Rantbox for virtual series

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
DemocalypseNow

Rantbox for virtual series

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Why are there two drivers called Martin van der Maeyede and Martin van der Meyde managed by the same person with the same nationality, it's so flipping confusing :x
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Rantbox for virtual series

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Why are there two drivers called Martin van der Maeyede and Martin van der Meyde managed by the same person with the same nationality, it's so flipping confusing :x

Due to my own incompetence when managing drivers :lol:

I entered MVDM in F1RICS not realising about RWRS canon, meaning I had two drivers in two different series in the same year called Martin van der Maeyede. I didn't want to dump F1RICS MVDM as he was quite good for us, so instead of having two drivers with exactly the same named, I recommend the F1RICS driver to Martin van der Meyde.

I won't be bringing him to Europe though as that would drive people over the edge! :P

F1RICS = Martin van der Meyde
RWRS = Martin van der Maeyede
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

People complaining about The_Lukas without complaining about tommykl who does the same and isn't even rejectful whilst doing so bother me a bit.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

As the original guy who came up with this idea...

Klon wrote:People complaining about The_Lukas without complaining about tommykl who does the same and isn't even rejectful whilst doing so bother me a bit.

You want I to invoke Mecha's law on him? :?

Also, I found DGN's and HRT's confirmed absence from the (upcoming) 2015 F1RWRS Brazilian GP is just BATHPLUGGING UNNECESSARY. :x :roll:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:As the original guy who came up with this idea...

Klon wrote:People complaining about The_Lukas without complaining about tommykl who does the same and isn't even rejectful whilst doing so bother me a bit.

You want I to invoke Mecha's law on him? :?

What? Why do you think that's even remotely what he meant!?

FMecha wrote:Also, I found DGN's and HRT's confirmed absence from the (upcoming) 2015 F1RWRS Brazilian GP is just BATHPLUGGING UNNECESSARY. :x :roll:

I would've thought you would be in favour of that - it makes Mecha's job getting on to the grid that much easier.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
FMecha wrote:Also, I found DGN's and HRT's confirmed absence from the (upcoming) 2015 F1RWRS Brazilian GP is just BATHPLUGGING UNNECESSARY. :x :roll:

I would've thought you would be in favour of that - it makes Mecha's job getting on to the grid that much easier.

At first glance, yes. However, when you know what excuses DGN and Holden made to not to arrive to the GP in question (DGN to focus on F1 and Holden after unable to given a fifth driver for the race due to FZ's legal issues), things became ridiculous. :roll:
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

FMecha wrote:

At first glance, yes. However, when you know what excuses DGN and Holden made to not to arrive to the GP in question (DGN to focus on F1 and Holden after unable to given a fifth driver for the race due to FZ's legal issues), things became ridiculous. :roll:

What's wrong with that? Adds a bit of intrigue to the series, makes it more interesting! That's what an love about F1RWRS-it's so different to F1. Can you see someone getting a bucket of ice water being thrown over them on the F1 podium? Can you see post race brawls in F1? Are the rivalries as intense? The fact that DGN and HRT are allowed to do that makes the whole show more interesting, F1RWRS is not there to follow RL conventions.

I bet you won't be saying how ridiculous the situation is if both Mechas make the grid and somehow one scores a point ;)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:

Hey, if it gets 4 cars out of your way, why care? I know if I was in your position, I'd take anything I could get.
Everything's great.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

This will almost certainly happen...

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
FMecha wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:I would've thought you would be in favour of that - it makes Mecha's job getting on to the grid that much easier.

What's wrong with that? Adds a bit of intrigue to the series, makes it more interesting! That's what an love about F1RWRS-it's so different to F1. Can you see someone getting a bucket of ice water being thrown over them on the F1 podium? Can you see post race brawls in F1? Are the rivalries as intense? The fact that DGN and HRT are allowed to do that makes the whole show more interesting, F1RWRS is not there to follow RL conventions.

I bet you won't be saying how ridiculous the situation is if both Mechas make the grid and somehow one scores a point ;)

I don't see those because "I don't usually attend F1RWRS commentaries - but when I do, Mecha have to qualify for the race first" policy. Yes you are right that I may look try to RL-pushing things, but on the second point (about one of my car in the points), I am very pessimistic on that, just like how Shizuka thinks about his team, Revolution DMS. ;)

Londoner, change "Autodynamics" to "Autodynamics and Dofasco" and you will be very right. I am very sure that Dofasco will suffer EuroBrunitis this year (i.e. the only team that went whole a year without a single race start this season) ;)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FMecha wrote:Londoner, change "Autodynamics" to "Autodynamics and Dofasco" and you will be very right. I am very sure that Dofasco will suffer EuroBrunitis this year (i.e. the only team that went whole a year without a single race start this season) ;)

Which would be a shame because Buyvolov and Tajner really aren't that bad at all. It's all the car's fault. Tajner is easilly good enough to become world champion were he and Mark Dagnall to swap places.

Image Image
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
FMecha wrote:Londoner, change "Autodynamics" to "Autodynamics and Dofasco" and you will be very right. I am very sure that Dofasco will suffer EuroBrunitis this year (i.e. the only team that went whole a year without a single race start this season) ;)

Which would be a shame because Buyvolov and Tajner really aren't that bad at all. It's all the car's fault. Tajner is easilly good enough to become world champion were he and Mark Dagnall to swap places.

Buyvolov needs a better drive too. The drivers can only do so much.

Anyway, with both DGN and HRT out of Brazil what will happen to qualifying? Do five teams advance from pre-q or do 6 drivers DNQ instead of the usual two?
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AdrianSutil wrote:

Buyvolov needs a better drive too. The drivers can only do so much.

I don't understand some teams and their acceptance of hiring mediocre drivers. Why do Gillet stick with Moll after all this time? Why was Cannon the driver Autodynamics went with, and then continued with, when the likes of Plaza and Spencer were kicking around? I would be interested in Buyvolov if my roster wasn't already full of almost-a-world-champion David Koczo and pay-driver extrodinaire(s) Ben Fleet/Ron Mignolet. There wouldn't be many ways in which that lineup could be improved.

AdrianSutil wrote:Anyway, with both DGN and HRT out of Brazil what will happen to qualifying? Do five teams advance from pre-q or do 6 drivers DNQ instead of the usual two?

I expect it will be five teams making it from pre-qualifying.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:I don't understand some teams and their acceptance of hiring mediocre drivers. Why do Gillet stick with Moll after all this time? Why was Cannon the driver Autodynamics went with, and then continued with, when the likes of Plaza and Spencer were kicking around?

Spencer? Were you living under a rock in his stint for Boxtel :lol:

And I don't think there is any problem with the Gillet lineup personally
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eurobrun wrote:Spencer? Were you living under a rock in his stint for Boxtel :lol:

In his single appearance for Alitalia he was faster than Koczo.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

eurobrun wrote:Spencer? Were you living under a rock in his stint for Boxtel :lol:

In his single appearance for Alitalia he was faster than Koczo.

Wow, because on race pace he was absolutely thrashed by Battani at Boxtel so that surprises me
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Why on earth do people keep letting Benoit Voeckler into their seats?

Voecklerrea is spreading like wildfire...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Why on earth do people keep letting Benoit Voeckler into their seats?

IC Reason: Alstom money
OOC Reason: For a laugh
Trump 2016
RonDenisDeletraz

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Why on earth do people keep letting Benoit Voeckler into their seats?

I know that I would never let him into any of my teams

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AdrianSutil wrote:Anyway, with both DGN and HRT out of Brazil what will happen to qualifying? Do five teams advance from pre-q or do 6 drivers DNQ instead of the usual two?

I expect it will be five teams making it from pre-qualifying.

Nope, only four teams will advance. It's just that there'll be one less team in Pre-Q to deal with as well.

And to this day, I still can't understand how EastLonderer chose such a piss-poor lineup for the GB A team when the B team is so much better.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

The canon around here is unnecessarily confusing.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
RonDenisDeletraz

Cynon wrote:The canon around here is unnecessarily confusing.

I agree, mainly due to all the leagues set in the past. The main 5 leagues are really the simplest things to understand in this timeline

RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

eurobrun wrote:

I agree, mainly due to all the leagues set in the past. The main 5 leagues are really the simplest things to understand in this timeline

Probably need a sub-Forum for the RWRS releated stuff. (F1R, F2R, F3R, F1RD, Indy, GTR, RoLFS, probably other stuff I'm missing) The cannon has swelled to an amazing size and it is sometimes tricky to keep track of everything, I agree.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

RealRacingRoots wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

Probably need a sub-Forum for the RWRS releated stuff. (F1R, F2R, F3R, F1RD, Indy, GTR, RoLFS, probably other stuff I'm missing) The cannon has swelled to an amazing size and it is sometimes tricky to keep track of everything, I agree.

As of posting time, the canon (I BELEIVE) looks like this, in chronological order:

rFactor Alternate Formula One (1979-1980)
LifeGP (1991-1992)
F1RGP2C (1994-1998)
ProstGP (2001)
F1RWRS (2010-)
F1 Rejects LFS Cup (2011-2012) (First incarnation of RoLFS)
F1RMGP (2011-)
F2RWRS (2014-)
F3RWRS (2014-)
RoLFS (2014-2015)
F1RICS (2015-)
F1RDS (2015-)
F1RSTC (2015/2016-)
GTRWC (2016-)
Aeronds karting series (2016-)

Admittedly, it's very confusing for anyone new to RWRS what is canon, what isn't and why! :lol: If you have those questions then I'm not the man, but those series are the accepted canon.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pasta_maldonado wrote:As of posting time, the canon (I BELEIVE) looks like this, in chronological order:

LifeGP (1991-1992)
F1RGP2C (1994-1998)
ProstGP (2001)
F1RWRS (2010-)
F1RMGP (2011-)
F2RWRS (2014-)
F3RWRS (2014-)
RoLFS (2014-2015)
F1RICS (2015-)
F1RDS (2015-)
F1RSTC (2015/2016-)
GTRWC (2016-)

Admittedly, it's very confusing for anyone new to RWRS what is canon, what isn't and why! :lol: If you have those questions then I'm not the man, but those series are the accepted canon.

Maybe we should make a sticky thread including what is canon and what isn't?
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
RealRacingRoots wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

As of posting time, the canon (I BELEIVE) looks like this, in chronological order:

LifeGP (1991-1992)
F1RGP2C (1994-1998)
ProstGP (2001)
F1RWRS (2010-)
F1RMGP (2011-)
F2RWRS (2014-)
F3RWRS (2014-)
RoLFS (2014-2015)
F1RICS (2015-)
F1RDS (2015-)
F1RSTC (2015/2016-)
GTRWC (2016-)

You forgot Tristan's Nations Cup which is semi-canon but other than that, it seems about right.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I think F1RMGP is seperate, except the Bathurst Enduro. But I'm not sure.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pi314159 wrote:I think F1RMGP is seperate, except the Bathurst Enduro. But I'm not sure.

If it wasn't for the Bathurst Enduro, the F1RMGP would probably be the headline of the other major canonical timeline (which consists of all of Samster's championships, Tommykl's 1950s F1 championship and your mid-late 70s championship)
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

pasta_maldonado wrote:As of posting time, the canon (I BELEIVE) looks like this, in chronological order:

LifeGP (1991-1992)
F1RGP2C (1994-1998)
ProstGP (2001)
F1RWRS (2010-)
F1RMGP (2011-)
F2RWRS (2014-)
F3RWRS (2014-)
RoLFS (2014-2015)
F1RICS (2015-)
F1RDS (2015-)
F1RSTC (2015/2016-)
GTRWC (2016-)

Don't forget the F1RBCC,though that thing didn't last for very long.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
RonDenisDeletraz

WaffleCat wrote:Don't forget the F1RBCC,though that thing didn't last for very long.

I would much prefer if it isn't canon as it makes my namesake's career background more realistic

pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Wizzie wrote:
pi314159 wrote:I think F1RMGP is seperate, except the Bathurst Enduro. But I'm not sure.

If it wasn't for the Bathurst Enduro, the F1RMGP would probably be the headline of the other major canonical timeline (which consists of all of Samster's championships, Tommykl's 1950s F1 championship and your mid-late 70s championship)

I think they are unconnected? At least Samsters A1GP and tommykl's Formula One are seperate, since Barth died in A1GP 1951 and competes in F1 in 1952.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

pi314159 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

I think they are unconnected? At least Samsters A1GP and tommykl's Formula One are seperate, since Barth died in A1GP 1951 and competes in F1 in 1952.

That's because Tommykl missed a memo somewhere as from memory, at least one driver has been disallowed from participating in the A1GP due to being killed off in tommykl's series.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Well this might be a problem now because i was planning on bringing the ART name back to F1RWRS. After all, Ashley Lilly is the grandson of Mr.Lilly from tommykl's series and Mr.Alexander is a relative of Ashley Lilly.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

AdrianSutil wrote:Well this might be a problem now because i was planning on bringing the ART name back to F1RWRS. After all, Ashley Lilly is the grandson of Mr.Lilly from tommykl's series and Mr.Alexander is a relative of Ashley Lilly.

Agreed,Quentin Reatherson is supposed to be the grandson of entrant Henry Reatherson from tommykl's series.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
RonDenisDeletraz

While livestreaming is a great idea it annoys me that I am very rarely available to watch the stream

AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

eurobrun wrote:While livestreaming is a great idea it annoys me that I am very rarely available to watch the stream

That's because your on the other side of the world.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eurobrun wrote:While livestreaming is a great idea it annoys me that I am very rarely available to watch the stream

uStream has a record function. All live streams should be there to watch after the live event, if Aerond/Myself hand out the links that is.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

AdrianSutil wrote:

That's because your on the other side of the world.

I think he's on his phone, tbh
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

pasta_maldonado wrote:ProstGP (2001)

I object to that. You can count the connections to RWRS in that series on one hand. The current SRL has more connections than that.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Klon wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:ProstGP (2001)

I object to that. You can count the connections to RWRS in that series on one hand. The current SRL has more connections than that.

True, and I admit I forgot the SRL, but ProstGP is a new series, so people are still developing storylines. Besides, it has two tangible relations, Scuderia Vittore form RoLFS and Frederic Maxime Voeckler from F1RGP2C and the RWRS Voeckler family.