Red Bull come up with new ideas to improve Formula 1

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
andrew2209

Red Bull come up with new ideas to improve Formula 1

Post by andrew2209 »

http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsports/f ... ture-ideas

I don't know about you, but some of these ideas would be quite entertaining to watch, even if they are a little bit "Mario Kart-esque"
roblo97

Re: Red Bull come up with new ideas to improve Formula 1

Post by roblo97 »

I would love to see the lottery one for sure because then Mr Talent would get pole position :D
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

roblomas52 wrote:I would love to see the lottery one for sure because then Mr Talent would get pole position :D

I believe that until the 1930s the grid order in a GP was decided by a lottery-style format IIRC.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

good_Ralf wrote:
roblomas52 wrote:I would love to see the lottery one for sure because then Mr Talent would get pole position :D

I believe that until the 1930s the grid order in a GP was decided by a lottery-style format IIRC.

I think your right there mate.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

I have an idea.

When the FIA is in a quandry over what penalty to issue to someone: Use RNG
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

go_Rubens wrote:

I have an idea.

If calsberg did top lel ways of pissing of Bernie… :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

roblomas52 wrote:
go_Rubens wrote:

I have an idea.

If calsberg did top lel ways of pissing of Bernie… :lol:

What's worrying is that Bernie has actually suggested one of Red Bull's "ideas" before - creating shortcuts on tracks.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

watka wrote:What's worrying is that Bernie has actually suggested one of Red Bull's "ideas" before - creating shortcuts on tracks.

Hell, sometimes I think those Tilkedromes were built with "The Finger" in mind.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

DOSBoot wrote:
watka wrote:What's worrying is that Bernie has actually suggested one of Red Bull's "ideas" before - creating shortcuts on tracks.

Hell, sometimes I think those Tilkedromes were built with "The Finger" in mind.

The Tilkedromes are so tight because Lewis Hamilton is good at those kinds of tracks and they want to keep the British audience happy. That was a joke, if you couldn't tell.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I find it a sorry state of affairs when a team, the champions no less, manages some time to ironically mock both FIA and FOM ideas for the sport...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:I find it a sorry state of affairs when a team, the champions no less, manages some time to ironically mock both FIA and FOM ideas for the sport...

It isnt really though is it? Its hardly like Newey and Horner have sat about and penned them together. This is all the work of the media department who currently have nothing else to do.
Just For One Day...
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Only one of them could be managed once a year, in a „wacky race” of some sorts - the random lottery grid.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
DanielPT wrote:I find it a sorry state of affairs when a team, the champions no less, manages some time to ironically mock both FIA and FOM ideas for the sport...

It isnt really though is it? Its hardly like Newey and Horner have sat about and penned them together. This is all the work of the media department who currently have nothing else to do.

Yes, I know. I think I failed to pass my point across. What I meant was that the current crop of ideas is so off the mark that even the champion team managed to produce something, even on their website, even by their media department, mocking the powers that rule F1. I am not criticising Red Bull for doing it, mind you. It's their job (media department) to deflect attention from the current troubles the team is facing. I am using the fact that they mocked those ideas, labelling them as "crazy", to further criticise this kind of gimmicks that only detract attention even further from the racing which is supposed to be the core business instead of a "delivering a show".
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Only one thing I objects....

Circuit Shortcuts

There's no point to race if you can shortcut unless they tricked the drivers by if they shortcutted, 15 seconds added to race time per cuts
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

One thing I just thought of is why not let teams decide when they can have a double points race (rather than put in the end). Each team can chose which week-end they decide to activate their double points 'joker' (have to call it before FP1). It would add much more interest and mean you have at least two cars going for it, tactics both in and outside the track.

I'm thinking of the midfield teams who always say this could be their week-end, using the double points card, and having doubly rejectful week-end :D
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

TheBigJ wrote:One thing I just thought of is why not let teams decide when they can have a double points race (rather than put in the end). Each team can chose which week-end they decide to activate their double points 'joker' (have to call it before FP1). It would add much more interest and mean you have at least two cars going for it, tactics both in and outside the track.

I'm thinking of the midfield teams who always say this could be their week-end, using the double points card, and having doubly rejectful week-end :D

It's still too gimmicky for my taste, but it's still an improvement. I'd take it over the current idea.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

AxelP800 wrote:Only one thing I objects....

Circuit Shortcuts

There's no point to race if you can shortcut unless they tricked the drivers by if they shortcutted, 15 seconds added to race time per cuts

It is used in some rallycross circuits, though, and nobody really seems to object it. Of course, the rule there is that one driver is only allowed to take a shortcut once in the whole race, which makes the shortcut a tactical decision.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I think there was some single-maker series where top 6 of the qualifying was put into the lottery and their order was shaken up. A driver was awarded point for each position (s)he lost. So being fastest in qualifying and ending 4th after the lottery gave a driver three extra points.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

TheBigJ wrote:One thing I just thought of is why not let teams decide when they can have a double points race (rather than put in the end). Each team can chose which week-end they decide to activate their double points 'joker' (have to call it before FP1). It would add much more interest and mean you have at least two cars going for it, tactics both in and outside the track.

It's almost as if you had just listened to the most recent F1 Rejects podcast for inspiration... ;) :roll:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

dr-baker wrote:

It's almost as if you had just listened to the most recent F1 Rejects podcast for inspiration... ;) :roll:

lol sorry didn't realise. :oops:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

TheBigJ wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

lol sorry didn't realise. :oops:

:lol: It's fine - just shows that you're thinking along the same lines as the F1 Rejects overlords. Great minds thinking alike and all that stuff...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

...But fools seldom differ. :lol:
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy