Women in motorsport

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
dr-baker

Women in motorsport

Post by dr-baker »

Inevitable that I should begin this thread sometime eh? I was wondering whether to stick this in the JDD forum or this one, but I decided this was best?

Anyway, rather than just open a thread at random, to explain. I recently obtained an Autosport from April 1992 (while Giovanna Amati was a current F1 driver) and it had two articles of interest to me in there. The first is posted in the Giovanna Amati thread here, and the second is here below.

The article's bye-line asks whether Amati's performance in 1992 will affect other women's chances of reaching the top in motorsport. With 21+ years of hindsight, and with Susie Stoddart on the edge of F1, and a few women on their way up (Alice Powell, Beitske Visser), what do you think the answer is? After all, since the article, there have been no more females in F1 GPs, yet IndyCar have had Danicamania, Simona de Silvestro, Pippa Mann, Katherine Legge, Milka Duno, Sarah Fisher,...

(I also have this article as a PDF if that makes it easier to read...)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
SeedStriker

Re: Women in motorsport

Post by SeedStriker »

The cold fact is that you're successful or not. It doesn't have anything to do with the gender. Just like any male driver, if a female have the success and the capital, she can compete in any form of motorsport. Danicamania showed that a woman can compete in equal grounds with the big guns without having to resort to being "a female in a man-dominated sport". What happened to Giovanna Amati, even with her not paying the bills was that Brabham was an agonizing team. Hell, not even a certain Damon Hill could qualify that junk, so it was unfair to use the Italian as a benchmark for future female drivers without having time to adapt to the car. She didn't even have the time to test it before the 1992 Kyalami weekend.
As for Susie Stoddart-Wolf, quite honestly, her DTM career is just mediocre, and she don't have anything special to be in the pinnacle of motorsports that is F1. Simona de Silvestro or Catherine Legge at least have the single-seaters experience to try to be in F1, but Stoddart-Wolf only have the "Wolf" in her middle name to be on the sport.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

SeedStriker wrote:The cold fact is that you're successful or not. It doesn't have anything to do with the gender. Just like any male driver, if a female have the success and the capital, she can compete in any form of motorsport. Danicamania showed that a woman can compete in equal grounds with the big guns without having to resort to being "a female in a man-dominated sport". What happened to Giovanna Amati, even with her not paying the bills was that Brabham was an agonizing team. Hell, not even a certain Damon Hill could qualify that junk, so it was unfair to use the Italian as a benchmark for future female drivers without having time to adapt to the car. She didn't even have the time to test it before the 1992 Kyalami weekend.
As for Susie Stoddart-Wolf, quite honestly, her DTM career is just mediocre, and she don't have anything special to be in the pinnacle of motorsports that is F1. Simona de Silvestro or Catherine Legge at least have the single-seaters experience to try to be in F1, but Stoddart-Wolf only have the "Wolf" in her middle name to be on the sport.

-*:-
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

SeedStriker wrote:but Stoddart-Wolf only have the "Wolf" in her middle name to be on the sport.

One 'f' (Wolff) short of a perfect comment..
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

SeedStriker wrote:The cold fact is that you're successful or not. It doesn't have anything to do with the gender. Just like any male driver, if a female have the success and the capital, she can compete in any form of motorsport. Danicamania showed that a woman can compete in equal grounds with the big guns without having to resort to being "a female in a man-dominated sport". What happened to Giovanna Amati, even with her not paying the bills was that Brabham was an agonizing team. Hell, not even a certain Damon Hill could qualify that junk, so it was unfair to use the Italian as a benchmark for future female drivers without having time to adapt to the car. She didn't even have the time to test it before the 1992 Kyalami weekend.

In fact, it's probably safe to say Danica Patrick and Johanna Long would be better than Susie Stoddart-Wolff given the same mediocre performance from Long in certainly inferior equipment in the lower levels of NASCAR and Danica's IndyCar career. Of course, I doubt any of them could get a superlicense given the points rules for IndyCar by the FIA and that NASCAR is a rogue operation not attached to the FIA at all.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Britain and Hungary? But yes, it did take quite a few races before Damon was able to drag that car onto the grid (5 DNQs before Britain).

But my question is this: there have been a few women who have proved to have a bit of success Stateside, but no woman has had a chance since Giovanna Amati. Are there just more opportunities in the States, or have there just not been women who have been good enough in Europe?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

dr-baker wrote:But my question is this: there have been a few women who have proved to have a bit of success Stateside, but no woman has had a chance since Giovanna Amati. Are there just more opportunities in the States, or have there just not been women who have been good enough in Europe?

Here's what I thought about the current crop of Women in Motorsport back in June

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Lets analyse some of the well known female drivers because i don't know about this Dutch Female that is rated quite highly by most of you

Simona de Silvestro: Probably the best female in Motorsport at the moment. De Silvestro was a former champion in one of the lower American Motorsport drivers so she's due a podium finish in Indycars at some point. The opening round of 2011 is one of her best races as she came 4th and set the fastest lap. Although that year went downhill after that she has picked up considerably since then with some strong finishes this year.

Danica Patrick: Don't really need to say anything do I. Danicamania has swept the board in NASCAR but she really is overrated with only a few good drives in Indycar to show for her hype. Her bad personality doesn't help either.

Alice Powell: Back to my better Territory Alice Powell should really be the next big woman in Formula 1. As Will Buxton said in Monaco last year she is not here just to make up the numbers. She was a former champion in British Motorsport and was massively unlucky not to get a podium in Formula Renault UK in 2011. She scored a point in GP3 last year and that can only be a step forwards. Now somebody give her some cash so she can do it again.

Vicky Piria: Also in GP3 last year she wasn't as quick as Powell but she wasn't as bad as the next female listed here. A heavy crash at Hockenheim last year knocked the wind out of her sails and she hasn't been heard from since

Carmen Jorda: Quite Frankly how she has managed to stay in GP3 while Powell and Piria have been shafted is a mystery science has been unable to explain. DNQ'ed at Silverstone and is currently showing no signs of progress other than being a very slow pay-driver.

Susie Wolff: The bare stats alone explain why Wolff is being criticized for her attempts to be an F1 driver. 7 seasons of DTM yielded a grand total of 4 points and no Podiums. Not only that but her best finish was 7th and her first points didn't come until 2010 in the demolition derby at Valencia. To top it off she is 30 years old which is hardly a spring chicken in anyone's book but hey if racing in F1 is her dream who are we to crush it.

Katherine Legge: Like Wolff Legge was a no-hoper in DTM and decided to head statside in Indycar. Most famous moment was running in the top 3 for a brief moment at this year's Indy 500

Pippa Mann: Another anonymous Indycar racer who also ran in the top 3 briefly at the Indy 500 this year. I don't know much about her though

Milka Duno: Do i have to really say anything? I'll say something anyway because she is the perfect example of someone who needs a driving lesson on how to go faster. Discounting the hopeless Lotus Cars at last years Indy 500 Duno is the only racer in recent times to have been disqualified for being too slow with Autosport describing it in one race "After 31 laps of Ineptitude" Quite frankly a Lawnmower is faster than Milka Duno
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Vicky Piria: Also in GP3 last year she wasn't as quick as Powell but she wasn't as bad as the next female listed here. A heavy crash at Hockenheim last year knocked the wind out of her sails and she hasn't been heard from since

Piria's in European F3 Open nowadays, the same series that Raimondo, Giovesi and Regalia were in last season.

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Susie Wolff: The bare stats alone explain why Wolff is being criticized for her attempts to be an F1 driver. 7 seasons of DTM yielded a grand total of 4 points and no Podiums. Not only that but her best finish was 7th and her first points didn't come until 2010 in the demolition derby at Valencia. To top it off she is 30 years old which is hardly a spring chicken in anyone's book but hey if racing in F1 is her dream who are we to crush it.

She can dream all she wants, she's still not good enough. I could name 100 drivers better than Susie Wolff who don't have Formula 1 seats.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

dr-baker wrote:

Britain and Hungary? But yes, it did take quite a few races before Damon was able to drag that car onto the grid (5 DNQs before Britain).

But my question is this: there have been a few women who have proved to have a bit of success Stateside, but no woman has had a chance since Giovanna Amati. Are there just more opportunities in the States, or have there just not been women who have been good enough in Europe?

The US has multiple series including several where 40 to 60 entries compete. That would be NASCAR's top two series and the sports car series. So more opportunities is certainly a likely factor.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

If either Alice Powell or Beitske Visser (I have to Google-copy-and-paste or just copy-and-paste her name every time, struggling to remember it), turn out to actually have some driving talent, is there a realistic chance of them making it to F1, and then not just to a backmarker team? I know Beitske Visser has Red Bull backing and therefore a bit more likely to make it as far at least as far as Toro Rosso, but realistically?
MCard LOLA
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

dr-baker wrote:If either Alice Powell or Beitske Visser (I have to Google-copy-and-paste or just copy-and-paste her name every time, struggling to remember it), turn out to actually have some driving talent, is there a realistic chance of them making it to F1, and then not just to a backmarker team? I know Beitske Visser has Red Bull backing and therefore a bit more likely to make it as far at least as far as Toro Rosso, but realistically?

Well, at Toro Rosso, Visser can still show she's not rejectful, so it will still be a big step forward for the girls' public image. I actually see Red Bull promoting her to the main team if the turns out to be good, because that would be very good publicity for them, and if one teams cares about publicity...
Powell, realistically doesn't stand any chance, unless if she marries with a team principal.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I don't want to be that guy, but are you serious? All Danica proved is sex sells, nothing more, nothing less. Her run in NASCAR is proving it.

If you want someone to run witht the big guns, I give you Shirley "Don't F'n Call Me Cha-Cha" Muldowney: http://muldowney.com/

How many other womaen are three time World Champions?
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

If you want to see good women, let Vanina Ickx drive a touring car, trust me, she's a spectacular driver in that kind of cars (especially when she raced the quite unique Mini Cooper S3 in Zolder, which was a spectacular car anyway, but still, i haven't seen other drivers drive that car so fast) she might have been crap in DTM, but she surely wasn't in Belcar and Belgian Procar!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
dr-baker wrote:If either Alice Powell or Beitske Visser (I have to Google-copy-and-paste or just copy-and-paste her name every time, struggling to remember it), turn out to actually have some driving talent, is there a realistic chance of them making it to F1, and then not just to a backmarker team? I know Beitske Visser has Red Bull backing and therefore a bit more likely to make it as far at least as far as Toro Rosso, but realistically?

Well, at Toro Rosso, Visser can still show she's not rejectful, so it will still be a big step forward for the girls' public image. I actually see Red Bull promoting her to the main team if the turns out to be good, because that would be very good publicity for them, and if one teams cares about publicity...
Powell, realistically doesn't stand any chance, unless if she marries with a team principal.

And even that has not yet worked for Mrs Wolff...

This wrote:If you want to see good women, let Vanina Ickx drive a touring car, trust me, she's a spectacular driver in that kind of cars (especially when she raced the quite unique Mini Cooper S3 in Zolder, which was a spectacular car anyway, but still, i haven't seen other drivers drive that car so fast) she might have been crap in DTM, but she surely wasn't in Belcar and Belgian Procar!

My first thought was her time in DTM, but I'll have to take your word for it in other series for now...
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Wallio wrote: How many other womaen are three time World Champions?

Angelle Sampey has been a favorite of mine for some time. A real cool lady.
-*:-
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Jocke1 wrote:
Wallio wrote: How many other womaen are three time World Champions?

Angelle Sampey has been a favorite of mine for some time. A real cool lady.

I did forget about Angelle. I was lucky enough to chat with her a few times down Maple Grove, and is really is a very down to earth person. Karen Stoffer as well, although sadly she has never been the same since the hauler accident.

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Wallio wrote:I don't want to be that guy, but are you serious? All Danica proved is sex sells, nothing more, nothing less. Her run in NASCAR is proving it.

There was a short period of time where Danica was actually fast in an IndyCar. Then 2009 happened, and she became dependable but mediocre in an IndyCar. Presently, she's making a joke out of herself in NASCAR -- to the point where I adore trolling her detractors.

Women in NASCAR generally have it pretty rough, because the general expectation is that they can be shoved around without any repercussions -- as was often the case with Erin Crocker (before she married her then-team owner and since returned to sprint cars) and, most infamously, Shawna Robinson.

Onxy Wrecked wrote:The US has multiple series including several where 40 to 60 entries compete. That would be NASCAR's top two series and the sports car series. So more opportunities is certainly a likely factor.

NASCAR's top two series has entry lists with the same drivers on it, and has for over 20 years. The opportunities are actually smaller there, because the same drivers occupy the front of the grid in both series. Thus, it reduces the chances of anyone in the lower tier series advancing -- especially in recent years, because sponsor dollars don't go to any of the smaller teams anymore, unless the drivers bring them with.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Sorry for bumping an old thread that I myself began, but...

The article in the first post was found when I was going through some old Autosports while searching for early mentions of Lola's plans for entering F1. That article was from 1992. Now, while plowing through some F1 News magazines for similar reasons, I came across a 1993 article from F1 News on the same topic. So here it is. Not expecting much response to this, but someone may find it interesting.

ImageImage
MCard LOLA
Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

Well, the two in NASCAR are a lot different than F1.
We all know how mediocre Danica is. This year, Casey Mears beat her in the standings, with one tenth of the budget Danica has. She is not just a whiner, but also very delusional. Instead of focusing on improvement on a race-by-race basis, like 30th place drivers should, she fully expects to win every race. Don't get me wrong, in NASCAR strange things can happen and basically anyone can win Daytona or Talladega, but isn't it a bit far-fetched to think you are the best, only because you are a woman? More and more people start to recognize that she is just a PR juggernaut, including her opponents. My favorite was David Gilliland telling her to "Shut up and race.", while later remarking that if she has the luxury of several cars at her disposal in every race, she should not be racing people whose teams have like 4 or 5 cars altogether. (In NASCAR, you need a road course car, a short track car, a restrictor plate one and a speedway one to get started.)
She is pure PR, which we all know is REALLY important in the US.

Johanna Long is different, she did what you can't expect in F1 or even WSR/GP2. She had her father start a brand-new team for her to go through the ranks in late models and later the Truck Series. She is considerably better than Danica and was groomed for stock cars, not open wheels, yet she showed very little of her undoubtedly large potential (in NASCAR, that is). VERY wreck-prone, which was not a good thing racing for a part-time, one-car effort. She is set to return to Busch this year, in former Turner cars, if she still shows nothing, it is time to resort to late models. Too bad, as she is a humble, soft-spoken young lady.
If a particle is traveling at the speed of a Spyker, it is likely to finish last. - Albers Einstein

The Hungarian language is more beautiful than you'd ever think. See, the plural of soul in Hungarian is lelkek.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Rabbi Gordon wrote:Well, the two in NASCAR are a lot different than F1.
We all know how mediocre Danica is. This year, Casey Mears beat her in the standings, with one tenth of the budget Danica has. She is not just a whiner, but also very delusional. Instead of focusing on improvement on a race-by-race basis, like 30th place drivers should, she fully expects to win every race. Don't get me wrong, in NASCAR strange things can happen and basically anyone can win Daytona or Talladega, but isn't it a bit far-fetched to think you are the best, only because you are a woman? More and more people start to recognize that she is just a PR juggernaut, including her opponents. My favorite was David Gilliland telling her to "Shut up and race.", while later remarking that if she has the luxury of several cars at her disposal in every race, she should not be racing people whose teams have like 4 or 5 cars altogether. (In NASCAR, you need a road course car, a short track car, a restrictor plate one and a speedway one to get started.

I preferred Tony Stewart's more colorful radio rant at Martinsville last Spring. "Tell her if she doesn't f**king cut that s**t out, I will f**king dump her s**t! Tell her! Tell her I f**king own her f**king car and I will be the one to f**king dump her s**t! F**king tell her!" The video is on youtube.

Rabbi Gordon

Post by Rabbi Gordon »

Wallio wrote:
Rabbi Gordon wrote: More and more people start to recognize that she is just a PR juggernaut, including her opponents. My favorite was David Gilliland telling her to "Shut up and race.", while later remarking that if she has the luxury of several cars at her disposal in every race, she should not be racing people whose teams have like 4 or 5 cars altogether.quote]

I preferred Tony Stewart's more colorful radio rant at Martinsville last Spring. "Tell her if she doesn't f**king cut that s**t out, I will f**king dump her s**t! Tell her! Tell her I f**king own her f**king car and I will be the one to f**king dump her s**t! F**king tell her!" The video is on youtube.

That was great :lol: Don't know how I've missed it before. Proabaly I got lost in the antics of Krashy Kahne and Pinball Vickers or the awesomeness of Ragan's top 10.
There is quite an amount of Danica-related rants on YT, I chose the Gilliiland one, because it is so cool and composed.
Although Cassill's "Rule #1 of stock car racing is learn how to wreck somebody, without wrecking yourself" is also gold.
Kvapil also had a KurtBusch-esque rant along the lines of: That dumb b**ch. F**king s**t. I'm going to f**king kill her. Ran out of f**king talent againt. Un-f**king real.
If a particle is traveling at the speed of a Spyker, it is likely to finish last. - Albers Einstein

The Hungarian language is more beautiful than you'd ever think. See, the plural of soul in Hungarian is lelkek.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Sarah Moore had potential, as she won the Ginetta Junior Championship back in 2009, but she struggled in the same series in 2010, did okay but not great in InterSteps (like a slightly worse version of Formula Ford) in 2011, and then ran out of money (from the look of it), and most recently was racing in the Toyota GT86 Cup.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

The NHRA has had an influx lately, with the Force sisters (all three of them), Leah Pritchett, Karen Stoffer, Angie Smith, Angelle Sampey (although she got divorced again, and is on a 5th name now), and Alexis Dejoria all doing fairly well, and about a dozen others qualifying last year.

yannicksamlad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yannicksamlad »

And Beitske Visser and Tatiana Calderon both have drives again this year ..and they both seem to be quite capable .
Which is good news for racing I think
I started supporting Emmo in 1976 (3 points )....missed 75, 74, 73, 72...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

yannicksamlad wrote:And Beitske Visser and Tatiana Calderon both have drives again this year ..and they both seem to be quite capable .

Based on recent race results, they can't be too much worse than Lotus's new development driver, Carmen Jorda...
MCard LOLA
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

yannicksamlad wrote:And Beitske Visser and Tatiana Calderon both have drives again this year ..and they both seem to be quite capable .

Beitske Visser struggled a bit last season in Formula Renault 3.5, which is understandable, as she had previously driven in the F4-level ADAC Formel Masters. But towards the end of the season she improved a lot, and she did really well in winter testing, often among the top 5. Tatiana Calderon is midfield in F3. No future superstar, but a capable racing driver.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Whilst there are currently no female drivers in the BTCC (I believe Fiona Leggate was the last to date, competing in a hopelessly outdated MG in 2007), there are a few in the support series. The Ginetta Juniors series (which, for sheer entertainment value, is the best motorsport series on the planet :D ) has Jamie Chadwick and Esmee Hawkey confirmed for 2015. In the MSA Formula series, there is Jessica Hawkins, and I believe Louise Richardson is also working on a 2015 seat in the series.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

dr-baker wrote:

Based on recent race results, they can't be too much worse than Lotus's new development driver, Carmen Jorda...

Meanwhile she poses and pouts in a tight-fitting t-shirt in the Lotus garage whilst someone out of shot wolf-whistles whilst the global TV feed is filming her.

Did anyone else notice that last weekend as well?
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

AndreaModa wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Meanwhile she poses and pouts in a tight-fitting t-shirt in the Lotus garage whilst someone out of shot wolf-whistles whilst the global TV feed is filming her.

I thought I was hearing things...
#FreeGonzo
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

I do interested in Sussie (or Susie?) Wolff race in F1. She's not that bad at Silverstone FP1. Williams is seriously need to re-think it
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AxelP800 wrote:I do interested in Sussie (or Susie?) Wolff race in F1. She's not that bad at Silverstone FP1. Williams is seriously need to re-think it

It doesn't matter, as long as the FIA keep the current superlicence points system, Susie Wolff doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a shot at a GP start.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

AndreaModa wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

I noticed it and I thought it had come from the BBC commentary box, in fact, I'd assumed it was Coulthard taking the piss.
Just For One Day...
tBone

Post by tBone »

Salamander wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:I do interested in Sussie (or Susie?) Wolff race in F1. She's not that bad at Silverstone FP1. Williams is seriously need to re-think it

It doesn't matter, as long as the FIA keep the current superlicence points system, Susie Wolff doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a shot at a GP start.

Do these superlicense rules apply already this year? I thought they would start next year with that.
YOUR
LOGO

Here
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tBone wrote:
Salamander wrote:
AxelP800 wrote:I do interested in Susie Wolff race in F1. She's not that bad at Silverstone FP1. Williams is seriously need to re-think it

Do these superlicense rules apply already this year? I thought they would start next year with that.

I would love to see Mrs Wolff have a go in a Manor for 5 races this year, so that she can qualify for the SuperLicence next year (when the new rules do indeed come in). Maybe take over Merhi's seat when he returns to FR3.5?

Oh, and it's good to see another fan of the Wolff on here! I fear that we may be in the minority here...
MCard LOLA
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

tBone wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Yes, it's next year, otherwise Max Verstappen wouldn't be driving right now for one!
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

dr-baker wrote:Oh, and it's good to see another fan of the Wolff on here! I fear that we may be in the minority here...

I don't dislike her I just think she's another Gary Paffett in that she will never ever start an F1 race. And PLEASE nobody begin a stat-for-stat comparison of the two drivers as in this instance it's irrelevant.

Also, dr-baker, it falls to me to tell you that this celebrity crush you have on Wolffy is simply wasting your time and I'll tell you why; I can tell that she'd be crap in bed. It'd be lights out and nothing too adventurous. If there ever existed a sex-tape featuring her and Nick Heidfeld I guarantee nobody would be interested. It's time to move on and perhaps Carmen Jorda is your future as she seems a nice girl and I'd be willing to bet complete filth in bed. Again, please no stat-by-stat comparisons.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Also, dr-baker, it falls to me to tell you that this celebrity crush you have on Wolffy is simply wasting your time and I'll tell you why; I can tell that she'd be crap in bed. It'd be lights out and nothing too adventurous. If there ever existed a sex-tape featuring her and Nick Heidfeld I guarantee nobody would be interested. It's time to move on and perhaps Carmen Jorda is your future as she seems a nice girl and I'd be willing to bet complete filth in bed. Again, please no stat-by-stat comparisons.

That is pure speculation. First of all, you don't know how dr-baker likes them in bed or do you? Second, have you never heard that the quieter they are in public the worst they are in bed? I bet Susie is a wild thing. So wild in fact that Toto had to move from Williams to Mercedes as soon as it was possible for him to move after Susie started her testing duties. Or do you think it was a coincidence? Go look at the dates if you don't believe me. I bet he was terrified of being found out he couldn't keep up with his husband duties more than once a day.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

DanielPT wrote:
CoopsII wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Also, dr-baker, it falls to me to tell you that this celebrity crush you have on Wolffy is simply wasting your time and I'll tell you why; I can tell that she'd be crap in bed. It'd be lights out and nothing too adventurous. If there ever existed a sex-tape featuring her and Nick Heidfeld I guarantee nobody would be interested. It's time to move on and perhaps Carmen Jorda is your future as she seems a nice girl and I'd be willing to bet complete filth in bed. Again, please no stat-by-stat comparisons.

That is pure speculation. First of all, you don't know how dr-baker likes them in bed or do you?

Neither does he.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:have you never heard that the quieter they are in public the worst they are in bed?

Well then. She's quiet and boring. Much like a night with her would probably be. Or, if you swing that way, Paul Di Resta. Man alive, I bet he could make a gay dude straight.

If you're asking (and I know no one wants to know this but I'm trying to balance up the objectification of women here) I reckon Alonso could hammer it home in style.
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
DanielPT wrote:have you never heard that the quieter they are in public the worst they are in bed?

Well then. She's quiet and boring. Much like a night with her would probably be. Or, if you swing that way, Paul Di Resta. Man alive, I bet he could make a gay dude straight.

That is not what I meant by worst. By worst, I meant best.

CoopsII wrote:If you're asking (and I know no one wants to know this but I'm trying to balance up the objectification of women here) I reckon Alonso could hammer it home in style.

From current F1 drivers, my guess also goes to Alonso. Although due to his age, Verstappen's availability would be hard to beat.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.