Ponderbox for virtual series

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
dr-baker

Re: Ponderbox for virtual series

Post by dr-baker »

Pippa Mann wrote:I have called a press conference today to explain some rumours and counterrumours that have been circulating around the paddock ever since Ben Fleet proposed to me on the podium at the last race.

Firstly, it has been rumoured that Ben Fleet only proposed because it was rumoured that I was pregnant. This in NOT true. This is something that we have been discussing for some time now, and he was merely waiting for an opportune moment to pop the question. I thought doing it on the podium after I finished second was brilliant and required a bit of quick thinking and spontaneity.

Secondly, I AM NOT PREGNANT. It is true that I went for a pregnancy test with the doctor just before I flew out to the last race, but it transpired later that there is no baby whatsoever in my womb. Ben Fleet and I would indeed like one at some point, but the immediate aim is to push forward to the final race of this season and then to focus on the 2016 season.

Thirdly, I would like to apologise to Aeroracing for any confusion that all this may have caused. I am sorry that I did not let you know that I went for a pregnancy test, I am sorry that I did not let you know that we were trying and I am sorry that it all happened at a critical moment in the driver market negotiations for next season.

And lastly, I would like to announce that I would like to stay on at Aeroracing for next season, team-willing, and that Ben Fleet and I will put off trying for a baby for at least another 12 months.

Thank you for your time and patience.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

You could have just have her lose the child. Wouldn't havge needed a retcon and would have made for even more soap-esque headlines. :lol:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Well, no worries then. Phoenix McAllister understands. Aeroracing can offer Pippa Mann the chance to walk away at the end of 2016 if her wish is to have a baby free of compromise while we negotiate with other drivers to take her seat for 2017.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:You could have just have her lose the child. Wouldn't havge needed a retcon and would have made for even more soap-esque headlines. :lol:

Ugh, no. I know that was a joke, but let's keep this as far away from Ctrl-Alt-Del as possible.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Oh, and for those who are curious, The Stig Aeroracing is employing is Daniel Moreno, of F1RGP2C fame. I'm tired of running a covered-up character, end of it.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Klon wrote:You could have just have her lose the child. Wouldn't havge needed a retcon and would have made for even more soap-esque headlines. :lol:

Ugh, no. I know that was a joke, but let's keep this as far away from Ctrl-Alt-Del as possible.

That would seriously have compromised her ability behind the wheel if she had lost a child, hense why it did not happen. The fact that she had a pregnancy test proves that it was indeed on the cards, but that she wasn't in fact pregnant is the cop-out!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Phoenix wrote:Well, no worries then. Phoenix McAllister understands. Aeroracing can offer Pippa Mann the chance to walk away at the end of 2016 if her wish is to have a baby free of compromise while we negotiate with other drivers to take her seat for 2017.

Pippa Mann appreciates a caring, understanding boss. It is how she aims to run Foxdale.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Phoenix wrote:Oh, and for those who are curious, The Stig Aeroracing is employing is Daniel Moreno, of F1RGP2C fame. I'm tired of running a covered-up character, end of it.

Daniel Moreno!? Excellent! :lol: Shame he didn't get revealed at the last race though, F1RGP2C James Davies' reaction would've been priceless! :lol:

Also, you do realise he's nearly 50 now, right...?
Everything's great.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Christ what a load of huff about a grand total of bugger all that was! :roll:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Phoenix wrote:Oh, and for those who are curious, The Stig Aeroracing is employing is Daniel Moreno, of F1RGP2C fame. I'm tired of running a covered-up character, end of it.

Daniel Moreno!? Excellent! :lol: Shame he didn't get revealed at the last race though, F1RGP2C James Davies' reaction would've been priceless! :lol:

Is he? Well, Leonhard von Gottorp raced at F1RWRS into his 70s :lol:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Phoenix wrote:

Is he? Well, Leonhard von Gottorp raced at F1RWRS into his 70s :lol:

...and was hopelessly shite whilst doing so.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:...and was hopelessly shite whilst doing so.

He drove a Tropico TGP-001. Kind of hard to not suck whilst doing so. :lol:
He did kick Miko Fäkkinen's arse for most of the time though.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I've gone back to lengthening the shortest pages on the wiki again, and I've stumbled across a small issue with Edward Restov Jr.

He took part in the F3RWRS Spa SuperPrix, so had to be born sometime after 1980, yet he raced in F1 in 1995. I'm not including his F1 stint in his page until this is resolved.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:

Yeah, but it's Miko Fakkinen...
Everything's great.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Well, that shouldn't matter since, after thinking about it, I'm likely to sack him at the end of 2016 to make way for someone more solid and who can drive fast.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Klon wrote:

That's why I didn't enter Fäkkinen for the F1RNC. He makes Deletraz look almost competetive.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

So glad the stig has been revealed, always hated the idea of him being in F1RWRS. Age isn't really that much of a big deal as Chris Dagnall was still quite cimpetive in his 50s.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eurobrun wrote:So glad the stig has been revealed, always hated the idea of him being in F1RWRS. Age isn't really that much of a big deal as Chris Dagnall was still quite cimpetive in his 50s.

I don't know the number exactly but I think, considering he is Dennis' brother, than Ron Mignolet must also be quite old! After all, he is also in F1RGP2C...

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Phoenix wrote:Well, that shouldn't matter since, after thinking about it, I'm likely to sack him at the end of 2016 to make way for someone more solid and who can drive fast.

Does this mean we should go back on the wiki and change The Stig to Daniel Moreno, put Moreno in with the Stig in brackets, or just leave it?
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Well, that shouldn't matter since, after thinking about it, I'm likely to sack him at the end of 2016 to make way for someone more solid and who can drive fast.

Does this mean we should go back on the wiki and change The Stig to Daniel Moreno, put Moreno in with the Stig in brackets, or just leave it?

Also, should his flag be changed to Canada or remain as United Kingdom?

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I think Moreno (erm... The Stig) is calling it a day after the 2015 season. (Now that The Stig is now technically under my control... :? )

With that in mind, will there be a new Stig? (Not in the F1RWRS)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

tommykl wrote:I've gone back to lengthening the shortest pages on the wiki again, and I've stumbled across a small issue with Edward Restov Jr.

He took part in the F3RWRS Spa SuperPrix, so had to be born sometime after 1980, yet he raced in F1 in 1995. I'm not including his F1 stint in his page until this is resolved.

Sod it, mistake on my part :oops: Uh, would it be possible to James Davies our way around the problem?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
tommykl wrote:I've gone back to lengthening the shortest pages on the wiki again, and I've stumbled across a small issue with Edward Restov Jr.

Sod it, mistake on my part :oops: Uh, would it be possible to James Davies our way around the problem?

I've got an idea; how about you say the F1 stuff is Edward Restov Sr, and make him Junior's uncle (like the Villeneuves...)?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

If the F1RWRS Commission wanted someone to make an F1RWRS video game, who would they give the license to? I hope not Codemasters...
Trump 2016
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

darkapprentice77 wrote:If the F1RWRS Commission wanted someone to make an F1RWRS video game, who would they give the license to? I hope not Codemasters...

It'd only go to Geoff Crammond
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:

Also, should his flag be changed to Canada or remain as United Kingdom?

The second option sounds good. The flag should be changed to the Canadian one.

JeremyMcClean wrote:I think Moreno (erm... The Stig) is calling it a day after the 2015 season. (Now that The Stig is now technically under my control... :? )

And, with that, I've just shot myself in the foot with a sawn-off shotgun.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Aerond wrote:
darkapprentice77 wrote:If the F1RWRS Commission wanted someone to make an F1RWRS video game, who would they give the license to? I hope not Codemasters...

It'd only go to Geoff Crammond

In kayfabe there is a F1RWRS video game, at least for the 2014 season. A shame I never got around to write the review I've planned. Basic gist is: best career mode in any sports game ever, racing a bit too arcade-ish though. :lol:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Apparently this guy is in charge of Alitalia's young driver programme;

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Meanwhile, the official Rejects of LFS game would be developed by Stellar Stone and published by Electronic Arts. Because of the series' bad publicity, most of the drivers and teams who took part in the series won't give the permission to use their names and likenesses in the game, leading to phoney names and liveries being used (much like most of the early F1 games that did not have an official license). As the game would be developed by the company best known for Big Rigs and rushed to the 2015 Christmas market by none other than EA, it would have lots of bugs, include some of the strictest DRM seen to date (which also prevents modding) and customer support would be nonexistent. But thanks to an aggressive marketing scheme and numerous bribes to game critics it would still become a major hit... before the word spreads out in social media.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Nuppiz wrote:Meanwhile, the official Rejects of LFS game would be developed by Stellar Stone and published by Electronic Arts. Because of the series' bad publicity, most of the drivers and teams who took part in the series won't give the permission to use their names and likenesses in the game, leading to phoney names and liveries being used (much like most of the early F1 games that did not have an official license). As the game would be developed by the company best known for Big Rigs and rushed to the 2015 Christmas market by none other than EA, it would have lots of bugs, include some of the strictest DRM seen to date (which also prevents modding) and customer support would be nonexistent. But thanks to an aggressive marketing scheme and numerous bribes to game critics it would still become a major hit... before the word spreads out in social media.

If that was true, Aliens: Colonial Marines wouldn't have been one of the top-selling Steam games from when it came out until like a week ago.
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

We talking about virtual series' "official" video games (in the Reject-universe) here?

In Japan, Kazuhiko Takagi endorsed a game based on 1994 F1RGP2C season on the SNES, just like Uncle Satoru Nakajima used to do in his day. 8-)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

The 1979 mod for rFactor based on the 1979 rFAF1 season would be voted as the best mod of all time, with the cars physics and handling being almost exactly like that of the real things. That is, until it emerges that the player can absolutely blitz the entire field if he drives Danny Ongais' Fittipaldi :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Meanwhile, Alasdair Lindsay brought his name to the Grand Prix Manager franchise, which, while similar to the original, has some extra features, such as the interview element seen in Codemasters' F1 games of late. The options are "Swear at interviewer", "Punch interviewer", "Glass interviewer", and "take piss on interviewer".

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:We talking about virtual series' "official" video games (in the Reject-universe) here?

In Japan, Kazuhiko Takagi endorsed a game based on 1994 F1RGP2C season on the SNES, just like Uncle Satoru Nakajima used to do in his day. 8-)

In early 1998, James Davies endorsed James Davies' Grand Prix Simulator on the Playstation, which approximated F1RGP2C, but did not have any licensing. James Davies himself was a competitor at the very highest difficulty in said game, but was unbeatable without the use of cheats. The game was also originally supposed to feature short motivational and instructional videos by Davies in which he would impart some racing wisdom to the player, until the developers realised that having a Welsh douchebag curse at the player and call them shite and a total loser was probably not a good way to get them to keep playing. The game sold rather well considering, with the notable exceptions of Australia, Canada, and Japan.
Everything's great.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Meanwhile, the McAllisters were too busy being involved in shady projects like Capricorn 1, which designed all the equipment required to stage each and every race in the most important and prestigious motorsport categories around the globe, as well as important landmarks in the history of humanity such as JFK's assasination, the moon landing and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Since they were participants themselves in those championships, who would suspect they were up to something obscure?
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Phoenix wrote:Meanwhile, the McAllisters were too busy being involved in shady projects like Capricorn 1, which designed all the equipment required to stage each and every race in the most important and prestigious motorsport categories around the globe, as well as important landmarks in the history of humanity such as JFK's assasination, the moon landing and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Since they were participants themselves in those championships, who would suspect they were up to something obscure?

Just a thought...
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Cynon wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Meanwhile, the McAllisters were too busy being involved in shady projects like Capricorn 1, which designed all the equipment required to stage each and every race in the most important and prestigious motorsport categories around the globe, as well as important landmarks in the history of humanity such as JFK's assasination, the moon landing and the fall of the Berlin Wall. Since they were participants themselves in those championships, who would suspect they were up to something obscure?

Just a thought...

Capricorn 2 is still on an experimental phase, though it has very recently been used to fake Hugo Chávez's illness and the 2012 European GP, albeit on a developmental capacity.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Phoenix wrote:
Cynon wrote:

Just a thought...

Capricorn 2 is still on an experimental phase, though it has very recently been used to fake Hugo Chávez's illness and the 2012 European GP, albeit on a developmental capacity.

Is Wurz involved? :twisted:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
eurobrun wrote:So glad the stig has been revealed, always hated the idea of him being in F1RWRS. Age isn't really that much of a big deal as Chris Dagnall was still quite cimpetive in his 50s.

I don't know the number exactly but I think, considering he is Dennis' brother, than Ron Mignolet must also be quite old! After all, he is also in F1RGP2C...

36, that's still reasonable.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

JeremyMcClean wrote:I think Moreno (erm... The Stig) is calling it a day after the 2015 season. (Now that The Stig is now technically under my control... :? )

Well, for Brazil there will be a new Stig as rumours are he seems to have grown quite a bit taller since Japan. Whether it's just Sammy Jones in disguise as some say he is is another matter altogether, although it would make some sense in that Jones is probably the tallest driver in the paddock. Allegedly. :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.