PMMF Canon Discussion Thread

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Salamander

Re: PMMF Canon Discussion Thread

Post by Salamander »

Updated to include Rejectrucks.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Updated to include Klon's Alternate F1.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Updated to include F1RBCC - though it only ran like 3 races it is mentioned as being bought up to help form F1RICS.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Salamander wrote:Updated to include F1RBCC - though it only ran like 3 races it is mentioned as being bought up to help form F1RICS.

I am opposed to this for continuity reasons, Jason Hamilton competed in a way which would clash with his establishes canon career. Where was this decided
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:
Salamander wrote:Updated to include F1RBCC - though it only ran like 3 races it is mentioned as being bought up to help form F1RICS.

I am opposed to this for continuity reasons, Jason Hamilton competed in a way which would clash with his establishes canon career. Where was this decided

I... literally mentioned it in that post. It's in the backstory for F1RICS.
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:

Ah, that would be the backstory I created for the F1RICS many a moon ago, which was basically formed from the merger of the IndyCar series and the F1RBCC. Looks like I've got some major retconning to do now if it starts causing too many issues. :oops:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

There are no set dates for when F1RBCC competes and given the large gap in between F3RWRS rounds, I don't find it too unbelievable that F1RBCC just didn't clash on it's first 3 weekends.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Salamander wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

Jason Hamilton competed in the F1RBCC, the canon version of Jason Hamilton was doing F2RWRS just after then so he couldn't have competed. And I certainly wouldn't have entered him had I know it was in the RWRS universe. So I am opposed to this decision and would like to hear what everyone else has to say.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

eurobrun wrote:
Salamander wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

Jason Hamilton competed in the F1RBCC, the canon version of Jason Hamilton was doing F2RWRS just after then so he couldn't have competed. And I certainly wouldn't have entered him had I know it was in the RWRS universe. So I am opposed to this decision and would like to hear what everyone else has to say.

I don't see the problem with him moving to Europe after doing a few races stateside, as it'll add more to his backstory. We can just improvise with the dates and go from there anyway.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:
Salamander wrote:I... literally mentioned it in that post. It's in the backstory for F1RICS.

I don't see the problem with him moving to Europe after doing a few races stateside, as it'll add more to his backstory. We can just improvise with the dates and go from there anyway.

My whole storyline for him was him being in Australia right until he got the HRT drive. As I said I wouldn't have entered him if I knew that F1RBCC and RWRS were in the same universe

the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

eurobrun wrote:
Wizzie wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Jason Hamilton competed in the F1RBCC, the canon version of Jason Hamilton was doing F2RWRS just after then so he couldn't have competed. And I certainly wouldn't have entered him had I know it was in the RWRS universe. So I am opposed to this decision and would like to hear what everyone else has to say.

My whole storyline for him was him being in Australia right until he got the HRT drive. As I said I wouldn't have entered him if I knew that F1RBCC and RWRS were in the same universe

Replace Hamilton with Ryan Zimmer, and I'm in the same boat. If I thought it would be canon, I'd've entered as ZimSport.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Salamander, don't listen to all these clowns. Who cares. It exists, end of story. Leave it at that.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Probably the best place to post it:

Dark77 has been suspended from creating new drivers/characters for the PMMF indefinitely after his persistent refusal to use a Random Name Generator and instead make/use joke names ala Sope Stever, who will remain the one exception.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
RonDenisDeletraz

RealRacingRoots wrote:Probably the best place to post it:

Dark77 has been suspended from creating new drivers/characters for the PMMF indefinitely after his persistent refusal to use a Random Name Generator and instead make/use joke names ala Sope Stever, who will remain the one exception.

Whoa, that is major :shock:

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

eurobrun wrote:
RealRacingRoots wrote:Probably the best place to post it:

Whoa, that is major :shock:

Is anybody else under a suspended warning for this? :shock:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Only if they make joke/not serious names. Dark77 is only suspended from making silly names, unlike what I said a few days ago.. And for everyone else, it's a 2 strikes you're out rule for the stupid names.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Updated list to include RejectRallyTrophy.
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Having done some quick research, I have come to the conclusion that the SRL should be removed from the canon and moved to the non-canon forum. It serves no real purpose in the canon, and there are at least nine driver clashes between it and the Lawnmower extravaganza at the end of last year.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Wizzie wrote:Having done some quick research, I have come to the conclusion that the SRL should be removed from the canon and moved to the non-canon forum. It serves no real purpose in the canon, and there are at least nine driver clashes between it and the Lawnmower extravaganza at the end of last year.

As someone who has run it before, I concur. It's a giant bathplug anyway, so let's fix that.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Seems reasonable to me too... its way off it's supposed schedule anyway. It would make things a lot easier to just remove it from the canon. Also, I should probably add the Porsche Reject Cup, FRENCH, and the ACO LMC.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

I think that there should be a vote on whether F1RBCC is canon or not. I am personally opposed to it being canon due to the continuity errors detailed earlier in this thread.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

eurobrun wrote:I think that there should be a vote on whether F1RBCC is canon or not. I am personally opposed to it being canon due to the continuity errors detailed earlier in this thread.

I'm not holding a vote on anything until I see some actual opposition. One person does not constitute an opposition. Especially when you've let the matter rest for a couple months.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Salamander wrote:
eurobrun wrote:I think that there should be a vote on whether F1RBCC is canon or not. I am personally opposed to it being canon due to the continuity errors detailed earlier in this thread.

I'm not holding a vote on anything until I see some actual opposition. One person does not constitute an opposition. Especially when you've let the matter rest for a couple months.

TMLW also said earlier in the thread that he is opposed to it becoming canon because of Ryan Zimmer. My main reason for this claim is that it is unrealistic from a storyline perspective, there were multiple drivers that either wouldn't be able to compete of it wouldn't be realistic for them to compete.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

You've already stated your argument on this exact page. I've already pointed out that F1RBCC has no set dates. So, unless you can get several other users (preferably those who actually participated in the series) in here, explicitly wanting the series removed from the canon, I'm going to ignore anything else you say on this issue.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

Salamander wrote:You've already stated your argument on this exact page. I've already pointed out that F1RBCC has no set dates. So, unless you can get several other users (preferably those who actually participated in the series) in here, explicitly wanting the series removed from the canon, I'm going to ignore anything else you say on this issue.

It just isn't realistic for some of the drivers that did compete to be in it. If you don't make the series non canon, at least allow me to retcon Hamilton from it.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

eurobrun wrote:
Salamander wrote:You've already stated your argument on this exact page. I've already pointed out that F1RBCC has no set dates. So, unless you can get several other users (preferably those who actually participated in the series) in here, explicitly wanting the series removed from the canon, I'm going to ignore anything else you say on this issue.

It just isn't realistic for some of the drivers that did compete to be in it. If you don't make the series non canon, at least allow me to retcon Hamilton from it.

Just leave it, pal. As Salamander said, there were no dates ever set, so just wonder this: did it ever happen?

Was it all just a dream? What IS F1RBCC? WHAT IS LOVE? BABY DON'T HURT ME NO MORE! DUN-DUN-DUN-DUUUUUN-DUN-DUN-DUN...*is wheeled away into a padded cell*
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Updated to include who runs which canon series.
Everything's great.
RonDenisDeletraz

It has been agreed upon by Salamander on mibbit that Jason Hamilton can be retconned from the series, his role in the league has formally been replaced by Bobby Dollar. If somebody can change that on the wiki it would be much appreciated.

tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Hey everyone, are you ready for some more serious discussion on what should be canon or not? Well you're in luck, because the 1999 F1RGP2C is going to start up soon, and I notice that someone has created a wiki page for the 1999 Alternate F1 season as well. This isn't a problem, but Rory McAllister starts driving for Ferrari in Alt F1 2000 and I'm not sure if I should force McLaren to kick out a very good driver at the end of 1999 just to keep the canon straight. Help! Also, it seems a bit nonsensical to have F1 teams competing in two top-level motorsport series at the same time. Obviously, I want F1RGP2C to stay canon, but I'm gonna need help making a convincing backstory.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

tristan1117 wrote:Hey everyone, are you ready for some more serious discussion on what should be canon or not? Well you're in luck, because the 1999 F1RGP2C is going to start up soon, and I notice that someone has created a wiki page for the 1999 Alternate F1 season as well. This isn't a problem, but Rory McAllister starts driving for Ferrari in Alt F1 2000 and I'm not sure if I should force McLaren to kick out a very good driver at the end of 1999 just to keep the canon straight. Help! Also, it seems a bit nonsensical to have F1 teams competing in two top-level motorsport series at the same time. Obviously, I want F1RGP2C to stay canon, but I'm gonna need help making a convincing backstory.

We have been working on that one. I, in my position of F1 Canonmeister (what can I say, I love fancy titles), mainly proposed Ryan McAllister as 1999 Arrows driver because I used him in 2003 for Williams (because I find Marc Gené as interesting as chest hair but saw no reason to not have the RSC incident) and Phoenix didn't want him to be a one-off guy. We can fix that, that's the minor problem.

Now, regarding F1RGP2C, Salamander, Pasta (who, I guess, is the F1 Vice Canonmeister - he's been working on seasons I didn't want (1999) or didn't feel comfortable handling (2004) and is my go-to-guy when talking about F1 canon) and I came to the agreement that the best story for F1RGP2C, Formula One and the canon is the following: F1RGP2C was intially founded as a series for F1 teams to test driver aids and other tools of questionable legality as well as potential F1 drivers. Due to the racing being good and the people involved being interesting, F1RGP2C started to take more and more of a life on its own. That way we'd have an explanation as to why the earlier calendars were basically F1 and why F1 teams are involved. It would also give the name a sensible meaning. ;)
RonDenisDeletraz

I personally think that F1RGP2C should be considered canon and that the altF1 series be retconned for the clashing years. Just my 2 cents.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

The way I see it is it should be mostly up to Phoenix - Rory McAllister is his driver, after all.
Everything's great.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

I agree with Klon 100%, if only so I get a driver :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Oh, well, I don't have a problem with Rory McAllister moving to Ferrari since all he was doing in McLaren was being number two to James James Davies, and maybe that can change at Ferrari.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

I notice that F1RNC has been moved to the non-Canon section of the wiki. It's probably for the best, considering I have never have any time to operate it properly and it's becoming really problematic with the calendar.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

With Alt-F1 creeping closer and closer to the current canon, I'd like to inquire about scheduling elements. As you might imagine, arranging an F1 calendar is not an easy job. To have a full picture, I'd like any canon series owner (besides the two obvious ones (F1RICS and RWS1)) that don't want their series under no circumstances being part of F1 weekends to drop a response in here.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Seeing as the PRC has apparently died after only one race, I don't see much point in keeping it a canon series.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Updated to include the RWMF and V-Powered Championship. RRT has been removed. AutoReject's series have been added as new entries. List has been modified to include categories. End dates of some series have been added, as well as updates on some changes in series management.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

This won't really affect anything right now, with F1RICS/ARUS switching to rFactor for 2017, but I am no longer permitting any new canon series to use xkoranate to generate results and retain their canon status.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

On the subject of differing track layouts, I'm making this ruling: Series owners are obliged to run the newest possible version they can relative to the year their series is set in, unless this creates a sizeable conflict with another series.

So, things like running the old Hockenheim layout from 2002 onwards is not permitted, but since the changes to the final chicane at Spa are rather minute in the grand scheme of things, either layout is allowed. If there is anything you are unsure about regarding this, please ask and I'll do my best to clear it up for you.
Everything's great.