Ponderbox for virtual series

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
TomWazzleshaw

Re: Ponderbox for virtual series

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

That reminds me, if I can't get a hold of AdrianSutil within the next day or so, will I be able to use Case in the Kingfisher for Indy?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wizzie wrote:That reminds me, if I can't get a hold of AdrianSutil within the next day or so, will I be able to use Case in the Kingfisher for Indy?

He doesn't appear to be racing anywhere else at the moment (RoLFS being well and truly finished) so I think that he is.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Wizzie wrote:That reminds me, if I can't get a hold of AdrianSutil within the next day or so, will I be able to use Case in the Kingfisher for Indy?

As long as none of my regular drivers (in F2RWRS, IFRC, F3RWRS) are injured or banned, everybody can use him. First come, first serve.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I think Catarina Lopes' nickname should be Merdinha. That pretty much reflects her ability...

Image Image
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Do the top drivers of F1RSTC get a reject superlicence? Just asking, because the top three from RTCC do.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

pi314159 wrote:Do the top drivers of F1RSTC get a reject superlicence? Just asking, because the top three from RTCC do.
Don't think so.

Why was Daniel Melrose so good in F1, yet so crap in F1RWRS?
Trump 2016
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

darkapprentice77 wrote:
pi314159 wrote:Do the top drivers of F1RSTC get a reject superlicence? Just asking, because the top three from RTCC do.
Don't think so.

Cough10%difficultyCough. :P :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

East Londoner wrote:
darkapprentice77 wrote:
Don't think so.

Cough10%difficultyCough. :P :lol:

10 per cent? Ha, some say he played time trial and simply made up the opponents :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Shouldn't Douglas Mann be classed as a British driver rather than a Manx driver?
Trump 2016
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Shouldn't Douglas Mann be classed as a British driver rather than a Manx driver?

He prefers to race under the Manx flag though. Last time I checked, the Isle of Man wasn't an independent nation, so, strictly speaking, that shouldn't be allowed in an international series. That's just my personal pet peeve, though.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
darkapprentice77 wrote:Shouldn't Douglas Mann be classed as a British driver rather than a Manx driver?

He prefers to race under the Manx flag though. Last time I checked, the Isle of Man wasn't an independent nation, so, strictly speaking, that shouldn't be allowed in an international series. That's just my personal pet peeve, though.

Yes, officially he should race under the British flag, in the same way Manxman Mark Cavendish races for Team GB at the Olympics, but the Isle of Man in the Commonwealth Games. But it's no big deal from my point of view, it's only a flag. ;)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Officially, the Isle of Man is internally self-governing, with Britain/UK merely responsible for its good governance and international diplomacy, but is part of UK and Ireland's Common Travel Area. So I would prefer Douglas Mann to remain under the Manx flag. But as to why his sister races under the UK flag is another story...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Image Image
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Possibly coming to an F1 Rejects near you...
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

dr-baker wrote:Officially, the Isle of Man is internally self-governing, with Britain/UK merely responsible for its good governance and international diplomacy, but is part of UK and Ireland's Common Travel Area. So I would prefer Douglas Mann to remain under the Manx flag. But as to why his sister races under the UK flag is another story...

Maybe we can just solve the issue by going the Tropico route and make the IoM completely independent in this universe?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Officially, the Isle of Man is internally self-governing, with Britain/UK merely responsible for its good governance and international diplomacy, but is part of UK and Ireland's Common Travel Area. So I would prefer Douglas Mann to remain under the Manx flag. But as to why his sister races under the UK flag is another story...

Maybe we can just solve the issue by going the Tropico route and make the IoM completely independent in this universe?

Only for them to be governed by a complete nincompoop who gets them invaded by a very close and much larger neighbour, who then set up a puppet government led by some famous racing driver who just happened to be there? :lol:
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

We're on TV Tropes!

Who make that page, by the way? :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

FMecha wrote:We're on TV Tropes!

Name dropped I like it :lol:

And a quick click of the history button says that the page was made by a certain ryangregg.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Klon wrote:

Only for them to be governed by a complete nincompoop who gets them invaded by a very close and much larger neighbour, who then set up a puppet government led by some famous racing driver who just happened to be there? :lol:

Nah. It's already been done... :roll:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

Ah, gotta love the 'No Such Thing as Notability" clause :D
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

pasta_maldonado wrote:

And a quick click of the history button says that the page was made by a certain ryangregg.

You know what? Before I saw that I thought it may have been him...just because I remember these were the same three names dropped when he was trying to pick up people to run one of his abortive racing series.

Ataxia Holmes, at your service. :lol:
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

I only just found out yesterday that Fredo Mestolio is one of the computer opponents on TOCA Race Driver 3 (aka V8 Supercars 3). In a way it's quite appropriate that he drives for Prospec, though I don't think he ever drives for them in-game.

On another note, the lockers at my regular swimming pool are manufactured by Prospec. Every time I go I can't help but spend the next ten minutes thinking about the PMMF.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Warren Hughes wrote:On another note, the lockers at my regular swimming pool are manufactured by Prospec. Every time I go I can't help but spend the next ten minutes thinking about the PMMF.

I was watching an old VHS recorded episode of Gazzetta Football Italia, and noticed their competition to win tickets to a game in Serie A was sponsored by Alitalia. For those who don't know, it was from way back in 1996. Seems they've been getting their foot in the metaphorical door contained in my mind for a lot longer than I first thought...

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Warren Hughes wrote:I only just found out yesterday that Fredo Mestolio is one of the computer opponents on TOCA Race Driver 3 (aka V8 Supercars 3). In a way it's quite appropriate that he drives for Prospec, though I don't think he ever drives for them in-game.

That was deliberate.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Why did we give F1RWRS to someone that actually has a life?
Trump 2016
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

eurobrun wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:I only just found out yesterday that Fredo Mestolio is one of the computer opponents on TOCA Race Driver 3 (aka V8 Supercars 3). In a way it's quite appropriate that he drives for Prospec, though I don't think he ever drives for them in-game.

That was deliberate.

No it wasn't, I signed him for Prospec without realising he was one of the ToCA Race Driver 3 drivers.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
RonDenisDeletraz

Warren Hughes wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

That was deliberate.

No it wasn't, I signed him for Prospec without realising he was one of the ToCA Race Driver 3 drivers.

What I meant is that it is no coincidence that he is named that
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

I'm thinking of starting a series here with NR2003, that will have videos of all the races, which will be done live on Twitch.tv with a GNLTV live race tracker if you don't want to hear me doing commentary. :P

It will be either the FIR Camaro Cup (see the image I posted earlier) or RejecTrucks, which will use the recently-released UK Pickup Truck bodies.

Canon status is debatable on either, and grid sizes... honestly I don't care if there are 10 on the grid or 30 on the grid.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Name dropped I like it :lol:

I might have said the same thing, but I'll bet that page lasts about as long as ryangregg's virtual series ideas...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Cynon wrote:I'm thinking of starting a series here with NR2003, that will have videos of all the races, which will be done live on Twitch.tv with a GNLTV live race tracker if you don't want to hear me doing commentary. :P

It will be either the FIR Camaro Cup (see the image I posted earlier) or RejecTrucks, which will use the recently-released UK Pickup Truck bodies.

Canon status is debatable on either, and grid sizes... honestly I don't care if there are 10 on the grid or 30 on the grid.

Team Ultimate would be interested in RejecTrucks.

Ultimate RejecTrucks! :D
Message me on Discord.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Shadaza wrote:
Cynon wrote:I'm thinking of starting a series here with NR2003, that will have videos of all the races, which will be done live on Twitch.tv with a GNLTV live race tracker if you don't want to hear me doing commentary. :P

Team Ultimate would be interested in RejecTrucks.

Ultimate RejecTrucks! :D

I've also been told that there isn't really an oval racing series around here, so I think this could fill that void quite nicely.

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I still think calling them trucks is a misnomer. They're just pansy-ass pickups, not proper trucks! I would have been much more up for such a series if it were akin to Fórmula Truck Brasil, where everyone drives tractor units like Merc Axors and the like.

Some research uncovered this - looks pretty cool to me! Shame its a standalone game and not a mod for NR, rFactor, etc though.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Stramala wrote:I still think calling them trucks is a misnomer. They're just pansy-ass pickups, not proper trucks! I would have been much more up for such a series if it were akin to Fórmula Truck Brasil, where everyone drives tractor units like Merc Axors and the like.

Some research uncovered this - looks pretty cool to me! Shame its a standalone game and not a mod for NR, rFactor, etc though.

If you want a real truck game...BIG RIGS!
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Not to nitpick or something, but should series ideas be in the planning thread and not in ponderbox? :?

Also, after knowing the 2013 Monaco GP incident, this sums what if Johnny Cecotto Jr and Reiko Megumi collided with each other. Add de Cesaris for a double bonus. :lol:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Why does F1RWRS go to Monaco?
Trump 2016
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Why does F1RWRS go to Monaco?

'Twas a gift the Mad Uncle left the Prieto administration while the two were duking it out for the Commissionership back in 2012 :P

Seriously though, your guess is as good as mine.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

You'd have to ask Aerond. While you're at it, ask him why he hasn't settled the Australian GP dispute yet.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
RonDenisDeletraz

the Masked Lapwing wrote:

You'd have to ask Aerond. While you're at it, ask him why he hasn't settled the Australian GP dispute yet.

Just wondering, why did you call the Adelaide race the Tasman GP way back in 2010?

the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

eurobrun wrote:

Just wondering, why did you call the Adelaide race the Tasman GP way back in 2010?

I didn't, if fact I never gave any races official names. It was someone (I think tommy) who created a page for the 2010 season on the old old wiki and gave everything the names (I'd never have come up with 3 or 4 different names for the German races)
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

eurobrun wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:You'd have to ask Aerond. While you're at it, ask him why he hasn't settled the Australian GP dispute yet.

I didn't, if fact I never gave any races official names. It was someone (I think tommy) who created a page for the 2010 season on the old old wiki and gave everything the names (I'd never have come up with 3 or 4 different names for the German races)

'Twas me indeed. I can't clearly remember why I called it that, to be honest. I believe it has something to do with the Tasman Series, who was pretty much never in Tasmania. Or the fact that I thought that I would be clever by naming it for something outside of Adelaide's state. New Zealand Grand Prix wouldn't do. Tasmania. Bingo.

I was 15, give me a break :lol:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?