2013 Bahrain GP ROTR thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
roblo97

2013 Bahrain GP ROTR thread

Post by roblo97 »

ROTR time
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
pi314159

Re: The official, peaceful protest Bahrain GP ROTR

Post by pi314159 »

goRubens had already opened one on tuesday, which will be reopened once we have something to discuss. There's no need to create another thread.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

pi314159 wrote:goRubens had already opened one on tuesday, which will be reopened once we have something to discuss. There's no need to create another thread.

What. The. Bathplug

Really I may as well open a ROTR for brazil tomorrow then
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:
pi314159 wrote:goRubens had already opened one on tuesday, which will be reopened once we have something to discuss. There's no need to create another thread.

What. The. Bathplug

Oh for goodness sake. What's wrong with you guys? Reject of the RACE !!! What on earth is wrong with opening threads on raceday, just like IIDOTR, Race Ratings, etc.? Otherwise we may as well start nominating guys for the 2139 Vatican Grand Prix last year...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

There's a bunch of f***ing clowns populating this forum at the moment. Such a shame.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

roblomas52 wrote:

What. The. Bathplug

Dude, you should really knock this crap off. You're not being funny, and your constant ignoring of what other people are telling you is really starting to irritate me.
Last edited by Salamander on 19 Apr 2013, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Seriously people, open these threads on Saturday at the earliest, after qualifying like I do. :roll:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

dr-baker wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:

What. The. Bathplug

Oh for goodness sake. What's wrong with you guys? Reject of the RACE !!! What on earth is wrong with opening threads on raceday, just like IIDOTR, Race Ratings, etc.? Otherwise we may as well start nominating guys for the 2139 Vatican Grand Prix last year...

It is technically Saturday in Bahrain if you factor in 4 hours time difference
And the Brazil ROTR was a JOKE
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

roblomas52 wrote:It is technically Saturday in Bahrain if you factor in 4 hours time difference

Fantastic. Good for you. Qualifying still hasn't happened yet.
roblomas52 wrote:And the Brazil ROTR was a JOKE

No it wasn't. That was you mocking (poorly, I might add) a convention that exists for a reason - because opening an ROTR thread when there are no solid candidates for the award and/or qualifying hasn't even happened yet, is silly.
Everything's great.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:1. It is technically Saturday in Bahrain if you factor in 4 hours time difference
2. And the Brazil ROTR was a JOKE

1. Nope. Not in my part of the world. Sunday in Bahrain, Sunday in Europe. No difference whatsoever. And 4 hours difference changes the day? It starts at 3 pm local time. Therefore 4 hours either side would... still be Sunday. You lose.
2. Yeah, very funny. Not.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Dude, are you trolling us or do you just not listen to what anyone says? You already opened a ROTR thread too early in China and were told not to do that again so...why???
Trump 2016
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Friday (or Saturday depending on where you are) is a damn site closer to Sunday than say Tuesday
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

roblomas52 wrote:Friday (or Saturday depending on where you are) is a damn site closer to Sunday than say Tuesday

And Sunday is a damn sight closer to Sunday than Friday or Saturday... :roll:
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

roblomas52 wrote:Friday (or Saturday depending on where you are) is a damn site closer to Sunday than say Tuesday

Me wrote:opening an ROTR thread when there are no solid candidates for the award and/or qualifying hasn't even happened yet, is silly.

Learn to read properly. What you just said is NOT an excuse. Stop trying to weasel out of it.
Everything's great.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I can understand go_Rubens opening up his thread early because,maybe,he did not really know the rules of ROTR threads. You,on the other hand,broke the rule once,we explained it to you and yet you break it again the very next week.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Personally it's not a major problem to open these threads on a saturday as qualifying is just as chaotic as the race The outright candidate at the moment is Gutierrez for what was a needless tangle with Pic costing him 1 set of tyres. At this rate he could become Mexico's answer to Esteban Tuero What a coincidence
Ben Purse

Post by Ben Purse »

Why don't we get one of the mods to open it up at a certain time instead of having early threads with people complaining?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Kimi-ICE wrote:Personally it's not a major problem to open these threads on a saturday as qualifying is just as chaotic as the race The outright candidate at the moment is Gutierrez for what was a needless tangle with Pic costing him 1 set of tyres. At this rate he could become Mexico's answer to Esteban Tuero What a coincidence

Opening a thread on Saturday after/during qualifying is not a problem, the problem is members of this forum who do not understand the customs. For those few that struggle to read, here they are in nice, bold red type (so just maybe people will pay attention this time):

1) DO NOT OPEN ANY 'OTR' THREAD BEFORE THE START OF QUALIFYING ON SATURDAY

2) DO NOT OPEN RACE THREADS UNTIL A WEEK/WEEK AND A HALF BEFORE THE RACE

3) DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE ILL THOUGHT OUT JOKES. SARCASM IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DETECT ON THE INTERNET. DON'T DO IT

4) LEARN TO USE THE EDIT BUTTON. MAKING 3 POSTS IN A ROW FOR WHAT COULD BE SAID IN ONE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND ANNOYING

5) WHEN FORUM MEMBERS GIVE ADVICE ABOUT MISTAKES MADE REGARDING POSTING ETHICS, LISTEN TO THEM.

6) PEOPLE ARE NOT JOKING WHEN THEY SAY THEY'RE ANNOYED. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO ANNOY THEM AND STOP IT

7) DO NOT FORGET RUES 1-6.

That is all. Hopefully this brings an end to the blatant stupidity shown by some members. I will not name names but you know who you are.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

pasta_maldonado wrote:That is all. Hopefully this brings an end to the blatant stupidity shown by some members. I will not name names but you know who you are.

I don't intend to fuel the fire (but usually i end up fueling the fire anyway), but i'm pretty much sure some of them will not realise you're talking to them, or will not understand what you say.

I guess what we need is the moderators (or admins) posting a good and understandable forum rules thread, because today we have too much "unspoken rules". If people still don't understand, it's up to the moderators to give a warning. The majority of people will take this warning serious. If they don't, well, then it's obvious. We don't want this forum to end up in total anarchy, do we?
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

dr-baker wrote:What on earth is wrong with opening threads on raceday, just like IIDOTR, Race Ratings, etc.?

And even with my IIDOTR threads, I always open them after the checkered flag is down!

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dr-baker wrote:Oh for goodness sake. What's wrong with you guys? Reject of the RACE !!! What on earth is wrong with opening threads on raceday, just like IIDOTR, Race Ratings, etc.? Otherwise we may as well start nominating guys for the 2139 Vatican Grand Prix last year...

Can I just point out that I believe thats the most cross dr-baker has ever been on these forums. For a moment I expected him to unleash a 'bathplug'.
Just For One Day...
mario

Post by mario »

Talk about a mess - my intention had been to open the old thread that had been created earlier by go_Rubens later today, but now we've ended up with another thread and a considerable number of aggrieved posters. This, I will take on board your suggestion of possibly creating a written set of rules for the forum that we can all agree on, and see where we shall go from there.
In the meantime, I think that I will let this thread stay open for now and get rid of the older thread - however, I would agree with the suggestion that the ROTR thread should not be opened until the start of qualifying and remind those who have been guilty of starting these threads early to refrain from doing so in the future.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:That is all. Hopefully this brings an end to the blatant stupidity shown by some members. I will not name names but you know who you are.

I don't intend to fuel the fire (but usually i end up fueling the fire anyway), but i'm pretty much sure some of them will not realise you're talking to them, or will not understand what you say.

I guess what we need is the moderators (or admins) posting a good and understandable forum rules thread, because today we have too much "unspoken rules". If people still don't understand, it's up to the moderators to give a warning. The majority of people will take this warning serious. If they don't, well, then it's obvious. We don't want this forum to end up in total anarchy, do we?

Once upon a time every member of this forum was smart enough to understand and take heed of the unspoken rules, without any kind of huge visual warning.

Those days have sadly long gone. The forums are turning into GP2. BCS certainly knows what I mean by that...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I think my candidate for ROTR would in actual fact be Bernie for even letting this happen in a country where people don't get basic human rights and I feel it should be human rights first, then the race
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

This forum really now needs an enforced set of rules, I had absolutely no idea of most of the unwritten rules when I joined and as a result I was an annoying retard*.

*Sorry for that
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

eurobrun wrote:This forum really now needs an enforced set of rules, I had absolutely no idea of most of the unwritten rules when I joined and as a result I was an annoying retard*.

I agree, it would really help. In the beginning, we obviously didn't need it, but now we have created somewhat of a culture here and joining a culture without having the choice to look up cultural standards is difficult. Maybe not a "do this or you will get kicked in the dick" type of ruleset but a friendly advice in the "here, my new friend, let me help you" mold.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

roblomas52 wrote:I think my candidate for ROTR would in actual fact be Bernie for even letting this happen in a country where people don't get basic human rights and I feel it should be human rights first, then the race

roblomas52 can we stop nominating this controversy for ROTR it just doesn't feel like reject material
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Klon wrote:I agree, it would really help. In the beginning, we obviously didn't need it, but now we have created somewhat of a culture here and joining a culture without having the choice to look up cultural standards is difficult. Maybe not a "do this or you will get kicked in the dick" type of ruleset but a friendly advice in the "here, my new friend, let me help you" mold.

What a great comment. Klon For Moderator gets my vote.
Just For One Day...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

So far, I've gotta throw out a mention to Jules Bianchi's car for deciding to set itself on fire twice in one day :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Oh for goodness sake. What's wrong with you guys? Reject of the RACE !!! What on earth is wrong with opening threads on raceday, just like IIDOTR, Race Ratings, etc.? Otherwise we may as well start nominating guys for the 2139 Vatican Grand Prix last year...

Can I just point out that I believe thats the most cross dr-baker has ever been on these forums. For a moment I expected him to unleash a 'bathplug'.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, even in real life, I don't really get annoyed. I have been known as Mr Sunshine to some people. And I save swear words for special occasions, to the point where my swearing becomes the talking point rather that whatever I get frustrated about (as demonstrated by your comment!).
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Stramala wrote:
This wrote:

Once upon a time every member of this forum was smart enough to understand and take heed of the unspoken rules, without any kind of huge visual warning.

Those days have sadly long gone. The forums are turning into GP2. BCS certainly knows what I mean by that...

Exactly. And we've got members like roblomas who get told time and time again to toe the line, only for them to just go ahead and satisfy their impulses.

I have said about 5/6 times now to him, "engage brain before fingers". I think the phrase "fallen on deaf ears" doesn't even cover it.

On another forum a long while back, if a member pulled something like this they'd get frozen for a week or so in order to actually get the message through. If they carried on then they'd receive a swift smack with the banhammer. I completely agree with Pasta's points on this as well.

I've had enough of the lack of courtesy on this forum from some of the more..."inexperienced" members.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Re: 2013 Bahrain GP ROTR thread

Post by eytl »

I've deleted the first Bahrain ROTR thread and renamed this thread.

I know the horse has bolted on the EvdP forum but can I just say that I'm not a huge fan of every new thread being called "The [insert supposedly witty catchphrase] XYZ thread", but to each their own. This coming from the person who is the "Site Author, Senior Grand Prix Analyst and [insert supposedly witty title]" on the podcasts.

I will also add my voice to those asking for restraint in terms of opening ROTR threads.

Enough has been said about "new members these days, they just don't get it" etc. so maybe we can leave that issue now. I'll bear in mind the possibility of needing to have some sort of guidelines for "forum culture" ...
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Can I nominate Gutierrez? Crash with Pic in FP2, two seconds down on Caterham/Marussia in FP3, last of the "proper teams" in Q1, and <insert incident, there's going to be one> in the race.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Just a question. Isn't this Reject of the Race? Shouldn't we keep our opinions till Sunday evening? I mean, it isn't Reject of the Race Weekend or something..
Just a thought..
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

GwilymJJames wrote:Can I nominate Gutierrez? Crash with Pic in FP2, two seconds down on Caterham/Marussia in FP3, last of the "proper teams" in Q1, and <insert incident, there's going to be one> in the race.

Yes Gutierrez has been as woeful as he's ever been however im giving it to Max Chilton for getting shown up by Van der Garde running in a older spec Caterham. HRT aren't here anymore Max there's nowhere to hide
Last edited by Alextrax52 on 20 Apr 2013, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

wsrgo wrote:Just a question. Isn't this Reject of the Race? Shouldn't we keep our opinions till Sunday evening? I mean, it isn't Reject of the Race Weekend or something..
Just a thought..
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

wsrgo wrote:Just a question. Isn't this Reject of the Race? Shouldn't we keep our opinions till Sunday evening? I mean, it isn't Reject of the Race Weekend or something..
Just a thought..

Formula Elaborate Bluff. I rest my case :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

M.Schumacher was also ROTR for his qualifying antics at Monaco 2006.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Yeah, often a poor qualifying performance (i.e. missing Q1) does come into account so I think it's reasonable to open it after Q3.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Can we unlock and apply this, now? ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport