1st Annual F1 Rejects Forum Awards

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

1st Annual F1 Rejects Forum Awards

Post by shinji »

The results of the awards are outlined below, in the next post.
Last edited by shinji on 18 Nov 2009, 17:26, edited 5 times in total.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1st Annual F1 Rejects Forum Awards

Post by shinji »

Results

Real F1

Your Reject of 2009 -
1. Nelson Piquet Jr. - 11 votes
2. Renault - 3 votes
3. Kazuki Nakajima- 3 votes

Your Driver of 2009
1. Jenson Button - 13 votes
2. Sebastian Vettel - 5.5 votes
3. Mark Webber - 3.5 votes

Your Favourite On-Track Moment of the Year
1. Force India Success - 13.5 votes
2. Hamilton Success - 5 votes
3. Webber Success - 4 votes

Your Favourite Non-Driver of 2009
1. Nicole Scherzinger - 4 votes
2. Zoran Stefanovich - 3 votes
3. Eddie Jordan - 3 votes

Your Favourite Race of 2009
1. Belgium - 7.5 votes
2. Brazil - 7 votes
3. China - 4 votes

Your Team of 2009
1. Brawn - 17.1 votes
2. Red Bull - 5.5 votes
3. Force India - 2.1 votes

Most Interesting Controversy
1. Crashgate - 9.25 votes
= FIA vs. FOTA
2. Liegate - 4.25 votes
3. Double Diffusers - 2 votes

Deadbeat Teammate
1. Kazuki Nakajima - 14 votes
2. Heikki Kovalainen - 6 votes
3. Nelson Piquet Jr. - 3 votes

Reject Team of 2009
1. Renault- 14.5 votes
2. BMW Sauber - 4.5 votes
3. Toyota - 3 votes

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

F1 Rejects Forum

Most Posts
1. CarlosFerreira - 1363 posts at time of writing
2. Captain Hammer - 1040 posts at time of writing
3. thehemogoblin - 783 posts at time of writing

Most Posts Per Day
1. kostas22 - 6.29 posts per day at time of writing
2. CarlosFerreira - 5.93 posts per day at time of writing
3. Captain Hammer- 4.46 posts per day at time of writing

Most Valued Member
1. Kuwashima - 5 votes
2. eytl - 2 votes
= CarlosFerreira

Most Informed Post
Captain Hammer wrote:Everywhere I go on the internet that discusses Formula One - which, outside Facebook, Television Without Pity and the odd James Bond forum is pretty much everyhwere I go full stop - I'm seeing an increasing number of people throwing their support behind FOTA establishing a rival series to the FIA for 2010. Somewhat alarmingly, a lot of these people seem to not simply be unconcerned if negotiationsfall through, but actually willing them to fail. Personally, I believe this outcome will be a disaster to which the CART/IRL falling out will pale by comparison. I think a FOTA series will be doomed to fail, and this is why
Firstly, the FIA Formula One World Championship will be going ahead in 2010 regardless of whether the FOTA members are a part of it or not. Even if all eight leave, another eight will be chosen from those who applied for the vacancies alongside Campos, Team US-F1 and Manor GP. With each passing day, FOTA will have less and less time to establih their own series, and if they do not get started in 2010, they may not get started at all. If the FIA series is the only one being held, it will be the one people watch and by the time FOTA get off the ground in 2011, they're going to have to steal back a lot of territory that will have been safely in the FIA's hands for a year.
All the current teams are obligated to see out the 2009 season. And because Formula One is constantly changing and the cars developing in order for teams to stay on top, this means that FOTA will have to organise a championship in between racing and preparing their cars for the next event.
In the event that FOTA break away, they will only have a handful of teams. As few as six and as many as eight, which translates into twelve to sixteen cars on the grid. With Formula One looking to expand to twenty-six, eight teams on the grid will not be enough. It may be possible to get more, but where will they come from? Fifteen teams expressed interest in joining Formula One for 2010, and from the twelve that missed out, you can bet the FIA will take the top eight and fill the grid up with them, and the other four - like the fan-supported MyF1Dream - will likely be so poor that FOTA will not want them. Those teams expressed interest because the FIA were removing barriers to entry. FOTA will have to look elsewhere to find five teams willing to establish themselves from the ground up. The FIA and FOM are offering financial assitance and security within the sport; a FOTA series cannot.
In six months, FOTA will have to establish at least fifteen races around the world. However, the threat of a breakaway series has been used quite often in the past, but it has never gained momentum. You can understand why cirtcuit owners and event organisers would be hesitant to enter into an arrangement. They would want assurance that the races would happen and that FOTA would not return to the FIA if it were offered. Likewise, you can also bet that Bernie Ecclestone will be out and about signing contracts with owners and organisers allowing him exclusive rights to host those races if he hasn't done so already.
FOTA will also have to negotiate commercial and broadcast rights around the world, which can only be done once they've established a calendar. The negotiations are likely to be very extensive and thus will take time, time being a currency FOTA do not have.
They will also need a set of technical regulations to play by. It's all well and good to suggest copying the FIA rulebook verbatim, but if the FIA series is running with the latest cars, no-one will want to watch a FOTA series with last year's cars.
Likewise, FOTA are in no position to govern their own series. The whole point of the FIA as adjudicator is that they are impartial, and for the most part they are (whatever you think of Mosley). No-one in the sport's governing body can be a team owner because it introduces the potential for bias into everything from dispute resolution through setting new regulations.
As such, a FOTA series will very likely be in trouble from the day it is conceived, if it isn't simply stillborn.
- 4 votes
Kuwashima wrote:Nice, isn't it? Without thinking it through too much, I guess we'll all too busy celebrating failure, that we don't get hot under the collar defending our passions as infallible, like the fanboys on other forums tend to.
After all, those taking part in flame wars tend to lack a certain .... sense of irony, I think.
- 1 vote

Funniest Post
Ross Prawn wrote:Actually the international standard is degrees Kelvin. At a sunny 70 the hazards would include crashing into lumps of solid carbon dioxide. Button would continue to have difficulty warming up his tyres.
- 2 votes
SáT wrote:Well, the programme of simulated car races in fact started in 1942, when Hitler commissioned number of projects of entertainment in order to avert the subdued people's attention away from wartime suffering &c. One of these projects was auto racing, but the war effort prevented Germany from making real races; so a top secret project was called forth to create these simulated races. Top German scientists, including Fritz Fend, Wernher von Braun and Dr Merkwürdigliebe worked on the project that utilized 1:12 scale model cars and an early form of artificial intelligence (which was eventually re-used in the Nazi space programme, in the third Mars voyage, in 1944), and they reached considerable successes until the end of the war, running at least three races. Here is a photo of one of the model cars:

Notice how remarkably similar it is to a modern F1 car.

After the end of the war, the plan & the assets were picked up by the US (along with the Nazi space programme), who used it to create Nascar in 47. In Europe, the concept was kept alive by Jean-Marie Balestre (a former member of the French SS, in which capacity he witnessed one of the races) and the Mosley family (there's proof that Oswald Mosley knew about the project and lobbied vehemently to have an AI driver designated as British). The FISA-FOCA war was actually about the ownership of the remaining Nazi artefacts. At this time 2-3 of the races in the F1 were but simulations every season; when a driver attempted to speak up, he was promptly assassinated (or but "warned", like Niki Lauda), and his death was staged as a "race accident" in one of the simulated races.

Currently, since 2001, all races are simulated, and half of the drivers are nothing but simulations. the first fully functional AI driver without a human actor posing as him was Lewis Hamilton, he's entirely a hologram. As for Hermann Tilke: he's not a person, but merely a front for a committee of scientists who design and run the simulated races.
- 1 vote
WeirdKerr wrote:But this season has been odd, so unpredictable.... I just dont know whats gonna happen next.....The Order of the previous years are blown away Freak results are the Norm, my flabber is well and truely gasted....i just wonder how things would have been had quallifying been the way it was in the old days... 60 min session with each driver having 12 laps to get a good time, would it still be as unpredictable?
- 1 vote

Best Overall Post
Kuwashima wrote:G'day all!

This is the forum for discussion on the current goings-on in F1.

Please post your comments civilly, but with passion!!

Cheers,
F1 Rejects.com
- 1 vote
=
CarlosFerreira wrote:Williams' latest engine suppliers (Renault, BMW and Toyota) will be long gone out of Formula One and forgotten, and Williams will still be there, racing Ferrari and McLaren.

=
Kuwashima wrote:Nice, isn't it? Without thinking it through too much, I guess we'll all too busy celebrating failure, that we don't get hot under the collar defending our passions as infallible, like the fanboys on other forums tend to.
After all, those taking part in flame wars tend to lack a certain .... sense of irony, I think.

Funniest Member
1. Ross Prawn - 3 votes
2. shinji - 1 vote
= thehemogoblin
= Captain Hammer

Most Informed Member
1. Captain Hammer - 7 votes
2. Alianora LaCanta - 1 vote
= kostas22

Best Thread
1. Capricorn 1 - 2 votes
= The reject youtube thread
2. 2010 Driver's Market - 1 vote
3. Caption this - 1 vote

Funniest Thread
1. HWNSNBM Facts - 3.33 votes
2. Shortest F1 Books - 1.33 votes
3. The Wonderful World of Shoe Spam - 1 vote

Best Spam
1. Alan Shoe Spam - 10 votes
apple2008 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
we can supply low price with high quality products.You can view our website for the details.
Thanks for your reading , pls email us if u have any questions about business .

We hope that will make a long&great business with you in future.
Your satisfactions,Our pursuit!
Please Email me to get discount!!

My Email is [email protected]

My MSN is [email protected]

Most Obsessive Member
1. shinji - 3 votes
= CarlosFerreira
2. Captain Hammer- 2 votes

Friendliest Member
1. CarlosFerreira - 5 votes
2. watka - 1 vote
3. shinji - .5 vote
= Nuppiz

Most Rejectful Post
alvaro3d wrote:After Blah-Blah-Blah-Barrichello on Germany Brawn GP sabotaged Rubens car, shamefully the one that got harmed by this was Felipe Massa
- 1 vote
=
kostas22 wrote:Did you know Piquet is Gay?

I'm not making that up btw, its at http://jbonline.terra.com.br/pextra/2009/09/11/e11093653.asp.
But of course that is Portugese...but that is the "proof" of it.

=
RFT wrote:This sort of came to me after playing Beatles Rock Band last night...

I asked my boss what he wanted from me,
He said Nelson, can't you see,
I need a win to appease Carlos Ghosn,
But Fernando can't do it on his own,

Nelson you can crash your car
If you want to be a star
(Then maybe I'll sack you...)

So off we went and we started the race
And for ten laps I was miles off the pace
For me that form's not unusual at all
And no-one was surprised when I hit the wall

If you want to be a star

The safety car made the win guaranteed
Bending my car gave Alonso the lead
So I kept quiet for a year 'till the day
Flav sacked me so I went to the FIA.

If you want to be a star

Most Rejectful Thread
1. Rantbox - 1 vote
= Big News For Abu Dhabi GP?
= Read this BEFORE posting a Reject of the Race

Best Signature
1. HWNSNBM Facts - 2 votes
2. This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit - 1 vote
= Jack of All Trades, master of F*** all
= Happiness is a Warm Pun

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

And so concludes this one man award ceremony. See you next year!*

Providing I don't get tired of F1 or this forum or forget to do it or something.
Last edited by shinji on 18 Nov 2009, 17:25, edited 2 times in total.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Real F1

For the real F1 awards, everyone can vote, and I'll tally the votes to get a definitive winner. In the event of a tie, I'll decide on the spot what to do.

Your Reject of 2009 - Nelson Piquet, Jr.
Your Driver of 2009 - Sebastian Vettel
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009 - Force India podium
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009 - Shirtslinger
Your Favourite Race of 2009 - Belgian Grand Prix
Your Team of 2009 - Brawn GP
Most Interesting Controversy - Lewis lying

{if anyone wants to suggest a category, feel free}

F1 Rejects Forum

Some of these are not up for voting, their statistical. The ones that are to be voted upon, everyone can vote, and then to choose a winner I and maybe some of the other high posters can decide (eg Best Post).

Most Valued Member - CarlosFerreira
Most Informed Post (to be voted upon) - (To be determined)
Funniest Post - Whoever said "My flabber is truly gasted" or whatever that quote actually was.
Best Overall Post - http://f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2#p2 <-- that one
Funniest Member - FerrariStu (those videos are gold)
Most Informed Member (by informed I essentially mean Captain Hammer) - Shinji meant Captain Hammer.
Best Thread - 2010 Driver's Market (that thread had legs)
Funniest Thread - The Wonderful World of Shoe Spam
Best Spam - The Wonderful World of Shoe Spam
Most Obsessive Member - Captain Hammer
Friendliest Member (that sounds weird) - CarlosFerreira
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

shinji wrote:{again, if you have any suggestions, feel free}

Well, we're a reject-themed forum, so maybe the Reject Post or Reject Topic awards (Reject User would be too offending)? Just a thought...

Will be posting my votes for the existing categories tomorrow.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Nuppiz wrote:
shinji wrote:{again, if you have any suggestions, feel free}

Well, we're a reject-themed forum, so maybe the Reject Post or Reject Topic awards (Reject User would be too offending)? Just a thought...

Will be posting my votes for the existing categories tomorrow.

Done.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

A couple I thought of were the Deadbeat Teammate Award and Reject Team Of The Year.

(mine are Kazuki Nakajima and BMW Sauber, by the way)
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

I nominate Alonso's teammates for the Deadbeat Teammate Award, simply for the fact that they are carefully chosen to be ultra-deadbeat... :lol:
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Ah, good. Lessee...

Real F1

For the real F1 awards, everyone can vote, and I'll tally the votes to get a definitive winner. In the event of a tie, I'll decide on the spot what to do.

Your Reject of 2009: Renault
Your Driver of 2009: Rosberg. Screw reality.
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009: The 3 Webber on Alonso battles, in Oz, Spain and Singapore.
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009: has to be Nicole Whatshername. Thank you, Lord.
Your Favourite Race of 2009: China
Your Team of 2009: Force India, just for the surprise effect.
Most Interesting Controversy: Crashgate, although I hated them all.
Deadbeat Teammate: Kovalainen, unfortunately.
Reject Team of 2009: Toro Rosso, too many mistakes. Ferrari quite close as well

F1 Rejects Forum

Most Posts (decided)
Most Posts per Day (decided)
Most Valued Member: Kuwashima & eytl. Seriously, they're running and paying for the show.
Most Informed Post: Kuwashima explains the reason why the F1Rejects forum is a great place.
Funniest Post: sweet dreams are made of this. Also, Jordan delivers a brilliant punchline, drumroll included. And who was the 1977 champion again?
Best Overall Post: Oh, no...
Funniest Member: About half the members. I love it when shinji throws a fit.
Most Informed Member (by informed I essentially mean Captain Hammer): Alianora LaCanta. The Capt'n will forgive me for this, but Alianora's blog is a treasure chest of good quality info. I still like his opinion on matters, though.
Best Thread: The Crashgate thread. Went on for a bucketload of pages, from the initial incredulity to the bitter end. Everyone had a say, Jamie and Enoch disagreed, there was argumentation and intelligent discussion, and never did it descend into personal attack. Awesome!
Funniest Thread: Kimi and Fisico's acting prowess. Don't give up your day jobs, lads...
Best Spam: Alan Shoe Spam! I missed the oft-discussed well-endowed one.
Most Obssesive Member: everyone in the Autosport/BBC/Yahoo forums.
Friendliest Member: everyone's essentially nice, so I'd need to nominate half the posters. I know I find watka very friendly and amusing, but can't even remember why.
Most Rejectful Post: RFT starts a singing career, it all gets slightly out of hand.
Most Rejectful Thread: I rather like it, but it's just slightly silly...
Best Signature: shinji has been treating us to a few good ones, lately.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Real F1

Your Reject of 2009: Flavio Briatore (lump it into the Renault category if its easier)
Your Driver of 2009: Jenson Button (come on, he deserves it!)
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009: Fisichella's pole!
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009: The Ugandan Racing Association president
Your Favourite Race of 2009: Australia (it usually is)
Your Team of 2009: Brawn (from the ashes)
Most Interesting Controversy: Crashgate (it was true guys!)
Deadbeat Teammate: Nakajima (just ahead of Kovalainen, who will probably still get a drive next year)
Reject Team of 2009: Renault by miles.

I'll have to have a think about the forum awards a bit more.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Real F1

Your Reject of 2009: Nakajima
Your Driver of 2009: Button
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009: FORCE INDIA!
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009: The Spanish Press
Your Favourite Race of 2009: Belgium
Your Team of 2009: Red Bull
Most Interesting Controversy: Take your pick (FIA-FOTA, Crash-gate, BMW stupidity, Lie-gate)
Deadbeat Teammate: Nakajima
Reject Team of 2009: Renault
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Your Reject of 2009: Overtaking
Your Driver of 2009: Kobayashi
Your Favorite On Track Moment of 2009: Hamilton Spinning @ China, after touted as the ultimate rain driver.
Your Favorite Non-Driver personality of 2009: F1Rejects, J. McGregor and E.Y.T. Law
Your Favorite Race of 2009: Australia or Abu Dhabi
Your Team of 2009: Brawn
Most Interesting Controversy: FIA v. FOTA
Deadbeat Teammate: Kovalainen
Reject Team of 2009: Team Hamilton/McLaren -- Never getting it right consistently, sometimes epically failing when logic says they should be succeeding, plus the fact that I hate McLaren

Edited my picks.
Last edited by Cynon on 15 Nov 2009, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Your Reject of 2009: Nakajima - Just because you give Williams free engines doesn't mean it's an excuse to be utterly thrashed by Rosberg
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009: Giancarlo Fisichella at the Belgian GP
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009: Nicole Shirtslinger or whatever the hell it is
Your Team of 2009: Brawn GP... Red Bull were too inconsisetent really
Most Interesting Controversy: Way too many to choose from
Deadbeat Teammate: Kovalainen
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Real F1

Your Reject(s) of 2009: Rrrmmmnnn Grrrjjjnnn, Nelson Piquet Jr & The Overtaking Working Group
Your Driver(s) of 2009: Mark Webber & Cowboy-ashi
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009: Lewis Hamilton crashing on the last lap at Monza
Your Favourite Race of 2009: Germany
Your Team of 2009: Force India
Most Interesting Controversy: Formula Elaborate Bluff
Deadbeat Teammate: Badoer

F1 Rejects Forum

Most Valued Member: Kuwashima & eytl
Best Thread: "Only In A Game". Where else would Piquet Jr win a race?
Funniest Thread: 'HWNSNBM Facts', 'Anyone got a good F1 joke?' or 'Shortest F1 Books'
Best Spam: Allen Shoe Trader (obviously)
Most Rejectful Post: Anyone who had predictions which earned negative points in the 'Predicament Predictions' threads
Most Rejectful Thread: My thread about the Lola wind tunnel model, which had already been discussed in another thread
Last edited by MinardiFan95 on 11 Nov 2009, 06:42, edited 1 time in total.
This is a cool spot.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Your Reject of 2009 BMW for putting their team Sauber on the sidelines
Your Driver of 2009 Jenson Button
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009 Ari Vatanen
Your Favourite Race of 2009 Interlagos
Your Team of 2009 Brawn GP
Most Interesting Controversy Crashgate
Underperforming Teammate Kazuki Nakajima
Reject Team of 2009 Renault

Best Thread The Nosecone Championship
Funniest Thread F1 Rejects Racing Team - Life W12
Best Spam Alan Shoe Spammer
Most Rejectful Thread (again, obviously not spam) Rantbox

I'm sorry for not knowing the exact titles of the respective threads, but I guess you remember them. Thank you.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

I guess I should post mine.

Real F1

Your Reject of 2009 - Nelson Piquet Jr.
Your Driver of 2009 - Mark Webber
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009 - Sutil unrejectifying himself
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009 - Bernie for becoming hilariously inept
Your Favourite Race of 2009 - China
Your Team of 2009 - Brawn
Most Interesting Controversy - Crashgate
Deadbeat Teammate - Nakajima
Reject Team of 2009 - Renaut

F1 Rejects Forum

Most Posts (decided - results in next post)
Most Posts per Day (decided - results in next post)
Most Valued Member (to be voted upon) - Kuwashima ('cos his name's red)
Most Informed Post (to be voted upon) - http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=271#p5458
Funniest Post (again, to be voted upon) - http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=445&p=10619&hilit=hitler#p10614
Best Overall Post - http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=445&p=10619&hilit=hitler#p10614
Funniest Member - thehemogoblin
Most Informed Member (by informed I essentially mean Captain Hammer) - Captain Hammer
Best Thread - http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=114, there's some real gems in there
Funniest Thread - Capricorn 1
Best Spam - Allen Shoe Trader
Most Obssesive Member - ME! I'M ORGANISING FECKIN AWARDS!!!
Friendliest Member (that sounds weird) - CarlosFerreira
Most Rejectful Post (not spam) - http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66#p994
Most Rejectful Thread (again, obviously not spam) - http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 - no reply. That's a Beatles song.
Best Signature - "This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit." Gives me some epic lulz.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

F1 Rejects Forum

Most Valued Member (to be voted upon) - Kuwashima and eytl (you guys run the show!)
Most Informed Post (to be voted upon) - Me for suggesting that Kobayashi would not be a reject... only joking, anything by Captain Hammer
Funniest Post (again, to be voted upon) - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=538&p=13488&hilit=carbon+dioxide#p13488 - a classic from Ross Prawn
Best Overall Post - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=301&p=6554&hilit=life+goodwood#p6400 for posting the video of the Life W12
Funniest Member - Ross Prawn
Most Informed Member - Captain Hammer, closely followed by Wizzie
Best Thread - The reject youtube thread, where I get to see all the wonderful rejects I'm too young to remember probably!
Funniest Thread - HWNSNBM Jokes
Best Spam - Allen Shoe Trader, no contest!
Most Obssesive Member - Shinji, he seriously needs to calm down sometimes
Friendliest Member (that sounds weird) - CarlosFerreira, well he voted for me! Or Nuppiz
Most Rejectful Post (not spam) - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=473&p=11276&hilit=piquet+gay#p11276 - sorry Kostas22, I remember reading that and thinking what the hell has that got to do with anything
Most Rejectful Thread (again, obviously not spam) - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=506&p=13825&hilit=tilke#p13825 - nice work from some people, but people are failing to see the point that the problem is with the car's aero, not Tilke's tracks. Okay, Valencia is terrible though,
Best Signature - WeirdKerr wrote: "my flabber is well and truely gasted..."
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Most Valued Member (to be voted upon): Kuwashima and eytl
Most Informed Post (to be voted upon) Everything by Captain Hammer
Funniest Post (again, to be voted upon):
Best Overall Post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=445&p=10530&hilit=capricorn+1#p10614
Funniest Member: Ross Prawn
Most Informed Member (by informed I essentially mean Captain Hammer): Captain Hammer
Best Thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=445&hilit=capricorn+1
Funniest Thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=567
Best Spam: Allan Shoe Trader
Most Obssesive Member: shinji
Friendliest Member (that sounds weird): Carlos Ferreira
Most Rejectful Post (not spam): viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136
Most Rejectful Thread (again, obviously not spam): viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103
Best Signature: All HWNSNBM facts.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Kobacrashi

Post by Kobacrashi »

Real F1

Your Reject of 2009, Clearly it Jarno Trulli, Especially after hearing all teams factor a trulli train into each race depending on if he can be arsed or not.
Your Driver of 2009, Kamui Kobayashi, Two races and already the best japanese driver ever.
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009, Kovalainen setting raikkonen on fire, technically in the pits though.
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009, Eddie Jordan, Legendary TV arguments with DC
Your Favourite Race of 2009, Probably Belgium
Your Team of 2009, Begrudgingly awarded to Brawn even though Ross Brawn is a bit of a twat
Most Interesting Controversy, Formula Elaborate bluff
Deadbeat Teammate, Giancarlo Fisichella
Reject Team of 2009, Renault

Kobayashi is back! Need I say more!
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Your Reject of 2009: Kovalainen
Your Driver of 2009: Webber
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009: Webber's first victory
Your Favourite Non-Driver Personality of 2009: Anthony Hamilton (provides good comedy moments, such as clapping his hands at the McLaren pitcrew after their mistake in Valencia)
Your Favourite Race of 2009: Brazil
Your Team of 2009: Red Bull
Most Interesting Controversy: Lie-gate
Deadbeat Teammate: Nakajima
Reject Team of 2009: Williams
Last edited by Ed24 on 04 Nov 2009, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Your Reject of 2009 Renault
Your Driver of 2009 Button
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009 Force India on pole
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009 Rob Smedley
Your Favourite Race of 2009 China
Your Team of 2009 Brawn
Most Interesting Controversy FIA vs FOTA
Deadbeat Teammate Nakajima
Reject Team of 2009 Renault
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Your Reject of 2009: Nakajima
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009: Fisichella on pole and in second
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009: Flavio
Your Favourite Race of 2009: Australia
Your Team of 2009: Brawn GP
Most Interesting Controversy: Crash-gate
Deadbeat Teammate: Kovaleinen
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

kostas-22 deserves a mention for the "Toyota on the go" thread. Now THAT'S what I call an informed member!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
deCrasheris

Post by deCrasheris »

Your Reject of 2009: Nelsinho Piqiet
Your Driver of 2009: Jenson Button
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009: Seeing a Force India on Pole at Spa
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009: the Stefan GP guy nah Flab flav
Your Favourite Race of 2009: Brazilian GP
Your Team of 2009: Brawn GP for being able to do so much with so little
Deadbeat Teammate: Kazuki Nakajima for obvious reasons
Reject Team of 2009: Renault which may be literally if the board meeting goes as I expect :o
RIP Dan Wheldon 1978-2011
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Your Reject of 2009: Romain Grosjean
Your Driver of 2009: Sebastian Vettel
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009: Button getting pranged by Grosjean at Spa/Fisi getting pole for the same race
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009: Zoran Stefanovic :D
Your Favourite Race of 2009: Spa
Your Team of 2009: Red Bull for finally becoming title contenders
Deadbeat Teammate: Kazuki Nakajima
Reject Team of 2009: Renault. Not just because of their on and off track action, but because of how pedantic they are:
Extract from Renault F1 Team Website
Can I find out the colour codes of your livery?
Unfortunately, no. This information is confidential.

WTF? You serious? A couple of hex codes are important enough to be confidential? Oh dear...
Last edited by DemocalypseNow on 17 Nov 2009, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
johnston21

Post by johnston21 »

Funniest Post

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=438&p=12075#p12075

Re: Singapore's Conspiracy Theory - Briatore/Symonds leave

Looks like the Renault bloggers are quite gutted.
http://my.ing-renaultf1.com/en/blog/133 ... ml#comment

Now it's almost pathetic.

My heart is broken .
Where is the good and evil ?
I will not judge to Flavio and Symond , I not judge .
I feel so bad , in my mind there are many funny memories , happy , sad , etc ... I remember the matey look of Symonds , his third way is to act , his moody , good-natured appearance with a few extra kg , his self-assurance , in uniform , his eternal youth , his way of dealing with Jourlalists and their refuser to acknowledge its mistakes ( their bad strategies ) . I look in his eyes and I never know what you're thinking because it is very slippery , Symonds I'll miss you .
Flavio is my weakness is the spitting image of Renault and the Formula One . I will miss his outbursts of temper , sympathy , kindness , fun ... I remenber in China : chinese you , chinese I .....
Briatore always so kind to Spanish media . Is very generous , always giving more than you expect .
I feel really bad because I no longer have him in the Renault pitwall , bad because I'm not going to see him with Fernando giving advice
I will miss her very much , leave and leave to write because my eyes are full of tears , always in my heart , see you soon , hurts , huts much
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Your Reject of 2009 Flavio Briatore
Your Driver of 2009 Jenson Button
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009 Force India and Fisichella on pole at Spa 2009
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009 Rob Smedley
Your Favourite Race of 2009 Spa
Your Team of 2009 Brawn
Most Interesting Controversy Double Diffusers
Deadbeat Teammate Kovalainen
Reject Team of 2009 Toyota

F1 Rejects Forum

Most Valued Member (to be voted upon) Kuwashima
Best Overall Post "Williams' latest engine suppliers (Renault, BMW and Toyota) will be long gone out of Formula One and forgotten, and Williams will still be there, racing Ferrari and McLaren." CarlosFerreira, 04 August 2009.
Funniest Member
Most Informed Member (by informed I essentially mean Captain Hammer) Essentially I also mean Captain Hammer
Best Thread Short F1 Books
Funniest Thread Short F1 Books
Best Spam Shoe Spam (it's the only one I can remember)
Most Obssesive Member CarlosFerreira
Friendliest Member (that sounds weird) CarlosFerreira
Most Rejectful Post (not spam) viewtopic.php?f=2&t=646 (replicating an old thread, basically; probably picky but there really haven't been many rejectful posts here this year...)
Most Rejectful Thread (again, obviously not spam) viewtopic.php?f=2&t=367 Schumacher will have a very hard time winning every race if he cannot actually compete in any...
Best Signature Life w12: "HWNSNBM once won the World Series of Poker holding two jokers, a "Get-out-of-jail-free" card, a 2 of clubs and a green #5 Uno card"
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Keep voting, i'll probably put the results up in a week or so, depending on the likelihood of any more votes.
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Your Reject of 2009: Badoer - If he wasnt reject material before, he is now!
Your Driver of 2009 - Vettel - Although to be fair, Hamiltons 2nd half was also good
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009 - Hamilton pranging the car in Monaco - spent all the weekend talking up his chances only to cack it in Q1
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009 - Eddie Jordan - I still remember the Button put-down after Australia when the other guy (not DC) tried to imply he was better than Schumacher! :lol:
Your Favourite Race of 2009 - Belguim - It better not get scratched off again...
Your Team of 2009 - Brawn GP
Most Interesting Controversy - Formula elaborate bluff - Although 2009 was a very good/bad (depends on your humour) year for controversy...
Deadbeat Teammate - Nakajima - for 0 points, and eventually got beat by countryman Kobayashi. Although the Chello and Kovalinen are close.
Reject Team of 2009 - BMW - Backed out of the 2008 fight only to produce a dog for 2009, then throw a tantrum and pull out

As for forum awards, I havent been a member that long, so I dont think I have a right to give awards there :(
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

What is this, homework :(

Your Reject of 2009 - Piquet Jnr
Your Driver of 2009 - Vettel
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009 - Webber winning.
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009 - Nicole Skirtzinger (for jumping nicely)
Your Favourite Race of 2009 - Spa
Your Team of 2009 - Red Bull
Most Interesting Controversy - Lie gate
Deadbeat Teammate - Michael Schumacher who was too wise or too chicken to come and play
Reject Team of 2009 - Renault

F1 Rejects Forum

Some of these are not up for voting, they're based on statistics. The ones that are to be voted upon, everyone can vote, and then to choose a winner I and maybe some of the other high posters can decide (eg Best Post).

Most Valued Member (to be voted upon) Carlos Ferraria
Most Informed Post (to be voted upon) - Dunno, don't read informed posts
Funniest Post (again, to be voted upon) - The one with the duck in Valencia harbour
Best Overall Post
Funniest Member - Captain Hammer
Most Informed Member (by informed I essentially mean Captain Hammer) - Capain Hammer, otherwise he will sulk
Best Thread - Caption this
Funniest Thread - Caption this
Best Spam - Shoes
Most Obssesive Member - CH again, just give him the award for life
Friendliest Member (that sounds weird) - CF

{again, if you have any suggestions, feel free}

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't be intimidated by the amount of categories there, only vote on the ones you want to, if you want to at all. This idea just came to me and it might just work.[/quote]
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Real F1
Your Reject of 2009: Nelson Ângelo Tamsma Piquet Souto Maior, or Nelson Piquet Jr. in English
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009: Lewis Hamilton binning it at the last lap of the Monza GP
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009: Zoran Stefanovic
Most Interesting Controversy: FIA-FOTA war
Deadbeat Teammate: Kazuki Nakajima
Reject Team of 2009: BMW Sauber

F1 Rejects Forum
Most Valued Member: Kuwashima for running the show.
Most Informed Post: http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5458#p5458
Funniest Post: http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13488#p13488
Best Overall Post: http://f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15694#p15694
Funniest Member: Ross Prawn
Most Informed Member (by informed I essentially mean Captain Hammer): Essentially, Cap'n H.
Best Thread: Capricorn 1
Funniest Thread: HWNSNBM Facts
Best Spam: The first ever shoe spam
Most Obssesive Member: CarlosFerreira
Friendliest Member (that sounds weird): Shinji. Or CF.
Most Rejectful Post: http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7502#p7502
Most Rejectful Thread: http://www.f1rejects.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=625
Best Signature: Kostas22 ("Jack of all trades. Master of f**k all")
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
noisebox

Post by noisebox »

Your Reject of 2009 - Tilke dromes - F1 need long straight, big stop with wide exit for overtaking (see Spa, Interlagos) not difficult is it?
Your Driver of 2009 - Mark Webber - breakthrough year when it would've been so easy for him to be miles behind Vettel and hide behind his winter injuries
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009 - Fisi claiming pole at Spa
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009 - Jake Humphreys - brilliant job as BBC's F1 presenter and great BBC blog too
Your Favourite Race of 2009 - Brazil
Your Team of 2009 - Brawn, who else?
Most Interesting Controversy - Double diffuser - a genuine technical debate which was impossible to call
Deadbeat Teammate - Piquet Jnr
Reject Team of 2009 - tricky one, they slipped under the radar a bit in reject terms, but I think Renault with the talent and resources they had available sneak it
"will you stop him playing tennis then?", referring to Montoya's famous shoulder injury, to which Whitmarsh replied "well, it's very difficult to play tennis on a motorbike"
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I was going to suggest Most Anonymous Driver of the Year. I would vote for Nick Heidfeld as nobody noticed him despite a good season.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

redbulljack14 wrote:I was going to suggest Most Anonymous Driver of the Year. I would vote for Nick Heidfeld as nobody noticed him despite a good season.

I noticed that as well. When BMW had the uptick in form (after announcing they were leaving...), Kubica got an IIDOTR from the forum members, but Heidfeld never got one. Is Usually Quick Nick the most anonymous driver in the history of F1 ever?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:I was going to suggest Most Anonymous Driver of the Year. I would vote for Nick Heidfeld as nobody noticed him despite a good season.

I noticed that as well. When BMW had the uptick in form (after announcing they were leaving...), Kubica got an IIDOTR from the forum members, but Heidfeld never got one. Is Usually Quick Nick the most anonymous driver in the history of F1 ever?

Probably. He would probably win the award as long as he still raced. Its something that has plagued him through his career...
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Your Reject of 2009: Renault
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009: Mark Webber winning the German Grand Prix
Your Favourite Non-Driver personality of 2009: Zoran Stefanovic
Your Favourite Race of 2009: Brazil
Most Interesting Controversy: Crashgate
Deadbeat Teammate: Nelson Piquet Jr. / RRMMNNN GRRJJJNNNN
Reject Team of 2009: Renault. Honourable mentions to Toyota for pulling out after having their most promising season yet, a potential future star in Cowboy-ashi, and finally looking like they're actually starting to go somewhere.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Python

Post by Python »

Your Reject of 2009: Grosjean
Your Driver of 2009: Vettel and Kobayashi.
Your Favourite On Track Moment of 2009: Fisichella's pole!
Your Favourite Race of 2009: Spa Button got taken out of the race and I loved it, and Germanyfor Webber getting his first win.
Your Team of 2009: Red Bull and Toyota
Most Interesting Controversy: FIA-FOTA potential split, it brought up too many memories of CART-IRL spilt for me.
Deadbeat Teammate: I would like to say Badoer, but I'm going to say Bourdais for the fact that he never really got any better, and was beaten by a rookie team mate more often than him beating his team mate.
Reject Team of 2009: It is a tie between BMW Sauber and Renault. I never liked Renault that much and they wasted some potential this season. BMW why pretty decent last year, that success did not carry over to this year.
Last edited by Python on 11 Nov 2009, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
Best quote ever
watka wrote:There's only one fair way to settle this: a duel to first blood, using canes, and each of you must be wearing a top hat, waistcoat, and ascot tie.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Python wrote:Reject Team of 2009: Grosjean

I don't think that we have Grosjean GP in F1. ;)
Python

Post by Python »

Nuppiz wrote:

That is what I get for trying to do this and work at the same time.
Best quote ever
watka wrote:There's only one fair way to settle this: a duel to first blood, using canes, and each of you must be wearing a top hat, waistcoat, and ascot tie.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Python wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

That is what I get for trying to do this and work at the same time.

All attempts at multi-tasking end in failure.
Python

Post by Python »

shinji wrote:All attempts at multi-tasking end in failure.

I am usually much better at multi-tasking, but I guess this time I didn't do as well.
Best quote ever