Get Ready for... The ChiltonCraze!

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
LionZoo

Get Ready for... The ChiltonCraze!

Post by LionZoo »

Ladies and gentlemen, we've had Buttonmania. We've had Lewisteria. But those are just warm-up acts to what is surely going to be the boy-bandesque craze of the century. Yes I'm talking about the ChiltonCraze! Get in on the ground floor and be able to tell everyone how you rode the Chilton-Train all the way to the top of the F1 world!
Ben Purse

Re: Get Ready for... The ChiltonCraze!

Post by Ben Purse »

CMON Maxy-Taxi!
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

The Sensation from Surrey himself:

CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Someone tell Charles Pic THATS what a sensible haircut looks like.
Just For One Day...
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

I can't take Chilton seriously yet because he looks 12... despite being only 2 years younger than me

CoopsII wrote:Someone tell Charles Pic THATS what a sensible haircut looks like.

Pic "has his hair zat way becuz it's Stylish"
The ChiltonCraze at the British Grand Prix
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

LionZoo wrote:The Sensation from Surrey himself:

If it wasn't for the fact that I know how old he is, i'd have sworn that i'm older than him.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Kobacrashi

Post by Kobacrashi »

Now I am no expert in creating names for crazes but surely it should be MAXIMANIA

And as his fans we must surely be the CHILTONITES
Kobayashi is back! Need I say more!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

CoopsII wrote:Someone tell Charles Pic THATS what a sensible haircut looks like.

I see your sensible haircut and I raise you Carlos Valderrama.

¿Donde esta mi "worth-it", L'Oréal?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dinizintheoven wrote:I see your sensible haircut and I raise you Carlos Valderrama.

Here follows proof that in football sometimes less is more (of a twat).

Also, on the nicknames thing; if Max and Adrian Sutil began a relationship would the media christen them "Adriax" or "Chiltil"?

Im not suggesting anything like...
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:Someone tell Tom ChiltonTHATS what a sensible haircut looks like.

Fixed...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

dinizintheoven wrote:

That is hairy, but I think I have worse although probably not like coopsII's Ronaldo.

Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

Best.Crazy.Hair.Ever.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Kobacrashi wrote:Now I am no expert in creating names for crazes but surely it should be MAXIMANIA

And as his fans we must surely be the CHILTONITES

I thought about it, but we already had Buttonmania. Our man Max never follows (except on the racetrack).
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

LionZoo wrote:The Sensation from Surrey himself:

Its..... MC TIME!!!!
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

DanielPT wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:

That is hairy, but I think I have worse although probably not like coopsII's Ronaldo.

I loved Commodore's doo back in the day, too bad he decided to get rid of it after the playoffs.
-*:-
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Well, Chilton certainly doesn't look like he has a neck as big as Alonso's. Enter F1Rejects' favourite Sakon Yamamoto quote here.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

I did warn you all in the podcast, Max Chilton is talent, talent, talent! :lol:

F1 is about to be swept by Maximania, or ChiltonCraze, or whatever you want to call it. HWNSNBM says so.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Our Man Max qualified in front of the highly regarded Giedo van der Garde.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Rumour has it that Max is racing under the psuedonym 'Jules Bianchi' in order to stop the huge amount of Chiltonites from swarming every country the F1 circus visits...
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Great race for Chilton, he was way in the top 20!
Message me on Discord.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Shadaza wrote:Great race for Chilton, he was way in the top 20!

He has finished in a better position than Maldonado in every race so far!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

There's definitely a conspiracy to keep MaxiAttack from dominating F1. However, I am confident he will rise past the oiling system sabotage.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

LionZoo wrote:There's definitely a conspiracy to keep MaxiAttack from dominating F1. However, I am confident he will rise past the oiling system sabotage.

It's becoming more and more obvious how much Marussia are favouring Bianchi and building the car to his driving.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
LionZoo wrote:There's definitely a conspiracy to keep MaxiAttack from dominating F1. However, I am confident he will rise past the oiling system sabotage.

It's becoming more and more obvious how much Marussia are favouring Bianchi and building the car to his driving.

:lol:

Do you honestly think that? Two races into the season with Bianchi at the team for less than two months?

That has to be one of the most ridiculous things written in the forum for a good while!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:

Do you honestly think that? Two races into the season with Bianchi at the team for less than two months?

That has to be one of the most ridiculous things written in the forum for a good while!

I'm fairly certain he was being sarcastic...
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:It's becoming more and more obvious how much Marussia are favouring Bianchi and building the car to his driving.

I'm fairly certain he was being sarcastic...

I was being sarcastic, expanding upon the joke LionZoo made. I should probably stop, or at least make it more obvious, seeing how many people it's confusing.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Haha fair enough I see the joke now. It's always hard to read sarcasm though without a major hint. ;)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

AndreaModa wrote:Haha fair enough I see the joke now. It's always hard to read sarcasm though without a major hint. ;)

(Hint: Everything in this entire thread is a joke, unless a hint is given that it is not!)
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Future F1 superstar Max Chilton out-qualified race winner and world championship contender Mark Webber by three positions today. While Chilton was driving an end of the grid Marussia, Webber drove a front running Red Bull.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

LionZoo wrote:Future F1 superstar Max Chilton out-qualified race winner and world championship contender Mark Webber by three positions today. While Chilton was driving an end of the grid Marussia, Webber drove a front running Red Bull.

A very impressive performance, to say the least. Surely it's only a matter of time now until a top team takes note.
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

LionZoo wrote:Future F1 superstar Max Chilton out-qualified race winner and world championship contender Mark Webber by three positions today. While Chilton was driving an end of the grid Marussia, Webber drove a front running Red Bull.

A very impressive performance, to say the least. Surely it's only a matter of time now until a top team takes note.

Latest rumour is that Red Bull themselves are interested in our man Max to try and reconnect with the British public, in such a supportive environment he would be bound to flourish as a driver.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

In a race marred by craziness, MC kept his head together to finish in a strong 17th position and beat highly rated rival Giedo van der Garde.
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:seeing how many people it's confusing.

I accidentally this quote.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

solarcold wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:seeing how many people it's confusing.

I accidentally this quote.

I accidentally di Resta for 11.3 seconds.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

I thought the oiling system failures suffered by Max in Free practice was because Max needed the oil to style his hair with (he is that good that Max does not need to practice for a race).
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

ibsey wrote:

I thought the oiling system failures suffered by Max in Free practice was because Max needed the oil to style his hair with (he is that good that Max does not need to practice for a race).

It's also an excellent tactical decision. Styling your hair correctly can increase laptimes by up to a whole second. It's good to see Max has an intelligence to match his undoubted raw pace.
Everything's great.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

ibsey wrote:

It's also an excellent tactical decision. Styling your hair correctly can increase laptimes by up to a whole second. It's good to see Max has an intelligence to match his undoubted raw pace.

Can you imagine what is for him not worrying about if he styled his hair correctly for a whole race? It is certainly a performance booster.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

ibsey wrote:

Indeed. By applying the correct amount of oil to his hair, he can keep the helmet closer to his scalp without fear of ruining his most excellent haircut. This reduces drag by decreasing the overall height of his profile whilst driving the car by a few fractions of a millimeter, which is oh-so-crucial in gaining those few important thousandths of a second.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Nuppiz wrote:Indeed. By applying the correct amount of oil to his hair, he can keep the helmet closer to his scalp without fear of ruining his most excellent haircut. This reduces drag by decreasing the overall height of his profile whilst driving the car by a few fractions of a millimeter, which is oh-so-crucial in gaining those few important thousandths of a second.

...as well as provide better overall weight distribution & centre of gravity. Thus increasing performance yet further. This is how the mind of a future WDC works.
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

ibsey wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Indeed. By applying the correct amount of oil to his hair, he can keep the helmet closer to his scalp without fear of ruining his most excellent haircut. This reduces drag by decreasing the overall height of his profile whilst driving the car by a few fractions of a millimeter, which is oh-so-crucial in gaining those few important thousandths of a second.

...as well as provide better overall weight distribution & centre of gravity. Thus increasing performance yet further. This is how the mind of a future WDC works.

You know, my old PE teacher once said to a mate of mine that if he gelled his hair up then he'd actually run faster (honest!), so clearly Max is thinking along the same lines here.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_