2016 F3RWRS season - News

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
the Masked Lapwing

2016 F3RWRS season - News

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

2014/15 thread + links to all races

First things first, check the wiki for a list of what is or is not yet confirmed. If it isn't there and should be, add it yourself or post it here and someone, probably me, will add it ASAP.

Rule changes:

1. 107% rule
Simple. At all events, a 107% rule will be enforced. I'm going to aim for the middle ground between strict and FIA. The only excuses a driver can have for being outside 107% is reliability problems or a blocking incident. Something like, say, throwing it into the wall, will not be a good excuse.

2. Engines
Nothing much has changed, but I have given each engine new stats, so some might be better or worse than last season. The new engine stats, as helped by random.org, are:

Code: Select all

Engine        Power  Relia

BMW            570   5000
Lancia         567   4500
Mugen-Honda    564   4000
Holden         561   3500
Mini           558   3000
Zytek          555   2500
Nissan         552   2000
Daihatsu       549   1500

With the withdrawal of Hydook and Shonan (and Octan changing suppliers), Fiat and Geely have been dropped. With 8 engines and 22 teams, I'm putting a limit on the number of deals one supplier can have at 4. I will make a one-odd exception for Lancia, who I believe already have 5, based on the fact that Stramala and co. didn't know about the limit (although if someone was kind enough to change, that would be brilliant).

3. Penalty points
I'll be adjusting how I hand out penalty points. Rather than a flat 45 points for causing a collision, I'll give from 15-30 depending on the severity and consequences (I was kinder if the driver who caused the accident lost more places than the victim or retired), but leave the ban thresholds the same, meaning it'll take 5 fairly bad incidents to get a ban. Same goes for blocking in qualifying.

4. Drivers and Races
No more third drivers, it just got too complex and doing the 2015 results on the wiki is not going to be fun. I'm dropping the maximum age from 35 to 27, so if you have a driver that is affected, they'll need to find somewhere else to go. The 2016 calendar will be:

Round of Australia - Adelaide - 19-20 March
Round of the United Kingdom - Brands Hatch - 16-17 April
Round of Italy - Monza - 30 April-1 May
Pau SuperPrix - Pau - 8 May
Round of Canada - Montreal OR Vancouver - 4-5 June
Round of Germany - Norisring - 9-10 July
Zandvoort SuperPrix - Zandvoort - 30-31 July
Round of Belgium - Spa - 17-18 September
Round of Italy II - Adria OR Round of Argentina - Buenos Aires - 8-9 October
Round of Japan - Fuji - 5-6 November
Surfers SuperPrix - Surfers Paradise - 20 November

I'm putting three things up to vote: Where Canada is, where we should go after Belgium, and should there be a non-championship race (with a limited grid of 22 cars) in August, so that there is something to fill that gap. Personally, I'm leaning towards racing in Vancouver, racing in Adria and a NC race at Le Mans, but I'd like to know what you guys want (also, if you want Adria, please come up with a better name than "Italy II" :lol: ). Regular rounds will be two 50km races, Pau and Zandvoort will be 100km, Surfers will be 200km.

At the moment, the TBA slot in the entry list is pycku's, but if he doesn't take it in the next week it goes to BlindCaveSalamander. When BCS does get an entry, I will no longer be accepting anyone onto the reserve list, so that I can cut down the grid size over the next few seasons.

All teams that haven't confirmed chassis, remember that you can choose Dallara, Suzuki, your own or make a deal with another supplier (I won't complain if someone brings Lola in, for example).

Also, if/when someone makes a livery, could you make sure you give me two, one for each number, and preferably with different coloured roll bars (I don't care what colours, along as they're different on each car). A couple of teams may have to use a different template for their second car thanks to the way the mod works (I think it's Good Call and Dofasco, I'll have to do the performance files first to confirm it).

Any feedback or ideas would be appreciated and probably very helpful, I'm bound to have forgotten something.
Last edited by the Masked Lapwing on 23 Dec 2013, 06:53, edited 13 times in total.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2016 F3RWRS season - preparations and waiting

Post by Ataxia »

Nebula would like to explore the possibility of having either Holden or Mugen Honda engines.

I'll also get my liveries over to you when I know which supplier I get. As for the races...I don't really mind where we go. As far as I'm concerned, it's your call.

EDIT: Just remembered I've gotta do the JLD liveries as well. I'll get them over to you in good time.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

IBR Lavezzi's particulars;

We abstain from the Montreal vs Vancouver vote (no idea if the latter is any good so not going to make a potentially decisive vote for something that doesn't bother me)
We vote for the Mediterranean Grand Prix at Adria to go after Belgium (yes, I know, not original, but Adria is even closer to the Med sea than Imola is).
We vote for an NC race at Le Mans.

IBR's design house is currently repsonsible for quite a few teams on the grid's cars. If Mazzacane would like, they can have the same cars for next season and I can just renumber the cars for them. Same goes for West Cliff/Foxdale. I don't remember if I did the liveries for any other cars apart from my own and Mazzacane/West Cliff. I get the feeling Octan may ask for theirs to be done by us as well.

And to confirm, we will race with a homebrew Dallara dubbed the "IBR Dallara F3R16".
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:I'm dropping the maximum age from 35 to 27, so if you have a driver that is affected, they'll need to find somewhere else to go.

Right, so that's Nurmester out of Jones then, he's born in '88 so that would make him 28 by my calculations once the season starts.

So I'm on the look out for a decent driver preferably with F3RWRS experience to fill the gap at Jones Racing.

I'd also like to offer all teams with chassis yet to be finalised that they can purchase customer Jones JR-302 tubs. So far they will be used by Jones, JLD and Linton-Solindahl, but new customers are very much welcome! :)
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Linton-Solindahl has yet to take in a second driver,though Jesper Solindahl will take a "talent search" tour around Scandinavia,Germany and France for a driver,although they are still open to offers to pair with George McDrage...if anyone can handle him,that is.

They will also install Mugen-Honda engines into their cars for 2016.

Linton-Solindahl will vote on going to Montreal for Canada,Buenos Aires....1979 Layout(if not,the regular layout should do) for the race after Belgium and the N/C race to be held in Le Mans as you said.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I've thought about the new age restrictions a little bit, and have this to say on the matter:

TMLW, I appreciate you like to be firm with your rules which for the most part works very well, but on this occasion you needed to give people much more warning. I've had Nurmester signed to that seat for the best part of the whole year and now I've been left out in the cold with a seat to fill and most of the best drivers gone. I respectfully suggest an alteration to a more phased in age limit. So for 2016 move to a limit of 30, then down to 27 for 2017, that way people know in advance and can plan accordingly.

Nuppiz, if you are happy with it I'll slot Nurmester into my IFRC team seeing as he's not eligible here any more, and it's ridiculously unfair for people to have their drivers kicked out of a series when so many seats elsewhere have already been taken.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:I've thought about the new age restrictions a little bit, and have this to say on the matter:

TMLW, I appreciate you like to be firm with your rules which for the most part works very well, but on this occasion you needed to give people much more warning. I've had Nurmester signed to that seat for the best part of the whole year and now I've been left out in the cold with a seat to fill and most of the best drivers gone. I respectfully suggest an alteration to a more phased in age limit. So for 2016 move to a limit of 30, then down to 27 for 2017, that way people know in advance and can plan accordingly.

Yeah, I agree with this. I agree with bringing down the age limit, but to do it with no warning this late in the off-season is a bit unfair when you have a situation like AndreaModa, where he's had Nurmester signed for 2016 for quite some time. Though personally I'd suggest a grandfather clause for drivers that already signed a contract to be in F3RWRS for 2016.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Woo, 2016!

2. Engines
Nothing much has changed, but I have given each engine new stats, so some might be better or worse than last season. The new engine stats, as helped by random.org, are:

Engine        Power  Relia

BMW            570   5000
Lancia         567   4500
Mugen-Honda    564   4000
Holden         561   3500
Mini           558   3000
Zytek          555   2500
Audi           552   2000
Daihatsu       549   1500

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I assume that the BMW is the most UNreliable engine while the Daihatsu is the most reliable? Going by this assumption, West Cliff Racing will retain their 2015 package - Dallaras and Mini engines. And they request the numbers 7 & 8 again, please.

As for the calendar, West Cliff votes for Montreal (it's closer to Europe, despite Vancouver being a brilliant city); Adria (Round of the Adriatic Sea/San Marino/Vatican City State) and a NC round... on the Isle of Man (full 37.73-mile/60.72km Mountain circuit)!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pycku

Post by pycku »

I think it is up to me to announce a new team, which is (surprisingly) DSR racing. We would like to get Holden engines. As for drivers and votes - we will take some time in consideration, so that we make some announcements :)
To finish first, first you have to finish!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Oh dear... Daihatsu will have another hopeless year and with that 105% rule, probably won't race at all! :P

Anyway, I will confirm Porto Wine team entry:

Driver 1: Samora Mondlane
Driver 2: Bruno Massa (Brazilian)
Chassis: PortW-02
Engine: Daihatsu
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

In fact, if it is permissible for all parties involved, Nebula would like Mugen Honda engines.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Are the differentials in the engine stats the same or similar to what they were this year?

And are you going to be re-jigging the engine stats every year? - just so that people can wait to confirm their supplier if you are.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

FGCR would like to continue our partnership with Lancia - we are very impressed by the quality of the engines and of the service we receive as a Lancia customer :)

Also, Plus One offer our chassis out to anyone on the grid who needs a decent chassis. The car is capable of more than what it did this year, that's a given :lol:

As for our lineup, for those who don't frequency the wiki it will be:

#12 - Eric Swerts
#13 - Tommi Hamalainen
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Mazzacane of course votes for a home race at Buenos Aires, and I'd prefer Montreal for the Canadian Round. I also would support a NC race at Le Mans. First driver is Thomas Yorke, second driver TBA. I'd also like to confirm Lancia as my engine supplier. I'm going to continue with the Dallara chassis.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Aurico will proably consider BMW or Mugen-Honda engines. Both seats are open! :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Using Lancia engines would've been ideal now that we have an Italian driver signed and all, but NRE is more than happy to take up a supply of Mugen-Hondas instead. With that confirmed, I can now move on to finishing up my livery.

As for Nurmester, I agree that it was a bit poor planning to only announce the age limit now when many of the lineups are already confirmed. However I do agree in principle that the age limit should be brought down - this is F3RWRS after all, and if a driver hasn't reached a single-seater category higher than that by his/her late twenties, then you could question his/her talent. I personally don't mind whether Nurminen drives in F3RWRS or IFRC given that both categories are now near-identical in terms of performance (the IFRC engines have around the same amount of power as Zytek, Audi and Daihatsu here), but if Jones Racing wants to continue with their appeal then I won't object.

NRE votes for Montreal as the Canadian round and Buenos Aires as the round after Belgium. The NC round at Le Mans sounds good enough.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Restov have entered into negotiations with BMW to use their engines for 2016. On the chassis front, could use the Jones' chassis AndreaModa? :)
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Autosport wrote:AUDI CANS DEVELOPMENT OF F3RWRS ENGINE

Audi Sport has recently announced it's stopping all developments for its 2016 F3RWRS engine to concentrate all its efforts solely on the F1RWRS powerplants.

According to Audi's motorsport division director Wolfgang Dürheimer, the team wants to focus on the main series because of its higher prestige and bigger engineering opportunities. The division also wants to keep a good level of competitivity at the ELMS, where the marque is facing ever stiffer competition from Toyota.

This follows the decision to withdraw from F2RWRS after the end of this season after their AF2-1 engine proved to be significantly off the pace during all season. Aeroracing Engineering and Dofasco Lukoil Racing struggled all season, the best result being a 4th place with fastest lap included for Tanner Jason at the soaking Italian round at Monza.

Aeroracing Engineering's main priority for engines to compete in the 2016 season would have been Lancia engines, following on their agreement to run the Italian units in F2RWRS from next year onwards. However, since Lancia's pool of teams is already completed, the team is considering a switch to Mugen-Honda power. The plans for fellow customers Gatorade Fusion Motorsport are still unknown.

In short, Aeroracing is running Mugen-Honda engines next season provided the allocations aren't complete yet.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Nuppiz wrote:As for Nurmester, I agree that it was a bit poor planning to only announce the age limit now when many of the lineups are already confirmed. However I do agree in principle that the age limit should be brought down - this is F3RWRS after all, and if a driver hasn't reached a single-seater category higher than that by his/her late twenties, then you could question his/her talent. I personally don't mind whether Nurminen drives in F3RWRS or IFRC given that both categories are now near-identical in terms of performance (the IFRC engines have around the same amount of power as Zytek, Audi and Daihatsu here), but if Jones Racing wants to continue with their appeal then I won't object.

I don't mind moving Nurmester to the IFRC if I have to, but I already have two drivers competing for one seat over there in Brinson and Massinion, so if I could keep him in F3RWRS that would help massively and result in no-one getting disappointed. I like BCS' idea of a grandfather clause for those drivers over 27 already signed to teams for 2016, so I'm pushing for that.

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Restov have entered into negotiations with BMW to use their engines for 2016. On the chassis front, could use the Jones' chassis AndreaModa? :)

Absolutely! Welcome into the fold!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

4 team limit? Booooo. Why stop people from having a quality product and make them take a shitty engine instead?

On a more serious note, the sudden reduction of age to 27 was exactly that. Too sudden. You have to advise rule changes like this at least half a season in advance. I can't believe I'm asking to reverse a rule change that hurt Jones Racing, but, frankly, it's not a good position to be in. It's just as well I had planned all along to replace Lucarelli with Pykalisto anyway, because he was almost falling foul of this rule. I understand the reasons behind the change, but you gave everyone literally no warning to plan accordingly. The decision should be reversed and implemented for 2017.

Image Image
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Autosport wrote:RESTOV FINALISE DETAILS
Following intense negotiations in Munich, Edward Restov Junior has announced to journalists that his team, Restov Racing, will be running under BMW power for the upcoming season. "I feel this is a big deal for our team, the BMW engines are reportedly the most powerful, so we should be in with a shout of qualifying at most tracks." One condition for the deal though is that Restov have to have significant BMW branding on their cars, as the bigwigs in Munich see Russia as an untapped market for their wares.

To cap off a busy day, Jones Racing announced that they will be supplying Restov with chassis' for the 2016 season. This was expected however, as negotiations between Restov and Jones have reportedly been going on since last November.

Whilst I'm here, could some kind soul please do Restov's livery? Our cars will be predominantly white, with red and blue detailing, and prominent Gazprom and BMW logos in case you're interested
TORA! TORA! TORA!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I strongly advise that this "Bruno Massa" driver be rejected from competition for having an unoriginal and crappy name. I don't find it funny at all :roll:

And I do agree with the age limit in principle but not the way it was introduced. It isn't good that this screws over teams
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
the Masked Lapwing

Yeah, it was a bit to sudden for you, especially if I give Lancia dispensation to have 5 engine deals for exactly that same reason. I'll only drop it to 30 then, hopefully no one else is too badly affected. It will drop to 27 in 2017.

Also, I knew I forgot to mention something: car numbers. I believe only 5 teams have confirmed them so far. Remember, any number between 0-99 is okay, with the exception of #1. Once again, Prospec have the right to use it on their car, if they choose not to then no one can use it (unless Greenlaw comes back). pasta, since DanielPT used the #13 in 2015 he has the first option to use it this year, so you might have to change numbers.

WH, I'm changing the engine stats to avoid the same situation as in the F2RWRS - everyone wants Lancias because they're the best engines. It just so happens that Lancia got lucky. And yes dr-baker, the BMW is the least reliable. Also, the Lancia and Mugen-Honda engines are officially sold out.

pycku, welcome! Remember to name a chassis, and I'm all too happy to let you use Holdens.

As for Bruno Massa, I'm more worried about the fact that DPT would sack the one decent driver he had and replace him with someone who has no experience, but I'm happy to let him in for now. It's not like Sope Stever or B-Spec Bob, there is at least some originality. Some.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
RonDenisDeletraz

Some originality? I'm certainly yet to find any in that name
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
Autosport wrote:RESTOV FINALISE DETAILS
Following intense negotiations in Munich, Edward Restov Junior has announced to journalists that his team, Restov Racing, will be running under BMW power for the upcoming season. "I feel this is a big deal for our team, the BMW engines are reportedly the most powerful, so we should be in with a shout of qualifying at most tracks." One condition for the deal though is that Restov have to have significant BMW branding on their cars, as the bigwigs in Munich see Russia as an untapped market for their wares.

To cap off a busy day, Jones Racing announced that they will be supplying Restov with chassis' for the 2016 season. This was expected however, as negotiations between Restov and Jones have reportedly been going on since last November.

Whilst I'm here, could some kind soul please do Restov's livery? Our cars will be predominantly white, with red and blue detailing, and prominent Gazprom and BMW logos in case you're interested

I shall give that a go, considering I've got a few ideas in my head for it. I'll make a start on the JLD now.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I'd like to use the numbers 23 and 24. I'll just keep last year's livery.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

JLD Motorsport

Any requests for any changes Wizzie, just give me a shout.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Jones will keep #5 and #6. Thanks for amending the rule TMLW, my line-up will thus remain the same. A livery will follow in the near future!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

eurobrun wrote:Some originality? I'm certainly yet to find any in that name

Originality is not really applicable to names. Many countries restrict the naming of newborns to a certain database of pre-existing names. Some rare exceptions that were eventually outlawed include V8, Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116, Chow Tow (Malaysian for "smelly head"), Sex Fruit and Anus. That aside, we're a bit limited.

Truth be told, I think almost every driver name I've ever come up with can be linked to a footballer that already exists. Sometimes this is deliberate, at other times it is totally unconcious. Let's go through some examples;

Diego Mauricio Batistuta
No worries, his career is finished now, he was total s***. Unlike two of the three footballers his name was derived from.
FIRST NAME: Diego Milito, scorer of both goals in the 2010 Champions League final, an all time Inter Milan great.
MIDDLE NAME: Mauricio Isla, winger for Juventus. Note, I created this character while he was still playing for Udinese and was on the verge for signing for Inter, before betraying us. The bastard.
LAST NAME: Gabriel Batistuta. Who else? A Serie A legend, end of. Viola fans everywhere still worship him as a god. And for good reason.

Stefan Kuntz & Carsten Jancker
These two are both real German footballers. They were created back in the Virgin Inter Corse era for their sexual punnage. That's about it really. I don't particularly like either of them, but they were suitable for purpose.

Mineiro
A few footballers have this "name" - it's the nickname often used for someone who is from the Minas Gerais region of Brazil.

Alessandro Lucarelli
Now, this one was a total accident. It was a truly random Italian name I had thought up - or so I thought. As it turns out, I had unconciously named him after Parma F.C. centre-back Alessandro Lucarelli. It was probably there in my subconcious the whole time. Not that I realised what I was doing when I named him.

My point being - it's not surprising people have been so unoriginal. Look at Nino Barlini for example, one of the protagonists from the movie Grand Prix. Even that is a real racing reference of sorts. Or the entire Voeckler family (Benoît [first name nicked from former Inter player Benoît Cauet], Frédéric-Maxime and Jérémy-Étienne [random]) being based upon French cycling cult figure Thomas Voeckler's surname, as a tribute to him - the whole thing started with Timothée Voeckler in the short-lived F1R ProTour.

This kind of thing is just going to happen. I'd just live with it and move on rather than make a big deal out of it. With the exception of Ayrton Senna Jr for example, which is very explicit with its intention. Otherwise, fine.

Also, I don't know if it was already announced by myself or not, but IBR Lavezzi will of cours retain 27 and 28.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Here's what I've done for Restov so far:

Give me a shout if you want any changes; I'm anticipating the shade of blue might be a moot point.
RonDenisDeletraz

I have no problem with those soccer based names but I think no names should be based of real racing drivers. Even though I have violated this in the past (which I am not proud of)

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

All of my driver names I just randomly generated or completely made up myself. James Davies came about because I wanted a fairly generic Welsh pseudonym for myself. Guillaume Gauthier was randomly generated for the teammate to Captain Hammer's rival team in the Precision Motorsports thing, Ashley and Brendon Cassidy I just thought were decent American names, Ryan McReynolds happened because I like the surname and thought Ryan just fit, Calvin Brooks I think I got off the original Papyrus NASCAR Racing, and I slapped Calvin on the front because I like that name, Evelyn Gomes and Geoff Donnelly were randomly generated, and Al Smith is the most generic goddamn name.
Everything's great.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Some originality? I'm certainly yet to find any in that name

My point being - it's not surprising people have been so unoriginal. Look at Nino Barlini for example, one of the protagonists from the movie Grand Prix. Even that is a real racing reference of sorts.

Yay, someone got that!

I'm quite proud of the name "Jules Vergne". For those of you who think I've just fused Jules Bianchi and JEV's names together would be half-right, but it's nod to Jules Verne who wrote "Around The World In 80 Days". In the little twitter things I sometimes use, you'll notice his username is @aroundtheworld.

So...yeah. Diego Alvarez Torrente was a generated player for me in Fifa 07; Jari Lappalainen, Jack Connolly, Marko Jantscher, Jiri Komárek and Florian Grunewald were just country-specific names, and Jonny Greenwood, Thomas Yorke and Michael Balzary are all named after musicians.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Just for teh lulz, my next four junior programme members shall be named;

V8
Number 16 Bus Shelter (especially appropriate given I take the No.16 bus multiple times every day)
Anus Sex Fruit
Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116

Thank you internet for the ideas.

Also, Number 16 Bus Shelter has inspired me. Drivers named after bus routes in my home city;
Craig Rosewell
Trinity Greenbank
Andrew Pentland
That experiment seems to have failed...they don't sound so great do they? Think I'll stick to my fantastically foreign football names instead :|
Last edited by DemocalypseNow on 06 Mar 2013, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:I'm quite proud of the name "Jules Vergne". For those of you who think I've just fused Jules Bianchi and JEV's names together would be half-right, but it's nod to Jules Verne who wrote "Around The World In 80 Days". In the little twitter things I sometimes use, you'll notice his username is @aroundtheworld.

I got that reference! :D
Everything's great.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Just for teh lulz, my next four junior programme members shall be named;

V8
Number 16 Bus Shelter (especially appropriate given I take the No.16 bus multiple times every day)
Anus Sex Fruit
Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116

Thank you internet for the ideas.

Fusion Motorsports Driver Programme - 2391 Edition:

AW-1049-XD
1UC4-B4-D03R
Jonathan Norton-Anti-Virus
Unknown Repair Unit 2
TK-421
Bender Bending Rodriguez
1-1WN5N8M

Ah yes, 2391. Where Alitalia will probably have taken over the world with their own brand of flamboyant governance, Pippa Mann finds a new job as an "Organic Spawning Unit" and Dofasco are still a bit rubbish.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Since it's clear that I lost the arguement with Lappy over making Mini and BMW the same engine, I'd like to explain to customers now that the Mini engine is the 2015-spec BMW engine.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

ZombieKart will return with BMW engines and a Dallara chassis.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

If necessairy, I'm willing to drop the Lancia for a Mugen, BMW or Holden, whatever is available.
And i'll take #3 and #4, to make the team look better than they are. Chassis is still Vaillante, sponsors are still Spa, Octan with some logos from suppliers (chassis, engine, tyres)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
the Masked Lapwing

This wrote:If necessairy, I'm willing to drop the Lancia for a Mugen, BMW or Holden, whatever is available.
And i'll take #3 and #4, to make the team look better than they are. Chassis is still Vaillante, sponsors are still Spa, Octan with some logos from suppliers (chassis, engine, tyres)

So, last year's livery then? Actually, I might use the version that Case used at Spa, I liked it better. If you change engines, the Mugen-Hondas and BMWs are all taken, so it'd have to be Holden or something else.

Speaking of engines, with Audi pulling out I'm going to replace them with Nissans, because I can. They'll keep the same stats.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017