1999 F1RGP2C Season - Bathurst Challenge!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Shizuka

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season - Germany Quali Up

Post by Shizuka »

Best ex-Renault qualifying lap? Jörg, you'll get mauled in the stadium section if you put less downforce on...

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Review:
Can this battle for the championships get any more wide open? With the result in Germany, we now have 7 drivers within thirteen points of the championship lead and a four-way battle for the Constructors’ title.

The Contenders:
James James Davies - The preseason favorite for the title has not won since Round 3 in San Marino. After winning an F1RGP2C single-season record of 10 races last year, it’s rather jarring that JJD hasn’t stepped on the top step of the podium in eight races. Yet he is somehow holding onto a slim three point lead in the Drivers’ Championship with six races to go because his rivals have failed at every opportunity to take control of the championship battle. One gets the feeling that they have all missed their chances to seize the lead from Davies and really put James James in a difficult position, although Davies has missed his own chances to stamp his authority on the title. Davies was probably on course to win this race, but an engine failure put Davies out, and leaves him with even more problems to deal with. Davies is still the odds-on favorite to win the title at this point, but anything can happen. Davies has been rather awful this year, but I still have faith.

Damon Cannon - Everyone’s favorite dark-horse title contender has disappointed so far, (kinda like Belgium in this year’s World Cup) but he remains in a strong position to have a say in the last six race of the year (again, kinda like Belgium). Much of the problems have been with the Jordan’s unreliability, but Damon Cannon has made his own mistakes. In Germany, he spun out early in the rain and never recovered. Cannon finished 12th. His only points have come off fantastic victories, but he needs to show some consistency if he expects to challenge Davies. Cannon needs to win at least one more race if he really wants to win the title, which he certainly can.

Jose Alvarez: Has his luck run out? In Germany, Alvarez was headed towards third place and outright lead in the Drivers’ Championship when his wheel broke and he was forced to pit on THE LAST LAP! Alvarez has benefitted massively from a series of lucky breaks, and he will need more of those to continue his championship challenge. Losing four points here is a disaster, and he hasn’t had the pace in the last few races to challenge Davies on merit. But considering it’s 1999, and the season has already been absolutely bonkers, Alvarez and Stewart can still win this thing!

Tom Douglas: They should’ve buried him while they still had the chance! Tom Douglas, the eternally cursed member of the F1RGP2C, has finally gotten his own championship challenge started after eleven races. Tom Douglas has had mechanical troubles for the entire year, which has basically stopped any chance at gaining any points on James James Davies, but his second win of the season has left him seven points adrift of the McLaren driver, and with Douglas on top form, he could win the title. The Ferrari just has to stay together, Douglas has to keep his concentration, and he needs Davies to continue to have problems in order to win. However, Robert Anderson is no longer on the grid, so he has that going for him.

Rory McAllister: Rory McAllister, world champion. That doesn’t seem possible, and yet he lies seven points away from Davies. To be honest, McAllister has been better than Davies in some spots this season, and he should have a couple wins himself. If McAllister thinks he can win, good for him, I personally don’t, but we shall see. Why you ask? Well, after his horrific race in Germany, I don’t see how he can drive consistently and win. McAllister had a problem early on in the race, of course, and afterwards, he spent the whole race driving like a complete idiot. He hit Douglas Mann, spun off on his own once, and later crashed into Pieter Kickert, taking both cars out of the race. Reject of the Race for Rory.

Kazuhiko Takagi: No, not Kaz Takagi, he doesn’t have a clue, he can’t be in with a shout, this ISN’T POSSIBLE! But he’s 11 points off the lead with 6 races left, and in any other year, this is a great place to be in. Takagi dutifully finished second to Douglas in Germany, as the good number two driver always does. Takagi had no hope of winning this race, but he’s actually proved to be a really consistent driver over the years (yeah, really, look up his statistics), and consistency will be the key to this season. So I suppose Takagi has a shot.

Ralf Alden: I’m not sure if Ralf Alden deserves a mention in this review, but it should be noted that Alden might be the dark-horse of the season of dark-horses. With a decent fourth place despite a late-race brake failure, Alden is just thirteen points off the lead.

Other things to Mention:
Vic Sunset scored a fifth place for Gauthier, and he basically outraced all of the midfield drivers today. Mann was hampered by his collision with McAllister, but he still scored a point for Prost. Niko Nurminen wasted an opportunity for DAMS to pick up points by spinning and shattering his front wing while running sixth.

Leaders:
James James Davies: 1-19
Tom Douglas: 20-
FL: Tom Douglas - 1:53.768

Penalties:
+3 to Rory McAllister for unnecessary collisions
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Drivers' Championship Standings:
1. James James Davies - 33
2. Damon Cannon - 30
3. Jose Alvarez - 30
4. Rory McAllister - 26
5. Tom Douglas - 26
6. Kazuhiko Takagi - 22
7. Ralf Alden - 20
8. Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler - 15
9. Frederic-Maxime Voeckler - 13
= John Zimmer - 13
11. Lawrence Tucker - 10
12. Miko Fakkinen - 9
= Andrew Spokes - 9
14. Douglas Mann - 7
15. Jorg Scrattenheim - 4
= Niko Nurminen - 4
= Pieter Kickert - 4
18. Masta Valsattis - 3
= Yuuri Jougaseki - 3
= Vic Sunset - 3
21. Emmanuele Nicchi - 2

Constructors' Championship Standings:
1. McLaren - 59
2. Stewart - 50
3. Ferrari - 49
4. Jordan - 45
5. Williams - 22
6. Sauber - 19
7. Benetton - 16
8. DAMS - 8
9. Prost - 7
10. Gauthier - 5
11. BAR - 4
12. Volga - 3

Penalty Standings:
1. Rory McAllister - 5
2. Vic Sunset - 4
= Lawrence Tucker - 4
4. James James Davies - 3
= Daniel Moreno - 3
6. Jose Alvarez - 2
7. Niko Nurminen - 1
= Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler - 1
= Emmanuele Nicchi - 1
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James James Davies wrote:*Incomprehensible rage*

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:Excellent drive Vic! To be so close to that obviously-illegal Stewart was incredible - if you wish to remain at Gauthier for 2000, then I would be more than 'appy to 'ave you!
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season - Germany Race Up

Post by dr-baker »

Wait, what? Douglas Mann scores another point? His engine did not blow? AND he's scored all of Prost's 7 points so far? :o
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Andrew Spokes wrote:Another failure. And the car is getting further off the pace each race. This is not good enough.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Andrew Spokes wrote:Another failure. And the car is getting further off the pace each race. This is not good enough.

Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler wrote:We are still waiting for your call, Mr Spokes ;)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

F1RGP2C Commission wrote:Stewart Perfectly Legal; Investigation Closed

Today, the F1RGP2C Commission has concluded that Stewart Grand Prix has not violated any rules or regulations as set forth at the beginning of the season by the teams and the Commission. We have terminated the investigation, and the team will be allowed to race for the remainder of the season without any penalty.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Andreas Stefano wrote:I have some silly season choices for 2000 to replace Takagi...

Jose Alvarez
Andrew Spokes (being courted by Jordan)
Douglas Mann (but that will only revert our reliability work, also confuses commentators.)
Daniel Moreno (too mediocre this year)
Jorg Scrattenheim

:geek:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Today, the F1RGP2C Commission has concluded that Stewart Grand Prix has not violated any rules or regulations as set forth at the beginning of the season by the teams and the Commission. We have terminated the investigation, and the team will be allowed to race for the remainder of the season without any penalty.

James James Davies wrote:STEWAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRTTT! I know you paid off the commission!
Everything's great.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Douglas finished sixth.

He finished a race? In the points no less? :lol:

Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Eddie Stewart wrote:I'm glad the investigation is done and over with. I never doubted this result at all. The whole mess was caused by rumours. Now we can get back to work instead of having to defend ourselves.

James James Davies wrote:STEWAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRTTT! I know you paid off the commission!

Eddie Stewart wrote:Lol, the commission has enough money as is, why would they want to benefit from a bribe? :lol:

-----

Andreas Stefano wrote:I have some silly season choices for 2000 to replace Takagi...

Jose Alvarez

Nope.avi

Alvarez is staying at Stewart next season, possibly even Ralf Alden as well. We will see what both drivers want.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Eddie Stewart wrote:I'm glad the investigation is done and over with. I never doubted this result at all. The whole mess was caused by rumours. Now we can get back to work instead of having to defend ourselves.
Eddie Stewart wrote:Lol, the commission has enough money as is, why would they want to benefit from a bribe? :lol:

James James Davies wrote:Yes, because clearly greed isn't a thing that exists :roll: . Also, stop making up words, dumbass.
Everything's great.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Aerospeed wrote:

Jose Alvarez

Nope.avi

Alvarez is staying at Stewart next season, possibly even Ralf Alden as well. We will see what both drivers want.

We'll scratch Alvarez's name then. Also, since I control Alden, I have a say on his future, and I decide he stays for next season. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Round 12: Hungary

Grid:
1. Tom Douglas (Ferrari) - 1:19.466
2. James James Davies (McLaren) - 1:19.635
3. Rory McAllister (McLaren) - 1:19.896
4. John Zimmer (Benetton) - 1:20.131
5. Frederic-Maxime Voeckler (Williams) - 1:20.192
6. Damon Cannon (Jordan) - 1:20.251
7. Jose Alvarez (Stewart) - 1:20.320
8. Kazuhiko Takagi (Ferrari) - 1:20.364
9. Ralf Alden (Stewart) - 1:20.478
10. Jörg Scrattenheim (DAMS) - 1:20.516
11. Miko Fakkinen (Sauber) - 1:20.648
12. Ron Mignolet (Prost) - 1:20.686
13. Daniel Moreno (Arrows) - 1:20.750

14. Masta Valsattis (Benetton) - 1:20.783
15. Andrew Spokes (Williams) - 1:20.796
16. Emmanuele Nicchi (Gauthier) - 1:20.825
17. Douglas Mann (Prost) - 1:20.927
18. Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler (Jordan) - 1:20.938
19. Lawrence Tucker (Sauber) - 1:20.962
20. Pieter Kickert (BAR) - 1:20.982
21. Gonzalo Solari (Minardi) - 1:21.026
22. Yuuri Jougaseki (Volga) - 1:21.039
23. Niko Nurminen (DAMS) - 1:21.072
24. Ben Fleet (Arrows) - 1:21.250
25. Deanna McMohan (Minardi) - 1:21.305
26. Kim Jong-Sung (Volga) - 1:21.305
DNQ Vic Sunset (Gauthier) - 1:21.367
DNQ Nicklas Kristiansen (Minardi) - 1:21.523
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

How did Voeckler end up fifth anyways????? :?
Trulli bad puns...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Aerospeed wrote:How did Voeckler end up fifth anyways????? :?

Because Voeckler is of best.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Alvarez is not officially tied down to a Stewart contract for 2000, and will make an executive decision at the end of the season.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Review:
And we’re back to the normal order of things, right?

Positives:
James James Davies: The luck of JJD returned with a vengeance at the Hungaroring. Every single one of his championship rivals hit bad luck in some way, leaving Davies with a commanding win, and a suddenly workable lead in the championship. Davies did not drive particularly well, but he didn’t have any mechanical issues and he didn’t crash. Sometimes, that’s all that it takes.

Frederic-Maxime Voeckler: The truly spectacular drive of the weekend came from F.M. Voeckler, who dragged his Williams up onto the podium for the third time this year. In a series where Lawrence Tucker can win a race, it feels like Voeckler is due for a victory at some point, and he is now well ahead of Andrew Spokes in the Drivers’ Championship. Good for him.

Kazuhiko Takagi: Well, I suppose if you count Takagi as a “championship contender”, he’s the only one who didn’t have an absolute shocker this weekend. But I don’t count him as a serious contender, even though his third place puts him level with McAllister and Douglas. But really, there’s no way Kaz Takagi is ever going to win a title. I guarantee it.

Ron Mignolet: Where the heck has he been all season? Aside from the most anonymous driver on this side of the midfield, Mignolet hadn’t scored a single point all year until finishing fourth in Hungary.

Emmanuele Nicchi: Nicchi responds to Sunset’s brilliant points finish with another one of his own for Gauthier. Emmanule Nicchi now has more points than Masta Valsattis.

Negatives:
Every other Championship Contender: Douglas’ engine failed while he was leading comfortably yet again. Rory McAllister clumsily spun off into the gravel while leading due to pit strategy, earning him Reject of the Race. Jose Alvarez spun off with two laps to go and dropped from fourth to seventh. Damon Cannon was on course for second place when his Jordan transmission crapped out and he retired. Ralf Alden was only able to score a solitary point when Cannon and Alvarez dropped out. Davies could not have asked for anything more.

Arrows: Their chances of finishing anywhere but 13th in the Constructors’ are fading after every race. Another points finish from Nicchi leaves them with almost no chance at 10th, and they’ll need a minor miracle to beat Volga.

Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler: Kind of astonishing that Voeckler got beaten by a Gauthier and a Prost.

Leaders:
Tom Douglas: 1-27
Rory McAllister: 28-30
Tom Douglas: 31-38
Frederic-Maxime Voeckler: 39-50
James James Davies: 51-
FL: Tom Douglas - 1:22.395

Penalties:
+1 to Kim Jong-Sung for blocking James James Davies
Last edited by tristan1117 on 08 Jul 2014, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

1. James James Davies - 43
2. Damon Cannon - 30
3. Jose Alvarez - 30
4. Rory McAllister - 26
5. Tom Douglas - 26
6. Kazuhiko Takagi - 26
7. Ralf Alden - 21
8. Frederic-Maxime Voeckler - 19
9. Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler - 15
10. John Zimmer - 13
11. Lawrence Tucker - 10
12. Miko Fakkinen - 9
= Andrew Spokes - 9
14. Douglas Mann - 7
15. Jorg Scrattenheim - 4
= Niko Nurminen - 4
= Pieter Kickert - 4
18. Emmanuele Nicchi - 4
19. Masta Valsattis - 3
= Yuuri Jougaseki - 3
= Vic Sunset - 3
= Ron Mignolet - 3

1. McLaren - 69
2. Stewart - 51
3. Ferrari - 49
4. Jordan - 45
5. Williams - 28
6. Sauber - 19
7. Benetton - 16
8. Prost - 10
9. DAMS - 8
10. Gauthier - 7
11. BAR - 4
12. Volga - 3

Penalty Standings:
1. Rory McAllister - 5
2. Vic Sunset - 4
= Lawrence Tucker - 4
= Daniel Moreno - 3
6. Jose Alvarez - 2
7. Niko Nurminen - 1
= Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler - 1
= Emmanuele Nicchi - 1
= Kim Jong-Sung - 1
Shizuka

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season - Hungary Race Up

Post by Shizuka »

*goes after the gearbox manufacturer with a fork*

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James James Davies wrote:About goddamn time this bucket of bolts held together!
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Shizuka wrote:*goes after the gearbox manufacturer with a fork*

*JE Voeckler joins quickly forming mob*

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Biscione wrote:

*Niko Nurminen follows suit*
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Nuppiz wrote:
Biscione wrote:

*As do all 350 employees of Arrows F1*
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:
Biscione wrote:*JE Voeckler joins quickly forming mob*

*As do all 350 employees of Arrows F1*

*Damon Cannon also joins the braying mob*
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

*Don Rennis sees the growing mob outside Woking and starts to get rather worried* :P
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wizzie wrote:*Don Rennis sees the growing mob outside Woking and starts to get rather worried* :P

Rennis pls, nobody cares about you or your team. Are you hallucinating again?

In other news, what was once the Xtrac factory, is now a burning pile of rubble.

Image Image
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Eddie Stewart wrote:Luckily for us our gearboxes are in-house so we have little to worry about Xtrac! Or anyone else ruining our race for that matter. Now all we need to do is stay on track... and sadly that didn't happen today with Jose. But every point counts!

-----

tristan1117 wrote:Arrows: Their chances of finishing anywhere but 13th in the Constructors’ are fading after every race. Another points finish from Nicchi leaves them with almost no chance at 10th, and they’ll need a minor miracle to beat Volga.

Daniel Moreno wrote:Unfortunately we are not in excess of major miracles, never mind any minor ones. We'll need a better engine for next year.
Trulli bad puns...
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

*Xtrac's Thatcham headquarters seen burning with about 400 people around the base*

...that was fun. :lol:

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Daniel Moreno wrote:Unfortunately we are not in excess of major miracles, never mind any minor ones. We'll need a better engine for next year.

James James Davies wrote:Or a better driver! You say you don't have any miracles - I'd say the fact that you still have a job qualifies as one, Moreno.
Everything's great.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Random Prost mechanic, wearing a baret and a moustache wrote:A fork? Seriously, when we at Prost are on a mob (and that happens often, we're French, after all), we at least use a forklift. Way more effective! And so far the forklifts engine... Douglas, get off that forklift! Merde, you broke the engine, English idiot! After him! Hit him with our 2 weeks old baguettes!

Other random Prost mechanic wrote:Thankfully, we also have a spoontruck
*awkward silence and a ball of hay rolling by*
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Andrew Spokes wrote:My engine kept cutting out. Maybe I could have got as far as my team mate if I'd had full power! I need to consider my options for next year...
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

This wrote:

Random Prost mechanic, wearing a baret and a moustache wrote:A fork? Seriously, when we at Prost are on a mob (and that happens often, we're French, after all), we at least use a forklift. Way more effective! And so far the forklifts engine... Douglas, get off that forklift! Merde, you broke the engine, English idiot! After him! Hit him with our 2 weeks old baguettes!

Next time we'll use those too!

tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Round 13: Belgium

1. James James Davies (McLaren) - 1:53.089
2. Tom Douglas (Ferrari) - 1:53.377
3. Rory McAllister (McLaren) - 1:53.555
4. Damon Cannon (Jordan) - 1:53.595
5. Kazuhiko Takagi (Ferrari) - 1:53.890
6. Jose Alvarez (Stewart) - 1:54.173
7. Andrew Spokes (Williams) - 1:54.305
8. John Zimmer (Benetton) - 1:54.352
9. Frederic-Maxime Voeckler (Williams) - 1:54.458
10. Douglas Mann (Prost) - 1:54.509
11. Ralf Alden (Stewart) - 1:54.573
12. Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler (Jordan) - 1:54.700
13. Pieter Kickert (BAR) - 1:54.804

14. Jörg Scrattenheim (DAMS) - 1:54.917
15. Lawrence Tucker (Sauber) - 1:54.954
16. Niko Nurminen (DAMS) - 1:55.075
17. Miko Fakkinen (Sauber) - 1:55.238
18. Ron Mignolet (Prost) - 1:55.317
19. Vic Sunset (Gauthier) - 1:55.555
20. Daniel Moreno (Arrows) - 1:55.556
21. Emmanuele Nicchi (Gauthier) - 1:55.987
22. Deanna McMohan (Minardi) - 1:56.114
23. Masta Valsattis (Benetton) - 1:58.473
24. Gonzalo Solari (Minardi) - 1:59.150
25. Ben Fleet (Arrows) - 1:59.930
26. Yuuri Jougaseki (Volga) - 1:59.940
DNQ Nicklas Kristiansen (Minardi) - 2:00.113
DNQ Kim Jong-Sung (Volga) - 2:00:.126

A wet Friday led to a shootout for pole on Saturday, which Davies managed to win comfortably. There were some surprises, as Masta Valsattis' car broke down on his run and he barely avoided a DNQ because of major problems with Volga, who couldn't run either car on Saturday due to engine troubles.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:

I really did :lol: at this!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season - Belgium Quali Up

Post by tristan1117 »

Review:
A crazy race, but not a crazy result. The title race, realistically, is down to Douglas and JJD, but the route we took to get there in Spa was insane.

Positives:
Tom Douglas: Give credit to Tom Douglas. It seemed like he was the only driver who didn’t spin out or do something stupid for the entire race. While everyone on the grid was struggling, Tom Douglas was somehow able to keep his wits about him and win the race. Unfortunately for his title hopes, the luck of James James Davies minimized Douglas’ ability to make up a huge amount of ground on the McLaren driver, but he still is in a decent position.

Vic Sunset: Fourth?!! In a Gauthier?! You have to be kidding me. Tom Douglas wasn’t the only driver who didn’t screwed up royally during the race. Vic Sunset also benefitted from everyone else’s mistakes, leaving him in fourth place.

Ron Mignolet: Not a world-beating performance from Mignolet, but he straggled home to get one point, which is good.

Divine Intervention:
James James Davies: Unsurprisingly, James James Davies got a healthy share of luck in Belgium. The surprising part was just how much luck JJD received. Davies had the third fastest car in the field today, behind both Douglas and Cannon. Douglas was uncatchable, and Cannon eventually passed Davies on Lap 9. As soon as Cannon passed by, Davies picked up a massive puncture on his McLaren. Race over, right? Wrong. Davies picked up the puncture right next to the pit entrance, which meant he basically lost no time and didn’t have to retire as he pitted. Even better, he was able to pit within his fuel window. Davies then promptly spun the car 7 laps later. But that was alright, because Cannon was busy throwing his championship hopes away, his teammate had been completely useless again, and he managed to fight his way back through the field to finish third. Oh wait, Tom Douglas’ useless Ferrari teammate Kazuhiko Takagi spun off with two laps to go, handing Davies second place! In a season where every point matters, Takagi’s spin was critical, and judging by Davies’ day, finishing second was an incredibly lucky result.

Negatives:
Damon Cannon: Well, you could not have had a larger implosion with the pressure on. Maybe it was pressure. Maybe it was just the car. Whatever happened, we cannot ignore the fact that Damon Cannon had the fastest car today, and was given a golden opportunity to beat Douglas and Davies and reassert himself. He passed Tom Douglas for the lead on Lap 16 and seemed poised to do just that. Then he spun off and broke his wing and Les Combes. Then he spun agin seven lap later. And again. And again. Reject of the Race.

Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler: You know, Cannon’s awful performance may have been a result of the Jordan, especially considering that JE Voeckler also spun four times during the race. Or, more likely, they both drove like Chanoch Nissanies. I’m revising that ROTR award and giving it to the Jordan drivers in general.

Kazuhiko Takagi: “YOU IDIOT! YOU HAD TWO LAPS TO GO!” - assumed reaction by Tom Douglas after the podium ceremony.

Frederic-Maxime Voeckler: On Lap 10, Voeckler lost control of his Williams on the exit of Les Combes while running in fourth place. Voeckler hit the curb and spun across the track. John Zimmer rammed straight into the Williams at nearly full speed, as he was running in seventh place and the group of Voeckler, Takagi, Alden and Zimmer were all running nose to tail. Both drivers were taken to the track medical center. Both driver remained conscious, but Zimmer was later diagnosed with a concussion and a few cracked ribs. He will miss the next two races. Voeckler was diagnosed with a broken arm and will miss the remainder of the season.

Rory McAllister: Although he didn't implode quite as badly as Cannon did, his three spins today was enough to basically remove him from contention. McAllister has been terrible in the last three races.

Leaders:
Tom Douglas: 1-10
Damon Cannon: 11-12
Tom Douglas: 13-15
Damon Cannon: 16-18
Tom Douglas: 19-
FL: Damon Cannon - 1:58.455

Penalties:
+2 to Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler for general incompetence
+1 to Deanna McMohan for blocking Damon Cannon
+2 to Damon Cannon for general incompetence
Last edited by tristan1117 on 18 Jul 2014, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season - Belgium Quali Up

Post by tristan1117 »

Note: Zimmer and Voeckler will need replacements.

1. James James Davies - 49
2. Tom Douglas - 36
3. Damon Cannon - 30
4. Jose Alvarez - 30
5. Kazuhiko Takagi - 30
6. Rory McAllister - 28
7. Ralf Alden - 21
8. Frederic-Maxime Voeckler - 19
9. Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler - 15
10. John Zimmer - 13
11. Lawrence Tucker - 10
12. Miko Fakkinen - 9
= Andrew Spokes - 9
14. Douglas Mann - 7
15. Vic Sunset - 6
16. Jorg Scrattenheim - 4
= Niko Nurminen - 4
= Pieter Kickert - 4
19. Emmanuele Nicchi - 4
= Ron Mignolet - 4
21. Masta Valsattis - 3
= Yuuri Jougaseki - 3

1. McLaren - 77
2. Ferrari - 63
3. Stewart - 51
4. Jordan - 45
5. Williams - 28
6. Sauber - 19
7. Benetton - 16
8. Prost - 11
9. Gauthier - 10
10. DAMS - 8
11. BAR - 4
12. Volga - 3

Penalty Standings:
1. Rory McAllister - 5
2. Vic Sunset - 4
= Lawrence Tucker - 4
= Daniel Moreno - 3
= Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler - 3
6. Jose Alvarez - 2
= Damon Cannon - 2
7. Niko Nurminen - 1
= Emmanuele Nicchi - 1
= Kim Jong-Sung - 1
= Deanna McMohan - 1
Aerospeed

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season - Belgium Race Up

Post by Aerospeed »

Hmm, not a good race for Stewart, when the whole field seemed to implode.

With Zimmer and Voeckler having to be replaced, Jim Bennett is available to act as a substitute for either driver, and he also brings lots of sponsorship dollars as well. :)
Trulli bad puns...
DemocalypseNow

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season - Belgium Race Up

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Wow. What a horrible horrible day for Jordan. Just wow...

Jack Christopherson is free to fill in for Fast Freddy if Williams are interested.

Image Image