Women's GT Junior Cup 2014/2015 - Season over!

Archive for the three above subforums
dr-baker

Re: Women's GT Junior Cup - Important rule changes

Post by dr-baker »

I agree with the last two posters to this thread.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

I would like to see at least the new fuel and tyre suppliers. In the end we all have to adapt to the rules so i'm ok with all proposals.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Hermann95 wrote:I would like to see at least the new fuel and tyre suppliers. In the end we all have to adapt to the rules so i'm ok with all proposals.

Not necessarily. If most of you don't want any new rules (be it this season or any of the following), I'm not gonna force new rules upon you. That's the last thing I would want to do.

I just had the strange feeling, this series could need a little improvement, because 12 rounds are bit too long for players to only sit by and watch almost helplessly as the season progresses. Maybe I'm trying to solve problems, where there aren't any, but I can imagine it being pretty frustrating to see things happening without many chances to change things for the better. Again, maybe that's just me. I was simply afraid, people might not like the lack of possibilities to influence the performance of their teams (other than playing around with the level of aggressiveness the entire time) and jump ship because of this. That's why I felt the urge to improve the rules a bit.

As I said, it might not be a very good idea to introduce new rules halfway into this season, and if most of you don't want it to happen, it won't happen. It's as simple as this. I'm perfectly fine with every direction this series might be going. :)
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Bugatti choses to wait until next season for the new rules. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Turbogirl wrote:
Hermann95 wrote:I would like to see at least the new fuel and tyre suppliers. In the end we all have to adapt to the rules so i'm ok with all proposals.

Not necessarily. If most of you don't want any new rules (be it this season or any of the following), I'm not gonna force new rules upon you. That's the last thing I would want to do.

I just had the strange feeling, this series could need a little improvement, because 12 rounds are bit too long for players to only sit by and watch almost helplessly as the season progresses. Maybe I'm trying to solve problems, where there aren't any, but I can imagine it being pretty frustrating to see things happening without many chances to change things for the better. Again, maybe that's just me. I was simply afraid, people might not like the lack of possibilities to influence the performance of their teams (other than playing around with the level of aggressiveness the entire time) and jump ship because of this. That's why I felt the urge to improve the rules a bit.

As I said, it might not be a very good idea to introduce new rules halfway into this season, and if most of you don't want it to happen, it won't happen. It's as simple as this. I'm perfectly fine with every direction this series might be going. :)

Actually i ment the rules in generall, not only new rules. I really would like to see this new rules, mainly because my team is pretty bad, but i think introducing all rules at once would be too much.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Hermann95 wrote:Actually i ment the rules in generall, not only new rules. I really would like to see this new rules, mainly because my team is pretty bad, but i think introducing all rules at once would be too much.

Ah, sorry. Seems I misunderstood you there. :oops:

The rules I'd like to introduce are the same as in the Women's GT World Championship, so for details click here and scroll down to my post titled "The new upgrade system in detail". As for the tyre and fuel suppliers: I would introduce a total of 10 different tyre suppliers (Avon, Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Firestone, Goodyear, Hankook, Michelin, Pirelli and Yokohama) and also 10 fuel suppliers (Agip, BP, Castrol, Elf, Esso, Fina, Mobil, Shell, Texaco and Valvoline), each with their very own performance stats, influencing a team's performance just like everything and everyone else here does. Just like you choose a Technical Director right now, you would then also choose a tyre and fuel supplier, each can either improve your cars or not. By testing you'll find out, if your choice was good or not.

Like I said, these rules will definitely come into play in the Women's GT World Championship from 2015 onwards, but maybe also in the Junior Cup, depending on how the feedback is during our usual rules discussion at the end of this season. For now, it looks like you'll have to wait for rule changes until then, because currently most players voted against the introduction of new rules. But there are still some votes left, so not all hope is lost.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Montezuma wrote:Bring on the changes, we need the winning formula which we don't have!

Marc Henri wrote:Luca, you're not serious?! Be realistic, and save your idiocy for F1.

Montezuma wrote:You do know I have the ability to fire your ass, giusto?

Marc Henri wrote:Say whatever the hell you want, but the rules shouldn't be changed, even if we're not winning. This is for driver evaluation and development, and all you want is outright victory, just like Montezuma!

Montezuma wrote:Whatever man, you get your way, but your logic is slightly off.

In short, we don't want rule changes, even though Luca won't stop with his pressurization of the rules to be brought in. Luca has been driven crazy by F1's new regs and hasn't been in a good mood anyway, so don't listen to him :P
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Dodge supports the rule changes, but would like them to be introduced for the new season, not for the rest of the current season.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Butterfox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Butterfox »

Whatever rule changes will be, the rules really rule. (no, i'm not stoned!)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

I'm pleased to see the rule changes as it might be able to lift up a struggling Chevy team.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Turbogirl

Women's GT Junior Cup - RoC pre-qualifying up!

Post by Turbogirl »

New Rules for the Junior Cup ?

Right now we have 6 players contra rule changes for the remainder of this season, 2 players pro rule changes, and whatever This was contributing to the discussion ( :P ). That's a total of 9 votes so far, with 5 left to be cast (if said players want to cast their vote at all). Theoretically, the pro-side can still win this, but only if all remaining votes are cast pro rule changes.

I'll let this poll go on a bit longer, because now it's time for the Race of Champions to start, so there is enough time for the remaining players to cast their vote.

The Race of Champions - Pre-qualification

Autodromo Carlos Pace (Interlagos), Brazil

Friday, 19th December

Weather: Warm, dry, sunny

Welcome to the pre-qualification for the Race of Champions 2014. The weather is beautiful this Friday afternoon, and the grandstands are also pretty packed already, even though this is only the pre-qualification prior to the big event itself. I guess it was a smart idea to sell tickets for the entire weekend for half the price after all.
This year's Race of Champions was supposed to feature the best of the best, but unfortunately Michael Schumacher is absent, with Jean Alesi taking his place in the Ferrari 333 SP, and a couple of other possible participants declined at the last minute, like Lewis Hamilton, Bernd Schneider and Gerhard Berger.
But despite that, 35 teams have entered this competition, fielding some of the best drivers you can find (and Riccardo Teixeira). Thanks to Michele Mouton's involvement in the Women's GT World Championship Series, a lot of female drivers have answered the call as well, more than in previous years. Rumors have it, Mouton herself had the idea to field a Senior Ladies Team with Giovanna Amati and Ellen Lohr, but that idea was scrapped at the last minute.
Famous German driver Jutta Kleinschmidt has announced, that this event will mark her retirement from professional racing, especially since she had received the offer to work for the WDA as a member of the Technical Regulations Department.
Only 25 contestants will make it into the official qualification on Saturday. One driver of each team will participate in the pre-qualification, said driver will be determined by ballot (RNG).

Code: Select all

01    Tom Kristensen              (# 6 Audi R18 e-tron quattro)            1:18.201
02    Alain Prost                 (#23 Ligier JS-P2 Nissan)                1:18.340
03    Niclas Schönström           (#19 Epsilon Euskadi EE1 Judd)           1:18.377
04    Daniel Ricciardo            (#33 Porsche RS Spyder Evo)              1:18.787
05    Jules Bianchi               (#30 Pescarolo 03 Judd)                  1:18.867
06    Sebastien Bourdais          (#31 Peugeot 908)                        1:19.017
07    Gary Brabham                (#34 Radical SR9 Judd)                   1:19.313
08    Dario Franchitti            (#28 Morgan LMP2 Nissan)                 1:19.404
09    Andrea Bertolini            (#15 DBA4 03s Zytek)                     1:19.432
10    Fernando Alonso             (#20 Ferrari 333 SP)                     1:19.604

11    Joey Hand                   (# 9 BMW V12 LMR)                        1:19.734
12    Jamie Green                 (#11 Courage LC70 AER)                   1:19.795
13    Rahel Frey                  (# 5 Audi R18 e-tron quattro)            1:20.048
14    Adrian Sutil                (#29 Nasamax DM139 Judd)                 1:20.132
15    Adrien Tambay               (#12 Courage-Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet)      1:20.180
16    Bruno Senna                 (# 4 Aston Martin AMR-One)               1:20.322
17    Susie Wolff                 (# 8 Bentley Speed-8)                    1:20.415
18    Toranosuke Takagi           (#16 Dome S102/5 Judd)                   1:20.550
19    Jacques Villeneuve          (#17 Embassy Racing WF01 Zytek)          1:20.594
20    Marco Andretti              (#10 Caddilac LMP 02)                    1:20.748

21    Luca Badoer                 (#22 Lavaggi LS1 Ford)                   1:20.837
22    Gabriele Tarquini           (#18 Embassy Racing WF01 Zytek)          1:20.879
23    Edoardo Mortara             (#26 Lotus B12/60 Toyota)                1:20.900
24    Nicolas Lapierre            (#36 Toyota TS030 Hybrid)                1:20.944
25    Danica Patrick              (# 7 Bentley Speed-8)                    1:21.023

Did not pre-qualify

26    Greg Mansell                (#21 Ginetta GZ09s Zytek)                1:21.148
27    Giedo van der Garde         (#24 Lister Storm LMP Hybrid)            1:21.410
28    Natacha Gachnang            (#32 Peugeot 908)                        1:21.432
29    Davide Valsecchi            (#25 Lotus B12/60 Toyota)                1:21.443
30    Domenico Schiattarella      (# 3 Alpine A450)                        1:21.457
31    Henry Arundel               (#27 MG-Lola EX265C)                     1:21.869
32    Ukyo Katayama               (# 2 Acura ARX-02A)                      1:22.061
33    Keiko Ihara                 (# 0 Acura ARX-02A)                      1:22.388
34    Brittany Force              (#35 Toyota TS030 Hybrid)                1:23.088
35    Michelle Bumgarner          (#14 Creation CA07 AIM)                  1:23.588

That's quite a surprising result, I must say. We already have one of the favoured Peugeot 908 out of the competition, also one of the Toyotas, but Team Full Force was a big questionmark or dare I say "PR-stunt" right from the beginning. The Force sisters have no experience with LMP prototypes, so their participation in either the qualifying or the race itself was highly questionable in the first place.
But Natacha Gachnang's showing sure is a huge disappointment, especially since Sebastien Bourdais managed to pre-qualify the sister car as high as 6th place. Unlike Team Full Force, the Peugeot Ladies Team was tipped to be a certain participant in the race, and now they're already out of the picture on Friday. I'm sure, Natacha Gachnang did her best to qualify the car, but this is still a surprising outcome, to say the least.
Danica Patrick was extremely lucky to pre-qualify the second Bentley there, and she was also beaten by Susie Wolff in the sister car by almost a second. That is saying something, even if I'm not quite sure what.
Both Acuras are already out of the competition, also the Lister Storm and the Mansell car. In Greg Mansell's case it's a too-close-for-comfort-situation, being beaten by Danica Patrick in the last minute of this session. Too bad, I would have loved to see good old Nigel once again going to his limit and beyond in a race.
This was also a sad end for Jutta Kleinschmidt's career, who had announced earlier this weekend, she would retire from professional racing in favour of becoming a member of the WDA from 2015 onwards. With her teammate Michelle Bumgarner dead last in pre-qualifying, Kleinschmidt didn't even get a chance to retire from the scene with a bang (or at least driving).

Next: Race of Champions Qualifying up on Thursday the 24th (CET).
Turbogirl

Re: Women's GT Junior Cup - RoC pre-qualifying up!

Post by Turbogirl »

The Race of Champions - Qualification

Saturday, 20th December

Weather: Warm, dry, sunny, later overcast

The weather forecast has predicted rain on Sunday, so we might get to see a wet Race of Champions. But despite this, the event is already action-packed enough, with the qualifying coming our way. And in this session we will also say goodbye to five more teams, because the final grid for this year's Race of Champions can only consist of 20 cars at maximum. These are the rules, and we shall stick to them.
Again, the drivers to participate in this session were determined by ballot (RNG), which led to us seeing some familiar faces from the pre-qualifying. Gary Brabham made his second appearance in the Radical Judd, as well as Rahel Frey for Audi and Toranosuke Takagi for Dome.

01    Allan McNish                (# 6 Audi R18 e-tron quattro)            1:18.216
02    Mikko Hirvonen              (#30 Pescarolo 03 Judd)                  1:18.233
03    Valtteri Bottas             (# 7 Bentley Speed-8)                    1:18.248
04    Sebastian Vettel            (#31 Peugeot 908)                        1:18.613
05    Gary Brabham                (#34 Radical SR9 Judd)                   1:18.688
06    Augusto Farfus              (#11 Courage LC70 AER)                   1:18.755
07    Michael Andretti            (#10 Caddilac LMP 02)                    1:18.916
08    Damon Hill                  (# 4 Aston Martin AMR-One)               1:19.043
09    Rahel Frey                  (# 5 Audi R18 e-tron quattro)            1:19.111
10    Helio Castroneves           (#28 Morgan LMP2 Nissan)                 1:19.135

11    Christophe Bouchut          (#36 Toyota TS030 Hybrid)                1:19.261
12    Paul di Resta               (#17 Embassy Racing WF01 Zytek)          1:19.296
13    Mark Webber                 (#33 Porsche RS Spyder Evo)              1:19.459
14    Yvan Muller                 (#23 Ligier JS-P2 Nissan)                1:19.495
15    Bruno Spengler              (# 9 BMW V12 LMR)                        1:19.573
16    Jenson Button               (#15 DBA4 03s Zytek)                     1:19.706
17    Toranosuke Takagi           (#16 Dome S102/5 Judd)                   1:19.725
18    Charles Pic                 (#12 Courage-Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet)      1:19.859
19    Brendon Hartley             (#29 Nasamax DM139 Judd)                 1:19.870
20    Katherine Legge             (# 8 Bentley Speed-8)                    1:19.954

Did not qualify

21    Jean-Denis Deletraz         (#22 Lavaggi LS1 Ford)                   1:20.035
22    Giancarlo Fisichella        (#18 Embassy Racing WF01 Zytek)          1:20.120
23    Angela Cope                 (#19 Epsilon Euskadi EE1 Judd)           1:20.541
24    Beitske Visser              (#26 Lotus B12/60 Toyota)                1:20.564
25    Jean Alesi                  (#20 Ferrari 333 SP)                     1:20.630

Valtteri Bottas showed his undoubted talent by qualifying third in the exact same car Danica Patrick had had trouble pre-qualifying on Friday. The second Bentley however was extremely lucky to escape a DNF. It was a very close call between Katherine Legge and Jean-Denis Deletraz, both battling for last position on the grid.
Audi headed the timesheets again, this time having Scotsman Alan McNish behind the wheel of the R18 e-tron quattro. Rahel Frey in the sister car climbed up to 9th place today, but was still unsatisfied with her overall performance, even though she was the best placed woman once again.
We've heard from Jean Alesi, that something was wrong with the Ferrari. He assumes, it was either the engine or the fuel pump, and we tend to believe him, because a man with Alesi's reputation doesn't get beaten so easily by so many other drivers without being in deep trouble. But anyway, Ferrari's out of the competition for this year.
So was Sergio Rinland's Epsilon Euskadi, despite driver Niclas Schönström having put the car on P3 during pre-qualification. But today it was Angela Cope's turn to give it her all, and what she gave wasn't nearly enough to secure a place on the starting grid for tomorrow.

Next: Race of Champions up on Sunday the 27th (CET).
Turbogirl

Women's GT Junior Cup - Race of Champions 2014

Post by Turbogirl »

The Race of Champions 2014

Sunday, 21st December

Weather: Warm, overcast, later heavy rain

After the disappointing DNQ for the Ferrari Team, the mechanics were ordered to find the exact reason for this disastrous showing, especially since Jean Alesi claimed it wasn't his fault at all. On Sunday morning it became public, that the engine had lost power due to at least one cylinder not working properly. Alesi must have felt relieved to hear this.
It was obviously going to rain at some point during the race, and dark clouds were already looming above the circuit. The first raindrops began to fall fifteen minutes before the start, but only a few teams had taken the opportunity to mount Intermediates.
As the field approached Turn 1, Sebastien Loeb and Juan Pablo Montoya touched, ending in both spinning and being passed by the entire field, but both were able to travel on. Mark Webber was not so lucky however. He tried to avoid the spinning Montoya, resulting in a little bodywork exchange. Then Webber's Porsche was hit by another car (none of the cameras filmed that specific part of the accident, because they were too focussed on Montoya and Loeb spinning, so it's uncertain, who hit Webber), which sent him off the track, crashing into the barriers in Turn 1.
This led to the first retirement of the race, while Olivier Beretta took the lead from Allan McNish.

Standings after 30 laps

01    Olivier Beretta             (#30 Pescarolo 03 Judd)                  30 Laps
02    Allan McNish                (# 6 Audi R18 e-tron quattro)            +  3.420
03    Alain Prost                 (#23 Ligier JS-P2 Nissan)                +  5.089
04    Christophe Bouchut          (#36 Toyota TS030 Hybrid)                +  9.052
05    Augusto Farfus              (#11 Courage LC70 AER)                   + 15.516
06    Rahel Frey                  (# 5 Audi R18 e-tron quattro)            + 15.759
07    Dario Franchitti            (#28 Morgan LMP2 Nissan)                 + 15.893
08    Damon Hill                  (# 4 Aston Martin AMR-One)               + 19.218
09    Nick Heidfeld               (# 9 BMW V12 LMR)                        + 19.999
10    Jenson Button               (#15 DBA4 03s Zytek)                     + 20.782

11    David Brabham               (#34 Radical SR9 Judd)                   + 22.325
12    Mario Andretti              (#10 Caddilac LMP 02)                    + 24.473
13    Jacques Villeneuve          (#17 Embassy Racing WF01 Zytek)          + 25.796
14    Sebastien Loeb              (#31 Peugeot 908)                        + 26.655
15    Toranosuke Takagi           (#16 Dome S102/5 Judd)                   + 32.171
16    Riccardo Teixeira           (#29 Nasamax DM139 Judd)                 + 38.741
17    Juan Pablo Montoya          (# 7 Bentley Speed-8)                    + 43.584
18    Katherine Legge             (# 8 Bentley Speed-8)                    + 44.888
19    Max Chilton                 (#12 Courage-Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet)      + 45.979
DNF   Mark Webber                 (#33 Porsche RS Spyder Evo)              0 Laps    Accident

The rain increased around lap 35, and most of the teams adapted perfectly to this situation by calling their drivers in very late for the change and the obligatory pit stop, so they could also mount wets or intermediates.
Dario Franchitti, on his way to the pits, hit a stain of water at Turn 4, which led to him spinning into a nearby sand trap, where the Scotsman retired on lap 34.
Surprisingly, the Ligier pit crew worked slightly faster than the Audi crew, and Yvan Muller was able to exit the pits in front of Tom Kristensen, taking second place in the process.
Vanina Ickx passed Jamie Green on lap 42 to take fifth place from the Courage driver.
The second Courage, driven by Charles Pic in the second third of the race, encountered aquaplaning on lap 54 and retired. The rain had increased even further during the final laps of the second third, and all drivers still on intermediates had to come into the pits once more to change to wets.

Standings after 60 laps

01    Mikko Hirvonen              (#30 Pescarolo 03 Judd)                 60 Laps
02    Yvan Muller                 (#23 Ligier JS-P2 Nissan)               +    2.299
03    Tom Kristensen              (# 6 Audi R18 e-tron quattro)           +    7.787
04    Nicolas Lapierre            (#36 Toyota TS030 Hybrid)               +   13.576
05    Vanina Ickx                 (# 5 Audi R18 e-tron quattro)           +   17.503
06    Jamie Green                 (#11 Courage LC70 AER)                  +   20.348
07    Bruno Spengler              (# 9 BMW V12 LMR)                       +   21.544
08    Helio Castroneves           (#28 Morgan LMP2 Nissan)                +   23.845
09    Sebastien Bourdais          (#31 Peugeot 908)                       +   27.276
10    Andrea Bertolini            (#15 DBA4 03s Zytek)                    +   29.872

11    Valtteri Bottas             (# 7 Bentley Speed-8)                   +   37.799
12    Gary Brabham                (#34 Radical SR9 Judd)                  +   39.255
13    Michael Andretti            (#10 Caddilac LMP 02)                   +   42.711
14    Brendon Hartley             (#29 Nasamax DM139 Judd)                +   54.293
15    Susie Wolff                 (# 8 Bentley Speed-8)                   + 1:10.066
16    Paul di Resta               (#17 Embassy Racing WF01 Zytek)         + 1:16.434
17    Shinji Nakano               (#16 Dome S102/5 Judd)                  + 1:21.261
DNF   Charles Pic                 (#12 Courage-Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet)     54 Laps    Accident
DNF   Dario Franchitti            (# 4 Aston Martin AMR-One)              34 Laps    Accident
DNF   Mark Webber                 (#33 Porsche RS Spyder Evo)              0 Laps    Accident

After these messages we'll be right back with the grand finale (yes, I'm trying to be funny again :D ):

The final pit stop / driver change went a lot better for both Audi teams, enabling Andre Lotterer to leave Laurent Aiello in the Ligier behind, but also the sister car with Cyndie Allemann behind the wheel was able to get past the Toyota TS030 Hybrid, which suffered an engine failure shortly after and had to retire.
On lap 74, fighting for positions, Kyle Busch and Danica Patrick touched, resulting in them both spinning on the slippery surface. Marco Andretti and Martin Tomczyk, unable to avoid a collision, crashed into the spinning cars, which not only led to four retirements on the same lap, but also to a safety car phase, so the marshalls could salvage the wrecked prototypes. Said safety car phase was resolved on lap 76, with Jules Bianchi leading Andre Lotterer and Laurent Aiello, who produced an abysmal re-start.
While still clearly in the lead, the Pescarolo Judd of Bianchi suffered an engine failure on lap 80, handing over the lead to Andre Lotterer in the Audi R18. Around the same time, Cyndie Allemann got the better over Laurent Aiello in the Ligier and took second place.
The Race of Champions 2014 ended in heavy rain, but also with an Audi 1-2 and a very happy Ladies Team in second place.

Final Standings after 90 laps

01    Andre Lotterer              (# 6 Audi R18 e-tron quattro)           90 Laps
02    Cyndie Allemann             (# 5 Audi R18 e-tron quattro)           +   17.200
03    Laurent Aiello              (#23 Ligier JS-P2 Nissan)               +   23.465
04    Sebastian Vettel            (#31 Peugeot 908)                       +   31.918
05    Joey Hand                   (# 9 BMW V12 LMR)                       +   49.139
06    Geoff Brabham               (#34 Radical SR9 Judd)                  +   54.381
07    Adrian Sutil                (#29 Nasamax DM139 Judd)                +   57.987
08    Kimi Raikkonen              (#17 Embassy Racing WF01 Zytek)         + 1:03.074
09    Pippa Mann                  (# 8 Bentley Speed-8)                   + 1:20.245
DNF   Jules Bianchi               (#30 Pescarolo 03 Judd)                 80 Laps    Engine

DNF   Kyle Busch                  (#28 Morgan LMP2 Nissan)                74 Laps    Collision
DNF   Martin Tomczyk              (#11 Courage LC70 AER)                  74 Laps    Collision
DNF   Danica Patrick              (# 7 Bentley Speed-8)                   74 Laps    Collision
DNF   Marco Andretti              (#10 Caddilac LMP 02)                   74 Laps    Collision
DNF   Ashley Freiberg             (#15 DBA4 03s Zytek)                    65 Laps    Accident
DNF   Kosuke Matsuura             (#16 Dome S102/5 Judd)                  64 Laps    Accident
DNF   Alexander Wurz              (#36 Toyota TS030 Hybrid)               61 Laps    Engine
DNF   Charles Pic                 (#12 Courage-Oreca FLM09 Chevrolet)     54 Laps    Accident
DNF   Dario Franchitti            (# 4 Aston Martin AMR-One)              34 Laps    Accident

The Podium of the 2014 Race of Champions:

1.) Allan McNish, Tom Kristensen, Andre Lotterer (#6 Audi R18 e-tron quattro)
2.) Rahel Frey, Vanina Ickx, Cyndie Allemann (#5 Audi R18 e-tron quattro)
3.) Alain Prost, Yvan Muller, Laurent Aiello (#23 Ligier JS-P2 Nissan)

Next: Junior Cup Round 07 - Germany up on Tuesday the 29th (CET)!

:!: Important Note: Since no more players cast their vote pro or against the introduction of new rules for the remaining six rounds of the Women's GT Junior Cup, we have 6 votes contra, 2 votes pro (and I'm still trying to make sense out of This' comment on the topic), which means, we will continue the series with the already established rules.
Turbogirl

Women's GT Junior Cup - Round 7 Germany

Post by Turbogirl »

7th Round of the Women's GT Junior Cup

Sunday, 11th January 2015

Sachsenring, Germany

83 Laps (cut short to 75 laps) / 3,671 km (2,28 mi)

Qualifying

Weather: Very cold, dry, overcast

Germany in the wintertime, but luckily without ice and snow. The seventh round of the Women's GT Junior Cup began with a literal slap in the face for everyone who wasn't Leah Pruett, because it was Pruett herself who handed out the slap in the first place by beating her own teammate (and also the rest of the grid) by almost a second in qualifying.
The main problem for each and every team were the winterly temperatures, which were poisonous for the Goodyear tyres, but experts doubt that any other rubber would have fared better under these circumstances. Most drivers weren't able to heat up their tyres properly, which led to a very strange qualifying result.
The grid was strung out over seven seconds, which is rather unusual for the Junior Cup (and also for most other GT series in existence). And to everyone's surprise, we even got to see the first DNQ of the season, with Emilee Tominovich not able to put her Chevrolet Corvette on the grid due to abysmal handling caused by cold tyres.

01    Leah Pruett                 (Mercedes-Benz)        1:21.589
02    Hillary Will                (Mercedes-Benz)        1:22.353
03    Alessandra Neri             (Audi)                 1:22.362
04    Tiffany Chittenden          (Dodge)                1:22.811
05    Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky   (Ferrari)              1:23.048
06    Veronica Valverde           (Ferrari)              1:23.354
07    Elena Myers                 (Audi)                 1:23.703
08    Elena Lana                  (BMW)                  1:24.262
09    Collete Davis               (McLaren)              1:24.361
10    Leilani Münter              (Lotus)                1:24.496

11    Molly Taylor                (BMW)                  1:24.528
12    Shannon McIntosh            (McLaren)              1:24.961
13    Ramona Kiss                 (Toyota)               1:25.076
14    Alexandra Asmasoebrata      (Bugatti)              1:25.195
15    Gwendolyn Hertzberger       (Morgan)               1:25.441
16    Mishael Abbott              (Morgan)               1:25.817
17    Kazumi Mikami               (Bugatti)              1:25.841
18    Amber Anderson              (Toyota)               1:26.302
19    Vicky Piria                 (Nissan)               1:26.571
20    Sarah McCune                (Nissan)               1:26.677

21    Alison MacLeod              (Dodge)                1:26.869
22    Gaby Dela Merced            (Maserati)             1:26.905
23    Courtney Force              (Jaguar)               1:27.161
24    Hiromi Kajikuma             (Jaguar)               1:27.162
25    Marika Diana                (Chevrolet)            1:27.224
26    Natalia Kowalska            (Lotus)                1:27.392
27    Carmen Jorda                (Maserati)             1:27.431
DNQ   Emilee Tominovich           (Chevrolet)            1:27.705

105 % = 1:27.668

Race

Weather: Very cold, overcast, later heavy rain

When the race was started, rain was falling lightly, but no one really worried, not knowing what was coming their way, although weather reports had already spread the terrible news the day before.
The Mercedes-Benz duo stayed in the lead, with Alessandra Neri and Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky, who managed to sneak past Chittenden's Dodge, close behind. The SLS AMG GT3 showed its true capability once more, as it had done already at the beginning of this season. The first four cars set off in a train, while Tiffany Chittenden fell behind and got under increasing threat from Veronica Valverde.
At this early stage, Leah Pruett was already opening a remarkable gap to her pursuers. It seemed, as if both Mercedes ladies tried to avoid another beating from Alessandra Neri or Audi in general at their very home race. Insiders claim to have seen the entire board of directors of Mercedes-Benz in the pitlane at one time or another during the weekend. You could literally feel the pressure on the "silver arrows".
Halfway through the race, the rain increased, forcing all drivers to pit for wets, which is allowed under such circumstances. The rain had increased into a real cloudburst, which changed conditions for the worse, causing a lot of retirements in the process. But even despite this, Leah Pruett stayed well clear ahead of the rest and could cruise towards the chequered flag.
The rain got so heavy, the race had to be cut short to 90 % of the distance, thus the full amount of Championship points was awarded to every driver within 90 % of that distance (90 % of the total race distance = 75 laps / 90 % of 75 laps = 67 laps). Only three more drivers retired after the magical 67th lap, Carmen Jorda as the final retirement on lap 73 with a blown engine. She had already told her crew, the engine wasn't working properly anymore since lap 65, but she was ordered to stay out as long as possible.
Overall, these terrible conditions proved too much for the young and rather inexperienced ladies, causing only eleven drivers to "survive" this race. Leah Pruett won this round by over 15 seconds from her teammate Hillary Will, a truly magnificent drive. But Alessandra Neri, although retired due to a rare hydraulics defect, still kept the lead in the Driver's Standings by 9 points.
This incredible Mercedes-Benz 1-2 gave the team an advantage of 101 points in the Constructor's Cup, making it almost impossible for any other team to catch up with the "silver arrows" until the end of this season.

01    Leah Pruett                 (Mercedes-Benz)        75 Laps
02    Hillary Will                (Mercedes-Benz)        +   15.648
03    Tiffany Chittenden          (Dodge)                +   16.885
04    Molly Taylor                (BMW)                  +   18.599
05    Leilani Münter              (Lotus)                +   26.535
06    Elena Myers                 (Audi)                 +   27.623
07    Alexandra Asmasoebrata      (Bugatti)              +   28.965
08    Kazumi Mikami               (Bugatti)              +   39.188
09    Natalia Kowalska            (Lotus)                +   42.776
10    Courtney Force              (Jaguar)               +   48.754

11    Amber Anderson              (Toyota)               + 1:03.168
12    Carmen Jorda                (Maserati)             73 Laps    Engine
13    Hiromi Kajikuma             (Jaguar)               70 Laps    Accident
14    Alison MacLeod              (Dodge)                69 Laps    Accident
DNF   Mishael Abbott              (Morgan)               62 Laps    Accident
DNF   Marika Diana                (Chevrolet)            56 Laps    Accident
DNF   Vicky Piria                 (Nissan)               53 Laps    Accident
DNF   Gaby Dela Merced            (Maserati)             50 Laps    Accident
DNF   Sarah McCune                (Nissan)               48 Laps    Accident
DNF   Gwendolyn Hertzberger       (Morgan)               47 Laps    Accident

DNF   Alessandra Neri             (Audi)                 44 Laps    Hydraulics
DNF   Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky   (Ferrari)              43 Laps    Accident
DNF   Veronica Valverde           (Ferrari)              39 Laps    Accident
DNF   Elena Lana                  (BMW)                  37 Laps    Accident
DNF   Collete Davis               (McLaren)              33 Laps    Accident
DNF   Ramona Kiss                 (Toyota)               31 Laps    Accident
DNF   Shannon McIntosh            (McLaren)              29 Laps    Accident

Driver's Championship

01    Alessandra Neri             (Audi)                265 Points
02    Leah Pruett                 (Mercedes-Benz)       256 Points
03    Hillary Will                (Mercedes-Benz)       206 Points
04    Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky   (Ferrari)             170 Points
05    Tiffany Chittenden          (Dodge)               169 Points
06    Leilani Münter              (Lotus)               127 Points
07    Elena Myers                 (Audi)                 96 Points
08    Veronica Valverde           (Ferrari)              90 Points
09    Molly Taylor                (BMW)                  62 Points
10    Alexandra Asmasoebrata      (Bugatti)              58 Points

11    Elena Lana                  (BMW)                  48 Points
12    Shannon McIntosh            (McLaren)              48 Points
13    Hiromi Kajikuma             (Jaguar)               38 Points
14    Courtney Force              (Jaguar)               35 Points
15    Gwendolyn Hertzberger       (Morgan)               34 Points
16    Vicky Piria                 (Nissan)               31 Points
17    Natalia Kowalska            (Lotus)                30 Points
18    Gaby Dela Merced            (Maserati)             28 Points
19    Carmen Jorda                (Maserati)             26 Points
20    Kazumi Mikami               (Bugatti)              25 Points

21    Mishael Abbott              (Morgan)               18 Points
22    Collete Davis               (McLaren)              15 Points
23    Sarah McCune                (Nissan)               13 Points
24    Amber Anderson              (Toyota)               10 Points
25    Emilee Tominovich           (Chevrolet)             5 Points
26    Marika Diana                (Chevrolet)             5 Points
27    Alison MacLeod              (Dodge)                 2 Points

Constructor's Championship

01    Mercedes-Benz        462 Points
02    Audi                 361 Points
03    Ferrari              260 Points
04    Dodge                171 Points
05    Lotus                157 Points
06    BMW                  110 Points
07    Bugatti               83 Points

08    Jaguar                73 Points
09    McLaren               63 Points
10    Maserati              54 Points
11    Morgan                52 Points
12    Nissan                44 Points
13    Toyota                10 Points
14    Chevrolet             10 Points

Reject of the Race: Tough one, because the weather produced a rather interesting result. And since more than just one team had a double DNF this time, I think I'll go with Hillary Will (again). She has equal material and more experience than Leah Pruett, yet she still gets beaten on a regular basis by her, despite all this.

Next: Round 08 - Austria up on Saturday the 3rd (CET)!
dr-baker

Re: Women's GT Junior Cup - Round 7 Germany up!

Post by dr-baker »

26th to 9th? Not bad for a number 2 driver!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Nice to see my team scoring points. Also the qualifying results are promising, maybe we made some progress.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Turbogirl wrote:Reject of the Race: Tough one, because the weather produced a rather interesting result. And since more than just one team had a double DNF this time, I think I'll go with Hillary Will (again). She has equal material and more experience than Leah Pruett, yet she still gets beaten on a regular basis by her, despite all this.

I feel I must defend my driver here. While yes, Hillary has more OVERALL experience, Leah has more recent experience, as she is currently racing, while Hillary has been retired since Sept. 2012, if we want to be picky (She's also Hillary Hines now, if we REALLY want to be picky). So considering we plucked her out of her classroom gig, moved her across Europe, and put her in a car she's never seen, I'd say shes doing ok. :P

Plus while there are no SPECFIC team orders here, both ladies are under strict guidelines to bring both cars home and maximize the WCC. So when she saw Leah was over a second faster than anyone on Saturday, and as you correctly pointed out, the whole MB Board in the pitlane, with Eva Schultz and Dr. Z himself as well, Hillary did the only smart thing and locked in second on Sunday. Giving us a glourious 1-2 at home. Hardly ROTR material, IMHO. But I'm biased. :lol:
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

At least Courtney Force scored more points for Jaguar, but the lack of qualifying pace is concerning us!
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Wallio wrote:
Turbogirl wrote:Reject of the Race: Tough one, because the weather produced a rather interesting result. And since more than just one team had a double DNF this time, I think I'll go with Hillary Will (again). She has equal material and more experience than Leah Pruett, yet she still gets beaten on a regular basis by her, despite all this.

I feel I must defend my driver here. While yes, Hillary has more OVERALL experience, Leah has more recent experience, as she is currently racing, while Hillary has been retired since Sept. 2012, if we want to be picky (She's also Hillary Hines now, if we REALLY want to be picky). So considering we plucked her out of her classroom gig, moved her across Europe, and put her in a car she's never seen, I'd say shes doing ok. :P

Plus while there are no SPECFIC team orders here, both ladies are under strict guidelines to bring both cars home and maximize the WCC. So when she saw Leah was over a second faster than anyone on Saturday, and as you correctly pointed out, the whole MB Board in the pitlane, with Eva Schultz and Dr. Z himself as well, Hillary did the only smart thing and locked in second on Sunday. Giving us a glourious 1-2 at home. Hardly ROTR material, IMHO. But I'm biased. :lol:

All valid points (btw, isn't Leah also Pruett-LeDuc or am I mistaken?), and to be honest, I was a little (okay, VERY) unfair there, being hardpressed to find a ROTR where there isn't really any. I'm thinking about abandoning the ROTR nomination completely, because most of the time these races (and also these ladies behind the wheel) hardly produce any genuine reject material. Maybe it's the game itself, but yeah, I think it's better to let the ROTR nomination rest for good or only bring it up when something REALLY rejectful happens. :)

KL-racer wrote:At least Courtney Force scored more points for Jaguar, but the lack of qualifying pace is concerning us!

No need to be concerned. Most of your rivals have simply put their drivers to AGG, while yours are still on MOD, that's all. ;)
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Turbogirl wrote:

All valid points (btw, isn't Leah also Pruett-LeDuc or am I mistaken?), and to be honest, I was a little (okay, VERY) unfair there, being hardpressed to find a ROTR where there isn't really any. I'm thinking about abandoning the ROTR nomination completely, because most of the time these races (and also these ladies behind the wheel) hardly produce any genuine reject material. Maybe it's the game itself, but yeah, I think it's better to let the ROTR nomination rest for good or only bring it up when something REALLY rejectful happens. :)

Possibly, I only know of Hillary's marriage as I follow her on Twitter. And I wouldn't say its very unfair per say, as you said, the race wasn't very rejectful. I just have to have her back. :P

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Second Double-DNF in a row, and both thanks to accidents?

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Turbogirl

Women's GT Junior Cup - The series has a logo now!

Post by Turbogirl »

Women's GT Junior Cup Logo

Granted, it doesn't look like much, since I'm no graphic designer or an artist for that matter, but if I wouldn't like it, I would never post it. ;)

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... clogo1.jpg

Because the WDA is a department of the FIA, it was only logical to adapt the already existing FIA GT Series logo and add a "female" touch to it.

Women's GT World Championship Logo

And since I'm already here, this is the logo for the World Championship. I've noticed on the main page of the wiki, that it is somehow possible to add a resized version of the logo into the list of featured series. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea how this is supposed to work, so if anyone would be so kind and help me out here, that would be very very nice. :)

http://www.formularejects.com/imageuplo ... cslogo.jpg
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Nice logos :)
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Hermann95 wrote:Nice logos :)

What he said. ;)
MCard LOLA
Turbogirl

Women's GT Junior Cup - Round 8 Austria

Post by Turbogirl »

8th Round of the Women's GT Junior Cup

Sunday, 18th January 2015

Red-Bull-Ring, Austria

76 Laps / 4,318 km (2,68 mi)

Qualifying

Weather: Cold, dry, sunny

The Austria weekend was a surprisingly mild one, with no sign of rain whatsoever. I don't need to tell you, how relieved teams and drivers were, especially after last week's race on the Sachsenring. But the pressure for the title contenders remained the same, since the board of directors of Mercedes-Benz, as well as the ones from Audi and BMW had lengthened their "holidays" to be present in Austria too. Must be the good press...
But if the Audi representatives had hoped for an equally strong showing by their Junior Cup Team here like the one from the World Championship Team in 2014 (first race win for Vanina Ickx and Audi Motorsports in the Women's GT WCS), they must have felt severely disappointed, especially after the Mercedes-Benz Junior Team had rediscovered their old strength recently. And this time around, it was finally Hillary Will's turn to step into the spotlight, taking her first official pole-position in the Junior Cup.
Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky grabbed P2, but was concerned about the fact, she was already so far behind in the driver's standings due to a lot of unnecessary driver errors. Alessandra Neri, who inherited P3, was totally satisfied with her performance. Neither Will nor Ahlin-Kottulinsky bothered her much, since they aren't important to the Championship for now. As long as Neri could finish in front of her main rival Leah Pruett, her world would be in perfect order.

01    Hillary Will                (Mercedes-Benz)        1:33.744
02    Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky   (Ferrari)              1:33.848
03    Alessandra Neri             (Audi)                 1:33.853
04    Veronica Valverde           (Ferrari)              1:33.994
05    Leah Pruett                 (Mercedes-Benz)        1:34.138
06    Tiffany Chittenden          (Dodge)                1:34.169
07    Elena Lana                  (BMW)                  1:34.228
08    Leilani Münter              (Lotus)                1:34.296
09    Molly Taylor                (BMW)                  1:34.328
10    Collete Davis               (McLaren)              1:34.361

11    Elena Myers                 (Audi)                 1:34.569
12    Shannon McIntosh            (McLaren)              1:34.727
13    Gwendolyn Hertzberger       (Morgan)               1:35.073
14    Ramona Kiss                 (Toyota)               1:35.134
15    Mishael Abbott              (Morgan)               1:35.249
16    Amber Anderson              (Toyota)               1:35.434
17    Kazumi Mikami               (Bugatti)              1:35.673
18    Alexandra Asmasoebrata      (Bugatti)              1:35.719
19    Sarah McCune                (Nissan)               1:36.025
20    Vicky Piria                 (Nissan)               1:36.519

21    Gaby Dela Merced            (Maserati)             1:36.599
22    Hiromi Kajikuma             (Jaguar)               1:36.641
23    Alison MacLeod              (Dodge)                1:36.649
24    Courtney Force              (Jaguar)               1:37.041
25    Emilee Tominovich           (Chevrolet)            1:37.218
26    Natalia Kowalska            (Lotus)                1:37.286
27    Carmen Jorda                (Maserati)             1:37.347
28    Marika Diana                (Chevrolet)            1:37.416

105 % = 1:40.431

Race

Weather: Cold, dry, sunny

There was a light rainshower prior to the race on Sunday morning, but by the time the 28 cars faced the starter, the track was already drying up and the sun was shining, promising a dry and rather pleasant race.
Hillary Will kept the lead, but as soon as the field approached Turn 3 (Remus) up the hill, Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky got the better of Will and took the lead. Leah Pruett, who had started on the third row, had already worked herself up to fourth place and began shadowing Alessandra Neri in third position.
On lap 8, Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky was still leading the field, but now with a large gap to Hillary Will in second. It seemed as if Ahlin-Kottulinsky was in a hurry to end this race as quickly as possible. Was she fearing a technical defect? Both Toyotas were especially remarkable again, fending off the likes of Mishael Abbott and Alexandra Asmasoebrata in much faster cars, as if they had done nothing else the entire season so far.
Elena Myers, who had worked herself up into 8th place, was the first retirement this race on lap 30. At Turn 10 she went into a skid, spun round twice and landed in the nearby sandtrap. Around the same time, Mishael Abbott finally managed to get past the Toyota duo, which was still well in the point ranks. Kinda remarkable, what a simple change of race engineers can trigger sometimes...
It was the 42nd lap, when fate played a bad trick on the leading Ferrari. Hillary Will had managed to close in, despite Ahlin-Kottulinsky's outstanding pace earlier in the race, and was already pressuring the Ferrari driver for the past three or four laps. Both put up a very stiff fight and were seperated by a few metres at best. Then Will jumped inside at Remus. Ahlin-Kottulinsky had to lift in order to avoid a collision, and Will went ahead. The Ferrari tried to take back the lead, but on the already mentioned 42nd lap, Ahlin-Kottulinsky spun off when her transmission failed.
A furious Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky remained behind the barriers at Gösser (Turn 4) for the rest of the race, before she allowed a marshall to drive her back to the pits. Hillary Will kept on leading the remaining field in the meantime, closely followed by Alessandra Neri, who never really attempted an attack, because she was too busy fending off Leah Pruett, who tried nearly every trick in the book to turn this race into another 1-2 result for the Mercedes Junior Team.
Hillary Will took a rather easy victory, her very first in the Junior Cup, easing up at the end to let Alessandra Neri close in to 1.2 seconds, with Leah Pruett coming home third. Will's tactics of driving a smart and careful race had definitely paid off and one could see her satisfaction as she was presented the winner's trophy by Austrian legend Niki Lauda. After all the negative press Hillary had received (unrightfully) during the past races, this was her way of proving the critics wrong.
Still four rounds to go, so Will has every chance of finally getting involved in the battle for this year's Championship, whilst Mercedes-Benz might have already won the Constructor's title. Sure, there is still a mathematical way for Audi to strike back, but what we've seen so far would make everyone desperate enough to calculate more thrill into this Championship look like a total fool. But then again, stranger things have happened...

01    Hillary Will                (Mercedes-Benz)        76 Laps
02    Alessandra Neri             (Audi)                 +    1.244
03    Leah Pruett                 (Mercedes-Benz)        +    3.368
04    Veronica Valverde           (Ferrari)              +   16.356
05    Leilani Münter              (Lotus)                +   20.237
06    Tiffany Chittenden          (Dodge)                +   23.718
07    Molly Taylor                (BMW)                  +   26.425
08    Mishael Abbott              (Morgan)               +   27.665
09    Collete Davis               (McLaren)              +   29.562
10    Gwendolyn Hertzberger       (Morgan)               +   32.743

11    Sarah McCune                (Nissan)               +   38.856
12    Elena Lana                  (BMW)                  +   42.943
13    Amber Anderson              (Toyota)               +   44.836
14    Ramona Kiss                 (Toyota)               +   54.455
15    Emilee Tominovich           (Chevrolet)            + 1:02.078
16    Alison MacLeod              (Dodge)                + 1:04.626
17    Carmen Jorda                (Maserati)             + 1:08.492
18    Hiromi Kajikuma             (Jaguar)               + 1:09.557
19    Shannon McIntosh            (McLaren)              + 1:11.679
20    Vicky Piria                 (Nissan)               + 1:12.831

21    Natalia Kowalska            (Lotus)                + 1:15.117
22    Courtney Force              (Jaguar)               + 1:16.139
DNF   Gaby Dela Merced            (Maserati)             49 Laps    Accident
DNF   Kazumi Mikami               (Bugatti)              48 Laps    Accident
DNF   Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky   (Ferrari)              42 Laps    Transmission
DNF   Marika Diana                (Chevrolet)            38 Laps    Accident
DNF   Alexandra Asmasoebrata      (Bugatti)              34 Laps    Accident
DNF   Elena Myers                 (Audi)                 30 Laps    Accident

Driver's Championship

01    Alessandra Neri             (Audi)                305 Points
02    Leah Pruett                 (Mercedes-Benz)       291 Points
03    Hillary Will                (Mercedes-Benz)       256 Points
04    Tiffany Chittenden          (Dodge)               191 Points
05    Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky   (Ferrari)             170 Points
06    Leilani Münter              (Lotus)               153 Points
07    Veronica Valverde           (Ferrari)             120 Points
08    Elena Myers                 (Audi)                 96 Points
09    Molly Taylor                (BMW)                  80 Points
10    Alexandra Asmasoebrata      (Bugatti)              58 Points

11    Elena Lana                  (BMW)                  53 Points
12    Shannon McIntosh            (McLaren)              48 Points
13    Gwendolyn Hertzberger       (Morgan)               43 Points
14    Hiromi Kajikuma             (Jaguar)               38 Points
15    Courtney Force              (Jaguar)               35 Points
16    Mishael Abbott              (Morgan)               33 Points
17    Vicky Piria                 (Nissan)               31 Points
18    Natalia Kowalska            (Lotus)                30 Points
19    Gaby Dela Merced            (Maserati)             28 Points
20    Collete Davis               (McLaren)              27 Points

21    Carmen Jorda                (Maserati)             26 Points
22    Kazumi Mikami               (Bugatti)              25 Points
23    Sarah McCune                (Nissan)               20 Points
24    Amber Anderson              (Toyota)               13 Points
25    Emilee Tominovich           (Chevrolet)             5 Points
26    Marika Diana                (Chevrolet)             5 Points
27    Alison MacLeod              (Dodge)                 2 Points
28    Ramona Kiss                 (Toyota)                1 Point

Constructor's Championship

01    Mercedes-Benz        547 Points
02    Audi                 401 Points
03    Ferrari              290 Points
04    Dodge                193 Points
05    Lotus                183 Points
06    BMW                  133 Points
07    Bugatti               83 Points

08    Morgan                76 Points
09    McLaren               75 Points
10    Jaguar                73 Points
11    Maserati              54 Points
12    Nissan                51 Points
13    Toyota                14 Points
14    Chevrolet             10 Points

Reject of the Race: As I've already mentioned after the last round in Germany, most of the time these races really don't produce genuine reject material. Same with this one. Besides the fact, this was a race with very little attrition, none of the ladies did anything so rejectful, that it deserves to be mentioned. In short, I'm going to put this section of the race report to rest, until something REALLY reject-worthy comes our way.

Alright, we're staying in Austria for a little longer, because the final mid-season test session is underway. Each team that wants to participate should post its testing plans until Wednesday the 7th, 12 p.m. (CET). Again, it's a two-day-session divided into four segments (2x morning, 2x afternoon), so each team can test up to 8 drivers, 4 to 8 chief / race engineers (depending on what system a team uses) and, of course, drivers' level of aggressiveness besides Technical Directors.
dr-baker

Re: Women's GT Junior Cup - Round 8 Austria up!

Post by dr-baker »

Happy with Munter's continued performance. 5th is acceptable for a race finish and position in the Constructors' Championship.

Lotus's testing plans:

Both mornings:
Munter (MOD)
Kowalska (MOD)

First afternoon:
Munter (MOD)
Cora Schumacher (MOD)

Second afternoon:
Munter (MOD)
Sara Williams (MOD)
MCard LOLA
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Audi are declining to test, citing that they wish to fully focus on the championship.

And with that in mind, let's put both girls on AGG for the foreseeable future until we're out of the running for the team's championship - why not give it a crack?
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Chevrolet will test random race engineers with our usual race drivers.
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

After much thought, Jaguar will be going to the test with both of our drivers, and I feel that we need to test random race engineers because anything that helps our ladies perform better in the races will be a big plus going forward.

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:Chevrolet will test random race engineers with our usual race drivers.

KL-racer wrote:After much thought, Jaguar will be going to the test with both of our drivers, and I feel that we need to test random race engineers because anything that helps our ladies perform better in the races will be a big plus going forward.

I think, both of you need to be a little more specific on the exact number of race engineers you want to be tested. 4, 6 or 8? And shall they be tested in relation to your current engineers or are you just looking for suitable replacements, regardless of how good or bad your current engineers are? :)
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Turbogirl wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:Chevrolet will test random race engineers with our usual race drivers.

KL-racer wrote:After much thought, Jaguar will be going to the test with both of our drivers, and I feel that we need to test random race engineers because anything that helps our ladies perform better in the races will be a big plus going forward.

I think, both of you need to be a little more specific on the exact number of race engineers you want to be tested. 4, 6 or 8? And shall they be tested in relation to your current engineers or are you just looking for suitable replacements, regardless of how good or bad your current engineers are? :)

For me I want to test 4 engineers, and yes, they should be tested in relation to my current ones that I have right now.

go_Rubens

Post by go_Rubens »

Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky wrote:Car has a transmission problem. It's got to retire. Dammit.

Marc Henri, on the pit wall wrote:ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?????!!!!! *throws radio headset onto the ground, before storming out of the circuit"

Let's try both drivers on MOD now, as AGG is just simply not working, especially when it is wet.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Turbogirl wrote:

Four... I want to compare to my current ones to see if I can milk any improvement out.
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

Could i go on the waiting list
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Normal32 wrote:Could i go on the waiting list

Of course you can. Welcome aboard! :)
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Dodge's Austrian Test Plans

Morning Day 1
Drivers: #18 Tiffany Chittenden (MOD), #19 Alison MacLeod (MOD)
Engineers: #18 Rosella Manfrinato, #19 Bradley Joyce

Afternoon Day 1
Drivers: #18 Tiffany Chittenden (AGG), #19 Alison MacLeod (AGG)
Engineers: #18 Bradley Joyce, #19 Rosella Manfrinato

Morning Day 2
Drivers: #18 Jodie Hemming (MOD), #19 Tiffany Daniels (MOD)
Engineers: #18 Rosella Manfrinato, #19 Simon Rennie

Afternoon Day 2
Drivers: #18 Jenni Krohn (MOD), #19 Kirstin Bumbera (MOD)
Engineers: #18 Rosella Manfrinato, #19 Simon Rennie
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
mike robers

Post by mike robers »

I would like to test both drivers on Mod the first day, then Agg the 2nd.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Great job Hillary! I knew you could do it! We'he got Audi on the run!

As for the test, lets get creative. Day 1 morning I want just normal, ladies on mod, same engineers. Day 1 afternoon, ladies still on mod, but swap their race engineers . Day 2, do the same, regular enigneers in the morning, swapies in the afternoonbut set the ladies on agg please.

Turbogirl

Women's GT Junior Cup - Austria testing plans

Post by Turbogirl »

Austria Testing Plans

Our deadline is due, so here are the testing plans for the final test session this season. Teams not listed here will not participate in the tests.

Tuesday, 14th January 2015

Morning session

Shannon McIntosh (#0 McLaren) (MOD)
Collete Davis (#2 McLaren) (MOD)

Marika Diana (#14 Chevrolet) (MOD) with engineer Dieter Gass
Emilee Tominovich (#15 Chevrolet) (MOD) with engineer Antonio Cuquerella

Tiffany Chittenden (#18 Dodge) (MOD) with engineer Rosella Manfrinato
Alison MacLeod (#19 Dodge) (MOD) with engineer Bradley Joyce

Leilani Münter (#24 Lotus) (MOD)
Natalia Kowalska (#25 Lotus) (MOD)

Courtney Force (#26 Jaguar) (MOD) with engineer Peter Gibbons
Hiromi Kajikuma (#27 Jaguar) (MOD) with engineer Phil Charles

Hillary Will (#28 Mercedes-Benz) (MOD) with engineer Ossi Oikarinen
Leah Pruett (#29 Mercedes-Benz) (MOD) with engineer Martin Marx

Afternoon session

Shannon McIntosh (#0 McLaren) (MOD)
Collete Davis (#2 McLaren) (MOD)

Marika Diana (#14 Chevrolet) (MOD) with engineer Mike Krack
Emilee Tominovich (#15 Chevrolet) (MOD) with engineer Andrea Landi

Tiffany Chittenden (#18 Dodge) (AGG) with engineer Bradley Joyce
Alison MacLeod (#19 Dodge) (AGG) with engineer Rosella Manfrinato

Cora Schumacher (#25 Lotus) (MOD)

Courtney Force (#26 Jaguar) (MOD) with engineer Marco Schüpbach
Hiromi Kajikuma (#27 Jaguar) (MOD) with engineer Richard Connell

Hillary Will (#28 Mercedes-Benz) (MOD) with engineer Martin Marx
Leah Pruett (#29 Mercedes-Benz) (MOD) with engineer Ossi Oikarinen

Wednesday, 15th January 2015

Morning session

Shannon McIntosh (#0 McLaren) (AGG)
Collete Davis (#2 McLaren) (AGG)

Marika Diana (#14 Chevrolet) (MOD) with engineer Dieter Gass
Emilee Tominovich (#15 Chevrolet) (MOD) with engineer Antonio Cuquerella

Jodie Hemming (#18 Dodge) (MOD) with engineer Rosella Manfrinato
Tiffany Daniels (#19 Dodge) (MOD) with engineer Simon Rennie

Natalia Kowalska (#25 Lotus) (MOD)

Courtney Force (#26 Jaguar) (MOD) with engineer Peter Gibbons
Hiromi Kajikuma (#27 Jaguar) (MOD) with engineer Phil Charles

Hillary Will (#28 Mercedes-Benz) (AGG) with engineer Ossi Oikarinen
Leah Pruett (#29 Mercedes-Benz) (AGG) with engineer Martin Marx

Afternoon session

Shannon McIntosh (#0 McLaren) (AGG)
Collete Davis (#2 McLaren) (AGG)

Marika Diana (#14 Chevrolet) (MOD) with engineer Olaf Bulgrin
Emilee Tominovich (#15 Chevrolet) (MOD) with engineer Remi Decorzent

Jenni Krohn (#18 Dodge) (MOD) with engineer Rosella Manfrinato
Kristin Bumbera (#19 Dodge) (MOD) with engineer Simon Rennie

Sara Williams (#25 Lotus) (MOD)

Courtney Force (#26 Jaguar) (MOD) with engineer Dave Greenwood
Hiromi Kajikuma (#27 Jaguar) (MOD) with engineer Mark Hutcheson

Hillary Will (#28 Mercedes-Benz) (AGG) with engineer Martin Marx
Leah Pruett (#29 Mercedes-Benz) (AGG) with engineer Ossi Oikarinen

:!: Please double-check for any possible mistake!

The Austria tests will be up on Friday the 9th (CET)!
Last edited by Turbogirl on 08 May 2014, 15:00, edited 2 times in total.
dr-baker

Re: Women's GT Junior Cup - Austria testing plans up!

Post by dr-baker »

All correct for Lotus! (Although you did forget to put in the car numbers for Lotus for the Wednesday morning!
MCard LOLA