2017 Le Mans Cup - 12h of Le Castellet in preparation

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
V8fan12

Re: 2017 ACO LMC - signups still open / driver signing

Post by V8fan12 »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
V8fan12 wrote:
GMBR Press Release wrote:
Glacier Mont Blanc Racing are pleased to announce the addition of Swede Ragnar Larsen to our LMP1 team.

The signing further strengthens our already top-class lineup, which includes Sebastien Bourdais, J.C. Wolf, and Randall Wade.

We are still looking for a experienced driver to fill our remaining seats.

OOC: Would the owners of Vic Sunset, Lazlow Jones, and Serge Blanco please get back to me about whether their drivers would be interested in the remaining seats? Thanks. Also, anyone else who has drivers that would be willing to compete for GMBR are welcome to express their interest. For the lineup change, see the wiki.

I own Vic Sunset. Which team wants to use him and in what races? I may cancel my one-off entry if someone wants him for a race.

My team (Glacier Mont Blanc Racing) would like to offer Mr. Sunset a seat at their LMP1 team for the full season. Is that ok?
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

V8fan12 wrote:

My team (Glacier Mont Blanc Racing) would like to offer Mr. Sunset a seat at their LMP1 team for the full season. Is that ok?

Well Sunset's also has the NC round of GTRWC to participate in, but other than that Sunset will take the drive.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Feel free to run Blanco if you want him.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:
V8fan12 wrote:

Well Sunset's also has the NC round of GTRWC to participate in, but other than that Sunset will take the drive.

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Feel free to run Blanco if you want him.

Thanks. Nice doing business with you both.

One thing, what tier would Sunset and Blanco be?

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

V8fan12 wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:
V8fan12 wrote:

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Feel free to run Blanco if you want him.

Thanks. Nice doing business with you both.

One thing, what tier would Sunset and Blanco be?

Well VIc raced in LGPS and F1GP2C, and did well in LGPS in particular, so he would either be a high-level silver or low-level gold.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Well VIc raced in LGPS and F1GP2C, and did well in LGPS in particular, so he would either be a high-level silver or low-level gold.

It depends day by day which of the two he is - if he forgot to take his 'roids, he's a mediocre silver at best.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Biscione wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:Well VIc raced in LGPS and F1GP2C, and did well in LGPS in particular, so he would either be a high-level silver or low-level gold.

It depends day by day which of the two he is - if he forgot to take his 'roids, he's a mediocre silver at best.

Ok I'll put him down as Silver. Would Blanco be silver or bronze?

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Biscione wrote:

You seem to have confused Sunset for Jose Braggia. Now, there was a 'roid monkey, the likes of which the world has never seen.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Salamander wrote:
Biscione wrote:

You seem to have confused Sunset for Jose Braggia. Now, there was a 'roid monkey, the likes of which the world has never seen.

Well Sunset lead at least half of the 1993 season, so I would think those results could bump him up at least a little...
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Well Sunset lead at least half of the 1993 season, so I would think those results could bump him up at least a little...

So should I put him as Gold tier then?

CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

V8fan12 wrote:
CaptainGetz12 wrote:Well Sunset lead at least half of the 1993 season, so I would think those results could bump him up at least a little...

So should I put him as Gold tier then?

I wouldnt mind either, but I think Gold makes more sense.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Glacier Mont Blanc Racing full ACO Le Mans Cup plans

LMP1 Medium Team
(Glacier Mont Blanc Racing)
2x Onroak LMP1 chassis
2x Zytek engines

CAR NUMBER: 3
DRIVER 1: Sebastian Bourdais (RL Platinum)
DRIVER 2: Vic Sunset (Gold)
DRIVER 3: Ragnar Larsen (Silver)
EVENTS: All

CAR NUMBER: 24
DRIVER 1: Randall Wade (Gold)
DRIVER 2: Serge Blanco (Silver)
DRIVER 3: J.C. Wolf (Bronze)
EVENTS: All

GT Small Team
(Harris Finance GT)
1x 2017 Porsche 991

CAR NUMBER: 25
DRIVER 1: Angelica Lopez (Bronze)
DRIVER 2: Kaitlyn Harris (Bronze)
DRIVER 3: Kelly Harris (Bronze)
EVENTS: As many as possible

Hopefully everything is in order.
This will be the final confirmed schedule.
Last edited by V8fan12 on 26 Jan 2014, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

V8fan12 wrote:Would Blanco be silver or bronze?

Blanco was fairly mediocre in IFRC, put him down as silver.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

BOSS Automation is interested in hiring real drivers Lucas Luhr (Platinum) and Joey Hand (Gold).

Also, BOSS Automation has updates to make to it's driver line-up.

CAR NUMBER: 92
DRIVER 1: Jacques Malenfant (FRA) (Platinum)
DRIVER 2: Matteo Rossi (ITA) (Silver)
DRIVER 3: TBD

BOSS Automation will also purchase two 2017 Porsche 991s.

Malenfant has been upgraded from gold to platinum to reflect his 16 year racing career.
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Hound55 wrote:Malenfant has been upgraded from gold to platinum to reflect his 16 year racing career.

Benoit Voeckler could race for 16 year, but he'll still be Benoit Voeckler! :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Alberto Cara is a gold driver looking for a suitable ACO drive. Works teams prefered, but any high-quality driver combo should do.

Furthermore, Du Lei will be replaced in the BITW Porsche by gold driver Li Qi
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Klon wrote:Alberto Cara is a gold driver looking for a suitable ACO drive. Works teams prefered, but any high-quality driver combo should do.

Himalayas Racing are hoping Alberto will be a relatively straight swap for their outgoing Tropican driver, Renaldo Jiménez. As the two have subbed for each other in the past, he should feel straight at home in our outfit.

On another note, it's nooby question time. Does this quote mean our team needs at least one silver or bronze driver?

pi314159 wrote:Pro-Am (LMP2 and GT-Am) lineups need at least one silver or bronze driver.

I have no idea what Pro-Am means...
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

AustralianStig wrote:On another note, it's nooby question time. Does this quote mean our team needs at least one silver or bronze driver?

pi314159 wrote:Pro-Am (LMP2 and GT-Am) lineups need at least one silver or bronze driver.

I have no idea what Pro-Am means...

It means, that a team has a combination of professional (platinum and gold) and amateur (silver and bronze) drivers. That's all.

As you run a GT team, you don't have to run a silver or bronze driver, but if you do, your team is eligible for the GT-Am-Trophy as well.

In real-life WEC, GTE is split into two classes. One for all-pro lineups, and one for teams who run silver/bronze drivers as well. In ACO LMC, I've decided not to split the class. All GT teams are eligible for the main GT championship, but there is an additional trophy for teams who run at least one silver or bronze driver.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

With that knowledge, I will sign the deal to send Cara to Himalayas Racing.
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Klon wrote:With that knowledge, I will sign the deal to send Cara to Himalayas Racing.

OK, so we are now at the following for Himalayas: (note change of Quali driver for #8)

CAR NUMBER: 8
DRIVER NAME: Alberto Cara
DRIVER NATIONALITY: Tropican
QUALIFYING DRIVER (yes/no): Yes
DRIVER TIER: Gold

DRIVER NAME: Chacko Palaniappan
DRIVER NATIONALITY: Indian
QUALIFYING DRIVER (yes/no): No

CAR NUMBER: 9
DRIVER NAME: Laurent Seron
DRIVER NATIONALITY: Belgian
QUALIFYING DRIVER (yes/no): Yes
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Is it alright for me to enter a one-off GT car for the 12 hour races and Le Mans?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

go_Rubens wrote:Is it alright for me to enter a one-off GT car for the 12 hour races and Le Mans?

I don't think there is a problem with that. There should be enough space on the entry list, although I haven't updated the entry lists for a while. So yes, you can enter a GT car for those three races.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

pi314159 wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:Is it alright for me to enter a one-off GT car for the 12 hour races and Le Mans?

I don't think there is a problem with that. There should be enough space on the entry list, although I haven't updated the entry lists for a while. So yes, you can enter a GT car for those three races.

Alright, that works. Thanks! I'll confirm my plans at a later date.

Also, for teams that have decided to try to get another real life driver on their squad after the first round of RNG (like my LMP2 team), when would the second RNG rounds be run?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

go_Rubens wrote:
pi314159 wrote:

Alright, that works. Thanks! I'll confirm my plans at a later date.

Also, for teams that have decided to try to get another real life driver on their squad after the first round of RNG (like my LMP2 team), when would the second RNG rounds be run?

Well, this series doesn't start until April, so I'll likely wait until after my physics exam on 18th February.

Also, I would like to set the date for Le Mans for the 17th-18th June 2017.
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

pi314159 wrote:Well, this series doesn't start until April, so I'll likely wait until after my physics exam on 18th February.

Meanwhile, my entry for my one-off GT car, with drivers due to be confirmed at a later date through post editing:

Team Name: Henri Racing Team
Nationality: United States
Class: GT
Tier: Small
Events car will take part in: Le Castellet, Le Mans, Adelaide

Car: 2017 Porsche 991 (700,000)

Car 84

Driver #1: (Depending on RNG) Jean-Karl Verney
Driver #1 Nationality: French
Qualifying Driver: Yes
Tier: Gold

Driver #2:
Driver #2 Nationality:
Qualifying Driver:
Tier:

Driver #3:
Driver #3 Nationality:
Qualifying Driver:
Tier:
Last edited by go_Rubens on 15 Feb 2014, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:It is my pleasure to announce that the lead driver for the #17 Equipe Gauthier Audi will be none other than the newly crowned F1RWRS champion, Rhys Davies. With him joining Anthony Davidson and Stephane Sarrazin in the car, we have every confidence that he will be able to lead us and Audi to great success in the upcoming season.
Everything's great.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

www.espn.co.uk/rwrs wrote:Pulsar seek clarification on Katayama

Having appeared to sign F2RWRS driver Yuka Katayama for their Le Mans venture in 2017, Pulsar Racing Team have asked for clarification from her management team on what her role for next season will be after an alleged F1RWRS deal had gone through.

Katayama had only recently signed for Pulsar, leading their efforts in LMP2 machinery, but after rumours that Katayama had signed for Sunshine Daihatsu in the RWRS' premier division the Bristol-based team have been less than impressed with such conduct.

"We don't know what on earth Yuka is playing at" said team principal and co-owner Jacques Couteau. "If she wants to go to F1RWRS, then good luck to her, but we have no idea what the plan is. Her management company needs to get in contact and tell us what is going on. Sacre bleu."

If the deal for Katayama has to be cancelled, the team will most likely try to push forward the paperwork to get Poppy Whitechapel a gold license.

EDIT: After discussions in the chat, this has now happened:

ESPN RWRS News @ESPN_RWRS wrote:Pulsar cancel Katayama's contract; she's free to move to F1RWRS. Whitechapel gets gold license, and @HannaEdens fills the vacated seat.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

I would like to join the series

TEAM NAME: Markus Mk. Racing
CLASS: LMP2
TIER: Small
CAR 1 NUMBER: 50
EVENTS IN WHICH CAR 1 TAKES PART: All

Chassis: Dome S103
Engine: Nissan

CAR NUMBER: 50
DRIVER NAME: Mauricce Markus
DRIVER NATIONALITY: Australian
QUALIFYING DRIVER (yes/no): yes
DRIVER TIER: Silver

DRIVER #2 NAME: Bradon Markus

DRIVER #3 NAME: Harold Markus

Actually the drivers have experience, but not in canon :P
Last edited by AxelP800 on 28 Feb 2014, 13:14, edited 2 times in total.
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AxelP800 wrote:Mauricce Markus
Browlf Markus
Huttington Markus

Pretty certain those aren't actual names... :|
Everything's great.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

This wrote:How much would a real-life driver cost in salary? (as far as i can read, it only mentions the fictional drivers) + I suppose a works team need to pay for their own cars, too? (because that obviously will make a difference)

So, if the budget allows it, the #28 will be:
Chassis: Ligier JS55
Engine: Zytek

Probably going to need some pay-drivers, though.

Sorry for noticing it that late, but there is no LMP2 engine from Zytek. You have the choice between Nissan, Mazda, Judd and HPD.
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

I want to confirm the drivers to complete both free seats in the USD ops.

CAR NUMBER: 5
DRIVER NAME: Tommy Milner
DRIVER NATIONALITY: USA
DRIVER TIER: Platinum

CAR NUMBER: 88
DRIVER NAME: Jamie Campbell-Walter
DRIVER NATIONALITY: UK
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

TEAM NAME: Racing Team Solvalou (Italy)
CLASS: GT
CAR 1 NUMBER: 82
EVENTS IN WHICH CAR 1 TAKES PART: Monza

Car: Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-2 GT (Not eligible for points, car will be purchasable in 2018)

Drivers will be figured out once the 2017 PMMF Calendar is sorted.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Angelica Lopez has been replaced by Kristina Harris at Harris Finance GT.

AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

AxelP800 wrote:I would like to join the series

TEAM NAME: Markus Mk. Racing
CLASS: LMP2
CAR 1 NUMBER: 50
EVENTS IN WHICH CAR 1 TAKES PART: All

Chassis: Dome S103
Engine: Nissan

CAR NUMBER: 50
DRIVER NAME: Mauricce Markus
QUALIFYING DRIVER (yes/no): yes

DRIVER #2 NAME: Browlf Markus

DRIVER #3 NAME: Huttington Markus

Actually the drivers have experience, but not in canon :P

Entry form updated/fixed after a tell from IRC
tommykl has a stroke
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

La Gazzetta Dello Sport wrote:NISMO sign Le Mans veteran Simon Redman

NISMO today announced the capture of endurance racing veteran and former Le Mans winner Simon Redman, marking his return to an RWRS sanctioned series for the first time since his F1RWRS stint ended in 2011.

Redman joins the works Japanese team on a one year deal, with an option to extend into 2018 based on performances.

"We are excited to have signed a driver with such endurance racing experience as Simon," said team principal Alessandro Linari. "He will be a real asset for this team, and hopefully his wealth of knowledge and know-how in this discipline will bring NISMO some great results in the coming season."

Redman will join another former Le Mans champion, Andre Lotterer, in the lead #22 NISMO car, with the final driver of the lead car yet to be decided.

So just to confirm;

CAR NUMBER: 22
DRIVER NAME: Simon Redman

We are withdrawing Barii Mori from the #22 NISMO. He continued behaving like an assclown in F1RWRS so we sacked him. Replacement TBA.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I don't know if you need to run an RNG, as he has no other offers, but IBR would like to sign former Williams F1 and Toyota Le Mans driver Kazuki Nakajima for the #22 NISMO. Let me know how it goes.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Biscione wrote:I don't know if you need to run an RNG, as he has no other offers, but IBR would like to sign former Williams F1 and Toyota Le Mans driver Kazuki Nakajima for the #22 NISMO. Let me know how it goes.

Audi Equipe Gauthier is still waiting on the RNG for Jeroen Bleekemolen to lead the #18, by the way.
Everything's great.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

My drivers names are adjusted to as: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6769&p=291567#p291567
tommykl has a stroke
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Next round of driver RNGs:

TOMMY MILNER accepts the offer from USD Corvette

JAMIE CAMPBELL-WALTER declines the offer to join the USD LMP2 team.

BRUNO SENNA accepts the offer from Pulsar Racing

NICOLAS LAPIERRE accepts the offer from Commonwealth Racing.

CARLOS SAINz JR. accepts the offer from Alvarez Competicion.

JEROEN BLEEKEMOLEN accepts the offer from Equipe Gauthier

JACQUES NICOLET declines the Henri offer, due to the team running Orecas, but would be available for a Le Mans one-off with any team using the Ligier

KAZUKI NAKAJIMA accepts the Nismo offer.

CRAIG LOWNDES accepts the Tassie Racing offer.

BERTRAND BAGUETTE accepts the offer to join RonDen's GT team.

VANINA ICKX accepts the offer to join RonDen's GT team.

LUCAS LUHR declines the offer from BOSS Automation, as he prefers to stay in USCC with Pickett.

JOEY HAND accepts the offer from BOSS Automation

JEAN-KARL VERNAY declines the offer from Henri, due to it being a one-off, but would be very interested in full-time offers in LMC
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Commonwealth Racing is pleased to announce our driver lineup for the new Le Mans Cup, Messrs. Mitchell Macklin, Frédéric Makowiecki, and Nicolas Lapierre.

Final Entry Form

Commonwealth Racing

Chassis: Dome S103.5
Quantity: 1
Engine: Customer Toyota
Quantity: 1
Car Number: #73

Entry Fees: 200,000 for 1 car at all events

CAR NUMBER: 73
DRIVER NAME: Frederic Makowiecki
DRIVER NATIONALITY: French
QUALIFYING DRIVER: No

DRIVER NAME: Mitchell Macklin
QUALIFYING DRIVER: Yes

DRIVER NAME: Nicolas Lapierre
DRIVER NATIONALITY: French
QUALIFYING DRIVER: No
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.