The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Re: The Alessandro Zanardi IndyCar Thread

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

go_Rubens wrote:Another brilliant run by Takuma Sato. It seems that he has been fixed by A. J. Foyt. As BCS said, a Hinchtown win isn't something to get mad about. I also agree with Penske being ROTR. Pitiful day.

Seriously, Takuma Sato is turning into a Japanese racing God :P Only Kobayashi runs him close. Or Aguri Suzuki.

I'm very pleased about that.
Sato was great in Sao Paulo!
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

go_Rubens wrote:Another brilliant run by Takuma Sato. It seems that he has been fixed by A. J. Foyt. As BCS said, a Hinchtown win isn't something to get mad about. I also agree with Penske being ROTR. Pitiful day.

Seriously, Takuma Sato is turning into a Japanese racing God :P Only Kobayashi runs him close. Or Aguri Suzuki.

Kurt Busch will do testing with Andretti Autosport at Indy in hopes of doing a future Coca Cola 600/Indy 500 in one day. There is an award which goes to a driver that wins both races in a day. As much as I hate him, go Kurt!

I noticed a vacant entry for Ed Carpenter's team (which happens to use the same Chevy powerplant as the Andretti cars) with only 33 entries in the 500. I wonder why is that seat still vacant. I suspect if Busch's testing is successful he might actually attempt to run the Indy 500 in the #40 this year and attempt the double.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

Onxy Wrecked wrote: I noticed a vacant entry for Ed Carpenter's team (which happens to use the same Chevy powerplant as the Andretti cars) with only 33 entries in the 500. I wonder why is that seat still vacant. I suspect if Busch's testing is successful he might actually attempt to run the Indy 500 in the #40 this year and attempt the double.

I feel like common sense says this shouldn't be allowed for safety reasons, but I'm so glad it happens. Fingers crossed.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Just for completeness sake, here is a list of the drivers who are on the entry list to this month's International 500 Mile Sweepstakes at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Speedway, IN, USA, and who are most relevant to the F1Rejects website.

#5: Ernesto Viso (Venezuela) HVM Racing / Andretti Autosport - former Spyker MF-1 Friday driver
#7: Sebastien Bourdais (France) Dragon Racing - former Scuderia Toro Rosso driver
#8: Ryan Briscoe (Australia) Chip Ganassi Racing 2 - former Toyota F1 Friday driver (in this car, he will be one of the drivers to watch)
#14: Takuma Sato (Japan) AJ Foyt Enterprises - former Jordan, BAR/Honda and Super Aguri driver (the current points leader!)
#19: Justin Wilson (UK) Dale Coyne Racing - former Minardi and Jaguar F1 driver

Additionally, there are some former A1-GP drivers on the entry list, too. It's kind of tempting to give up on my oval watching hiatus.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Yannick wrote:Just for completeness sake, here is a list of the drivers who are on the entry list to this month's International 500 Mile Sweepstakes at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Speedway, IN, USA, and who are most relevant to the F1Rejects website.

#5: Ernesto Viso (Venezuela) HVM Racing / Andretti Autosport - former Spyker MF-1 Friday driver
#7: Sebastien Bourdais (France) Dragon Racing - former Scuderia Toro Rosso driver
#8: Ryan Briscoe (Australia) Chip Ganassi Racing 2 - former Toyota F1 Friday driver (in this car, he will be one of the drivers to watch)
#14: Takuma Sato (Japan) AJ Foyt Enterprises - former Jordan, BAR/Honda and Super Aguri driver (the current points leader!)
#19: Justin Wilson (UK) Dale Coyne Racing - former Minardi and Jaguar F1 driver

Additionally, there are some former A1-GP drivers on the entry list, too. It's kind of tempting to give up on my oval watching hiatus.

Taku did almost win it last year...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

First day of practice for Conor Daly yesterday and to be 28th out of 32 is not bad for the lad also considering he raced GP3 cars during the weekend.

I'm going to bet he's going to beat AJ Allmendinger to rookie of the year!
The ChiltonCraze at the British Grand Prix
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

johnnyCarwash wrote:First day of practice for Conor Daly yesterday and to be 28th out of 32 is not bad for the lad also considering he raced GP3 cars during the weekend.

I'm going to bet he's going to beat AJ Allmendinger to rookie of the year!

Today, Conor's in 25th out of 34 and 7th fastest of the Honda engines. That being said, he was only a mile and a half per hour faster than NASCAR veteran Kurt Busch's rookie test in much warmer conditions. AJ's in 10th. I'll change my sig to Conor Daly's Number One Fan if the Honda of Daly out performs Allmendinger in the race.
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Ed Carpenter in the Pole, followed by rookie Carlos Munoz. :o

What was the last time that a rookie won in the indy?
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Dj_bereta wrote:Ed Carpenter in the Pole, followed by rookie Carlos Munoz. :o

That would be Helio Castroneves.

I wouldn't bet against Munoz though. The Andretti cars have been dynamite all week and he's been putting his more experienced teammates to shame for the most part.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

ED CARPENTER ON POLE. that is the only piece of the "Fast 9" running order i've heard
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Wizzie wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:Ed Carpenter in the Pole, followed by rookie Carlos Munoz. :o

That would be Helio Castroneves.

I wouldn't bet against Munoz though. The Andretti cars have been dynamite all week and he's been putting his more experienced teammates to shame for the most part.

A.J. Allmendinger is also a rookie at least in the Indy 500 starting 5th. However, it is hard to call him that when he already has multiple CART wins and has raced the Brickyard 400 several times in the much heavier NASCAR. Now the question is will the Rookie of the Year also have to win the race given that there is one in 2nd and one in 5th?
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/indy500/eventinfo/52179/

Who is this Carlos Munoz (or Muñoz) who's making almost everyone in the grid looks like amateurs? A total rookie in row 1 for the 500?!
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

SeedStriker wrote:http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/indy500/eventinfo/52179/

Who is this Carlos Munoz (or Muñoz) who's making almost everyone in the grid looks like amateurs? A total rookie in row 1 for the 500?!

Munoz was in Indy Lights and won two races last season as a 20 year old rookie in Indy Lights. Had a pair of mediocre seasons in Formula 3 finishing 9th and 8th in points in 2010 and 2011. Allmendinger has been out of open wheel racing as long as Carlos Munoz has been in a single seater. Both have been impressive to say the least.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

SeedStriker wrote:http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/indy500/eventinfo/52179/

He's also got an Andretti car at his disposal, which is partly the reason why he's so far up. Though the fact remains that his teammates still look a bit silly.
Everything's great.
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

Carlos Munoz is making my rookie of the year bet with Conor Daly look a bit silly....
Munoz did compete against Valtteri Bottas in 2010 F3 which I find interesting

Last rookie to obtain a front row start at Indy was fellow Colombian Juan Pablo Montoya in 2000.
The ChiltonCraze at the British Grand Prix
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

He's also got an Andretti car at his disposal, which is partly the reason why he's so far up. Though the fact remains that his teammates still look a bit silly.

His teammates aren't too shabby. A.J. Allmendinger did it to Helio and Will in the Fast 9 by outqualifying his teammates as well. Munoz has a lot less experience than Allmendinger who has all of his open wheel starts before the split was resolved.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Man, it was painful watching Michel Jourdain Jr go through all that in the last hour of bump day only to not even get a qualifying attempt in. You gotta feel for the guy because he looked absolutely devastated afterwards :|
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Right now, I'm on a rave about Munoz and Allmendinger qualifying so well. However, a rookie on the front row may not be a good thing...

I hope one of the top three qualifiers wins. Munoz an epic win on his first Indy start, Marco Andretti had the curse of '06 haunt him until now, and Carpenter winning as a driver/owner. When was the last time a driver/owner won Indy? If there was one?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

go_Rubens wrote:Right now, I'm on a rave about Munoz and Allmendinger qualifying so well. However, a rookie on the front row may not be a good thing...

I hope one of the top three qualifiers wins. Munoz an epic win on his first Indy start, Marco Andretti had the curse of '06 haunt him until now, and Carpenter winning as a driver/owner. When was the last time a driver/owner won Indy? If there was one?

I for one hope Marco doesn't win; partially because I don't rate him that highly anymore, and partially because it'll mean he takes the lead of the championship from Taku.

And for the record, the last driver/owner winner was Eddie Cheever back in 1998
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Andretti won't win. The Curse will strike again, for sure.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

go_Rubens wrote:I hope one of the top three qualifiers wins. Munoz an epic win on his first Indy start, Marco Andretti had the curse of '06 haunt him until now, and Carpenter winning as a driver/owner.
Screw that, I'm backing Allmendinger for the win. Or Sato, but it's not looking good for anyone with a Honda engine.

go_Rubens wrote:When was the last time a driver/owner won Indy? If there was one?

While Eddie Cheever was indeed the correct answer, I'm surprised you didn't know AJ Foyt was an owner/driver. Kids these days... :P
Everything's great.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Wizzie wrote:Man, it was painful watching Michel Jourdain Jr go through all that in the last hour of bump day only to not even get a qualifying attempt in. You gotta feel for the guy because he looked absolutely devastated afterwards :|

He made an attempt the first day which was an average of 218.3 mp/h about as fast as Kurt Busch's rookie test. As in no faster than a NASCAR driver with little in the terms of open wheel experience and less power as it wasn't the qualifying setup Kurt drove. Simply, that car was terrible as to be no faster than Busch given the added power.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Not surprisingly Taku has no desire to return to F1...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107439

And why should he? Some real opportunities to make some history in Indy Car or the the opportunity to battle for 18th in some F1 shit-box?
Just For One Day...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

CoopsII wrote:Not surprisingly Taku has no desire to return to F1...

And why should he? Some real opportunities to make some history in Indy Car or the the opportunity to battle for 18th in some F1 shit-box?

I think Indy suits Taku better anyway.
Everything's great.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

CoopsII wrote:Not surprisingly Taku has no desire to return to F1...

I think Indy suits Taku better anyway.

both of these

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

go_Rubens wrote:I hope one of the top three qualifiers wins. Munoz an epic win on his first Indy start, Marco Andretti had the curse of '06 haunt him until now, and Carpenter winning as a driver/owner.
Screw that, I'm backing Allmendinger for the win. Or Sato, but it's not looking good for anyone with a Honda engine.

go_Rubens wrote:When was the last time a driver/owner won Indy? If there was one?

While Eddie Cheever was indeed the correct answer, I'm surprised you didn't know AJ Foyt was an owner/driver. Kids these days... :P

I didn't say that I didn't know AJ Foyt was a driver/owner. I knew he was. But, I didn't think he was the last of those kind to win Indy, so I had to ask.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

East Londoner wrote:Andretti won't win. The Curse will strike again, for sure.

Yup.

Now I'm hoping Katherine Legge kicks Dragon Racing's ass. :D Even though I wouldn't mind having Bourdais win, Katherine Legge beating Dragon Racing in the 500 would be so perfect.

I hope Buddy Lazier does well also. Reject action extravaganza!
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
F1000X

Post by F1000X »

There is no curse anymore, Marco just isn't very good.
"Sebastian Bourdais- he once was a champ, but now he's a chump." -Will Power
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

F1000X wrote:

I wouldn't go that far, but I would say that his loyalty to his father's team has hindered his car during the bad years for the Andretti cars with most of his career having been in a period where Ganassi and Penske are the most viable contenders. The only thing saving Marco this Indy 500 is that Ganassi has the Honda engine which no Honda powered entry failed to qualify above 11th.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

F1000X wrote:

He's upped his game this year, but yeah, I doubt Marco will win either way. Mostly because Allmendinger will be too busy winning. :D
Everything's great.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

anyone else feel like Penske dealt with Allmendinger's situation a lot like how the Laker's dealt with Bryant's?

"no no no... that AJ fellow with fenders did drugs, but this Allmendinger guy behind the wheel of that Indycar? he's an Indy500 winner for sure"
"no no number 8(bryant) was the rapist... number 24(his new number same team) is a straight shooter with an unblockable dunk"

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

nome66 wrote:anyone else feel like Penske dealt with Allmendinger's situation a lot like how the Laker's dealt with Bryant's?

"no no no... that AJ fellow with fenders did drugs, but this Allmendinger guy behind the wheel of that Indycar? he's an Indy500 winner for sure"
"no no number 8(bryant) was the rapist... number 24(his new number same team) is a straight shooter with an unblockable dunk"

Except for that fact that rape is far far far more severe than taking drugs, and that as I recall Allmendinger was something of a false positive.
Everything's great.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

yes i know i might have exaggerated slightly sorry

Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

nome66 wrote:anyone else feel like Penske dealt with Allmendinger's situation a lot like how the Laker's dealt with Bryant's?

Except for that fact that rape is far far far more severe than taking drugs, and that as I recall Allmendinger was something of a false positive.

Not to mention that Allmendinger was forced to sit out the rest of the 2012 season after the incident of the false positive.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

How on earth did they not crash?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

JeremyMcClean wrote:

How on earth did they not crash?

Because they're not GP2 drivers :lol:
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Now nothing will ever seem exciting again :(
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:

Now nothing will ever seem exciting again :(

Oh. My. God. :shock:
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.