Siemens Ausdauer Reject Series

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
dr-baker

Re: Siemens Ausdauer Reject Series

Post by dr-baker »

OK, so it's been more than a fortnight. Any news on this, please? :?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dr-baker wrote:OK, so it's been more than a fortnight. Any news on this, please? :?

First championship race of the season is in May, so it'll be a while before we see anything new here, I would assume.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Salamander wrote:
dr-baker wrote:OK, so it's been more than a fortnight. Any news on this, please? :?

First championship race of the season is in May, so it'll be a while before we see anything new here, I would assume.

But there was still the third and fourth hours of the London race to be completed...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Stop pushing. I'll get to it next week. ;)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Klon wrote:Stop pushing. I'll get to it next week. ;)

Cool. That's all I wanted to know. :mrgreen:
MCard LOLA
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

SARS Official Presentation Race - Race

Post by Klon »

SARS Official Presentation Race - Race

Noticeable events (Prototype):

* Nick Heidfeld had the worst pit stop in racing history, running over two mechanics and delaying the stop by quite some time. After that, the fuel rig did not work and had to be replaced before Heidfeld stalled whilst leaving the pits. Twice. The team lost what amounts to nine laps in the process.
* Fabián made up quite some ground but ruined the race of his team when colliding with the other Schröder BMW.

Prototype Class

Current standings:

1.: Di Grassi/Toft/Heidfeld - Prenois - 216 Laps
2.: Isles/Bourne/Dorra - West Cliff - +3 Laps
NC: Connes/Rossi/Duval - Prenois - +58 Laps
Ret. Dong-Geon/Coelho/Fabián - Schröder
Ret. Torres/Latif/Nthala - Schröder
Ret. Dehn/Suzuki/Laurent - ZimSport
Ret. Davidson/Edens/Adél - Gauthier
Ret. Lukauskis/Jankstrom/Lotterer - Pulsar
Ret. Voeckler/Fisichella/Bruni - IBR
Ret. Moreira/Horford/Premat - Pulsar
Ret. Sarrazin/Gauthier/Tucker - Gauthier
Ret. Caffi/Chiesa/lminpietro - IBR

Fastest Lap: Nick Heidfeld - 0:52.315
Reject Of The Race: Prototype Reliability, speaks for itself

Noticeable events (Road):

* The Himalayas car driven by F1RWRS driver Jiménez and Nepalese rookies Adhikari/Sitoula worked perfectly and completely dominated the competition during hours three and four. Their team mates had a nasty incident after a brake failure. Thankfully nobody got injured, but their day was over anyway.
* Vaille wanted to catch up to the leaders at any cost and had some hickups in his stint costing quite some time.
* The Onxy cars suffered engine failures early in the third hour and were unable to return to the track before the end of the race.
* Diego Vercuisse was unable to avoid the scene of Ganesh Basnet's accident and put himself out of the race. Équipe Fantomette's bad luck did not stop there. Aside from not being fast enough to stay close to the top, the Toreno/Hibiki/Ceara car suffered a puncture nearly 20 minutes before the end, costing the trio some more time.

Road Class

Current standings:
1.: Jiménez/Adhikari/Sitoula - Himalayas - 197 Laps
2.: Vaille/Guile/Fukami - Samurai Rocket - +5 Laps
3.: Brown/Bastürk/Senna - Fantomette - +19 Laps
4.: Toreno/Hibiki/Ceara - Samurai Rocket - +28 Laps
Ret. Vranes/Enge/Matsuura - Onyx
Ret. Vercuisse/Lance/Rojas - Fantomette
Ret. Seron/Chalise/Basnet - Himalayas
Ret. Kikkawa/Ide/Hirate - Onyx
Ret. Whincup/Lowndes/Moyenmoutier - Tassie
Ret. Power/Baromono/Blog - Tassie
Ret. Tajner/Witzberger/Mueller - Dofasco
Ret. Broniszewski/Malinowski/Stapel - Dofasco

Fastest Lap: Asim Adhikari - 1:01.274
Reject Of The Race: Seron/Chalise/Basnet, completely outclassed by their team mates
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Bugger... hope rest of the season comes out good
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Engine failures... MasterSpark lost the spark.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Last of the classified runners in class. First of the losers. Hmm. Well, at least there's reliability!
MCard LOLA
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Himalayas Racing team boss Suraj Amatya is extremely impressed with his team's performance. Not even in his wildest dreams did he expect to pull off a race win! Even at a non-championship event this is vital in building momentum for the team's first proper race in the USA. It was surprising that the driver of the round was not the experienced F1RWRS testers Seron and Jiménez (the former in fact being one of the least impressive drivers of the weekend) but the brand new rookie Asim Adhikari. The Nepali hotshot stunned the competition by posting the class's fastest lap of the race, and also set Himalayas Racing's best time in qualifying. Clearly Asim has one-lap pace!

Suraj is a little concerned with the fortunes of the number 8 car, however. A large accident early in the race thanks to Laurent Seron pushing too hard put them out of competition, and then a brake failure later added insult to injury. He would be sure to have the boys check out the diagnostics - they could not risk another accident like that again.

EDIT: Any chance we could get what lap the retirements occurred? I'm planning on my results page on the wiki including the number of laps completed.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

ZimSport pulls out of SARS
John Zimmer announced today that his ZimSport operation was pulling out of the Siemens Ausdauer Reject Series, citing high costs and travel difficulties as his reason. "The series is fairly expensive. Designing the car wasn't too bad, but the repair costs are astronomical, and it simply isn't worth it over the long term. It's also costly with travel - normally we'd run this sort of operation out of Milton Keynes, but when the HRTs move there later in the year there simply won't be the space to work on them, which means we'd have to work out of Eastern Creek." Zimmer is also understood to have other plans for his drivers, especially JP Laurent, who is linked to a move to ZimSport's GTR WC operation, but he refused to answer questions regarding his drivers.

So yeah, I'm pulling out, largely because I need the drivers elsewhere and can't keep track of this series very well.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:So yeah, I'm pulling out, largely because I need the drivers elsewhere and can't keep track of this series very well.

Can't you make another Zimmer? I mean, Shizuka already came up with a name for one and everything. :P :lol:
Everything's great.
the Masked Lapwing

Salamander wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:So yeah, I'm pulling out, largely because I need the drivers elsewhere and can't keep track of this series very well.

Can't you make another Zimmer? I mean, Shizuka already came up with a name for one and everything. :P :lol:

There's a point where the ZIMSANITY becomes too much :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Klon, can I expand to three cars after ZimSport's withdrawal? Or what will happen with their entry? :?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

FMecha wrote:Klon, can I expand to three cars after ZimSport's withdrawal? Or what will happen with their entry? :?

To be honest, I don't know. Can someone remember whether we have a waiting list going? If not, then you can have a third car of course.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Klon wrote:
FMecha wrote:Klon, can I expand to three cars after ZimSport's withdrawal? Or what will happen with their entry? :?

To be honest, I don't know. Can someone remember whether we have a waiting list going? If not, then you can have a third car of course.

I would be interested in this series

Team Name: Rob Lomas Racing
Team Nationality: England
Class: Prototype
Chassis Designation:R.L.R-027
Chassis Designer:Jose Betran Carbonell
Engine: Judd 4.2L v10
Drivers (First Car): Ryan Briscoe (AUS), Kamui Kobayashi (JPN),HWNSNBM, Hungary)
Drivers (Second Car):Loic Duval(R.L,Belgium), Rob Lomas(Fictional,England), Robert Wickens(R.L,Canada)

thanks

Rasmus wrote:
Rasmus wrote:If there is any free driver spot i would like to say that Casper Toft (DEN) is available to any seat. He brings a lot of talent and a good bunch of money. :)

Looking as many teams are without drivers I would like to say that Casper Toft is still available :)

If he still is availible, could I please have him?

Edit
Ignore the bottom bit regarding Toft
Last edited by roblo97 on 17 Sep 2013, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

If this series features real drivers it shouldn't be considered cannon
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Aerond wrote:If this series features real drivers it shouldn't be considered cannon

Klon's alternate F1 relies on real drivers and AltCART has real drivers, so I disagree. :roll:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

FMecha wrote:
Aerond wrote:If this series features real drivers it shouldn't be considered cannon

Klon's alternate F1 relies on real drivers and AltCART has real drivers, so I disagree. :roll:

In fact, so do F1RICS and rFAF1...
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

You are not canon manager, so bugger off and stay in your own playpen :P
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Unless you want to start a motion to have rFaF1, Alt Cart, and F1WRCR be non-canon, this is not a good enough reason. Not to mention klon's alternate F1 which is almost entirely real drivers.
Everything's great.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

roblomas52 wrote:
Rasmus wrote:
Rasmus wrote:If there is any free driver spot i would like to say that Casper Toft (DEN) is available to any seat. He brings a lot of talent and a good bunch of money. :)

Looking as many teams are without drivers I would like to say that Casper Toft is still available :)

If he still is availible, could I please have him?

No, he has been signed by Ecurie Prenois months ago.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

On that basis then, I will use the skills of HWNSNBM in my first car
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
the Masked Lapwing

roblomas52 wrote:On that basis then, I will use the skills of HWNSNBM in my first car

Has it actually been confirmed that you have a team yet?

For what it's worth, I reckon Foxdale should be given the chance to expand to a two-car team. And I really want to see what names dr-baker can come up with :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Thank you for joining us on discussions we led ages ago. :P

I basically agree with what TMLW says: Foxdale has 78 hours to respond whether they want a second car or not; should they say no or don't respond, Rob Lomas Racing will join the series with one car.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

If anyone would like to swap their two GT entries for my two Prototype entries, I'd like to make it happen :)

Image Image
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Stramala wrote:If anyone would like to swap their two GT entries for my two Prototype entries, I'd like to make it happen :)

Yes please...
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Stramala wrote:If anyone would like to swap their two GT entries for my two Prototype entries, I'd like to make it happen :)

Yes please...

Well, if Klon's okay with it, then...

IBR Lavezzi [ITA]
GT Class
550M - Ferrari

Same drivers as before...I think :D

Image Image
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:On that basis then, I will use the skills of HWNSNBM in my first car

Has it actually been confirmed that you have a team yet?

For what it's worth, I reckon Foxdale should be given the chance to expand to a two-car team. And I really want to see what names dr-baker can come up with :lol:

Klon wrote:

Thank you for joining us on discussions we led ages ago. :P

I basically agree with what TMLW says: Foxdale has 78 hours to respond whether they want a second car or not; should they say no or don't respond, Rob Lomas Racing will join the series with one car.

I think that I might just do that! I will come back in a while with some witty, punny driver names... Now, where's my atlas? ;)

EDIT: Are you guys ready?!?! In car number two for Foxdale are three Londoners, each from different parts of London. Their names are...:

Mary Lebone
Ken Sington
John Wood

What do you guys think? Set for stardom, surely!
MCard LOLA
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:EDIT: Are you guys ready?!?! In car number two for Foxdale are three Londoners, each from different parts of London. Their names are...:

Mary Lebone
Ken Sington
John Wood

What do you guys think? Set for stardom, surely!

Announcement: there has been a slight revision to the above list. Ken Sington has bee sacked for having a ridiculous surname. So he has been replaced by another Londoner, James Park. As commensation, Ken Sington has been offered a new contrack as reserve/test driver.
MCard LOLA
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Endurance-Info.com wrote:Ecurie Prenois withdraws from Siemens Ausdauer Reject Series

Jules Connes, team principal and owner of Ecurie Prenois, has announced the withdrawal of his team from the inaugural Ausdauer Reject Series season. "This series was announced as the successor of WEC, but even what remains of that seires is better than what we have here.", a very disappointed Connes said. "We haven't heard from the series organizers since the non-championship race." But that's not the only problem, according to Connes. "We had one of the two prototype cars that made it to the finish without major reliability issues. The designers picked by the series organizers are apparently not capable of designing cars which can last a fourhour race, let alone a six-hour one. The running costs will be massive with all the spare parts required. We did some tests after the London round, and the car spent more time in the garage than on track."

However, Connes wants to remain in endurance racing. "I'm not sure if we can afford an LMP1 project for 2017, but we're at least planning to be at Le Mans next year with our Dome LMP2 cars. Our chances to be there in 2016 are, unfortunately, very low, but we're planning to run in ELMS for the rest of the year.", Connes explains the future of Écurie Prenois.

Obviously, Ecurie Prenois has no use for the two Ansari-designed JC16 cars now. We're looking for potential buyers, as we want to minimize the losses from the Siemens ARS project.

So, Ecurie Prenois will withdraw from the series, and anyone can take their place in the prototype category.

Rasmus, I could find a place for Toft in a different series, for example in the GTR championship.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

2016 SARS KFC American Grand Prix

Post by Klon »

2016 SARS KFC American Grand Prix - Qualifying

=== PROTOTYPE ===
Even though the prototype class had to suffer the loss of two teams, the field was still very energetic when lining up for the first race at the legendary Indianapolis Speedway. Bothering the staff with building up the road course only a few days before the 100th running of the Indy 500. With five teams and 10 cars left in the prototype class, people were still expecting a thrilling battle and qualifying sure did disappoint them. The one-lap pace of West Cliff is a class above the competition, giving the trio of Isles/Bourne/Dorra an easy pole position. A heroic lap by Enge prevented a West Cliff 1-2, although some would say it was more the lack of experience of the Lebone/Wood/Park line-up instead. They are followed by a few close cars before the field spreads out a bit further, being, in the end followed by the #2 Gauthier who did not really go anywhere all afternoon.

Qualifying
1. Isles/Bourne/Dorra - West Cliff - 1:25.791
2. Vranes/Enge/Matsuura - Onyx - 1:26.754
3. Lebone/Wood/Park - West Cliff - 1:27.559
4. Davidson/Edens/Adél - Gauthier - 1:27.687
5. Moreira/Horford/Premat - Pulsar - 1:27.709
6. Kikkawa/Ide/Hirate - Onyx - 1:27.780
7. Dong-Geon/Coelho/Fabián - Schröder - 1:29.241
8. Lukauskis/Jankstrom/Lotterer - Pulsar - 1:29.972
9. Torres/Latif/Nthala - Schröder - 1:30.526
10. Sarrazin/Gauthier/Tucker - Gauthier - 1:31.236

=== ROAD ===
Just like in the prototype category, the cars designed by George West dominate qualifying. However, he has designed more than one car in this category. The road class cars, comparable to GT300, therefore had a much more exciting session with the first four cars all within a second. If Bruni had not pulled a miraculous lap, this difference would have been even lower. Samurai Rocket where pretty much the only team able to break the oligopoly of IBR, Dofasco and the Nepalese racers. Although, probably it's more apt to say that Giovanni Vaille was the only driver able to break etc., etc., seeing as the other Samurai Rocket car was off the pace.

Qualifying
1. Voeckler/Fisichella/Bruni - IBR - 1:38.531
2. Seron/Chalise/Basnet - Himalayas - 1:39.019
3. Tajner/Witzberger/Mueller - Dofasco - 1:39.389
4. Broniszewski/Malinowski/Stapel - Dofasco - 1:39.450
5. Jiménez/Adhikari/Sitoula - Himalayas - 1:40.427
6. Vaille/Guile/Fukami - Samurai Rocket - 1:40.550
7. Caffi/Chiesa/Guglielminpietro - IBR - 1:41.122
8. Brown/Bastürk/Senna - Euromotor - 1:42.207
9. Power/Baromono/Blog - Tassie - 1:42.487
10. Whincup/Lowndes/Moyenmoutier - Tassie - 1:42.698
11. Vercuisse/Lance/Rojas - Euromotor - 1:43.036
12. Toreno/Hibiki/Ceara - Samurai Rocket - 1:44.659
Last edited by Klon on 27 Nov 2013, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Hoping that West Cliff can carry that qualifying success into race success.
MCard LOLA
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Very happy with that result! Could you please let me know who set the fastest time in the Himalayas cars?
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

AustralianStig wrote:Very happy with that result! Could you please let me know who set the fastest time in the Himalayas cars?

Seron and Sitoula respectively.
Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

pi314159 wrote:
Endurance-Info.com wrote:Ecurie Prenois withdraws from Siemens Ausdauer Reject Series

Jules Connes, team principal and owner of Ecurie Prenois, has announced the withdrawal of his team from the inaugural Ausdauer Reject Series season. "This series was announced as the successor of WEC, but even what remains of that seires is better than what we have here.", a very disappointed Connes said. "We haven't heard from the series organizers since the non-championship race." But that's not the only problem, according to Connes. "We had one of the two prototype cars that made it to the finish without major reliability issues. The designers picked by the series organizers are apparently not capable of designing cars which can last a fourhour race, let alone a six-hour one. The running costs will be massive with all the spare parts required. We did some tests after the London round, and the car spent more time in the garage than on track."

However, Connes wants to remain in endurance racing. "I'm not sure if we can afford an LMP1 project for 2017, but we're at least planning to be at Le Mans next year with our Dome LMP2 cars. Our chances to be there in 2016 are, unfortunately, very low, but we're planning to run in ELMS for the rest of the year.", Connes explains the future of Écurie Prenois.

Obviously, Ecurie Prenois has no use for the two Ansari-designed JC16 cars now. We're looking for potential buyers, as we want to minimize the losses from the Siemens ARS project.

So, Ecurie Prenois will withdraw from the series, and anyone can take their place in the prototype category.

Rasmus, I could find a place for Toft in a different series, for example in the GTR championship.

That would be sweet :D
Blog about all things motorsport - http://motorsportist.wordpress.com/
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Rasmus wrote:
pi314159 wrote:So, Ecurie Prenois will withdraw from the series, and anyone can take their place in the prototype category.

There is a driver spot opening up after the next round in the GTR WC, would Toft be interested in the seat?
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
Rasmus wrote:
pi314159 wrote:So, Ecurie Prenois will withdraw from the series, and anyone can take their place in the prototype category.

There is a driver spot opening up after the next round in the GTR WC, would Toft be interested in the seat?

I guess he is.
Blog about all things motorsport - http://motorsportist.wordpress.com/
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

2016 SARS KFC American Grand Prix

Post by Klon »

Because of a change in calculation method, I will have to retcon a certain rule: instead of the race being on time, race distance is now 1200 km.

2016 SARS KFC American Grand Prix - Race

=== PROTOTYPE ===
Despite their team mates being the heroes in qualifying it was the trio of Lebone, Wood and Park who took the lead in the first part of this race, with the Gauthier car of Davidson, Adél and Edens right on their tail. Early misfortune for Schröder, as their BMW engine ceased working and needed to be repaired, costing the #5 car around 87 laps. The West Cliff cars went on to dominate the early phase of this race, before Anthony Davidson and his buddies took the race in their own hand, making an impact in the middle of the race. Kohei Hirate and Hanna Edens had a major crash whilst the former was getting lapped, which ended the day of one of the Gauthiers after a huge crash earlier by James Park caused the first retirement in the Road Class, shortly before the beginning of the last third of the race. Whilst that was the worst news for West Cliff, but the Isles/Bourne/Dorra car dropping in pace can't be that neat either. Thankfully they recovered their lost pace and manage to work around their late-race weakness and nurse the lead back home to actually take the first championship race win in SARS history, which adds up to a complete hattrick, ahead of the #2 Gauthier who did a great job recovering from last place in qualifying and the #6 Pulsar.

Race
1. Isles/Bourne/Dorra - West Cliff - 8:43:43.623
2. Sarrazin/Gauthier/Tucker - Gauthier - +51.470
3. Lukauskis/Jankstrom/Lotterer - Pulsar - 1 Lap (1 Lap)
4. Vranes/Enge/Matsuura - Onyx - 2 Laps (1 Lap)
5. Torres/Latif/Nthala - Schröder - 3 Laps (1 Lap)
6. Moreira/Horford/Premat - Pulsar - 4 Laps (1 Lap)
7. Kikkawa/Ide/Hirate - Onyx - 62 Laps (58 Laps)
DNF - Davidson/Edens/Adél - Gauthier - 84 Laps
NC - Dong-Geon/Coelho/Fabián - Schröder - 87 Laps
DNF - Lebone/Wood/Park - West Cliff - 102 Laps

FLAP - Isles/Bourne/Dorra - West Cliff - 1:31.944

=== ROAD ===
The trio of former F1 stars Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler, Giancarlo Fisichella and Gianmaria Bruni won pole and managed to hold on to the lead in the early part of the race. An early retirement awaited home driver Dinah Lance, who totalled the car with a massive shunt into the wall out of turn 13. Samurai Rocket, on the other hand, had a massive mess-up at their pitstop which resulted in their #11 car losing a few laps in the pits. Sadly IBR's success went to hell when their car needed to be repaired after Voeckler kissed the wall a few times, throwing them out of contention. The Dofasco of Stapel, Maliowski and Broniszewski seemed to have problems early on in the race and those problems resulted in a 31-lap long repair break. Sadly that was not enough, they needed to work on the car again later in the race. Craig Lowndes crashes just as massive as Dinah Lance but manages to somehow bring the car back to the pits for repairs. Other than that, the battles in this class are very close. Split fortunes at Himalayas in the middle of the race, the engine in the car led by foreigner Jiménez had a number of problems, costing them almost 100 laps and the chance to be classified whilst the car led by foreigner Seron ran brilliantly. In the final part, the pressure got to the Tassie Racing car of Will Power and his less famous partner, it's gearbox broke and was considered FUBAR. While Laurent Seron, Raju Chalise and Ganesh Basnet managed to control the race for a valueable win, P2 was very close, with the #4 Dofasco having a horrible final stint and the IBR crew hammering in FLAP after FLAP: Witzberger just saved the second place for Dofasco in one of the most thrilling and closest finishes endurance racing has ever seen.

Race
1. Seron/Chalise/Basnet - Himalayas - 231 Laps
2. Tajner/Witzberger/Mueller - Dofasco - 1 Lap
3. Caffi/Chiesa/Guglielminpietro - IBR - 1 Lap (+0.064)
4. Brown/Bastürk/Senna - Euromotor - 1 Lap (+49.435)
5. Toreno/Hibiki/Ceara - Samurai Rocket - 2 Laps (1 Lap)
6. Vaille/Guile/Fukami - Samurai Rocket - 11 Laps (9 Laps)
7. Whincup/Lowndes/Moyenmoutier - Tassie - 33 Laps (22 Laps)
8. Power/Baromono/Blog - Tassie - 39 Laps (6 Laps)
NC - Broniszewski/Malinowski/Stapel - Dofasco - 72 Laps (30 Laps)
NC - Voeckler/Fisichella/Bruni - IBR - 88 Laps (16 Laps)
NC - Jiménez/Adhikari/Sitoula - Himalayas - 111 Laps (23 Laps)
DNF - Vercuisse/Lance/Rojas - Euromotor - 204 Laps (93 Laps)

FLAP - Caffi/Chiesa/Guglielminpietro - IBR - 1:39.402
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Whoop whoop! :D Gotta be lovin' the Indy 745!
MCard LOLA