The Podcasts - An Appreciation

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

The Podcasts - An Appreciation

Post by shinji »

As part of Transition Year in my school, we run a radio station for a week. It might not sound like a big deal, but when you have not yet developed in to a proper person, it is rather daunting. I am going to be broadcasting live for an hour doing news, as well as pre-recording several shows for specific subjects.

My point is, with the work that I and the other guys in my year are putting in for this station, it's made me appreciate how much work goes in to the F1 Rejects podcast. Considering it's only two people, who as they have reminded us have lives outside of the internet (Enoch on the rantbox - "Having a wife, a child, a second child on the way, a full-time law job, other hobbies, podcasts and race reviews is murder for working on driver profiles!"), that they can produce about an hour's worth of coverage on a specific topic with a specific type of humour and information, not to mention editing, choosing music, taking the time to record the actual thing and not getting completely sick of all this after 4 years.

Anyway, just saying, I know you guys are always putting yourselves down when anyone compliments the podcasts or site, but just congratulations, Jamie and Enoch.

Time for the crap song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iArJm9gBvg

Time for the self publicity! That radio station will be broadcasting from Monday 23rd November to Friday 27th November, both on FM in South Dublin, and on the school website - http://www.blackrockcollege.ie/blackrock/www/. Not that anyone here will listen, but we've kind of been told to tell people about it.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
dresda

Re: The Podcasts - An Appreciation

Post by dresda »

:whs:

Since we lack the required smilies on this board, I'll just translate this:

'^What he said'
'08 BMW F650GS (Jutta), '01 Suzuku DR650, '03 VW Golf TDI (Teddy)
cjrodwell

Post by cjrodwell »

I only discovered your site at the start of this season and I've really enjoyed listening to your podcasts plus coming from the UK it's great to not have Lewis "the official formula one wuuurld champion" rammed down my throat.

Keep up the good work guys!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Allow me to contribute to the butt-kissing.

Thank you very much for putting in all the great work, guys. You rock.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

At the risk of putting ourselves down again and not being able to take a compliment, Shinji - thank you for the sentiment! It is appreciated. If noone listened, we wouldn't bother! So thank you.

You have earned your plug on the next podcast.
Waris

Post by Waris »

I completely agree with everything shinji said.
Also, I take interest in (internet) radio myself, so I'm going to listen a couple times!
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Waris wrote:I completely agree with everything shinji said.
Also, I take interest in (internet) radio myself, so I'm going to listen a couple times!

I admittedly re listen to the old podcasts in order when I'm doing some of my artwork, regardless of if it's making custom skins for Nascar Racing 2003 Season or if its for other unrelated things... They're fantastic to listen to repeatedly, even while doing Java programs and long papers for class. Not to mention that there's so many of them by the time I get to the end of the order, it's at the point where I say; "You know, I haven't listened to the 2005 Hungarian GP podcast in awhile..." I don't know, maybe I'm just strange like that. ;|

...I also recall one podcast where Jenson Button said Honda would be World Champions in 2009 and you called it publicocrap... if I remember which one it is, I'll say so.

I also have to admit to calling out a Reject of the Race award for NASCAR races on other forums... :oops:
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Cynon wrote:...I also recall one podcast where Jenson Button said Honda would be World Champions in 2009 and you called it publicocrap... if I remember which one it is, I'll say so.

Please, please do. We'd love to revisit that!
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

I love the podcasts, they are the best thing ever. Apart from Radio 4 comedy they are the only podcasts I really listen to. I would like to thank Jamie and Enoch for taking the time and effort to do them, please continue doing them I can still imagine a couple of grumpy 50 year olds talking about how Lewis Hamilton keeps trying for his 3rd championship, how Toyota left F1 again, how the Vanuatu GP is under threat as the 3 Vanuatean drivers have been sacked or left and how none of them managed to get better then a 9th and the discussions on the first Japanese F1 champion...

I still would love you to do a F1 Rejects special episode of a Reject worthy race, like the 1989 Portuguese Grand Prix that had Onyx on the Podium (even after they had to pre qualify), Coloni qualifying for their last race, Minardi scoriing points and leading for a short while, Nigel Mansell giving himself ROTR and Christian Danner being not one, not two but 6 seconds off qualifying pace....

Also any chance of a F1 Rejects compo this year? The announcement of the compo on the podcast was a way of saying Christmas is coming...
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

SuperAguri wrote:I love the podcasts, they are the best thing ever. Apart from Radio 4 comedy they are the only podcasts I really listen to. I would like to thank Jamie and Enoch for taking the time and effort to do them, please continue doing them I can still imagine a couple of grumpy 50 year olds talking about how Lewis Hamilton keeps trying for his 3rd championship, how Toyota left F1 again, how the Vanuatu GP is under threat as the 3 Vanuatean drivers have been sacked or left and how none of them managed to get better then a 9th and the discussions on the first Japanese F1 champion...

I still would love you to do a F1 Rejects special episode of a Reject worthy race, like the 1989 Portuguese Grand Prix that had Onyx on the Podium (even after they had to pre qualify), Coloni qualifying for their last race, Minardi scoriing points and leading for a short while, Nigel Mansell giving himself ROTR and Christian Danner being not one, not two but 6 seconds off qualifying pace....

Also any chance of a F1 Rejects compo this year? The announcement of the compo on the podcast was a way of saying Christmas is coming...

Oh, this would make my life. Straight up make my life.
howardmb

Post by howardmb »

Kuwashima wrote:
Cynon wrote:...I also recall one podcast where Jenson Button said Honda would be World Champions in 2009 and you called it publicocrap... if I remember which one it is, I'll say so.

I don't know about that quote but I did remember (and have confirmed) Jamie called Jenson as the "the next British world champion" in the Season Review Edition podcast released 17 Dec 08. It was right after Jenson's 2008 season was summarized as "who?", right around 54:30 into the podcast. It didn't sound as a prediction but perhaps it was one of those Nostradamus moments...
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

howardmb wrote:
Kuwashima wrote:

I don't know about that quote but I did remember (and have confirmed) Jamie called Jenson as the "the next British world champion" in the Season Review Edition podcast released 17 Dec 08. It was right after Jenson's 2008 season was summarized as "who?", right around 54:30 into the podcast. It didn't sound as a prediction but perhaps it was one of those Nostradamus moments...

That's not the moment I'm thinking about...
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.