2017 RWRS Universe Silly Season Thread

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

2017 RWRS Universe Silly Season Thread

Post by pasta_maldonado »

The number one place for any rumours, news, or anything related to the 2017 seasons of RWRS canon series. This is stuff related to the following seasons, for those who are new, have forgotten, or simply haven't kept track of the latest canon additions :P

2017 Formula 1 Rejects World Race Series season
2017 Formula 2 Rejects World Race Series season
2017 Formula 3 Rejects World Race Series season
2017 Formula One Rejects Development Series season
2017 International Formula Reject Challenge season
2017 Formula One Rejects Indy Championship season
2017 Siemens Ausdauer Reject Series season
2017 GTR World Championship season
2017 Rejects Touring Car Championship season
2017 Lupo GTI Championship season
2017 Rejects Rallycross Series season
2016-17 Formula One Rejects Super Toruing Cup season
2016-2017 Street Racing League season

So for any news, rumours, or downright scandalous statements regarding the above seasons then this is the place!
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Re: 2017 RWRS Universe Silly Season Thread

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Crikey, what is this, real life?! 2016 hasn't even started yet! Hold your horses!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Isn't this a bit too early to make the thread?
Trump 2016
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Well, with 2016 due to start soon, I figured we'd need a new thread sooner rather than later.... it's here in case anyone needs it. :)
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

F1RWRS deprivation, anyone? :P
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:F1RWRS deprivation, anyone? :P

Yeah
Officially Retired
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Oh i can tell something about 2017 already

F2RWRS - RonDen Racing Engineering: assuming that both Wouter Lamberigts and Bastiaan Van Nieuwenhuizen will have done enough to get promoted to some F1RWRS team, two seats become free. The most logic option would be Dorien Lamberigts, if she managed to perform 'acceptable' in IFRC. The other is likely to get filled by either Jerry De Boer or Jamerson Da Cunha, the current Octan F3RWRS drivers.
F3RWRS - Octan Young Drivers: The best of the two drivers will get promoted, the other one will get an extra season. The second seat will go to the best F1RDS driver (Chuck Barett or Terenzio Nicchi)
F1RDS - Octan Young Drivers: Only the best driver will get promoted. However, if Nicchi continues to be rejectful, he will not be retained, but will be given the opportunity to go to IFRC instead, because Octan promised to continue the support of every signed driver. That means if they turn out to be rubbish, IFRC will give them a second chance. In that case, 2 seats in F1RDS will open up again, for two debuting drivers.
IFRC - Grands Traveaux Inutiles: at least one spot will open up, but perhaps a second one.
All other championships (GT, Touring cars, etc.) are yet to be decided, as there is no specific career plan for the drivers i use there.

That is of course, under the contition that the owners of these drivers agree on staying with the Octan Young Driver support programme. Octan offers continued support, but drivers careers are at the mercy of the questionable management skills of Dennis Mignolet. Also remember that every driver can be replaced at random moments by Justin Case, for no apparent reason.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

La Gazzetta Dello Sport wrote:IFRC: Last throw of the dice at Lavezzi IBR

Lavezzi IBR have issued an ultimatum to their IFRC drivers this year; win the title or lose your seat.

It seems the Italian squad has no desire to retain either driver beyond the end of 2016, and will bring in two new faces regardless of what happens this season. The reasons for this are different based on the driver in question though - Spencer is warming himself up for stepping back into the F1RWRS maingame after failing to secure a race seat anywhere for this year after a dreadful 2015. Bizzari meanwhile has had one season in F2RWRS and one season in IFRC already to prove himself and has emphatically failed to do so - being crushed last season by team-mate Marcel-Agyemang Badu, who marched to the title at the first time of asking and only one year of single-seatere experience prior.

The pressure is on Spencer to take a second title in a row for IBR, with the #1 brandishing the nosecone of his Lola-Lancia. For this reason, he is expected to move back to F1RWRS at the end of the year, however, Bizzarri will either have to convince an F1RWRS team of his merit, or likely leave single seaters forever.

With this situation in mind, Lavezzi IBR have decided to seize the initiative in the driver market and are already scouting for replacements. From those not currently in the Alitalia Juniores Squadra, they are looking to Miguel Silva from F1RDS and Victoria Desai in F3RWRS. However, given that IBR are likely to remain with the maximum amount of DECs of 5, there are suggestions they will route all their young talents through IFRC from now on to circumnavigate the driver limit. This would put AJS F1RDS drivers Nino Barlini and Mineiro in pole position to secure the seats for next year.

OOC: I realised the 'driver quota' doesn't really have a proper term for it. So I just stole and reworked one from V8 Supercars instead. I came up with DEC, short for Driver Entitlement Contract.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Autosport wrote:Lappalainen on final chance

Jari Lappalainen has to prove himself in 2016 or find himself cast out of the Astro Racing Stars management group, says team co-owner Jacques Couteau. The Finn was touted as one of the brightest talents to watch, but an indifferent season in the inaugural F1RDS in 2015 means that Astro chose to keep him within the RDS for another year, this time with Manchester-based squad Definitely Maybe Racing.

"Jari is a very quick driver" says Frenchman Couteau. "However, he just didn't apply himself enough in the series last year, and I think he knows that. When DMR wanted Jerry (De Boer) for another year, we'd just taken over his contract. It made sense to put Jerry in F3 and keep Jari in the series for another year with a team who knows how to win."

"However, now he's got a team who can possibly challenge for the title he's got to acquit himself. Otherwise, he might have to find himself some new employers if he has another season like the last. It's encouraging at the moment, as he did a pretty good job at Laguna Seca."

You can watch the final round of the F1RDS Winter Cup at Long Beach on RMC5, or on Eurosport.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

L'Equipe wrote:Alstom at the end of the line?

Rumours are spreading that long time sponsors of the Voeckler family, Alstom, are on the verge of terminating their long-term sponsorship contract with all their motorsport affiliates at the end of 2016, citing the crippling loss of market share to rivals Siemens Mobility and the resulting increase in yearly financial losses.

The transport conglomerate has backed several Voeckler projects over the past three decades, starting off as a personal sponsor of former F1 driver Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler, followed by larger title sponsorships in F1RGP2C, Prost GP, and currently the F1RWRS with the newly founded Equipe Gauthier.

The termination of Alstom's contracts with all its affiliates would leave several outfits in the lurch however - not only are Alstom the primary sponsor for Equipe Gauthier's F1RWRS team, they also have substantial backing from the French giant in IFRC, along with fellow IFRC outfit Acura who also have them as a primary sponsor.

The Voeckler family may instead give more exposure to their telecoms business V-Tél, which recently became part-owned by Italian rivals Telecom Italia, to plug the gap in finances for 2017 onwards.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Aww, I'm gonna miss the Alstom Equipe Gauthier liveries... even if they still haven't really been unveiled yet.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Aww, I'm gonna miss the Alstom Equipe Gauthier liveries... even if they still haven't really been unveiled yet.

Well, they shouldn't need to change too much, as the new sponsor will also be primarily blue and white... ;)

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Stramala wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:Aww, I'm gonna miss the Alstom Equipe Gauthier liveries... even if they still haven't really been unveiled yet.

Well, they shouldn't need to change too much, as the new sponsor will also be primarily blue and white... ;)

Dammit. This means redesigning the Acura Liveries! Shouldn't be too much trouble though :P
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Stramala wrote:

Dammit. This means redesigning the Acura Liveries! Shouldn't be too much trouble though :P

For 2017. I gave you a whole season's warning. That seems fair to me! :D

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I just found out that Alstom is a company about power and transport and not mobile stuff. :? :?:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:I just found out that Alstom is a company about power and transport and not mobile stuff. :? :?:
Stramala wrote:The transport conglomerate

... :|
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
FMecha wrote:I just found out that Alstom is a company about power and transport and not mobile stuff. :? :?:
Stramala wrote:The transport conglomerate

... :|

Sorry, I misread his post and I fail to pay attention. :oops:
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

GQ Magazine wrote:Hair Care Gets Racier!

Dishy French racing mogul Jacques Couteau has brought out a brand new shampoo, Couteau Première, in the process showing that he's squeaky clean when it comes to business. Couteau, who owns an impressive mane of hair himself is using his racing operations for some free advertising, and will be starring in a set of commercials featuring fellow Frenchmen David Ginola and Charles Pic. Couteau does not intend this to be his only brush with the haircare market, as he will expand his operations to other styling products.

To paraphrase a small discussion in the RDS thread, the RWRS needs more "series-specific" products. This will be one of them, and it'll go on the IFRC car shortly.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

I hope to have a team going full-time in 2017, possibly maybe a mid season entrant in 2016 if I can. Beware, people!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

go_Rubens wrote:I hope to have a team going full-time in 2017, possibly maybe a mid season entrant in 2016 if I can. Beware, people!

Hmmm. good luck with that. Have you seen the waiting lists? :lol:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

dr-baker wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:I hope to have a team going full-time in 2017, possibly maybe a mid season entrant in 2016 if I can. Beware, people!

Yeah, your best chance of getting in anywhere for 2017 is creating a few drivers and hope they get signed! :P
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

dr-baker wrote:

I'm gonna guess he hasn't, so I'll give him a quick lowdown on the single seater categories...

F1RWRS: It'll be the real 2017 before you might get a space...
F2RWRS: This is also rather long.
F3RWRS: Not actually accepting any potential new entries in order to trim the grid.
IFRC: Again, rather long.
F1RDS: Not particularly long at the moment.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Ataxia wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

I'm gonna guess he hasn't, so I'll give him a quick lowdown on the single seater categories...

F3RWRS: Not actually accepting any potential new entries in order to trim the grid.

How could I sign up for the RDS? I've got a young Finnish talent in my hands and I'm desperate to make him a future champion!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

go_Rubens wrote:
Ataxia wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Hmmm. good luck with that. Have you seen the waiting lists? :lol:

How could I sign up for the RDS? I've got a young Finnish talent in my hands and I'm desperate to make him a future champion!

Currently, all the team slots are full (except Kingfisher, but I'm anticipating either Kuznevic or Riva will get the seat).

However, as long as the driver is between 16-20 and has never raced on in another RWRS competition, I can add a note of his intent to join.

If you want a team, then you can go on the list...this might give you the incentive to "sit in" on this whole section on the forum and slowly learn the workings of it.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Ataxia wrote:Currently, all the team slots are full (except Kingfisher, but I'm anticipating either Kuznevic or Riva will get the seat).

However, as long as the driver is between 16-20 and has never raced on in another RWRS competition, I can add a note of his intent to join.

If you want a team, then you can go on the list...this might give you the incentive to "sit in" on this whole section on the forum and slowly learn the workings of it.

This is more important than you think. RWRS started as one simple championship that's blossomed into the craziness we have now, with the canon and all that. Things WILL be confusing if you dive in head first without taking a bit to sit back, relax, and understand the whole universe really. I admit I was kinda guilty of jumping in straight away without knowing how things worked that way, and as a result probably annoyed the understanding ones :P

Also, if you know what's going, you're less likely to attract controversy by making a rookie error or something :lol:
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Currently, all the team slots are full (except Kingfisher, but I'm anticipating either Kuznevic or Riva will get the seat).

This is more important than you think. RWRS started as one simple championship that's blossomed into the craziness we have now, with the canon and all that. Things WILL be confusing if you dive in head first without taking a bit to sit back, relax, and understand the whole universe really. I admit I was kinda guilty of jumping in straight away without knowing how things worked that way, and as a result probably annoyed the understanding ones :P

Also, if you know what's going, you're less likely to attract controversy by making a rookie error or something :lol:

Thanks for the advice, guys. I really appreciate it!
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

CZi Capital website wrote:CZi Capital to invest in multiple racing teams

Corporate Zeta International Capital, Inc. (CZi Capital, Inc), a capital holding company based in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, today announced it have struck a deal to invest in the following groups involved in motor racing:

• Mecha Grand Prix Engineering, of Tangerang, Indonesia, racing in F1RWRS, F1RDS, F1RRC, Lupo GTI Series
  • Takagi Racing Enterprises, of Fukoka, Japan, racing in IFRC
  • Aurico Autosport, of Seattle, United States, racing in F3RWRS and GTR-WC
  • Alpha Auto Racing, of Brimingham, United Kingdom, racing in RTCC
  • Project AM2 Motorsport, of Florida, United States, racing in the upcoming Rejectrucks Super Series
  • Samurai Rocket Racing, of Shizuoka, Japan, racing in Siemens Ausdauer Racing Series

[publicocrap removed]

OOC: What I do is, simply put, put all of my current RWRS teams into one roof, just like what others do recently, and to prevent overcomplicating things further. CZi Capital itself has also started a young driver academy in process. :)
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

I've just saw the actual waiting lists. Damn, I may need to wait two years. Maybe 2018?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

go_Rubens wrote:I've just saw the actual waiting lists. Damn, I may need to wait two years. Maybe 2018?

The canon series set in 2016 have quite full waiting lists. I would recommend you to start with some historical canon series, like LifeGP.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

pi314159 wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:I've just saw the actual waiting lists. Damn, I may need to wait two years. Maybe 2018?

The canon series set in 2016 have quite full waiting lists. I would recommend you to start with some historical canon series, like LifeGP.

Except LGPS is not accepting new entries until the 1993 season. The hassle involved with creating new teams would hinder the progress of the current season.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Nuppiz wrote:
pi314159 wrote:

Except LGPS is not accepting new entries until the 1993 season. The hassle involved with creating new teams would hinder the progress of the current season.

I'll give LGPS a go next year. Just tell me when to confirm entries, because I almost never keep track of this series since I'm not a part of it.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Can someone from ArrowTech confirm or deny the rumours that the team will be merged with Reynard to form Reynard-ArrowTech Motorsport from 2017 onwards?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pi314159 wrote:

Alternatively, the F1WRCR doesn't have an entry limit, so you could enter whenever you wanted ;) Although you'd have to wait for the 1953 season, since the entry list for the Australian GP is closed.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Autosport wrote:Silly silly season rumours for 2017

With 2016 not even underway, there are already rumours for 2017 withg a dash of what will happen in 2016....

MRT
Mark Dagnall after a disappoing season moves to Jones Racing where he hopes to do what his father did not in the Jones car.
Kay Lon after stuggling the whole season with only a few podiums to his name is forced to join Tropico.

Jones
Rhys Davies not wanting to partner Dagnall joins the improved Kamaha team alongside Tomo Kazama
Rosco Vantini after a championship winning season swaps seats with Mark Dagnall.

Aeroracing
Pippa Mann retires after a poor season
Nicolas Steele is fired for losing two podiums and are replaced with young talenets Jordan Davies and Marie Simon.

Gillet ENB
Another lackluster season but no changes at the Belgium team.

Foxdale
A few podiums mean no changes for 2017

ArrowTech
Mirko Bosevic retires after a reasonable season to be replaced with a huge talent from F3RWRS in the form of Roberto Dinella.
Phillippe Nicolas shows he was always talented by winning and being signed for another season.

Kamaha
Nathan McKane sets a new record for poles in a season but can not translate this to race wins and is replaced with Rhys Davies
Tomo Kazama scores three wins for Kamaha and is given a contract extention until 2020.

Sunshine
After dropping further and being in the Prequalifying battle for 2017, Sunshine make big changes.
James Davies and Daniel Martins are both sacked.
Sunshine sign test driver and F2RWRS runner up Yuka Katayama. Pippa Mann decides she still wants to race and signs up with Sunshine to create the first all female driver line up in F1RWRS.

Boxtel
After a good 2015, 2016 sees Boxtel slide back into the bottom of the PQ pack.
Andrea Battani after a number of 7ths and 8ths is kept
Jari Kekkonen is fired and replaced with James Davies

Kingfisher
David Neuberg wins a race and is snapped up by MRT and is replaced by F3RWRS driver Hwok Kwol-Cho
Barii Mori wins his first race and signs for another season.

Prospec
Still unimpressive but keep same driver line up for 2017

Holden
Frank Zimmer stays for 2017 after scoring a few points
Douglas Mann retires gracefully and is replaced by Daniel Melville

Tropico
Danny van Rijkens scores several podiums putting Tropico in the Top ten and out of PQ, is made Vice President of Tropico
Renaldo Jiménez and Alberto Cara fail to score points and are "fired" in front of a firing squad, Kay Lon is drafted in as a number 2 driver.

Alitalia
David Koczo fails to qualify for many races and is replaced by ex champion Nathanael Spencer
Ron Mignolet starts well but fades off and is replaced by Andrej Kremnicky for 2017

Revolution
Hagane Shuzuka shows some old magic by scoring points
Shinobu Katayama leads a race and is resigned for 2017

Mecha
Do nothing all season, Nathan Scott is replaced by Hendra Naufal
Steven Mackintosh in qualifying for a race is resigned for 2017

Simpson
Season of woe, but Du Lei is resigned but Luc Pellerin replaces Michael Cameron

Autodynamics
After another season of woe and DNPQs, Autodynamics call it a day.

Dofasco
32 DNPQs mean that Dofasco run out of money and leave F1RWRS

Alstom Equipe Gauthier
Jesus Plaza qualifies and finishes a few races and is given a 2 year contract
Hansuke Shioya fails to qualify for any race and is replaced by Benoît Voeckler

In F1RDS the thrid Katayama sibling in Kyoko Katayama at aged 15 is signed up after dominating Japanese karting.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Daniel Melrose wrote:Christ, has anyone read the pile of horseshite that Japanese Autosport put out last night? It was almost as if that egotistical nitwit Barri Mori commissioned it himself. Sounds like he's still sour about yours truly nabbing Daggers Jr from right under his nose.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Daniel Melrose wrote:Christ, has anyone read the pile of horseshite that Japanese Autosport put out last night? It was almost as if that egotistical nitwit Barri Mori commissioned it himself. Sounds like he's still sour about yours truly nabbing Daggers Jr from right under his nose.

Kay Lon wrote:No, that is just Autosport trying to end my career. As they have for the last three years. I must've bathplugged one of their mothers or something like that. Just ignore them and they will go away soon.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:I wonder why Japanese Autosport felt it necessary to print out the full name of my team, but not for any other team...
Everything's great.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Nathan McKane wrote: So I get a record-setting amount of poles, no wins, and get replaced by Rhys? I love Japanese Autosport after I've been featured in it, but really? Kamaha-san has way more faith in me than the tabloids like to think.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Rhys Davies wrote:Someone is clearly off their head if they'd ever think I'd drive for Kamahahahahaha :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Douglas Mann retire gracefully? Pippa Mann ending up at Sunshine when she could return to her own team of Foxdale Auto Racing Team? Rubbish. But Foxdale getting a few podiums? I'll take that.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA