2017 RWRS Universe Silly Season Thread

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 RWRS Universe Silly Season Thread

Post by Klon »

Biscione wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:Martyn Rietacher, who is not a pay driver, is available for hire by anyone in any series he is eligible for.

Voeckler is interested in hiring him as a janitor :lol:

Best In The World™ would like him as a model for our newest T-Shirts. :twisted:
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

RejectSport wrote:"[...] whereas McKane's talent is plain for all to see."

So much so that he didn't win where as his replacement did.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Autosport Plus wrote:Dissension amongst the Jones junior ranks?

As the F1RWRS off-season continues to develop rapidly, cracks seem to be forming amongst the Jones Racing Team junior ranks heading into the 2017 season. While the likes of IBR, BITW and MRT have managed to develop many young talented drivers for the F1RWRS, the Jones program has produced almost no drivers that have raced in the premier open-wheeler category. However, they have one in the ranks who many believe could be one of the true greats of the sport, but whose snubbing by his employees could be a decision that could haunt the team for years to come.

Publicly, he may seem like the consummate professional, but many in the business know 18 year old Brit Terry Hawkin is seething over Jones Racing's decision to pick F2RWRS champion Diego Alvarez Torrente to be Mark Dagnall's teammate for 2017 over him. The IFRC champion had a watershed year in 2016 and while many expected him to step up in the main game for 2017, Jones team owner Sammy Jones made the call very early on in the silly season to leave him in the IFRC for another year, citing his young age as the main factor behind his decision. Further devastating news was given to the young Brit just weeks later when he found out Torrente had been picked for the drive largely due to the money he received for winning the F2RWRS championship, despite the Spaniard being barely two years older than Hawkin, seemingly confirming the lack of faith Jones had in his young charger.

Jones' criticisms of Hawkin's age have been especially surprising considering the general consensus within the paddock is he is one of the most level-headed and mature drivers in the field during his time in the F3RWRS, F2RWRS and IFRC, while others have called into question Torrente's ability to be 100% in the game week-in, week-out after a number of rather quiet showings in the F2RWRS this season, and in the IFRC predecessor RoLFS the year before. Despite that however, it seems that Torrente's finances have won out and has left Hawkin in a precarious position amongst the Jones program for 2017 and beyond. Indeed, several sources within the RWRS paddock are starting to believe that Hawkin could walk out of the Jones program within days as he reportedly considers his options for the upcoming year.

The Brit may have a IFRC contract with the Jones team for next season and has started to receive interest from the Revolution F1RWRS team, but it is still a far cry from where many feels he deserves to be; in a top F1RWRS gig. While the early decision to keep him in the IFRC has largely locked him out of the F1RWRS driver market, there are very few teams owners that would say no to his services unless they absolutely had no other choice, regardless of whether he has financial backing, like many other young drivers in the current day and age, or not. Irrespective of what happens though, one thing is for certain; Hawkin's future in the F1RWRS does not lie with the Jones team.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

www.mundodeportivo.com wrote:Torrente hits back at critics; excited for 2017

After a particularly critical article that appeared in Autosport this week, F2RWRS champion Diego Álvarez Torrente has hit back at the negative comments that have clouded his move to Jones' F1RWRS team.

Torrente won the F2RWRS series in his first season, despite having to endure three occasions where he didn't pre-qualify for the race. Although he is highly rated by both the Jones team and his management company in Astro Racing Group, a number of publications and team owners have written off the young Spaniard's chances in next year's premier series and suggesting that Jones hired him solely for his F2RWRS prize-fund.

"When I first started karting, my dad [former racing driver José Álvarez] told me not to take anything I read about me to heart." said Diego, taking to El Mundo Deportivo. "I'm trying not to, but it hurts a bit to see big magazines saying I have no chance to make it."

"The good thing is that I'm going to go into the new season as an underdog, but I still feel that some people are criticising my driving without reason. I won F2RWRS by being consistent and fast, and I did well in RoLFS despite not having the best package on the grid. Maybe I've got to prove myself further, but I'm completely up for the challenge. It's going to be fun, and I hope Sammy keeps faith in me."

Torrente will partner 3-time F1RWRS champion Mark Dagnall at Jones next season, as they look to retain their position at the front of the field.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Wizzie wrote:
Autosport Plus wrote:Dissension amongst the Jones junior ranks?

:lol:

Yes I've had an offer for Hawkin to go to Revolution, and no he won't be joining them in 2017 (sorry Shizuka).

The fact is, that and the half-hearted attempt by Jeremy to get Hawkin and Miccoli in at Aston in F2 are the only two offers I've had for him this off-season. He needs one more year at least and then if the right seat is available, I'll move him up. Simples!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

It's official: Nick Nurmester and his manager Niko Nurminen have decided it's best for him to stay in the junior categories for one more year. Due to their fruitful relationship in F3RWRS he'd like to sign with Jones' F2RWRS effort, but he's open to offers from other teams as well.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Nuppiz wrote:It's official: Nick Nurmester and his manager Niko Nurminen have decided it's best for him to stay in the junior categories for one more year. Due to their fruitful relationship in F3RWRS he'd like to sign with Jones' F2RWRS effort, but he's open to offers from other teams as well.

Aston's offer still stands. Nurmester should be fantastic in the junior leagues.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Nuppiz wrote:It's official: Nick Nurmester and his manager Niko Nurminen have decided it's best for him to stay in the junior categories for one more year. Due to their fruitful relationship in F3RWRS he'd like to sign with Jones' F2RWRS effort, but he's open to offers from other teams as well.

Err crikey you caught me off-guard with that one, but I'd love to have Nurmester in F2RWRS next season! :)

This will likely mean that Roberto Dinella will not be at Jones' F2RWRS team next season unless Giles Massinion wants a move away, and so therefore Dinella is available to all F2RWRS team principals to hire.

He's also a paydriver as well, so any F1RWRS team owners, keep that in mind! ;)

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AndreaModa wrote:

Err crikey you caught me off-guard with that one, but I'd love to have Nurmester in F2RWRS next season! :)

This will likely mean that Roberto Dinella will not be at Jones' F2RWRS team next season unless Giles Massinion wants a move away, and so therefore Dinella is available to all F2RWRS team principals to hire.

Grovey's disappeared though, so Massinion might not have an owner to make a decision...yet.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

AndreaModa wrote:

Great, consider that a done deal then! :)
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ataxia wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

Grovey's disappeared though, so Massinion might not have an owner to make a decision...yet.

Speaking of this - Gilles Massinion will race in the Toyota Reject Racing Series in the off-season, and after that, anyone will be able to offer a contract to him. So, if a Jones F2RWRS ride is the best offer Massinion gets after TRRS is done, chances are he'll return to Jones - but with RNG, sometimes things against all odds will actually occur...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Biscione wrote:
Ataxia wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:

Speaking of this - Gilles Massinion will race in the Toyota Reject Racing Series in the off-season, and after that, anyone will be able to offer a contract to him. So, if a Jones F2RWRS ride is the best offer Massinion gets after TRRS is done, chances are he'll return to Jones - but with RNG, sometimes things against all odds will actually occur...

As I said in the TRRS thread Grovey told me that I could do whatever I wanted with his characters. I have no real plans for Massinion so if you want to take over his management to keep him in F2RWRS you are quite welcome.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
OsellaFA1L

Post by OsellaFA1L »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:As I said in the TRRS thread Grovey told me that I could do whatever I wanted with his characters. I have no real plans for Massinion so if you want to take over his management to keep him in F2RWRS you are quite welcome.

Can I take over his management?

In other news, Speedworld will return to the renamed Autoreject 3.5 series in 2017
RIP Jules Bianchi

Only Bernie could pay his way out of a bribery court case
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

RejectSport wrote:Bannock seeking clarification for 2017 season
ZombieKart driver Junior Bannock has spoken openly and publicly of his desire to know his team's plans for 2017.
"At this stage I don't know if I'll remain a driver with ZombieKart. They are a strong team and I know my results haven't quite lived up to Walsh's, but it is my first season in F3RWRS and I have been a consistent finisher. I would like to know if I have done enough to remain a part of the team next year or whether I should be looking in the Classifieds," the rookie said, looking a little nervous. "If I haven't done enough to remain within the fold at ZombieKart, I am confident to pick up a spot within another front-runner F3 team,"
The news comes as Junior's brother, Lemuel Bannock, announced his intentions to enter the Carribean Racing League, and was quickly offered a one-off drive in the home Jamaican round for Gonzalez Motorsport, as he attempts to kickstart his motorsport career.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I see a few people interested in Massinion.

RDD has elected to send him to TRRS, here will race off against the likes of Kwol-Cho, Kremnicky etc, and then his fate will be decided at the end of that series, before 2017 begins.

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Personally I couldn't quite remember who Massinion's owner was anyway, I always knew it was a fringe member which was one of the reasons I took him on but that's cleared everything up nicely!

If someone does ultimately assume ownership of him, then the Jones drive is there should they want it because I think he does have a bit of potential and deserves another crack before I consider any replacement. However the new owner is free to move Massinion away from F2RWRS if they choose.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:If someone does ultimately assume ownership of him, then the Jones drive is there should they want it because I think he does have a bit of potential and deserves another crack before I consider any replacement. However the new owner is free to move Massinion away from F2RWRS if they choose.

Well, just keep an eye our for end of season in TRRS (this sholuld be a month or so before F2RWRS kicks off). At that point, you can make an offer to permanently assume control of his DEC, and therefore be in full control of his future. An F2RWRS renewal gives good odds though. In fact, team owners who make offers to drivers they ran in TRRS get an RNG bonus, so if you were to enter TRRS and select Massinion as a driver, you'd make your chances of signing him permanently even higher! :)

Image Image
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Biscione wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:If someone does ultimately assume ownership of him, then the Jones drive is there should they want it because I think he does have a bit of potential and deserves another crack before I consider any replacement. However the new owner is free to move Massinion away from F2RWRS if they choose.

Well, just keep an eye our for end of season in TRRS (this sholuld be a month or so before F2RWRS kicks off). At that point, you can make an offer to permanently assume control of his DEC, and therefore be in full control of his future. An F2RWRS renewal gives good odds though. In fact, team owners who make offers to drivers they ran in TRRS get an RNG bonus, so if you were to enter TRRS and select Massinion as a driver, you'd make your chances of signing him permanently even higher! :)

But I don't want him in my DEC roster! I want to at least try and run other peoples' drivers! :lol:

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

AndreaModa wrote:
Biscione wrote:Well, just keep an eye our for end of season in TRRS (this sholuld be a month or so before F2RWRS kicks off). At that point, you can make an offer to permanently assume control of his DEC, and therefore be in full control of his future. An F2RWRS renewal gives good odds though. In fact, team owners who make offers to drivers they ran in TRRS get an RNG bonus, so if you were to enter TRRS and select Massinion as a driver, you'd make your chances of signing him permanently even higher! :)

But I don't want him in my DEC roster! I want to at least try and run other peoples' drivers! :lol:

1. Grab Massinion's DEC
2. Give him to someone else
3. ???
4. Profit

:P
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Nuppiz wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:
Biscione wrote:Well, just keep an eye our for end of season in TRRS (this sholuld be a month or so before F2RWRS kicks off). At that point, you can make an offer to permanently assume control of his DEC, and therefore be in full control of his future. An F2RWRS renewal gives good odds though. In fact, team owners who make offers to drivers they ran in TRRS get an RNG bonus, so if you were to enter TRRS and select Massinion as a driver, you'd make your chances of signing him permanently even higher! :)

1. Grab Massinion's DEC
2. Give him to someone else
3. ???
4. Profit

:P

Alternatively, coerse a third party into offering to take his DEC, with the promise of a Jones F2RWRS drive ;)

Image Image
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Autosport wrote:Pacer and Suomanen to drive for Ecurie Prenois in AutoReject 3.5

Écurie Prenois has announced its drivers for the upcoming 2017 AutoReject 3.5 season. Tuomas Suomanen, who drove in F3RWRS for DSR and Mazzacane Motorsport in 2016, was already known to be part of Ecurie Prenois' AR3.5 lineup. His teammate will be Gary Pacer, who is also moving up from F3RWRS. He has scored conistent top 10 results in the 2016 season, including two podiums at Adelaide and Brands Hatch, and is currently 8th in the overall standings with three races to go.

After a difficult first season, when the they got on the entry list very late, the team is now looking forward to 2017. "We had a slightly difficult first year in IFRC, and were clearly not as competetive as we had hoped, but we are still a relatively new team, and we have learnt a lot for 2017.", Gilles Hadamard, team principal of Écurie Prenois, explained. "But we have two very talented drivers for 2017, and no more engine disadvantage, so consistent points finishes are our goal for next season."
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

www.espn.co.uk/rwrs wrote:Nebula divert attention to F2RWRS

Nebula Grand Prix are to confirm their withdrawal from F3RWRS, and will take over their sister company Fusion Motorsports' F2RWRS entry for 2017.

"We thought it best to divert Fusion's attention solely to F1RWRS" stated team principal and Astro co-owner Jacques Couteau, "and so with the F3 program being cut we decided to pass the entry over to Nebula. We've got a title sponsorship deal with Airwaves for the new season, and we certainly hope to make waves in the series next year!"

The confirmed lineup of Quentin Reatherson and Thomas Yorke remains the same, and the team have provided us with an exclusive look at their new Lola chassis for next season.

Thanks to Pasta for the lovely screenshots!
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Autosport wrote:Simon Mestach to F3RWRS
The young Best In The World junior driver has signed a contract with F3RWRS outfit Aeroracing engineering to compete full time in the 2017 season. The Belgian comes to the series with two years of F1RDS experience including three victories and eight podiums, as well as a forthcoming participation in the Macau Junior Masters for Team Echoften.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Autosport wrote:Hawkin in F2RWRS U-Turn Drama

Terry Hawkin has made a dramatic switch from AR3.5 to F2RWRS after being initially pencilled in by manager Sammy Jones to defend his drivers' title for Jones' team. Instead, Hawkin will make a return to the revamped F2RWRS championship where he last drove in 2015. There, Hawkin will once again drive for Jones and partner hot F3RWRS prospect Nick Nurmester who graduates from Jones' team in that series. The two look set to be one of the strongest pairings on the F2RWRS grid, and both Jones and Hawkin are confident that with the organisational changes, F2RWRS will be the place to be in 2017.

Meanwhile, Jones' AR3.5 team now has a vacant seat and rumours of who exactly will fill that drive are already circulating. Jones however has already made it clear that he intends to part ways with current F3RWRS driver Roberto Dinella, ensuring that the Italian is out on his own for 2017 and will therefore not assume the Jones drive in AR3.5. With Stan Frankham and the controversial George MacDrage filling Jones' F3RWRS seats, the pieces are almost in place for Jones as far as 2017 is concerned. The only remaining question is who will partner Marko Jantscher in AR3.5?

So...Hawkin back to F2RWRS with Nurmester, Frankham and MacDrage in F3RWRS.

I'm looking for a capable, potentially race-winning driver to join Jantscher in AR3.5. I believe Alessandro Marchesi is kicking about, and if he is, I'd like to invite him for the role.

Likewise, Roberto Dinella is looking for a drive - F3RWRS, F2RWRS, AR3.5, hell if you're feeling lucky why not F1RWRS? He is a pay-driver and comes with a lorry-load of Lampre cash and a lovely splash of pink for your livery, so what are you waiting for? Sign him up!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

AndreaModa wrote:Likewise, Roberto Dinella is looking for a drive - F3RWRS, F2RWRS, AR3.5, hell if you're feeling lucky why not F1RWRS? He is a pay-driver and comes with a lorry-load of Lampre cash and a lovely splash of pink for your livery, so what are you waiting for? Sign him up!

Talent. We are waiting for talent. It's like waiting for a train on the Shetland Isles. There's not even a train station, never mind an actual train to wait for. That's how hopeless a cause it is. :P

Image Image
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

www.espn.co.uk/rwrs wrote:Andrej Kremnicky still looking for a drive,but has trouble finding sponsors

Previous season for Andrej Kremnicky was a veritable disaster , instead of fighting for the championship F2RWRS , Slovak talent , called by some " future champion " failed completely , having problems even with the transition of pre - qualification. now formally Slovak driver is still Il Barone Rampante , but as he himself admits Kremnický already looking for another team , but does not reveal whether it be a team in F1RWRS or F2RWRS , but as he himself admits is open to proposals for cooperation

" I am open to different proposals , indeed the last season was hopeless , but I still stand me a lot and I'm still young , and this is a considerable advantage "

However, these advantages may prove to be insufficient , because , as he admits Kremnický has trouble finding sponsors who helped to collect the budget needed to do a job

" I admit frankly that I am difficult to build a budget , Slovakia for hard to find someone who would want to be interested in me , but I hope someone will find me .... because too much time has not been ... "
RonDenisDeletraz

The Lukas wrote:
www.espn.co.uk/rwrs wrote:Andrej Kremnicky still looking for a drive,but has trouble finding sponsors

Previous season for Andrej Kremnicky was a veritable disaster , instead of fighting for the championship F2RWRS , Slovak talent , called by some " future champion " failed completely , having problems even with the transition of pre - qualification. now formally Slovak driver is still Il Barone Rampante , but as he himself admits Kremnický already looking for another team , but does not reveal whether it be a team in F1RWRS or F2RWRS , but as he himself admits is open to proposals for cooperation

" I am open to different proposals , indeed the last season was hopeless , but I still stand me a lot and I'm still young , and this is a considerable advantage "

However, these advantages may prove to be insufficient , because , as he admits Kremnický has trouble finding sponsors who helped to collect the budget needed to do a job

" I admit frankly that I am difficult to build a budget , Slovakia for hard to find someone who would want to be interested in me , but I hope someone will find me .... because too much time has not been ... "

Kremnicky has already been signed up to TRRS due to inactivity
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:
The Lukas wrote:

Kremnicky has already been signed up to TRRS due to inactivity

Yeah, but this kinda throws the spanner in the works. DEC holders who roll up again after a while away, and before TRRS start, can reclaim their drivers back again. Depends if The_Lukas intervenes or not.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Biscione wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:Kremnicky has already been signed up to TRRS due to inactivity

Yeah, but this kinda throws the spanner in the works. DEC holders who roll up again after a while away, and before TRRS start, can reclaim their drivers back again. Depends if The_Lukas intervenes or not.

Its an awkward scenario all around, tbh I didn't know how it would work out

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

ign.com wrote:Reject Racing? Reject Game.

Having failed to get the Reject World Race Series license, Cheapchips Studios has persevered with Reject Racing, an F1RWRS-based game containing all 20 teams who competed in the 2016 season. When we say "containing", we mean "providing facsimilies of, since the studio refused to fork out on the license". The names for teams and drivers are almost comically bad, the run down of which we will provide later on.

It's not just the licensing where the game falls flat. The game physics are poor, and AI cars often accelerate at ridiculous rates which ensures that taking the fight to them is incredibly difficult on a power circuit. As soon as the cars navigate the...erm, "Milan" circuit (for all intents and purposes, Monza), the AI cars take off without a hitch, leaving you either lagging behind the pack or missing a rear wing, since the car on the grid behind you speared into your rear with the speed of an Exocet missile. Ahem.

The only good thing about the game is the menu screens and the background music. The game actually seems semi-polished in that respect; the menus are accessible and tidy, as electronic musicians like Aphex Twin and Autechre provide the backdrop. Once the "single race" button is clicked though, that's it. You could look past the licensing if the racing was good; for example, the Pro Evolution Soccer more than makes up for the generic team names with its gameplay. However, Reject Racing is nothing more than a bargain bin filler, and as its name suggests, the racing is very...rejectful indeed.

To conclude, here's how the F1RWRS entry list looks with the "Reject Racing" naming. It's almost worth buying the game alone for these.

Vegan Merlin Racing Team
1. Marcus Dagenham
2. Jean-Jacques Schindler

Crystal Johnson Frog Team
3. Ralph Daniels
4. Fillippo Mascarpone

Scarecrow Racing Engineering
5. Philippa Bloke
6. Kristian Lenz

Giles Belgium National Team
7. Timmy Belloc
8. Andreu Bowl

Wolfenden Auto Racing Team
9. Mick McChip
10. Bob Foot

Dart-Amaretto Sport
11. Murdoc Bonkovic
12. Pierre Knickers

Komodo Motors
13. Nicky McCrane
14. Tong Kawasaki

Something Daejong
15. Davide Meringue
16. Jessop Daniels

Boredom Engineering
17. Antonio Bacardi
18. Juho Clickynun

Addition Crane Racing
19. Dietrich Hamburger
20. Bingo Matron

Pocketsquare Racing
21. Milan Reichtangle
22. Ashton Worthington

Maurice Hilton Racing Team
23. Frog Zipper
24. DeShawn Bloke

Penile Fracture Crisp Motorsport
25. Derek van Rerekk
26. Bertram Krinklestein

Italy Airforce Team
27. Nathan Spatchcock
28. Rob Moggonet

Roundabout Engineering
29. Shiitake Hellokiti
30. Haystack Shinobi

Mercury Grand Prix
31. Reggie Jeminems
32. Neil Sloth

Hockey Griffin Motorsports
33. Mitchell Clegg
34. Ding Weifei

AutoMechanics Racing
35. Jean-Claude Appetiser
36. Neville Silver

Lukewarm Dolphin Racing
37. Andrey Volauvent
38. Keenan Breads

Almost Gollum Air
39. Javier Pizzetta
40. Hondake Shogun
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Autosport wrote:Torrente to bring Telefonica cash

Having won the F2RWRS championship, Spanish telecoms giant Telefónica will start to back Diego Álvarez Torrente's F1RWRS endeavours, ensuring that the Spaniard has a thriving racing career and to increase their brand awareness. Torrente moves to Jones next season, and the team will receive a financial boost from the deal.

"I'm so happy to have such a big company coming for the ride with me" said Torrente. "I will be representing the interests of Telefónica, and I hope to bring them some really great results!"

Telefonica will presumably occupy some livery space on the Jones car, and will adorn Torrente's racing overalls for next year.

In short, Torrente will be a pay-driver for the rest of his F1RWRS career. Unless that 50-point rule comes in.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Ataxia wrote:
Autosport wrote:Torrente to bring Telefonica cash

Having won the F2RWRS championship, Spanish telecoms giant Telefónica will start to back Diego Álvarez Torrente's F1RWRS endeavours, ensuring that the Spaniard has a thriving racing career and to increase their brand awareness. Torrente moves to Jones next season, and the team will receive a financial boost from the deal.

"I'm so happy to have such a big company coming for the ride with me" said Torrente. "I will be representing the interests of Telefónica, and I hope to bring them some really great results!"

Telefonica will presumably occupy some livery space on the Jones car, and will adorn Torrente's racing overalls for next year.

In short, Torrente will be a pay-driver for the rest of his F1RWRS career. Unless that 50-point rule comes in.

:shock:

Well that was unexpected! Will be pretty straightforward to incorporate some Telefonica logos into the livery though, and those credits will come in useful!

Doesn't change my stance on the 50 point rule though.

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I thought he was already a pay-driver :?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Who can remember when I wrote this article almost a year ago, and then this one more recently? Well, read on. ;)

Autocar wrote:EXCLUSIVE! New Manufacturer Reveals Production Car Plans

Atlas Cars, a new British venture founded in a joint partnership between manufacturing magnate David Marshall, and Jones Racing Group owner Sammy Jones, has announced plans to produce cars manufactured in a state-of-the-art facility in Coventry, England.

Having been a closely guarded secret for almost a year, Atlas Cars is the result of months of feasibility studies and preparations by Jones and Marshall, who will assume the role of CEO of Atlas Cars. The company sits within the ownership of Jones Racing Group under the Jones Engineering umbrella which also contains Jones' motorsport chassis manufacturing activities. Jones Racing International, the motorsport competition side of the Group, remains a separate entity.

Atlas has plans to manufacture two cars initially, a mid-range family hatchback named the "Compact" and a sports coupe, titled the "Vixen". Both will lean heavily on partner Ford's existing technology, with the Compact utilising the global B-car platform and the Vixen drawing much of its inspiration from the Mustang. This is necessary in order for the new company to establish itself in the market said Marshall, stating that otherwise the brand would be damaged by wary buyers and the threat of poor build quality and unreliability.

Jones declared himself delighted with Atlas' plans and the strengthening of his organisation's partnership with Ford which extends across numerous motorsport categories and now into road car production, research and development. The Banbury-based firm enjoyed it's most successful season to date in the premier F1RWRS championship with Australian Rhys Davies winning the Drivers' Championship for the team. Jones confirmed that Atlas branding would feature on the team's forthcoming 2017 challenger, the 109, as well as it's other motorsport outfits.

Meanwhile in other news...it's coming!

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Series owners:

I would like to withdraw my teams from all 2017 series I am involved in, thanks.
Trump 2016
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Autosport wrote:Grove reaches for the stars

Australian Matt Grove will join Nebula Grand Prix's F3RWRS team for 2017, it has been confirmed.

The French outfit made the decision to keep their team in the bottom RWRS series over the off-season, and former F1RDS driver Grove has become their first signing. He won for the Crusaders team en route to 11th in the championship last season.

Nebula are still looking at second drivers for their 2017 challenge, and it appears that Junior Bannock, Patrick Feldhoffer and Julia Schilling are some of the names that are being looked over.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Ataxia wrote:
ign.com wrote:Reject Racing? Reject Game.

Having failed to get the Reject World Race Series license, Cheapchips Studios has persevered with Reject Racing, an F1RWRS-based game containing all 20 teams who competed in the 2016 season. When we say "containing", we mean "providing facsimilies of, since the studio refused to fork out on the license". The names for teams and drivers are almost comically bad, the run down of which we will provide later on.

It's not just the licensing where the game falls flat. The game physics are poor, and AI cars often accelerate at ridiculous rates which ensures that taking the fight to them is incredibly difficult on a power circuit. As soon as the cars navigate the...erm, "Milan" circuit (for all intents and purposes, Monza), the AI cars take off without a hitch, leaving you either lagging behind the pack or missing a rear wing, since the car on the grid behind you speared into your rear with the speed of an Exocet missile. Ahem.

The only good thing about the game is the menu screens and the background music. The game actually seems semi-polished in that respect; the menus are accessible and tidy, as electronic musicians like Aphex Twin and Autechre provide the backdrop. Once the "single race" button is clicked though, that's it. You could look past the licensing if the racing was good; for example, the Pro Evolution Soccer more than makes up for the generic team names with its gameplay. However, Reject Racing is nothing more than a bargain bin filler, and as its name suggests, the racing is very...rejectful indeed.

To conclude, here's how the F1RWRS entry list looks with the "Reject Racing" naming. It's almost worth buying the game alone for these.

Vegan Merlin Racing Team
1. Marcus Dagenham
2. Jean-Jacques Schindler

Crystal Johnson Frog Team
3. Ralph Daniels
4. Fillippo Mascarpone

Scarecrow Racing Engineering
5. Philippa Bloke
6. Kristian Lenz

Giles Belgium National Team
7. Timmy Belloc
8. Andreu Bowl

Wolfenden Auto Racing Team
9. Mick McChip
10. Bob Foot

Dart-Amaretto Sport
11. Murdoc Bonkovic
12. Pierre Knickers

Komodo Motors
13. Nicky McCrane
14. Tong Kawasaki

Something Daejong
15. Davide Meringue
16. Jessop Daniels

Boredom Engineering
17. Antonio Bacardi
18. Juho Clickynun

Addition Crane Racing
19. Dietrich Hamburger
20. Bingo Matron

Pocketsquare Racing
21. Milan Reichtangle
22. Ashton Worthington

Maurice Hilton Racing Team
23. Frog Zipper
24. DeShawn Bloke

Penile Fracture Crisp Motorsport
25. Derek van Rerekk
26. Bertram Krinklestein

Italy Airforce Team
27. Nathan Spatchcock
28. Rob Moggonet

Roundabout Engineering
29. Shiitake Hellokiti
30. Haystack Shinobi

Mercury Grand Prix
31. Reggie Jeminems
32. Neil Sloth

Hockey Griffin Motorsports
33. Mitchell Clegg
34. Ding Weifei

AutoMechanics Racing
35. Jean-Claude Appetiser
36. Neville Silver

Lukewarm Dolphin Racing
37. Andrey Volauvent
38. Keenan Breads

Almost Gollum Air
39. Javier Pizzetta
40. Hondake Shogun

That being said, I made the BATracer names for the "Reject GP 2016" carset:
MRT (Melrose) - Mellie
Jones - John's
Aeroracing - Aerial
Gillet - Gill
Foxdale - Dogdale
ArrowTech - Dartech
Kamaha - Kamehameha
Boxtel - Squarecom
Kingfisher - Queenshark
Prospec - Productivity
HRT (Holden) - Golden
IBR (Alitalia) - Italics
Revolution - Revolver
Mecha - Robots
Simpson - Samson
Autodynamics - Aerodynamics
Dofasco - Doppler
Gauthier - Gallagher

:lol:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

SportsCenter wrote:Best In The World™ Enters RejectTrucks Super Series

Today, Kay Lon announced in a statement on German video site myvideo.de that his famous Best In The World™ brand will open a small branch in Ohio, Cleveland, to establish a two-car outfit for the RTSS. Lon made no statement on which cars the team will use, but according to inside sources, the brand has approached Holden to allow for a possible cooperation with Aeroracing, Lon's current RWS1 team.

It was confirmed that the team has picked up the contract of Anton Bosevic, who was left stranded after Hasselhoff Motorsport confirmed their inability to take part in the 2017 motorsport season. He will be joined by Phoenix Frisch. The former Adirondack Flames player and 175th pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, who suffered a career-ending ACL injury during the 2014-15 AHL season has recently declared to wish to start a motorsport career.

After finishing 28th on his racing debut at the Aguascalientes 240, he officially becomes part of the Best In The World™ young driver program (which will be renamed Best In The World™ Support Group for 2017) as part of a merchanidising and promotion deal with the Calgary Flames. Regarding Frisch's chances of success, Lon said that this is a "long-term investment", announcing that Frisch is a crucial part of BITW's North American business strategy.

Pointrox, for you and our deal regarding Bosevic, this means little. I am just changing my team name and giving it an in-character story.
Last edited by Klon on 01 Jul 2014, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Sorry for the double post, but I figured this might be kinda big news and all...

www.sportschau.de wrote:Hockenheimring Bankrupt

According to sources, the company running the world-famous Hockenheimring has filed for insolvency. This may very well conclude the tragic downfall of a historic track. Hockenheim was long home to the Formula One German Grand Prix, having held 36 German Grands Prix in its history.

However, things went awry when Frank Zimmer signed a four-year deal with the track's owners in 2010 that made Hockenheim host of the Rejects World Series 1, holding the very first race of the famous F1 breakaway series. In response, the FIA emphatically blacklisted the Hockenheimring, being much stricter than with other tracks having hosted RWS1 (e.g. Shanghai or Akritori Bay) and associated racing events. After the F1RWRS Commission under Daniel Prieto used an early-termination option in 2013 to end their deal with the Hockenheimring in favour of the Norisring, no Reject Council-associated events have taken place at the German track.

After seemingly manage to survive on private track days, the season finale of the Internationale Deutsche Motorradmeisterschaft and the Rock'n'Heim festival, the track may now finally meet its end. The search for an investor has proven fruitless due to the FIA's restrictions and the Reject Council's and AutoRejects' lack of interest in racing at Hockenheim.
dr-baker

Re: Forum's 3rd Birthday

Post by dr-baker »

Rejects World Series 1? Never heard of it, especially not in 2010! I know there was a recent effort to rename the Formula 1 Rejects World Race Series (F1RWRS) recently, but there was definitely no RWS1 in 2010!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA