FormulaRejects.com - Post here to get a Wiki account!

The place for spinning interesting fictitious tales, including your virtual racing exploits
DemocalypseNow

FormulaRejects.com - Post here to get a Wiki account!

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Hi everyone,

This thread is for all discussion of our dedicated PMMF website, FormulaRejects.com. Here, you'll find our wiki, and also a new image upload service, along with some other features that will come along in the future as I find time to work on it. If you find any bugs anywhere on the website (including and especially on the wiki), please post them here so I can attend to them. As we're now in control of our own service, rather than at the mercy of a free hoster, they're our issues to fix, to a certain extent (however, sometimes the server hosts can do things outwith our control).

Here's a breakdown of the ongoing services and problems with the website;

1. Wiki
The wiki will be undergoing a software update on 1/2 Jan 2017. The wiki will be switched to read-only mode, and potentially unavailable altogether, during this period.

***BUG FIXES***
xx/xx/2014 - Mutiple 403 forbidden errors corrected (more possible still however)

2. Image Uploader
The image uploader is up and running without issue at this time. Use direct link (http://www.formularejects.com/imageupload) or link on wiki homepage to access the site between 6 May 2014 and 30 June 2014

Due to irreparable damage to the uploader, it has been closed permanently. All old files are still live, and you can PM me a request to have a ZIP copy of all your files uploaded to the system.

***BUG FIXES***
06/05/2014 - BMP files no longer auto-converted to PNG in the converter.

3. Race Center
Functionality depreciated as of 2015.

4. Website
Running fine.
Last edited by DemocalypseNow on 06 May 2014, 15:12, edited 4 times in total.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Re: FormulaRejects.com

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Update - 07/04/2014

WIKI: Editing the 2016 RWRS calendar page causes a 403 Forbidden error. Currently collaborating with server hosts for solution.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

It would be great if you posted a link to the wiki, just to make life 0.0017% easier
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:It would be great if you posted a link to the wiki, just to make life 0.0017% easier

http://formularejects.com/wiki/Main_Page

There you go ;)
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Biscotti, spammers are starting to creep in...you might need to introduce an "approved account only" thingamajig.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Ataxia wrote:Biscotti, spammers are starting to creep in...you might need to introduce an "approved account only" thingamajig.

Which luckily does not need approval of the ShoutWiki gods. :roll: With that in mind, maybe this new rule should be in place for a month or so? There's only been one confirmed spambot from what I've seen so far.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aerospeed wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Biscotti, spammers are starting to creep in...you might need to introduce an "approved account only" thingamajig.

Which luckily does not need approval of the ShoutWiki gods. :roll: With that in mind, maybe this new rule should be in place for a month or so? There's only been one confirmed spambot from what I've seen so far.

It's not as simple as checking a box. I gotta install an extension and then configure the php for it. I'm not doing that until I see more evidence for doing it. This spambot first showed up two weeks ago but waited to post. I can identify them before they do any harm it seems. So I won't implement any changes unless I notice some sort of impending doom against the wiki.

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Good News! [/jamesmay]

The image file list is complete and ready to go :) i'd suggest a double check just to make sure every file that isn't a flag is on there :)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aerospeed wrote:Good News! [/jamesmay]

The image file list is complete and ready to go :) i'd suggest a double check just to make sure every file that isn't a flag is on there :)

It doesn't make any real difference whether it's their or not, the php script knows to ignore files already on the server. I just said not to, because there were hundreds and hundreds of them on there, that'd be wasted effort because I was able to automatically copy them over already.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Update - 14/04/2014
All existing wiki images from previous host now uploaded to current website.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

SPAMMERS!! :x

(I emptied the article, btw)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

OK, so, clearly spam is becoming a problem. I'll have to fix stuff behind the scenes to make sure it's no longer an issue.

However, this is a problem, because of some very bad timing. On my end, my laptop on hours ago suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure. I've fitted it with a backup, but I'll need some time to recover my old data, and reinstall programs needed to maintain the server remotely. So, this fix might be a few days yet.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

UPDATE - 17/04/2012

As of now, all new user accounts will now need to be approved before editing is allowed. This was done to combat the increasing levels of spam on the website.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Monitoring Recent Changes list results in a shocking stuff: Rated's uploads to the wiki are nothing but PMMF-related Polandball comics. (tommykl also uploaded one)

This is for Wikipedia but I believe that a wiki's upload feature is not a file storage service. (We have the image uploader for non-wiki images). Any possible actions? :ugeek:
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

FMecha wrote:Any possible actions? :ugeek:

You could just not be a baby and ignore it.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

FMecha wrote:Monitoring Recent Changes list results in a shocking stuff: Rated's uploads to the wiki are nothing but PMMF-related Polandball comics. (tommykl also uploaded one)

This is for Wikipedia but I believe that a wiki's upload feature is not a file storage service. (We have the image uploader for non-wiki images). Any possible actions? :ugeek:

I will run this wiki as I see fit. I don't take kindly to users grassing on other users. I was aware all along, and frankly, I don't care.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Biscione wrote:
FMecha wrote:Monitoring Recent Changes list results in a shocking stuff: Rated's uploads to the wiki are nothing but PMMF-related Polandball comics. (tommykl also uploaded one)

I will run this wiki as I see fit. I don't take kindly to users grassing on other users. I was aware all along, and frankly, I don't care.

Yeah. In the end it's all going on the same domain, so I really don't see an issue here.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Nuppiz wrote:
Biscione wrote:

Yeah. In the end it's all going on the same domain, so I really don't see an issue here.

OK, but are the wiki and image hosts use separate or same databases? :?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:OK, but are the wiki and image hosts use separate or same databases? :?

Does it matter?

... that was a rhetorical question, by the way. The answer to which is no. It doesn't.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

It seems like I can't update the 2016 Siemens Ausdauer Reject Series season because of the 403 forbidden.
Officially Retired
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

HawkAussie wrote:It seems like I can't update the 2016 Siemens Ausdauer Reject Series season because of the 403 forbidden.

Working on a solution now.

Our hosts have an over-reacing mod_security blacklist...the irony being that it's not actually stopped any spam, just stopped us from editing. Which is quite frustrating.

Image Image
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

SITE MAINTENANCE: Tue 6 May 2014- Mon 30 June 2014
All of FormulaRejects.com will be taken offline from Tuesday 6 May, except for the wiki and image uploader, to enable a full upgrade of the website. All requests directed to http://www.formularejects.com will automatically be rerouted to the wiki homepage. The work is not expected to cause any downtime for the wiki, but this cannot be guaranteed. Any wiki downtime caused as a result of this work will be rectified asap.

Please continue to report any wiki-based bugs to this thread during that time.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

This isn't really a major bug, but it's something I've noticed - sometimes, when uploading multiple images through the image uploader, it will appear that some won't upload, instead going back to the standard image upload page as if you never tried to upload something in the first place. However, those images have uploaded - if you manually type in the url "http://www.formularejects.com/imageupload/images/*image name*", it will take you straight to the image you tried to upload.
Everything's great.
Julien

Post by Julien »

I always wondered... Do fictional F1 careers like Turbogirl, Fabron, Christoperson or Kovacshazi have place on that site/wiki?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Julien wrote:I always wondered... Do fictional F1 careers like Turbogirl, Fabron, Christoperson or Kovacshazi have place on that site/wiki?

I don't know if they exist...but they could do. Jack Christopherson has a profile, certainly.

Image Image
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Biscione wrote:
Julien wrote:I always wondered... Do fictional F1 careers like Turbogirl, Fabron, Christoperson or Kovacshazi have place on that site/wiki?

I don't know if they exist...but they could do. Jack Christopherson has a profile, certainly.

Mine won't, because I only did it for fun and not as a fictional career by definition. Three reasons for that:

1.) Grand Prix Legends takes place in 1967 / 1968, so any fictional driver would be too old to play a role in the RWRS canon, even by Team Principal standards,
2.) considering the explosion of the canon itself, I'm not even sure, if my fictional career would still fit into all of this,
3.) I'm playing as "Turbogirl", which is my username here on the forum. In order to be a fictional career, I should have picked a fictional driver's name. ;)

But what I'm interested in: Recently all non-canon wiki pages have this HUGE red headline stating that the information on said page is not RWRS canon. Why?

Considering the facts, that each page should have a footnote claiming "Category: non-RWRS canon" plus the main page already seperates canon and non-canon stuff, why is there a need for these (sorry to say it) ugly headlines? They make the pages look toxic and only imply, that some wiki users are too stupid or too lazy to read the footnote stating "non-RWRS canon". :?

Shouldn't headlines like these only be preserved for important announcements, e.g. if something needs to be fixed on said page asap or if the page is about to be deleted because it contains spam or other unwanted text?
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Turbogirl wrote:But what I'm interested in: Recently all non-canon wiki pages have this HUGE red headline stating that the information on said page is not RWRS canon. Why?

Considering the facts, that each page should have a footnote claiming "Category: non-RWRS canon" plus the main page already seperates canon and non-canon stuff, why is there a need for these (sorry to say it) ugly headlines? They make the pages look toxic and only imply, that some wiki users are too stupid or too lazy to read the footnote stating "non-RWRS canon". :?

Shouldn't headlines like these only be preserved for important announcements, e.g. if something needs to be fixed on said page asap or if the page is about to be deleted because it contains spam or other unwanted text?

Blame Mecha, it was his doing. I don't like them either, especially since a) everyone who knows about the wiki knows what is/isn't canon and b) it's all on the front page anyway.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

As someone who supported Mecha in this endeavour, I think it is helpful - after all, we musn't forget the wiki is also supposed to help newbies find their way around our complicated mess.

In the end, all I say is they need to be prettier. Maybe a soft green or pink would do the trick.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Klon wrote:As someone who supported Mecha in this endeavour, I think it is helpful - after all, we musn't forget the wiki is also supposed to help newbies find their way around our complicated mess.

In the end, all I say is they need to be prettier. Maybe a soft green or pink would do the trick.

Or program the wiki (if this is possible) to display the categories in the headline instead of the bottom of the page. Then nobody would have to scroll anymore. :)
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Klon wrote:As someone who supported Mecha in this endeavour, I think it is helpful - after all, we musn't forget the wiki is also supposed to help newbies find their way around our complicated mess.

This. The problem is that there are many pages contains mix of canon and non canon information.

And if you look at recent changes, Pasta has improved it to make it less of an eyesore :)
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

FMecha wrote:

This. The problem is that there are many pages contains mix of canon and non canon information.

I can even make the template look simpler (see the BTTF Wikia) if anyone wants. :)

A solution has been found already:

This page might be worth a read too.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

pasta_maldonado wrote:A solution has been found already:

This page might be worth a read too.

Looks good. I'll roll with that. But should I be worried, that you used especially my pages as prime examples? :lol:
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

I want to get the RWMT ball rolling soon, so I made a little rider infobox template for all of you to use: http://formularejects.com/wiki/Template:Infobox_Rider
If need be, I can make some more infoboxes for other series/events - just let me know here or over there.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Just registered, needing administrator confirmation.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Bleu wrote:Just registered, needing administrator confirmation.

That's odd, I could have sworn I saw your attempt to register a week or so back and approved it. Let me take a look into it...

Image Image
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

E-mail which was sent to me was:

Someone, probably you from IP address (xxx), has requested an account "Bleu" with this email address on Formula Rejects Wiki.

To confirm that this account really does belong to you on Formula Rejects Wiki, open this link in your browser:

(link)

Trying to log on, get this info:

There is no user by the name "Bleu". Check your spelling.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Problem with the new Wiki?

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

I tried to access formularejects wiki and the page page that's viewable is this one for me: http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page . I tried to log in, but apparently my account no longer exists.

I can't access the mibbit chatroom either the past couple days.

I fear that the wiki may have been hacked. Does anyone else have any issue with the wiki right now? Please respond soon :oops:
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
W12

Re: Problem with the new Wiki?

Post by W12 »

CaptainGetz12 wrote:I tried to access formularejects wiki and the page page that's viewable is this one for me: http://formularejects.com/tmpedia/Main_Page . I tried to log in, but apparently my account no longer exists.

I can't access the mibbit chatroom either the past couple days.

I fear that the wiki may have been hacked. Does anyone else have any issue with the wiki right now? Please respond soon :oops:
Same for me. I also tried to remove the "tmpedia" part from the URL, but such page doesn't exist.
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

A) This belongs in the PMMF.
B) Biscione appears to have screwed up in hosting EFR's wiki, and replaced the home page with their wiki page. The wiki is still up here.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Oh my god GreenGeeks, what have you done?

Everything was fine when I left previously, then the web hosts invaded and started messing with critical server files and caused this. More angry emails about them putting there noses where they don't belong incoming...certainly won't be using them to host anything ever again.

Salamander wrote:A) This belongs in the PMMF.

Not so. There is a thread already. FormulaRejects.com. Where I asked people to put bug reports. If we make a new thread for every problem the website/wiki ever has, we're going to flood the forum with threads eventually.

Image Image