Rejectrucks Super Series Thread -- M'ville/Chardiere Run

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Salamander

Re: Rejectrucks Super Series Thread -- Mexico Run!

Post by Salamander »

RejectSport wrote:Cessler blasts "idiot" Marko
As the Rejectruck field made their final pitstops with only a few laps remaining in the Rejectrucks Grand Prix of Mexico, it looked like the way was clear for 20-year-old Sandra Cessler to take the win. The two-time USAC Midget champion had been very quick throughout the weekend, but it was not to be for the Delaware-native, as she first was beat out of the pits following an inspired pit call for two tyres from Ryan Zimmer. A couple laps later, she was pushed down to third after contact from Jochen Marko, who attempted the same strategy earlier in the race but to less effect.

"We came here with the best truck, started on pole, and finished 3rd, so no, I'm not happy with the way today went," expressed Cessler following the race, "Especially since I think the only mistake I made was not getting off the start as well as Jayleen [Mori]. Not to take anything away from him or Ryan [Zimmer], they drove well today. It's a shame I can't say the same for that idiot Marko, though. How stupid do you have to be to not see a great big truck slowing down on your inside and wind up hitting it!? There was plenty of room between me and Jayleen for him to make it 3-wide, and if he didn't want to do that, fine, that's why he has brakes. Maybe someone should tell him he has those so he doesn't try using my truck for one again."
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

RejectSport wrote:Henri Racing Tech not Impressed with Results

After round 2 of the Rejectrucks Super Series at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, the Henri team were less than impressed with their results so far this year.

Team boss Jean-Phillipe Henri gave the following interview post-race in pit lane with RejectSport:

"Our results have not been on par with our expectations so far this year," the Frenchman reported.

"Arguably, one side of the story states that our poor results have been because of bad luck. Jukka-Pekka had a brilliant run going in Adelaide when he suffered a lot of damage when in contention for the top 5 and the DQ for a pit lane entrance violation. Being rammed in the pits by a TDR driver didn't help either.

"You could also say our poor qualifying results are not helping either. Our qualifying pace has been poor in Adelaide and Mexico City, only getting 17th on both occasions. But we proved in Adelaide that we had a truck that ran very well in race trim and we got up the field quickly. Jukka-Pekka has driven well this season, even without points.

"But even though we know we have a good truck, and we can be proud of that, results wise, we were not happy."

Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpaa had these following statements:

"We are happy that we have a good, if not great truck this year. But we need to work on qualifying and we need to keep out of trouble on track, as our good race in Adelaide was destroyed by a hell of a lot of damage, and a DQ. Quali in Mexico led to our downfall."

Henri will be looking for points come the next 2 races, and if they don't come, they will be hard-pressed to figure out what has gone wrong.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Gerudo Dragon

Re: Rejectrucks Super Series Thread -- Adelaide Run!

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Dark77 wrote:Jayleen Mori will miss round 5,6 and 8 due to his GTR commitments, his replacement for round 8 has already been chosen and will be announced soon, but for 5-6 the seat is open to anyone that wants it. :D

eurobrun wrote:American driver Scott Bellsteiner is interested in the drive

Well, as the seat has been open for 2 months, I guess he'll be our replacement driver ;)
Trump 2016
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Can I make my operation a 2 car or at least a second truck for special races?
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

SeedStriker wrote:Can I make my operation a 2 car or at least a second truck for special races?

Define "special races". 8)
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Cynon wrote:
SeedStriker wrote:Can I make my operation a 2 car or at least a second truck for special races?

At the beggining you said that there would be races that will allow at least 2 more trucks. That's why I asked if I could change to a 2-truck operation, just in case the former was not posible.
Cynon

Rejectrucks Super Series Thread -- Walt Disney World Run!

Post by Cynon »

SeedStriker wrote:
Cynon wrote:

At the beggining you said that there would be races that will allow at least 2 more trucks. That's why I asked if I could change to a 2-truck operation, just in case the former was not posible.

That pretty much means if the track can hold the 26th truck -- which I'm pretty sure all of them can, but no guarantees on that.

Walt Disney World race. Beware length.

Fastest lap: Stephan Generic -- fairly early on, too. That lap he set when I checked early in the race held up.

Results

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
AxelP800

Re: Rejectrucks Super Series Thread -- Walt Disney World Run

Post by AxelP800 »

Great to have my driver set a fastest lap :D

--Edit
He actually got the pole :shock: Shame he didn't win :cry:
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Sasha was doing a great race, but in the last restart, I believe that someone put her into the wall, the truck got way damaged and even with a last effort, she couldn't stay into the points. VRT wants an investigation of the crash, and if it was really someone else fault, some punishment.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sandra Cessler wrote:We had probably the 2nd best truck here today. I dunno if we could've caught Jackie [Gardner] today, but we definately could've put ourselves in a great position in the championship, but that damn lunatic Generic threw his damn truck all over the damn place out there! I mean, towards the end there he killed both our speed with one of his stupid blocks, and that let the 54 past both of us! What the hell kind of logic is that, he might as well have let me by! It's really frustrating, especially when the 2 leaders in the championship had crap days, that we couldn't do the best that we could've, but there's still quite a few races left and I think we can keep plugging away. This 18 team is working really well together, and it's so great to have great trucks every race, and I'm sure we can get those points we lost today back. It's just really tough when you have to race against some idiot whose head is full of rocks, but then again, I could've had to deal with David Bloom, I guess.
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

rwrsupdate.com/RTSS wrote:Plus One's Cutmore cuts loose

After a shady start to the season, Plus One driver Cutmore has decided to call his short career in RejecTrucks quits. The reasons behind this are as of yet unknown, but rwrsupdate.com understand that he had simply lost faith in his abilities as a driver.

The fate of Plus One's second truck remains unknown, however strong rumours from the paddock suggest funding will be cut to the entry.

TL;DR, Cutmore out, I'm working on securing a replacement
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

ESPN wrote:Kankaanpää: We did as well as we could

The Henri Racing Tech team was not in a very good mood after the race at Walt Disney World, but the result was about the best they could do.

"We had a fast truck all weekend and we knew it," Kankaanpää told reporters.

"We had a very good truck in Free Practice, being fastest in Free Practice 2. The qualifying for the grid was very tight, all of the trucks were about a second within the top running pace.

"Unfortunately for me and the team, our qualifying run was about 2 tenths down on Generic, but that put us 21 places down on the front row. We know our qualifying pace isn't the best, and the field was really tight, but we were more than surprised. I knew we had a lot of work to do on race day.

"So the race is on, and the yellow early on gave us another shot, but we couldn't pass anyone. The truck was ill-handling compared to earlier in the weekend. The rest of the race went downhill from there, as we didn't have enough speed compared to Gardner and the other frontrunners. We were very close to getting caught up in many incidents today, notably lap 3 and the last incident, which didn't help the team's confidence level. They were tense on the radio the whole time, wondering what would happen next."

The whole point is, considering the circumstances, we deserved better than this, but we must move on."

Jean-Phillipe Henri is still trying to get his team together, and they will try to rally up some points.

"Our goal now is to score points at the least," Henri said.

"We now need to face the fact that we will have to fight very hard to have any shot at meeting our goals, and the team's self esteem is dropping quickly. This may make our chances harder if they do not perform at their best."

The next Rejectrucks Super Series race will be held at Kawartha Speedway in Canada, where the Henri team is now under severe pressure from Jean-Phillipe and their sponsors.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Probably going to run race 4 sometime this weekend, so make sure all driver changes and the like are in, otherwise the corresponding trucks won't be on the grid for Kawartha.

Ryan Knittefeld was injured during an IFRC event and he'll be out for... well, awhile, so I'll need a replacement driver nominated by the team owner, or the #91 truck won't be on the grid for race 4.

Only 4 drivers have completed 100% of the laps after 3 races -- Dmitry Vitkin, Ernesto Raya, Julius Tsvangirai, and... :shock: David Bloom.

pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

RejectSport wrote:P..p....p.... pick up a Plus One?

Biscuit firm McVitie's were announced as an official sponsor of the Plus One Group today, with their logos scheduled to appear on all +1 cars across the categories. One place where branding will be prominent is the RejecTruck Super Series, where McVitie's brand Penguin chocolate will be displayed prominently on the #3 truck.

This co incides with the signing of British driver Sope Stever for the #3. Sope is the son of Hope Stever, one of a handful of women to attempt to qualify for a Formula One event in the 20th Century.

Download link
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Can I have a spot on the league reserve list (if there is one)?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

eurobrun wrote:Can I have a spot on the league reserve list (if there is one)?

There isn't, but you can kind of... just pop in for a few races if there's pitlane space/you want to do one off appearances...

Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Just a heads-up, but if anyone wants an extra truck/one off truck, use the entry form, and I'll let you know if I let you in. Keep in mind that I will play favorites towards users who do not have a truck in the field yet, and some tracks may not have enough space in the pitlane.

Chicagoland and Spa I know can take a full field of 42, not sure about the rest though.

I will try and run the next race this weekend, little things like classwork and looking for a job have really caught up to me. ;(

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Giovanni Roda
Car Number: #28
Primary Sponsor: Ray-Ban
Associate Sponsors: Lavezzi, Alitalia, EnerG
Nationality: Italian
Manufacturer: Dodge
Team: Il Barone Rampante
Team Location: Parma, Italia
Where is this Driver Racing: GTRWC
Where Else is this Driver Racing: TMMC

IBR will only attempt to enter Roda in circumstances where events don't clash with his GTRWC commitments. When Roda's commitments do clash, we will attempt to enter the same car, but with a different driver, assuming this driver's (sporadic) F1RICS commitments don't clash either.

Darren Older Jr
Car Number: #28
Primary Sponsor: Ask again later (Checking from his owner)
Associate Sponsors: Lavezzi, Alitalia, EnerG
Nationality: British
Manufacturer: Dodge
Team: Il Barone Rampante
Team Location: Parma, Italia
Where is this Driver Racing: F1RICS
Where Else is this Driver Racing: No idea?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Space: the final frontier.
These are the voyages of the starship Delvecchio.
Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilisations;
to boldly go where no truck has gone before.

Link to the video for the RejectCanada 100 from Kawartha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwEDLxUQn-8
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

ROTR to The Weirdish Aliens Infecting NR2003 :lol: I mean, Sope Stever is even more of an enigma, and Delvecchio had just the weirdest crash ever.

Finally my team gets somewhere, even if it's only 11th and the second truck a lap down. So close, what if someone else fell under the shenanigans? I'd be celebrating hard! And Jean-Phillipe, for that matter, although he is notorious for a vodka spree in such cases if we actually got a point.

Besides the point, my loyal driver Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää gave the following interview:

Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää wrote:Gosh, today was a hard day. I'm uh... happy just to finish. And 11th! I mean... Man, so close! Again, we're about 3-4 tenths off pace of the leaders in qualy trim, but that cost us about 17 places. Avoiding trouble was another problem that we had at Walt Disney as being in the back really helps. But all in all, I'm willing to fight at the back, even if it's bad when you're battling with David Bloom, which I don't see why our lead commentator thinks that's so bad. He's already got points when HRT don't! :lol: We'll go into the next race focused knowing we've got our best result to date.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

SS went into space? Oh good, he won't race in RWRS anymore then :)
Trump 2016
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Dark77 wrote:SS went into space? Oh good, he won't race in RWRS anymore then :)

Isn't it a more solidifying gesture as to why he should stay, as it shows he's a very sturdy creature? ;)
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Extra entry for Chicago (maybe other can if Cynon approves)

Driver Name: David Tenpecost
Car Number: 50
Primary Sponsor: Nature's Path (http://www.shescribes.com/wp-content/up ... slide1.jpg)
Associate Sponsors: Grand River Foods (http://www.grocery.com/wp-content/uploa ... 00x225.jpg), Shell
Nationality: American
Manufacturer: Holden
Team: GenTenp Racing
Team Location: Ontario, Canada
Where is this Driver Racing: Currently nowhere else

Livery: Only change the truck number
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sandra Cessler wrote:Aw man, that race was just a total madhouse. I think I can be really happy coming away with 2nd, it's just a shame that that last caution came out - my truck was just awful for the first lap or two after the restart, but once we got going we were absolutely flying. Err... well, maybe not flying like Sope Stever and Delvecchio were... but still I think we can be happy with 2nd.

Manny Geinhart Jr. has indicated, in a flood of expletives, that he will he leaving the series and returning to NASCAR after Chicago unless he manages a decent result.
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Having discovered things in the series he'd rather not see, the Mad Uncle got onto the phone with one Pierre Depault, and the two had a massive argument over whether they should sue Beardy Branson and Henri Racing Technology over alleged breach of contracts concerning the Virgin Group. Rather than have a lawsuit on his hands, Depault decided to wire $2 million to Horizion Motorsport and told the Mad Uncle to basically do whatever the hell he wanted with it, with one goal in mind - make HRT pay. This was the end result:

Benoit Voeckler
Car Number: #23
Primary Sponsor: Alstrom
Associate Sponsors: None
Nationality: French
Manufacturer: SHP
Team: FAR Horizon Motorsport
Team Location: Denver, Colorado
Where is this Driver Racing: Anywhere and everywhere

Andraz Velikonja
Car Number: #32
Primary Sponsor: None
Nationality: Slovenian
Where is this Driver Racing: Nothing at the moment

Giconi Okorie
Car Number: #33
Nationality: Cameroonian

Dougal Kerr
Car Number: #22
Where is this Driver Racing: Nothing

Todd Cockburn
Car Number: #69
Primary Sponsor: Spearmint Rhino
Where is this Driver Racing: Nothing

Lawrence Tucker
Car Number: #37
Primary Sponsor: IBM

George Liquor
Car Number: #47

Wojciech Cielsar
Car Number: #34
Nationality: Polish

Jan Maylander
Car Number: #43
Nationality: German
Where is this Driver Racing: F3RWRS

Toru Fukui
Car Number: #77
Nationality: Japanese

Nico Kochberg
Car Number: #73
Nationality: German

Ryota Wong
Car Number: #74
Nationality: Japanese

Gordon Martin
Car Number: #66

Oscar Duck III
Car Number: #96
Primary Sponsor: Cardiff City F.C.
Associate Sponsors: Aldi
Where is this Driver Racing: Sprint, midgets and most other stuff that isn't in the canon

All trucks will be entered for Chicago only. Where age is unknown, we'll either find the real age of these drivers, or we'll just make some numbers up to make ends meet.
Last edited by TomWazzleshaw on 24 Dec 2013, 10:54, edited 3 times in total.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Contrary to previous beliefs, Geoff Donnelly is indeed able to contest Chicago round, and any other event allowing one-off entries

Geoff Donnelly
Car Number: #71
Primary Sponsor: Greggs
Associate Sponsors: Exide, Castrol
Team: Al Smith Racing Enterprises
Team Location: Birmingham, UK
Where is this Driver Racing: Nowhere currently, just finished subbing for Matt Brinson in the IFRC, his first racing experience in 8 years.
Everything's great.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Leaving aside Stever and Delvecchio's attempt to reignite the US space program, VRT is way too upset with Holden for the engine failure that Sasha suffer after only a couple of laps. She did a fantastic job in qualy, and it's not fair that a damaged unit throw that effort out of the window
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Part of me wants to do a joke race at a track in space just because of all the shenanigans at Kawartha...

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Cynon wrote:Part of me wants to do a joke race at a track in space just because of all the shenanigans at Kawartha...

I'd be in favour of that... because why the hell not? :D :P
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Cynon wrote:Part of me wants to do a joke race at a track in space just because of all the shenanigans at Kawartha...

Do Delvecchio and Soper get a home race bonus for this round? :P
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

I am in fact very interested in this. Let's defy the works of the physics of the universe! :P
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

go_Rubens

Re: Rejectrucks Super Series Thread -- Kawartha Run!

Post by go_Rubens »

I'll enter a one-off truck for Chicago:

Clément Grandmaison

Car Number: #84
Primary Sponsor: EDF
Assosiate Sponsors: Carrefour, Buoygues Télécom, Vivendi
Nationality: French
Manufacturer: Ford
Team: Henri Racing Technologies
Team Location: United States
Where is this driver racing: F1RSTC 2016-2017, Porsche Reject Cup (Fall 2016)
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Cynon

Post by Cynon »

I posted most of the one-off entries, including half of Wizzie's army of trash and despair. :D

I'll get to painting all of them as soon as I can...

I also apparently neglected to upload the points after Kawartha, so here they are.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Cynon wrote:including half of Wizzie's army of trash and despair. :D

That was a result of my team's own actions. I think my team is the dirtier one here :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

go_Rubens wrote:

That was a result of my team's own actions. I think my team is the dirtier one here :lol:

The armada of fail coming to get you, man :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Wizzie wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:

The armada of fail coming to get you, man :P

And may you succeed, Mad Uncle. My Fords are quite hopeless really :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Tomo Kazama is interested in taking part in (a possible) RTSS Spa race and is looking for a team willing to run her.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Klon wrote:Tomo Kazama is interested in taking part in (a possible) RTSS Spa race and is looking for a team willing to run her.

DRT are interested in running Kazama in the 17 truck at the round in Spa, since Manny Geinhart Jr will be leaving the team and returning to NASCAR following Chicago.
Everything's great.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

go_Rubens wrote:And may you succeed, Mad Uncle. My Fords are quite hopeless really :lol:

I think anyone who is getting beaten by David Bloom can be legitimately classified as hopeless. :lol:

I'll try and run Chicago this weekend, and seeing as I'll be using the default one, the aliens that visited us at Kawartha should be leaving us alone. :D

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Cynon wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:And may you succeed, Mad Uncle. My Fords are quite hopeless really :lol:

I think anyone who is getting beaten by David Bloom can be legitimately classified as hopeless. :lol:

Well, I know we did well in testing at Chicago. I believe we can do just as fine there as we did in testing.

However, the rest of the season? Jukka-Pekka is just wasting his time :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool