2017 AutoReject 2.0 N. America - NEWS

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Onxy Wrecked

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 North America - Indianapolis Test

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Holy smokes, that was something I thought I'd never see.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Not bad - Loyola seems to be the fastest of the two. But more surprisingly, Fotis Iordanou - after his long sabbatical - still has it :D
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Canadian Tire Motorsports Park - Pre-Season Test

Results

Note: Day 1 is the Practice 1 tab, Day 2 is "Practice 2".
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 North America - Pre-season Testing

Post by Hermann95 »

At least the first session looked promising for T.K. Wolf.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Sonoma Raceway (Chute Course) - Pre-season Test

Results

(again, a tab for each session)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

CaptainGetz, your decision to can Sigurdsson for Zidan is absolutely fine. If you could provide his age and personal sponsors (if any) then that would be fantastic.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Ataxia wrote:CaptainGetz, your decision to can Sigurdsson for Zidan is absolutely fine. If you could provide his age and personal sponsors (if any) then that would be fantastic.

Very well,

Malik Zidan will be 19 at the start of the season and he brings the sponsor Enppi. This means that Torolf's sponsor (Norsk Hydro) will have to be dropped.

With Sigurdsson now a free agent, we'll likely be searching for a seat in AR 2.0 Europe, unless anyone is interested in putting him in another seat here in the Americas.
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Speed Collective Racing would like to announce a move of their facilities and a subsequent name change.

SCR has moved from Austin to Vancouver and will now be known as Peak Motorsport Canada.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 North America - SOON.

Post by Ataxia »

AUTOREJECT 2.0 NORTH AMERICA ROUND 1 - LAGUNA SECA RACEWAY, CALIFORNIA, USA

FEATURE RACE QUALIFYING

Code: Select all

1) E. Padilla (Onyx Racing) - 1:18.443
2) E. Armando (CR Motorsport) +0.057
3) F. Iordanou (Hydook) +0.069
4) R. Ibe (CR Motorsport) +0.220
5) J. Wilmington (Falik Arrows) +0.318
6) T. Wolf (Loyer) +0.417
7) L. Gilson-Clark (Hunter-Maple) +0.801
8) J. Loyola (Hydook) +0.874
9) D. Summers (Peak Motorsport) +0.898
10) J. Sullivan (Union Saver) +0.936
11) M. Zidan (Blokkmonsta) +0.998
12) A. Geinhart (Cassidy) +1.031
13) B. Pavlovic (Rob Lomas) +1.103
14) A. Lopez (Peak Motorsport) +1.189
15) G. Hillman (Simpson) +1.305
16) A. Watson (Simpson) +1.322
17) C. Alvarez Torrente (Hunter-Maple) +1.485
18) A. Schnass (Blokkmonsta) +1.516
19) S. da Santa Maria (Loyer) +1.585
20) Z. Voeckler (Cassidy) +1.603
21) J. del Rio (Union Saver) +1.798
22) P. Fenech-Adami (Rob Lomas) +1.798
23) M. Carrera (Onyx Racing) +1.946
24) P. Mikoyan (Mecha) +2.102
25) J. Hopkins (Mecha) +2.797
26) N. Masisi (Falik Arrows) +3.311

FEATURE RACE // 21 LAPS

An action-packed race at Laguna Seca saw TK Wolf chalk up a fantastic win for Loyer; the Austrian driver had to work his way through the front-runners, although he came under fire from Ernesto Padilla late on he still managed to pull out a 6.5s gap to the Bolivian. Eduardo Armando led most of the first portion of the race having decisively passed Padilla into the Corkscrew, but the CR driver didn't have the tyres to fight off the eventual top two drivers. Malik Zidan put in undoubtedly the drive of the race to claim an excellent 4th; the Egyptian bustled his way through the back and managed to fight of the late advances of Fotis Iordanou. Roger Ibe will be looking for retribution in the sprint race, having dropped to 9th in this one, whilst Simpson Motorsports' Grant Hillman will claim the reverse-grid pole. James Wilmington suffered an engine failure whilst on for points, spelling an unhappy race for Falik. Towards the back, Marisa Carrera and Zenaide Voeckler collided early on and ensured both had to pit.

RESULT

GRID FOR SPRINT RACE

1. Hillman
2. Ibe
3. Loyola
4. Gilson-Clark
5. Sullivan
6. Iordanou
7. Zidan
8. Armando
9. Padilla
10. Wolf
11. Summers
12. Geinhart
13. Lopez
14. Watson
15. Pavlovic
16. da Santamaria
17. del Rio
18. Alvarez Torrente
19. Fenech-Adami
20. Hopkins
21. Schnass
22. Mikoyan
23. Masisi
24. Carrera
25. Voeckler
26. Wilmington

SPRINT RACE // 14 LAPS

Roger Ibe took an easy victory in the Laguna Seca sprint race, crossing the line with an eight second gap to Fotis Iordanou. The Filipino driver seized upon Grant Hillman's slight excursion off the circuit and dictated the race from there. The Filipino had to make a hasty exit from his car at the end; he pulled over at turn 1 as his engine exploded right after he crossed the line! The men worth watching were Aaron Watson and Alex Geinhart; the two stuck together to scythe their way through the field and really maximise their sprint race chances. Heartbreak came for Geinhart on the final lap; at the Corkscrew the lap prior the Cassidy driver made contact with Ernesto Padilla and eventually pulled off with suspension damage. Grant Hillman eventually claimed the final point, although he beat Jorge del Rio by 0.2s to do so.

The stewards found the Geinhart/Padilla contact to be a racing incident, and as such no action will be taken.

RESULTS
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 North America - R1: Laguna Seca!

Post by Ataxia »

After Round 1, the full standings are available HERE.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Not bad for a first race. Iordanou has something going for himself, and there's hope Loyola will be gaining momentum later in the season.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Zidan already off to a flying start. Alexi on the other hand...

Andrea Schnass wrote: *Ahem*
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

What happened to Marisa Carrera? I suspect she's gone back to her old tricks of fooling us in testing and then becoming Rosset!
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

T.K. Wolf wrote:It was an absolutely great weekend. Winning the first race of the season was something i'd never expected before the season. In the second race i had a bit of a hard time and i wasn't able to move up the ranks. Never the less, it was a good weekend and i hope to be on the podium again at the next race.

Salvadore da Santa Maria wrote:It was a quite dissapointing weekend for me. Seeing the teammate winning while not scoring any points at all is really hard. Hopefully i can learn from this and score points in the future too.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Autosport wrote:AutoReject say "NA" to Long Beach; Brickyard to slot in

The AutoReject 2.0 commission have cancelled the race at Long Beach due to inadequate safety features.

During the inspection on the Thursday afternoon, the scrutineers have found fault with some of the road features not having been removed from the circuit in time and the placement of the tyre barriers. It is believed that the Long Beach organisers have moved a lot of the safety implements from where they were in the Winter Cup last year, which has been deemed as unsatisfactory.

The Long Beach race will be omitted from the AR2.0 calendar for 2017; the field will visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's road course later in the season; the teams tested there in the winter and will be racing at the world-famous Brickyard after the round at Watkins Glen. The three ticket holders for the Long Beach race have been refunded.

Yeah, I was running this race, and it was just completely farcical. First off, Grant Hillman flipped Alex Geinhart over on lap 2, then Dakota Summers flipped herself over on a kerb and ended up crashing into a flower bed. Jimmy Hopkins did the same, and as the race progressed people had a hideous amount of engine failures and would frequently stop on track. This concluded with the safety car coming out, leading the field before crashing into the wall. The remaining cars just trundled around in a train of utmost kekkery. It was hard to stop laughing, but the results were unusable and I thought it would be unfair that drivers were compromised by a dodgy circuit.

I think the move to Indy is for the best, I don't really want to re-run LB anyway! I'll fix it up for next year, though.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AUTOREJECT 2.0 NORTH AMERICA ROUND 2 - CIRCUIT GILLES VILLENEUVE, MONTREAL, CANADA

FEATURE RACE QUALIFYING

Grid for feature race.

FEATURE RACE // 19 LAPS

After the first ten laps or so, you could be forgiven for thinking this would be an Eduardo Armando walkover; the Panama-born driver took a decisive pole and stole away at the moment the lights went. James Wilmington followed on, but certainly didn't have the pace in his Falik Arrows to push Armando much. Summers and Schnass didn't have the pace to stay in the hunt either; the two spent most of the time fighting Ibe, Wolf, Gilson-Clarke, Geinhart and Padilla amongst the lower reaches of the points. That was when the race threw a curve-ball, and Armando suffered suspension failure and pulled into the pit lane exit, distraught. This pushed Wilmington into the lead, but the Canadian was immediately overwhelmed by a lightning-quick Wolf and Aaron Watson, who was having a decent afternoon. Wolf romped ahead to take his second win of the season, leaving Watson, Wilmington and Gilson-Clarke to fight for the other podium places. At the final chicane, Watson outbraked himself and Gilson-Clarke sauntered through with Wilmington in tow to claim the last podium spots.

Jimmy Hopkins earned himself a trip to the stewards' office after damaging Marisa Carrera's rear wing unprovoked.

RESULTS

Penalties

Jimmy Hopkins, #12, earned himself a warning for damaging the rear geometry of Marisa Carrera, #1.

Note: three warnings will result in a one-race ban.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPRINT RACE GRID

1. J Sullivan
2. Z Voeckler
3. P Mikoyan
4. E Padilla
5. A Geinhart
6. R Ibe
7. A Watson
8. J Wilmington
9. L Gilson-Clarke
10. T Wolf
11. A Schnass
12. J del Rio
13. B Pavlovic
14. C Alvarez Torrente
15. S da Santa Maris
16. P Fenech-Adami
17. J Hopkins
18. G Hillman
19. N Masisi
20. M Zidan
21. F Iordanou
22. D Summers
23. M Carrera
24. J Loyola
25. E Armando
26. A Lopez

SPRINT RACE // 11 LAPS

Both AR2.0 rounds have produced similar winners thus far; although TK Wolf has the monopoly on feature wins at the current moment, Roger Ibe kept his charge intact with a second sprint race win. Ibe was in top form to dispatch the Cassidys of Geinhart and Voeckler at the beginning after polesitter John Sullivan slid down the order. Geinhart held second; the American didn't have enough in the car to push Ibe for the win, and sensibly decided to hold back and bring his car to the finish. Pyotr Mikoyan ensured Montreal continued to be a good round; the Russian battled hard to claim 3rd. Standout performances came from Jorge del Rio and Josue Loyola; the former was in great shape as he made a wonderful set of passes on his way to 4th. The Mexican used the hairpin expertly to dispatch Voeckler and Gilson-Clarke in one move, earning the plaudits of many. Loyola didn't manage to get any points, but DID manage to work his way up to 10th for a net gain of fourteen places after his Hydook team had misjudged the setups required for the Montreal circuit.

RESULTS

Penalties:

The stewards get a day off.
Last edited by Ataxia on 07 Nov 2014, 16:12, edited 2 times in total.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 North America - R2: Long B...Montrea

Post by Hermann95 »

T.K. Wolf wrote:It was a fantastic race for us, securing the second win of the season. Its absolutly amazing.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Mirko Bosevic wrote:Not the weekend I expected to have after Laguna Seca. We tried to improve the handling and we eventually got Josue's car to get up to standards for Race 2. But we're heading for Quebec with our spirits unchanged.

Fotis Iordanou wrote:My car handled very poorly through the day and got worse by the time we made last minute adjustments. Second race we did not improve the pace.
Sorry, no time for talking.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Marisa Carrera is the EJ Viso of this series. Fast, prone to crashes, and often found as a backmarker as a result of taking damage. I've noticed three out of four poor finishes had pit stops for damage. Only the Sprint at Laguna Seca didn't have such. Both a compliment of her talent and pointing out that she's probably got lower points position talent like Ernesto Padilla, but can't seem to avoid trouble just like her run in the Toyota Carinas last season.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Updated standings are here. It's all soooo close at the moment!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AUTOREJECT 2.0 NORTH AMERICA ROUND 3 - ROAD GATINEAU, CANADA

FEATURE RACE QUALIFYING

FEATURE RACE // 12 LAPS

The race was one of heartbreak for many at the front. The long straights saw the two-litre engines tested to the limit and failures were prevalent. The attrition saw a number of surprise results, in particular both Mecha cars finding their ways up from the back of the grid; Jimmy Hopkins confounded the doubters as he drove cleanly on his way to 6th position. John Sullivan found the lead at the start of the race, and although an off saw him drop back to 7th the American carved his way back through and beat an impressive Malik Zidan to the line. The Egyptian made some excellent moves; one particular move saw him pass Carmen Alvarez Torrente around the outside of turn five, and proceeded to hold his position to slot his yellow Blokkmonsta down the inside of Zenaide Voeckler. Gilson-Clarke was also quick; the Falklander made a number of passes to fill the podium.

RESULTS

Penalties

Alexi Schnass, #20, earned himself a warning for causing an avoidable collision with Luke Gilson-Clarke, #18.

Warnings:
Jimmy Hopkins - 1
Alexi Schnass - 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPRINT RACE GRID

1. Z Voeckler
2. D Summers
3. P Mikoyan
4. F Iordanou
5. J Hopkins
6. T Wolf
7. R Ibe
8. L Gilson-Clarke
9. M Zidan
10. J Sullivan
11. A Lopez
12. A Geinhart
13. G Hillman
14. B Pavlovic
15. N Masisi
16. J Loyola
17. E Armando
18. C Alvarez Torrente
19. M Carrera
20. A Schnass
21. J del Rio
22. J Wilmington
23. A Watson
24. S da Santa Maria
25. P Fenech-Adami
26. E Padilla

SPRINT RACE // 7 LAPS

If the feature race was surprising, the crowd collectively gasped as renowned diffuser-botherer Jimmy Hopkins found himself leading at one point during the sprint. Zenaide Voeckler held first into turn one, but was overwhelmed and dropped back from first, allowing Dakota Summers to take centre stage. However, the brash Hopkins surprised her as he snatched the lead at the start of lap three. Hopkins' reign lasted half a lap, as TK Wolf blasted past and Hopkins found himself off-line. This kick-started the American's descent into the pack, finding himself well down as cars passed him left, right and centre. Boris Pavlovic soon found himself leading, and was on course to take a first win for Rob Lomas Racing. However, despite the Serbian's best efforts, Roger Ibe is a sprint race specialist and forced Pavlovic into an error which allowed the Filipino to muscle past and go for the win. Summers was still up near the top, and she followed Ibe past Pavlovic to put an extra bit of shine on her weekend. Wolf grabbed 3rd at the death, allowing RLR to take points but no podium.

RESULTS
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

T.K. Wolf wrote:This weekend was maybe our worst this season but we still managed to get decent points and even a podium in the sprint race, which wasn't our best disciplin this season. However, i still can't believe that i'm on such a position after 3 weekends but hopefully we can improve our results for Watkins Glen as it is one of the most iconic tracks in the world and also very fun to drive.
V8fan12

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 North America - R3: Road Gatineau

Post by V8fan12 »

Summers did a thing! :D

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Luke Gilson-Clarke wrote:Cant Believe that I finished third in the feature race. To make up what 18 places, if you had told me that before the race I would have laughed at you. Lets take the fight to T.K (wolf) and Roger (Ibe)
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 North America - R3: Road Gatineau

Post by Ataxia »

AUTOREJECT 2.0 NORTH AMERICA ROUND 4 - WATKINS GLEN INTERNATIONAL, NEW YORK

FEATURE RACE QUALIFYING

FEATURE RACE // 18 LAPS

Despite Armando taking pole position, it was his team-mate Roger Ibe who took his fourth win of the season by some margin from the rest of the field. The two were embroiled in a scrap for the lead early on when Ibe beat Ernesto Padilla off the line to sit behind his team-mate. Padilla lost his rear wing in contact with Salvador da Santa Maria, and this cleared the way for Fotis Iordanou to join the lead scrap. Armando couldn't keep the pace and Ibe passed the Panamanian driver and proceeded to build a big safety cushion, whilst Armando himself spent most of his time fighting TK Wolf and Iordanou for 2nd. Within the midfield, Carmen Alvarez Torrente was pushing forward, looking for her first points position finish of the year. However, she managed a bit more than that; a few well-timed moves saw Torrente make her way through the front and take a hard-earned 2nd. Armando held on from the advances of Iordanou for the final podium spot. A special mention to Nonofo Masisi, who claimed his first points of the year in a well-earned 7th place.

RESULTS

Penalties:

S. da Santa Maria, #4, will receive a warning for his collision with E. Padilla, #2, causing Padilla to pit.
P. Fenech-Adami, #27, will receive a warning and will start the sprint race from the back of the grid after contact with D. Summers, #23, causing her to pit, and an incident involving J. Loyola, #17, where he blocked Loyola from entering the pit lane.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPRINT RACE GRID

1. A Lopez
2. G Hillman
3. M Zidan
4. N Masisi
5. J del Rio
6. T Wolf
7. F Iordanou
8. E Armando
9. C Alvarez Torrente
10. R Ibe
11. S da Santamaria
12. A Watson
13. B Pavlovic
14. Z Voeckler
15. J Sullivan
16. J Hopkins
17. P Mikoyan
18. J Loyola
19. L Gilson-Clarke
20. A Schnass
21. A Geinhart
22. E Padilla
23. J Wilmington
24. D Summers
25. M Carrera
26. P Fenech-Adami

SPRINT RACE // 12 LAPS

Despite 2017 presenting a slow start for Carmen Alvarez Torrente, she found the Watkins Glen track much to her liking as she took a win in the sprint race. At the beginning, Hillman and Lopez had a great scrap for the lead, but both could not retain the pace in the middle stint. This let Torrente and Zidan sneak in, and although Zidan lost pace in the middle stint to conserve his tyres he managed to switch them back on again to return to the front at the end. Torrente stayed out in front, and although TK Wolf gave her the toughest challenged she'd faced the Spanish driver managed to hold the fort. This let Roger Ibe have a crack at Wolf, and sent a rocket down the inside of the Austrian driver to claim second. Although it seemed like a fantastic move, it had emerged that contact had been made; Ibe removing Wolf's rear wing and ultimately relieving both of points. Zidan was there to pick up the pieces, and Iordanou played the role of remora fish as he followed Zidan back through the pack.

RESULTS

Penalties:

R. Ibe, #6, was provided with a warning for causing avoidable contact with T. Wolf, #3.

Warnings:
Jimmy Hopkins - 1
Alexi Schnass - 1
Salvador da Santa Maria - 1
Paul Fenech-Adami - 1
Roger Ibe - 1
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 North America - R4: Watkins Glen

Post by Ataxia »

AUTOREJECT 2.0 NORTH AMERICA ROUND 5 - INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY, INDIANA

FEATURE RACE QUALIFYING

FEATURE RACE // 22 LAPS

Indianapolis was a late addition to the calendar, but the move seemed justified as a crazy race brought the crowd at Indianapolis a spectacle to remember. A tremendous duel between Malik Zidan and Fotis Iordanou for the win of the race was a theme all the way through, as they swapped positions frequently to keep the audience on tenterhooks. Eventually, our polesitter was the man who took the win; Zidan managed to pull a slight lead on Iordanou to win. The midfield pack was a lot more expansive than usual this race, as we had 3rd to 24th a few seconds apart around the middle portion of the race. The biggest winners from this were Luke Gilson-Clarke and Nonofo Masisi; the latter took 10th and reverse grid pole. Conversely, the Cassidy team will be disappointed with the mid-pack lottery, as Geinhart and Voeckler were swarmed out of their points positions to increase the team's woes.

RESULTS

Penalties

D. Summers, #23, was found to have blocked a number of drivers despite being a lap down, most noticeably A. Geinhart, #24, and P. Mikoyan, #11. She will receive a warning from the stewards for this behaviour.

SPRINT RACE GRID

1. N Masisi
2. A Schnass
3. M Carrera
4. C Alvarez Torrente
5. E Armando
6. L Gilson-Clarke
7. J Loyola
8. T Wolf
9. F Iordanou
10. M Zidan
11. J Wilmington
12. Z Voeckler
13. P Fenech-Adami
14. S da Santa Maria
15. J Hopkins
16. B Pavlovic
17. P Mikoyan
18. G Hillman
19. A Geinhart
20. R Ibe
21. A Lopez
22. J Sullivan
23. J del Rio
24. A Watson
25. E Padilla
26. D Summers

SPRINT RACE // 14 LAPS

Luke Gilson-Clarke won a thrilling sprint race just 0.1s ahead of second-place TK Wolf. Although Gilson-Clarke's team-mate Carmen Alvarez Torrente inherited the early lead, the Falklander took it from her and held it ever since, holding off Wolf and an earlier challenge from Malik Zidan. A late charge from Zenaide Voeckler saw her pass the two Hydooks on the penultimate lap, finishing just behind Eduardo Armando who had been involved in that mix a few laps prior. The weekend went from bad to worse for Roger Ibe; the Filipino driver had the chance to make some headway but got far too involved in midfield scraps.

RESULTS

Warnings:
Jimmy Hopkins - 1
Alexi Schnass - 1
Salvador da Santa Maria - 1
Paul Fenech-Adami - 1
Roger Ibe - 1
Dakota Summers - 1
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 North America - R5: Indy (FEA+SPR!)

Post by Ataxia »

Updated standings available here.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 North America - R5: Indy (FEA+SPR!)

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Andrea Schnass wrote:I just...you started on the front row and this is what you give me?! If it wasn't for your blackm- family connections you wouldn't be here in this seat!

Fantastic job by Zidan though! With his skill we'll be hitting stride in AR3.5 no sweat!
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 North America - R6: Atlanta (FEA)

Post by Ataxia »

AUTOREJECT 2.0 NORTH AMERICA ROUND 6 - ROAD ATLANTA, GEORGIA

FEATURE RACE QUALIFYING

FEATURE RACE // 19 LAPS

Roger Ibe took his 5th win of 2017 with relative ease at Road Atlanta. After a bad run of form in his last three outings, the Filipino driver showed real determination to pass the likes of Wolf, Padilla and Armando early on to ensure that the race pace would be on his terms. Although there was a brief period on lap 14 where Ibe's lead looked ropy; John Sullivan made a number of impressive manouevres to climb towards the top and looked to be a threat, but fell away a few laps later as Ibe stepped it up and the Union Saver car proved no tyre saver. Sullivan's teammate Jorge del Rio drove a more quiet race, yet won out as he claimed 2nd place - narrowly beating TK Wolf to the flag.

RESULTS

SPRINT RACE // 14 LAPS

After a lot of place switching at the front, Luke Gilson-Clarke made a pass on Grant Hillman on the penultimate lap to claim the lead, and then held off feature race-winner Roger Ibe to ensure the sprint race was his. Hillman had lead the majority of the race despite an early scare from Ernesto Padilla, but saw Gilson-Clarke and Ibe breeze past him at the top of the hill.

RESULTS

Penalties: None.
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 North America - R6: Atlanta (FEA+SPR

Post by Ataxia »

2017 AUTOREJECT 2.0 NORTH AMERICA ROUND 7 - FUNDIDORA PARK, MONTERREY, MEXICO

GRID: http://simresults.net/150215-2j3

FEATURE RACE // 22 LAPS
CR Motorsport would have hoped for a dull race once they’d got both cars at the top, and their wish was fulfilled as Armando and Ibe rather ran away with things at Fundidora Park. Armando overcame Padilla at the start, and then began to sail off into the distance. Ibe had to work a little harder after qualifying 7th, but the Filipino made light work of the front pack and chased after his teammate, who let Ibe pass on the final corner. With TK Wolf well out of the picture; the Austrian had to deal with the backmarker drivers, and was subject to a number of squabbles. Salvador da Santa Maria earned a trip to the stewards after ending Alexi Schnass’ race.

RESULTS: http://simresults.net/150215-t9B

SPRINT RACE // 15 LAPS

RESULTS: http://simresults.net/150218-3wO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 AUTOREJECT 2.0 NORTH AMERICA ROUND 8 - AUTODROMO HERMANOS RODRIGUEZ, MEXICO

GRID: http://simresults.net/150222-9tK

FEATURE RACE // 18 LAPS

Roger Ibe claimed pole and a win to win the 2017 AR2.0NA championship in the Mexico City feature race, despite a stern challenge from title rival TK Wolf. Ibe refused to be drawn into petty squabbles at the start and dropped to 4th, but clawed his way back through once the field had spread a little. Wolf did the same, but blew hot and cold when he came up against Ibe and wasn’t able to force the Filipino into a mistake; CR managed to coax Armando into challenging Wolf to allow Ibe to build an unassailable lead.

RESULTS: http://simresults.net/150222-Q6y

SPRINT RACE // 12 LAPS

RESULTS: http://simresults.net/150222-30i

FINAL STANDINGS: http://formularejects.com/wiki/2017_Aut ... #Standings
Ataxia
Not Important

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 North America - END OF SEASON

Post by Ataxia »

POST SEASON TESTING - SONOMA

Now the season's over, I can open the floor to submitting post-season testing squads.

Please enter lineups for both days, regardless of whether they change.

DAY 1

People Power presents Young CR Motorsport (USA) Klon
Eduardo Armando (PAN)
Gerson Cherry (BRA, 16)

Union Saver Developments (AUT) SeedStriker
John Sullivan (USA)
Jorge del Rio (MEX)

Falik Arrows (NGA) SuperAguri
Nonofo Masisi (BOT)
George Woah-Tee (LIB, 16)

Team Mecha Junior (INA) FMecha
Jimmy Hopkins (USA)
Tomasz Pulaski (POL, 17)

Simpson Motorsports (AUS) MinardiFan95
Damon Stevenson (USA, 17)
Aaron Watson (USA)

Hydook CroAm Racing Team (CRO) Pointrox
Milica Bosevic (CRO, 17)
Angelica Lopez (MEX)

Hunter-Maple Racing (CAN) peteroli34
Ricardo Velázquez (VEN)
Josue Loyola (TRO)

Crabtree Garage by Blokkmonsta (USA) captain_getz
Torolf Sigurdsson (NOR, 19)
Malik Zidan (EGY)

Peak Motorsport Canada (CAN) V8fan12
Dakota Summers (CAN)
Benjamin Foster-Thompson (AUS, 16)

Exide Cassidy Racing (USA) Salamander
Hank Willis Jr (USA, 17)
Hernan Aguilar (PAR, 16)

Rob Lomas Racing (GBR) roblomas52
Boris Pavlovic (SRB)
Paul Fenech-Adami (MLT)

Horizon Motorsport (AUS) Wizzie
TBA
TBA

TBA
TBA
TBA
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAY 2

People Power presents Young CR Motorsport (USA) Klon
Eduardo Armando (PAN)
Gerson Cherry (BRA, 16)

Union Saver Developments (AUT) SeedStriker
John Sullivan (USA)
Jorge del Rio (MEX)

Falik Arrows (NGA) SuperAguri
James Wilmington (CAN)
Angelica Lopez (MEX)

Team Mecha Junior (INA) FMecha
Jimmy Hopkins (USA)
Tomasz Pulaski (POL, 17)

Simpson Motorsports (AUS) MinardiFan95
Damon Stevenson (USA, 17)

Hydook CroAm Racing Team (CRO) Pointrox
Milica Bosevic (CRO, 17)
Rauf Zakariyya El-Mofty (OMA, 16)

Hunter-Maple Racing (CAN) peteroli34
Ricardo Velázquez (VEN)
Tyger Winters (USA, 16)

Crabtree Garage by Blokkmonsta (USA) captain_getz
Torolf Sigurdsson (NOR, 19)
Malik Zidan (EGY)

Peak Motorsport Canada (CAN) V8fan12
Dakota Summers (CAN)

Exide Cassidy Racing (USA) Salamander
Hank Willis Jr (USA, 17)
Hernan Aguilar (PAR, 16)

Rob Lomas Racing (GBR) roblomas52
Boris Pavlovic (SRB)
Paul Fenech-Adami (MLT)

Horizon Motorsport (AUS) Wizzie
TBA
TBA

TBA
TBA
TBA
Pointrox

Re: 2017 AutoReject 2.0 N. America - END OF SEASON (Sonoma T

Post by Pointrox »

Milica Bosevic will test one of the cars. The other is up for grabs - the highest bidder takes the seat in the second car for two days ;)
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

My team is Peak Motorsport Canada, not Speed Collective Racing

Peak Motorsport Canada testing lineup:
Day 1
Dakota Summers (CAN, 19)

Day 2
Dakota Summers (CAN, 19)
Benjamin Foster-Thompson (AUS, 17)

Angelica Lopez (MEX, 17; drove for PMC in 2017) is available to drive for any team at the test.
Last edited by V8fan12 on 01 Mar 2015, 19:48, edited 2 times in total.

Peteroli34

Post by Peteroli34 »

Hunter-Maple Racing testing lineup:

Day 1
Ricardo Velázquez
TBA

Day 2
Ricardo Velázquez
TBA

The second seat is open to any offers
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

V8fan12 wrote:My team is Peak Motorsport Canada, not Speed Collective Racing

Day 1
Dakota Summers
TBA

Day 2
Dakota Summers
TBA

Angelica Lopez (drove for PMC in 2017) is available to drive for any team at the test.

Ah, yes, I copy-pasted the lists from the first page...sorry! (To be honest, I didn't even change the team name in-game...)

I forgot to mention, please put driver ages in for any newbies to the series. Thanks.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Exide Cassidy Racing will run Hank Willis Jr and Hernan Aguilar on both days.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

RobLomasRacing will run Fenech-Adimi and Pavlovic on both days.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Just put in Mikoyan and Hopkins for now. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

USD will test with regulars del Rio and Sullivan
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Ataxia wrote:
V8fan12 wrote:My team is Peak Motorsport Canada, not Speed Collective Racing

Day 1
Dakota Summers
TBA

Day 2
Dakota Summers
TBA

Angelica Lopez (drove for PMC in 2017) is available to drive for any team at the test.

Ah, yes, I copy-pasted the lists from the first page...sorry! (To be honest, I didn't even change the team name in-game...)

I forgot to mention, please put driver ages in for any newbies to the series. Thanks.

Summers is 19, Lopez 17

Also I offer Lopez to Hunter-Maple or Hydook CroAm for the test. PMC will run new Australian driver Benjamin Foster-Thompson (age 17) (will edit previous post).