Ponderbox for virtual series

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
Gerudo Dragon

Ponderbox for virtual series

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Who's the most successful F1RWRS driver who's owner didn't also own a team?
Trump 2016
AndreaModa

Re: Ponderbox for virtual series

Post by AndreaModa »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Who's the most successful F1RWRS driver who's owner didn't also own a team?

Well Gary Cameron during the early years didn't own Prospec, that's only come into being in the past two seasons, and also Nathanael Spencer who has never been a team owner. I suppose you could extend that to Mark Dagnall who technically doesn't own a team either, his father does, but from next year that team won't exist anymore anyway.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I feel sorry for Red Bull. They jumped ship onto an uncompetitive team just when their previous team suffered a brutal increase in competitiveness :lol:
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Well, probably James Davies right now, but that'll change as soon as the season finishes.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Well, probably James Davies right now, but that'll change as soon as the season finishes.

Ahem, ahem ;)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

AndreaModa wrote:
darkapprentice77 wrote:Who's the most successful F1RWRS driver who's owner didn't also own a team?

Well Gary Cameron during the early years didn't own Prospec, that's only come into being in the past two seasons, and also Nathanael Spencer who has never been a team owner. I suppose you could extend that to Mark Dagnall who technically doesn't own a team either, his father does, but from next year that team won't exist anymore anyway.

What am I talking about! Sorry I completely mis-understood the question, though I guess the point still stands for Cameron and Spencer when they were competing.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Which series are considered RWRS canon? I know F1RWRS, F2RWRS, F3RWRS, RDS, RoLFS, F1RNC and Rejects Indy Series are. I think also REECCS and F1RSTC, but what about LifeGP, ProstGP, pasta's alternate F1 and Warped?
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

pi314159 wrote:Which series are considered RWRS canon? I know F1RWRS, F2RWRS, F3RWRS, RDS, RoLFS, F1RNC and Rejects Indy Series are. I think also REECCS and F1RSTC, but what about LifeGP, ProstGP, pasta's alternate F1 and Warped?

Warped isn't canon with RWRS. Plus, time setting problems led to REECCS being set "beyond time and space", just like Warped, possibly removing it's canoncity. Oh, and you should add F1RGP2C to the RWRS-canon list. ;)

Do we need a "rantbox for virtual series"? I am planning to start one - for more heated discussions. :?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

pi314159 wrote:Which series are considered RWRS canon? I know F1RWRS, F2RWRS, F3RWRS, RDS, RoLFS, F1RNC and Rejects Indy Series are. I think also REECCS and F1RSTC, but what about LifeGP, ProstGP, pasta's alternate F1 and Warped?

Most people tend do make their storylines realistic, and if they use the same characters in multiple series, they often mention their past exploits. I'd say F1RGP2C, LifeGP, ProstGP and both of Pasta's series (Formula One and RTCC) are canon.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Why doesn't F1RWRS use any tiebrakers for Teams/Drivers with the same amount of points?
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

pi314159 wrote:Why doesn't F1RWRS use any tiebrakers for Teams/Drivers with the same amount of points?

Who told you that?? It does, but it's only calculated when season ends.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Aerond wrote:
pi314159 wrote:Why doesn't F1RWRS use any tiebrakers for Teams/Drivers with the same amount of points?

Who told you that?? It does, but it's only calculated when season ends.

If that's the case, then it's not reflected in the tables on the wiki, which show ties.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Two reasons:
1. I was lazy and didn't trust myself to get tiebreakers right.
2. I personally don't believe a mediocre driver with one or two decent results should be ahead of someone with the same points with more consistent results instead.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:2. I personally don't believe a mediocre driver with one or two decent results should be ahead of someone with the same points with more consistent results instead.

Unfortunately that's the only way to resolve those sort of tie-breaks. ;)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Now that I've used creative license to make The Fox the new owner of Reynard, will there be any links between Reynard and ArrowTech in the future?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wizzie wrote:Now that I've used creative license to make The Fox the new owner of Reynard, will there be any links between Reynard and ArrowTech in the future?

What the hell is that? Are you just casually re-writing most teams' histories?

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
the Masked Lapwing

AndreaModa wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:2. I personally don't believe a mediocre driver with one or two decent results should be ahead of someone with the same points with more consistent results instead.

Unfortunately that's the only way to resolve those sort of tie-breaks. ;)

Which is why I gave them equal positions. Everybody wins!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

To me that system is perfectly fair. Who tells you that isolated brilliant result isn't the product of a day of sheer brilliance by a driver with an uncompetitive car? Besides, everything's so relative, you may as well have a clear system with a clear logic to resolve ties.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

And F1RMGP uses a more illogical way: tiebreaks are counted by DNQs. Wut? :?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

FMecha wrote:And F1RMGP uses a more illogical way: tiebreaks are counted by DNQs. Wut? :?

Because this is a Formula One Rejects series and is hence rejectful actions are counted before commendable actions. Plus, this is something the FIA would never have thought of.

Say under a season run the same way as F1RMGP 2015: driver A qualifies ten times, fails eight times and scores four 10th places; driver B qualifies once, scores an 8th place, and racks up seventeen DNPQs. Who's the more rejectful driver? B, so he gets the lower placing, even if under any other system B would have been placed above A. Likewise, who was the only driver to rack up four wins in F1RMGP 2012? Chris Dagnall. Who also managed to not qualify for one race in a car that should have never been anywhere near being threatened with a DNQ? Chris Dagnall. Had he been even on points with anyone, that catastrophic and embarrassing error is what would have cost him the championship position.

The moral of this story is: if you're going to compete in any series run to F1RMGP rules, don't make catastrophic and embarrassing errors! They will bite you!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Nathan McKane is the most over-hyped driver to have secured a seat in F1RWRS. With Aerond's new experience calculations coming into effect, he's going to bomb, especially compared to Kazama.

Note to all teams still considering their line-ups - experience, and success, will determine which drivers do well next year. Pick junior category drivers that have won races and challenged for titles, and likewise for current F1RWRS drivers. Don't bother with the sentimentality, it'll cost you. You can count on it.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AndreaModa wrote:Note to all teams still considering their line-ups - experience, and success, will determine which drivers do well next year. Pick junior category drivers that have won races and challenged for titles, and likewise for current F1RWRS drivers. Don't bother with the sentimentality, it'll cost you. You can count on it.

And that's exactly why I went for Lon because I knew that Nicolas would be murdered for his 2012 Indy 500 start and his 2013 season. Although Melrose himself would have been a better choice, after the first half of 2015, he had absolutely no interest in continuing his F1RWRS career.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Nathan McKane is the most over-hyped driver to have secured a seat in F1RWRS. With Aerond's new experience calculations coming into effect, he's going to bomb, especially compared to Kazama.

Note to all teams still considering their line-ups - experience, and success, will determine which drivers do well next year. Pick junior category drivers that have won races and challenged for titles, and likewise for current F1RWRS drivers. Don't bother with the sentimentality, it'll cost you. You can count on it.

After winning the RoLFS title Marcel Agyemang-Badu had gone to F2RWRS instead of F1RWRS, where you can bet he'll be in with a shout of the title. If he has both in his trophy room he'll be one of the best rookies moving up the ranks in the coming seasons. And I'm holding back Kremnicky and van Nieuwenhuijzen to get one of them the title and more F1RWRS testing experience before making the step up. The Alitalia Juniores Squadra will be the best driver academy in RWRS, you can put your house on it.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:Nathan McKane is the most over-hyped driver to have secured a seat in F1RWRS. With Aerond's new experience calculations coming into effect, he's going to bomb, especially compared to Kazama.

After winning the RoLFS title Marcel Agyemang-Badu had gone to F2RWRS instead of F1RWRS, where you can bet he'll be in with a shout of the title. If he has both in his trophy room he'll be one of the best rookies moving up the ranks in the coming seasons. And I'm holding back Kremnicky and van Nieuwenhuijzen to get one of them the title and more F1RWRS testing experience before making the step up. The Alitalia Juniores Squadra will be the best driver academy in RWRS, you can put your house on it.

Forget it, you're going to get beaten to the title by your own driver Van Nieuwenhuijzen who drives a car powered by your own engines!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Can someone explain to me exactly how old is Miko Fakkinen? I mean, he made his debut in the F1RGP2C in 1994 but it says he was part of IBR's development program for 2013 on his wiki page.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Wizzie wrote:Can someone explain to me exactly how old is Miko Fakkinen? I mean, he made his debut in the F1RGP2C in 1994 but it says he was part of IBR's development program for 2013 on his wiki page.

If he had been 18 years old in 1994, he would be 39 in 2015. So theoretically it's possible for him to have participated in both series. But it doesn't make sense for him to be in the driver development program. But maybe he's the Gary Paffet of RWRS. Paffet did a young driver test despite being over 30 years old.
the Masked Lapwing

pi314159 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:Can someone explain to me exactly how old is Miko Fakkinen? I mean, he made his debut in the F1RGP2C in 1994 but it says he was part of IBR's development program for 2013 on his wiki page.

If he had been 18 years old in 1994, he would be 39 in 2015. So theoretically it's possible for him to have participated in both series.

And people say Frank Zimmer should retire.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pi314159 wrote:

If he had been 18 years old in 1994, he would be 39 in 2015. So theoretically it's possible for him to have participated in both series.

I was thinking that he would have made his debut at either 18 or 19 but I just needed some clarification. Either way, somebody's inherited a dud over at the F1RWRS when the new driver system kicks in.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wizzie wrote:
pi314159 wrote:

I was thinking that he would have made his debut at either 18 or 19 but I just needed some clarification. Either way, somebody's inherited a dud over at the F1RWRS when the new driver system kicks in.

Serves them right for not being able to look at dates and count properly. :roll:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

On the Damon Cannon/Poppy Whitechapel situation, I'm just gonna pull a retcon and say there were two completely different drivers, both by the same name, but from different parts of the UK. They have never met before.

That should hopefully keep Damon competitive enough in the F1RWRS until Thomas Butler and/or Laura Wener work their way through F3 and F2 in the next few years. ;)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Yeah, I don't really understand it, I wasn't the one who wrote that little bit, but I just left it there because it sounded ok. This was before I bothered wandering into the world of F1RGP2C!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Ah, but the latter is Mikko Fäkkinen Jr., the son of the Mikko Fäkkinen that competed in F1RGP2C :)
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

It appears Miko Fakkinen is suddenly interesting - the RWRS universe never ceases to surprise me.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Warren Hughes wrote:It appears Miko Fakkinen is suddenly interesting - the RWRS universe never ceases to surprise me.

Next thing you know, Gillet will become interesting...
Everything's great.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

It'll be interesting to see how well Douglas Mann goes in the HRT next year, with all his experience...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:It appears Miko Fakkinen is suddenly interesting - the RWRS universe never ceases to surprise me.

And they certainly will, with the most experienced need driver line-up on the whole grid. Gillet for 2016 DC and CC anyone? :P
Last edited by pasta_maldonado on 20 Feb 2013, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

And they certainly will, with the most experienced need driver line-up on the whole grid. Gillette for 2016 DC and CC anyone? :P

Hmmm, maybe James Davies won't be so hopeless half the time...
Everything's great.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

And they certainly will, with the most experienced need driver line-up on the whole grid. Gillette for 2016 DC and CC anyone? :P

Cue monstrously bad luck with the car stats and a year better than only 2012.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

And they certainly will, with the most experienced need driver line-up on the whole grid. Gillet for 2016 DC and CC anyone? :P

If they're gonna achieve anything next year, it'll more than likely be with De Bock, as Moll will be hit badly in the stats generator for his awful 2012 season. Whether 2011 and 2013 make up for it however remains to be seen.

Speaking of 2016, I'm expected big things from Alitalia and ArrowTech next year, as they are two of the three teams on the grid where keeping their chassis for next year is actually a preferable option as they have high downforce and handling ratings. Which basically means so long they get a half-decent engine, they're already one step ahead of the game (Altailia are probably even better off in this regard as they can probably get a dirt-cheap works deal with Lancia and develop the crap out of the engine for next to nothing).
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

There are a few one-lap specialists knocking around the RWRS at the moment (DTorrente, MVDM, Lamberigtss spring to mind), but who in RWRS history has been the ultimate qualifying master?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?