140427 Malahrainese GP Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

140427 Malahrainese GP Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day all,

There's still 2 weeks until the next GP and you'll need every minute to digest our longest, and most rambling, podcast ever.

Desperately in need of judicious editing, our latest offering covers Bernie's trial, Crimean consequences for F1, a GMIF1P from dinizintheoven, and our largest Reject "where are they now" to date.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Jamie
tc3j3r

Re: 140427 Malahrainese GP Edition

Post by tc3j3r »

"I don't care how good you are, if you've driven for HRT you're a reject."

So Daniel Ricciardo is a reject! :lol:
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Yay more reject profile updates!

Can't agree on the bit about Vettel's greatness being in question since I can put that down to complacency on his part (being too comfortable with the way things were and forgetting how to handle a teammate that's actually competent) and that I've heard Red Bull think there's a crack in his chassis. Even if Ricciardo truly is a better driver than Vettel is, it's too early to call Vettel's "greatness" into question. Give it two years.

Also that was probably one of the better GMIF1Ps ever.
Last edited by Cynon on 01 May 2014, 14:54, edited 2 times in total.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Cynon wrote:Also that was probably one of the better GMIF1Ps ever.

Agreed! Good find, dinizintheoven!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Thanks the hard work is making an extra long edition!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dr-baker wrote:
Cynon wrote:Also that was probably one of the better GMIF1Ps ever.

Agreed! Good find, dinizintheoven!

Credit also to who it was who alerted me to the existence of said GMIF1P in the first place - sswishbone. And to Mario for including the line about the nuts and bolts in the bin.

It then needed a bit of work to track down the piece of punditry, and I thought I'd record it for archiving purposes... then sent it to the overlords, just in case they'd like to use it on the podcast.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

watka wrote:Thanks the hard work is making an extra long edition!

No worries. There's not really that much hard work involved in the preparation and recording (although there's lots of hard work for Jamie in the post-recording editing). The preparation largely involved us having dinner at a pub, identifying inane stories, choosing some random music and then pressing the record button in our "mobile recording studio" (a.k.a. my people-mover). In fact the lack of preparation shines through in the rather rambling first half hour or so. Which I hope everyone enjoyed!
dr-baker

Re: Forum's 3rd Birthday

Post by dr-baker »

Definitely enjoyed the ramblings, Enoch. The F1 Rejects podcast is one of only 2 or 3 that I get excited to listen to when I discover that there's one on the way. And I suscribe to a fair few weekly podcasts...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

Its the only podcast I listen to and its far better listening on the way to work than whats on the radio!

The "ramblings" work really well and are genuinely enjoyable to listen to. They are also far more fun and enjoyable than any of the official stuff.
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
Wayhard

Post by Wayhard »

I think this podcast is the only one I ever bother with. If only there were more of them!

Great show this time around. Always interesting to hear about the random stories that nobody else dares cover. :lol: