F1RSTC 2016-2017--Round of Durham Tees (Page 5)

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Onxy Wrecked

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Provisional Calendar & Other Info(Page

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

If you see an Onyx Mustang not practice, it's safe to assume there is mechanical issues given the poor mechanical grip and unreliable engine. In the case of shared pits due to crowding, the Onyx cars will share a pit area and might only allow one car to practice in each session or both cars will practice in limited fashion.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:If you see an Onyx Mustang not practice, it's safe to assume there is mechanical issues given the poor mechanical grip and unreliable engine. In the case of shared pits due to crowding, the Onyx cars will share a pit area and might only allow one car to practice in each session or both cars will practice in limited fashion.

The Onyx Mustang's can share a pit garage with the Rob Lomas Racing Toyota's if they want ;)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

roblomas52 wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:If you see an Onyx Mustang not practice, it's safe to assume there is mechanical issues given the poor mechanical grip and unreliable engine. In the case of shared pits due to crowding, the Onyx cars will share a pit area and might only allow one car to practice in each session or both cars will practice in limited fashion.

The Onyx Mustang's can share a pit garage with the Rob Lomas Racing Toyota's if they want ;)

Or get some good tech tips from the Henri Racing Technologies camp since we have a complete M3 :lol:
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

go_Rubens wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:

Or get some good tech tips from the Henri Racing Technologies camp since we have a complete M3 :lol:

The Toyota has better build quality and bigger spares package than anything BMW could ship to the races :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

roblomas52 wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:The Onyx Mustang's can share a pit garage with the Rob Lomas Racing Toyota's if they want ;)

The Toyota has better build quality and bigger spares package than anything BMW could ship to the races :lol:

Jean-Phillipe Henri wrote:Are zou sure, man? I'd be more worried about your car zan mine based on ze testing resultz. My car has a very good package. Let'z leave it up to ze races to determine our fatez.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Guys, I got a bit of bad news...

...the computer I run F1RSTC on has died. I know why, but I don't know how. Simply put, I accidentally installed a malware on my computer by pressing the wrong button on a site somewhere,and ads started popping up left and right. And literally the moment I was about to remove it, I get a blue screen with loads of text and something saying about memory,and then the screen turns black with no shut down.Restart,screen hangs.

I don't know the full extent of the damage, and what I can recover, but F1RSTC will be on hold for quite a while. If anyone can help me with this problem,let me know. For reference, the adware is jdj . openmace.

I feel like such an idiot...
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
FantometteBR

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--PROBLEM (Page 4)

Post by FantometteBR »

Oh, crap...

Can you check it through safe mode or something?
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

WaffleCat wrote:Guys, I got a bit of bad news...

...the computer I run F1RSTC on has died. I know why, but I don't know how. Simply put, I accidentally installed a malware on my computer by pressing the wrong button on a site somewhere,and ads started popping up left and right. And literally the moment I was about to remove it, I get a blue screen with loads of text and something saying about memory,and then the screen turns black with no shut down.Restart,screen hangs.

I don't know the full extent of the damage, and what I can recover, but F1RSTC will be on hold for quite a while. If anyone can help me with this problem,let me know. For reference, the adware is jdj . openmace.

Sort of suspected something like this happened when we didn't get word for a while. That being said, I can only wish you good luck.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

I had a very similar problem a few years ago on my old PC. It started with stucking at the loading screen while booting and after a while it suddenly booted without a problem but i got blue screen half an hour later. In my case the RAM has died....
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

WaffleCat wrote:Guys, I got a bit of bad news...

I have a friend at collage who knows a fair bit on that stuff so I will ask him tomorrow when I see him.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Guys....good news!

After several attempts, I finally got to boot the computer with safe mode(thanks Fantomette) and uninstalled all programs that may have had a hand in the system,as well as deleting things that was taking too much space (who knew that Bratz game from my childhood would come back to haunt me?)

And...it worked! For now, that is. Obviously, I dunno whether something similar might happen again, but for now, it might be time to finally get off Vista and IE7 after 6 years and look for something...newer. Thankfully, it was nothing more than a scare, a freakout and a lesson learned not to click on ads that claim you can lose 50lb in a week accidentally.

As for F1RSTC, it is back on track and the first race should be up with the rest of the Spa Superprix which should be...very, very soon.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

the Masked Lapwing

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Crisis averted, first race soon

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I'm making a change with ZimSport's line-up after Cunningham's pathetic showing in the Lupo Cup for most of the season. Any volunteers to drive at one of the most hostile work environments in the world? :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

As agreed to in the IRC, Tomo Kazama will drive #77 car in the Spa round ;)
Trump 2016
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

I'm okay with one-off drives for teams and all, but here's a note to all replacements and one-offs...

Driver Stats are a MUST.

That means whoever owns Kazama (Super Aguri I do believe) and whoever is replacing Cunningham need their stats posted,and that goes with all future replacements. Refer to the OP for the info on how to apply driver stats.

Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

No, Kazama is my character alright, and her stats are as follows:
Speed 5 - Cornering 8
I hope that is alright, WaffleCat
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Klon wrote:No, Kazama is my character alright, and her stats are as follows:
Speed 5 - Cornering 8
I hope that is alright, WaffleCat

That's alright and perfectly within the rules,Klon. Now let's hope the xkoranate Random Generator gods be kind to you, and to everyone.

Oh,also that little malware thing that probably scared the living hell out of me and of everyone? Don't worry. Although my computer may be prone to random shutdowns, I finally was able to get a malware scan done and deleted everything malware related, so I should be safe and well to continue this series. Hopefully.

the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Change of plans. Since no one in their right mind wants to drive for ZimSport, Cunningham will drive the second Commodore anyway.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Okay then, all changes to the lineup have been made wherever possible and we are good to go!...

...if my computer did not fully shut itself down beforehand. Yep, the problem with my computer has returned and we are taking no chances, so we're going to either get our computer fixed professionally or maybe get a new computer altogether. Either way, this series will be on hold for quite a while. Sorry if my status on the series is changing more than the 2nd HRT seat in 2010, but I've made the decision to put the series on hold until everything's fixed up. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

go_Rubens

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Series ON HOLD

Post by go_Rubens »

Being in a family of geeks who know their way around computers, and ones that suffer problems often, I feel the pain. I'm willing to be patient, though. Good luck with the gremlins, man.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

WaffleCat

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Series ON HOLD

Post by WaffleCat »

Alright,good news and bad news.

Bad News (Barrett): I lost everything from my old computer bar a few picture files. A loss of 7 years worth on the computer, but thankfully only one or two things were important or necessary. Those one or two things were all my F1RSTC,New Boys on the Block and all other xkoranate and other stuff I do on this forum. Which means that all data and notes I took for this season are gone...

Good News: Thanks to the forums being more reliable than my computer (wierd,that), I was able to recover all signup data and stats for every driver, car and track. I'll make sure to keep a thumb drive handy next time this happens.

Also, I redownloaded xkoranate, which means that when everything is ready, qualifying should be up soon, like around...

...like around right now.
--------------------------------------------------------------
F1RSTC 2016-17 Official Race Reports: Round of Spa--Qualifying

Qualifying 1

Code: Select all

Round of Spa-Qualifying 1
 1 Jan van der Maeyede (Plus One-Jaguar)              2:24.442
 2 Jasper Lerby (Mazzacane-Mercedes)                  2:24.670
 3 Antonio Menzache (Loyer-Jaguar)                    2:24.694
 4 David Anderson (RK Motorsports-Nissan)             2:24.792
 5 Dean Melville (ZimSport-Holden)                    2:24.802
 6 Thomas Westenberg (Hunter-Rover)                   2:24.889
 7 Claude Ronald de Silva II (RK Motorsports-Nissan)  2:24.918
 8 Arthur Daniels (Globex Scorpio-Holden)             2:25.041
 9 Juan Jose Rendon (Nimbus-Sierra)                   2:25.044
10 Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää (Henri Racing-M3)           2:25.055
11 Sam Baronomo (Tassie-Rover)                        2:25.365
12 Clément Grandmaison (Henri Racing-M3)              2:25.378

13 Helena Bertinelli (Euromotor-M635CSi)              2:25.399
14 Kazuki Hisakawa (Hunter-Rover)                     2:25.400
15 Norman McHugh (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                  2:25.427
16 Martin McGovern (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)             2:25.453
17 Carl Jordan (Tassie-Rover)                         2:25.458
18 Steve White (Urusus-Mustang)                       2:25.626
19 Markus van der Schoot (Volvo Europe-Volvo)         2:25.704
20 Asmir Landovic (Restov-Mercedes)                   2:25.725
21 Etsuko Hayase (Vega Co,Ltd.-Mazda)                 2:25.804
22 Leandro Moreira (Pulsar-Sierra)                    2:25.968
23 Hubert Loyer (Loyer-Jaguar)                        2:25.977
24 Daniel Wenroth (Euromotor-M635CSi)                 2:25.988
-------------------^ Through to Q2----------------------------------

25 Tommy Morton (M.O.T-M635CSi)                       2:26.011
26 Kalliope Spiros (Onyx-Mustang)                     2:26.015
27 Sope Stever (Plus One-Jaguar)                      2:26.052
28 Fernando Costas (Union Saver-Holden)               2:26.102
29 Allistair McHale (Union Saver-M3)                  2:26.135
30 Peter Seliga (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                   2:26.143
31 José Pablo Mazzacane (Mazzacane-Mercedes)          2:26.221
32 Alvin Zeigler (H.P.R-Mazda)                        2:26.255
33 John Cunningham (ZimSport-Holden)                  2:26.271
34 Tomo Kazama (Crusaders-Volvo)                      2:26.338
35 Julian Clark (H.P.R-Mazda)                         2:26.406
36 Lorenzo Crescenzi (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)           2:26.600
37 Hjalmar Bergenheim (Onyx-Mustang)                  2:26.631

38 Hilton Blain (Hilton Blain-Alfa)                   2:26.672
39 David Tenpecost (GenTenp-Lancia)                   2:26.752
40 Jiri Komárek (Pulsar-Sierra)                       2:27.034
41 Johnny Boudermann (Globex Scorpio-Holden)          2:27.044
42 Aaron Bellman (Lancia UK-Lancia)                   2:27.111
-----------------------------DNQ------------------------------------
43 Andrew Hector (Volvo Europe-Volvo)                 2:27.383
44 Gonzalo Solari (Douglas-Cliff-Supra)               2:27.963
45 Dan Blackman (Rob Lomas-Supra)                     2:28.231
46 Eduardo Alimento (Restov-Mercedes)                 2:28.855
47 Veli Waltari (Rob Lomas-Supra)                     2:28.880
48 Pierre Depault (Douglas-Cliff Supra)               2:31.130

The action at the second weekend of the Spa Superprix got underway with the very first qualifying session of the 2016-2017 F1RSTC season. Before this weekend, the F1RSTC looked to be in trouble, as the timing equipment in Spa suffered a momentary shutdown just before qualifying, but it was restored and running fresh by the time cars took to the track. And in Q1, Jan van der Maeyede took to the relatively chilly track to set an amazing time by Group A standards, a 2:21.4 placing him on pole...though this is just the first session. Notable names near the top include Jasper Lerby, the man who ran Martin McGovern right to the wire last year, and McGovern himself is sitting comfortably in the zone to continue to Q2. Dean Melville may have failed his F3RWRS campaign this year, but he seems to be getting his F1RSTC championship hopes high, especially with a performance like this. However, you can't say the same for Jiri Komárek, who despite a decent run last season, he has flailed to get off the mark, barely scraping past the dreaded DNQ zone. Joining him the "decent last year but nearly DNQed" club is Lorenzo Crescenzi,whose bad luck streak continues when he messed up his braking horribly at Bus Stop time and time again, with one time looking like he could claim 'pole'. Instead, he broke far too early on his one clean lap, and is dreadfully unlucky considering he was fastest through Pouhon.

As for those that actually DNQ'ed, entire teams failed to qualify, including all four of the dreadfully slow but incredibly reliable Supras, with Pierre Depault almost not even trying. Andrew Hector DNQs after being slowest in practice,but one name sticks out the most. Eduardo Alimento. He's a newcomer to the RWRS circle of racing, but he set fifth quickest in practice,and was all set for qualifying, when the car grinded to a halt as he coasted the finish line for his one and only time,and ends up as a surprise on the DNQ list despite being new.

Qualifying 2

Round of Spa-Qualifying 2
 1 Jan van der Maeyede (Plus One-Jaguar)              2:24.032
 2 Kazuki Hisakawa (Hunter-Rover)                     2:24.421
 3 Carl Jordan (Tassie-Rover)                         2:24.656
 4 David Anderson (RK Motorsports-Nissan)             2:24.996
 5 Daniel Wenroth (Euromotor-M635CSi)                 2:25.168
 6 Norman McHugh (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                  2:25.205
 7 Martin McGovern (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)             2:25.265
 8 Helena Bertinelli (Euromotor-M635CSi)              2:25.299
 9 Sam Baronomo (Tassie-Rover)                        2:25.302
10 Steve White (Urusus-Mustang)                       2:25.335
11 Claude Ronald de Silva II (RK Motorsports-Nissan)  2:25.341
12 Jasper Lerby (Mazzacane-Mercedes)                  2:25.774

13 Arthur Daniels (Globex Scoripio-Holden)            2:26.184
14 Antonio Menzache (Loyer-Jaguar)                    2:26.429
15 Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää (Henri Racing-M3)           2:26.449
16 Asmir Landovic (Restov-Mercedes)                   2:27.139
17 Dean Melville (ZimSport-Holden)                    2:27.187
18 Juan Jose Rendon (Nimbus-Sierra)                   2:27.201
19 Leandro Moreira (Pulsar-Sierra)                    2:28.384
20 Markus van der Schoot (Volvo Europe-Volvo)         2:28.389
21 Hubert Loyer (Loyer-Jaguar)                        2:29.246
22 Clément Grandmaison (Henri Racing-M3)              2:29.247
23 Etsuko Hayase (Vega Co,Ltd.-Mazda)                 2:30.198
24 Thomas Westenberg (Hunter-Rover)                   2:31.755

When only one guy improves on your Q1 time, you know you're the man to beat on this track. And that is exactly who Jan van der Maeyede is.The sun peeked behind the clouds for this 3-lap superpole session, and Jan van der Maeyede took full advantage of it,setting a time 4 tenths faster than the rest, and claming the championship lead with 2 points for pole. Kazuki Hisakawa wwas the next driver on the front row, putting the Rover near the top, proving that the Rovers and Jaguars like Spa. Need proof? 4 out of the top 10 cars were Rovers or Jaaags. The Nissan Skylines did fairly well, reigning champ McGovern qualifying 7th and David Anderson sneaking 4th, with the two Euromotor M635CSi's and the surprise of the day, Norman McHugh in an Alfa placing that car where no Alfa should be on a track as full-throttle as Spa.

However, many drivers failed to set even passable lap times, like Hisakawa's teammate Thomas Westenberg or the unusual Etsuko Hayase and so on. Well, the superpole format caught them out by surprise,with Westenberg stuffing up all three laps a la Crescenzi, and Hayase spinning on the first lap at the turn with no name did no good to his tyres or his times. Thankfully, this session means that, no matter what time they set, they're in the top 24 on the grid.

Starting Grid

ROW 1: van der Maeyede--Hisakawa
ROW 2: Jordan--Anderson
ROW 3: Wenroth--McHugh
ROW 4: McGovern--Bertinelli
ROW 5: Baronomo--White
ROW 6: Ronald de Silva II--Lerby
ROW 7: Daniels--Menzache
ROW 8: Kankaanpää--Landovic
ROW 9: Melville--Rendon
ROW 10: Moreira--van der Schoot
ROW 11: Loyer--Grandmaison
ROW 12: Hayase--Westenberg
ROW 13: Morton--Spiros
ROW 14: Stever--Costas
ROW 15: McHale--Seliga
ROW 16: Mazzacane--Zeigler
ROW 17: Cunningham--Kazama
ROW 18: Clark--Crescenzi
ROW 19: Bergenheim--Blain
ROW 20:Tenpecost--Komárek
ROW 21: Boudermann--Bellman
-----------------------------------------------------------------

So, as you can see, everything is in order, I have my thumb drive at the ready so that I don't have to filter through everything in case of another computer crash, and the season is underway. Of course, I had the difficult task of explaining how Thomas Westenberg set a slower time than Pierre FREAKING Depault in Q2, but I guess that's how xkoranate works,right? I'll play around with the settings in future races to ensure this does not happen again.

go_Rubens

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Spa Qualifying Up (Page 4)

Post by go_Rubens »

The M3s don't have too good top speed. But I was expecting around where Kankaanpää and Grandmaison in terms of qualy pace, so let's hope for reliability to help us along.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

DNQ and DNQ for Old Farts United. We're doing well boys :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

26th and 37th? Sounds alright, but Steve White in the Ursus Mustang will be the top Mustang driver.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Assured we are going to fight for win or else
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Wait just a second. Since when USD race two different types of car here? Costas should be driving also an M3, not a Holden! Foul play!
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

SeedStriker wrote:Wait just a second. Since when USD race two different types of car here? Costas should be driving also an M3, not a Holden! Foul play!

Honest mistake...both drivers have the same car stats,don't worry...just that they completely,honestly didn't drive different cars. Honestly. Stats = same as M3...

Erm...now how do I fix this mistake...Ah. SeedStriker,if you wouldn't mind looking directly at the red light,will you...

Right. Fernando Costas and Allistair McHale qualified 28th and 29th,and they were driving the exact same car. Exact same,no changes, no upgrades, no downgrades, exact same.

I couldn't resist to mention MIB. Honestly, stats are indeed the same, it's just assigning team names at 5 in the morning may affect one's ability to recognize which car belongs to who.

WaffleCat

Round of Spa

Post by WaffleCat »

F1RSTC Official Race Report--Race 1: Round of Spa

Round of Spa--Race (29 Laps)
 1 Jasper Lerby (Mazzacane-Mercedes)                    1:15:12.264
 2 Kazuki Hisakawa (Hunter-Rover)                       1:15:16.669
 3 Markus van der Schoot (Volvo Europe-Volvo)           1:15:20.426
 4 Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää (Henri Racing-M3)             1:15:20.872
 5 Juan Jose Rendon (Nimbus-Sierra)                     1:15:27.388
 6 Peter Seliga (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                     1:15:36.595
 7 Sam Baronomo (Tassie-Rover)                          1:15:47.894
 8 Sope Stever (Plus One-Jaguar)                        1:15:54.779
 9 Antonio Menzache (Loyer-Jaguar)                      1:15:54.818
10 Etsuko Hayase (Vega Co,Ltd.-Mazda)                   1:15:59.255
11 Helena Bertinelli (Euromotor-M635CSi)                1:16:06.330
12 Tommy Morton (M.O.T-M635CSi)                         1:16:13.251

13 Lorenzo Crescenzi (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)             1:16:14.101
14 Hubert Loyer (Loyer-Jaguar)                          1:16:14.723
15 Asmir Landovic (Restov-Mercedes)                     1:16:29.041
16 Kalliope Spiros (Onyx-Mustang)                       1:16:34.470
17 Arthur Daniels (Globex Scorpio-Holden)               1:16:36.429
18 Daniel Wenroth (Euromotor-M635CSi)                   1:16:36.689
19 Hilton Blain (Hilton Blain-Alfa)                     1:16:42.729
20 Johnny Boudermann (Globex Scorpio-Holden)            1:16:44.834
21 Fernando Costas (Union Saver-M3)                     1:16:48.377
22 Leandro Moreira (Pulsar-Sierra)                      1:16:55.756
23 Dean Melville (ZimSport-Holden)                      1:16:59.935
24 Alvin Zeigler (H.P.R-Mazda)                          1:17:15.911
25 Aaron Bellman (Lancia UK-Lancia)                     1:17:46.825

26 Julian Clark (H.P.R-Mazda)                                -1 lap
27 Hjalmar Bergenheim (Onyx-Mustang)                         -1 lap
 - Jan van der Maeyede (Plus One-Jaguar)                 DNF lap 28
   Claude Ronald de Silva II (RK Motorsports-Nissan)     DNF lap 26
   John Cunningham (ZimSport-Holden)                     DNF lap 21
   David Anderson (RK Motorsports-Nissan)                DNF lap 20
   Tomo Kazama (Crusaders-Volvo)                         DNF lap 17
   Jiri Komárek (Pulsar-Sierra)                          DNF lap 15
   Thomas Westenberg (Hunter-Rover)                      DNF lap 15
   Martin McGovern (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)                DNF lap 12
   Allistair McHale (Union Saver-M3)                     DNF lap 12
   José Pablo Mazzacane (Mazzacane-Mercedes)             DNF lap 10
   Steve White (Urusus-Mustang)                           DNF lap 7

Clément Grandmaison (Henri Racing-M3)                  DNF lap 6
   Carl Jordan (Tassie-Rover)                             DNF lap 5
   David Tenpecost (GenTenp-Lancia)                       DNF lap 4
   Norman McHugh (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                      DNF lap 1

A massive, huge what could have been story. Evidently, the cars were slightly more older and aged than in the previous season, and it showed with nearly half the field suffering retirements from mechanical failure, excepting an incident between Jiri Komarek and Thomas Westenberg,which we'll get to later. Like in qualifying though, it was van der Maeyede from the off, as he balsted off the line and looked to be giving a masterclass performance. Norman McHugh stalled on the grid from 6th, which evidently caused a lot of panic, but none more to David Tenpecost,who clipped poor McHugh as he was looking for a way past Komarek, and the resulting damage done did not see him pull into the pits, but the car slowly wore down,piece by piece, until the radiator could take no more, and Tenpecost was out. Another similarly crappy start came from Daniel Wenroth, whose car dribbled for a while before setting off. As Wenroth and McHugh were on the same row, there was even more cause for panic as everyone down to Claude Ronald de Silva II-three rows back- on the outside had to take to the grass to avoid a certain collision. Three people who really benefitted were Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää, Markus van der Schoot and Jasper Lerby, especially Markus van der Schoot, who is probably the only mad enough to make a boxy Volvo squeeze through the same gap as an M3.

The front was getting boring,dull and into a lull, as the top four on the grid plus the three aforementioned drivers got a lead thanks to the silly start, forming a seven car train that became a six car canal after Carl Jordan's blown gasket gapped David Anderson and ahead to Lerby and behind. Thankfully, the dullness at the front was complimented with retirements at the back with last years championship challengers Mazzacane and McGovern comically parked next to each other snuggly at the La Source run-off. Scary incident of the day belonged to Thomas Westenberg and Jiri Komárek on lap 15,when the former sailed straight on into the barriers,scattering debris at the Fagnes esses. Komárek then went into said run-off,got Westenbergs quarterpanel lodged under his front wheels,gave Aaron Bellman a close call to remember and ending his race with a magnificent crunch. Both were fine, though Bellman was most affected,having soiled a clean racing suit after that scare.

With a few laps to go,say lap 20,things got hot at the front. Lerby had ditched van der Schoot and Kankaanpää, who were having their own private scrap, and caught up to Anderson with incredibly pace, probably due to the pace of the Mercedes. Anderson pulled alongside to let Lerby pass...and pulled off the road altogether when his engine was creating more smoke than his lock-up in Les Combes a lap earlier. Hisakawa found some ROVER POWER to creep up on van der Maeyede, not on his bumper but still... there. Creeping up closer,though, was Lerby, finding the pace that oh-so nearly won him the cup last year. Lerby played the smart card,drafting with the Japanese to creep up on Lerby, while van der Schoot had his hands full of Finnish Fire behind him.

With two laps to go, Lerby decided to go for it. Not into La Source, but into Eau Rouge. With Julian Clark's slow in a straight line Mazda right in front of the duo. It takes balls the size of the Moon or brains the size of an ant to go three wide into Eau Rouge. Clark, possesing none of those factors, chickened out onto the grass at Radillion. Hisakawa and Lerby were so preoccupied with this and going side-by-freaking side into Eau Rouge and through Radillion that they had failed to notice one factor: van der Maeyede was slowing. Hard. Not slowing as in "taking it easy" slow. Slowing as in "My engine has died and may catch bathplugging fire anytime soon" slowing. van der Maeyede parked his car on the outside of the crest of Radillion. Hisakawa and Lerby were going side by side,Lerby on the inside,Hisakawa outside on that final left handed 'jump', not aware a stalled Jaguar was near. Only one thing could possibly happen.

Whiff.

Hisakawa caught sight of van der Maeyede in the last second, and took quick evasive action to the outside,sliding and slipping trying to keep the unstable Rover under control in what is bound to be an iconic image in F1RSTC's short history. Thanks to a tap of the wall,Hisakawa could continue, but Lerby was far,far,far ahead by then,and Mazzacane Motorsport continue their winning ways in F1RSTC at the Spa Superprix! Hisakawa finish second, while van der Schoot and Kankaanpää fought right to the wire, with the Dutchman barely ahead of Jukka-Pekka for the final podium position. Juan Jose Rendon had a quiet but solid run into fifth, sitxth to Seliga, seventh to Baronomo, eigth to the enigma behind Kawartha's aliens Spoe Stever, ninth went to Antonio Menzache and the final points paying position to Etsuko Hayase. Jan van der Maeyede gets two points for a pole, but had his engine lasted two more laps,it would be a seventeen. Shame.

-------------------------------------------------

Driver's Standings--Round 1

1. Jasper Lerby--15
2. Kazuki Hisakawa--12
3. Markus van der Schoot--10
4. Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää--8
5. Juan Jose Rendon--6
6. Peter Seliga--5
7.Sam Baronomo--4
8. Sope Stever--3
9. Antonio Menzache--2
10. Etsuko Hayase--1

Reject of the Race: Norman McHugh. It's bad when you can't get off the line well. Worse if you can't continue. In any other race or situation,he would be safe from rejectdom. However, his row three position of the grid and coupled with the slug-starting Wenroth alongside him, he caused unecessary chaos and thus gets reject of the race. Added to the fact that it's quite rare to see a stalled car on the grid- that is, unless you're watching IFRC or LifeGP.
-----------------------------------------

ryangregg12345

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Round of Spa Up (Page 4)

Post by ryangregg12345 »

Well that's a shame for McHugh to stall on the grid :(
But on the other hand, Seliga scored points for Gregg Racing :D That has made my day
1989 Monaco Grand Prix
Murray Walker: Rene says the reason he is going so slow is because he’s used to turbo cars, and these exasperated engine cars are a different kettle of fish to drive.
James Hunt: And all I can say to that is bullsh*t.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Jasper Lerby wrote:That was a good race for me today! I made a mistake in qualifying, which meant I had to start in 12th. But the car was great all weekend long, so I was able to make up a lot of places. Of course I was a bit lucky with all these mechanical failures, but still, that's a part of motorsport. A win is always the best way to start a new season.

José Pablo Mazzacane wrote:Congratulations to Jasper! My own weekend was absolutely terrible after promising test sessions. There must already have been something wrong with the car during qualifying, and during the race it just broke down.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää wrote:Today was fantastic. We had a good car in the race and benefited from attrition to take the fight to the rest. Shame we were off the podium, but this is only my first race in this series, so I'm very pleased with the car, the tram, and most of all myself, which is very important. Woohoo!

Clément Grandmaison wrote:Eh bien, c'est une honte nous nous sommes retirés six tours po Mais la voiture a terminé quatrième dans les mains de Jukka-Pekka, l'équipe et moi-même sommes très heureux, comme Spa n'est pas une piste pour une M3. Dommage que la voiture avait des problèmes de fiabilité, mais c'est à prévoir. Sur le prochain tour!

Well, there you have it, and Grandmaison doesn't speak too good English, so he just speaks French most of the time :lol:
Last edited by go_Rubens on 01 Feb 2014, 14:03, edited 2 times in total.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

A joke driver scoring points? Top lel. :D
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
ryangregg12345

Post by ryangregg12345 »

Norman McHugh wrote:Today was nothing but absolute shite. My bloody car wouldn't start and I barely got off the starting grid. Then that ratbag Tenpecost clipped me. If I can't win any races this season, I can't possibly stay at this crappy team! I QUIT!

Norman McHugh has angrily quit the Gregg Racing team after his first-lap DNF, also quite embarrassed at being the Reject of the Race.

He will be replaced for the rest of the season by Richard Young who will compete in all races that don't clash with his RRC campaign, so round 3, which does, will feature Trevor Phillips driving #99.

Peter Seliga has been rewarded for his points finish by Ryan Gregg, the team boss of Gregg Racing, with the Slovenian being awarded a drive in the RTCC for 2017.

Peter Seliga wrote:It is an absolute honour to be in the points in my very first race! I cannot believe I will be competing in the RTCC next year! Hvala, Gregg Racing! Slovenija! Slovenija! Slovenija!
1989 Monaco Grand Prix
Murray Walker: Rene says the reason he is going so slow is because he’s used to turbo cars, and these exasperated engine cars are a different kettle of fish to drive.
James Hunt: And all I can say to that is bullsh*t.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

FMecha wrote:A joke driver scoring points? Top lel. :D

And two Onyx Mustangs finishing an attrition filled race? Yep, it's worthy of top lel as the odds of this aren't likely given the nature of the Mustang or the joke driver ahead of said Mustangs.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

ryangregg12345 wrote:
Norman McHugh wrote:Today was nothing but absolute shite. My bloody car wouldn't start and I barely got off the starting grid. Then that ratbag Tenpecost clipped me. If I can't win any races this season, I can't possibly stay at this crappy team! I QUIT!

Norman McHugh has angrily quit the Gregg Racing team after his first-lap DNF, also quite embarrassed at being the Reject of the Race.

He will be replaced for the rest of the season by Richard Young who will compete in all races that don't clash with his RRC campaign, so round 3, which does, will feature Trevor Phillips driving #99.

Peter Seliga has been rewarded for his points finish by Ryan Gregg, the team boss of Gregg Racing, with the Slovenian being awarded a drive in the RTCC for 2017.

Peter Seliga wrote:It is an absolute honour to be in the points in my very first race! I cannot believe I will be competing in the RTCC next year! Hvala, Gregg Racing! Slovenija! Slovenija! Slovenija!

Okay then, but I will need both Young's and Trevor Phillip's stats by tommorrow,otherwise McHugh will remain in the car.

Sorry for the lack of updates,but school has taken quite a bit of my time, not to mention beginning my first true search for a close friend of the opposite gender,so to speak. [dr_baker mode activated]

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Right, having not recieved any info from ryangregg on his replacement's stats,McHugh takes back his word and will remain in the car for this round,though the replacement can still take effect after this round, provided that stats for both drivers come my way.

And after a hiatus filled with lectures, tutorials, new school orientation, extra curricular activity baazars and dancing with a bunch of amazing friends,Round 2...is here!

-----------------------------------------------

F1RSTC Official Race Reports: Round of Buenos Aires--Qualifying

INFO:The Round of Buenos Aires will not take place on the post-1995 layout used by the F1RWRS for this weekend, but it will use the extension around the lake,newly paved for F1RSTC.

Qualifying 1

1 Asmir Landovic (Restov-Mercedes)                   1:58.199
 2 Lorenzo Crescenzi (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)           1:58.482
 3 Arthur Daniels (Globex Scorpio-Holden)             1:58.653
 4 Dean Melville (ZimSport-Holden)                    1:58.682
 5 Kalliope Spiros (Onyx-Mustang)                     1:58.694
 6 Domenico Nicchi (Crusaders-Volvo)                  1:58.752
 7 David Anderson (RK Motorsports-Nissan)             1:58.753
 8 José Pablo Mazzacane (Mazzacane-Mercedes)          1:58.901
 9 Sope Stever (Plus One-Jaguar)                      1:59.034
10 Claude Ronald de Silva II (RK Motorsports-Nissan)  1:59.182
11 Eduardo Alimento (Restov-Mercedes)                 1:59.289
12 Jasper Lerby (Mazzacane-Mercedes)                  1:59.307
13 David Tenpecost (GenTenp-Lancia)                   1:59.341

14 Johnny Boudermann (Globex Scorpio-Holden)          1:59.470
15 Kazuki Hisakawa (Hunter-Rover)                     1:59.478
16 Thomas Westenberg (Hunter-Rover)                   1:59.481
17 Etsuko Hayase (Vega Co,Ltd.-Mazda)                 1:59.575
18 Allistair McHale (Union Saver-M3)                  1:59.626
19 Jan van der Maeyede (Plus One-Jaguar)              1:59.685
20 Fernando Costas (Union Saver-M3)                   1:59.711
21 Daniel Wenroth (Euromotor-M635CSi)                 1:59.804
22 Norman McHugh (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                  1:59.831
23 Hjalmar Bergenheim (Onyx-Mustang)                  1:59.858
24 Clément Grandmaison (Henri Racing-M3)              1:59.965
---------------------------^Through to Q2---------------------------

25 Sam Baronomo (Tassie-Rover)                        1:59.976
26 Aaron Bellman (Lancia UK-Lancia)                   2:00.046
27 Jiri Komárek (Pulsar-Sierra)                       2:00.078
28 Helena Bertinelli (Euromotor-M635CSi)              2:00.116
29 Andrew Hector (Volvo Europe-Volvo)                 2:00.135
30 Martin McGovern (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)             2:00.224
31 Tommy Morton (M.O.T-M635CSi)                       2:00.379
32 Juan Jose Rendon (Nimbus-Sierra)                   2:00.394
33 Antonio Menzache (Loyer-Jaguar)                    2:00.777
34 Hilton Blain (Hilton Blain-Alfa)                   2:00.869
35 Gonzalo Solari (Douglas-Cliff-Supra)               2:00.881
36 Hubert Loyer (Loyer-Jaguar)                        2:01.145
37 Markus van der Schoot (Volvo Europe-Volvo)         2:01.225

38 Jukka-Pekka Kankaanpää (Henri Racing-M3)           2:01.465
39 Veli Waltari (Rob Lomas-Supra)                     2:01.525
40 Carl Jordan (Tassie-Rover)                         2:01.526
41 Leandro Moreira (Pulsar-Sierra)                    2:01.759
42 John Cunningham (ZimSport-Holden)                  2:01.895
---------------------------------DNQ------------------------------
43 Steve White (Urusus-Mustang)                       2:02.129
44 Julian Clark (H.P.R-Mazda)                         2:02.242
45 Dan Blackman (Rob Lomas-Supra)                     2:02.802
46 Alvin Zeigler (H.P.R-Mazda)                        2:03.208
47 Peter Seliga (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                   2:03.844
48 Pierre Depault (Douglas-Cliff Supra)               2:07.817

Autodromo Juan y Oscar Galvez, in its F1RWRS configuration, is tight, technical and provides little change of opening up the throttle to full. The F1RSTC layout,though, is fast,flowing and allows plenty of time for the taps to be opened. This meant more powerful cars had an advantage here, something to savour before Luxembourg comes around. Asmir Landovic took full use of the power of the Mercedes and set a time fast enough to go quickest in this qualifying session. Lorenzo Crescenzi and Arthur Daniels benefitted likewise, as well as each of the top 10 cars can be claimed as "powerful". However, there is still a few turns on the track,notably the long turn 3 and the tight combination from 7 to 13. A perfect line through here helped some people overcome the power disadvantage to climb into Q2, like David Tenpecost,Etsuko Hayase and Norman McHugh,whose claims of leaving F1RSTC proved unfounded. Other cars had a nightmare in the twisty bits,especially John Cunningham and Steve White,who had horrible final sectors,ruling Cunningham out of Q2 and White off the grid altogether. With both H.P.Rs, two Supras of different teams and Peter Seliga, who was unfortunate enough to have an Alfa as reliable as Singapore's train system,this meant one thing:

GONZALO SOLARI MADE IT ON THE GRID.

Qualifying 2

Round of Beunos Aires-Qualifying 2
 1 Lorenzo Crescenzi (Lavezzi Corse-Nissan)           1:56.806
 2 Dean Melville (ZimSport-Holden)                    1:57.081
 3 Asmir Landovic (Restov-Mercedes)                   1:57.152
 4 Arthur Daniels (Globex Scoripio-Holden)            1:57.154
 5 Jasper Lerby (Mazzacane-Mercedes)                  1:57.541
 6 Domenico Nicchi (Crusaders-Volvo)                  1:57.641
 7 Thomas Westenberg (Hunter-Rover)                   1:57.803
 8 David Anderson (RK Motorsports-Nissan)             1:57.809
 9 Etsuko Hayase (Vega Co,Ltd.-Mazda)                 1:57.973
10 Norman McHugh (Gregg Racing-Alfa)                  1:58.036
11 Kazuki Hisakawa (Hunter-Rover)                     1:58.154
12 Eduardo Alimento (Restov-Mercedes)                 1:58.166

13 David Tenpecost (GenTenp-Lancia)                   1:58.333
14 Kalliope Spiros (Onyx-Mustang)                     1:58.424
15 Jan van der Maeyede (Plus One-Jaguar)              1:58.761
16 Claude Ronald de Silva II (RK Motorsports-Nissan)  1:59.407
17 Clément Grandmaison (Henri Racing-M3)              1:59.612
18 Johnny Boudermann (Globex Scorpio-Holden)          1:59.894
19 Hjalmar Bergenheim (Onyx-Mustang)                  2:00.159
20 José Pablo Mazzacane (Mazzacane-Mercedes)          2:00.216
21 Sope Stever (Plus One-Jaguar)                      2:00.385
22 Allistair McHale (Union Saver-M3)                  2:01.024
23 Fernando Costas (Union Saver-M3)                   2:01.907
24 Daniel Wenroth (Euromotor-M635CSi)                 2:02.535

With the rubber now fully laid out with rubber from F1RWRS practice and the first qualifying session, the second qualifying session had much, much faster times. The fastest of the lot was Mr unlucky last season, Lorenzo Crescenzi, who takes pole for Nissan and Lavezzi Corse, something his teammate wishes he could have done to keep his title, but unfortunately fell out after Q1. Dean Melville continued to impress,placing second on the grid in his Holden with Asmir Landovic third,who couldn't quite replicate his success in Q1.

The story of the session was the brand new rubber out on the track. Strangely, despite all the good points belonging to grip, which further propelled Hayase, McHugh and Tenpecost up the grip, there was the unusual case of cars having a more difficult time reaching top speed on the long straights due to friction. This notably affected Kalliope Spiros, who had the fastest sector 2 of all Holdens, but the friction limited his progress to 14th. Marbles were also playing their full,slippery force, as Daniel Wenroth found out when an attempt to late brake Eduardo Alimento into turn 5 for better track position went awry at the end of the long straight, as the car sailed straight across the track and bumped along the grass,which reportedly damaged his suspension.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by WaffleCat on 16 Feb 2014, 06:03, edited 1 time in total.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Why does Q1 say that Grandmaison made it to Q2, while the Q2 results don't even show his name? :?

Was he given a penalty I never knew about? Disqualified, even? Whatever happened, I don't know.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

go_Rubens wrote:Why does Q1 say that Grandmaison made it to Q2, while the Q2 results don't even show his name? :?

Was he given a penalty I never knew about? Disqualified, even? Whatever happened, I don't know.

Erm......can someone give me a massive facepalm smiley or image for that one?

Results will be fixed soon.

RonDenisDeletraz

Re: F1RSTC 2016-2017--Buenos Aires Qualifying (Page 4)

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

How the bathplug was Hector not on the DNQ list
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:How the bathplug was Hector not on the DNQ list

I'm still trying to figure out why one of my M3s was soooo slow. Nearly to the point of DNQ! And the other one got through to Q2.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Very dissapointing qualifying for Loyer. Hopefully the race will be better...