1999 F1RGP2C Season - Bathurst Challenge!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
DemocalypseNow

Re: 1999 F1RGP2C Season - Bathurst Challenge!

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Given Andrew Spokes won't return our calls, Jordan makes signing Jose Alvarez their top priority! Let's talk about contracts...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

RonDenisDeletraz wrote:Meanwhile Jorg Scrattenheim is willing to drive where ever he has a contract offer

DAMS isn't booting him out :P

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Williams will go to Bathurst with both race drivers, and inquire about the possibility of signing Alvarez.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:We call Mann back to Prost for one last hurrah, but he is free to leave the team next year if we fail to secure BMW engines. (which we will probably fail to)
Obviously Ron Mignolet will drive the race too, because we have never heared of nepotism.

Deal. In cannon, this Douglas Mann is different to the NASCAR/F1RWRS Douglas Mann, and it would be good if there were a clear period of 5-6 years between this one retiring and other Douglas starting his NASCAR career in 2006.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Ataxia wrote:BAR will run with Pieter Kickert and Natascha Zaugg, pending approval from TMLW and Rated, and we'd also like them for the 2000 season too.

Fine with me !
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I also present a (not so) new driver, Mauricio Rossini (Italian), available for hire for any team (preferably Prost). :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

FMecha wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Rory McAllister will drive his last race for McLaren at Bathurst before (hopefully) heading to Ferrari.

Ataxia wrote:Since the Ferrari seat appears to be non-forthcoming for Alvarez, he's looking at Jordan and Williams for next season should either have racing seats available.

Andreas Stefano wrote:Just a heads-up McAllister and Alvarez - whoever finishes first gets the Ferrari seat. ;)

But Rory has a lot of experience at the front of the grid - hell, he's even driven for Ferrari before! :P
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Shizuka wrote:
RonDenisDeletraz wrote:Meanwhile Jorg Scrattenheim is willing to drive where ever he has a contract offer

DAMS isn't booting him out :P

He will sign again then
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Alright, deadline for Bathurst entries will be Sunday, 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. If you don't have any custom lineups, the team will simply run their regular drivers.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Unless Messrs Fleet and Moreno object, we'll run with them for Bathurst.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Unless Messrs Fleet and Moreno object, we'll run with them for Bathurst.

That's OK, but does Fleet have a contract for next year?

(I don't want Fleet or Mann's F1RGP2C's careers to go on for too much longer, to avoid confusion with future/F1RWRS Fleet and Mann).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Andrew Spokes wrote:Obviously it would be a dream to drive for Ferrari, but it looks like that option is not open to me. Therefore I am happy to stay at Williams for another couple of years provided they are replacing the gutless rubbish we've had this year with the BMW engines and that I am Number One driver. I won't be going to Jordan.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

L'Equipe wrote:FMV: I am number one at Williams

After a public declaration from Spokes demanding he be instated as the number one driver, team-mate Frederic-Maxime Voeckler has stamped his authority on his position in the team, amid rumours Williams are looking to poach Jose Alvarez from Stewart.

"These comments from Andrew are quite disappointing," said Voeckler. "During the last season we were given equal status and I assumed he would like to continue parity in the team."

"However, if he must insist on trying to force the team into backing only one driver, the only thing being backed will be him into a corner. The points tally from this season clearly shows who the team leader in 2000 will be, if there is a nominated team leader at all. The driver who scores less points despite doing more races is not usually one who is in a position to make such demands."

The comments by Voeckler were clearly aimed at the 1999 Drivers' Championship standings, where the Frenchman outscored team-mate Spokes 19 to 12, despite missing the last four events of the season."

Despite rumours of a new driving coming in to the Williams lineup, Voeckler seemed assured his position at the British team was safe.

"Williams will be my home for the forseeable future," stated Voeckler. "A contract extension is only a day or two away from being penned. I am very happy to be at Williams and I look forward to a long and fruitful partnership with them."

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Andrew Spokes wrote:Obviously it would be a dream to drive for Ferrari, but it looks like that option is not open to me. Therefore I am happy to stay at Williams for another couple of years provided they are replacing the gutless rubbish we've had this year with the BMW engines and that I am Number One driver. I won't be going to Jordan.

Klaus Mann wrote:Of course, you vill be der number 1...but only if it is no longer feasible for Frederic to win der championship! Der same goes for him. Both drivers will start der season equal, until they give the team a reason to think otherwise....
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Jordan GP Press Release wrote:Jose Alvarez pens Jordan deal for 2000

Jordan Grand Prix announces the signature of Spanish driver Jose Alvarez for the 2000 season, joining the lineup alongside highly experienced Brit Damon Cannon. The Spaniard had a fine breakout season in 1999, securing two victories en route to 6th in the championship.

"We are excited to announce the signing of Jose Alvarez here at Jordan Grand Prix," said team principal Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler. "Jose was the brighest young talent of the 1999 season, and was a top priority for us to put together the best possible package for the 2000 season."

"With Cannon and Alvarez, Jordan has one of the finest and most dynamic lineups in the sport. A perfect blend of youthful enthusiasm and measured experience. We hope to continue our upward form from 1999 into next year."

Team principal Voeckler, who raced alongside Cannon in 1999, was happy to surrender his position in the team for the newly signed Spaniard; "In all honest, Jose showed me up pretty badly last year! The time was right for me to draw a close to my single-seater career and let younger guys come in. And we signed one of the best young talents in Alvarez."

Alvarez will join the squad at the turn of the year once his contract with Stewart Grand Prix expires on Jan 1 2000. Alik Mori will feature in place of Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler in the 1999 non-championship round at Bathurst.

Image Image
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Phoenix wrote:
FMecha wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Rory McAllister will drive his last race for McLaren at Bathurst before (hopefully) heading to Ferrari.

Ataxia wrote:Since the Ferrari seat appears to be non-forthcoming for Alvarez, he's looking at Jordan and Williams for next season should either have racing seats available.

Andreas Stefano wrote:Just a heads-up McAllister and Alvarez - whoever finishes first gets the Ferrari seat. ;)

But Rory has a lot of experience at the front of the grid - hell, he's even driven for Ferrari before! :P

Andreas Stefano wrote:So with Alvarez joining Jordan, Rory, you will drive for us next season. Welcome back to Ferrari. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

As usual, Zimmer will not enter, so Benetton will run Valsattis and anyone who wants the second seat.
As for Kickert, he's happy to race for BAR at Bathurst and in 2000.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Great - looking forward to receiving Rubens Barrichello's performance files :lol:
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Autosport wrote:Kickert kicks on at BAR, Zaugg steps up

British American Racing have announced their lineup for the 2000 season, retaining Dutchman Pieter Kickert and promoting current reserve driver Natascha Zaugg to a race seat. Kickert scored BAR's first points last season despite the team being afflicted by poor reliability, and has signed on in the hope that the projected technical tie-up with Honda aids the team next season. Zaugg replaces Gonzalo Solari alongside the Dutchman; Solari's results failed to impress the BAR management and thus has been released. The Austrian driver will debut for BAR at the non-championship race at Bathurst, which will seemingly become the team's last race with Supertec.

"We're delighted to keep Pete, and we hope to pick up a better sequence of results in 2000" said team principal Tim Perkins. "Natascha was on our books last season, and in testing she was pretty quick. We thought it would be fair to promote her to the race seat, and we must thank Gonzalo for his time with us. Unfortunately some things don't always work out, but he'll be an asset to any team who picks him up."
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:As usual, Zimmer will not enter, so Benetton will run Valsattis and anyone who wants the second seat.

Solari is interested in taking his #MillionsOfPesos to Benetton for Bathurst, and is open to any offers for 2000
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:As usual, Zimmer will not enter, so Benetton will run Valsattis and anyone who wants the second seat.

Blog would like to have a seat knowing that Gauthier doesn't like my driver :(
Officially Retired
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

FMecha wrote:I also present a (not so) new driver, Mauricio Rossini (Italian), available for hire for any team (preferably Prost). :)

If Mann retires, Rossini gets his chance, as Remedio hasn't done the miracles we expected from him. We offer Rossini a half year deal.
We're not longer in a position to attract top drivers, so we'll have to find the next big thing.

Also, KJS is looking for a team for 2000 (but is happy at Volga). All teams have to remember that any team that rejects this very kind offer or even dares to say a bad word about him, is a state enemy of Korea, and that the second-hand soviet rocket pointed to your teams headquarters will not hesitate to strike.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Is Nurminen joining McLaren for 2000?

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Shizuka wrote:Is Nurminen joining McLaren for 2000?

If he is offered a contract, definitely.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nicklas Kristiansen's looking to jump ship from Minardi. Prost, DAMS and Sauber are teams of interest, but he'll pretty much sign anything.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Nuppiz wrote:
Shizuka wrote:Is Nurminen joining McLaren for 2000?

If he is offered a contract, definitely.

Consider it a deal then. Nurminen will replace the departing McAllister at McLaren for 2000 and hopefully beyond
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Deanna McMahon who drove for Minardi in 1999 is looking to remain in the series and is open to any offers whether it would be Minardi or another team
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
FMecha wrote:I also present a (not so) new driver, Mauricio Rossini (Italian), available for hire for any team (preferably Prost). :)

If Mann retires, Rossini gets his chance.

Looks like that after Bathurst, Rossini is getting his chance!
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Antonio Bizzarri and his many many suitcases stuffed with lire of questionable origin is looking to buy himself a way onto the grid anywhere. He really doesn't care where.

Image Image
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Ataxia wrote:Nicklas Kristiansen's looking to jump ship from Minardi. Prost, DAMS and Sauber are teams of interest, but he'll pretty much sign anything.

DAMS is interested. :P

tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Bathurst Challenge Lineup:

McLaren
1. James James Davies
2. Niko Nurminen

Ferrari
1. Tom Douglas
2. Kazuhiko Takagi

Jordan
1. Damon Cannon
2. Alik Mori

Stewart
1. Jose Alvarez
2. Ralf Alden

Williams
1. Andrew Spokes
2. Frederic-Maxime Voeckler

Sauber
1. Lawrence Tucker
2. Antonio Bizzarri

Benetton
1. Masta Valsattis
2. Gonzalo Solari

DAMS
1. Jorg Scrattenheim
2. James Allen

Prost
1. Ron Mignolet
2. Douglas Mann

BAR
1. Pieter Kickert
2. Natascha Zaugg

Volga
1. Yuuri Jougaseki
2. Kim Jong-Sung

Arrows
1. Daniel Moreno
2. Ben Fleet

Minardi
1. Nicklas Kristiansen
2. Deanna McMahon

Was not totally clear on who's driving for McLaren, but Nurminen was confirmed by Wizzie, so McAllister is out.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Rory McAllister wrote:I can't believe I've been left out on such short notice! I've given McLaren 5 seasons of good services, and this is how they pay me? I know I'm leaving at the end of the year, but I wanted to do well at Bathurst to go out on a high note and bid the team farewell, and this is what I find! Bloody ridiculous! I've lost all respect I had for Don Rennis! I can't wait to kick their asses with Ferrari next season!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Shizuka wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Nicklas Kristiansen's looking to jump ship from Minardi. Prost, DAMS and Sauber are teams of interest, but he'll pretty much sign anything.

DAMS is interested. :P

I think we have a deal...
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Phoenix wrote:
Rory McAllister wrote:I can't believe I've been left out on such short notice! I've given McLaren 5 seasons of good services, and this is how they pay me? I know I'm leaving at the end of the year, but I wanted to do well at Bathurst to go out on a high note and bid the team farewell, and this is what I find! Bloody ridiculous! I've lost all respect I had for Don Rennis! I can't wait to kick their asses with Ferrari next season!

There's a Bathurst seat at Benetton that McAllister can have if he's desperate.

On a related note, why is Solari in said Benetton seat? I dont't recall offering it to him, let alone accepting him.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:On a related note, why is Solari in said Benetton seat? I dont't recall offering it to him, let alone accepting him.

Beause Wizzie offered him for the seat and you said nothing in due course about a replacement for Valsattis.

Image Image
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Biscione wrote:
the Masked Lapwing wrote:On a related note, why is Solari in said Benetton seat? I dont't recall offering it to him, let alone accepting him.

Beause Wizzie offered him for the seat and you said nothing in due course about a replacement for Valsattis.

I haven't run the race yet, so you can sub in McAllister or anyone else for Solari now if you'd like.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Ataxia wrote:I think we have a deal...

Welcome to DAMS :) He can visit us at Bathurst to meet the team!

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Rory McAllister wrote:Oh, I definately accept driving for Benetton. I'm very thankful to Flavio Briatore for offering me this chance. Here's hoping I can make the best of this collaboration!
OsellaFA1L

Post by OsellaFA1L »

Mark Albertson is willing to take any backmarker drive for next year. He was meh in Rejects1 and has lots of money from Enron
RIP Jules Bianchi

Only Bernie could pay his way out of a bribery court case
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Bathurst Challenge Grid

1. Damon Cannon (Jordan) - 1:29.998
2. Frederic-Maxime Voeckler (Williams) - 1:30.059
3. Tom Douglas (Ferrari) - 1:30.162
4. Andrew Spokes (Williams) - 1:30.399
5. James James Davies (McLaren) - 1:30.499
6. Alik Mori (Jordan) - 1:30.663
7. Jose Alvarez (Stewart) - 1:30.711
8. Ralf Alden (Stewart) - 1:30.724
9. Rory McAllister (Benetton) - 1:39.769
10. Lawrence Tucker (Sauber) - 1:30.791
11. Douglas Mann (Prost) - 1:30.838
12. Daniel Moreno (Arrows) - 1:30.886
13. Kazuhiko Takagi (Ferrari) - 1:30.933

14. Pieter Kickert (BAR) - 1:30.934
15. Masta Valsattis (Benetton) - 1:30.955
16. Emmanuele Nicchi (Gauthier) - 1:31.095
17. Jörg Scrattenheim (DAMS) - 1:31.284
18. Niko Nurminen (McLaren) - 1:31.330
19. Vic Sunset (Gauthier) - 1:31.389
20. Antonio Bizzarri (Sauber) - 1:31.438
21. Ron Mignolet (Prost) - 1:31.506
22. Yuuri Jougaseki (Volga) - 1:31.602
23. James Allen (DAMS) - 1:31.609
24. Nicklas Kristiansen (Minardi) - 1:31.658
25. Ben Fleet (Arrows) - 1:31.725
26. Kim Jong-Sung (Volga) - 1:31.771
DNQ Deanna McMohan (Minardi) - 1:31.839
DNQ Natascha Zaugg (BAR) - 1:31.129