2016 F3RWRS season - News

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 F3RWRS season - News

Post by Nuppiz »

Prospec (by pasta_maldonado, he's currently unable to take screenies)
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

It's a beaut, thank you.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I can have a stab at one or two liveries if you'd like, I've got a bit of time tomorrow...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I request a remake of the Linton-Solindahl livery please.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Here's the JLDs: https://www.mediafire.com/?9v6rktus22r5d2y

If someone could give them and the Restovs a preview, it would be much appreciated.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Ataxia wrote:Here's the JLDs: https://www.mediafire.com/?9v6rktus22r5d2y

If someone could give them and the Restovs a preview, it would be much appreciated.

"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Thanks, Nuppiz!

Anyway...in my preparations for the future, I give you this:

Autosport wrote:Nebula give Yanagawa chance to shine

After the rounds at Germany have been completed, it appears that Nebula Grand Prix will give young Japanese driver Daisuke Yanagawa the remainder of the season to gain single-seater racing experience.

With the birth of the Formula Rejects Nippon Championship, Astro Racing Group and Yanagawa's father Hiroshi have joined forces to create Cosmo Yanagawa Racing. Part of the deal includes giving seat time to Daisuke, who was unable to find an F1RDS seat at the start of the year. It appears that Thiago Mazzacane will be replaced; despite showing some promise the Argentine driver has still failed to find points in F3RWRS since replacing Stefan Kuntz at Fusion.

It has been suggested that Daisuke is being prepared for a season in FRENCH next season, although it's unlikely that he'll drive for the family team to begin with. Current Red Bull World Race Team driver Takuma Taki has already signed a deal with Yanagawa Racing, and talks are ongoing with current F1RDS championship hopeful Mineiro to drive the other car.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Ataxia wrote:Thanks, Nuppiz!

After the rounds at Germany have been completed, it appears that Nebula Grand Prix will give young Japanese driver Daisuke Yanagawa the remainder of the season to gain single-seater racing experience.

With the birth of the Formula Rejects Nippon Championship, Astro Racing Group and Yanagawa's father Hiroshi have joined forces to create Cosmo Yanagawa Racing. Part of the deal includes giving seat time to Daisuke, who was unable to find an F1RDS seat at the start of the year. It appears that Thiago Mazzacane will be replaced; despite showing some promise the Argentine driver has still failed to find points in F3RWRS since replacing Stefan Kuntz at Fusion.

It has been suggested that Daisuke is being prepared for a season in FRENCH next season, although it's unlikely that he'll drive for the family team to begin with. Current Red Bull World Race Team driver Takuma Taki has already signed a deal with Yanagawa Racing, and talks are ongoing with current F1RDS championship hopeful Mineiro to drive the other car.

Does this mean I will have to replace Taki for the second half of the season?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

eurobrun wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Thanks, Nuppiz!

No, FRENCH is during the off-season.
RonDenisDeletraz

Ataxia wrote:
eurobrun wrote:

No, FRENCH is during the off-season.

Ahh ok then, I wasn't entirely sure when it started and whether there were any late season clashes.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

If someone's willing to just to convert Beirao's livery, I would be very grateful!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

If you own one of these teams:

Dofasco (Lukas)

You now have one week to post your livery wishes. If you don't, I will happily turf you out of the series.

That said, if everyone making liveries could hurry it up a bit, that would be appreciated :P
Last edited by the Masked Lapwing on 12 Jan 2014, 23:24, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:If you own one of these teams:

ZombieKart (tristan)
Aeroracing (Phoenix)
Dofasco (Lukas)

You now have one week to post your livery wishes. If you don't, I will happily turf you out of the series.

That said, if everyone making liveries could hurry it up a bit, that would be appreciated :P

Just make placeholder liveries for now, and I'll help you out with the real things when I don't have three exams to revise for. :P
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Ataxia wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:If you own one of these teams:

ZombieKart (tristan)
Aeroracing (Phoenix)
Dofasco (Lukas)

Just make placeholder liveries for now, and I'll help you out with the real things when I don't have three exams to revise for. :P

Mr Davies loves to use the Banhammer every once in a while and the F3 entry list needs to be culled. Therefore, that won't be happening :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

...point taken. I'll have a bit of time tonight to sort out a Porto Wine and a LSM if they're still needed.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Ataxia wrote:...point taken. I'll have a bit of time tonight to sort out a Porto Wine and a LSM if they're still needed.

Yes, Porto Wine. I am only in three series and I am already confusing team names. Age, where are you going to take me?
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

RejectSport wrote:Junior Bannock 'shocked and dismayed' that ZombieKart may be out of series
Jamaican newcomer Junior Bannock has made a solid if uninspiring start to his Reject racing career, picking up points here and there and being outshined by his stronger teammate Shane Walsh. However amongst rumours that ZombieKart may be forced out of the F3RWRS due to administration issues he spoke out against the team.
"I really hope they get this sorted, man. I saw ZombieKart as a team to grow in, not a team that would be out before my first full season is complete. I'm shocked and dismayed that it sounds likely I'll be without a drive in Germany and beg the team to get everything sorted before then,"
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Sorry to be a pain in the arse, but would anyone mind taking a few snapshots of these? Danke!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ataxia wrote:Sorry to be a pain in the arse, but would anyone mind taking a few snapshots of these? Danke!

Not bad for a brown car :P
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

I'm gonna need some help for the ZombieKart livery. It's orange and black with some red lettering with "ZombieKart" and the drivers on it. I have a rough sketch on GIMP that looks terrible, but can be used if the livery is needed before anyone can get to it. Thanks.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Sorry to be a pain in the arse, but would anyone mind taking a few snapshots of these? Danke!

Not bad for a brown car :P

Indeed not bad. :)

Great work Ataxia. Thanks a lot!
the Masked Lapwing

It's now been a week, and since I've had no word from The Lukas, Dofasco will no longer be allowed to compete in the F3RWRS.

With that, pretty much every livery is at least in progress, so if they could be done ASAP, that'd be grand :D

Also, with Dofasco out, the pre-qualifying list has been updated:

Code: Select all

Jorge Alvarez Torrente       Nebula
Manon Blanchett              ZimSport
Carlinho                     Porto Wine
Hwok Kwol-Cho                Kamaha
Thiago Mazzacane             Nebula
Jalmerson da Cunha           Octan
Rick Simpson                 Kingfisher
Oliviero Cinotti             Nurminen
Mohammed al Abin             Kingfisher
Rene LeClerc                 LSM
Hristo Nikolov               DSR
Andrea Bianchi               Plus One

12 drivers will now compete for 6 spots.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Would anyone be a lamb and preview these for me? 'Twould be much appreciated! :)

I'm handling the DSRs as well; they'll be sorted tomorrow.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Ataxia wrote:Would anyone be a lamb and preview these for me? 'Twould be much appreciated! :)

I'm handling the DSRs as well; they'll be sorted tomorrow.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Beautiful, thank you!!!!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
the Masked Lapwing

Just another friendly reminder to those making liveries to please get them to me :)

Also, I just need a reminder of any driver changes before Germany, because I have a feeling I've missed a few:

Plus One
OUT: Tommi Hamalainen (injury)
IN: Andrea Bianchi

Nurminen
OUT: Ragnar Larsen
IN: Herberto Dominguez

As usual, if I've missed something, please let me know.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Mr. Lapwing, I give you a brace of DSRs.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Right on cue, I present the Aeroracing liveries:

Just the Kingfisher to go, which I think I said I'd take care of, and then we're all go. Oh, here's a few screenies for you all to whet your appetite.

Aeroracing

Red Bull World Race Team

Plus One Racing Engineering
RonDenisDeletraz

That car is properly good, thanks

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

the Masked Lapwing

With that, all the liveries are done. I've now finished doing the talent files (and I apologise in advance if there are large performance differences for individual drivers, I'm not an expert at rFactor yet), and that means we are ready to go racing!

Tomorrow :P
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
the Masked Lapwing

2016 Round of Germany - Pre-Qualifying 1

Pos  Driver                    Team         Time       Gap

1    Rick Simpson              Kingfisher   0:47.146
2    Andrea Bianchi            Plus One     0:47.176   +0.030
3    Manon Blanchett           ZimSport     0:47.269   +0.123
4    Jorge Alvarez Torrente    Nebula       0:47.281   +0.135
5    Hwok Kwol-Cho             Falik        0:47.281   +0.135
Did not pre-qualify:

6    Oliviero Cinotti          Nurminen     0:47.328   +0.182
7    Mohammed al Abin          Kingfisher   0:47.508   +0.362
8    Rene LeClerc              LSM          0:47.541   +0.395
9    Thiago Mazzacane          Nebula       0:47.559   +0.414
10   Jalmerson da Cunha        Octan        0:47.589   +0.443
11   Hristo Nikolov            DSR          0:47.643   +0.498
12   Carlinho                  Porto Wine   0:47.775   +0.629

I slightly cocked up the grid numbers, so only 33 cars will make the grid, hence why only 5 drivers made it through. And before we bring on the knee jerk sackings, remember, everyone gets another chance for race 2 :P
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Blanchett wasn't totally hopeless in qualifying!? :o
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Could I please go on the waiting list?
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

V8fan12 wrote:Could I please go on the waiting list?

TMLW's cutting down on grid numbers, so there's no waiting list.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Ataxia wrote:

Okay. But is there one if a team pulls out for instance?

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

V8fan12 wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

Okay. But is there one if a team pulls out for instance?

No. What part of "cutting down on grid numbers" did you not understand? If a team pulls out, the grid numbers are cut down, therefore no replacement team will be required.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

AustralianStig wrote:No. What part of "cutting down on grid numbers" did you not understand? If a team pulls out, the grid numbers are cut down, therefore no replacement team will be required.

Oh. Okay then. Sorry I misunderstood. :oops: