2016 Lupo GTI Cup - 2016 over. Groningen NC done.

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 Lupo GTI Championship- Finishing liveries

Post by Nuppiz »

I'll be on the IRC channel for most of the week, so we can discuss things there. :) Also, previous experience in any Reject Motorsport category is always taken into account in the IFRC driver skills, only complete rookies are at the mercy of RNG.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Stramala wrote:
eurobrun wrote:As for my livery, I was thinking it would be good to have a ridiculously colourful art car style livery. The team is quite underfunded and are using the car in an attempt to attract attention and/or sponsorship.

Pepsi Max graffiti car I hear you say?

I wish I had the skills to create a similar livery. :|
I can't come up with any thing better than that :s
Is it ok ? At least it's colorful, well, sort of.. :D
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

That will certainly do. Thanks
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
RonDenisDeletraz

That will certainly do. Thanks
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 Lupo GTI Championship- Calendar 99% confirmed

Post by Rated »

Calendar updated and now 99% confirmed !

We will join the madness at the Spa Superprix for a non-championship event.
Some members on the IRC channel wanted as much Lupos on the track as possible, so far, 50 - 60 Lupos on the same track is possible. It will be a real challenge to fill up like 35 cars, but we'll see. :lol:
This event would be just for fun, nothing special to win. Celebrations of the 100th F1RWRS Grand Prix, so why not ? :P
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

I'm interested in an entry if needed :)
Blog about all things motorsport - http://motorsportist.wordpress.com/
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

As I've said in the chat I'll enter 5 Lupos if necessary :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 Lupo GTI Championship- Pre-season test up !

Post by Rated »

Oschersleben Pre-season test
Fastest lap : James Turner 1.46.540 on lap 9.

Wrote a "review" based on this pre-season test/race. I heavily doubt I will do this after each race because I will run out of words quickly.

Davies Racing Team
Setou had an excellent weekend, scored a good lap time very early in the qualifying session which no-one was able to beat, ran the full race leading and never really was worried by anybody. There is only one question mark : Will she be able to do this again during the season ?
Soderström's race was eventful, unfortunately, not really in a positive way. He took a good start, fought for 10-11th. After a few laps, he started taking bad overtaking decisions that gave room to the people behind him. He then ran as low as 18th, overtook someone for the last time and then had to give up with a brakes failure. It would be easy to describe his race as bad, but he is very young has shown determination until his retirement.

Foster's Good Call Racing
Renales had a good race, he was fast enough to come back on the Kolodin train around the end of the race and overtake Jama Yattae. If he had qualified better, maybe he would have been the one fast enough to worry Setou.
Turner tried to fight with his team mate, but that didn't work too well. He drove a correct race and scored the fastest lap.

Nebula Grand Prix
Lukauskis wasn't the fastest, but he fought several times over a 6th place with Renales. He then went off the track and lost 2 positions to the FGCRs. Finished 6th because of two retirements at the front and spun out during the cooldown lap.
Couteau was pretty anonymous. There is really nothing to say about him.

Équipe Fantomette
Sigursteinsson spent the beginning of the race fighting at the back and then woke up a bit, but that was too late already.
Jama Yattae was unlucky to not beat Setou's time in qualifying session. Once gone off the track and never been able to take her second place back. Was overtaken by Renales around the end of the race. Is overtaking somehow a problem for her ?

Restov Racing
Kolodin defended his second place at all costs, which didn't help him and others to come back on Setou.
Smolarek was another anonymous in the midfield.

Team Rojo
Riva was being outpaced by his team mate at some point and there isn't much to write about.
Zvarych probably did what she could until her engine died.

Mazzacane Motorsport
Scopelli did a good effort in qualifications and pushed hard, maybe too hard as her engine let her go when she was running 3rd.
Kagström had battles with Soderstrom and Moretti, but both were faster.

Mobil Racing Rosenforth
Cunningham had troubles to exit the back of the pack, he then did his best, but the damage was already done after starting on the last row.
O'Sullivan had a gearbox problem and started last. She also finished … last. Her team and herself had a horrible pre-season test and it can only get better for them at the Salzburgring.

Go Kart Planet
Atkinson started 13th, finished 13th and that's all.

Cardel Racing United
Martin started to be fast at the end of the race, obviously way too late to have a chance of finishing higher than 12th.

Mecha Grand Prix
Sugiharto drove quite well and ran as high as 3rd, only to be stopped by his engine.

Team IKEA
Moretti lacked of speed sometimes, and when he drove fast, he was held up by someone. A rather bizarre incident involved him and Soderstrom.
Last edited by Rated on 12 Aug 2013, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

At the risk of sounding like eurobrun, does everyone have random stats or are they all the same?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:At the risk of sounding like eurobrun, does everyone have random stats or are they all the same?

Random stats, but there isn't a huge difference between the "fastest" driver and the "slowest" driver. Everyone should be able to score points on different occasions during the season.
For Pedro Renales' case who had racing experiences in a RWRS series, it was also randomised, but I made sure it wasn't too high or too low.
I was honestly surprised to see O'Sullivan having such a bad race, in some other tests I ran, she wasn't that bad, but sometimes there's a random factor (such as reliability, bad qualifying laps, driver errors) getting in the way.
There aren't "bad drivers" in there, some drivers are just a little bit better than others.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Not too bad, both drivers in the top 8, and Kolodin looks like a fighter
TORA! TORA! TORA!
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

So Michela is going to be like the BMWs in WTCC, races aren't long enough for her to make up places when the others fall off. Not sure if okay with this, we'll have to see once the season begins.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Some rejectful motorsport magazine wrote :

An unnamed member of the Lupo GTI Championship organisation accepted to have the following interview with us.

Q : Hello Mr... Well, first of all, can you tell us your name ?

R : Our names and affiliations don't really matter... for now perhaps. Who knows ? -takes a beer-

Q : Okay, so this is your first attempt at running a RWRS series, and you are pretty much at the bottom of the ladder. What are your feelings about this ?

R : This isn't a problem in my opinion, we had to start somewhere. Considering our budget, we decided it was better to create something that would be cheap to take part in. We contacted Volkswagen Racing, they didn't agree with selling us Polos, so they proposed Lupos. It was a good opportunity for us, it was cheaper, so we accepted in an eye blink.

Q : Three engine failures during the Oschersleben pre-season test. For a support series with a Volkswagen car, isn't it a bit too much ?

R : During the pre-season test, we weren't satisfied with the cars' reliability. It is something we had overlooked at first, but our team has worked a lot to fix this during the past few weeks. Cooling systems were improved, the gearbox is now way more durable. Two drivers external from this series went to test the car and new parts at the Saschenring. They managed to complete 209 laps without any mechanical issue and we are now sure that the drivers competing in the Lupo GTI Championship will not get their performances ruined because of mechanical failures during any race weekend.

Q : Speaking about the drivers performances, are all of them capable of scoring correct results this season ?

R : Yes, obviously some drivers will be better than others but they all have the required ability to drive the car to its limits.

Q : Does it mean the limits are already reached ?

R : No, every driver will make progresses during the season.

Q : There are rumors that the best drivers this season will get a test in the RTCC and IFRC, is that true ?

R : Yes, we had talks with both organisations' management. At the end of the season, Top 5 in the championship will be able to get a RTCC test and the Top 3, an IFRC test. It doesn't mean we will hold the other drivers in our series, they are free to go wherever they want to go. We are here to give new drivers a chance, not to destroy their career. One sure thing, we are very excited for this season to start.

In short, there won't be mechanical failures and I am trying to think about an experience system for the drivers.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
dr-baker

Re: 2016 Lupo GTI Championship- Ready to go.

Post by dr-baker »

Hmm, unnamed test drivers unaffiliated with the series and there were engine failures? Must have been Douglas Mann doing the driving!!!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dr-baker wrote:Hmm, unnamed test drivers unaffiliated with the series and there were engine failures? Must have been Douglas Mann doing the driving!!!

Undoubtedly. :P
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 Lupo GTI Championship- Preseason test 2 up

Post by Rated »

I should have posted this 2 or 3 days ago, but there it is :

A lot of drivers found themselves surprised by the rain, Couteau went off the track while trying to overtake O'Sullivan on the outside of the Hotel kurve. This bad move would see him drop to 16th after the first lap. Turner spun three different times at the Mc Donald's kurve. (A turn that would surprise other drivers like Koyomi Setou, Elisa Jama Yattae, John Cunningham, Yulia Zvarych, and Manuel Riva who crashed into James Turner when the latter did one of his many mistakes this day.) Moretti almost kissed the tyre wall just after he had taken the lead away from O'Sullivan, which made him lose 2 places.
Last edited by Rated on 12 Aug 2013, 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
the Masked Lapwing

So O'Sullivan went from last to first between tests?

Consistency. Overrated :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
takagi_for_the_win

15th and 18th? Waheeey, another series in which to be frightfully awful :lol:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:So O'Sullivan went from last to first between tests?

Consistency. Overrated :lol:

Yeah, she was really unlucky on the first pre-season test. :P

takagi_for_the_win wrote:15th and 18th? Waheeey, another series in which to be frightfully awful :lol:

Smolarek decided to crash his car during qualifying, and Kolodin wasn't on his best weekend. This is indeed a step back from Restov Racing, but some things have changed between the two tests.
- Nobody will retire from brakes, engine, etc... failures anymore (Except if the driver decides to crash his car, until the engine decides to give up).
- The damage file of the car was edited, you could crash at 200Km/h and continue like if nothing happened before that.
- Of course, the rain played a major part in this test as the drivers made more mistakes than they usually do.
This is why the results are really different for some drivers/teams. The first two rounds should give a better idea of "who should be fighting for which position".
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

With F1RWRS apparently starting this weekend, there is a good chance for the first Lupo round to be hosted next week.
From the second round to the seventh, I can allow one or two guest cars to race. So far, the priority on the guest entries goes to :
- Ben Purse's driver Drnjo Sunkovic
- Rasmus who had expressed interest in entering a car for the Non championship event.
- CaptainGetz12 who seemed interested for a guest car on the IRC mibbit channel.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

How are you simulating this?
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Hermann95 wrote:How are you simulating this?

With a racing sim, rFactor.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Would I please be allowed a slot on the waiting list?
Team:Triq il Malta
Car:#666
Driver: Jason Gonzi

Thanks
Last edited by roblo97 on 30 Aug 2013, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

roblomas52 wrote:Would I please be allowed a slot on the waiting list?
Driver: Jason Muscat

Thanks

You know that this championship is in the same canon as AltCART? Because that would mean that Muscat was 4 years old when he was racing in CART.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

pi314159 wrote:

Thanks

You know that this championship is in the same canon as AltCART? Because that would mean that Muscat was 4 years old when he was racing in CART.

No I did not know that so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

EDIT fixed original post
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

roblomas52 wrote:EDIT fixed original post

No, you haven't
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

pi314159 wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:EDIT fixed original post

No, you haven't

Have now
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Thanks

Alright. There's a chance you might be able to take a guest car for a few rounds (if the other people I mentionned on my other post decide to not take one).
I will allow guest entries to score points, but if that's a problem for other users involved in the series, they are free to post their opinion. (That was obvious :lol: )
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 Lupo GTI Championship- Round 1 results up

Post by Rated »

Round 1 : Salzburgring
Fastest lap : Chloe O'Sullivan - 1.39.755 on lap 12

The good :
John Cunningham : What a drive from the Australian ! After his results in the pre-season tests, nobody would have expected him to even qualify in the top10. He always was following Sugiharto closely, briefly took the lead. His driving paid off when he overtook the Indonesian on the last lap ! Is he really good ? He sure was today, let's see how it goes on the second round.

Laurent Couteau and Adolfo Moretti : They drove quite brilliantly.

The okay :

Koyomi Setou : Did a decent job by running 3rd during a good part of the race, but when Laurent Couteau overtook her during the last minutes of the race, other drivers saw an opportunity, and they clearly took it.

Pedro Renales : Disappointing 15th place on qualifying, decent in the race.

The not so great :

Andrei Kolodin : Crashed on lap 4 when he was leading by 4.5 seconds.

Mazzacane Motorsports : Somewhat promising in the last pre-season test, nowhere to be found today.

Elisa Jama Yattae : Her qualifying times were nullified when she scored the provisional pole position... by shortcuting the first chicane. She could have started 5th, she started last instead. 13th on the third lap, then nowhere.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
the Masked Lapwing

Jimmy Rosenforth wrote:Nice drive John! Well done! And Chloe did a fantastic job as well!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Koyomi Setou wrote:Truly, this is a sport for the intellectually inferior masses. What kind of a man would attack a woman ferociously in the final stages of a game? I see that my self-professed mission of raising the intellectual standards of motorsport will be a long and tedious one. However, I believe it will be worthwhile.
takagi_for_the_win

FECCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Koyomi Setou wrote:Truly, this is a sport for the intellectually inferior masses. What kind of a man would attack a woman ferociously in the final stages of a game? I see that my self-professed mission of raising the intellectual standards of motorsport will be a long and tedious one. However, I believe it will be worthwhile.

Cecep Sugiharto, sarcastically responding to Setou, wrote:Go see the scumbag that is George MacDrage. *actually phones MacDrage*

Seriously Mecha strategists... why you think staying in clean side on the track during the last lap is a good idea? My Fan Dumb is blaming everything on me. :evil:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Round 2 : Brands Hatch Indy
I wasn't joking when I said there wasn't a big difference between drivers.
Fastest lap : Koyomi Setou - 0:55.502 on Lap 27.

The good :
Laurent Couteau : DOMINATED this race.
John Cunningham : 2 races, 2 podiums.
Koyomi Setou : Probably could have aimed for the podium if she didn't spin. Solid recovery and fastest lap.
Yulia Zvarych : An excellent race for her. EDIT : Except for a spin which nearly took Setou and Lukauskis out.

The okay :
Deividas Lukauskis : He had troubles to handle his car in the first laps and luck didn't really help him. Good qualifying effort nonetheless.
Gabriella Scopelli : Solid race, too bad she decided to pay a visit to the sandtraps, but a point is a point.
Cecep Sugiharto : His first spin didn't have a lot of consequences, but his late spin made him lose his second place.

The not so great :
Plus One Racing Engineering : A race to forget. Let's pretend it never happened.

The "I don't know where to put them, but I need to say something about them" :
Chloe O'Sullivan : Starting 17th didn't help her.
Restov Racing : Smolarek hold 8th for a good while before Scopelli overtook him. Kolodin seemed anonymous today.
Jonas Soderstrom : A monster start (which I forgot to record) from 19th to 13th at the end of the first lap, it was then harder for him.
Michela Martin : Starts last, finishes last. She's young and never gave up today, unfortunately, that didn't pay off.
Adolfo Moretti : Didn't really have the speed to aim for the podium, but gets more points in the championship.
Elisa Jama Yattae : Was running behind Moretti (Who went on to finish 5th) until Setou's spin surprised her and made her lose a lot of time.

Edit n°2 : Highlights video
Championship standings
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: 2016 Lupo GTI Championship- Brands Hatch results up

My team will stay in this series

Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 Lupo GTI Championship- Brands Hatch results up

Post by Rated »

Fastest lap : Laurent Couteau - 1.53.878 on Lap 11.

The good :
Andrei Kolodin : Impressive performance, he was a major threat to Sugiharto during the last minutes of the race.
Cecep Sugiharto : He wasn't the fastest in the race, but he stayed on the track and deserves the win.
Manuel Riva : Excellent qualifying effort, he wasn't as brilliant in the race, but still came home 7th.
Jonas Söderström : First point finish, and it's a podium ! He probably won't repeat this performance this season, but his race was excellent.

The okay :
Deividas Lukauskis : Qualified ahead of his team mate, got more points but still seems to have troubles controlling the car.
Michela Martin : A real improvement if we compare this race to the previous one, ran 8th for a moment, then made a mistake.
Adolfo Moretti : He would've won it easily if he didn't spin. The only guy as fast as Kolodin today.
Shane Atkinson : Respectable performance.
Laurent Couteau : Every point counts for the championship, and he managed to get some.

The not so great :
Yulia Zvarych : One step forward and two steps back. 2nd at Brands Hatch, 16th today.
Pedro Renales : Starts 10th, spins, finishes last.
John Cunningham : Two podiums, then a low qualifying position, resulting in a race stuck in the low positions for him today.

Highlights video
Championship standings
Last edited by Rated on 19 Oct 2013, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2016 Lupo GTI Championship- Red Bull Ring results up

Post by Ataxia »

I'm pleased with the current level of performance. Sure, Lukauskis has been a little outclassed in the races, but he's primarily used to single-seaters. He's got time, though, he's only young.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Koyomi Setou wrote:I have to improve my performance, otherwise the unwashed masses will not follow my message of cultural improvement for motorsport. None of these plebians would listen to a driver who only finishes in seventh. Truly, though, I must commend my team for supporting me ferociously, I feel truly at home.
FMecha

Re: 2016 Lupo GTI Championship- Red Bull Ring results up

Post by FMecha »

Cecep Sugiharto, and everyone else at Mecha's garage, wrote:Image

:D
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport