Alt-1954 - Season Review up!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Peteroli34

Re: Alt-1954 - Post-season auction (P16) closes on Sunday!

Post by Peteroli34 »

Anglo Racing Engineering bids

Maserati AM53 chassis 7 - £210
Maserati 200F engine 10 -£210
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Biscione wrote:Renzo bids for;
O.S.C.A. 3000V8 engine 2 - £175
O.S.C.A. 3000V8 engine 3- £175

peteroli34 wrote:Anglo Racing Engineering bids

Maserati AM53 chassis 7 - £210
Maserati 200F engine 10 -£210

Sorry, but these two bids came after the deadline and have not been registered.

The auction is now closed, and here are the final buyers:
-Ferrari 555 chassis 8 - £3 750 (Ecurie Nationale Belge)
-Ferrari 555 engine 12 - £2 500 (Officine Renzo)
-Ferrari 555 chassis 3 - £2 000 (Ecurie Nationale Belge)
-Ferrari 555 engine 1 - £2 000 (Ecurie Nationale Belge)
-O.S.C.A. 156s engine 5 - £1 500 (Scuderia Anglo-Italia)
-O.S.C.A. 156s engine 6 - £1 500 (Scuderia Anglo-Italia)
-O.S.C.A. 156s engine 9 - £1 500 (Scuderia Anglo-Italia)
-Ferrari 550 chassis 3 - £1 005 (Jaguar)
-Ferrari 550 engine 3 - £705 (Jaguar)
-Mercedes UM153 engine 12 - £350 (Officine Renzo)
-Bentley 53C chassis 2 - £350 (Officine Renzo)
-Maserati 200F engine 5 - £310 (Scuderia Anglo-Italia)
-Maserati 200F engine 6 - £310 (Scuderia Anglo-Italia)
-Maserati 200F engine 11 - £310 (Scuderia Anglo-Italia)
-Bentley 53C chassis 1 - £276 (Scuderia Anglo-Italia)
-Maserati AM53 chassis 5 - £250 (Anglo Racing Engineering)
-Maserati AM53 chassis 6 - £250 (Anglo Racing Engineering)
-Mercedes UM153 engine 13 - £220 (Officine Renzo)
-Maserati AM53 chassis 8 - £220 (Anglo Racing Engineering)
-Maserati AM53 chassis 7 - £205 (Jaguar)
-Maserati 200F engine 10 - £205 (Jaguar)
-O.S.C.A. 3000V8 engine 2 - £150 (Anglo Racing Engineering)
-O.S.C.A. 3000V8 engine 3 - £150 (Anglo Racing Engineering)
-Ultimate chassis 002b - £120 (Officine Renzo)
-Ultimate chassis 002a - £120 (Officine Renzo)
-Aqua SAMC-1A engine 1 - £100 (Scuderia Anglo-Italia)

Any sellers have until Tuesday, November 11th at 1pm CET to pull their components from the sale.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
HawkAussie

Re: Alt-1954 - Post-season auction closed!

Post by HawkAussie »

I will be ditching the EMW 02 chassis 1
Officially Retired
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

No one has decided to pull their cars from the auction, so the sales are considered valid.

The pot increases by £9 606 from the components coming from teams whose demise has been announced (ie. Aqua, RRAC and Redman). Their remaining cash has also been added, totalling £41 481 (RRAC's debts do not subtract from the total), and bumping the tally up to £51 087.

The other part of the money raised is from teams auctioning chassis but staying in business. Ferrari gain £4 282, while £1 428 goes to the pot. Ultimate's machinery generated £3 780 for Ultimate and £1 260 for the pot.

Therefore, the total tally for the pot is £53 775, which adds to the £1 525 000 from the regular prize money pot. In other words, a total sum of £1 578 775 will be redistributed amongst the teams. This should be done by the end of the week.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Renzo elect to scrap the following components currently contained in their inventory;

Bentley 53C Chassis 2
Mercedes-Benz UM153 engine 7
Mercedes-Benz UM153 engine 13
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

O.S.C.A. will scrap 156s engine 5, as the damage exceeds the cost of producing a new one. The damaged 154 chassis will be repaired. 154 chassis 2 will be returned to Maria Teresa de Filippis. For future customers, the cost of a 154 chassis is reduced to 27500 GBP, as the design is a year old now. The cost of a 156s engine remains at 17500 GBP.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Anglo-Racing Engineering will scrap Maserati AM53 chassis 6, Maserati AM53 chassis 8 and O.S.C.A. 3000V8 engine 2
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

And here is post-season prize money!

Constructors
Gordini - £108 130
Bentley - £100 000
Alfa Romeo - £98 650
O.S.C.A. - £95 425
Ferrari - £87 000
Jaguar - £73 280
Aston Martin - £68 380
Mercedes - £55 375
Ambrosiana - £23 850
Maserati - £20 600
Phoenix - £15 000
Leader - £12 500
Ultimate - £11 200
Loyer - £7 600
Balkan Lion - £6 700
EMW - £2 325
Van Hoff - £775

Entrants
Jaguar Aston Martin Racing - £91 610
Alexander Racing Team - £80 380
Scuderia Ferrari - £62 735
Alfa Romeo SpA - £57 790
Scuderia Anglo-Italia - £48 670
Scuderia Ambrosiana - £45 550
Asso di Fiori - £40 980
Hampshire Racing Alliance - £37 910
Maria Teresa de Filippis - £34 340
Officine Renzo - £31 770
Phoenix Racing Organisation - £27 800
Mercedes Team Europe - £26 250
Ecurie Nationale Belge - £24 700
BRUNEL - £23 150
Group Ultimate - £21 600
Officine Alfieri Maserati - £18 500
Erne Racing Development - £16 950
Leader - £15 400
Loyer Racing - £13 850
Anglo Racing Engineering - £12 300
Balkan Eagle - £11 250
Reatherson Racing Developments - £10 200
F.H. Warden Competition - £9 150
Geoff Richardson - £7 050
Assasti Millanti - £6 000
Rennkollektiv EMW - £4 950
Ecurie Albertini - £3 900
Cliff Bergere - £2 725
Trod van Hoff Racing - £1 550
Last edited by tommykl on 15 Nov 2014, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alt-1954 - Post-season prize money distributed!

Post by Nessafox »

Aha! that now means we have money to repair the Bentley chassis! At least, we now have 3 functioning cars, and maybe a 4th one, if that Swaters deal is still going ehead. (i forgot which team it was, but they promised me a nice little crappy Osca)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

This wrote:Aha! that now means we have money to repair the Bentley chassis! At least, we now have 3 functioning cars, and maybe a 4th one, if that Swaters deal is still going ehead. (i forgot which team it was, but they promised me a nice little crappy Osca)

Of course it is, I was just waiting for you to confirm the deal.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

pi314159 wrote:
This wrote:Aha! that now means we have money to repair the Bentley chassis! At least, we now have 3 functioning cars, and maybe a 4th one, if that Swaters deal is still going ehead. (i forgot which team it was, but they promised me a nice little crappy Osca)

Of course it is, I was just waiting for you to confirm the deal.

Yeah, like i said, i forgot who i made the deal with :oops:
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

For the sake of completeness, here are the full standings on the wiki.

http://formularejects.com/wiki/1954_Alt ... One_season

pycku

Post by pycku »

If possible I'd like to unite Balkan Eagle and Leader for next year. I believe this is the only way that both teams survive. The new team is Balkan Leader, with its base in Bulgaria.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

I Know I already run Gordini & ARE. As the 1955 season sees the introduction of the Soviet Grand Prix, would it be OK if I was to enter a Soviet team running a Soviet designed car with Soviet drivers. As a one off in that Grand Prix.

I could see the Soviet Union wanting to take on try and beat the Capitalist west especially as the West is on Soviet soil

If someone else has already planned a soviet team then ignore me.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Scuderia Anglo-Italia elect to scrap SAMC-1A engine 1, and all of our 200F engines.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

As agreed with ENB, Jacques Swaters will drive for Scuderia Anglo-Italia next season. In exchange, ENB will get OSCA 53 chassis 1 and OSCA 3000V8 engine 1, as well as a 2500 GBP discount on new Bentley or OSCA components.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

pycku wrote:If possible I'd like to unite Balkan Eagle and Leader for next year. I believe this is the only way that both teams survive. The new team is Balkan Leader, with its base in Bulgaria.

No problem. Just confirm it when I open the thread for 1955 :)

peteroli34 wrote:I Know I already run Gordini & ARE. As the 1955 season sees the introduction of the Soviet Grand Prix, would it be OK if I was to enter a Soviet team running a Soviet designed car with Soviet drivers. As a one off in that Grand Prix.

I could see the Soviet Union wanting to take on try and beat the Capitalist west especially as the West is on Soviet soil

If someone else has already planned a soviet team then ignore me.

I was actually planning on allowing any members who wished to do so to create one-off Soviet teams for that race, with no budget involved, much like I'm doing for the non-championship races. Only there would be the facet of naming a chassis and/or engine, with an RNG range of absolute lel proportions.

Also, I might as well warn everyone beforehand: before the Soviet Grand Prix begins, a handful of "capitalist" cars will be randomly seized by customs for "inspection". Due to slight "administrative delays", the cars will only be returned after the race weekend. Don't be surprised to see a full-on Soviet team some time in the future with familiar-looking machinery :P

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

With the Soviet GP, i volunteer for doing a one-off with the Tatra team. A constructor who could actually be able to produce a competitive F1 car in real life. (they actually built a formula one car, but it never raced) Not Russian, but communist nevertheless.
I think Moskvitch would also be a perfect fit, as they also actually built an F1 car, also that one never raced.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I just realised I made a sizeable mistake in the standings. I gave de Filippis' eighth place at Sebring to Anglo-Italia and not BRUNEL. The mistake has now been rectified, affecting the prize money pot.

Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

This wrote:With the Soviet GP, i volunteer for doing a one-off with the Tatra team. A constructor who could actually be able to produce a competitive F1 car in real life. (they actually built a formula one car, but it never raced) Not Russian, but communist nevertheless.
I think Moskvitch would also be a perfect fit, as they also actually built an F1 car, also that one never raced.

Yeah i was planning Moskvitch i know they built single seaters in the 50s so they seemed a perfect fit
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Season review
Well, well, well, what a season it's been. We had success stories, disappointments, and almost a winless champion. And nicknames. Loads of nicknames.

Of course, once again, Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing dominated the season, scoring four victories and a total of eleven podiums. Their start to the season wasn't extremely impressive, but things picked up at Zandvoort and the following races, with nine podiums in five races. Of course, the star was B. "Score ALL the second places!" Bira, who took his second title, almost without a race win until he won the Italian Grand Prix in style, although he'd already secured the title at Sebring. His six consecutive podiums established a record. Defending champion Tony "I'm a champion, remember?" Bettenhausen also won a race, at Zandvoort, but suffered from chronic unreliability and was only able to finish fifth, while break-out star Dries "#DriesVanDerBoss" van der Lof was the only driver to win two races over the season, with wins at Silverstone and the Nürburgring, seriously impressive considering the fact that he only joined the team after Reims. Maurice "I also exist" Trintignant, however, was not so lucky, and despite some brilliant qualifying times, only scored three points and was benched at Sebring when the team reverted to three cars. Original fourth driver Mike "The Trike" Hawthorn was only there provisionally after Juan Manuel "Break a leg" Fangio's accident at Syracuse, and underperformance early on caused him to be fired quickly and move to Loyer.

But for all that domination come race day, the Saturdays still belonged to Alexander Racing Team, who took six poles out of nine, four of them predictably coming from qualifying king Consalvo "POLELOL" Sanesi. Once again, though, unreliability prevented the Anglo-French outfit from winning the title, only recording 13 finishes in 36 attempts. They still managed three wins, one each to Sanesi (Sebring), Robert "Better than Maurice" Manzon (Reims) and rookie Hernando "My name is too long" da Silva Ramos (Spa), and Sanesi and Ramos came third and fourth in the championship respectively while Manzon finished seventh (only finishing one other race). Peter "I'll get there one day" Collins was very much the fourth wheel on the tricycle results-wise, scoring only seven points, but he consistently impressed, occasionally leading races, notably in Monza, before retiring. He has a bright career ahead of him.

For third place, though, competition was tighter still between Ferrari and Alfa Romeo. Each of them won one race, Ferrari taking the Monaco GP with Jack "By default" Brabham and Alfa Romeo the Swiss GP with two-time champion Giuseppe "I'M STILL THE BEST, DAMMIT!" Farina. Both of them were prevented from competing with the top two teams by different circumstances.

Ferrari suffered from bad luck with driver injuries. An early season feud between the two main drivers Dorino "Don'trino" Serafini and Reg "The Mummy" Parnell culminated in a heavy accident at Spa which severly injured Parnell. Serafini was reprimanded by the team and sent to Renzo until Parnell's return in Sebring. Parnell was replaced by former Ultimate driver Harry "No relation to the fuel" Schell while Serafini was traded for Toulo "Enzo still has my number!?" de Graffenried, returning to Maranello after being fired in 1952. Schell was then injured at Silverstone. Unable to find a suitable replacement, the third car was pulled until Sebring, where Serafini and Parnell returned. Both were injured again in that race, and while Parnell recovered in time for Monza, Schell had to replace Serafini in Monza. In the meantime, Brabham had managed another solitary podium in Spa, Serafini a fourth place in Reims and Schell scored a final third place in Monza, his first podium.

Alfa Romeo also had problems, but this time, it was underperformance and unreliability all around. Farina was quite obviously the main man in the team, but he only finished twice. He still showed the pace was there, though, with two pole positions and three fastest laps. Peter "Podium after podium" Whitehead had similar luck with reliability, only finishing twice, seventh in Reims and second in Sebring. He even had to miss the Dutch Grand Prix because his damaged car from Spa couldn't be fixed in time. Stirling "Crouching youngster; hidden talent" Moss had the best reliability, finishing three times, including his first points finish in three years (fifth in Reims), but still showed a complete lack of pace, leading to his overdue firing from the team in favour of André "I told you I was good!" Pilette, who had previously driven an Alfa for ENB before. Pilette scored more points with fifth place in Monza, but he was unable to secure third place for the team.

Undoubtedly, the best-improved outfit this year was Scuderia Anglo-Italia, created by the pooling of Bentley and O.S.C.A.'s resources. Much like Ferrari, they suffered from injuries this year, causing a high driver turnover. José Froilan "Fangio wannabe" Gonzalez scored nine points, including second place in Monaco, but he was one of many drivers involved in what will forever be remembered by many names, including the Keine Bremsen-Garten or the Massacre of Bern. He was injured for the rest of the season, as was Piero "I'm better than Villoresi, really" Taruffi, whose career was effectively ended in his accident. Associate privateer Geoff "I don't need no works team" Richardson was also seriously injured and allowed the team to use his repaired chassis as a fourth car. They ended the season with Manfred "Not a Nazi" von Brauchitsch, Jacques "Finally!" Swaters (coming from ENB), Stan "If you think I'm slow, wait 'till you see my son!" Jones (from Balkan Eagle) and Maria Teresa "Better than my brother" de Filippis, who joined the works team for the rest of the season. Brauchitsch secured fifth place for the team with sixth place in Monza, and they'll be looking for much-needed stability next season.

They barely beat Scuderia Ambrosiana to that fifth position. Ambrosiana's season was markedly different from previous years in the sense that Porfirio "Bathplug bitches, get podiums" Rubirosa took on the mantle of team leader, scoring seven points in two races, including the team's first ever podium at Reims. Giovanni "Call me the Count" Bracco, by comparison, seemed much less comfortable in the car this season, crashing multiple times, causing him to bench himself after Spa, then injuring himself at Bremgarten. This meant that a replacement was needed, and one was found in the form of Umberto "Act your talent level" Maglioli. Despite his machinery, Maglioli failed to qualify for two of the three races. His fifth place at Sebring put Ambrosiana back in the fight for fifth, but he and one-off teammate Paolo "Slower than Giannino" Marzotto failed to qualify while Rubirosa crashed out of the points.

Asso di Fiori should have made the big time this year with Dries "#DriesVanDerBoss" van der Lof and Luigi "I'm faster than Taruffi, really" Villoresi, but everything changed after the French Grand Prix. No races had been finished yet when Villoresi was injured and van der Lof was drafted in to JAMR to replace the underperforming Hawthorn. The team was forced to hire the best drivers available at short notice, Troy "Old kid on the block" Ruttman and Tony "Better pilot than driver" Gaze. While Ruttman proved consistent and dependable, reliability was not on his side, and he couldn't quite find the pace. Tony Gaze managed an attrition-fueled sixth place at Zandvoort before making way for Villoresi's return. Race finishes remained hard to come by until Villoresi scored a stunning podium at Sebring, netting the team seventh place in the championship. However, with no concrete plans for 1955, their future is still uncertain.

David "I am not from" Hampshire and his Racing Alliance proved to be the top one-man outfit this season, thanks to a good dose of luck, but also business know-how. After a slow start to the season, Hampshire switched his Aston Martin chassis for a new Bentley and promptly scored a point at his home race. After skipping the German Grand Prix, he finished fourth at Sebring and ninth at Monza to cap his best season yet.

Before completing the season for Anglo-Italia, Maria Teresa "Better than my brother" de Filippis held her own very nicely this season. With mechanical knowledge not being her strong point, however, her car was often not very well-prepared, and she missed out on the races three times out of a lack of qualifying pace and once more from a technical problem when she should have started. This did not prevent her from starting and finishing the Dutch Grand Prix, in fifth place, scoring her first career points in the process. She will continue her career in her own team once again, this time hoping for some improvement in preparation.

The best completely new team this season was undoubtedly Officine Renzo. With a large lump of money in the bank, coming from as-of-yet unknown but definitely not illegal sources, Renzo managed to quickly create business relations with Ferrari and O.S.C.A., moving on from a triple-DNQ in Reims with Giannino "Quicker than Paolo" Marzotto, Toulo "Enzo still has my number!?" de Graffenried and guest driver Franco "Not injured anymore!" Rol to stable midfield status and even two points at the end of the season. After the Belgian Grand Prix, de Graffenried was traded for Dorino "Don'trino" Serafini, who didn't score for the team at first, but helped develop it internally, and when the team returned to a two-car entry for Serafini and Marzotto in Switzerland, no more DNQs were recorded. Serafini scored an encouraging sixth place in Germany before returning to Ferrari, and the returning de Graffenried obliged by scoring another one at Sebring. After spending large amounts at auction for tried and tested machinery, Renzo are fast positioning themselves as major players in Formula One.

One of the biggest disappointments of the season came from Phoenix Racing Organisation. With a new chassis and brilliant Mercedes engines, they were supposed to be fighting for podiums, but instead, unreliability struck at the worst possible time. Indeed, the few times that perennial driver Alberto "Definitely not about to die" Ascari was in a position to score, the car died, and two seventh places ended up as his best results. No plans are known for next year, but the team have sold their engines.

Despite their continued disappointment in themselves, Mercedes Team Europe actually made a huge improvement compared to 1953. Going from a best finish of 17th last year, they managed to qualify for most races with three cars for the evenly matched André "Mercedes actually paid to get me" Simon, Johnny "The Sax Man" Claes and Bernie "Junior Jew" Ecclestone. Finishes kept coming in regularly, including two top tens, but Mercedes eventually pulled the plug on their F1 operation to concentrate on sports cars. Ecclestone promptly struck a deal with Neubauer, acquired the team's assets and is planning on running the operation himself for the foreseeable future.

As usual, Ecurie Nationale Belge entered their usual mix of local drivers in select races, but to a much lesser extent than last year due to money issues. André "I told you I was good!" Pilette competed in the French, Belgian and German Grands Prix, being joined by Jacques "Finally!" Swaters and Lucien "Fresh out of the crib" Bianchi in Belgium (the latter becoming the youngest driver to enter a race weekend) and Olivier "Ah yes, the Congo" Gendebien in Germany. At Spa, Swaters and Pilette finished eighth and tenth respectively, landing both of them late-season replacements at Anglo-Italia and Alfa Romeo, and a large amount of prize money for the team. With wiser spending on cars so far this year, ENB will hope to progress next season, perhaps entering a few more rounds.

The United States Grand Prix, as mentioned previously, turned out to be a complete crapshoot, and one of the biggest winners did not actually score points. In fact, in the hands of de Filippis, BRUNEL managed to record a brilliant 8th position, bringing in a large amount of prize money and covering for the costs of the failed British Grand Prix entry for veteran racer Anne Hall.

Group Ultimate also were a huge disappointment. Amongst financial issues and resorting to hiring unproven Frenchman Jean "Deadweight" Behra as second driver and solely entering the Ultimate chassis, the season proved pointless, and Behra's lack of pace only dragged them down further prize money-wise. Although the Frenchman later improved, it was too little too late, and Edgar "Technically communist" Barth was unable to score any points. At the end of the season, the team sold all of their cars, and while they haven't yet announced their final departure from the sport, they will probably not be starting the 1955 season.

There really isn't much to say about Officine Alfieri Maserati. They weren't much better than last year, although they did manage to qualify three times instead of just the one. Ron "The hero Maserati deserves" Flockhart was easily the most impressive of the two drivers, as he was the one who managed to make it to main qualifying the most, even starting the German Grand Prix against all odds. However, Paul "The hero Maserati got" Frère was the one who finished the United States Grand Prix in eleventh place, escaping pre-qualifying for Monza in the process. With their machinery getting older by the year and without the funds to develop quality chassis or engines, their survival is still in question.

After Maserati, the logical continuation is the team most associated with the works team performance-wise, Royal Racing Automobile Company. After an attempt to improve results by purchasing a Bentley-Mercedes package for last year's driver Duncan "It's all in the beard!" Hamilton while rookie Ivor "A driver" Bueb drove the old Maserati. None of them managed to leave prequalifying at any race weekend apart from Germany, where there was no prequalifying session. However, at Sebring, where guest driver and defending two-time Indy 500 winner Bill "Why am I here?" Vukovich drove the car, they made the grid and finished in twelfth place. However, the team ended up in a difficult financial situation, and rather than struggle on into 1955, the team closed down and put up its assets at auction. They are rumoured to be taken over by Japanese constructor Suzuki, although these rumours are yet to be confirmed.

This season, the non-championship races were far from being a good indicator of performance throughout the year, and no team was more representative of this than Erne Racing Development. With the full Argentine pairing of Roberto "I'd rather sail away" Mieres and Onofre "How am I not slow?" Marimon, results weren't expected, but Marimon's third place in Syracuse raised hopes, but these were not founded. Both drivers scored almost identical results, both of their finishes coming at Spa, 13th and 14th. They ended the season with two badly damaged cars, jeopardising their continuation for 1955.

Another team who fell backwards this season was Leader. Last year's car was already uncompetitive last year, but it's gotten even slower this year, and Louis "Best of Monégasque" Chiron's great talent was unable to help the team forwards. The result was only two qualifications, and very rare exits from prequalifying. Facing financial issues, the Tibetan team is facing a merger and relocation to Bulgaria.

Loyer Racing were another bunch of complete newcomers, and like Renzo, they faced a difficult start to the season. The early pairing of Karl "Klunky" Kling and Luigi "Where's my cash?" Musso did not yield any qualifications, but things changed when Musso was fired in favour of JAMR refugee Mike "The Trike" Hawthorn. Pace slowly improved, and in Switzerland, they finally made their first start. Hawthorn started all the remaining races while Kling was fired after Germany to be replaced by Eugenio "Something for the ladies" Castellotti in Italy, without success. With continued backing from Porsche, the team should continually improve throughout next year and are in it for the long run.

Despite heavy backing from Gordini, Anglo Racing Engineering did not improve as compared to 1953. In fact, they only qualified once instead of thrice. Fred "I exist!" Wacker, despite his best efforts, did not make any races, and Aldo "Nepotism!" Gordini's sole start in Germany landed him a sole seventeenth place. Assuming continued support from the works team, though, ARE should survive for the foreseeable future, but results do not appear to be imminent.

While switching from a privateer operation to building in-house engines could have been a good idea, Balkan Eagle suffered from horrendous reliability on the part of the cars and the drivers. They started strongly with decent pace, but suffered from two heavy accidents at Spa, and reduced from a three-car team of Stan "If you think I'm slow, wait 'til you see my son!" Jones, Aldo "Nepotism!" Gordini and Rudi "Screw this, I'm going back to my restaurant" Fischer to two cars for Gordini and Fischer, then a solitary entry for Fischer, then Gordini. Racking up a considerable amount of debt, they eventually barely made up for it by scrapping damaged cars and through prize money, but in order to survive, the Bulgarian team will merge with Leader for 1955 and hope to survive another year.

Following an impressive 1953 season, Reatherson Racing Developments were expected to build on it and regularly start races. However, the owners apparently suffered from a lack of commitment, and only three entries were recorded, resulting in two starts and no finishes for Lance "I'm not Irish!" Macklin, whose talent is going to waste. Nothing has been heard from Reatherson since Germany, and it is not known whether or not they will return to the paddock in 1955.

In similar fashion, F.H. Warden Competition were supposed to qualify for most races, but an aging Bentley chassis prevented Ken "Not Warden" Wharton from starting any races. An unsuccessful second entry at Silverstone for Jack "Not really" Fairman gave an excuse to purchase a new Bentley package, but they only managed to qualify in the United States where the Bentley was driven by John "Gimme something quicker!" Fitch. Unfortunately, Fitch crashed heavily and suffered career-ending injuries, and Warden confirmed that they were pulling out of Grand Prix racing. However, they did not go into administration, and it is expected that their entry will be taken over by rich businessman Tony Vandervell.

Privateer Geoff "I don't need no works team" Richardson took part in the season with works-level Bentley machinery, but a lack of preparation skills meant that he was unable to qualify for any races at first. Unfortunately, his first start came in Switzerland, where Richardson was seriously injured. He is not expected to return to the sport, but his team may live on.

Another notable victim of Maserati's drop in performance these past two years was Redman Racing Team. After easily starting races in 1953, this became pretty much impossible this season, and after four consecutive failures to qualify from Nello "My career is over" Pagani, the team boss pulled the plug for good, citing a lack of performance and interest. Their assets were then put up for auction.

Assasti Millanti could not retain there results from late 1953, and did not once make the start in seven attempts. John "Gimme something quicker!" Fitch failed throughout the season to extract any pace from the lethargic Leader-Jaguar combination, and after his Sebring accident, neither did his replacement Hermann "I am not Hans Herrmann" Lang. They should continue next year, but not much longer.

Rennkollektiv EMW continued from last season, failing to get anywhere near a race start. However, before the final race, the in-house EMW chassis was ditched in favour of an Aston Martin-Bentley combination bought from David Hampshire. Hans "I am not Hermann Lang" Herrmann did not qualify that car either, but the new car brings new hope to the team and they just might move forward next year.

Despite their strategic location in Monaco, Ecurie Albertini could also not find any pace in their O.S.C.A.-Ferrari, and neither could any of Elie "Remember me?" Bayol, Umberto "Act your talent level" Maglioli or Sergio "I could do this with one leg!" Mantovani, who all drove the car at some point. With better preparation and planning, though, they stand a chance at improving as well.

Cliff "Too old for this shite" Bergere did even worse than last year, and had the dubious distinction of being the only driver to fail to qualify in Sebring. The veteran is reaching the age limit, and will soon retire, capping a failed comeback to racing.

Trod van Hoff Racing made a misguided attempt at a late entry this season, with a small budget but big ambitions. Quite logically, Fritz "I still get paid, right?" Riess was unable to qualify the car at Monza, but they do have plans to continue to 1955 on a shoestring budget.

And because we need a Reject of the Year, I'll just give it to Dorino "Don'trino" Serafini, for being extremely crash-happy and committing the cardinal sin of crashing into your teammate. Twice. And injuring him.

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alt-1954 - Season Review up!

Post by Nessafox »

I might not have a lot of budget, but i figured it should be enough to order myself a works Formula 2 chassis from Cooper Car Company. (i'm calling it F2, because it will be so ridiculously slow, that it will make the Maserati look like a Mig-fighter. I will not be a works team yet, as this year is a transition year. But the customer cars i own will age pretty soon, so this is the best solution, i just want to prevent that others will steal Cooper from under my nose :P Also Cooper fits well in the idea of keeping the ENB banner.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

This wrote:I might not have a lot of budget, but i figured it should be enough to order myself a works Formula 2 chassis from Cooper Car Company. (i'm calling it F2, because it will be so ridiculously slow, that it will make the Maserati look like a Mig-fighter. I will not be a works team yet, as this year is a transition year. But the customer cars i own will age pretty soon, so this is the best solution, i just want to prevent that others will steal Cooper from under my nose :P Also Cooper fits well in the idea of keeping the ENB banner.

So basically, you're creating Cooper yourself? :P

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

tommykl wrote:
This wrote:I might not have a lot of budget, but i figured it should be enough to order myself a works Formula 2 chassis from Cooper Car Company. (i'm calling it F2, because it will be so ridiculously slow, that it will make the Maserati look like a Mig-fighter. I will not be a works team yet, as this year is a transition year. But the customer cars i own will age pretty soon, so this is the best solution, i just want to prevent that others will steal Cooper from under my nose :P Also Cooper fits well in the idea of keeping the ENB banner.

So basically, you're creating Cooper yourself? :P

Kind of, yes. I think this is the only fifties-team that fits in well within the ENB philosophy. The idea is simply outsourcing the production of the cars to a third party. Kind of what Scuderia Italia did with Dallara. Just the difference is that altough ENB will run works Cooper cars, these will not be the only cars they run, and i plan to give a second team free works spec cars too. (of course, that second team will not be ran by me) Basically what i want is ENB being a works team and a privateer at the same time. Also i hope that if we ever reach 1970, i can run March with a similar philosophy.
Samster

Post by Samster »

Biscione wrote:If it's allowed already, Voeckler will buy the lot of those Ambrosiana chassis, but we offer £1200 for the lot. If not, Renzo offers the same amount instead.

If Renzo are still interested, Ambrosiana will agree to sell you the entire fleet of A-002s.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Samster wrote:
Biscione wrote:If it's allowed already, Voeckler will buy the lot of those Ambrosiana chassis, but we offer £1200 for the lot. If not, Renzo offers the same amount instead.

If Renzo are still interested, Ambrosiana will agree to sell you the entire fleet of A-002s.

Agreed, Renzo will take them all off your hands.

In other news, Renzo elects to scrap Ferrari 550 chassis 1 & 2, as well as 550 engines 1 & 2.

Image Image
andrew

Post by andrew »

Darn, does anyone have any really cheap good chassis for sale
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

andrew wrote:Darn, does anyone have any really cheap good chassis for sale

Are you interested in a damaged Ferrari, perhaps? :P

Also, i'd like to get my Bentley Speed 4 chassis 1 repaired.
andrew

Post by andrew »

This wrote:

As long as it is better than my old leader chassis then yes.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

andrew wrote:
This wrote:

Do not listen to him. The chassis he has is so damaged, it'll cost you more in purcahse price & repair bills than a brand new one would!

Instead, why not pick up something good? Two ex works Ultimate chassis, far superior to the Leader tubs, only £10,000 each, or £15,000 for the pair! Or why not even double up the deal? Get both chassis, and two ex-works Mercedes-Benz engines, for the discounted price of just £25,000! That's two cars up and ready to race for around half the price of a single new package from one of the Top 4 marques!

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

andrew wrote:
This wrote:

It's better, defenitely, but there's about 32500-something repair costs to them. Don't listen to Biscione, a new car of the same type costs 42500, that's significantly more . I don't charge a purchase price, actually, altough the contractual clause is 'run an ENB-contracted driver in at least 5 races' (you have the choice between Milhoux or Gendebien). ENB's most important pupose in this series is to promote Belgian talent, not to make profits. If this doesn't sound like a good deal, i can offer you an Osca-package as an extra, on the condition that you run the ENB-driver in all races!
andrew

Post by andrew »

How damaged is the Ferrari Chassis as I cannot afford to repair it.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

andrew wrote:How damaged is the Ferrari Chassis as I cannot afford to repair it.

I've just seen your accounting now. Seems neither of us is offering something you can afford.

So, let me give you a different offer. I'll sell you two Ultimate chassis and two Mercedes engines, for £20,000 plus the Jaguar JFE-2 engine. So either you can run two cars now, or run one car and have spares for each component ready and waiting, giving you a cushion against any crippling repair costs that might occur. How about it?

Image Image
andrew

Post by andrew »

Biscione wrote:
andrew wrote:How damaged is the Ferrari Chassis as I cannot afford to repair it.

I've just seen your accounting now. Seems neither of us is offering something you can afford.

So, let me give you a different offer. I'll sell you two Ultimate chassis and two Mercedes engines, for £20,000 plus the Jaguar JFE-2 engine. So either you can run two cars now, or run one car and have spares for each component ready and waiting, giving you a cushion against any crippling repair costs that might occur. How about it?

Hmmm, I will get back to you soon. If I were to sell my current chassis and engines back to the companies how much would I get?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Don't buy Bisciones crap, you can rent my Osca package for free if you run an ENB-contracted driver for the whole season! (yeah pi, i'm prostituting the car you gave me :P )
This means that you will not own the car, but it's the most affordable option, and we both win from it!
andrew

Post by andrew »

This wrote:Don't buy Bisciones crap, you can rent my Osca package for free if you run an ENB-contracted driver for the whole season! (yeah pi, i'm prostituting the car you gave me :P )
This means that you will not own the car, but it's the most affordable option, and we both win from it!

How good is this osca package?
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

andrew wrote:
This wrote:Don't buy Bisciones crap, you can rent my Osca package for free if you run an ENB-contracted driver for the whole season! (yeah pi, i'm prostituting the car you gave me :P )

How good is this osca package?

I have no idea, to be honest, It's defenitely an average car, but not paying money = pure win for you, right? Also it's pure win for me, because that way my drivers can rack up experience i am unable to give them.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Becuse it is free and I am perfectly happy to run one of your drivers then deal.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

andrew wrote:Becuse it is free and I am perfectly happy to run one of your drivers then deal.

Alright, you can run Gendebien in the regular season, and Bianchi in the Belgian GP (Bianchi is not experienced enough to run a full season). You will have O.S.C.A. 53 chassis 1 and O.S.C.A. 3000V8 engine 1 at your disposal for the full season. Also, if you want to make a deal with Biscione, you go ahead. I just need to make sure that if he wants as much influence in this series as he usually has in series, that he has to work for it ;)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:
andrew wrote:Becuse it is free and I am perfectly happy to run one of your drivers then deal.

Alright, you can run Gendebien in the regular season, and Bianchi in the Belgian GP (Bianchi is not experienced enough to run a full season). You will have O.S.C.A. 53 chassis 1 and O.S.C.A. 3000V8 engine 1 at your disposal for the full season. Also, if you want to make a deal with Biscione, you go ahead. I just need to make sure that if he wants as much influence in this series as he usually has in series, that he has to work for it ;)

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssss!!!!!

Image Image