The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Salamander

Re: The 'just nipping out for a while' thread

Post by Salamander »

Wizzie wrote:
tristan1117 wrote:Also, the F1RGP2C is starting up again with that Arrows open test session that I mentioned months ago. That being said, I will have limited access to the Internet from Wednesday through Friday, so this next raft of updates will be followed by a short break.

Huzzah! I'm pumped for the inevitable MCLARENWINSLOL that 1998 will be :P

Now watch as we slump to one of the easiest ROTY awards on record

I'm also looking forward to James Davies wiping the floor with everyone like he's been threatening to do since he joined McLaren. :D
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

My last post was the byproduct of a rather depressive night. I was tired, I was annoyed, and I made the snap decision to leave here.

It was all going fine for a day; I had work to do and wasn't getting particularly distracted. Today, however, I was ill and decided to keep an eye on proceedings. And I miss the camaraderie.

Please, please baby...will you take me back?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Please, please baby...will you take me back?

I suppose so, but only because you asked so nicely.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:My last post was the byproduct of a rather depressive night. I was tired, I was annoyed, and I made the snap decision to leave here.

It was all going fine for a day; I had work to do and wasn't getting particularly distracted. Today, however, I was ill and decided to keep an eye on proceedings. And I miss the camaraderie.

Please, please baby...will you take me back?

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Would just like to say how very humbled I've just felt after reading all the messages in this thread. I would like to thank everyone for their kind words. I'd also like to say that what I have is not life-threatening, but it's certainly something that changes a man. Put it this way, I have two at the moment, but soon to lose one. So you could probably imagine how I'm feeling.

Anyway, enough about my problems you probably don't want to hear me witter on :lol:

As for my involvement in the PMMF, I'll take the time soon to write up a bloody long post in the 'silly season' thread explaining recent changes to the F1 team, the F2 line-up and other things with the F3 and RDS series.

Also to a certain member who controls a certain driver in F1RWRS, I haven't forgotten our emails and will announce that soon as well.

I'll probably next speak to you all during the Chinese GP chat room. See ya then.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AdrianSutil wrote:Would just like to say how very humbled I've just felt after reading all the messages in this thread. I would like to thank everyone for their kind words. I'd also like to say that what I have is not life-threatening, but it's certainly something that changes a man. Put it this way, I have two at the moment, but soon to lose one. So you could probably imagine how I'm feeling.

So you're losing a nostril then. Yeah, I imagine that will be tough to come to terms with, only having one nostril will make you look odd when you look in the mirror while you're shaving, and one less nostril to be picking while sat at a red light in traffic...

And yes, I know you're probably talking able something else, which none of us would wish to. Hope the removal will be a success in its purpose, and that the recovery is smooth...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

I'm away until Monday, but I'm only involved in the Rallycross series. See you all after the weekend!
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

"Now look, young man. You go stealing the words of my note to my ex-second-in-command without grovelling in my office first and I'll jump right out of the grave and do to you what I did to Roy Keane. Now stand up straight and get yer 'air cut."

I'm right. Aren't I?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dinizintheoven wrote:

"Now look, young man. You go stealing the words of my note to my ex-second-in-command without grovelling in my office first and I'll jump right out of the grave and do to you what I did to Roy Keane. Now stand up straight and get yer 'air cut."

I'm right. Aren't I?

"We talked about it for 20 minutes, and then decided that dinizintheoven was right."

Yes.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

"I wouldn't say I was the best poster on F1 Rejects, but I'd say I was in the top one."

(I wonder what all the internationals will make of this? Hopefully Old Big 'Ead's reputation has spread round the world to places where "football" involves a ball that someone's sat on, huge Y-shaped posts and more padding than a press release by Ron Dennis...)
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

What would happen to F1RDS? :|
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

FMecha wrote:What would happen to F1RDS? :|

I would have come back to run it anyway, I'm not a complete monster.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Just to say I won't be on as often during weekdays as I am now on an 8-week uni placement, and having a 9-5, 5-day-a-week placement while keeping up a student lifestyle leaves little online time...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dr-baker wrote:Just to say I won't be on as often during weekdays as I am now on an 8-week uni placement, and having a 9-5, 5-day-a-week placement while keeping up a student lifestyle leaves little online time...

Ha! Join the rest of us mate! ;)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Just to say I won't be on as often during weekdays as I am now on an 8-week uni placement, and having a 9-5, 5-day-a-week placement while keeping up a student lifestyle leaves little online time...

Ha! Join the rest of us mate! ;)

Actually, although I still don't have time to get online as much, this placement has been much easier (so far...) than my previous two, simply because my current place has car parking so I can drive and no longer have to use public transport! Reducing commuting time from 105 minutes down to 50-60 minutes really is a blessing...
MCard LOLA
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I won't be at home from Thursday morning to Sunday evening. During this time I can probably access the internet at least once or twice, but obviously it'll be limited to general forum use only (so no livery previews or anything).
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

From tomorrow (27th April) to 8th May I will be in New York, in the unlikely event I'm needed for anything ;)
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I am likely to be disappearing for a week, very soon. Douglas Mann and The F1 Rejects Pippa Mann will approve.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dinizintheoven wrote:I am likely to be disappearing for a week, very soon. Douglas Mann and The F1 Rejects Pippa Mann will approve.

This means one of two things, and a certain dr-baker may not like the sound of one of them!

So it's either a nice trip to the Isle of Man or a sensationalist, widely publicised incestuous relationship! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I'm away for the weekend to Groezrock, a punkrock and hardcore festival, so chances are high that alcohol will be flowing richly 8-)
so you might not see me back before monday. You know, just like we have here with 'F1 deprivation' there's also some kind of 'festival season deprivation', and traditionally for me, this is the start of that season!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

AndreaModa wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:I am likely to be disappearing for a week, very soon. Douglas Mann and The F1 Rejects Pippa Mann will approve.

This means one of two things, and a certain dr-baker may not like the sound of one of them!
So it's either a nice trip to the Isle of Man or a sensationalist, widely publicised incestuous relationship! :lol:

The first of these. Though, with some thought, I've now put that back to the beginning of July so I can catch Tynwald Day while it happens - it's a Bank Holiday in the IOM with something to do, as opposed to the trip I was going to make from 2nd-6th May which includes the May Day Bank Holiday instead, where I may find everything around me is closed.

Instead, I'll be going to the Lake District to start a project I've had in the pipeline for a while. Old Corpse Road are some good pals of mine, and I've made it my plan to visit every one of the places they've mentioned in their lyrics. This will take me in and around their native Darlington, it will take me to Cornwall and the not-so-far South West, it will take me to Wales and Ireland, and also (I think) somewhere around the Kent-Sussex area. But there are three places I have to visit in the Lake District that they've written their lyrics about, and if anyone can identify which three places I'll be going to, the reward will be a high-ranked garage in the Bathurst Enduro.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

I'm likely to be going out to the Isle of Man myself sometime between 7th and 12th July for a month...
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dr-baker wrote:I'm likely to be going out to the Isle of Man myself sometime between 7th and 12th July for a month...

You'll catch the Southern 100 then won't you? Make sure you get along to one of the race days, absolutely cracking stuff when I was there a couple of years ago, get down to where the grid forms up and you'll end up having the race winning bikes and riders being wheeled around you to get onto the podium!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Cool,

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I'm likely to be going out to the Isle of Man myself sometime between 7th and 12th July for a month...

You'll catch the Southern 100 then won't you? Make sure you get along to one of the race days, absolutely cracking stuff when I was there a couple of years ago, get down to where the grid forms up and you'll end up having the race winning bikes and riders being wheeled around you to get onto the podium!

I know that the TT races are in a month from now, but I forgot about the Southern 100... Definitely on the to-do list now.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Re: Cool,

Post by AndreaModa »

dr-baker wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

I know that the TT races are in a month from now, but I forgot about the Southern 100... Definitely on the to-do list now.

In one sense it's far better than the TT simply because there's only about 2% of the people there compared to those that come to see the TT. You can pretty much walk round the whole paddock as well if you fancy it, security is pretty lax! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

I probably won't be on the forums every weekend until possibly the middle of June when my racing schedule clears up a little bit. I'll still be on the forums during the week.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
dr-baker

Re: Cool,

Post by dr-baker »

AndreaModa wrote:
dr-baker wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:You'll catch the Southern 100 then won't you? Make sure you get along to one of the race days, absolutely cracking stuff when I was there a couple of years ago, get down to where the grid forms up and you'll end up having the race winning bikes and riders being wheeled around you to get onto the podium!

In one sense it's far better than the TT simply because there's only about 2% of the people there compared to those that come to see the TT. You can pretty much walk round the whole paddock as well if you fancy it, security is pretty lax! :lol:

Nice... I looked the track up recently, and realised that the startline is probably a walking distance from Castletown station, so I could even maybe catch a steam train to the track!

MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Possibly, though I seem to remember the races being towards late afternoon/early evening though I could be wrong. If that is the case though, you'd likely get caught out trying to get back because the steam trains only run until about 5-6ish I think.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

I've not been on much recently, and may well be on less in the coming weeks. Anything that needs my attention, please please email me, I don't want to miss anything even if I can't get on the forums very often.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Am I imagining things, or has pasta been absent for a while now? There's nothing written here so I presume it wasn't a planned absence...

Image Image
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Stramala wrote:Am I imagining things, or has pasta been absent for a while now? There's nothing written here so I presume it wasn't a planned absence...
He last posted 5 days ago, but his last visit was today so nothing to worry about.
Trump 2016
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Stramala wrote:Am I imagining things, or has pasta been absent for a while now? There's nothing written here so I presume it wasn't a planned absence...

I think he's still in high school, so he's probably swamped with exams and exam prep at this time.
Everything's great.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

I think he's still in high school, so he's probably swamped with exams and exam prep at this time.

Same here, good luck with the exams pasta.
I had a textiles exam yesterday and that was bloody hard
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

Still here guys! As usual I've been following goings on but I am studying for exams, so that has been taking up quite a lot of my exams. Things should be a bit less hectic in the next 2-3 weeks so expect a bit more activity then :)
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I should probably announce now that I won't be here much after the Monaco race until about mid-June. Six more exams to go, and hopefully I might get to university.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

East Londoner wrote:I should probably announce now that I won't be here much after the Monaco race until about mid-June. Six more exams to go, and hopefully I might get to university.

Yikes. Makes the Scottish system look pretty decent in comparison. Exam season is over by the end of May up here :D

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

East Londoner wrote:I should probably announce now that I won't be here much after the Monaco race until about mid-June. Six more exams to go, and hopefully I might get to university.

Just keep your head and you'll be fine, bro. As for uni...even I somehow got in, so I guess you'll be fine on that front. :P
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I'd personally be more worried for Aerond. He's last visited the forums exactly 11 days ago, and while I think he did mention that he'd be busy for some time, I didn't think he would be so busy as to not even being able to come to the forum at all.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Nuppiz wrote:I'd personally be more worried for Aerond. He's last visited the forums exactly 11 days ago, and while I think he did mention that he'd be busy for some time, I didn't think he would be so busy as to not even being able to come to the forum at all.

Oh crap.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:I'd personally be more worried for Aerond. He's last visited the forums exactly 11 days ago, and while I think he did mention that he'd be busy for some time, I didn't think he would be so busy as to not even being able to come to the forum at all.

I can believe it tbh. If I was in his position I'd probably stop visiting the internet altogether for a while. :lol:

Image Image