The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
pi314159

Re: The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

Post by pi314159 »

From Saturday onwards, I'll be away from the forum for two weeks. So if I'm needed in one of the virtual series, please tell me now.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Okay. I've got a lot of serious and life-changing stuff to deal with right now. Not going to go into it really but it involves the big C (some of the younger forumites may not know what this is, so I suggest you stay unknowing), the loss of close friends and serious debts thanks to broken prmoises. So although my activity on here is going to dwindle down to almost nothing, I'll still try and find time to at least browse this forum. If anything needs my urgent decision in the PMMF, the forum email button by my avatar works fine and I check my emails almost daily. I'm not pulling out of any of the RWRS events so before FMecha starts moaning, I suggest you zip it :).

That's about it I think. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time on these forums and feel like almost evey member is a 'friend' in one way or another. But as you can all imagine, I've got slightly more important things to concentrate on. I WILL beat what I'm going through and I WILL return full-time soon. But for now, a post a week is probably all I can manage.

It's been an absolute pleasure discussing the worlds greatest sport with you all and hopefully I'll be able to continue this with you all soon.

Yours very sincerely, AdrianSutil (Ashley Lilly).
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

AdrianSutil wrote:Okay. I've got a lot of serious and life-changing stuff to deal with right now. Not going to go into it really but it involves the big C (some of the younger forumites may not know what this is, so I suggest you stay unknowing), the loss of close friends and serious debts thanks to broken prmoises. So although my activity on here is going to dwindle down to almost nothing, I'll still try and find time to at least browse this forum. If anything needs my urgent decision in the PMMF, the forum email button by my avatar works fine and I check my emails almost daily. I'm not pulling out of any of the RWRS events so before FMecha starts moaning, I suggest you zip it :).

That's about it I think. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time on these forums and feel like almost evey member is a 'friend' in one way or another. But as you can all imagine, I've got slightly more important things to concentrate on. I WILL beat what I'm going through and I WILL return full-time soon. But for now, a post a week is probably all I can manage.

It's been an absolute pleasure discussing the worlds greatest sport with you all and hopefully I'll be able to continue this with you all soon.

Thinking of you mate, all the best. Nothing more I can say.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Warren Hughes wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:Okay. I've got a lot of serious and life-changing stuff to deal with right now. Not going to go into it really but it involves the big C (some of the younger forumites may not know what this is, so I suggest you stay unknowing), the loss of close friends and serious debts thanks to broken prmoises. So although my activity on here is going to dwindle down to almost nothing, I'll still try and find time to at least browse this forum. If anything needs my urgent decision in the PMMF, the forum email button by my avatar works fine and I check my emails almost daily. I'm not pulling out of any of the RWRS events so before FMecha starts moaning, I suggest you zip it :).

Sincerest thoughts echoed here. I'm not going to bother to to say 'i understand' because simply I don't, I do however offer you my full support in this difficult (to say the least) period in your life and I wholeheartedly hope you make it through :)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Warren Hughes wrote:

Same from me. Best of luck, man, hope to see you back full-time soon.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

My thoughts are with you, man. Stay strong and put yourself first at this time. We're with you.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Good luck mate
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Good luck and take care mate. We're all with you. :)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:

Sincerest thoughts echoed here. I'm not going to bother to to say 'i understand' because simply I don't, I do however offer you my full support in this difficult (to say the least) period in your life and I wholeheartedly hope you make it through :)

I totally agree with what pasta said and I just wish you all the best at this increddibly difficult period in your life and I, like everybody else, wholeheartedly hope you make it through knowing the whole forum is thinking of you 24/7.
All the best, Rob Lomas
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

All the best, AdrianSutil. Hopefully the daylight will shine into the twig pile as well sooner rather than later.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Terrible news mate, best of luck with all of that. Stay strong.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

I wish you the best.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I'll be praying for you. Tough times ahead surely, but I pray that you'll pull through.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:

My sentiments exactly. All the best mate and I hope you'll be back soon better than ever.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

That's very sad to hear :( I wish you the best. You can do it!

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Best of luck with everything you're going through man.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

We all wish you the best, hope to see you back here regularly at some point. Good luck.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:

I was going to say something deep, but pasta said pretty much what I was going to say. Anyways mate, all the best, and I hope you get through it :)
TORA! TORA! TORA!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Best of luck, mate. Come back soon.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I guess there's not much more i can do than wish you good luck. It sounds kind of cliché, but i feel i have to do it anyway.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
HonoraryNortherner

Post by HonoraryNortherner »

I wish you the best of luck man, my thoughts are with you.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

AdrianSutil wrote:Okay. I've got a lot of serious and life-changing stuff to deal with right now. Not going to go into it really but it involves the big C (some of the younger forumites may not know what this is, so I suggest you stay unknowing)...

No idea what your cutoff point is for "younger", but if anyone's still unclear on why I was left with no parents when I was "younger" (read: 16), said "big C" would be an adequate explanation.

I'm really not very good with the "sympathy" thing, despite everything, but if you want advice, most likely of a practical nature, you know where to call.

Carry on and refuse to be crushed.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ataxia, where are you! I sent you quite an urgent email yesterday and there has been no reply thus far. If you check F1R before your inbox, then, check your inbox now!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

IFRC and LGPS won't be updated on 22nd-24th and 28th-31st of March due to me being away from home. Thank you very much for your co-operation.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Ataxia, where are you! I sent you quite an urgent email yesterday and there has been no reply thus far. If you check F1R before your inbox, then, check your inbox now!

Sorry mate, I was kind of...busy last night. I'll check it out now.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Hi chaps,

I thought I should probably mention that I've decided to have some time away from the forum. I'm just not getting the same joy here that I once did, and hopefully a few weeks out of it should perhaps refresh this. So I won't be on hand to do liveries or whatever else it is I do.

It's not such a big deal now the RWRS competitions are pretty much in the off-season, but I thought I'd mention it out of courtesy and just in case anyone desperately needs me (ha, can't see that happening).

I'll be back to get the RDS started up again whenever the time is right, and to look after my teams and drivers.

See you all in a few weeks. :)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Hi chaps,

I thought I should probably mention that I've decided to have some time away from the forum. I'm just not getting the same joy here that I once did, and hopefully a few weeks out of it should perhaps refresh this. So I won't be on hand to do liveries or whatever else it is I do.

It's not such a big deal now the RWRS competitions are pretty much in the off-season, but I thought I'd mention it out of courtesy and just in case anyone desperately needs me (ha, can't see that happening).

I'll be back to get the RDS started up again whenever the time is right, and to look after my teams and drivers.

See you all in a few weeks. :)

See you soon, mate

We've had two big departures now, one is unavoidable and one is by choice, but I hope that this isn't signalling the beginning of the end for the forums :cry:
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

pasta_maldonado wrote:We've had two big departures now, [...] one is by choice, but I hope that this isn't signalling the beginning of the end for the forums :cry:

To quote myself:
Klon wrote:He will come back and if it is even only for the occasional cameo.

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

pasta_maldonado wrote:We've had two big departures now, one is unavoidable and one is by choice, but I hope that this isn't signalling the beginning of the end for the forums :cry:

Cor bloody hell looks like we have the drama queen in residence! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

AndreaModa wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:We've had two big departures now, one is unavoidable and one is by choice, but I hope that this isn't signalling the beginning of the end for the forums :cry:

Yeah, it's not the end of the world.

You've still got me
I like the way Snrub thinks!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

AndreaModa wrote:

F1Rejects official drama queen? It'll take some, err, getting used to but I like it! :lol:
RonDenisDeletraz

I can see why Pasta would say that, you might hate to admit it but the Paul Stoddart forum is getting closer to being like any other F1 Forum. I have wanted to leave for a while but I don't plan on doing so
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

eurobrun wrote:I can see why Pasta would say that, you might hate to admit it but the Paul Stoddart forum is getting closer to being like any other F1 Forum. I have wanted to leave for a while but I don't plan on doing so

You may say that, but how many other F1 forums have a 5 page long thread on Alex Wurz conspiracy theories? :lol:

And to be fair, having read some threads from late 2009, there's scarcely any difference from then and now. (in my humble opinion).

As for me, I won't be here often from the end of April to the middle of June, when I finish the last of my exams.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

eurobrun wrote:I can see why Pasta would say that, you might hate to admit it but the Paul Stoddart forum is getting closer to being like any other F1 Forum. I have wanted to leave for a while but I don't plan on doing so

What a ridiculous thing to say. You don't like it? Fine but no-one wants to hear you whining about it. Either up sticks or cut this sort of rubbish out because it is posts like this, that cause exactly what you're whinging about. It's vindictive, designed precisely to cause an argument, and above all blatantly hypocritical.

You really don't help yourself sometimes mate.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
RonDenisDeletraz

AndreaModa wrote:designed precisely to cause an argument.

Sorry, you are 100% wrong there.

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

eurobrun wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:designed precisely to cause an argument.

Sorry, you are 100% wrong there.

Then why say it? What on earth is there to be gained by moaning about what you feel is a decline in forum standards, if not to argue about it? It's an unpleasant, nasty comment because ultimately what you're really saying is that the rest of us aren't meeting your high standards in posting conduct. Now I couldn't give a f*ck what you think about me, but others might, and probably do care and bringing negativity into a discussion is creating an environment where people are likely to get offended, and/or put off from posting because they don't like what they see.

I mean Christ, you picked the right thread to moan about the forum didn't you? Scroll up the page a bit and read through some real problems people are having, and then take the time to realise that your own situation is infinitely better and that whining about such petty things is such a complete waste of time.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
RonDenisDeletraz

I was just stating my opinion. I didn't know that wasn't allowed

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eurobrun wrote:I was just stating my opinion. I didn't know that wasn't allowed

It is most definitely allowed. Just don't get all defensive and scrambling for the high ground when people inevitably aren't happy about the crap you post sometimes.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Anyway, back the original intent of this thread, sorry for the long delay on everything. I've been quite busy of late and I haven't had as much time as I planned in the last month and a half. At least I did well on exams, so I suppose it was worth it. Good news is that I feel rather refreshed, and I finally uploaded the F1RNC Div. B Highlights (no voiceover this time) onto YouTube. I am planning on writing another long-form article on the demise of American Racing Conglomerate (and if the RejectSport Magazine doesn't materialize, I will post the Aida '95 one on the wiki). Also, the F1RGP2C is starting up again with that Arrows open test session that I mentioned months ago. That being said, I will have limited access to the Internet from Wednesday through Friday, so this next raft of updates will be followed by a short break.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tristan1117 wrote:Also, the F1RGP2C is starting up again with that Arrows open test session that I mentioned months ago. That being said, I will have limited access to the Internet from Wednesday through Friday, so this next raft of updates will be followed by a short break.

Huzzah! I'm pumped for the inevitable MCLARENWINSLOL that 1998 will be :P

Now watch as we slump to one of the easiest ROTY awards on record
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.