 Aug 2013, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

good_Ralf wrote: including Malmo

Bring a gun. Loaded.
-*:-
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

I won't be able to run any PMMF races until Sunday, not that it makes much of a difference.
Trump 2016
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I won't be available for most of tomorrow, simply because there's roadworks going on which require the electricity for all the houses in my road to be cut off for the day, which means no internet for yours truly. :|
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

On the 16th of August I'll be leaving on Holiday and won't get to see the Belgian Grand Prix so I won't be discussing it on the Forum's. I won't be back till the 26th
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

From the 25th-27th of August I'll unfortunately be dragged to the Belgian round of VETTELWINSLOL, yay. :roll:

Atleast I have GP2 to look forward to.
Trump 2016
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Dark77 wrote:From the 25th-27th of August I'll unfortunately be dragged to the Belgian round of VETTELWINSLOL, yay. :roll:

The amount of comments like this about Vettel are making me wonder if we should just give Vettel all the remaining race wins to put me out of my misery.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Dark77 wrote:From the 25th-27th of August I'll unfortunately be dragged to the Belgian round of VETTELWINSLOL, yay. :roll:

The amount of comments like this about Vettel are making me wonder if we should just give Vettel all the remaining race wins to put me out of my misery.

Or just man up.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Poor you, having to go to a Grand Prix at a picturesque historic venue. My heart bleeds.

Have a bit of gratitude. You clearly have no idea how fortunate you are to have that kind of opportunity, and how many thousands of motorsport fans would give anything to be in your position.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.