1999 F1RGP2C Season - Bathurst Challenge!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

1999 F1RGP2C Season - Bathurst Challenge!

Post by tristan1117 »

It's coming back.

1999 F1RGP2C Silly Season
West McLaren-Mercedes
SH: Don Rennis (Wizzie)
1. James James Davies
2. Rory McAllister
TD: Niko Nurminen

Scuderia Ferrari
SH: Andreas Stefano (FMecha)
3. Tom Douglas
4. Kazuhiko Takagi
TD: Christophe Vans

B & H Jordan Mugen-Honda
SH: Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler (Biscione)
5. Damon Cannon
6. Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler
TD:

Mild Seven Benetton Nissan
SH: John Zimmer
7. John Zimmer
8. Masta Valsattis
TD:

Winfield Williams Supertec
SH: Klaus Mann (pasta)
9. Andrew Spokes
10. Frederic-Maxime Voeckler
TD: Jorg Scrattenheim

TF1 DAMS Supertec
SH: Thomas Kretzhaagel
11. Niko Nurminen
12. Jorg Scrattenheim
TD: James Allen

Repsol Arrows
SH: takagi_ftw
14. Daniel Moreno
15. Ben Fleet
TD:

Sauber Petronas
SH: Chris Forbes (eurobrun/rondenisdeletraz)
16. Miko Fakkinen
17. TBA
TD:

Alstom Equipe Gauthier Mercedes
SH: Guillaume Gauthier (Salamander)
18. Emmanuele Nicchi
19. Vic Sunset
TD: Maea Blog

Gauloises Prost Citroen
SH: Dennis Mignolet (This)
20. Ron Mignolet
21. Douglas Mann
TD: Francisco Remedio

Fondmetal Minardi Team Ford
SH: Masta Valsattis (EastLondoner)
22. Nicklas Kristiansen
23. Deanna McMohan

Volga Grand Prix
SH: Petr Chaddeev (the_lukas)
24. Yuuri Jouagaseki
25. TBA
TD:

Stewart Ford
SH: Eddie Stewart (Aerospeed)
26. Jose Alvarez
27. Ralf Alden
TD:

British American Racing Supertec
SH: Tim Perkins (Ataxia)
28. Pieter Kickert
29. Gonzalo Solari
TD: Natascha Zaugg

A litte history:
1994: Jack Christopherson wins the championship, Williams takes the Constructors' after Zimmer blows it in the last races of the year. The most random year to date. Christopherson retires.
1995: John Zimmer wins the championship, Benetton takes the Constructors'. Daniel Moreno loses the title in the final stages of the season.
1996: Daniel Moreno wins the championship, Williams win the Constructors' after Moreno and Pippa Mann engage in an intra-team fight for the title.
1997: Daniel Moreno wins the championship, Williams' wins the Constructors' after Tom Douglas chokes away the title in the end of the season.
1998: DAVIESWINSLOL
Last edited by tristan1117 on 08 Oct 2014, 02:54, edited 38 times in total.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Aerospeed

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season

Post by Aerospeed »

Glad this season can finally get underway! :)

Also, Moreno is interested for driving for anyone after being unfairly sacked last season.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Biscione turned down Nicchi in the IRC, Nicchi will resign with Gauthier if Salamander approves.
Trump 2016
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Aerospeed wrote:Glad this season can finally get underway! :)

Also, Moreno is interested for driving for anyone after being unfairly sacked last season.

Would he be interested in DAMS' third driver position?

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Vic Sunset is willing to go another season with Gauthier if they still wish to have Blokkmonsta's driver in the second seat. :)

Lets get Gauthier up to the top!
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Tristan, Herrmann Mann is currently in prison, so the Williams seat holder is his brother, Klaus.

Aerospeed wrote:Also, Moreno is interested for driving for anyone after being unfairly sacked last season.

Klaus Mann wrote:Nein. You were just scheisse.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Dark77 wrote:Biscione turned down Nicchi in the IRC, Nicchi will resign with Gauthier if Salamander approves.

CaptainGetz12 wrote:Vic Sunset is willing to go another season with Gauthier if they still wish to have Blokkmonsta's driver in the second seat. :)

Lets get Gauthier up to the top!

Indeed, Gauthier is very keen to keep our Nicchi/Sunset lineup. This means the only available seat at Gauthier is our test/reserve seat.

Meanwhile, Lawrence Tucker is available for anyone who needs a pay driver.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Can I please go on the waiting list?

thanks
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

After Nicchi snubbed Jordan, instead seatholder JEV will run in the second Jordan. He may be 39 now, but he was crazy fast in the 80s!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Two things:

1) I just need TMLW to confirm the Kickert deal is a go-er; he'll take the #28 car.

2) Wasn't East Londoner in charge of Minardi now?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Pippa Mann would like to return to this series for Jordan, Sauber or Arrows (preference in that order).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Shizuka wrote:
Aerospeed wrote:Glad this season can finally get underway! :)

Would he be interested in DAMS' third driver position?

How about the second DAMS driver position? :)
Trulli bad puns...
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Both drivers are contracted for 1999.
The reason why I offered the 3rd seat is because Nurminen has his McLaren ties. If he performs well again, I expect McLaren to pick him up, and so Moreno would automatically get to race in 2000.

If this deal is not acceptable, then sorry and good luck finding a car :)

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Ataxia wrote:1) I just need TMLW to confirm the Kickert deal is a go-er; he'll take the #28 car.

Indeed, Pieter Kickert will be racing for BAR.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James James Davies wrote:I'm not sure why any of you losers are even bothering to turn up this year, but if you need extra confirmation of your loser status, I'm more than happy to oblige.

Aerospeed wrote:Also, Moreno is interested for driving for anyone after being unfairly sacked last season.
Klaus Mann wrote:Nein. You were just scheisse.
James James Davies wrote:That's an understatement.
Everything's great.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

After her performance in the non championship race last season Deanna McMohan is looking for a seat for 1999
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

peteroli34 wrote:After her performance in the non championship race last season Deanna McMohan is looking for a seat for 1999

If she is unable to land a race seat, McMohan would be more than welcome to the Gauthier test/reserve role.
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Ferrari confirms everything, including the fact this is Takagi's final season with us. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

dr-baker wrote:Pippa Mann would like to return to this series for Jordan, Sauber or Arrows (preference in that order).

Arrows will offer Pippa Mann a spot at their team for 1999.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

I can confirm that Edward Restov is the new seatholder at Repsol Arrows. We would like to confirm Ben Fleet, if that's possible, and we'd also like to make an offer to Moreno for the second seat. #ThinkBig :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:I can confirm that Edward Restov is the new seatholder at Repsol Arrows. We would like to confirm Ben Fleet, if that's possible, and we'd also like to make an offer to Moreno for the second seat. #ThinkBig :P

James James Davies wrote:Do yourself a favour and hire anyone else. Moreno is a massive talentless crybaby who thinks he's god's gift to racing.
Everything's great.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tristan1117 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Pippa Mann would like to return to this series for Jordan, Sauber or Arrows (preference in that order).

Arrows will offer Pippa Mann a spot at their team for 1999.

Salamander wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:I can confirm that Edward Restov is the new seatholder at Repsol Arrows. We would like to confirm Ben Fleet, if that's possible, and we'd also like to make an offer to Moreno for the second seat. #ThinkBig :P

James James Davies wrote:Do yourself a favour and hire anyone else. Moreno is a massive talentless crybaby who thinks he's god's gift to racing.

So is Pippa being offered a seat or not? And Ben Fleet accepts the drive, and wishes to announce his preference for having Pippa as a teammate (because she was able to score in a Simtek. WDC points that is...)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Surprise!
Moreno signs with Arrows, optimistic about the season
After an off-season of uncertainty, two-time F1RGP2C champion Daniel Moreno announced he was signing for Arrows in the 1999 season. Moreno was linked to a drive with Jordan but was snubbed in favour of J.E. Voeckler, while his offer to be the reserve driver for DAMS was turned down. Instead, Moreno signed with Arrows, who offered a full season drive for the 1999 season.

"When I was offered the contract, I took it in a heartbeat." said Moreno in the resulting press conference. "I'm just happy that Arrows has decided to hire me for the season. Now I can finally get back to doing what I like the most."

He was asked about the various criticisms that he has gotten during the offseason on his talent, and his behaviour off the track. "I think their criticisms come from being jealous of me," said Moreno. "I think it's because they realized that they are slower than I am, and that they go to great lengths to try and get better. I also think it was due to Klaus Mann's overreactions to the races. Last year was bad but not disastrous like Klaus had always said. I just hope that Andrew (Spokes) survives in one piece after this season, I heard the car was not up to spec this year."

Moreno did admit that had he been kept through to the end of the season, he would have left Williams anyways. "I enjoyed my time at the team, even if it did end in bad circumstances. I hoped to finish out the season on a high, even if it meant not winning the title. But I'm not focusing on last year now. Right now I'm focusing on getting Arrows the best results that we can. We have a car that can get on the podium at least twice this year. I just hope luck will be on our side."
Trulli bad puns...
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Maea Blog is looking for a seat for the 1999 season.
Officially Retired
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Moreno signs with Arrows, optimistic about the season
James James Davies, with nothing better to do wrote:Critcisms? During the off-season!? You only noticed them now!? Dude, I've been calling you out for being a useless waste of space for over 3 years now! And jealous? Slower than you? Let's see you prove that shite where it matters - on the track. Oh wait, you couldn't, that's why you got fired! Moreno, you are the single biggest mistake in this sport's history and I look forward to erasing your name from the history books by crushing everyone again this year, and next year, and the year after until there is no doubt that you a goddamn ant in terms of driving skill compared to me. The fact that you had the best car in the series for 4 years is a complete travesty, made even more complete by the fact that half of the time, the only drivers with cars that could challenge yours were somehow even more shite than you!! And furthermore--*Is carried off by the McLaren crew before things get out of hand*

HawkAussie wrote:Maea Blog is looking for a seat for the 1999 season.

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:... oh 'ell, why not. 'Ow would you like ze reserve and testing role at Equipe Gauthier this year?
Everything's great.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

James James Davies, with nothing better to do wrote:Critcisms? During the off-season!? You only noticed them now!? Dude, I've been calling you out for being a useless waste of space for over 3 years now! And jealous? Slower than you? Let's see you prove that shite where it matters - on the track. Oh wait, you couldn't, that's why you got fired! Moreno, you are the single biggest mistake in this sport's history and I look forward to erasing your name from the history books by crushing everyone again this year, and next year, and the year after until there is no doubt that you a goddamn ant in terms of driving skill compared to me. The fact that you had the best car in the series for 4 years is a complete travesty, made even more complete by the fact that half of the time, the only drivers with cars that could challenge yours were somehow even more shite than you!! And furthermore--*Is carried off by the McLaren crew before things get out of hand*

Maea Blog wrote:I am looking for a seat for the 1999 season.

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:... oh 'ell, why not. 'Ow would you like ze reserve and testing role at Equipe Gauthier this year?

Maea Blog wrote:I wouldn't mind taking a reserve/testing role for Equipe Gautheir
Officially Retired
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Maea Blog wrote:I am looking for a seat for the 1999 season.
Maea Blog wrote:I wouldn't mind taking a reserve/testing role for Equipe Gautheir

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:Then, welcome aboard!
Everything's great.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nicklas Kristiansen is looking for a seat at Minardi, after impressing for the team in the Duel in the Desert.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Ataxia wrote:Nicklas Kristiansen is looking for a seat at Minardi, after impressing for the team in the Duel in the Desert.

Minardi are pleased to offer Nicklas the lead seat for this season.

We are also interested in the services of Deanna McMohan for the other race seat. :)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

East Londoner wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Nicklas Kristiansen is looking for a seat at Minardi, after impressing for the team in the Duel in the Desert.

We are also interested in the services of Deanna McMohan for the other race seat. :)

It's a deal!
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

East Londoner wrote:

Mcmohan will be delighted to sign for minardi
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

BAR are looking for a reserve driver in case anything should happen to Kickert or Solari. Offers welcome.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Natascha Zaugg is available for a test/reserve driver role.
As she brings a bag full of Repsol's monies, I offered her to Arrows in the "Drivers Needed!" thread, but I don't think it was successful.
Her "most notable" results are from 1993 (so far?) but oh well... :p
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

If anyone needs an experienced, talented driver, there's always Kim-Jong Sung!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Rated wrote:Natascha Zaugg is available for a test/reserve driver role.
As she brings a bag full of Repsol's monies, I offered her to Arrows in the "Drivers Needed!" thread, but I don't think it was successful.
Her "most notable" results are from 1993 (so far?) but oh well... :p

I'll be happy to offer Zaugg the BAR reserve drive.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Jordan needs a reserve driver too! Some experience at not sucking in LGPS would be helpful...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Biscione wrote:Jordan needs a reserve driver too! Some experience at not sucking in LGPS would be helpful...

Ditto for Stewart. Though money would also be a nice thing :)
Trulli bad puns...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Biscione wrote:Jordan needs a reserve driver too! Some experience at not sucking in LGPS would be helpful...

Well, KJS did impove a lot in his third year. Altough he often nearly killed a few drivers, but i assume this will not be a problem for you :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Aerospeed wrote:

Ditto for Stewart. Though money would also be a nice thing :)

Lawrence Tucker has money. And he doesn't have experience at sucking in LGPS... though he does have experience at sucking in F1RGP2C. :P

Though, this is dependant on him not getting an offer for a race seat.
Everything's great.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

José Pablo Mazzacane would be interested to become reserve driver at Jordan or Stewart.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.