Ponderbox for virtual series

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Cynon

Re: Ponderbox for virtual series

Post by Cynon »

FMecha wrote:Is Wurz involved? :twisted:

I elaborated on this topic in a 1049kB text file but I seem to have lost it.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Klon wrote:
Aerond wrote:
darkapprentice77 wrote:If the F1RWRS Commission wanted someone to make an F1RWRS video game, who would they give the license to? I hope not Codemasters...

It'd only go to Geoff Crammond

In kayfabe there is a F1RWRS video game, at least for the 2014 season. A shame I never got around to write the review I've planned. Basic gist is: best career mode in any sports game ever, racing a bit too arcade-ish though. :lol:

In fact, I had "F1RWRS: The Official Game" as a minor sponsor for my F2RWRS team in 2015, along with GAME... who went bust (at the Australian arm of the company) just a few weeks after I'd made the livery.
This is a cool spot.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wizzie wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:I think Moreno (erm... The Stig) is calling it a day after the 2015 season. (Now that The Stig is now technically under my control... :? )

With that in mind, will there be a new Stig? (Not in the F1RWRS)

Well, for Brazil there will be a new Stig as rumours are he seems to have grown quite a bit taller since Japan. Whether it's just Sammy Jones in disguise as some say he is is another matter altogether, although it would make some sense in that Jones is probably the tallest driver in the paddock. Allegedly. :P

If we're assuming that me in RL is Sammy Jones then at 6'1" and a bit then I guess you'd be right! ;)

But in all seriousness, these developments around The Stig offer the perfect opportunity to retire him and keep the series to proper fictional drivers only. I do share some of Eurobrun's feelings that it never really should have been allowed in the first place, but there we go. I'm very much against a "new" Stig coming in to replace Moreno.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AndreaModa wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:I think Moreno (erm... The Stig) is calling it a day after the 2015 season. (Now that The Stig is now technically under my control... :? )

With that in mind, will there be a new Stig? (Not in the F1RWRS)

Well, for Brazil there will be a new Stig as rumours are he seems to have grown quite a bit taller since Japan. Whether it's just Sammy Jones in disguise as some say he is is another matter altogether, although it would make some sense in that Jones is probably the tallest driver in the paddock. Allegedly. :P

If we're assuming that me in RL is Sammy Jones then at 6'1" and a bit then I guess you'd be right! ;)

But in all seriousness, these developments around The Stig offer the perfect opportunity to retire him and keep the series to proper fictional drivers only. I do share some of Eurobrun's feelings that it never really should have been allowed in the first place, but there we go. I'm very much against a "new" Stig coming in to replace Moreno.

But we'll need a new Stig for Brazil, as with Moreno revealing himself as the previous Stig, it means that he has to be shot on sight the minute he shows up in the F1RWRS paddock for being the traitorous coward he is for revealing his identity. :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Just ret-con it so he reveals himself after Brazil.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

AndreaModa wrote:Just ret-con it so he reveals himself after Brazil.

I agree completely, this is the best solution
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Yes, but now the point is, if Moreno retires after this season, who should I put in his seat? I think Barii Mori was still looking for a seat for 2016.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Phoenix wrote:Yes, but now the point is, if Moreno retires after this season, who should I put in his seat? I think Barii Mori was still looking for a seat for 2016.

James Davies still isn't confirmed at Sunshine...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Yes, but now the point is, if Moreno retires after this season, who should I put in his seat? I think Barii Mori was still looking for a seat for 2016.

James Davies still isn't confirmed at Sunshine...

I'll consider him if Mori turns down the offer.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

AndreaModa wrote:If we're assuming that me in RL is Sammy Jones then at 6'1" and a bit then I guess you'd be right! ;)

Now I could blatantly cheat and have Kay Lon be my RL height (6'8'') and win this competition forever. :lol:
But no, I won't. Kay Lon is officially 5'11''.

Oh, and Phoenix, Du Lei is still on the market and her performance was on level with Mori's - not to mention she wouldn't cause so much trouble as Mori.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Exactly, if Phoenix hires Mori then we're going back to 2011/12 here, and we all know how that worked out! Especially as Davies is now driving for Jones! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Ironically enough, after some more thinking, I'm having troubles deciding about either Barii Mori or Nicolas Steele to replace Daniel Moreno, though Steele sounds slightly better and he's not been signed up by anyone yet. I'd like to have preferential option over his services if possible.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Phoenix wrote:Ironically enough, after some more thinking, I'm having troubles deciding about either Barii Mori or Nicolas Steele to replace Daniel Moreno, though Steele sounds slightly better and he's not been signed up by anyone yet. I'd like to have preferential option over his services if possible.

Why sign either of those muppets when you can have a proven race winner in James Davies?
Everything's great.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix wrote:Ironically enough, after some more thinking, I'm having troubles deciding about either Barii Mori or Nicolas Steele to replace Daniel Moreno, though Steele sounds slightly better and he's not been signed up by anyone yet. I'd like to have preferential option over his services if possible.

Why sign either of those muppets when you can have a proven race winner in James Davies?

Trouble is, what has James Davies done over the past two years? I know it's mostly because of the quality of the cars he had at his disposal, but I think either Morii or Steele would enjoy better stats than him. And Du Lei... no, just no.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Phoenix wrote:

Trouble is, what has James Davies done over the past two years? I know it's mostly because of the quality of the cars he had at his disposal, but I think either Morii or Steele would enjoy better stats than him. And Du Lei... no, just no.

Um, well, he did put in some pretty decent performances for Sunshine in the middle of the season...

Yeah, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't take him, I just desperately want him to win another race. The problem is he has so many off-days...
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:

Make sure you keep them on a one year contract so you can sack them and replace them with one of the best rookies in RWRS for 2017, Marcel Agyemang-Badu!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

I would advise against signing Steele. He was absolutely awful before aerond took over F1RWRS and so he will lose out badly under the new driver system
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Should there be a thread just for posting fantasy liveries, regardless if they're for a specific series or not?
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Cynon wrote:Should there be a thread just for posting fantasy liveries, regardless if they're for a specific series or not?

Yeah, that would be a pretty good idea, I think. Just something where people can get ideas for liveries from if they're struggling to come up with their own.
Everything's great.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Cynon wrote:Should there be a thread just for posting fantasy liveries, regardless if they're for a specific series or not?

If you fancy doing some liveries Cynon, maybe you could come up with some stuff for the 2016 F1RWRS and F3RWRS Prospec? They should be mainly purple, orange and white (see Prospec page on the wiki for a couple of examples) with major sponsors Sainsbury's, Swiftcover.com and Mr Muscle along with various other sponsors such as Eibach and Fidanza. If you're up for it I'll see if I can come up with more of a brief when I get home from work.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I think Pasta made a thread like this a while back...I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: And I did...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Is the 2016 RWRS season the most anticipated in RWRS history? All the categories have an interesting storylines - F1RWRS has sweeping rule changes and Dagnall moving to MRT; F2RWRS will be wether or not Alitalia dominate; F3 is as open as ever, same as F1RDS; the first seasons of GTR-WC and IRFC will be naturally intruiging; the RTCC is back; and over the pond in F1ICS, the title fight is set to be the might of IBR and Mastercard Lola v Michael Bright Racing v All comers. All in all, you can guess that I'm definately looking forward to it!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Is the 2016 RWRS season the most anticipated in RWRS history? All the categories have an interesting storylines - F1RWRS has sweeping rule changes and Dagnall moving to MRT; F2RWRS will be wether or not Alitalia dominate; F3 is as open as ever, same as F1RDS; the first seasons of GTR-WC and IRFC will be naturally intruiging; the RTCC is back; and over the pond in F1ICS, the title fight is set to be the might of IBR and Mastercard Lola v Michael Bright Racing v All comers. All in all, you can guess that I'm definately looking forward to it!

Since when do Michael Bright Racing have a hope?

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Is the 2016 RWRS season the most anticipated in RWRS history? All the categories have an interesting storylines - F1RWRS has sweeping rule changes and Dagnall moving to MRT; F2RWRS will be wether or not Alitalia dominate; F3 is as open as ever, same as F1RDS; the first seasons of GTR-WC and IRFC will be naturally intruiging; the RTCC is back; and over the pond in F1ICS, the title fight is set to be the might of IBR and Mastercard Lola v Michael Bright Racing v All comers. All in all, you can guess that I'm definately looking forward to it!

Since they picked up Ryan McReynolds, that's when.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

So their hope is...to occasionally score some points? ;)

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Since when do Michael Bright Racing have a hope?

Did you miss the part where he was just about the quickest driver at the start of the season, before Cassidy Racing fell way behind because I stuck with the Panoz's for some reason?
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Since they picked up Ryan McReynolds, that's when.

Did you miss the part where he was just about the quickest driver at the start of the season, before Cassidy Racing fell way behind because I stuck with the Panoz's for some reason?

Not to mention that Martin van der Meyde and Andre Bianchi picked up a win each, and were on the pace almost every weekend. And that was with the Swift chassis.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:So their hope is...to occasionally score some points? ;)
Not to mention that Martin van der Meyde and Andre Bianchi picked up a win each, and were on the pace almost every weekend. And that was with the Swift chassis.

McReynolds also picked up a win with the Panoz quite late in the season.
Everything's great.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Who will be in F1RWRS first: Terenzio or Raffaella Nicchi?
Trump 2016
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Did you miss the part where he was just about the quickest driver at the start of the season, before Cassidy Racing fell way behind because I stuck with the Panoz's for some reason?

McReynolds also picked up a win with the Panoz quite late in the season.

May I remind you that Ralf Schumacher scored a pole in the early part of the season? That has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion at hand, but I just wanted to mention that.

Is the 2016 RWRS season the most anticipated in RWRS history?

Might just be, especially since the whole RWRS universe has expanded significantly in the 2014-2015 seasons. Hope it doesn't turn out like 2010's F1. :lol:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

When FMecha is telling someone to be patient, you know some serious s*** is going down.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:When FMecha is telling someone to be patient, you know some serious s*** is going down.

So you're saying, I am an hypocrite? Listen, I have gone less impatient nowadays. :roll:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:When FMecha is telling someone to be patient, you know some serious s*** is going down.

So you're saying, I am an hypocrite? Listen, I have gone less impatient nowadays. :roll:

He wasn't saying that. It's just that you have a history of impatience (though you have addressed it). Also I 100% agree with Stramala here.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FMecha wrote:

For once it was a half-compliment and instead you go and ruin it with accusations. Great work...

Image Image
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

FMecha wrote:

For once it was a half-compliment and instead you go and ruin it with accusations. Great work...

Don't be too harsh, you can see how a non-native speaker might not read your comment in as friendly a tone as you intended it.

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Has This kind of shot himself in the foot? It seems to me that Justin Case is really his fastest driver, yet, he is destined to never have a proper career.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Has This kind of shot himself in the foot? It seems to me that Justin Case is really his fastest driver, yet, he is destined to never have a proper career.

It is a bit unlucky for him, but I like the idea of a non permanent character like that

Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Was Daniel Moreno concealing his true identity so that people didn't realise how crap he'd become?

Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Has This kind of shot himself in the foot? It seems to me that Justin Case is really his fastest driver, yet, he is destined to never have a proper career.

Not really, i only have had 5 young drivers in the FxRWRS series, and two of them (Wouter Lamberigts and Justin Case) have some potential, 2 of them are rejectful (Kevin Bainomugisha and Simon Garfünkel) and it's not clear how good or bad Dorien Lamberigts is, tough she's defenitely not the next world champion. If Wouter Lamberigts gets reasonable succes in F1RWRS, i'll have plenty of time to grown some youngsters. Thing is that with the Octan Young drivers program, i choose to put drivers from different users in it, and we'll see how that goes. I have plenty of options for potentially 2 F2RWRS seats in 2017. All my other drivers (Van Dycke, the Mignolet brothers) are just old. Which is a deliberate choice, as i want Ron to be one of the most succesful drivers of the early 2000's, which is before F1RWRS.
I think it's a good thing that Justin Case proves to be pretty good, because this way, other teams will be interested in his services, making the concept work. Unrealistic? No, just blame this to bad management and a naive driver. If he would be a crap driver, nobody would care about the concept and think it's a lame pun. Now people will still think it's a lame pun, but at least people will remember his name ;)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:

Not really, i only have had 5 young drivers in the FxRWRS series, and two of them (Wouter Lamberigts and Justin Case) have some potential, 2 of them are rejectful (Kevin Bainomugisha and Simon Garfünkel) and it's not clear how good or bad Dorien Lamberigts is, tough she's defenitely not the next world champion. If Wouter Lamberigts gets reasonable succes in F1RWRS, i'll have plenty of time to grown some youngsters. Thing is that with the Octan Young drivers program, i choose to put drivers from different users in it, and we'll see how that goes. I have plenty of options for potentially 2 F2RWRS seats in 2017. All my other drivers (Van Dycke, the Mignolet brothers) are just old. Which is a deliberate choice, as i want Ron to be one of the most succesful drivers of the early 2000's, which is before F1RWRS.
I think it's a good thing that Justin Case proves to be pretty good, because this way, other teams will be interested in his services, making the concept work. Unrealistic? No, just blame this to bad management and a naive driver. If he would be a crap driver, nobody would care about the concept and think it's a lame pun. Now people will still think it's a lame pun, but at least people will remember his name ;)

Indeed, Justin Case will be my first port of call if any of my drivers get banned again...

Image Image